20k words for Main Character Illustration

lambchap

Please notice senpai! I'll be closing this for now while I work with the first ones but you guys can still reply.

First things first, no, this isn't a paid service. I doubt my poor skill level will ever make it to that point. Feel free to imagine this as "fan" art and who knows I might really take a liking to your story.

I made this thread in order to break my procrastination from drawing. So I thought maybe you guys could help me out here a bit. I only have one requirement, your fiction MUST BE PAST 20K WORDS.

If you're up for this thread, all I need is a brief description of the MAIN character (not characterS) and a link to your novel.

I'll reply to your post with the illustration.

P.S. As you might discover if you try to look up my username on SH main site (not the forums), I'm also an author but on hiatus (I'm kind of stockpiling chapters - I write real slow and messy). But for now, I shall let them rest before I edit them as best as I could.

Edited to add my personal illustrations.
Untitled21.png
Untitled23_20210328224325.png
Untitled1_20210321170722.png
Untitled19_20210328155002.png

Attachments

• Untitled26.png
    Untitled26.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Might as well do this just because I'd love a drawing of my character. My story is like 33K words and I procrastinate a lot, but I'll get more chapters out eventually.

Anyway, for the description of Rowan:

He's tall and muscular but lean, covered in scars of different types, though no noticeable ones on his face. He has a handsome face with sharp features, his eyes are central heterochromatic with a copper inner ring and dull green outer ring, his ears are slight points(like half-ef). His hair is black with some silver streaks in it, and it comes down to his ears when let down. For clothes, a steel gray short-sleeved shirt with black pants and black combat boots, could be medieval or modern. If he wears slightly loose clothing his musculature is entirely hidden because of how lean he is, but if he wears normal clothes his muscles will peek through the fabric. He also has no facial hair, and looks about 18-20 years old. Also, Rowan's right arm is a mechanical prosthetic that's a dull bronze color.

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Good luck on breaking your procrastination! I don’t need it but I know drawing can be rough at times. Would you please give us a reference for your art for fun? I'm curious as I used to draw myself.

D

Deleted member 45782

First things first, no, this isn't a paid service. I doubt my poor skill level will ever make it to that point. Feel free to imagine this as "fan" art and who knows I might really take a liking to your story.

I made this thread in order to break my procrastination from drawing. So I thought maybe you guys could help me out here a bit. I only have one requirement, your fiction MUST BE PAST 20K WORDS.

If you're up for this thread, all I need is a brief description of the MAIN character (not characterS) and a link to your novel.

P.S. As you might discover if you try to look up my username on SH main site (not the forums), I'm also an author but on hiatus (I'm kind of stockpiling chapters - I write real slow and messy). But for now, I shall let them rest before I edit them as best as I could.
Nice! Bookmarked for later. :)

EternalSunset0

Sure, I'll take it. More art is always nice, and the series overall has over 200k words spread across three volumes.

My main character, Kazuki, just looks like the standard Japanese LN lead. Black hair that's a bit scruffy with bangs over an eye. I based his appearance on Ishigami from Kaguya-sama or the Persona 3 protagonist, so I think you get the vibes. I don't have much distinctive features for him, but he does occasionally wear headphones around his neck. I don't have a set attire for him, and he usually just wears a school uniform, but I think a teal parka looks okay for civilian attire.

I made character generator stuff on my characters before, so you can also use these as reference.

Kazuki.png
download20200703153901.png

You can also check the Glossaries of any of the three volumes for some more references. Looking forward to seeing your take on him.

Here's the first volume: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/193429/fractal-plane-awakeners-pact/

Internet-Degenerate

Screw it. My garbage story doesn't deserve 'fan' art, but since you're offering, then why not?

MC description:

He wears a baggy black tracksuit, worn out joggers, and a navy blue scarf wrapped around his neck. He's a dirty hobo, about 5ft 10, very thin and hunches forward with his hands in his pockets, trying to conceal as much bare skin as he can. He's 15 years old, very scruffy, has dirty black hair filled with knots that reaches down to the nape of his neck, and has little strands of hair sticking out of from all over. From what's visible on the left side of his face, his cheek and eye is scarred with burns from a fire, and his left eye is clouded and grey because of it. The pupil in his right eye is a lifeless black. He has small, faint cuts and scratches all over his face and neck, as well. He has a very shy and awkward demeanor, and most people would consider him ugly because of it. If he had no scars and you cleaned the dirt off of his face, he'd be pretty cute.

Go nuts. Or don't. You don't have to draw this if you don't want to.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/257410/the-charm-schools-sample/

Last edited:

LordJoyde

Eh, how do you feel about drawing a villanous character?

Description: Anne is a humanoid with lion-like ears, but no tail. She stands at about 1.80m tall, has long golden hair tied into a ponytail with an equally golden bracelet and a permanently grim expression etched onto her frame. She is 18 years of age, pale-white skin and a body full of scars due to past traumas. She is very athletic, but not overly-muscular aka toned. Her eyes are pearly white, while the iris itself is a pale gold.

Usual Outfit: Black tanktop, jeans, leather belt, gloves and combat boots.

Personality: Depressive, bully, sociopath, manipulator.

Have fun, lmao

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

Edited to add my personal illustrations.
View attachment 7532View attachment 7533View attachment 7534View attachment 7535
Okay, this one's easy.

This one's an anthropomorphic wolf. He's lanky, but a bit athletic. He's black-furred, perky-eared, curved-tail'd and has red, feline eyes. He's also got BIG FEET, so much so that he's forced to go barefooted wherever.

Yes, it sounds weird but that's how the characterization goes.

My story has around 177k+ words at this point. Here's a link to it.

AND, some reference images to give a better image.

I don't care what kind of clothes you wanna put him in. Hell, give him a dress, of you want to. But if you don't have any clues, just put him in an Adidas tracksuit. Not the athletic kind; the SLAVIC kind.

lambchap

I'll write this in bold and all capitals but please know that I'm not angry lol.

I'LL BE DOING THE ONES UP UNTIL THIS POST. SO UNTIL THEN (WHEN I FINISH ALL OF THEM) I'LL REOPEN THIS THREAD. :D
Might as well do this just because I'd love a drawing of my character. My story is like 33K words and I procrastinate a lot, but I'll get more chapters out eventually.

He's tall and muscular but lean, covered in scars of different types, though no noticeable ones on his face. He has a handsome face with sharp features, his eyes are central heterochromatic with a copper inner ring and dull green outer ring, his ears are slight points(like half-ef). His hair is black with some silver streaks in it, and it comes down to his ears when let down. For clothes, a steel gray short-sleeved shirt with black pants and black combat boots, could be medieval or modern. If he wears slightly loose clothing his musculature is entirely hidden because of how lean he is, but if he wears normal clothes his muscles will peek through the fabric. He also has no facial hair, and looks about 18-20 years old. Also, Rowan's right arm is a mechanical prosthetic that's a dull bronze color.

Untitled33.jpg

hi, @DarkeReises , I have to send this as jpeg. I wanted to use png but SH finds it too large.
P.S. I had fun with his arm.
Sure, I'll take it. More art is always nice, and the series overall has over 200k words spread across three volumes.

My main character, Kazuki, just looks like the standard Japanese LN lead. Black hair that's a bit scruffy with bangs over an eye. I based his appearance on Ishigami from Kaguya-sama or the Persona 3 protagonist, so I think you get the vibes. I don't have much distinctive features for him, but he does occasionally wear headphones around his neck. I don't have a set attire for him, and he usually just wears a school uniform, but I think a teal parka looks okay for civilian attire.

I made character generator stuff on my characters before, so you can also use these as reference.

View attachment 7529 View attachment 7530

You can also check the Glossaries of any of the three volumes for some more references. Looking forward to seeing your take on him.

Here's the first volume: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/193429/fractal-plane-awakeners-pact/
Untitled35.png

I think I made the guy look younger. Hmm

Last edited:

DarkeReises

I'll write this in bold and all capitals but please know that I'm not angry lol.

I'LL BE DOING THE ONES UP UNTIL THIS POST. SO UNTIL THEN (WHEN I FINISH ALL OF THEM) I'LL REOPEN THIS THREAD. :D

View attachment 7538
hi, @DarkeReises , I have to send this as jpeg. I wanted to use png but SH finds it too large.

View attachment 7539
Epic chief, thanks a lot.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall

View attachment 7538

View attachment 7539
You did this in an hour? That's amazing!
Okay, this one's easy.

This one's an anthropomorphic wolf. He's lanky, but a bit athletic. He's black-furred, perky-eared, curved-tail'd and has red, feline eyes. He's also got BIG FEET, so much so that he's forced to go barefooted wherever.

I don't care what kind of clothes you wanna put him in. Hell, give him a dress, of you want to. But if you don't have any clues, just put him in an Adidas tracksuit. Not the athletic kind; the SLAVIC kind.
The red eyes make the drawing a lot cooler!

BenJepheneT

The red eyes make the drawing a lot cooler!
It was a deliberate decision. The red eyes was designed that way to contrast his rather plain features, like rubies fixed on a plain concrete wall. It's supposed to give a reaction where his eyes look more interesting than all his other features.

Another idea was that it made red eyes, the most CLICHÉ'D EYE COLOUR IN ALL OF AMATEUR FICTION a more interesting position within the story. Golden chains are boring in a jewellery store, but put it around, say the Pope, and that's where it starts getting noticed.

On a visual perspective, it's boring as fuck but trust me, it makes more sense within the context of the story. I think.

DarkeReises

It was a deliberate decision. The red eyes was designed that way to contrast his rather plain features, like rubies fixed on a plain concrete wall. It's supposed to give a reaction where his eyes look more interesting than all his other features.

Another idea was that it made red eyes, the most CLICHÉ'D EYE COLOUR IN ALL OF AMATEUR FICTION a more interesting position within the story. Golden chains are boring in a jewellery store, but put it around, say the Pope, and that's where it starts getting noticed.

On a visual perspective, it's boring as fuck but trust me, it makes more sense within the context of the story. I think.
The logic behind character aesthetic. Sometimes the little things make a big difference in the characters.

BenJepheneT

Fuck it, I'mma join in the bandwagon.

It's shit, but I'm working with what I've got at the moment.

DarkeReises

Fuck it, I'mma join in the bandwagon.

It's shit, but I'm working with what I've got at the moment.

Ayye thats pretty fucking epic. Two free drawings in one day? I knew today would be good. Though the body is pretty good, his face looks like a gremlin. Lmao. Actually kinda looks like what a cat beastkin would have or something now that i think about it.

BenJepheneT

his face looks like a gremlin. Lmao. Actually kinda looks like what a cat beastkin would have or something now that i think about it.
I've never actually done faces throughout my drawing experiences. It's either animal faces or masks. Human faces are too boring and complicated for me to do anyway.

Thats not to say I ain't trying

DarkeReises

I've never actually done faces throughout my drawing experiences. It's either animal faces or masks. Human faces are too boring and complicated for me to do anyway.

Thats not to say I ain't trying
I've heard faces are hard, but I'm absolute shit at drawing, so.

lambchap

Okay, this one's easy.

Dress, you say?
Okay, this one's easy.

Untitled30 (1).jpg