1 chap author

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Just want people to share their experience on author who just drop 1 chap of what look like a promising story only to never posted again.

The first time it happen to me, i was suprise. Only to learn later that this was aparently.....normal ? I mean some author have their own set of problem, their own life and they don't have the duty to write for reader if they don't feel like it.

Some axed their work cause they dont like it, some lost their account, some just wanted to "test the water", and some is just one-shot but that one doesn't count. Anyway how did you find out about those 1 chap author.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Imo it's a lot easier to do a start that sounds good by itself than one that can support an equally entertaining story.
As long as it's unwritten the story is your expectation of it, while a mediocre or bad execution usually overshadows first impressions.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
This guy is an author and he writes an entire book of his in one chapter

StrongArm

i'm guilty of this.

I come up with amazing concepts & worlds, but unfortunately lose motivation to flesh it out.

One of the funnest parts of writing for me is coming up with amazing ideas & fantastic worlds.

I have a LOT of ideas too, i kinda want to write them ALL but i just dont have the time...

Fortunately, right now i am committed to my current novel

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Wait you're a real person not a bot randomly liking comments?!!!
As for the thread: eh it happens. I think I came across a similar case back on NU
afrimitive i am indeed a human and tolally not a A.I design to study human behavior and their psychology.

expentio

That's why I post several chapters at the start. Though, I still fail to understand why some would post anything while apparently not even planning to go past that. Or rather, why are they posting without having anything beyond the released as backlog.

thefinal13

sometime the stories inside the mind of author progress so fast, the author feels too lethargic to go back and explain to the readers.

If you see an one chapter novel, think the author had completed the story in his mind and don't want to share with anyone anymore.

Beeteetee

The short one chapters are basically a summary of an idea, and it seems the original author to wants it to exist and yet not commit to the writing.

Because of this, I daresay that the one chapters are fair game for inspirations to do a story.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
afrimitive i am indeed a human and tolally not a A.I design to study human behavior and their psychology.
Isn't that what a sneaky AI would say?
Wait... wouldn't a sneakier AI point out another AI was being sneaky so as to fool the humans be the sneakiest?
Am I an AI?
I have a degree in psychology. I study human behavior.
AHHH! AM I REAL? AM I JUST AN ARTIFICAL CONSTRUCT DESIGNED TO PUSH SOME SORT OF CORPORATIZE AGENDA???
Oh wait. I have a cat that demands scritches. I'm real. Existential crisis averted.
sometime the stories inside the mind of author progress so fast, the author feels too lethargic to go back and explain to the readers.
Allow me to translate:
Author fapped too much to own story. No longer gets boner. Nap time.
That's why I post several chapters at the start.
I just want to say, your avatar looks like a big, blue, speckled boob with an angry red nipple and I'm okay with that.
I looked into the mirror and saw a former 1 chap author. Now I make sure to write at least 3 chaps before quitting :D
Beware of staring into the abyss, for the abyss stares back into you... and it only wrote one chapter about what it saw.
I'm just saying the abyss finds you boring and has better things to do with its time. It can't be bothered to write more.
Or maybe the abyss is just making excuses because it's self-conscious about everyone staring at it all the time.
The abyss is very awkward and procrastinates too much.

Last edited:

TroubleFait

I did this once. I'm not strong enough to write a story it seems, but at least I tried a few times.
One day I'll do it though. I never lost this faith. Just not right now.

UberNuber

I started my story because for years I had a setting and told myself short stories whenever I was doing 'busy' work around the house or just before bed.

Those short stories were always fun in my head, but it turned out they were a lot of work when i put them down because the stories had to have conjunctions and proper dialogues.

Over the months it became less 'work' and a lot more fun, but those initial few chapters were the hardest.

Maze_Runner

□■ - I like running in mazes - ■□
Just want people to share their experience on author who just drop 1 chap of what look like a promising story only to never posted again.

The first time it happen to me, i was suprise. Only to learn later that this was aparently.....normal ? I mean some author have their own set of problem, their own life and they don't have the duty to write for reader if they don't feel like it.

Some axed their work cause they dont like it, some lost their account, some just wanted to "test the water", and some is just one-shot but that one doesn't count. Anyway how did you find out about those 1 chap author.
It can be frustrating but I am guilty of the same. Sometimes things get in the way or the author just doesn't feel motivated enough to continue. Support totally can help but not always will. You just have to realize they are probably busy, working on another book that's more popular or started a new one, or maybe they found out writing isn't really their thing. There is many reasons to this.