Writing Prompt A Meeting with the Author

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
Hey, been a while since I've posted a writing prompt. So here I am.

Prompt: Pick a character from your novels, any character. Write an interaction about them meeting you, the author of their story, in your preferred setting. They are 100% certain you are the author, that their world was constructed by your imagination and somehow have sufficient evidence proving so.

I believe there's threads that imagine a similar situation (couldn't bother finding them), but none that prompt a full scenario and not just a brief description.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
I actually written this before, lemme try and translate it into English to share
Update: I must have deleted it, good luck everyone else

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

This great witch is immortal and has no fixed physical form. These two facts would definitely come in handy. But they would not necessarily save me.
After all, the one completed book this great witch has, is about me.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
Author: Meets MC.
MC: Stabs Author many Many times.
Author: Ack! **Dies**
The End.

Which book, you ask?
YES.
Damn, stabbing you is ALL they'll do? You must have been very nice to them then. What they'd do to me would make the events of 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' look like a utopian paradise

ParticleOfSand

Miserable one
My main character will hold a knife to my neck and force me to write more power ups into his life, all while giving me a friendly smile and talking about negotiating.

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
I made my readers canon in the story, so I am also canon.

Canonically, I died off-screen before meeting Charlotte.

Glitched

Moth Mommy
My MC would kill and or torture me mentally on site. She's a monster and has zero respect for any human.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
Sybil: You've written me into some terrible godsdamned circumstances for pretty much my whole life
Me: Yep
Sybil: Why?
I shrug and then take a sip of my warm drink, avoiding eye contact before the meeting descends into awkward silence that I'm sure is filled with Sybil's internal monologue cussing me out. We finish our drinks, calmly push in our chairs and Sybil then throws me into the sunset using her mighty author-given strength.

Darkcrow.

Tarnished
MC: You know what?
Author: What?
MC: Fuck You that's what. Refuse to explain anything and walks away.

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
Us: heeeyyy... so this is awkward...
MC: you plan on doing WHAT with me?
Us: and we'll do it again too! We are the god of your world, which is entirely at our mercy. Beg more for our grace, and perhaps we'd be humored enough to not make your existence as awful as possible.
MC: bleep you!
Us: if you become popular, we might give you a smidge of happiness. *takes a massive hit from a weed pen* you are the vehicle through which we explore our psyche. stay mad.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Hey, been a while since I've posted a writing prompt. So here I am.

Prompt: Pick a character from your novels, any character. Write an interaction about them meeting you, the author of their story, in your preferred setting. They are 100% certain you are the author, that their world was constructed by your imagination and somehow have sufficient evidence proving so.

I believe there's threads that imagine a similar situation (couldn't bother finding them), but none that prompt a full scenario and not just a brief description.
Are you suggest that I stab myself~? Okay~

Mortrexo

This happens in almost every chapter, as I have a Q&A section, hahaha.

Here is one of them, as an example.

Author: Wow, you are ruthless, Yasenia.

Yasenia: She dared to rob one of the items made by Andrea? Heh, she would've died if I weren't so weak to take accountability for the repercussions.

Author: Well…

Andrea: *Hugs dragoness* Don't become angry for something like that, dear.

Yasenia: Sniff, sniff. Darling's hug is so nice~.

Angel: A-Author! Will we see Tatyana working on the formation in detail?

Author: Although your starry eyes and eager face are so cute that I want to hug you in a squish, we won't. The story's pacing is already quite slow to have a scene of Tatyana using formations.

Wilted Eggplant Angel: Oh…

Yasenia: Hey, how about you write it?

Author: A-A little bit, but not much.

Revived eggplant Angel: Really?

Author: J-Just a little bit.

Angel: Yay!

Evelyn: Say… Aren't you too obviously partial to her?

Author: Evelyn, don't judge me when you are squishing her in a hug and nuzzling your face with her.

Author: Anyway… I summon you!

Dante: Yo! I'm here again~.

Kali: Hahaha, hello.

Author: Well, there is no need for introductions. Ask away.

Dante: Three seniors, I've come to beseech your wisdom!

Tatyana: Oh?

Mirrory: Hm?

Valeria: What do you want to know, dear?

Dante: How many types of summons are there? What are the rarest and strongest types?

Mirrory: That's quite a difficult question to answer.

Tatyana: Hm? Aren't plant and undead summons the strongest?

Mirrory: Not in the higher realms. Other summonings can also reach extreme heights. All summons are similar since the potential is not tied to the summon per se but to the summoner.

Valeria: I'm afraid I have to disagree.

Mirrory: ?

Valeria: Plant summons have much more potential than any other summons because of their affinity with life.

Mirrory: Demonic summoners, abyssal summoners, and undead summoners can also summon creatures that can grow, gain sentience, and propagate.

Valeria: But plant summons are strong in all fields. Some plants grow even in volcanoes, the most poisonous swamps, and the deepest of oceans.

Mirrory: It doesn't matter. You are speaking about adaptability, not strength. This child's question is about combat strength.

Tatyana: Undead for the win!

Valeria: Ha? Plant summoning is better!

Tatyana: It's not~.

Valeria: Humph, I don't agree.

Dante: So cute.

Mirrory: Child.

Dante: Yes?

Mirrory: Ignore those two brats.

Dante: Only you can call them brats...

Mirrory: Focus.

Dante: Yes!

Mirrory: There are as many types of summons as there are people. Two plant creatures summoned by different people have different appearances and skills. Moreover, summoning skills can also be tied to other elements other than death and life.

Dante: Like light summons?

Mirrory: Yes.

Mirrory: Yasenia's movement technique, [Heavenly Constellation Steps], the one she is currently studying, will be a good example when she managed to unleash not only the speed but the techniques that come with it.

Dante: I see.... Wait. A movement technique has summoning skills?

Mirrory: *Spoiler* *Spoiler* *Spoiler*

Mirrory: ...

Mirrory: Why can't I say it?

Author: Because, well, it is a spoiler...

Mirrory: Whatever.

Yasenia: Mirrory, you still have to train me in energy control.

Mirrory: Don't worry, there is time. I'll train all of you eventually.

Angel: Hahaha, you are always so relaxed, Mirrory.

Mirrory: Hm? What's the point in waiting a month or a decade? It is basically the same. You are all so busy all the time. You should relax more.

The rest: …

Author: Well, time to bid farewell.

The girls: Goodbye!

Dante: Bye!

Sylver

Well shoot, let me think :blob_hmm_two: if I pick Felix, he would find it very unsettling that I have orchestrated his life in such a way. He'd likely blame me for his troubled youth as a slave. But if the other MC, KuliKuli, were there, she would remind him that they got together thanks to my complicated writing :blob_nom:

On the other hand, if it was just KuliKuli who met me, she would be very ecstatic and ask me a hundred questions about my life, where I'm from, and if we can be best friends :sweat_smile::blob_joy:

But my latest chapter just shared a tertiary characters story, and she, named Reta, would be absolutely crossed if she found me :sweating_profusely::blob_whistle_two:

2wordsperminute

MC: "What happens at the end?"
Me: "Wouldn't you rather find out for yourself?"
MC: "Good point. Don't spoil what comes next! I want to be surprised!"
Me, when MC leaves: "That was close. Wouldn't want to see his reaction to the ending."
MC's friend, menacingly: "What was that?"
Me: "Oh no..." *Screams in agony after having my face blown off*

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Me: Just to let you know now, before you even say a word, I'm sorry.

Ty: Nah, I get it. I'd apologize to the characters I write about too if they suddenly came alive.

Me: Well, you wrote them based on your own experiences. I wrote you just cause I wondered how I could write about someone who suffered as much as you.

Ty: *laughs* We've read the same shit. You think I care about getting beat up, tortured by my stalker, and fucked by a succubus who went into such a large frenzy that she broke my arm. Don't even get me started about the murders. You think I care about any of that?

Me: *stares at Ty apprehensively* You're being sarcastic, aren't you.

Ty: As sarcastic as you wrote me to be.

Me: Again, I'm sorry.

Ty: Well, aren't you gonna continue my story?

Me: Maybe.

Ty: I still have that broken arm, you know. I want to progress to the point I don't have it anymore.

Me: I'll get to it when I get to it. It's not that I don't care about your story. It's just other stories and circumstances have been occupying my mind lately.

Ty: Yeah man. Sure.

Me: ...

Ty: So, how is this gonna end?

Me: It'll end once I write this last line.

Notadate

“You like cutting wood?”

”Yeah”

”Good. Grab your axe, or well write one Into reality?”

”I ain’t god, and I think that’s not how it works… Or am I written now?”

”Good point. Well, catch! Its a spare.”

”Thanks.”

We proceed to cut wood and widdle.

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
MC: Oh,who is this beau- I mean who is this lady?
Me: Hey, I am the author of your story. Shouldn't you be grateful to me? Because I am the reason you met the FL.
MC: Then just die *stabs me* .You are the reason I am stuck with that yandere.

The end
Oh, I forgot. There is no yandere in my story.😅

MasFaqih

A girl was going back to her sect to complete the task assigned to her when suddenly a spatial crack happen in front of her eyes and she was sucked into it
The moment she wake up shewas is strange place and in front of her there was strange person
Mc:Who are You,
Me:woah are you are my character?did the experiment success?,so you want to know who iam?fine i will tell you,ive been know by many name,author,the fluffy one,etc but ive been called Fate In your world,thats right iam fate the one you despised so much,hahahah
Mc:So Its You huh the one who screw me over ,die!!
In fury she slash the person in front of her but to no avail her sword cannot reach him while feeling helpless the spatial crack appearing again and sucked her in she lose her conciousness
She woke up in the green field
Mc:what am i doing here?i seems to forgot s very important things
She tried to remember what it was while flying away to her sect