add audio file

phaeous

The Semanticist
if people could upload audio files in a SH moodsetting database (pending approval), then writers could have some Good, Bad, & Ugly bgm
ondemand

like, imagine reading a fight scene after pressing play on an audiobar
PS do you gyes know a software that can condense audiofiles from a YT video?​

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
The idea is terrible. It's asking SH to become a music database like Spotify or whatever. If you want to have readers hear a certain song or something, you can ALREADY link a YT video or other link.

This feature would take a lot of effort and money to implement, and it wouldn't add anything that isn't already present except trouble. That's why it has so many down votes.
Check out “The Boxer” on webtoon it did it really well imo I was thinking it be like that. And it can be heavily restricted so not much trouble set up some rules and have bots moderate it.
Also why not be ambitious this might make the sight more popular. Getting more revenue

edit: it can be accessed to only the top 10 novels of the genre. And it has to be strictly music with no words.
Just ideas

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Check out “The Boxer” on webcomics it did it really well imo I was thinking it be like that. And it can be heavily restricted so not much trouble set up some rules and have bots moderate it.
Also why not be ambitious this might make the sight more popular. Getting more revenue
You misunderstand. You can already put music in your story. This thread is not what you think it is. There is no benefit here.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
You misunderstand. You can already put music in your story. This thread is not what you think it is. There is no benefit here.
No I understand what phaeous meant. No link just scroll while music plays. It’s like a surprise it lets you know shit is about to happen. Although idk if it would work well with novel

phaeous

The Semanticist
No I understand what phaeous meant. No link just scroll while music plays. It’s like a surprise it lets you know shit is about to happen. Although idk if it would work well with novel
Rather than a music database or something, just a feature that lets you stack a plain audio file would be nice. But the problem is that uploading audiofiles is a bit strange nowadays, since creators have crazily petitioned their influence to reject the proliferation of unpaidfor work they've done (maybe if patreon or some such easy-deliverance paying method had been available things would be different). I am not in favor of youtube videos being permitted, or a spotify player with abundant nauseous ads ruining the mood, but maybe soundcloud would work? Though they tightly restrict 'intellectual property' from appearing there, things like rainstorms or forest sounds and moodmusic are not bad.

PS isn't all property made via an intellectual investment & development? I believe that causality will always let you reap whatevers your sowing— so stopping man from enjoying your achievements unless they pay immediately somehow is a bit counterintuitive.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
Rather than a music database or something, just a feature that lets you stack a plain audio file would be nice. But the problem is that uploading audiofiles is a bit strange nowadays, since creators have crazily petitioned their influence to reject the proliferation of unpaidfor work they've done (maybe if patreon or some such easy-deliverance paying method had been available things would be different). I am not in favor of youtube videos being permitted, or a spotify player with abundant nauseous ads ruining the mood, but maybe soundcloud would work? Though they tightly restrict 'intellectual property' from appearing there, things like rainstorms or forest sounds and moodmusic are not bad.

PS isn't all property made via an intellectual investment & development? I believe that causality will always let you reap whatevers your sowing— so stopping man from enjoying your achievements unless they pay immediately somehow is a bit counterintuitive.
You said a lot and not really feeling like deciphering what you really mean but we have a common goal so yes, yes indeed.

RinDes

On Wattpad, whenever a chapter has a music track attached it, I never listen to it. Especially not if the song has lyrics, or is a genre that does not appeal to me (which there are many). A recommendation from the author could be given to readers beforehand, but not included in their story.

And in some cases, music might render a story unreadable: I beta read a handful of short stories, many with a specific track to listen to while reading... the result? Several of them I couldn't give a proper opinion, solely because of the music style that was supposed to complement and enhance the experience.

It can be distracting to some, and others might prefer choosing their own ambience music while reading. It's a personal choice, and somewhat of an unnecessary addition to a story.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Check out “The Boxer” on webtoon it did it really well imo I was thinking it be like that. And it can be heavily restricted so not much trouble set up some rules and have bots moderate it.

edit: it can be accessed to only the top 10 novels of the genre. And it has to be strictly music with no words.
Just ideas
Webtoon is the official publisher and the tracks they insert are especially produced for the webcomic. They own the copyright. They paid to have custom music. Those stories that have music in-chapter are all their commercial moneytrees aka pay to read with coins. They do not make money with revenue.

Writers here don't even want to pay for a stock image, not to mention commission OST. How many people would actually use that music function?

Better use that time to write another chapter.