Add dumb protagonist tag, or shounen-style protagonist tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailusGebel

Elaborate on why we need those tags. Provide 10 or more examples of novels that should use each tag, explain the difference if there are similar tags, and give at least rough definitions for those tags. And don't forget that arguing with me won't lead you to anything. You need to persuade Tony(site owner and mod), since he is the one who makes the decision. And from what I've seen, Tony prefers it when you respectfully, but most importantly, thoroughly explain why you need a feature or a tag.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
You should remove "shounen-style protagonist" cause it mean nothing at all since they are all different, if you only read about dumb shonen protagonist, maybe you should try to question yourself about your reading list.

For the dumb protagonist, I'm good with it since it exist tag like cunning protagonist, cute, curious, dead (yes there are dead protagonist tag), etc....

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
There are some differences at this point, but the majority are the set imported from NU.

Tsuru

Title says it all, I personally get bored reading about dumb protagonists.
Funny fact

Reason so many good CN (chinese novels) appear nowadays (if you know where to search in raw websites)

is because the young chinese readers that grew up reading "dumb protags" (or dense harem protag animes)
were tired of the trope, and now they grew up, write themselves.

Edit : Misleading words. I meant : They do it themselves. The job of writing good novels. TLDR : like indie game creators

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Title says it all, I personally get bored reading about dumb protagonists.
I really like this idea. It's... unlikely this will ever get chosen by the author unless it's a comedy or the author is surprisingly self-aware, unlike their character.
But it would be nice if the stories could just get, like, magically assigned them.
Please, my good sir, SH, Puppet Inc. implores you to explore this venture. It would at least be funny to comment below stories that really deserve that tag and recommend that tag to them knowing that it actually exists.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
I really like this idea. It's... unlikely this will ever get chosen by the author unless it's a comedy or the author is surprisingly self-aware, unlike their character.
But it would be nice if the stories could just get, like, magically assigned them.
Please, my good sir, SH, Puppet Inc. implores you to explore this venture. It would at least be funny to comment below stories that really deserve that tag and recommend that tag to them knowing that it actually exists.
If SH was like NU, where readers were the ones to assign tags to novels, we would see so much better tagging... (or not! we would see so many tag wars.)

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Anyway, I noticed that there is already a similar tag, which is "Dense Protagonist."
Oh... that's practically the same, isn't it? Oh well. This thread is useless.
A Dense protagonist is when the Protagonist is unable to read the mood. They fail to see when people like them, when they walk in a bank robbery, the tension is inexistent. Other's people feeling are things they do not understand. A dumb protagonist can be dense, but it is not the same. Call it Emotional Intelligence, which is different from Academic Intelligence, or Smartness.

Status
Not open for further replies.