A good Kingdom Building story.

Bristlecone

I'm looking for a good story about building a kingdom from scratch.
Without harems and without cultivation techniques, please.

Bristlecone

Yes, Release that witch was a good story :s_smile:. But I already read that one, and he was already a noble of an existing kingdom.

XKARNATION

My story "Reincarnated as a Nightwalker" is a kingdom builder without harem or cultivation techniques

Mechaphobic

RTW was a great novel, I just hated how it ended. It's a rare genre because the amount of research is huge. Your gonna run into a contradiction with kingdom building and that is the word king. You have to have a line, and old outdated views mean you get judged on the women you are with. So to be more than any man you will have more wives, hence you get harems in kingdom building.

Galen

I would suggest, 'The Legendary Mechanic.' (It evolves into Kingdom buildings)
'Advent of the Archmage.' (Evolves into Kingdom building)
'Overlord' (Specifically the Light Novel version.)

Bristlecone

My story "Reincarnated as a Nightwalker" is a kingdom builder without harem or cultivation techniques
It's interesting, you won a reader :blob_popcorn:
RTW was a great novel, I just hated how it ended. It's a rare genre because the amount of research is huge. Your gonna run into a contradiction with kingdom building and that is the word king. You have to have a line, and old outdated views mean you get judged on the women you are with. So to be more than any man you will have more wives, hence you get harems in kingdom building.
A king is just another word that means leader.
A leader who denigrates half of his people just out of lust is just an immature being who will be trampled on by a future revolution.
A true leader is someone who fights alongside all people. All the men, all the women, all the children, all the elderly, all of them.
A true kingdom building isn't about popular with some people, it is about the future.
I would suggest, 'The Legendary Mechanic.' (It evolves into Kingdom buildings)
'Advent of the Archmage.' (Evolves into Kingdom building)
'Overlord' (Specifically the Light Novel version.)
I Tried to read 'The Legendary Mechanic' once , but it was a little boring. Maybe I will give it another chance...
Isn't 'Advent of the Archmage' a harem?
In 'Overlord' the protagonist already starts as a ruler, complete with a castle and subjects. It isn't what I am looking for.

Last edited:

Jolliapplegirl

Goblin Kingdom (Fairly self-explanatory)
Pros:
- Side characters get a lot of depth and attention
- MC isn't overpowered and fights alongside his subordinates
- Actual strategy and tactics are used in battles

Cons:
- There are a lot of characters (at least a dozen with similar-sounding names), though the official translation has a glossary that helps
- It's an isekai (kinda) so if that ain't your taste then...

Bristlecone

Goblin Kingdom (Fairly self-explanatory)
Pros:
- Side characters get a lot of depth and attention
- MC isn't overpowered and fights alongside his subordinates
- Actual strategy and tactics are used in battles

Cons:
- There are a lot of characters (at least a dozen with similar-sounding names), though the official translation has a glossary that helps
- It's an isekai (kinda) so if that ain't your taste then...
I like the isekai stories, so I will read it :blobthumbsup:.

OpenGL

Magic Industry Empire ..., there's not much of territory management or kingdom building at first, but at volume 7 MC helped the princess overthrow the corrupt aristocrats who planted the prince as a puppet monarch, bought a duchy, and in a sense, build his 'empire'. And it's from scratch, he sold merchandise to gather the money to invest in this and there, and then for somehow or another have his own empire. You must be patient before the actual kingdom building though. The six volumes are interesting as well, you could see how creative the MC to recreate invention from the earth in the magical world.

Ah, sorry that one is a harem as well. Well, in fact, it was his own wife that keeps pushing women to his bed. I almost got a mental breakdown because that's too unrealistic.

If you like manhua, then I recommend Starting from Today I'll Start Working as a Castellan Lord. For somehow or another, that one got me hooked. I try to find the novel but seems that it's original and not adaptation.

Oh right, I remember one of KN, the title is I Am Monarch. Try that if you haven't read it.

Bristlecone

Starting from Today I’ll Work as a City Lord and I Am Monarch are good stories(I already read them), but I am looking for someone who puts a flag (or something like that) on an empty land and says:
“From now on this place will be called The X Kingdom!“

XKARNATION

It's interesting, you won a reader :blob_popcorn:

A leader who denigrates half of his people just out of lust is just an immature being who will be trampled on by a future revolution.
A true leader is someone who fights alongside all people. All the men, all the women, all the children, all the elderly, all of them.
A true kingdom building isn't about popular with some people, it is about the future.

I Tried to read 'The Legendary Mechanic' once , but it was a little boring. Maybe I will give it another chance...
Isn't 'Advent of the Archmage' a harem?
In 'Overlord' the protagonist already starts as a ruler, complete with a castle and subjects. It isn't what I am looking for.
Im so glad u enjoyed it! <3

OpenGL

Starting from Today I’ll Work as a City Lord and I Am Monarch are good stories(I already read them), but I am looking for someone who puts a flag (or something like that) on an empty land and says:
Try Age of Adepts or City of Sin if you haven't, they explored other realms and basically colonized the shit out of them ...

OpenGL

Both of them are harems :blob_sweat:
It's hard to find a kingdom-building without harem, the position of king itself connotate with the word harem. Go find yourself your harem-less KB, I ain't read those KB without harem.

foxes

I am a fan of such topics, and I think that such works are close to this:
Out of Space
Chrysalis

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Flashbacks to the Banquet of the Kings from Fate/Zero.

wildan1197_

Is "Starting from today i'll work as a city lord" you read manhua or what? I can't find the novel one.