Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Riku25

Drevart was heading towards the well with a rag given to him by Leti thrown over his shoulder. He was thinking about what he shall do next in his current circumstances and sometimes he was flinching due to sharp pain coming from his already starting to close, wound. Even though a half-naked man was gathering some attention Drevart was oblivious to everything and so he didn't notice a person going to the Guild and accidentally bumped into him.

"Oh, I'm sorry... was a bit distracted by my thoughts."

He immediately apologized to the man with a slight bow and noticing the direction he was heading in he asked.

"Umm... are you here possibly to post some mission for adventurer's Guild? Excuse me if that bothers you but I'm a bit of a new person in these lands and can lack some proper manners"

He apologized again. Old habit from his wormer workplace when he had to use a very submissive style of speech to appease the nobles of his world to get closer to them and then quietly slit their throat.

OOC: Hey man, sorry I didn't realize you were rping with me😅. Kind past this point now, so just treat it as you apologizing and walking off.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Okarin and the leprechaun girl (@Himekawa, @ohko | closed)

"Okarin." Mei said.

"Still in contact with Sica?"
Okarin and the leprechaun girl (@Himekawa, @ohko | closed)

"Not quite, I haven't seen her since we've gotten back."

"I believe that Adsall might have shown the girl around the city."

"I think she's... still... somewhere around the city."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Riku25

Quest: Cooking Rations (Open)

Riku found himself working his way back towards the Guild's main building and shortly after, being directed towards the kitchen, he took in the sight of the hive like activity going on within. Humans and...others, were preoccupied with the various pots and pans, cooking under the fires of those strange yet familiar versions of stoves.

Standing there idly brought attention from the those within, and it wasn't long until he was approached by a young woman slightly short than him.

"Afternoon sir, was there a particular reason for you being here?" she asked, her tone was light and curious, but it did habour a hint of urgency and impatience. Riku lifted up the quest sheet as he spoke.

"Yes, I'm here to fulfill the ration quest?" he stated/asked.

He watched as the she shifted from a casual stance to a more commanding one. "Right follow me." she stated, turning and walking deeper into the kitchen itself; Riku quickly followed, only a stride behind her as she next spoke.

"Do you have any experience cooking."

"I do, but I've never done so in bulk or at a...professional level."

"Good enough I suppose." she muttered lowly before speaking up. "Rations are meant for there nutrition value than there taste, so we allow low level adventurers and others that have an interest, come down here to help in order to meet the qouta and free up manpower for other tasks. You'll be making 40 of them after I show you how." she turned sharply to look up at him with a stern expression.

"Mess up, and you'll be spending the rest of the day washing the dishes than going anywhere near our food. Got it!?"

"Yes ma'am." Riku replied suddenly.

"Good. Now, watch everything that I do." She finished before turning, hands glowing a pale white before it disappeared and she started to prepare the food.

She started with a huge slab of meat from some creature. She spoke about her technique as she cut it into quick, measured slices. She placed each into a pre-made bowl of powdered seasoning and spices, then rested them inside a covered instrument, which quickly started to give off smoke through a port at the top. While that happened, she took out various grains and dried fruits, and with the ease of familiarity, she scoped them each into a bag, which partially sealed itself with a gentle run of her finger against it. In a few seconds, she the turned back to the smoker?, and cook out the cooked and smoked meat, placing it into the opened apart of the ration, then ran her finger to close it completely.

Turning to face Riku, she then spoke, " Catch all of that then? Let's see how you do."

(DC 25 to pass; magnitudes higher for efficiency)

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Cleaning up the mess (Closed)

Returning home from the guild after getting her report evaluated, Liana could feel the sun had reached mid-morning thus causing her to feel very lethargic. Reaching the house, she entered to find that Julrik hadn't washed his dirty crockery and cutlery after eating his meal. Moving to clean the dirty dishes, she thought more about the situation between Lord Eugene Rosenthal and Freja; was there any chance at all that she would accept his open advances after the things he did over the past few weeks? She shook her head as she concluded the scenario was futile based on the female elf's serious, upright personality and her experiences of harassment.

Doing a once over of the kitchen to make sure everything was clean, Liana headed to her room and drank a few mouthfuls from the current wine bottle. After finishing her small meal, she looked at the dress she'd borrowed from Hejlikka and wondered how she should go about returning it: placing it in front of her room, or telling her she could collect it when they next met? Deciding to put that thought in the back of her mind for now, she took her dress off and cleaned it - along with her body - and pondered over what she should do the next day. She could help at the CSD again, help clean the barracks again, or summon up the courage to actually start training her combat skills at the barracks.

Once the dress was completely washed, she wrung it out and hung it up to dry before yawning and heading to bed. Still undecided over what to do, she closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep - looking like a recently deceased corpse in the process.

[Late in the afternoon of the same day - Outside Freja Haljissen's house]

A well-dressed man in his late twenties, carrying a bouquet of flowers, knocked on the door of Freja's house with a somewhat nervous expression. The door opened, revealing a stern-faced female elf with her arms crossed in front of her - looking at the man at her door. Offering up the flowers with gentle and shy movements, the man smiled wryly before opening his mouth to speak:

"I heard I have caused you great distress, Miss Haljissen...Believe me when I say I did not intend to scare you..." He nervously glanced around, wary of any onlookers - even though he'd already had his bodyguard clear out the street before coming. "Would it be appropriate for us to converse inside, my lady? I feel we have much to discuss and - although it is pleasant to admire your beauty from such proximity - I fear the location would not be conducive to private matters." He smiled in gentle politeness with the bouquet of flowers still held out.

"..." Freja stared at the man for a while, before looking at the bouquet. Carefully taking the bouquet from the man, she stepped inside her house and motioned for him to follow, "Then, let us talk. I have many questions concerning recent matters, Lord Rosenthal. Questions I am struggling to find answers to on my own."

"Of course! I am willing to answer as best I can, my lady." Lord Rosenthal gave a gentlemanly bow that matched the etiquette of a well-bred nobleman and gracefully followed the female elf inside with a relieved smile on his face.

[OC: Liana, Freja Haljissen and Lord Eugene Rosenthal|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house, Freja's house|Word Count: 556]

[OOC: Three quarters full wine bottle changed to - half-full wine bottle]

X

Last edited:

Riku25

Quest: Cooking Rations (Open)

Riku found himself working his way back towards the Guild's main building and shortly after, being directed towards the kitchen, he took in the sight of the hive like activity going on within. Humans and...others, were preoccupied with the various pots and pans, cooking under the fires of those strange yet familiar versions of stoves.

Standing there idly brought attention from the those within, and it wasn't long until he was approached by a young woman slightly short than him.

"Afternoon sir, was there a particular reason for you being here?" she asked, her tone was light and curious, but it did habour a hint of urgency and impatience. Riku lifted up the quest sheet as he spoke.

"Yes, I'm here to fulfill the ration quest?" he stated/asked.

He watched as the she shifted from a casual stance to a more commanding one. "Right follow me." she stated, turning and walking deeper into the kitchen itself; Riku quickly followed, only a stride behind her as she next spoke.

"Do you have any experience cooking."

"I do, but I've never done so in bulk or at a...professional level."

"Good enough I suppose." she muttered lowly before speaking up. "Rations are meant for there nutrition value than there taste, so we allow low level adventurers and others that have an interest, come down here to help in order to meet the qouta and free up manpower for other tasks. You'll be making 40 of them after I show you how." she turned sharply to look up at him with a stern expression.

"Mess up, and you'll be spending the rest of the day washing the dishes than going anywhere near our food. Got it!?"

"Yes ma'am." Riku replied suddenly.

"Good. Now, watch everything that I do." She finished before turning, hands glowing a pale white before it disappeared and she started to prepare the food.

She started with a huge slab of meat from some creature. She spoke about her technique as she cut it into quick, measured slices. She placed each into a pre-made bowl of powdered seasoning and spices, then rested them inside a covered instrument, which quickly started to give off smoke through a port at the top. While that happened, she took out various grains and dried fruits, and with the ease of familiarity, she scoped them each into a bag, which partially sealed itself with a gentle run of her finger against it. In a few seconds, she the turned back to the smoker?, and cook out the cooked and smoked meat, placing it into the opened apart of the ration, then ran her finger to close it completely.

Turning to face Riku, she then spoke, " Catch all of that then? Let's see how you do."

(DC 25 to pass; magnitudes higher for efficiency)

Last throws > 29 - 86 - 50

This was not a moment for making mistakes for Riku. While he wasn't sure how she was able to do that flashy light thing, he knew basic cooking hygiene. Promptly and thoroughly washing his hands, he started on cutting the meat just as precisely as he had seen her do. Moving on to the other steps of the process, Riku had the ration measured and filled just in time for the meat to be taken out and add. Finishing the up, he then turn to the chef for her to evaluate his work.

She nodded curtly, though had a small smirk on her face, "Not bad at all, at least you have more common sense and dexterity than some of the trolls that I've seen doing this before, but why didn't you use the cleansing spell? It far more efficient than water?"

Riku replied sheepishly, though internally dreading and enthused by the confirmation of magic in this crazy world, "I don't know the spell."

"Huh," she stated simply, "since you did so well, finish up the rest of the Rations, and then come see me. I'll teach you." she finished, before turning and walking away towards those that where bussling around.

Riku couldn't stop the smile that came on his face at the thought of learning something so fantastical as magic. Maybe... There were some up sides to this kidnapping thing.

(Due to high magnitude roll >75, Rations take 30 mins irl. Riku impressed the young Chef lady; potential spell and magic?)

Riku25

Last throws > 29 - 86 - 50

This was not a moment for making mistakes for Riku. While he wasn't sure how she was able to do that flashy light thing, he knew basic cooking hygiene. Promptly and thoroughly washing his hands, he started on cutting the meat just as precisely as he had seen her do. Moving on to the other steps of the process, Riku had the ration measured and filled just in time for the meat to be taken out and add. Finishing the up, he then turn to the chef for her to evaluate his work.

She nodded curtly, though had a small smirk on her face, "Not bad at all, at least you have more common sense and dexterity than some of the trolls that I've seen doing this before, but why didn't you use the cleansing spell? It far more efficient than water?"

Riku replied sheepishly, though internally dreading and enthused by the confirmation of magic in this crazy world, "I don't know the spell."

"Huh," she stated simply, "since you did so well, finish up the rest of the Rations, and then come see me. I'll teach you." she finished, before turning and walking away towards those that where bussling around.

Riku couldn't stop the smile that came on his face at the thought of learning something so fantastical as magic. Maybe... There were some up sides to this kidnapping thing.

(Due to high magnitude roll >75, Rations take 30 mins irl. Riku impressed the young Chef lady; potential spell and magic?)

It took Riku a good hour to finish up the rest of the rations; time which he had spent zone out into daydreams of the 'unlimited POOOWWEEERR' he could possibly possess with magic. It was a giddy and heady thought, it might be enough to make up for the long day and his possible future captivity in this world. Bagging the last of the Rations, Riku washed up and started searching for the young chef.

He found her in the far corner, observing the work of a fellow chef as they prepared a meal, upon noticing him approaching she spoke, "Ah, finished already I see. And eager to learn how to not waste water?"

Riku chuckled at that and spoke, "I suppose I kinda am, though I do appreciate this, ah..." he paused.

Catching on, she supplied, "Adele."

Nodding, Riku continued, "Adele, yeah I guess I am excited to learn some magic for the first time."

"First time?" Adele asked, sounding surprised.

"Oh, ah." Riku cursed internally. Did he mess up due to his excitement? Was magic common place here? He hadn't seen anyone do anything special besides Adele. Damn it.

"Hey don't worry." she replied soothingly, while pulling them both away towards the corner. "It happens, and it'll be simple to help you pop for the first time." she finished while holding up her hand towards him, palm facing him.

Both nervous and excited, Riku placed his palm against hers and waited.

DC 90 due to [???]

Last throws > 69 - 22 - 22

(OOC: ummm, how lewd is too lewd? XD)

Bochi

Vicious' Little Problem [OPEN / @Bochi @ohko]

Honestly speaking, Vicious herself didn't see it as a problem. She wouldn't have started worrying about it if not for a certain Cautus colleague at work, who casually brought it up one day.

"Hey, V, how do you greet your survivors when you find them?"

The Liberi stopped in her tracks, still holding a can of beer.

"What do you mean, greet them?"

"Wait, so you say nothing at all?"

Faced with the nodding Liberi, the Cautus grabbed her head in dismay.

"You can't do that! Think of it this way. Those people just had a very traumatic experience. Then you show up with that face of yours, saying nothing to them at all. Can you blame them for trying to run away at first?"

"...Tsk. My face isn't that hideous."

"Have you looked in a mirror lately? Pocky can be excused, she's silent but polite. You on the other hand say absolutely nothing and just have this glare to your face the entire time. If we weren't friends I'd have dipped from the room long ago."

"Alright, fine..."

Now that she was confronted with it in the form of a paper-holding Okarin, Vicious started blushing. It was somewhat difficult for her to get the words out.

"Could you...help me think of a self-introduction two-liner?"

|Location: Tavern|

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Okarin shuffled awkwardly when they heard about Vicious's problem.

"A... a s-self introduction...?"

The slime person hesitated for a moment.

"Um, okay! I'll try my best! Since it's you... the way I would describe you..."

Okarin closed their eyes and thought about how they would describe the Liberi.

"Vicious is..." Their voice trailed off.

"Vicious is amazing."

"She's kind, nice, strong, and wonderful."

"She's... good at singing... and... and..."

"She's a beautiful bird... Wait! I mean... not beautiful beautiful... but amazing beautiful!"

"Like the kind of amazing that makes you stop breathing because they're so breathtaking on the battlefield."

"But she also makes me so scared! ...like it makes me terribly anxious!"

"She makes your stomach drop."

"And... and... I really like reading her quest reports. She's good at writing."

"She's really friendly, and weirdly nice to troublesome weaklings."

"She's a hero who saves people and... incredible... and... and..."

"Vicious is Vicious."

The slime person inhaled there, finally remembering to breath.

Okarin ran out of things to say, and they avoided eye contact awkwardly.

"Is that... a good enough... introduction...??" Okarin asked.

Bochi

Okarin shuffled awkwardly when they heard about Vicious's problem.

"A... a s-self introduction...?"

The slime person hesitated for a moment.

"Um, okay! I'll try my best! Since it's you... the way I would describe you..."

Okarin closed their eyes and thought about how they would describe the Liberi.

"Vicious is..." Their voice trailed off.

"Vicious is amazing."

"She's kind, nice, strong, and wonderful."

"She's... good at singing... and... and..."

"She's a beautiful bird... Wait! I mean... not beautiful beautiful... but amazing beautiful!"

"Like the kind of amazing that makes you stop breathing because they're so breathtaking on the battlefield."

"But she also makes me so scared! ...like it makes me terribly anxious!"

"She makes your stomach drop."

"And... and... I really like reading her quest reports. She's good at writing."

"She's really friendly, and weirdly nice to troublesome weaklings."

"She's a hero who saves people and... incredible... and... and..."

"Vicious is Vicious."

The slime person inhaled there, finally remembering to breath.

Okarin ran out of things to say, and they avoided eye contact awkwardly.

"Is that... a good enough... introduction...??" Okarin asked.

If the colour of a fire measured how hot it was, the Liberi's face could be used to toast sausages by now.

"Not that kind of self-introduction, Okarin! Mou! I'm nervous enough as it is...I'll accept the flattery, though."

Smacking her own cheeks lightly to get the blood flowing again, the Liberi calmed down in order to explain better.

"Sometimes, when I'm involved with disaster relief work, I come across survivors stranded in the rubble. But they tend to run away if I don't say anything...and that makes my job harder. A colleague suggested that I provide a simple introduction of myself in order to put them at ease, like how the others do it. It sounds pretty cool too."

She cupped her chin in one hand.

"If it'll help, I'll try to provide an example of how my acquaintances would do it, then we'd go from there...sounds like a workable idea?"

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
A Hand Above A Hand ( Closed )

The door creaked as its handle twisted, revealing an empty space it blocked from entering the inner part of the build. A figure stood in front of it before looking inside. The inner room was strangely empty, saved for some minor decoration and books on the dust-free shelves.

As if the light dictated the movement, the rhythm of the candlelights oddly matched the footsteps of the figure. She walked in and sat on an opposite end of the other figure, whose face was concealed under the guise of an easy-going expression.

"Miss Luna... We are glad to receive your presence. Here, please enjoy the special feast we had prepared for you. Also, congratulation for your promotion!" The table was quickly filled with various kinds of food, ones that even some wealthy merchants could never hope to even see.

As expected, the maids and butlers serving the food seemed to be absent-minded, walking and speaking like lifeless objects. Other than the bodyguards standing behind the Branch Leader, everyone else was as weak as a chicken, excluding Luna and the Leader.

"This time, I only had two requests." After our little feast, Luna spoke in her soft voice, but she did not reveal any fake emotions, and only indifference remained in the room.

"Hmm... Speak up, agent." Knowing the seriousness of the situation, the curtains of the room gradually closed, and the doors clicked, indicating that they had been locked. A field of magic blossomed and enveloped the room, sealing it from the outer interference.

"First, can you open it?" In her hand was a beautiful chest, sealed by a strange magical formation. It was the chest that Luna found during one of her treasure hunting events. The one that she could not see through and tried to open, but failed in the end.

"Go call out our specialist, please." Waving his hand, he sent one of his bodyguards out. The footsteps disappeared completely after the door was shut close. However, before long, a series of knocking resounded, and the door once again squeaked. Now, two figures walked into the room, the previous bodyguard and another person.

The man, cloaked in glowing magical robe, bowed to the Leader and strolled towards me. He asserted Luna's appearance before shifting his gaze towards the chest. It took him a full minute before he started to move, caressing the surface of the chest and doing various surface experiments on it.

"Miss... This chest, if I'm not mistaken, is beyond my capability, sadly. Its origin, according to its design and the formation sealing it, must be from the distant past." Not willing to explain more, the specialist moved back and placed the chest back in its place. He was frustrated that he could not solve the mystery of the chest.

However, before he left, the man sent his business card to Luna. He was interested in the chest, and would contact her in the near future to take a closer look at it.

"Then, Miss Luna, anything else?" Knowing that Luna had one more request, the Branch Leader spoke up as he swirled his wine glass. The fragrance diffused into the room as he slowly savoured its high-quality taste.

"Regarding the Spire Reef, I wished to know more about the Seven Pirate Kings." Placing a strange, shiny golden relic on the table, Luna began to ask a series of questions and gradually, gems and gold were plying up as time passed.

"Miss Luna, although you shouldn't be knowing this much, I'll be making an exception for you. You're special, you know that?" A maid walked in and handed a letter to the Leader. He only glanced at it once before stamping it using the prepared stamper. The red wax melted and revealed the strange symbol that resembled the Merchant Guild's symbol, but also different in some small textures.

"Here's your desired information. Remember, after reading about it, signed your name on the paper, and it will destroy itself. The secrecy of this deal must not be leaked, and any mistakes would result in a severe consequence." The Leader handed the letter to Luna and had the maids picked up all the gems and relics.

After a moment of silent, Luna excused herself and left the building. She never once asked about the Slime Horde, and the Leader also never intended to answer her questions. Why the Merchant Guild didn't prepare to leave? Only they would know...

OC: Solet' Luna, Scribel City's Merchant Guild Branch Leader. Location: The Merchant Guild

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

If the colour of a fire measured how hot it was, the Liberi's face could be used to toast sausages by now.

"Not that kind of self-introduction, Okarin! Mou! I'm nervous enough as it is...I'll accept the flattery, though."

Smacking her own cheeks lightly to get the blood flowing again, the Liberi calmed down in order to explain better.

"Sometimes, when I'm involved with disaster relief work, I come across survivors stranded in the rubble. But they tend to run away if I don't say anything...and that makes my job harder. A colleague suggested that I provide a simple introduction of myself in order to put them at ease, like how the others do it. It sounds pretty cool too."

She cupped her chin in one hand.

"If it'll help, I'll try to provide an example of how my acquaintances would do it, then we'd go from there...sounds like a workable idea?"

"Ah...... I see..." Okarin sounded strangely disappointed. "I guess... it wasn't good enough..."

The slime person struggled to smile, but it was a weak effort at best.

They squeezed their hands together and avoided eye contact.

"Um... yeah... sure...! It would be helpful to hear an example..."

Riku25

Quest- Night Watch (Open)

After hours of waiting, Riku felt the guild hall without receiving his reward for his first quest. It seemed no matter which world or universe you ended up in, the wheels of bureaucracy turned ever slowly. It seemed depending on how long these shifts were for this guard duty, he may have to find one of those 'shady side alleys' to sleep in.

Though honestly, he hardly felt exhausted. Despite the draining day he had, despite its nerve racking event, despite having worked, walked and stood for majority of it; Riku did not feel as fatigued as he would've in his real body. No, it was only until the sun had fully set did the boundless energy he felt started to tamper off. Riku knew that he definitely need to do some sort of testing of this body and its limits, but he first had to make sure he could eat a meal first and sleep in a proper bed.

[???] - (?? /??)

His walk towards the city's walls was cut short by the appearance of what he could only assume to be the barracks of the city guard. He didn't get far towards it before he was challenged by a sentry stationed outside it.

"Halt." He stated, "Identify yourself."

Riku did so, societal guidelines from his home had him bring up his arms unconsciously. "Riku Aburame, ahhhh... Adventurer for the guild. Sent here for a quest to be stationed for guard duty."

"Guard duty?" the sentry spoke. "You're a bit late for guard duty aren't you."

"A mix up at the guild had me forget the time, apologies." Riku answered.

"Yeah well, the captain has already started his patrol, but I suppose I could squeeze you in with a few of the lads on the south wall. Captain wanted that area covered for the next couple days."

Feeling that there was no longer any need to do so, Riku brought his hands down and asked," The south? Any idea what I'd need to keep an eye out for? "

The guard shrugged casually as he replied," Most of the monsters around here tend to be nocturnal. Just got to keep an eye for any that's particularly stupid to come to the walls and alert the rest of us. There's been word of a slime horde heading our way from the south east, so the captain wants all hands on deck. Which, is impossible since we've been lacking manpower. That means you, my late friend, are gonna be up all night keeping watch."

"Sleep is for the weak anyways" Riku muttered to himself before he asked the guard, "Any chance I could get a weapon and some armour?"

DC 80 & 90- due to neutral stance and lateness for job.

SHF Dice Roller

Min: 1

Max: 100

Number of Dice: 3

@Riku25, you rolled: 57, 46, 18
SHF Dice Roller

Min: 1

Max: 100

Number of Dice: 3

@Riku25, you rolled: 93, 59, 51

The guard gave Riku a hard look, before he replied, "The acquisition of city property is handled by the captain himself. If you wanted a weapon for the night, you would have been here early for your duty." he chastised before he continued with a tsked, "but we can't have you walking around on official duty looking like that now can we."

He went inside the barracks for a brief moment, before returning and throwing an a thick item at Riku. Catching it, he observed what the item was.

[leather vest-?]

"Now put that on, and held towards the south walls" The guard stated, pointing behind Riku as he continued, "Tell the boys Hook sent you, and you shouldn't have any problems."

Riku muttered a thanks as he started putting the armor, and began walking back the path he just came from; sighing at the fact.

Roll for encounter-
[USER=24416 said:
@Riku25[/USER], you rolled: 60

Bochi

"Ah...... I see..." Okarin sounded strangely disappointed. "I guess... it wasn't good enough..."

The slime person struggled to smile, but it was a weak effort at best.

They squeezed their hands together and avoided eye contact.

"Um... yeah... sure...! It would be helpful to hear an example..."

"No, that's not it, Okarin. I loved hearing you say that, and it makes me feel happy that you see me in such a positive light, but I can't go out and repeat that to strangers! It'll sound conceited coming from my own mouth, and besides, by the time I finished saying that to one person, I would have missed the opportunity to rescue two or three more. Self-introductions have to be short."

Giggling a little, her cheeks still a faint shade of pink, Vicious patted the slime on the head gently. Then she got around to thinking of an example...one particularly good one came to her head soon, along with the mental image of the person saying it. So the Liberi straightened up, held one hand in front of her chest, and mimicked her colleague's words with a smile.

"Vicious, Vanguard Operator. I will be your shield, your blade, your fortress. Very glad to meet you, stranger."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Okarin flushed upon hearing Vicious's example.

"Vicious, Vanguard Operator. I will be your shield, your blade, your fortress. Very glad to meet you, stranger."

That... That was so cool!

It made Okarin's slime core flutter softly to hear it.

The voice was important. If it wasn't Vicious saying it, it absolutely wouldn't work.

"That... That was perfect." Okarin whispered softly.

Bochi

...Pffft. We're not gonna get anywhere at this rate. Plus, I can't just copy a literal Oni's lines. She'll kill me if she ever finds out.

Laughing a little dryly to herself, Vicious caught Okarin in a hug and rubbed her head.

"The subject is a little unsuitable, though...Vanguards like me are more offensive oriented. That line's from a Defender colleague, whose job is literally to protect. Perhaps I should be thinking of an example amongst my Vanguard colleagues instead..."

Maybe I could pillage a line or two off Pocky messenger...naw, it doesn't fit. I don't have the charisma Boss does, so hers is out of the question...maybe I'll broaden the range to fellow attackers instead. Should I try for a wilder self-introduction? No, it doesn't suit me...

She ended up ditching the idea and decided to ask Okarin for her honest thoughts.

"Say, Okarin, what sort of personality do you think suits me more---serious, or casual?"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

...Pffft. We're not gonna get anywhere at this rate. Plus, I can't just copy a literal Oni's lines. She'll kill me if she ever finds out.

Laughing a little dryly to herself, Vicious caught Okarin in a hug and rubbed her head.

"The subject is a little unsuitable, though...Vanguards like me are more offensive oriented. That line's from a Defender colleague, whose job is literally to protect. Perhaps I should be thinking of an example amongst my Vanguard colleagues instead..."

Maybe I could pillage a line or two off Pocky messenger...naw, it doesn't fit. I don't have the charisma Boss does, so hers is out of the question...maybe I'll broaden the range to fellow attackers instead. Should I try for a wilder self-introduction? No, it doesn't suit me...

She ended up ditching the idea and decided to ask Okarin for her honest thoughts.

"Say, Okarin, what sort of personality do you think suits me more---serious, or casual?"

Okarin stiffened at being hugged and flushed a softer color.

C-Casual...

They squirmed in this position.

What if you said something like, ‘Who did this to you? Don’t worry, I’m gonna punch their face in...? Something something?

Bochi

Okarin stiffened at being hugged and flushed a softer color.

C-Casual...

They squirmed in this position.

What if you said something like, ‘Who did this to you? Don’t worry, I’m gonna punch their face in...? Something something?

"Casual, huh…"

Okarin's squeamishness did not escape the Liberi's gaze, and that got another quiet chuckle to herself. The little slime was rather forthright, and she appreciated it a lot. After all, the Liberi did not love beating around the bush or excessive masquerading, and being honest was something that she found attractive. It made conversation a lot easier.

...Should I do it?

Whilst considering Okarin's suggestion, Vicious ended up recalling a certain line from a certain Sniper. It had nothing to do with her problem, and probably wouldn't contribute too much to the conversation, but...being casual, was it? She could certainly try that.

Let's see. Speed is of the essence here---was what she said, correct? I haven't actually done this before, so here's hoping I don't mess it up.

"Then, another question if I may."

Quickly, Vicious released Okarin, then gently but firmly pushed her against the Tavern wall before stepping closer as well. The wood made a rather alarming 'don' sound as the Liberi slammed her upper arm into it, before using her free hand to lift Okarin's chin up slightly, lowering her own head to make eye contact. She leaned in, stopping just centimetres from the slime's head, and whispered.

"Haa...Do you have the guts to gaze upon Vicious' true face, my dear Okarin?"