Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Silver

Training (Closed)

Holding his sword above a slime. He watched silently as it bounced and slid around. Swinging his sword down. He expected to hear a sickening sound of fluids flying all over the place. But, finding his sword hovering just over the slime. He smiled bitterly, teach had taught him a little too well.

Sighing, he looked down on the shivering slime and picked it up muttering “I swear if you bite me, I’ll be pissed.” not that the slime could understand him anyways.

Heading out of town and into the fields he dropped it off. Watching the shivering slime expression turn into one bouncing of happiness. He felt a little warm.

After that his morning routine had one more thing added to it. Training with the guards, scouting for information, and now dropping herb slimes he found back into the forest.

At night he constantly read the elemental tome he had bought previously and tried to practice magic without much luck.

Until one day during his training, he heard something weird from one of his sparring partners. His swordsmanship was becoming strangely aggressive and tricky to deal with. Sort of like a snake.

Hearing that he quickly went back to his room and grabbed a notebook from under the bed. There were crudely drawn sword stances and movements from what he had learned before from Felicia. But, as he tried going back to the basic stances she had taught him. He frowned as the movements that came to him easily before became uncomfortable and limiting.

No, he wasn’t going to fold that easily. Forcibly doing the basic stances every morning. His swordsmanship slowly returned to his old style. But, from time to time he found weaknesses, mistep, things to exploit. Sometimes it could be a sword swung too hard other times it was a small bit of hestration that left an opening either way his swordsmanship slowly shifted to exploiting those weaknesses rather than clashing.

Soon he moved from human targets to animals. Walking into the sewers, his nose wrinkled up on the smell. What’s worse was that he couldn’t see anything. But in here were giant rats and lurking in the water were the slimes.

With his footsteps echoing behind him he heard a growl come from in front of him. Unable to see he swung his sword forward.

Feeling a pulse of pain coming from his arm and the feedback from his sword hitting the ground. He forced himself to drop his sword to the ground and use his free arm to unstealth his dagger to plunge into the rats body.

With it not letting go, he stabbed it again and again and again until it was dead. With blood covering his clothes. He continued on. The dark made it difficult. The second rat he killed took two stabs before it went down. The third he was able to bash it with his sword and finish off. At twentyish he was able to figure out their patterns without getting injured. And at thirty he was forced to go back to the dorm.

To which he was forced to stay in bed for some time. With a lecture for his troubles and porridge to eat. And, a book to read and time to practice magic. The days passed by quickly.

By the time he was able get out of bed he gained the ability to summon sand. Not very useful, unless he wanted to blind his sparring partner.

Going back into the tunnels, he used what he learned from his previous encounters with them. The tunnel rats while big lacked the intelligence that their race was famed for. And, were evolved to be more territorial than their previous counterparts. Making their attacks more or less predictable.

With the sewers limiting their options to dashing to him in a straight line or jumping towards him if they wanted to attack him. The ones that jumped always were a guaranteed death sentence for them since he was already accustomed to the sound and which swing to use. Rather it was the ones that dashed at him that gave him trouble. Stabbing or slashing was good enough but he ran the risk of damaging his sword. So to prevent this he used the sheathed version of his sword. And, finished them off with his dagger.

Returning to the dorms, he continued this routine for a while. Until he decided he was ready to return to the guild.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
A Letter of Gratitude (Closed)
Quest Report (36)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 8 (7180/7200)
Quest: Be my champion~!
Evaluation:
  • Jakob surrendered
  • Was super boring
For the first time in months, Felicia decided to take a trip back to Scribel. Although a little fed up with the dreary lifestyle in the mountains, where the pressure of war and death was ever present, the main reason she decided to head back was for Sable. It wasn't fair for her to be caged up all the time, she wanted her to be able to fly freely in the skies. There were some things she wanted to deal with back in the region anyway, as there had been recent rumours of rising gangs and organizations that she felt she should take a look at.

The wind rushed past invigoratingly as she rode atop Sable's back, flying freely in the clouds above Gelderholm. After playing around a bit and doing barrel rolls, the pair finally swerved down the mountains, towards the primarily grassland region that was Scribel. Although they were much faster flying through the air, they still had to camp in forests and the like for a few days before reaching the nostalgic city.

Scribel looked exactly the same as she remembered; quaint and peaceful, a stark contrast to Gelderholm. After spending half a day hunting with Sable and visiting Folke's family, she felt it was time to take a look at the newer quests in the tavern. After scanning through the guild-sponsored quests, and noting down the Slumber Jelly quest for later, a quest sponsored by an old acquaintance, the 'head' of the community service department here in Scribel, Julrik, caught her eye.

He's got himself in trouble once again huh. Felicia thought wryly as she remembered the friendly personality and fondness of women that fellow had. But, she did owe him a favour, and since no one had taken even one of the duels on his behalf, she decided the least she could do was help him out a bit. And before anyone gets any wild ideas, the favour she owed him was not promiscuous in any way, he simply took her to an expensive restaurant a while back. That was all. It's not like Felicia would have let him do anything anyway.

After scanning the list for an appropriate sparring partner, whilst deciding to abandon the optional reward of humiliating her opponent unless he deserved it, she randomly picked the elf archer since he didn't seem too hard to deal with. Naturally, he must have his ways to keep his distance from his opponents, but for an all rounder who prioritized swift melee attacks like herself she didn't think he'd be much trouble. Since he only recently achieved rank E, she had even less to worry about, as she was slowly approaching her rank D exam. Finalizing the quest application process, she leisurely spent the next few days relaxing in Scribel before her duel.

Donned in her usual leather armour and dark robes, Felicia stood with her blade unsheathed as she stared unwaveringly at her opponent. A tall elf wearing glasses glared vengefully back, his long angelic golden hair weaving through the evening breeze. His amber eyes blazed murkily with confusion, hatred and sorrow, and his bloodthirst seemed to falter as he looked at his opponent.

"..why do you defend him?" He hissed between gritted teeth.

"Because I owe him a favour." Felicia gazed back calmly, having already prepared herself for the mess of emotions her opponent would be in.

"He took the love of my life away from me! How can you stand on his side and not mine?!" He snapped, drawing his enchanted silverwood bow and aiming towards her head.

"Julrik does not steal, he takes what is not loyal and true." She responded icily with what she personally grew to know of the man. Although he may seem pushy and frivolous in his seduction, he knows when to not push any further. Afterall, that's why she wasn't assaulted that day in the restaurant despite being rather weak at that time.

Seemingly hitting his sore spot, he widened his eyes in rage and released the arrow, which was easily sidestepped by just stepping away.

"Why aren't you trying to kill me?" Felicia responded after a slight pause, severely doubting that all this rank E archer could do was send out a normal arrow.

"Hah.." He was once again shaken by her words, trembling before dropping his bow in exasperation. "I surrender. I haven't lost reason enough to kill everyone that gets in the way of my revenge. I just wanted to vent really." He sighed as his eyes wandered somewhere far away.

"Well you can vent right now, just without the killing part." Felicia offered, still just as ready for combat as she was when she first saw him. To be honest, she was a little miffed, she came here expecting a fun duel, not a heart to heart discussion!

"Haha, you're just like her, always wanting to get straight to the point without any dilly-dallying." He laughed wistfully as he moved his gaze towards her and away from the clouds. After a contemplative silence, he opened his mouth again.

"Say, would you be willing to go on a da-"
"Denied."

Mercilessly, she cut him off and walked away to make her report. She'd just have to unleash her frustrations when hunting with Sable later, damn, what a waste of her time...

(Ooc: written on phone sorry if code explodes)
Seeing Felicia after so long, Julrik's face beamed with happiness and admiration but didn't manage to speak to her before she left the building. Moving over to the receptionist, he took the evaluated report and read through it.

"Ah! Champion of my heart and life~!"

He then hurried to his private office and began writing a letter addressed to Felicia:

Dear Miss Felicia El Freliti,

My goddess! My love! My inspirational muse!
I glanced upon your beautiful visage while at work and came to know of your most noble actions for my handsome self~!
Your ruby and sapphire eyes bewitched me as I shivered from my memory of how your frosty countenance burned my soul with adoration and love~!
I remember that wonderful night at that restaurant, ah how I wish we could have experienced more than the oral pleasures of the food~!
It brings a tear to my perfect eyes that you love me enough to defend my honour against those brutes with no class~!
Ah, how I've missed you these past months~!
How I've dreamed of your slender figure as you've no doubt conquered the hearts of many with your noble and just manner~!
How I still love you and wish to be with you after all of this time, ah~!
I truly cannot express my gratitude enough for what you have done, my sweet and sour jewel~!
Until we meet again, my love~!
Mwah~!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh how I wish I could actually kiss you right now but, alas, it was not meant to be this time!

As he finished, he took out a laced handkerchief to dab at his bleeding nose, before kissing the envelope and handing it into the postal department.

X

Silver

Training 2 (Closed)
As he practiced, his swordsmanship slowly became more and more refined. With traces of Leon’s swordsmanship affecting it. It made his previously simple swordsmanship become more tricky to deal with. The powerful strikes he liked to use so much turned to quick strikes.

On paper it sounded bad. Weaker strikes meant less pressure and dealt less damage. But, like it was for Leon and his teacher it became a good thing for him. His sword was now a snake that could change direction at will. His downward strike could suddenly change into one aiming for the legs. A single stance could change from hitting the head, to the chest, or if he was daring enough a kick. It wasn’t as fast or swift as his teacher’s but it worked.

The stances he learned from his teacher became his greatest strength. It forced his opponents to think about what’d he do in his next strike. It allowed him to condition his opponent to falter backward or rush recklessly towards him.

Making him a difficult opponent to spar for the guards. As he focused on slowly reducing the options and thriving on the mistakes made by them. Soon he could predict a guard’s next move by their expressions alone.

That didn’t mean that he never lost. The weakness of striking at unusual angles was that it took more energy to do. And as a consequence it weakened the grip he had on his sword. Allowing the guard fighting him to easily knock it out of his hand if they ever read his next strike.

So it became similar to an arms war. He would add a fake strike or pretend to retreat. While they would come with other countermeasures to deal with him.

As he added more moves to his skill set, so did the amount of guards calling his sword style snake like. And, as it did he tried his best to suppress the rumors. He tried his best to not take advantage of the openings they left behind. He tried to keep to the stances left behind in the book. But, like all things, it didn’t end well for him.

Weirdly enough, instead of telling him to take it easy their leader pointed him to a certain group.

A group of guards who used lances instead of swords. Not used inside of the city because of the difficulty of using lances in a crowded city. They mainly were used to guard the gates and patrol outside the walls.

And, fighting them he found why. Lances, with their range reduced his style into a fragment of its former self. He couldn’t pretend to strike if he couldn’t reach them. At that distance he couldn’t even throw sand. Even on the off chance he made it to them by parrying the strikes they used close combat to knock him away.

At first the guards who sparred with him cheered for the lancers but as the losses continued the cheers turned into looks of pity.

When night had arrived he looked up at the sky and wondered. How could he ever beat that range. And, at the end, only one answer came to mind. Magic.

He wasn’t naive enough to believe that he was more skilled than the guards. Since he has been to their training for months. He knew their focus was more on teamwork rather than individual strength.

If the enemy had skilled swordsman they would switch to lances. If there were magic users they would use archers. If the enemy were causing chaos in the city the swordsman would flock to the scene.

He didn’t have teammates or comrades on his side so magic was the only way to change the tides his way.

The only issue was...how?

His teacher was gone to another city. And, finding another teacher just felt wrong somehow. But as he was thinking a voice called out, “Hello~ little Cassel. I see you’re still sulking after your loss to those guards.”

“Leon.”

“Ah, don’t be so grumpy. Losing to one of the single greatest weapons of mankind in history isn't too much of a loss. And, knowing you, you're thinking of the same solution I am.”

“Yeah, magic that’s the only way right?”

“Yup that’s correct and you know the best part? I can teach you~. You want to win after all, right?”

Frowning he growled, “I refuse to have a teacher like you.”

“Oh you think your teacher at this point will teach you? Out of town, rank E, and level seven?! Oh man, you’ll have a better chance finding gold in your soup than that happening. But, people like you can dream right? Call me when you’re ready to come back to reality.”

Leaving behind a crackling that got on his nerves. Leon headed back to bed.

Everyday he trained with the guards a loss was added to his record. So taking a break one day he went to the receptionist table. Filing and confirming records he fell back into a rhythm until he saw her.

Teach, she was back. For a moment he wanted to run, maybe trade shifts with a nearby receptionist but the words Leon had said echoed in his mind. He had to find out.

So finishing the report he was on he moved onto Felicia’s. Ending a duel with a single move impressive as usual but a new number caught his eyes. Level eight. He wanted to laugh, the bitterness in his heart growing. It seemed this would be more of a formality than anything else.

So trying to keep the bitterness and despair out of his voice he forced out "Hmm, well everything checks out. And, level eight already huh? It's seems like almost the other day since I saw you at level 7. I suppose those 10 G and 20 G classes are off the table? Anyway enough of my banter here, the promised rewards."

Waiting for her response he closed his eyes. And, thought maybe if he trained harder, did more quests, or was higher leveled he could be called her student again. But, it seemed somethings would come to an end. But-

“Of course they’re still on the table.”

And, like a piece of dust on the wind she disappeared. And, in her place was a man. Yanking the report from his desk. The man quickly read through the report. As Cassel was going to ask for it back.

The feeling of paper hit his face. With the words "Ah! Champion of my heart and life~!" declared the man exited the scene.

Trying to hide his irritation, he looked at a nearby receptionist and asked “Quest giver?”

With a nod as his answer, he finally understood why those five wanted to beat him up so much.
OCC: Okay I literally just wrote this for the Julrik scene. So it may be a bit sloppy.

Last edited:

Vanus

Well..that was an eventful prison shift. Luckily you didn't get hurt too bad miss. Anyways enough rambling from me, here's your promised rewards.

Final Reward:
  • Money: 10 G
"Now that I think about it really doesn't feel like it was worth all that effort but than again at least I don't have a failure on my cards here yet." AIEO says and than walks away.

Vanus

Well from your report, it seems you've done your job fairly well. If you can spot a slime sliding across a field. I think you would spot be able anything trying to sneak into the city. Anyway enough of my chatter here's the promised rewards

Final Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
"Well it was glowing in the dark thanks to my left eye and it does move extraordinarily slowly. So all in all it was actually hard to miss." AIEO shrugs before leaving the man alone.

Reciful

The Canvas, The Paper & The Inkpen...& A Blessing/Curse (close)

Few days has pass after Reciful brought item for the very first time.

A canvas, a sheet of ordinary paper, & a Inkpen, happy as she was, it immediately turn into despair of cruel reality.

She realized the hard truth...

The canvas she brought is hard to use especially for her who is a first timer being in a human body.

The sheet of papers we're extinguishable, easy to tearoff & over all bad in quality for writing.

And finally the Inkpen..... Can't be used without a Ink must be constantly supplied new one, like the paper.

Knowing this Reciful fall in deep state of melancholy... contemplated on how idiot she is.

(What to do...Reciful~ is poor.... But Reciful need many papers & Ink so Reciful could practice writing.)

Reciful thoughts so as she stare at pile of crumpled papers on the floor with, & seeing only 1 piece of paper remaining. Reciful felt even more depressed.... Apperently She keep forcing writing on the blank paper with a inkless pen until it tears apart, not knowing why no line is showing up when she writes. But its all too late when she realized she need to Ink for writing which she completely forgot.

*Bam!*-*Bam!*-*Bam!*

She repeatedly slams her head on the wooden floor due to the stress. She felt like going mad... Sadly she is the one who bring chaos & madness to the world... It impossible for her to go mad, when she is insanity itself since birth.

( Reciful is already a level 2 Adventurer.... Yet Reciful feel so helpless & stupid....if only Reciful can use Magic, maybe Reciful can write letter using mana in the air~....... Uuuuuuh WHY DO TELEPATHY MAKE PEOPLE HEAD HURTS!! JUST WHYY??HUMAN SOOO FRAGILE!! )

Recalling what happened on her previous quest where a group of people(thugs/Criminals) she Delivered a package. They all Collapsed, when she talks inside their head without restraints.

Reciful slams her head against the wooden floor again, this time with more force.... If other person see such a scene where a little girl repeatedly slamming her head on the ground... They will surely be creep out.

( If only Reciful can use magic... If only Reciful can create a miracle....If Only Reciful can use a blessing......!!?....Bless...Blessing thats right Reciful have a new skill when Reciful level up! "Dark blessing"!! )

....EUREKA!!!

As if gaining a enlightenment or Revelation about some kind of profound truth. Reciful lighten up as if her despair a moment ago is all a illusion, she immediately stand up..... preparing, doing something that all others will find unbearably unpleasant or even horrified!!

Gathering the canvas with the remaining paper plastered in it & the Inkless Inkpen on the floor. Reciful stand before it with majestic composure & a Demonic smirks appear on her cute & adorable face a expression unfitted on her current little girl form.

Reciful brought her left hand above the items & then

*Slash!!*

With a quick swing. She chop off her left hand, with a tendrils reshaped as a black blade... Immediately Reciful felt a hot burning sensation & pain travel thought-out her body. While a large amount of inhuman black blood spurts out in her wounded left arm. Dyeing the Items on the floor all black with her blood.

While in pain Reciful forced herself to do the next step of the ritual.... A chat to activate the Skill "Dark blessing".

"Chaos, Obey me~
I am the daughter of chaos itself.

Darkness, Kneel before me~
I am the flower that blooms in the abyss.

Shadows, beg upon me~
I am the malice within the innocent.

Obey, Kneel, Beg~

May the world tremble as I alter it's laws.

Grant me a blessing born in a black stain "

A skill needed a drop of demonic black blood to activate, using language that's only the Great Old one/Eldritch or above as a chat... To alter one's truth & reshaping to a twisted nature, granting a wish with a price... This is the true nature of the "Dark blessing skill"

and now Reciful used it on a Canvas, a paper & a Inkpen reshaping its truth, in a curse Disguised as a blessing.

A insane amount of black miasma shallowed the items, as the black blood of Reciful seemingly get Absorbed in the 3 items.

What came after it when its done is..

...-A Black Canvas with a red vines in it.

...-A pure black sheet of papers.

...-A Feathered Inkpen as if made in a crystalized Red blood.

Something very hideous & cursed, is born in the world that day... & No one knew at all.

Vanta Black papers: A very high quality pure black magical paper, easy to write with, erasing words & drawing can be done by will alone. A cursed Item that shows deep trauma & fear to anyone who holds it, great crafting material for making Demonic rune, Cursed spells, Grimoire books, Geass contract scroll, Devil pact contact, & All kinds Summoning Rituals.
Atrocious Canvas: A black canvas with Red human like vine all over it. Great Durability, easy to use. A cursed Item that drags the consciousness of those that hold it, forcing them to see the wickedness & sin of any person they saw changing their personality to a madman.​
A great material for crafting magical moving Illustration/painting, truth reviling device, & summoning Rituals.
Feathered blood Inkpen: a blood red crystalized Feather Pen, easy to use, great Durability, when lost, it find its way back to the owner eventually. "Cursed Item, it uses blood of any being as its Ink, it Absorbed blood of any living thing like a vampire"​
A great crafting materials for Demonic rune, Cursed spells, Grimoire books, Geass contract scroll, Devil pact contact, All kinds Summoning Rituals, Spell creation, Mana engraving, Magic Weapon & armour creation, Demonic Weapon & armour creation, & high grade magical garment creation.

OC: Reciful | Setting: Tavern room

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Reflecting on Oneself (Closed)

Liana tiredly returned back to Hejlikka's house, after receiving her reward for collecting taxes, as the sun began to rise. Entering the kitchen, she took the wine bottle off the kitchen counter and drank a few small mouthfuls of the black, bitter contents. Feeling the familiar buzz of energy and pleasurable sensations humming through her body, Liana screwed the lid back on and carefully placed the bottle back down with great strain. Staring at the bottle with red glowing eyes, there was a hunger behind them as her body craved for more of that delicious liquid. Shaking her head to try and clear her thoughts, Liana walked out of the kitchen with heavy and reluctant steps and headed for her new bedroom.

Opening the door, she looked at the sparsely decorated room and thought about how little belongings she actually owned - namely the hair ornaments she never took off, her dress, and the bottle that Jasper gave her. Closing the door and taking her dress off, she walked over to the mirror on the wall and examined herself: Pale skin with a healthy glow, red eyes that glowed in the dark, lips that deepened in colour the more she drank, a bountiful chest, thighs with the slightest of plumpness, and long slender legs.

As she stared at her reflection, Liana couldn't help but wonder if she was really looking at herself. There was no smile on her detached face. There was no gentleness in her eyes. Her eyes weren't even the gold colour she'd been born and grown up with. Bringing a hand to her face, she touched her deep red lips and gasped as she noticed her nails were black and sharp. Moving her hands in front of her, she examined her finger nails and saw they all seemed more like claws than nails.

"..."

Worrying about what other changes to her body she might experience in the future, Liana hugged herself as her eyes shifted to a dull, reddish gold. Seeing the change from her reflection, she felt a little relieved that the red glowing eyes wasn't a permanent thing and must be connected to when she was in blood-lust. Moving to the water basin, she dipped a cloth into the water and cleaned her body - not really caring about the water being cold as she was used to such things from her days at the temple.

Turning to her dress, Liana examined it for any damage and saw a few cuts in places - mostly in the back. "...I'll need to get some sewing tools so I can fix this..." She thought to herself as she realised how many violent situations she must have been in when in her blood-lust and frenzies. Washing the dress carefully, Liana thought about what she should do in the next night and thought she should try to do something that would help the civilians in a more hands on way. Wringing the dress, she hung it on a hook on the wall to let it dry and slipped into her bed and fell asleep.

[OC: Liana|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 511]

[OOC: Full wine bottle of Jasper's blood changed to - Three quarters of a wine bottle of Jasper's blood]

X

Feathers95

Basic Magic Training! (CLOSED / @Feathers95 @Silver )
Sitting atop a hill north of Scribel City, she watched Sable soar through the skies as she awaited Cassel's arrival. In all honesty, she had no idea how she was going to teach him magic. But just like last time, she supposed she would just wing it. Felicia was actually quite amazed by his progress, just from his ordinary movements alone, she could tell he had been training hard. It was her good fortune to have such a diligent student!

Silver

Sitting atop a hill north of Scribel City, she watched Sable soar through the skies as she awaited Cassel's arrival. In all honesty, she had no idea how she was going to teach him magic. But just like last time, she supposed she would just wing it. Felicia was actually quite amazed by his progress, just from his ordinary movements alone, she could tell he had been training hard. It was her good fortune to have such a diligent student!
Finding his teacher was easy enough. With that giant bird looping around her he would be ashamed if he couldn't find her. So once he saw her, he said "Hello Felicia, I'm here for my lessons."

OOC: Sorry my internet is going haywire for some reason today. So my response time may be slower than usual :sweating_profusely:

Feathers95

Finding his teacher was easy enough. With that giant bird looping around her he would be ashamed if he couldn't find her. So once he saw her, he said "Hello Felicia, I'm here for my lessons."

OOC: Sorry my internet is going haywire for some reason today. So my response time may be slower than usual :sweating_profusely:
"Good afternoon Cassel, let's get started shall we?" She greeted with a sigh, still a little puzzled on how to explain the concept of magic.

"Come sit down, first things first we need to awaken your ability to sense mana." She started calmly, slowly taking out a mana glowstone, a bundle of brightweed and a stalk of twin flowers, all of which were known items that contained mana.

Placing them in front of him, she inquired. "Do you see anything special about these items? Try holding them, do you feel anything strange?"

This test was a judge of his potential, and how difficult it would be for him to find his mana sense. Since she herself had little difficulty awakening her sense when she entered Tonia, due to her body already being used to wielding magic, she worried about whether Cassel would have any initial difficulties.

OOC: No worries, I'm the one taking longer to respond! :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Silver

"Good afternoon Cassel, let's get started shall we?" She greeted with a sigh, still a little puzzled on how to explain the concept of magic.

"Come sit down, first things first we need to awaken your ability to sense mana." She started calmly, slowly taking out a mana glowstone, a bundle of brightweed and a stalk of twin flowers, all of which were known items that contained mana.

Placing them in front of him, she inquired. "Do you see anything special about these items? Try holding them, do you feel anything strange?"

This test was a judge of his potential, and how difficult it would be for him to find his mana sense. Since she herself had little difficulty awakening her sense when she entered Tonia, due to her body already being used to wielding magic, she worried about whether Cassel would have any initial difficulties.

OOC: No worries, I'm the one taking longer to respond! :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
Going through each item. He felt that something was off about them but he couldn’t put his finger to it.

They gave out a similar aura to his sand production magic. But, they felt different for some reason. At the time he trained he had seen only two kinds of mana. One brown and the other a light green. But, the three in front of his gave him a completely different feeling than the two he had seen previously.

Speaking up, he said, “They give a similar feeling to when I produce sand. But, stronger and different for some reason.”

OOC: ORZ forgot I made that a thing after his first training arc. Well there always the second part. -_-

Feathers95

Going through each item. He felt that something was off about them but he couldn’t put his finger to it.

They gave out a similar aura to his sand production magic. But, they felt different for some reason. At the time he trained he had seen only two kinds of mana. One brown and the other a light green. But, the three in front of his gave him a completely different feeling than the two he had seen previously.

Speaking up, he said, “They give a similar feeling to when I produce sand. But, stronger and different for some reason.”

OOC: ORZ forgot I made that a thing after his first training arc. Well there always the second part. -_-
"Oh, you already know sand magic? How did you learn how to use it? Do you already have a magic tutor?" She inquired curiously, wondering who taught him magic without teaching him any of the basics. Such methods seemed rather dangerous, what if he lost control of his magic since he hadn't learnt how to understand it?

"Nevertheless, that'll make it easier to teach you the basics. Just remember that the methods I teach you are not the only way to use and understand mana and magic. Everyone is different, and I'm sure you'll find people in the future with a contradictory understanding of what I teach you." She explained thoughtfully, hoping to widen his horizons and understand that the things that she would be teaching were not definite.

Silver

"Oh, you already know sand magic? How did you learn how to use it? Do you already have a magic tutor?" She inquired curiously, wondering who taught him magic without teaching him any of the basics. Such methods seemed rather dangerous, what if he lost control of his magic since he hadn't learnt how to understand it?

"Nevertheless, that'll make it easier to teach you the basics. Just remember that the methods I teach you are not the only way to use and understand mana and magic. Everyone is different, and I'm sure you'll find people in the future with a contradictory understanding of what I teach you." She explained thoughtfully, hoping to widen his horizons and understand that the things that she would be teaching were not definite.
"Oh, I learned my magic from a magic tome they sell in the market. It surprisingly goes very in depth on the theories and different techniques used in this world. Still a couple months to learn how to summon a bit of sand doesn't make it sound like the best of a deals..."

"Still I have agree with you, better to learn the basics from someone experienced rather than blindly following what a book says. And, even if what you say is contradictory I already have living proof that it works. So that's enough for me."

Feathers95

"Oh, I learned my magic from a magic tome they sell in the market. It surprisingly goes very in depth on the theories and different techniques used in this world. Still a couple months to learn how to summon a bit of sand doesn't make it sound like the best of a deals..."

"Still I have agree with you, better to learn the basics from someone experienced rather than blindly following what a book says. And, even if what you say is contradictory I already have living proof that it works. So that's enough for me."
"Haha, learning how to wield and use magic is no easy feat. Back in my old world, it took me a year before I could even feel the tiniest tinge of mana, although the process was very different from how it works here. A few months to learn how to summon anything at all without any guidance is a feat you should be proud of." She smiled, her eyes curving into crescents. He really had so much potential!

Nodding at his words of confirmation, she continued the lesson. "It's good that you can already sense and differentiate mana to such an extent. Although in the future, you'll be able to see the differences between different types more clearly, for example even the difference between these two healing herbs, that'll only come to be after more practice."

"Okay, now I want you to close your eyes. Although you can sense the condensed mana within these items, in order to use magic freely, you need to be able to sense the mana floating throughout the atmosphere. It is what I use to help lessen the burden of summoning flames and ice, rather than just relying on my own internal mana all the time." She explained slowly.

Silver

"Haha, learning how to wield and use magic is no easy feat. Back in my old world, it took me a year before I could even feel the tiniest tinge of mana, although the process was very different from how it works here. A few months to learn how to summon anything at all without any guidance is a feat you should be proud of." She smiled, her eyes curving into crescents. He really had so much potential!

Nodding at his words of confirmation, she continued the lesson. "It's good that you can already sense and differentiate mana to such an extent. Although in the future, you'll be able to see the differences between different types more clearly, for example even the difference between these two healing herbs, that'll only come to be after more practice."

"Okay, now I want you to close your eyes. Although you can sense the condensed mana within these items, in order to use magic freely, you need to be able to sense the mana floating throughout the atmosphere. It is what I use to help lessen the burden of summoning flames and ice, rather than just relying on my own internal mana all the time." She explained slowly.
Not wanting to disappoint, he closed his eyes. Trying to sense the mana flowing around him. He could only find small clumps of brown and light green nearby. He couldn't find any other types flowing through the air. And, the ones he could sense only appeared when he was really close to them.

Weirdly he couldn't sense any other type of mana other then the ones coming three items laying in front of him.

Opening his eyes he shook his head, "I can only see small bits of green and brown spots from around me." Using his fingers to measure out an inch he said "around this far."

Feathers95

Not wanting to disappoint, he closed his eyes. Trying to sense the mana flowing around him. He could only find small clumps of brown and light green nearby. He couldn't find any other types flowing through the air. And, the ones he could sense only appeared when he was really close to them.

Weirdly he couldn't sense any other type of mana other then the ones coming three items laying in front of him.

Opening his eyes he shook his head, "I can only see small bits of green and brown spots from around me." Using his fingers to measure out an inch he said "around this far."
"Hmm, I see. You can only sense the mana you have adjusted yourself to seeing. That makes sense." She pondered briefly, as she wondered how to progress further. What she needed him to be able to sense was the pure mana around him, which the atmosphere was filled with. This would allow him to absorb it and use the elemental knowledge he knew to convert it into a multitude of different spells and forms, not just sand.

"Ah, I have an idea. Okay, close your eyes again and try to sense the mana around you." She ordered calmly, before bringing a pointed finger to his forehead. Watching him carefully in case she did anything harmful, she directed a small portion of her mana to flow towards him, hoping to provide enough stimulation for his mana sense. She silently hoped his body would not take it as a hostile entity and would accept the tendril of energy.

Silver

"Hmm, I see. You can only sense the mana you have adjusted yourself to seeing. That makes sense." She pondered briefly, as she wondered how to progress further. What she needed him to be able to sense was the pure mana around him, which the atmosphere was filled with. This would allow him to absorb it and use the elemental knowledge he knew to convert it into a multitude of different spells and forms, not just sand.

"Ah, I have an idea. Okay, close your eyes again and try to sense the mana around you." She ordered calmly, before bringing a pointed finger to his forehead. Watching him carefully in case she did anything harmful, she directed a small portion of her mana to flow towards him, hoping to provide enough stimulation for his mana sense. She silently hoped his body would not take it as a hostile entity and would accept the tendril of energy.
Closing his eyes, he felt something go into him. It felt cold yet hot at the same time. Making an unexplainable pain flare up in his body. Keeping his voice down he tried to focus on the task on hand. And, with time his vision cleared.

Now able to see the mana from ahead a variety of colors appeared red, blue, green, and any other color you could name it was there. And, there was nothing he couldn't quite say anything other than two words "Thank you," to describe his gratitude.

OOC: Yay my internet is back online. :blob_paint:

Feathers95

Closing his eyes, he felt something go into him. It felt cold yet hot at the same time. Making an unexplainable pain flare up in his body. Keeping his voice down he tried to focus on the task on hand. And, with time his vision cleared.

Now able to see the mana from ahead a variety of colors appeared red, blue, green, and any other color you could name it was there. And, there was nothing he couldn't quite say anything other than two words "Thank you," to describe his gratitude.

OOC: Yay my internet is back online. :blob_paint:
"I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to feel any discomfort. My mana's always been a rather violent and unstable force you see, due to the conflicting elements. I'm glad you weren't harmed though, and that it seems successful." She heaved a sigh of relief as she closed the pathway of mana and moved her finger away.

"Before we move onto manipulating mana itself, you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with your newly awakened mana sense and stabilizing it. The best way to do this is meditation in a variety of different places, where the mana in the atmosphere differs." She explained calmly, before pausing with a smile.

"Just like last time, how about I see you again in a week? I don't have a list of things you should be training yourself with this time though, just use your mana sense whenever and wherever you can until then. Just remember to not exhaust yourself, your body will not be used to feeling mana." She warned and offered after some thought, as Sable flew back down and nudged Cassel curiously.

Silver

"I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to feel any discomfort. My mana's always been a rather violent and unstable force you see, due to the conflicting elements. I'm glad you weren't harmed though, and that it seems successful." She heaved a sigh of relief as she closed the pathway of mana and moved her finger away.

"Before we move onto manipulating mana itself, you should spend some time familiarizing yourself with your newly awakened mana sense and stabilizing it. The best way to do this is meditation in a variety of different places, where the mana in the atmosphere differs." She explained calmly, before pausing with a smile.

"Just like last time, how about I see you again in a week? I don't have a list of things you should be training yourself with this time though, just use your mana sense whenever and wherever you can until then. Just remember to not exhaust yourself, your body will not be used to feeling mana." She warned and offered after some thought, as Sable flew back down and nudged Cassel curiously.
Feeling the giant bird poke his head into his side, he tried petting it but a swift jump later. He found it was a bit too early for things to go that far. So he thanked Felicia for her advice and her assistance with her unlocking his mana sense.

And, he started to train. There were plenty of places of to train his mana sense. The sewer, the fields, the training grounds, and even the forest. They were all places he went to train his senses. And in each area had certain types of mana occurred more commonly there.

The world was a lot brighter with that mana sense of his but while he tried it and walking in the same time he found out that they were simply not suited for each other. As he tripped on a slime and slammed head first into a tree. Luckily no one saw it. Going back to the promised meeting ground he returned to Felicia with his training done hopefully that bruise on his head was gone.

Feathers95

Feeling the giant bird poke his head into his side, he tried petting it but a swift jump later. He found it was a bit too early for things to go that far. So he thanked Felicia for her advice and her assistance with her unlocking his mana sense.

And, he started to train. There were plenty of places of to train his mana sense. The sewer, the fields, the training grounds, and even the forest. They were all places he went to train his senses. And in each area had certain types of mana occurred more commonly there.

The world was a lot brighter with that mana sense of his but while he tried it and walking in the same time he found out that they were simply not suited for each other. As he tripped on a slime and slammed head first into a tree. Luckily no one saw it. Going back to the promised meeting ground he returned to Felicia with his training done hopefully that bruise on his head was gone.
As she pet Sable's head, she noticed Cassel walking over to their usual meeting spot. Blinking in surprise, she asked in curiosity. "Did you get into a fight? Your forehead's a bit swollen, take care of yourself out there." She warned worriedly, before gently placing the tip of her finger on his forehead again, careful not to aggravate his injury. Sending forth a tendril of energy to analyze his body's acceptance of mana, she smiled briefly before lowering her hand.

"You've done well, now, let's get started on manipulating mana itself." She commented as she gestured for him to sit down in front of her again. "Close your eyes and awaken your mana sense. Then, using your breathing as a rhythm, try to mentally pull the orbs you feel towards you. Even a slight tug is a good sign, don't be frustrated if they don't move much at first." She ordered calmly, as Sable rested her head on her lap and took a nap.

OOC: I'm going to head to bed now, so you'll get my response tomorrow ^^ We're almost done with the basics! Also, if you want Felicia to take Cassel along to Gelderholm feel free to ask! Or perhaps even Spire Reef since things look pretty interesting over there~ (Also sorry for the slow response writing on your phone actually sucks when it's laggy and your screen's jumping all over the place xD)

Last edited: