A family member that you interact the most becomes the MC’s love interest.

TotallyHuman

Which mc? Actually, any of my mc's would be severely threatening to the life and well-being of any of my famiky members or myself, so I do my best to break them up

Arch9CivilReactor

I’d tell her he’s the MC and convince her that I’m not crazy to think that. If she still wants to be with him despite him having the protagonist tragedy halo, then that’s her own choice.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
How do you tolerate it?
It's not happening. Like, genuinely not happening. Unless the MC is a 70 year old and just mindwiped one of my grandparents because grandma and grandpa both rely on each other emotionally so much.
And for immediate family members, I won't tolerate it. There is no way I would be fine with mom breaking up with dad to go with this MC. If mom and dad can have 9 kids total, and still be head over heels together, they aren't separating for some MC.
And I am assuming this is some random MC. Not my MC. Because let me tell you, there is a snowball's chance in hell in an 'O' class star inside a blackhole of that ever happening with my MC.

Also, what about you? I want to hear your answer to the question.

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
It's not happening. Like, genuinely not happening. Unless the MC is a 70 year old and just mindwiped one of my grandparents because grandma and grandpa both rely on each other emotionally so much.
And for immediate family members, I won't tolerate it. There is no way I would be fine with mom breaking up with dad to go with this MC. If mom and dad can have 9 kids total, and still be head over heels together, they aren't separating for some MC.
And I am assuming this is some random MC. Not my MC. Because let me tell you, there is a snowball's chance in hell in an 'O' class star inside a blackhole of that ever happening with my MC.

Also, what about you? I want to hear your answer to the question.
I wouldn’t tolerate, just tell my mc ’not cool’ in an unkind way. He would understand and leave

Zagaroth

Okay, so the three MCs of my story are in a relationship together, so they'd all need to be interested in ... my wife.

And one of the two FMCs has a personality similar to my wife's. Erm. Awkward much? Anyway, in the end, it just doesn't work. For whatever reason, they get interested in my wife, but then back off when she says no. *shrug* Being the love interest doesn't mean it works out.

My wife has already figured out that she's not capable of a poly relationship. She wouldn't be interested back, even if I wasn't in the picture. The scenario doesn't work and still have my wife be herself. And none of the three would pursue a married person anyway.

Under the improbable scenario that my wife cheated on me, then it would be a divorce, end of story. There's no second chances, we established that we are on the same page there.

If you mean blood relatives, there are none I am in contact with. So I wouldn't care, but it would be a disaster of a dumpster fire. None of the trio are remotely compatible with any of my relatives.