Recommendations A non-human who has a human pet

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Can u recommend a fiction where a non-human has a human as pet. Their relationship is master-pet just like human-cat or human-dog.

Edit:
No. I am not interested in the pet play that are all over the net. I am searching for a story either action or adventure about a non-human owner and their pet human. I am not looking for human suck or non-human justice. In fact, I care less about the social justice bollock that are running rampant. I want to see how these two characters' relationship will change over time as they journey through out the land as they learn about each other and open up to their cultural and racial differences.

Edit 2:
Let's say the master is an orc or a xenomorph-like creature that lived in either nomadic tribe or settlement. So this master has his own culture and perception of the world as well as other creatures. Normally human is prey or labour for them. If the human grows weak after a period of using, they butcher them for meat the same way dogs and cats are.
Our young master caught a young human (5-6 years old), and he raised the human as pet. As they grew up together, the master learnt more about the human while also teaching the human's his racial norm and language. Let's say they grow attached to each other but their relationship is still pretty much master-servant with the human following the master as his leader. Their tribe get caught in a disease, and the master-servant pair left the tribe. They would see a lot of thing and learn a lot of thing both about the master's race and the human on their journey. They would learn the point of view of both races as well as the point of view other races see human and orc. It would be interesting to see how the pair would adjust their relationship over time.

Last edited:
pretty sure I've recommend this already in one of your posts but here

Jemini

Well, the elves in my "Key to the Void" series do essentially consider humans to be pets. That said, the MC of the series is an elf who was reincarnated from having formerly been a human, so her relationship with her human "pets" is a bit different from what is considered normal for elven society, so it could be a bit different from what you're looking for.

If we want to go into theory for anyone who might want to write an interesting concept, Shadiversity once came up with an interesting idea for Centaurs to use humans as back-mounted weaponry handlers. Essentially, they are not considered riders, they are considered domesticated weapon handlers and treated by Centaur society in much the same way humans consider horses. Useful only in so much as how they are able to be trained to handle weapons and other equipment while riding the Centaur in order to increase the Centaur's combat effectiveness.

(Considering that my series places humans pretty low in the social hierarchy in their world, and Centaurs should also exist in my world, I very well might include something like this in a theoretical far-future chapter.)

forli

When it's a sapient being it's called a slave, not a pet.

I really hate the double standards that are always present when it comes to humans and every other race in fantasy. If there's a story about a world where humans look down on some other race and treat them as pets, it's always treated by both the author and the readers as an intolerable injustice, and there will be an expectation that fixing it will be at least part of the focus of the story. But when you reverse it and put the humans at the bottom it's treated as normal "Oh, so that's how this world is like".

And please, don't pretend that something like this would be 'original'. The various flavors of 'humans suck' are OVERWHELMINGLY the most common way that humans are portrayed in fantasy webnovels. For a while now I've been holding myself back from writing a rant in these forums about this topic that would most likely be thousands of words long because this has honestly become my most hated trope in all of fiction.

TotallyHuman

I really hate the double standards that are always present when it comes to humans and every other race in fantasy. If there's a story about a world where humans look down on some other race and treat them as pets, it's always treated by both the author and the readers as an intolerable injustice, and there will be an expectation that fixing it will be at least part of the focus of the story. But when you reverse it and put the humans at the bottom it's treated as normal "Oh, so that's how this world is like".

And please, don't pretend that something like this would be 'original'. The various flavors of 'humans suck' are OVERWHELMINGLY the most common way that humans are portrayed in fantasy webnovels. For a while now I've been holding myself back from writing a rant in these forums about this topic that would most likely be thousands of words long because this has honestly become my most hated trope in all of fiction.
1a6.png

BigHoodieBoy

I don't even know why I bother trying to have an honest discussion...
See, you shouldn’t, just do what the anti-vaxxers do and make up shit to ‘win’ the argument. I mean, sure, you lose all respect, dignity, and a positive self image, but hey, you’ll win an Internet argument, so it’s worth it, right??

forli

See, you shouldn’t, just do what the anti-vaxxers do and make up shit to ‘win’ the argument. I mean, sure, you lose all respect, dignity, and a positive self image, but hey, you’ll win an Internet argument, so it’s worth it, right??
What are you even talking about?

No, seriously, I'm genuinely confused, why are you talking about anti-vaxxers in response to me saying that there's a trope I don't like?

BigHoodieBoy

What are you even talking about?

No, seriously, I'm genuinely confused, why are you talking about anti-vaxxers in response to me saying that there's a trope I don't like?
You said honest, I was saying opposite of honest=made up, made up discussion=anti vaxxers, basically, I failed at making a ok-ish joke that would make about 25% of people only slightly smile

You said honest, I was saying opposite of honest=made up, made up discussion=anti vaxxers, basically, I failed at making a ok-ish joke that would make about 25% of people only slightly smile
the vaccine is a lie. (((they))) are trying to turn the whole world sterile. stay vigilant and don't get poked

AliceHiess

Can u recommend a fiction where a non-human has a human as pet. Their relationship is master-pet just like human-cat or human-dog.
Before I suggest some questions,
  • which pov do you want, master, pet or both, are you okay with sexual stuff, and how sexual can it get.
    Are you looking for pet play specifically or compassionate slavery, does it have to be consensual ie pet play bdsm or can it be forced.
  • Does it have to be animal pet play or are you just looking for the dynamic that a pet owner has with their pet
  • Do you want there to be some sort of dependence involved like with an actual pet or do you want it to just be the master treating the pet as an animal.
  • what genders do you want the characters to be
  • Are there any genre you are against
  • Should the master care about the pet
Add the answers to these questions in the OP answering these will help people give a more detailed answer

Chill dude it just a book don’t get all hung up on it. Also you seem to be forgetting that there’s a difference between human pet and human slave, pet implies that there’s some sort of actual compassion and care involved unlike slave.

I don't even know why I bother trying to have an honest discussion...
Coulda fooled me sounded more like a rant than a discussion starter and if you want to have an actual debate about this don’t hijack someone else’s thread. There’s a discussion form for a reason. Go there and press that big “new thread” button instead of trying to derail a thread asking for recommendations.
I got the joke but thought it was a bad one. Anti vaxxers are seriously harming people this dudes just kink-shaming.
This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Basically superpowered alien plants take over the human controlled sections of space and they see all other races as children running with a knife in the middle of a highway during rush hour. They irradicate capitalism, get rid of weapons, and make everything free, for the betterment of their “wards”. If they consider people a danger to themselves without active “care” then they forcibly “domesticate” them otherwise people can volunteer. Most stories are about the protagonist bonding with one and eventually volunteer to become a pet giving up their rights in exchange for garunteed safety protection and care. Being masters of pharmaceuticoligy they often use “medicine” to help their wards “relax”. Protagonists are often trans and usually have various physical or mental health issues snd there is a LOT of drug use so if that’s a trigger for you it might be best to avoid reading. It does tend to be handled in a mature way thankfully.
that’s my long winded overview of the lore.
Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

CheertheDead

Before I suggest some questions,
  • which pov do you want, master, pet or both, are you okay with sexual stuff, and how sexual can it get.
    Are you looking for pet play specifically or compassionate slavery, does it have to be consensual ie pet play bdsm or can it be forced.
  • Does it have to be animal pet play or are you just looking for the dynamic that a pet owner has with their pet
  • Do you want there to be some sort of dependence involved like with an actual pet or do you want it to just be the master treating the pet as an animal.
  • what genders do you want the characters to be
  • Are there any genre you are against
  • Should the master care about the pet
Add the answers to these questions in the OP answering these will help people give a more detailed answer
No. I am not interested in the pet play that are all over the net. I am searching for a story either action or adventure about a non-human owner and their pet human. I am not looking for human suck or non-human justice. In fact, I care less about the social justice bollock that are running rampant. I want to see how these two characters' relationship will change over time as they journey through out the land as they learn about each other and open up to their cultural and racial differences.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger

Because the people who spend their time on and about webnovels usually didn't end up that way because they like their fellow real life humans.

So you're in a similar spot as @Deeprotsorcerer and his crusade against insecurity compensation: Different people draw different things from literature

Jemini

Think you should seriously give my series a try if these are your complaints.

1. My positioning of humans as being low in the social higherarchy was done as an express statement of forcing the reader to view themselves in the human's position. Since, you know, we're all humans and thus we would identify with the downtrodden humans in the story.

Most writers write humans as "the white man" in the "white man evil" narrative. (Which is complete BS, by the way.)

I wrote my humans as the oppressed group you are supposed to be identifying with. Because, literally, just as you've pointed out. ALMOST NO ONE FREAKING DOES THAT!

2. My justifications for why they're regarded as pets rather than slaves is well justified in lore. It is based upon the germanic elven lore in which elves frequently kidnap human children, and then raise them in the elven cities where they are doted on and pampered by the kidnapper and the kidnapper's children.

This seems like a bizarre and contradictory set of behaviors. One which is hard to approach with normal logic. So, I applied fantasy reasoning and made up a supernatural reason this is done.

In my world, an ambiant energy that humans have around them is an actual food-source for the elves. Therefore, they like to kidnap humans and then treat them well. At the same time, all they need the human for is to act as a food source. Therefore, they will infantilize the human. This lowers the human to the position of a pet, despite being a sapient being.

It is highly reasoned out, the route I took to have humans being treated as pets in my world.

AliceHiess

Can you define exactly what you mean by pet human there’s a lot of different ways to handle the subject matter and everyone treats their pets differently. Are you looking for a specific power dynamic or some sort of dependency, are you looking for something where the master dotes on their pet?

CheertheDead

Can you define exactly what you mean by pet human there’s a lot of different ways to handle the subject matter and everyone treats their pets differently. Are you looking for a specific power dynamic or some sort of dependency, are you looking for something where the master dotes on their pet?
Let's say the master is an orc or a xenomorph-like creature that lived in either nomadic tribe or settlement. So this master has his own culture and perception of the world as well as other creatures. Normally human is prey or labour for them. If the human grows weak after a period of using, they butcher them for meat the same way dogs and cats are.
Our young master caught a young human (5-6 years old), and he raised the human as pet. As they grew up together, the master learnt more about the human while also teaching the human's his racial norm and language. Let's say they grow attached to each other but their relationship is still pretty much master-servant with the human following the master as his leader. Their tribe get caught in a disease, and the master-servant pair left the tribe. They would see a lot of thing and learn a lot of thing both about the master's race and the human on their journey. They would learn the point of view of both races as well as the point of view other races see human and orc. It would be interesting to see how the pair would adjust their relationship over time.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Because the people who spend their time on and about webnovels usually didn't end up that way because they like their fellow real life humans.

So you're in a similar spot as @Deeprotsorcerer and his crusade against insecurity compensation: Different people draw different things from literature
I've been summoned! :ROFLMAO:

Insecurity compensation would honestly be a good definition for what I rail on and on about now that I think about it. It isn't the content of people's work that bugs me, it's that risque themes are often presented dishonestly or coupled with narrative support for a worldview that has nothing to do with the novel. If your story is about a wandering blob swordsman traveling across the continent, I'll groan if you put the effort in to create a pseudo-[insert author's most hated country here], dumb down all of its citizens and produce a thinly veiled attack on their culture in general then suddenly return to the normal paces of the novel after you leave. I mean, at least have the courage to say what you feel outright.

You'll be a butt for doing so, sure, but I'm more annoyed that you disrupted the flow of your work to tell us how we should hate [insert author's most hated country here]. The rational part of me wants to laugh at the idea of someone basing their opinions of an entire race/nationality on the fiction or other media they consume, but then again, I've had several Asian exchange students gawk at me being accepted to uni by academic merit rather than a sports scholarship (I don't know why, I'm 5"4 and my lungs don't freaking work).

With themes of slavery specifically, I'm kind of meh. Power dynamics are fun to play with, there's a reason why the petplay kink exists. However, when a protagonist from our earth or from a culture that views slavery as morally objectionable participates in it with the justification that they're uniquely qualified to do so and still be in the right about it, I expect the mental gymnastics to be part of the narrative (this is honestly an interesting plot point, and WAS used to justify real life chattel slavery) rather than an author handwave. Excepting extreme circumstances, you don't just betray your ethics like that and move on like a normal dude unless you never had such ethics in the first place, which would, again, need to be stated beforehand or expanded on to make any kind of sense.

Yes.

This is from both the perspective of the enslaved and any members of the dominant species who sees the slaves as sapient beings rather than pets. There is actually a degree of wiggle room to justify referring to slaves as pets with "oh, so that's how this world is like," but that involves a hell of a lot more narrative work than most writers here are willing or able to pull off (PM me your story if you think you're the exception, I'd love to read you), and that puts many people off of slavery being in a novel at all.

The Pendragon, and surprising, the Star Control (the Arilou to less evolved species rather than the Ur-Quan) series actually have halfway decent portrayals that both engage with the fantasy and at least acknowledge the morality of such a social structure. Final Fantasy XIV kinda does the same with how
the Ascians regard the sapient beings of the shards and the source

Last edited:

AliceHiess

Good answer add that to the OP I can’t really help you with that sadly but good luck.