A true anti-hero protagonist

beast_regards

So, are we supposed to suggest the novels here, or just the professionally published?

For anime you usually get stuff like Black Lagoon or Berzerk

How the heroine look like in novel
I see the selling point.

Tsuru

Robot
So, are we supposed to suggest the novels here, or just the professionally published?

For anime you usually get stuff like Black Lagoon or Berzerk

I see the selling point.
Correct

also btw, in similar way
Doupo Cangqiong = BTTH

beside the ultra famous sentence "30y of hiexi, 30 of yedong, dont bully the poor and young" that probably now all young chineses know
the big redeeming point is that the FL being pretty and kind

Battle Through the Heavens - Novel Updates

tch, sadly "History strongest husband" didnt get manhua adaptation like Doupo/Battle through the heavens
Probably bc of censoring problems. Especially cutting balls or using STDs or raping princess.
Kinda like Mushoku is the grandpa (not creator) series of isekai but only recently had anime because of "loli" and "parents sex scene"

SailusGebel

Each time I see this thread I can't stop myself from spamming that button.

fantasyretreat

The term "anti-hero" is used on individuals who are willing to stoop as low as villains (be it murder, deceit and such) as long as it is lead by a good motives and goals.
I guess you can say my MC is anti-hero. But my story is just starting, so it is yet to be seen. I should add the tag though, might even help put more eyes on it (now which tag should I remove?)...

You can still check out my story to see if it suits you. My MC is a trouble maker, he's not chaotic, well not chaotic without purpose and reason.

Bukashti

Give your opinion on this one :blob_evil:

Nubychuriz

This sounds like a villian to me. Although I guess anti-hero could be seen as a type of villian, so thats makes perfect sense.

Although its not on this site, something like "I became the villian the hero is obsessed with" might be what you're looking for, if you haven't read that one already.
It's lighthearted, and loosely matches the description you posted. Except its portrays the MC's actions along the lines of "doing good while pretending to be evil" rather than "doing evil under the pretext of good".
Wait people read that? I thought I was like the only person who read that novel it is very good and definitely what I was looking for though it's a once in a blue moon existence

laccoff_mawning

Wait people read that? I thought I was like the only person who read that novel it is very good and definitely what I was looking for though it's a once in a blue moon existence
I think its probably pretty well-known by now, tbh.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
I typically don't like recommending my work in these, but you can give my Grandmaster of Theft series a try if you want a genuine anti-hero instead of a villain protagonist, by your definition.

She's a phantom thief, so she breaks the law and manipulates situations all the time, but she only does it for the sake of helping others in situations where following the rules wouldn't help them. She has a code and is careful about crossing lines too, though she is willing with some and tempted.

Hell, the perfect example of her being an anti-hero comes across in something I released in Book 2 this week:

“So, is it finally happening?” Rebecca asked. “Are we going after Andrea at last?”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We can’t assume Andrea’s guilt without sufficient evidence.”

“Come on, it’s Andrea! You know she’s capable of anything.”

“It’s not a matter of capability, but culpability. We’re already playing a dangerous game by taking the law into our own hands. We must be mindful of our actions.”

Rebecca’s glare was a well-aimed dart, straight and piercing. “You can ease up on the noble thief stuff. Your grandpa’s not even here to hear you preach.”

Cassidy’s teeth ground together as the storm behind Rebecca’s eyes whittled her patience. I mustn’t let this affect me, she thought. Becca wasn’t in the right state of mind. It was her pain talking. Thus, she had to be the ice to Rebecca’s fire.

“What happens if we wrongly harm Andrea?” Cassidy asked, her voice as cool as the surface of a marble statue. “What separates us from the villains if we act with the same lack of restraint?”

And there's an entire completed book for you if you want to judge for yourself and have one complete experience.

Last edited: