• Thread starter Deleted member 89995
  • Start date

Fritzer

so smut now refers to any content that mention sexuality. by your definition the most vanilla romance is now considered smut. that is the most retarded thing I've read in a while
Bro, you need to work on your reading comprehension. I do not know from where you can draw such a conclusion.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think his point is that you make pennies on this site compared to going somewhere for more exposure from people with heftier wallets. Pretty much just being hyperbolic about not making a cent, it wouldn't make sense to argue no one makes money regardless as to how much that impacts their quality of life.
Well, even if people are more willing to spend on other sites, that doesn't suddenly mean that they aren't willing to spend on this one. You lose nothing (aside from some time/effort) by doing crossposting, and you increase your chance of gaining revenue from both sites you're posting at~

But well, I don't really know the stats since I don't keep track of those things, but it wouldn't surprise me if RR was more profitable. That doesn't make Scribblehub not profitable though. It just means both sites are useful~

Fritzer

They are not.

Harem means multiple love interests. Whether or not this leads into polygamy is something that is up to the author.

regardless of site. People do spend money on Scribblehub, and the popular novels earn more money than the non-popular ones. It's not rocket science.

Lmao why are you so desperate to be right.
LOOK at SH, search for the top HAREM novels. They are all ECCHI or SMUT.
Not satisfied? Look for HAREM books in Amazon. Oh wow, they are all +18.

If you are incapable of seeing that Harem has a +18 connotation, then that is more because you simply do not wish to see it for sake of not being wrong.

Look, very classy Harem novels:

1666463337597.png

Gender Bender means the protagonist's gender was changed. Nothing more, nothing less. It's up to the author to decide if they wanna use this for something deep and introspective, for comedy, or for lewd stuff.
1666463535642.png

intellectually dishonest! Sophist! Reeeeeeeeeeeee! You reek like fraud!
Incapable of telling the truth, you all.

Action and Adventure are meaningful genres. It's why you see people adding them when they make sense.

When they don't make sense, they aren't used. Just look at my previous post, 18/25 of the novels had Action, which means 7/25 did not have it. Genres are added when they fit, not when they don't fit.

If I'm writing a school life novel, you can be sure that I won't include neither Action nor Adventure, because they don't fit. As simple as that.

It should be a super obvious observation, that if you are not writing Adventure or Action, no one will read your story. Those are the key elements of any story. I am not here to discuss the obvious.

But for those who are writing within Adventure or Action, it is clear that smut has an overwhelming advantage.

Look:

SH has 15,000 published stories
SH has 13,363 published stories without smut

Smut is a minority. When added together with Ecchi they only make:

16.7% of the stories in the site.

Except:

60%​
Of the top 25 stories in SH have a smut/ecchi tag

So assuming that anyone has the common sense to write an action/adventure novel. If they choose to write non-smut, they are going to have a hard time reaching the top.

a genre that makes up 16.7% of the novels, represents 60% !!! of what people read.

I guess you're just trolling at this point. If you really think the readers in Scribblehub don't spend their money on the novels they like, then I don't even know what to tell you. This argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that I was exaggerating. The essence of what I was communicating, was that people who aspire to be full time writers are wasting their time if they think SH has the demographics to support a non-smut novelist. It does not. You will make peanuts. Only smut writers make decent money in here.

At most, assuming you are one of the best non-smut writers, you might make a mere $300 a month. But for that, you will have to be the top 99.99% percentile in SH. At that point, if you are that good, you would be making like $2k a month in RR or Amazon.

Most readers won't spend money, that's normal. But a certain percentage of readers do spend money. That's true regardless of site. People do spend money on Scribblehub, and the popular novels earn more money than the non-popular ones. It's not rocket science.

Enjoy converting 2% of your non-smut SH readers to patrons. If you are lucky and have 1k readers, you might earn $10 a month! lol

Some author who I shall not name. Has 4k Readers, posts everyday, and only has 36 patrons total.

Can you get 4k readers? can anyone in this forum get 4k readers? You know how hard it is? for 36 patrons? you probably earn more working at McDonalds.

4k readers in RR, and you prob at least will be making 1k USD a month.

But this is only for non-smut. IF you write smut in scribble hub, the conversion is decent. You can make like $300 with as little as 800 readers. Which smut can get in a few weeks.

Africanchieftainsson

Last in line of succession
What relationships do restaurants have with web fictions? Scientists can't seem to figure it out!

Can you get 4k readers? can anyone in this forum get 4k readers? You know how hard it is? for 36 patrons? you probably earn more working at McDonalds.

[/QUOTE]
It always seems to find it's way into a conversation here, smh-_-;;

AliceShiki

Lmao why are you so desperate to be right.
LOOK at SH, search for the top HAREM novels. They are all ECCHI or SMUT.
Not satisfied? Look for HAREM books in Amazon. Oh wow, they are all +18.

If you are incapable of seeing that Harem has a +18 connotation, then that is more because you simply do not wish to see it for sake of not being wrong.

Look, very classy Harem novels:
No, you're the one who doesn't know how to use the Series Finder.

If you want to read Harem that isn't lewd, just use the Series Finder and search for Harem while excluding the sexual tags. It's this simple. Not my fault you don't know how to use the website.
intellectually dishonest! Sophist! Reeeeeeeeeeeee! You reek like fraud!
Incapable of telling the truth, you all.
Mature means it is a novel aimed towards a more mature audience, as it may touch on more psychological or darker themes. I don't know why you highlighted it at times.

And once again, Series Finder. If you want to find a gender bender that isn't lewd nor comedic, just use the Series Finder and exclude stuff like Comedy and Smut from it. You should find the serious stories then. It's not that hard.
It should be a super obvious observation, that if you are not writing Adventure or Action, no one will read your story. Those are the key elements of any story. I am not here to discuss the obvious.
Not even close to truth. Action and Adventure are the more popular genres, so you're obviously more likely to get readers if you go for them, but they're far from being the only popular genres.

Romance is an extremely popular genre everywhere for one, and it often times isn't Action nor Adventure.

Slice of Life is another fairly popular genre that doesn't need Action/Adventure.

You're being disingenuous with your argumentation. You're trying to ignore the fact that smut isn't that popular on Scribblehub when compared to the other actually popular genres, then you're suddenly saying that it's impossible to be popular without choosing the most popular genres... Except there are other popular genres you can choose and they can all work just fine.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that I was exaggerating. The essence of what I was communicating, was that people who aspire to be full time writers are wasting their time if they think SH has the demographics to support a non-smut novelist. It does not. You will make peanuts. Only smut writers make decent money in here.

At most, assuming you are one of the best non-smut writers, you might make a mere $300 a month. But for that, you will have to be the top 99.99% percentile in SH. At that point, if you are that good, you would be making like $2k a month in RR or Amazon.
Citation Needed.

You're the one trying to pretend that popular novels don't earn well in Scribblehub. Where is your source? Back up your claims. The burden of proof is on you.

You're trying to defy common sense by saying popular novels don't earn any money here... Well, prove it. Quote your sources. Post your analytics. Let me see you prove it.

SailusGebel said they saw the statistics before and that they contradicted your statements, but Sailus didn't even bother with fetching those sources because the burden of proof isn't on them, but it's on you. You're the one saying the absurd statement here, so why don't you stop moving the goalposts and instead back your claims with actual verified numbers?

Right now, you're just screaming out loud something that basic common sense defies. You gotta use numbers if you want to make that argument believable.
Some author who I shall not name. Has 4k Readers, posts everyday, and only has 36 patrons total.
Seems like a reasonable number, about 1% of the readers in a free webnovel site became patrons? Perfectly reasonable.

See here for an example: https://www.reddit.com/r/writing/comments/lr56aq/_/gokg5v8
The author of Worm has 1400 patrons. I don't know the numbers of Worm, but I think it's safe to assume it got over 140,000 readers.

In this same comment, the redditor also said, "A typical decently popular web series will have less than 100 patrons." which seems pretty close to what you just stated.
4k readers in RR, and you prob at least will be making 1k USD a month.
Citation needed. Again. Bring the numbers. Right now you're just using numbers from the top of your head and no actual in-depth analytics. That's not a real argument.
you probably earn more working at McDonalds.
Welcome to the entertainment industry. Most people do it for passion and make no money at all (or only a pitiful amount of money) and require a different job to actually pay their bills. This isn't true just for writing, but for basically anything entertainment related.

The people who pay their bills with entertainment-related work are the top 1%. Get used to it.

Fritzer

If you want to read Harem that isn't lewd, just use the Series Finder and search for Harem while excluding the sexual tags. It's this simple. Not my fault you don't know how to use the website.

You can go look for unicorns all you want. But when regular, normies go look for harem, it carries a +18 connotation. Hence, that is what the market produces, and hence why +18 Harem is the most popular type of harem.

You seem very obtuse, I am not so sure how to explain it to you. So I won't.

Mature means it is a novel aimed towards a more mature audience, as it may touch on more psychological or darker themes. I don't know why you highlighted it at times.

And once again, Series Finder. If you want to find a gender bender that isn't lewd nor comedic, just use the Series Finder and exclude stuff like Comedy and Smut from it. You should find the serious stories then. It's not that hard.

You don't have to explain to me what mature means. But nice tangent, is just blah blah blah blah to make it seem like you are addressing my point but in truth you are not. This just goes back to the +18 connotation that I mentioned.

Not even close to truth. Action and Adventure are the more popular genres, so you're obviously more likely to get readers if you go for them, but they're far from being the only popular genres.

Romance is an extremely popular genre everywhere for one, and it often times isn't Action nor Adventure.

Pure Romance is not popular in Scribble Hub. Through this entire topic I been exclusively referring to Scribble Hub.

When I mentioned other sites, it was specifically for the purpose of comparison, which I literally stated.

But also, you fail to realize that this is all just a tangent that you are wishing to interject into the Smut non-smut argument. I was kind enough to entertain it for sake of conversation, but you are not a very pleasant person to talk to. So That is the end of it.

Slice of Life is another fairly popular genre that doesn't need Action/Adventure.

Another tangent.

You're being disingenuous with your argumentation. You're trying to ignore the fact that smut isn't that popular on Scribblehub when compared to the other actually popular genres, then you're suddenly saying that it's impossible to be popular without choosing the most popular genres... Except there are other popular genres you can choose and they can all work just fine.

You are the one who is being intellectually dishonest.

1666490309713.png

SMUT/ECCHI IS LITERALLY 60% of the front page! Despite only being 16.7% of THE NOVELS in the entire site!
Smut novels alone are only 11.3% of the entire site, but the tag represent 36% of the front page! that is close to a 350% representation!

Like what the hell are you on about.

The winning formula: Action or Adventure + Ecchi and Smut = About 60% of the Front Page. Action or Adventure without Ecchi or Smut = 40% of the front page.

Citation Needed.

You're the one trying to pretend that popular novels don't earn well in Scribblehub. Where is your source? Back up your claims. The burden of proof is on you.

You're trying to defy common sense by saying popular novels don't earn any money here... Well, prove it. Quote your sources. Post your analytics. Let me see you prove it.

SailusGebel said they saw the statistics before and that they contradicted your statements, but Sailus didn't even bother with fetching those sources because the burden of proof isn't on them, but it's on you. You're the one saying the absurd statement here, so why don't you stop moving the goalposts and instead back your claims with actual verified numbers?

Right now, you're just screaming out loud something that basic common sense defies. You gotta use numbers if you want to make that argument believable.

The burden of proof lies on you. Because, disproving the existence of something takes an infinite amount of more effort than proving the existence of something.

It is you, who wish to believe the fantasy, that Scribble Hub supports the demographics for a full-time writer without them cross posting to RR or writing smut.

Seems like a reasonable number, about 1% of the readers in a free webnovel site became patrons? Perfectly reasonable.

See here for an example: https://www.reddit.com/r/writing/comments/lr56aq/_/gokg5v8
The author of Worm has 1400 patrons. I don't know the numbers of Worm, but I think it's safe to assume it got over 140,000 readers.

In this same comment, the redditor also said, "A typical decently popular web series will have less than 100 patrons." which seems pretty close to what you just stated.

Citation needed. Again. Bring the numbers. Right now you're just using numbers from the top of your head and no actual in-depth analytics. That's not a real argument.

Wow, are you really going to list authors who made their money outside of SH to make it seem like people can make money in SH?

Are you serious? what a clown. Now you are making it seem as if I said that it was impossible to make money writing regular fantasy outside of Scribble Hub, when I never did nor hinted as such.

Premier

On a day I got 1400 views, only a single view came from people searching Action and 0 from Adventure. I got more views through "Monster Tamer" and that's pretty niche as it is.

Action/Adventure is either too drowned out for people to find you, or nobody searches for tags that are generic.

It's a dumb argument though, if you're not posting Smut, post it on RR as well as SH. You have nothing to lose doing so and it barely takes any time.

Kind of a bad example. Wildbow's Patreon offers literally nothing but a vague promise he'll write more free content. The primary draw of a Patreon here are advance chapters, which he doesn't do.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

You are the one who is being intellectually dishonest.
Try re-reading the screenshot you just took. You're making yourself look silly with this one.
You can go look for unicorns all you want. But when regular, normies go look for harem, it carries a +18 connotation. Hence, that is what the market produces, and hence why +18 Harem is the most popular type of harem.

You seem very obtuse, I am not so sure how to explain it to you. So I won't.
You don't have to explain to me what mature means. But nice tangent, is just blah blah blah blah to make it seem like you are addressing my point but in truth you are not. This just goes back to the +18 connotation that I mentioned.
You not knowing the basic definition of genres doesn't suddenly make your definition a valid one. Go learn what the genre's definition actually is.
Pure Romance is not popular in Scribble Hub. Through this entire topic I been exclusively referring to Scribble Hub.
It's plenty popular. A quick search on Series Finder shows that.

Sure, not as popular as Action/Adventure, but still plenty popular.
But also, you fail to realize that this is all just a tangent that you are wishing to interject into the Smut non-smut argument. I was kind enough to entertain it for sake of conversation, but you are not a very pleasant person to talk to. So That is the end of it.
It's not a tangent, it's you spouting nonsense and trying to make people believe that non-smut isn't profitable on Scribblehub, which is a plain dishonest lie.
The burden of proof lies on you. Because, disproving the existence of something takes an infinite amount of more effort than proving the existence of something.

It is you, who wish to believe the fantasy, that Scribble Hub supports the demographics for a full-time writer without them cross posting to RR or writing smut.
You don't need to disprove anything. You just need to prove that people who don't write smut don't earn much money.

It's as simple as talking to the top authors of Scribblehub and seeing if they can share you their earnings that come from Scribblehub, since they should have this number, then posting it.

Or, referencing this number if you already have access to it. It's this simple, really.

If you don't have access to those numbers though, then you're just speaking out of plain... Nothing. You don't have anything backing your argument other than your own point that defies basic common sense.

It's just disingenuous arguing, really. If you're so certain that people who are popular on Scribblehub don't earn good money... Then post the numbers. Surely you have the numbers to back such ludicrous claim, don't you?
Wow, are you really going to list authors who made their money outside of SH to make it seem like people can make money in SH?
Webnovel industry has many things that are true across all platforms. While some platforms are more profitable than others, the general trends are still the same.
Kind of a bad example. Wildbow's Patreon offers literally nothing but a vague promise he'll write more free content. The primary draw of a Patreon here are advance chapters, which he doesn't do.
Fair point there, my bad. Out of the list provided by that redditor, the only novel I had heard of was Worm, so it's the one I used as my argument. I didn't realize the author's patreon offered nothing because I didn't check said patreon.

That one was my bad.

Fritzer

Try re-reading the screenshot you just took. You're making yourself look silly with this one.

You not knowing the basic definition of genres doesn't suddenly make your definition a valid one. Go learn what the genre's definition actually is.

It's plenty popular. A quick search on Series Finder shows that.

Sure, not as popular as Action/Adventure, but still plenty popular.

It's not a tangent, it's you spouting nonsense and trying to make people believe that non-smut isn't profitable on Scribblehub, which is a plain dishonest lie.

You don't need to disprove anything. You just need to prove that people who don't write smut don't earn much money.

It's as simple as talking to the top authors of Scribblehub and seeing if they can share you their earnings that come from Scribblehub, since they should have this number, then posting it.

Or, referencing this number if you already have access to it. It's this simple, really.

If you don't have access to those numbers though, then you're just speaking out of plain... Nothing. You don't have anything backing your argument other than your own point that defies basic common sense.

It's just disingenuous arguing, really. If you're so certain that people who are popular on Scribblehub don't earn good money... Then post the numbers. Surely you have the numbers to back such ludicrous claim, don't you?

Webnovel industry has many things that are true across all platforms. While some platforms are more profitable than others, the general trends are still the same.

Fair point there, my bad. Out of the list provided by that redditor, the only novel I had heard of was Worm, so it's the one I used as my argument. I didn't realize the author's patreon offered nothing because I didn't check said patreon.

That one was my bad.

1666497700415.png

1666497733090.png

Oh, so now you expect me to reveal private conversations and chat logs with other authors? No, you will not get that.

1666497943742.png

1666497966569.png

I could probably find way more examples, of Royal Road Stories that are making money in RR, and decided to stop posting in SH because they probably thought it was not fiscally significant.

But I was hoping that I had to not resort to that. The stats I posted should be more than enough. But you are clearly delusional. Maybe is best if I no longer reply.
1666498635238.png

1666498669641.png

1666498710425.png

1666498734932.png

This guy is the best writer in Scribble Hub, and has probably the best stats in SH. Look at how much he makes, this is 100% SH only money.
This forum is just so detached from reality, and from the opinion of the active writers in the SH discord server.

But I am not surprised since most of you no longer write.
Here is a smut novel only available in SH and probably webnovel;

1666499149112.png

1666499170384.png

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Oh, so now you expect me to reveal private conversations and chat logs with other authors? No, you will not get that.
Nope. You could ask in public and see if they are willing to share. Or you could see if they have publicly available patreon information and the like.

But if you're giving up at the start, then that just proves the whole point. You don't have any numbers to back up your claims, so they're just empty claims coming from nowhere. Good to know~

Mystic_Grasshopper

-Part 1 Overview: This whole thread has devolved due to the apparent lack of integrity in several members. No one said you can't make money period from writing non-smut stories. No one said only smut stories make money in general, and anything said close to that is open to interpretation but is easily disprovable and can be seen as hyperbolic language.

The amount of misinformation is despicable. When referring to this site alone on the subject most can't seem to point to any actual backing for their points for or against making respectable amounts of money with supposed non-smut.

-Part 2 Scribblehub money: The data I'm going to proceed with accounts only for money made on patreon. I've accrued a list of stories to test the hypothesis and asked around for some input from at least well known level authors (Only 5 authors were readily reachable for this last minute data gathering), and the consensus thus far is approximately a range of 10-36%(Avg:23%) of patrons coming from Scribblehub alone, with ranges of revenue going from as low as 1500 to as high as 5k per month. Mind you all of these stories they wrote are the top .01% of Scribblehub (at least top 155)

To get more specific the patreon with an income of 2.2k had the highest amount of Scribblehub patrons at 36%, an unknown percentage of scribblehub patrons contributed at its peak 500$ to a patreon that at the time made an income of 4,475$ per month, another patreon with an income of around 3k+ had 20% of its patronage made up of Scribblehub readers, the highest income included reached around 5,691$ the assumed percentage of scribblehub patrons in this case was 25% (the income this percentage contributed to might either be an outlier or untrue as the author commented they no longer remember the date the poll was made on but I took a point that fits the description author gave "nope, could've been longer" when asked if it was exactly a year ago as of today's date.)

The large caveat here is that this data is old (all of the authors I've asked do not have any recent polls) and is limited in scope (again only 5 authors were asked). Even fairly new data (2/5 of the data points) that was included in this is from very early this year (January 2022) or less than 2 years ago (March 2021) but still fits in with the old data. It being 2-3 years old data means its relevancy is frankly debatable but in that debate there hasn't been a single rising star in the midst of this time frame that could give us insight into how much stake a developing story has on this website. This is bad because it illustrates that no one has even reached the peak of this site through exclusivity and achieved any recognizable level of success in terms of revenue (specifically 1st world country levels of wage).

Conversation (involving a well known member of the staff) around 2 years ago in the public scribblehub discord clearly outlined that money was not the reason to post on scribblehub, building and expanding readerbase was the touted reason to even consider it for any newcomers. There was hope that this would change given time but I do not see any evidence to prove this after so long.

-Part 3 Another Side: Now someone made the point that 4k followers on another site: Royal Road, would grant nearly 1k per month on patreon. I went through and sifted through the stories sitting at 4k followers and a couple of points above and below that, and decided to narrow the research down even further to stories that were made in the past year or so and came from non-established authors ie those who haven't had a story as big or bigger than this one. 11 stories fit that criteria, I also found some that went above and beyond but removed them, reducing it to the eleven being analyzed rn.

I included only the highest income they reached in a month, of those stories that started within 12 months ago and now that currently sit at nearly 4k followers; 7 of them made at least 1k at their highest income level, 4 of them did not reach this. 7 of them are not on Scribblehub, 4 of them are crossposted to here and RR. There does not seem to be any strong correlation with increased income to these stories from being posted on scribblehub.

1666552070373.png

The two outliers that I didn't include to the eleven stated here make well over the 1k requirement and also are already at the top of their respective website. The minimum displayed here is equivalent to their number of patrons so it is my guess that a good chunk of them push the revenue far above that minimum.

1666553663500.png

Conclusion: With this data I think it is a fair assertion to say that if you seek to post on this site for money alone with a non-smut story you are better served elsewhere, if you seek to post on this site for the purpose most recognize which is to build and expand a readerbase it is still debatable but ultimately up to the writer to make the call.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

-Part 1 Overview: This whole thread has devolved due to the apparent lack of integrity in several members. No one said you can't make money period from writing non-smut stories. No one said only smut stories make money in general, and anything said close to that is open to interpretation but is easily disprovable and can be seen as hyperbolic language.

The amount of misinformation is despicable. When referring to this site alone on the subject most can't seem to point to any actual backing for their points for or against making respectable amounts of money with supposed non-smut.

-Part 2 Scribblehub money: The data I'm going to proceed with accounts only for money made on patreon. I've accrued a list of stories to test the hypothesis and asked around for some input from at least well known level authors (Only 5 authors were readily reachable for this last minute data gathering), and the consensus thus far is approximately a range of 10-36%(Avg:23%) of patrons coming from Scribblehub alone, with ranges of revenue going from as low as 1500 to as high as 5k per month. Mind you all of these stories they wrote are the top .01% of Scribblehub (at least top 155)

To get more specific the patreon with an income of 2.2k had the highest amount of Scribblehub patrons at 36%, an unknown percentage of scribblehub patrons contributed at its peak 500$ to a patreon that at the time made an income of 4,475$ per month, another patreon with an income of around 3k+ had 20% of its patronage made up of Scribblehub readers, the highest income included reached around 5,691$ the assumed percentage of scribblehub patrons in this case was 25% (the income this percentage contributed to might either be an outlier or untrue as the author commented they no longer remember the date the poll was made on but I took a point that fits the description author gave "nope, could've been longer" when asked if it was exactly a year ago as of today's date.)

The large caveat here is that this data is old (all of the authors I've asked do not have any recent polls) and is limited in scope (again only 5 authors were asked). Even fairly new data (2/5 of the data points) that was included in this is from very early this year (January 2022) or less than 2 years ago (March 2021) but still fits in with the old data. It being 2-3 years old data means its relevancy is frankly debatable but in that debate there hasn't been a single rising star in the midst of this time frame that could give us insight into how much stake a developing story has on this website. This is bad because it illustrates that no one has even reached the peak of this site through exclusivity and achieved any recognizable level of success in terms of revenue (specifically 1st world country levels of wage).

Conversation (involving a well known member of the staff) around 2 years ago in the public scribblehub discord clearly outlined that money was not the reason to post on scribblehub, building and expanding readerbase was the touted reason to even consider it for any newcomers. There was hope that this would change given time but I do not see any evidence to prove this after so long.

-Part 3 Another Side: Now someone made the point that 4k followers on another site: Royal Road, would grant nearly 1k per month on patreon. I went through and sifted through the stories sitting at 4k followers and a couple of points above and below that, and decided to narrow the research down even further to stories that were made in the past year or so and came from non-established authors ie those who haven't had a story as big or bigger than this one. 11 stories fit that criteria, I also found some that went above and beyond but removed them, reducing it to the eleven being analyzed rn.

I included only the highest income they reached in a month, of those stories that started within 12 months ago and now that currently sit at nearly 4k; 7 of them made at least 1k at their highest income level, 4 of them did not reach this. 7 of them are not on Scribblehub, 4 of them are crossposted to here and RR. There does not seem to be any strong correlation with increased income to these stories from being posted on scribblehub.

View attachment 15821

The two outliers that I didn't include to the eleven stated here make well over the 1k requirement and also are already at the top of their respective website. The minimum displayed here is equivalent to their number of patrons so it is my guess that a good chunk of them push the revenue far above that minimum.

View attachment 15822

Conclusion: With this data I think it is a fair assertion to say that if you seek to post on this site for money alone with a non-smut story you are better served elsewhere, if you seek to post on this site for the purpose most recognize which is to build and expand a readerbase it is still debatable but ultimately up to the writer to make the call.
Unfortunately, no. This data isn't enough.

Mystic_Grasshopper

Unfortunately, no. This data isn't enough.
I can't help you with data anymore than I already have but I will explain a little bit further in case it might help you to understand a bit better, the data I have presented is not an end all be all, it is what I, a person with no experience with this kind of stuff, could collect in a reasonable amount of time about a topic with this much nuance. My conclusion wasn't based solely on 'the numbers' it's based on what I couldn't collect, the engagement on this site and on patreon as whole makes it almost impossible to collect 100% accurate information and the fact that so many things are playing into a question of this site's viability rather than its ease of use makes it seem like it's a lost cause to find the gems that aren't inherently propagated by the algorithm. Simply put, I can't find anything that isn't smut that makes anywhere near the amount from this site that it would make if it catered to the readership of this site's competitor.