A little spin from the usual isekai trope

Kakurenbo

- bullied MC gets isekai'd with the entire class(as always)
- they get summoned as heroes to defeat the soon-to-be newly revived demon king according to an oracle
- a priest proceeds to activate their magical circuits to allow them to wield skills and magic
- all classmates receive several powerful and hero-like skills
- when the bullied MC finally gets his turn, he only gets a skill called perfect memory which allows him to remember things clearly and perfectly
- gets bullied further(lol)
- but he doesn't get kicked out of the class(only to use him as an outlet for his bullies' anger)
- The skill he received, perfect memory, turns out, was more effective than he thought, after all, he also perfectly remembered every single detail about his past life as this world's demon king(he was the foretold revived demon king)
- he caused chaos in the summoning room, but he escaped shortly after as he was too weak to kill everyone(including his classmates) yet.
- he proceeds to go on a journey to rebuild the long-lost demon nation, armed with only the skill of perfect memory(he can also remember how to use all his magic in the past but doesn't have enough mana for it)

TotallyHuman

- I see no point in making him bullied. If he remembers being a demon king, surely being bullied is not too impressive for him now. If you want him to be antagonistic towards classmates, being a demon king is just good enough
- a more logical strategy would be to pretend to be weak and stick around with classmates, while sabotaging them on the sly, seeding discord and gathering intel while secretely connecting with demons rather than painting a huge target on himself and acting alone.
- If he has memories of a much longer and more impressive past life enough for him to drop everything and go on a journey to revive a nation, where does his JP kid memories come into play anyway?
- Beyond this gimmick it sounds pretty generic.

ACertainPassingUser

A perfect spin ? Can I try ?

-> A naughty kingdom do a little "Isekai summon" troll
-> Summoning troll success, a person eating bread while running to school is sumonned
-> MC got the blessings power of portal opening, activated by saying and thinking where he wants to go, can be used one a day
-> MC want to reach the trainstation and go to school
-> Portal to trainstation open
-> MC run through the portal and reach the station, while saying "tehee~"
-> Portal slowly closed
-> Kingdom fail to do naughty summon, ends up sacrifing 1K people for naught, officials get wrecked by church watchdog for forbidden summon
-> MC gets to the train, and get to school on time
-> blessings power no longer activate outside the otherworld, MC have to live normal live
- Happy end (?)

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
So, what you are saying is, everyone was perfectly justified in bullying the MC because he's fuckin' evil. The only mistake in this story is, they didn't kill him when he had the chance. If they had, then how many tens of thousands of lives could have been saved?

Yeah, not my thing. I'm not big on stories about successful villains who never learn their lesson.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
That's like changing story template A to story template C-2 and calling it innovative. Kinda like Apple does with their phones. They now are robust enough to survive falling down from table heights. It only took them 30 iterations and a few gazillions of moneyz to realize what Nokia and Samsung did in the early 90s. Freaking A30 is still indestructible...

A more interesting take of that one would be if the most popular "perfect kid" would get turned into the useless one and then proceed to remember his life as the demon lord, while slowly falling from grace with his classmates and the kingdom while trying to somehow de-escalate a conflict where nobody really was to blame. And of course, he's conflicted about it and agonizing over it because he's pretty much the only one that has the full picture, so he does everything to sabotage both sides, resulting in an even bigger tragedy before both the demons and the humans slowly realize that he was the one that escalated the conflict in the first place. His former friends and allies kill him in an attempt to finally end this war, MC gets killed by his former friends... which is basically Isekai Code Geass... Goddamnit, creativity is really dead, huh? 🤔

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
That's like changing story template A to story template C-2 and calling it innovative. Kinda like Apple does with their phones. They now are robust enough to survive falling down from table heights. It only took them 30 iterations and a few gazillions of moneyz to realize what Nokia and Samsung did in the early 90s. Freaking A30 is still indestructible...

A more interesting take of that one would be if the most popular "perfect kid" would get turned into the useless one and then proceed to remember his life as the demon lord, while slowly falling from grace with his classmates and the kingdom while trying to somehow de-escalate a conflict where nobody really was to blame. And of course, he's conflicted about it and agonizing over it because he's pretty much the only one that has the full picture, so he does everything to sabotage both sides, resulting in an even bigger tragedy before both the demons and the humans slowly realize that he was the one that escalated the conflict in the first place. His former friends and allies kill him in an attempt to finally end this war, MC gets killed by his former friends... which is basically Isekai Code Geass... Goddamnit, creativity is really dead, huh? 🤔
Please don't defile Code Geass like that.

Also, the whole "genius to trash" trope is more abused in China than a spouse in domestic abuse.

The whole "whole picture" thing is in So What I'm a Spider, by the character D, which should stand for Dick because of her dickish behaviour. Also found in most "reader becomes character in written work" trope, particularly in One Winged Riku where the male is fucking stupid fuck.

BigBadBoi

-> Summoning troll success, a person eating bread while running to school is sumonned
-> MC got the blessings power of portal opening, activated by saying and thinking where he wants to go, can be used one a day
-> Portal slowly closed
-> Kingdom fail to do naughty summon, ends up sacrifing 1K people for naught, officials get wrecked by church watchdog for forbidden summon
-> blessings power no longer activate outside the otherworld, MC have to live normal live
- Happy end (?)
We do a little bit of trolling hehe. 1k people got absolutely PRANKED lmao.

SailusGebel

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer

-> Portal slowly closed
- Happy end (?)
I need to say that the "running with bread while portal opens" part made me have a deja vu moment. It was as if I unlocked a memory that I know I never had.

>running with bread in mouth trope
>portal
>runs into king/prince and falls in love the next moment
>romcom happens
>the world is burning around them because the author wants it to desperately be a romcom but can't bring themselves to ignore the real demon lord threat.
>everyone dies
>heroine wakes up back on Earth after dying

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Dont know why the king would let the boy get bullied he is literally an asset...

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
OP's idea is similar to Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything With Low-Level Spells

Lock

-> Portal slowly closed
- Happy end (?)
This sounds like a fun oneshot idea

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Dont know why the king would let the boy get bullied he is literally an asset...
... Superiority complex is a thing.

More so when it is the king who decided to kidnap these children for weapons.

ACertainPassingUser

Revenge fetish fantasy world logic.

Maybe because the king is afraid of offending the other heroes who bully him, because the king's is powerless against them.

But for real tho, even if the useless one's job is [farmer] or [blacksmith], it's still hero level job perks tho. Hero level [Blacksmith] can build Hero level weapons and item for the army, and hero level [Farmer] can cure the land from plaque while improve the kingdom's food supply.

Just brainwash them on their weakest moment and offer them job as kingdom's workforce with wealth and luxury lifestyle, it would be a good deal.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
Revenge fetish fantasy world logic.

Maybe because the king is afraid of offending the other heroes who bully him, because the king's is powerless against them.

But for real tho, even if the useless one's job is [farmer] or [blacksmith], it's still hero level job perks tho. Hero level [Blacksmith] can build Hero level weapons and item for the army, and hero level [Farmer] can cure the land from plaque while improve the kingdom's food supply.

Just brainwash them on their weakest moment and offer them job as kingdom's workforce with wealth and luxury lifestyle, it would be a good deal.
The king can use the perfect recall to use the boy as a encrypting machine and create a secure spy organization with diferent encrypted messagers since the boy know all them without forgetting. Since the boy never forget he is mguiver all knolegde he got from earth can be recalled so for the local mages he would be a great asset too... another use would be to win him over and get him to help the king to better understand the other heroes so the king can better manipulate them... i bet the boys would easily agree to help just to fuck his bullies over.

Premier

“Evil Overlord” Isekai is super popular I dunno why this is new.