Accept more languages, please.

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
So, I write in German because I really want to get it to B2 level. My stories are edited thoroughly, and I get no complaints. But Scribble Hub allows only English novels. It would have been nice if more languages were allowed. I think it would make Scribble Hub into an invaluable language learning resource. How come only English novels are accepted? Can someone tell me? If it can't be done, that is ok. But it will be very nice.
Happy writing, everyone!

Jet

Why would you write a novel in a language that you aren't fluent in...

Temple

Probably moderation reasons. Can't police what admin can't read. Google translate won't be reliable. Getting a German mod or something won't work for the same reason that the admin still can't understand what the German mod would be doing.
I think it would make Scribble Hub into an invaluable language learning resource.
SH is smut hub, though. Language learning is probably the last thing that will happen here.
But learning languages is good. I should probably learn some other than those in my country + English.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Not everyone on this site is native English speaker. I’d cringe if I were to write in my native language.

To the thread question: with multiple languages, you’d need staff proficient in that language to moderate. This manpower is just not available.

doravg

Because I can edit it in ChatGPT and then get free material to read out loud for my pronunciation practice. And that way you can learn more words easier, than with Anki decks, or Memrise. It is simply more fun. If you don't push your limits, you will never grow. Thank you all for the answers. It was just a suggestion. I am still grateful I can place links to my German stories in my signature.

J_Chemist

Gives you some repetitions on writing in the foreign language. By checking your work (grammar, spelling, word usage, etc), you can actually get better at the language. Same with how we learn to read and write as youngins.

As for the thread: No.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Surely there are already writing sites in the same vein as Scribble Hub for German authors?

doravg

Surely there are already writing sites in the same vein as Scribble Hub for German authors?
I use DeviantArt and AO3, but I miss posting things on SH.

moderation issues. can't moderate what you can't understand.

also have you tried translating novels as a means of learning? i've been meaning to do that at some point

doravg

moderation issues. can't moderate what you can't understand.

also have you tried translating novels as a means of learning? i've been meaning to do that at some point
It is more fun to write them from scratch, than to translate them.

Jet

Not everyone on this site is native English speaker. I’d cringe if I were to write in my native language.
...I never claimed to be a native speaker.
No idea why you'd cringe. Personally, I consider my native language superior in pretty much any regard. The reason I started writing in English was that not only is my novel set in England, it explores a specific topic in a specific time period. I just don't see it giving off the same vibe in a different language. And even so, I wouldn't do that if I didn't deem myself proficient...

That said, this is all quite confusing to me. The way I see it, the art is created for the purpose of enlightenment. Writing in a language you aren't fluent in is rather mind-blowing in that regard. It's like shooting yourself in a leg, as you can be neither artistic or candid in delivering your message... I think? I've never used those ai things yet, gpt is actually blocked in my country lol. Anyway, puzzled is what I am.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I just don't see it giving off the same vibe in a different language.
Me trying to write my story in my native language
And even so, I wouldn't do that if I didn't deem myself proficient...
I wasn't good in English when I started. Writing in english improved my skills faster than 9 years school did. Writing in english is a more enjoyable learning experience than opening a book after work.
Writing in a language you aren't fluent in is rather mind-blowing in that regard. It's like shooting yourself in a leg, as you can be neither artistic or candid in delivering your message... I think?
It's not the result that counts, but the satisfaction it brings you to have created something.

Also, why not? Challenging yourself is a good thing.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
So, I write in German because I really want to get it to B2 level. My stories are edited thoroughly, and I get no complaints. But Scribble Hub allows only English novels. It would have been nice if more languages were allowed. I think it would make Scribble Hub into an invaluable language learning resource. How come only English novels are accepted? Can someone tell me? If it can't be done, that is ok. But it will be very nice.
Happy writing, everyone!
adding subdomains for this purpose and assigning those-language-speaking staff would be a good idea.

https://jp.scribblehub.com (a much more modern syosetu)

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice