a month before our divorce

Marmalade

Kitsune-in-training
story idea: a pair of legally wedded lovers are tired of each other. but (where I live) you need 6 months before divorce is finalized. so what if it's in a world with low marriage rates and at least 1 year is needed as a buffer peorid before a couple can decide weather or not to start the divorce process?

so I might use this as the premise for a short story, is this sorta interesting or a over used trope?

Mortrexo

Do YOU find it entertaining? If so, write it. Having fun while writing is something that reflects in your writing a lot. You can create a good novel even if it uses "cliches." Just try to give a spin to the "standard" plot so that it doesn't come as too repetitive, and that's all.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I think it sounds nice. Mending a broken relationship can be hard, especially when there are no more feelings of love left between the two.

A story about them learning to forgive each other and grow through their mistakes (maybe even love each other again) sounds awesome, honestly.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Two sat at the table, each staring at one another while signing a paper both had held.

"After a year has passed...."

"The pact shall end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness...."

"" We end our relationship.""

These two people, had wed due to their family's circumstances, a year had passed yet their love didn't blossomed.

In the end, both decided that they would divorced one another. Only by a contract, would a year passed, the legal deal to which they can apply their divorce would become valid.

In a month, their relationship soured.

4 months, it became irredeemable.

The 5th, an incident happened to which their relationship blossomed.

Till the 8th, love bloom for both lovers. Sparking their dying flame of love.

On the 10th, both became inseparable to one another.

Yet on the 11th, the wife discovers the shocking truth.

On the 12th, even if the wife begged not to be separated, the divorce proceeded and they both separated from one another.

The next day, the husband died due to an incurable disease.

From the reports, the husband had contracted a disease which he can only live for a year, unable to to see his wife together. He filed a divorce and forced himself to separate from her.

In the end, the wife died on an accident. Forever reuniting with her husband.

"In fairness of health..."

"From separation to reunion..."

"In the end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness..."

"Our love will continue once again..."

"In sickness or death..."

""Together once more..."

The end.

idontknowwhoiam

Two sat at the table, each staring at one another while signing a paper both had held.

"The pact shall end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness...."

These two people, had wed due to their family's circumstances, a year had passed yet their love didn't blossomed.

In the end, both decided that they would divorced one another. Only by a contract, would a year passed, the legal deal to which they can apply their divorce would become valid.

On the 12th, even if the wife begged not to be separated, the divorce proceeded and they both separated from one another.

From the reports, the husband had contracted a disease which he can only live for a year, unable to to see his wife together. He filed a divorce and forced himself to separate from her.

"In the end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness..."

""Together once more..."

The end.
They should hire you to write Indian serials.

Marmalade

Kitsune-in-training

"The pact shall end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness...."

"In the end..."

"For me..."

"For my happiness..."

""Together once more..."

The end.
that was beautiful!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That happened to my best friend, who married a yandere. She married in my state but then moved to the yandere's home state and discovered that they had to be married as legal residents of the yandere's home state for a whole year before they could start the divorce process there, even though they were already a few months into marriage from my state. The best thing to do in such a scenario is to get your own place and live separately even if you are not legally separated yet. However, with housing costs on the rise, that is becoming increasingly difficult.