About signing a contract

Fallen_Pages

Hi guys, I got an offer today from Webnovel, but I haven't heard a lot of good things about being contracted (not firsthand, though). Also, I read that having a Patreon and whatnot is better.

But the contract gets you visibility, it seems...

What do you all think? Do you have a contract with them? Is it a good or bad experience?

Cheers

Fallen_Pages

I found a similar thread; I'm reading that. I am sorry for posting an old and repeated question, haha.

I think I will read the contract at least; I don't care about the 200 dollars; I can't possibly write and translate 1500 words daily with my work and everything.

Also, I don't think my novel is such a great masterpiece that I would miss it if they stole it, but yeah, if there is something like that in the contract, I would think about it twice.

SailusGebel

I found a similar thread; I'm reading that. I am sorry for posting an old and repeated question, haha.

I think I will read the contract at least; I don't care about the 200 dollars; I can't possibly write and translate 1500 words daily with my work and everything.

Also, I don't think my novel is such a great masterpiece that I would miss it if they stole it, but yeah, if there is something like that in the contract, I would think about it twice.
No offence here. WN offer contracts to pretty much everyone once you reach a certain level of popularity. Happened to me as well even though at the time I had a lot less views.

LORD_SHAXX

Don't be afraid about asking again the same question. Rather this question gets asked a million times in here than someone actually sign that POS contract

Fallen_Pages

Haha, thank you all for your replies! I did send an email asking some questions, but I probably won't even receive an answer.

Cheers

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I know someone who did sign the contract.

They didn't care for the story (did what was popular to get more views and consequently more money). It was a legal contract and they did get money. Cue is whether you need that money and if you can write as much as they expect you to.

It's hard work. If you can write a story that purely cathers to the audience, working as a ghostwriter would probably the better option.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Hi guys, I got an offer today from Webnovel, but I haven't heard a lot of good things about being contracted (not firsthand, though). Also, I read that having a Patreon and whatnot is better.

But the contract gets you visibility, it seems...

What do you all think? Do you have a contract with them? Is it a good or bad experience?

Cheers
I've got offered a contract too. It really depend on you and how valuable the $ is in your country. If you don't mind losing the right of your story and writing 1 500 words each day for minimum 200$ then sign it, otherwise don't sign it. You can even ask for a non-exclusive contract (That what I'm currently asking for) the change will be that you don't get 50% on what your story paid but 30% and you still own the right on your story + you can publish where you want.

Fallen_Pages

I've got offered a contract too. It really depend on you and how valuable the $ is in your country. If you don't mind losing the right of your story and writing 1 500 words each day for minimum 200$ then sign it, otherwise don't sign it. You can even ask for a non-exclusive contract (That what I'm currently asking for) the change will be that you don't get 50% on what your story paid but 30% and you still own the right on your story + you can publish where you want.
That would be great if possible, I asked if something like that was possible in a mail I sent. Let's see If I get an answer, if not, that was that. Good luck as well!

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
That would be great if possible, I asked if something like that was possible in a mail I sent. Let's see If I get an answer, if not, that was that. Good luck as well!
I asked and it's possible but you have to ask by yourself to get it.

HungrySheep

I like yuri
Don't contract unless you're writing a dual cultivation smut novel. You need to be within top 10 to even get out of MGS and the MGS isn't worth being saddled with a contract. If it was $2k/mo then you could consider it.

LORD_SHAXX

If you don’t think it’s an important work, sign it, then start writing incest and scat into it when you’re ready to abandon it. So when someone else takes over it’ll be fun to see what they do.
That's evil. I LOVE IT