A story Idea I had in mind for months

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
So, I was just reading some novels when suddenly I discovered a part in that novel about self hypnotism and he made himself an opposite personality who he couldn't erase and voilà, I was tempted to create something similar.

The Mc is timid or such who wants to make friends but she can't so she does self hypnotism and gest an easy going personality then new personality wants to also change and become cool so she hypnotize herself too then another personality was born which was badass and cool. Mc can no longer know what the other personalities would do but she can get out at any time she wants.

Things were going well, I began to make characters, a summary of the plot and how it should progress that is...I'm unable to go with the flow upon writing. I'm really in a need of help, what should I do? I've modified the plot countless of times to allow me to write it as nicely as I could but I suddenly think, this feels no good, I could only put it in the cabinet, trying to cultivate myself with writing once again, by the problem doesn't only stops there, it begins growing...

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Carlo.jpg

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
The "why" you want to write is also important. What is the thing you want to explore? What is your goal? The heart and the Voice of what you want to write. It can be something as simple as "What if some farmboy was tapped on the shoulder and told 'excuse me, but you're going to save the world.' (an approximation of the thought Robert Jordan had before writing The Wheel of Time) to exploring complex philosophical issues.

If you have good grasp on The Voice of the thing you're writing about. You have a good direction to go.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The "why" you want to write is also important. What is the thing you want to explore? What is your goal? The heart and the Voice of what you want to write. It can be something as simple as "What if some farmboy was tapped on the shoulder and told 'excuse me, but you're going to save the world.' (an approximation of the thought Robert Jordan had before writing The Wheel of Time) to exploring complex philosophical issues.

If you have good grasp on The Voice of the thing you're writing about. You have a good direction to go.
Personally, I write to make the world a more accepting place and to help people like me accept themselves.

Bronzeapollo

Reminds me of an old story I scrapped where whenever the character slept he forgot everything. He knew of his illness but never found a way to fix it. He would push off sleep and then leave because he didn't want to face people after having forgotten all of them. Eventually, the story started with a character following him every step of the despite him always forgetting her. This is a similar thing but instead, a just comparison would be, the character having a new personality after every sleep.

I always lean towards romance because I find it heavily character motivated but everyone is different. So my suggestion for getting more out of the story is to first find what is that you want to tell the world. Which going off you stating you constantly changed the plot is that is what you are missing.

I personally would use the story to tell the journey of someone not being safe in their own choice, constantly regretting everything so she becomes who she idealized as perfect. Literally, start telling the story from the person they want to be now. Then have that person dream of being someone different and keep moving down the rabbit hole through all the stereotypical lives until you make it full circle back to the original personality type. Use the story to tell how everyone seeks to be someone else. Each character first gets a single chapter to introduce them. Using the novel to tell the story of that every person is missing something in their lives that they want. But since all these characters are the same person maybe have someone love your character despite their drastic changes. Or have a different person for each of the personalities. The possibilities are vast hopefully this was useful in some form.