Additional Content Warning type request

ThisEldritchAnomaly

Requesting Abuse Content Warning type be added.
Gore, Sexual Content, and Strong Language does not bother me. It does not bother me hardly at all. However, Abuse does.

If anyone has any objections to the addition on the Abuse Content Warning feel free to @ me, but don't expect me respond with any amount of urgency, or at all.

Frank-9976

surrealist shortform writer
In addition I found when writing my story I wanted to warn for depiction of panic attack but I don't know where that fits.

So maybe just a more versatile CW system in general?

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
There are tags for that. "Abusive characters" "child abuse" and "sexual abuse"
Don't those act as warning enough?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's not a requirement. That's the problem.
I agree that there should be a content warning option, but it should be up to the author whether to use the content warning. At least, if the story is reported for not having the "abuse" content warning, the author should not face a penalty. Those who are actually going through abuse might not be aware that the behavior they are experiencing from those they trust is abusive. As a result, they may fictionalize scenarios from their lives as a way to work through what they are experiencing. It may take a reader coming along and pointing out the abuse for the author to realize that they need to get help to get out of the situation.

ThisEldritchAnomaly

I agree that there should be a content warning option, but it should be up to the author whether to use the content warning. At least, if the story is reported for not having the "abuse" content warning, the author should not face a penalty. Those who are actually going through abuse might not be aware that the behavior they are experiencing from those they trust is abusive. As a result, they may fictionalize scenarios from their lives as a way to work through what they are experiencing. It may take a reader coming along and pointing out the abuse for the author to realize that they need to get help to get out of the situation.
It should required and prominent. Think about the people who are currently in an abusive relationship, or have PTSD from a prior abusive relationship. They probably don't want or need to be reminded. All fiction is an escape from this wretched reality. Let's keep it that way.

If a story gets reported for not having the Abuse Content Warning when it should the moderator or admin who receives the report can just add it themselves.