A quote a day (Heart of darkness)

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
The first two sentences are a jab at the military, it implies how military men are just murderers, but they are celebrated as conquerors and heroes. Cynically, it implies that the only difference is the amount they killed. It's not a quote invented by heart of darkness, but a much older one, perhaps as old as humanity.

What heart of darkness added was the third sentence, about kill everyone and becoming a god. You can interpret it however you want, but in the context of heart of darkness it implied insanity of men such as Kurtz who thought themselves above regular mortals.

Personally, I like to think only a God can kill literally everyone.
No, I do understand it, I just don't get it.

The cynicism is so blackhearted it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I am tired of doomer stuff.

Why not say something positive for once.

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
Thats like a re hashed version of
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche
Kinda but mine's came from a short story I actually read before and I just forgot. I got some memory problems after all.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
No, I do understand it, I just don't get it.

The cynicism is so blackhearted it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I am tired of doomer stuff.

Why not say something positive for once.

It's cynical, perhaps reductionist, but not black-hearted. It comes from the idea that all war is evil, and all soldiers are murderers, whether they justify it by being "ordered" to or some other way.

Ghost_of_The_Fallen

The first two sentences are a jab at the military, it implies how military men are just murderers, but they are celebrated as conquerors and heroes. Cynically, it implies that the only difference is the amount they killed. It's not a quote invented by heart of darkness, but a much older one, perhaps as old as humanity.

What heart of darkness added was the third sentence, about kill everyone and becoming a god. You can interpret it however you want, but in the context of heart of darkness it implied insanity of men such as Kurtz who thought themselves above regular mortals.

Personally, I like to think only a God can kill literally everyone.
Perfect insight ☺