add audio file

phaeous

The Semanticist
if people could upload audio files in a SH moodsetting database (pending approval), then writers could have some Good, Bad, & Ugly bgm
ondemand

like, imagine reading a fight scene after pressing play on an audiobar
PS do you gyes know a software that can condense audiofiles from a YT video?​

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Are you referring to mobile users?

Imo all problems would be solved if SH has embedded YT videos, but google is trying to make money with YT premium, so that is unlikely to be a feature.
Ah, I don't have any mobile devices. So yeah, this isn't anything to do with me. Or I guess it means something for my readers, though...

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Making a Audio library is too much of a hassle because of copyright issues.

Even though YT audio library promises to have license free music, I got copyright strike when I uploaded a short video on IG with bgm I got from there. Also I doubt it will be useful. Finding matching bgm is very hard.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
Don't add it unless RoyalRoad or Wattpad has done it. If SH is the testing ground for audio files, not to be rude, but our community is just going to make it weird by adding sex noises to all of their smut scenes, which is basically their entire books.

No, no, no. I've read tons of books where the author asked readers to look up a specific Youtube link for a mood to cover the chapter, and that is good enough.

phaeous

The Semanticist
Naruhodo...

But if people could just upload a file, have it approved, & use it (or even no approval necessary so SH can claim "not my fault!") then that creates stability?

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
Sounds like a way to drain my limited phone data, being attacked by people's bad taste in music when I'm just trying to read.:blob_catflip:

Also the stuff mentioned by others about copyright and sex noises.:blobrofl:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Naruhodo...

But if people could just upload a file, have it approved, & use it (or even no approval necessary so SH can claim "not my fault!") then that creates stability?
Bruh, SH is owned by one person, who does the maintentance, programming, and server management (as in he pays for it).

Do you really think a simple "I do not check what shit people are uploading" will protect Tony from DMCA claims? Bots only need seconds to recognize a title and their respective copyright owners.

Not to mention the need for several data servers to upload audio files.

You're basically asking for a mini version of youtube for a site that is for reading webnovels. Too much manpower is needed for this!

phaeous

The Semanticist
Bruh, SH is owned by one person, who does the maintentance, programming, and server management (as in he pays for it).

Do you really think a simple "I do not check what shit people are uploading" will protect Tony from DMCA claims? Bots only need seconds to recognize a title and their respective copyright owners.

Not to mention the need for several data servers to upload audio files.

You're basically asking for a mini version of youtube for a site that is for reading webnovels. Too much manpower is needed for this!
Ah, then SH could scruberase the filename

& $3m should be enough

VictorDLopez

I provide links to my podcasts for chapter readings from my novel and short stories where appropriate. Youtube links are also an option.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
if people could upload audio files in a SH moodsetting database (pending approval), then writers could have some Good, Bad, & Ugly bgm
ondemand

like, imagine reading a fight scene after pressing play on an audiobar
PS do you gyes know a software that can condense audiofiles from a YT video?​
Why is this down voted this is a great idea. As long as it’s not overused. Like only for your best chapters when the climax is happening

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Why is this down voted this is a great idea. As long as it’s not overused. Like only for your best chapters when the climax is happening
The idea is terrible. It's asking SH to become a music database like Spotify or whatever. If you want to have readers hear a certain song or something, you can ALREADY link a YT video or other link.

This feature would take a lot of effort and money to implement, and it wouldn't add anything that isn't already present except trouble. That's why it has so many down votes.