Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Elaine (I) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"Seriously though, sorry about the trouble. I wasn't the one who did it but that must have left a serious mess behind."

"It's fine, it's fine. The only thing that really broke was the teacup anyway. The rest can be fixed, and I'm actually surprised that V managed to make a huge dent on that block of metal. More importantly, your recovery speed is...quite astounding. It's barely been a week."

"Oh, that's nothing. This body was always rather tolerant against injury, after all, and quite a battle maniac too. I took stock on everything present and most of her bones had broken at least once and healed back over the years. Some sort of medicine? I dunno. But I just lent my own regeneration factor to it and bam! Accelerated healing."

"Wait! I know you have a sturdy body and all, but don't start moving around so soon. At least lean on me for a bit."

"Maaa, okay. I'll accept it with thanks, then!"

Putting one arm over Sora's shoulder, Elaine slowly got up with her support. She took one step, two steps...

"Let's go out for a bit. You've been cooped inside here for quite a while, after all. Shall we have lunch in the courtyard?"

"What, it's already fixed? That was fast."

"Not really. You'll understand when we get there."

"So mysterious. Very well, I'll look forward to---"

Again, there was the sound of hurried footsteps which originated in the distance, getting gradually closer, and the door was tossed open. A little girl stuck her head in and Elaine blinked.

"Sei?"

"Ah, you're up, V? That's good news. And just in the nick of time, too. Someone got to the edge of the White River, collapsed, and asked for you by name. Something about passing you a letter."

"Huh. Collapsed? So they were injured? Where are they now?"

"They're been given an inn room near an apothecary, and Tai'Ge stayed behind to watch them in case it's a trick. I'm sorry if I ruined any plans, but could I trouble you to come down to Fuyu?"

Elaine stared at Sora, who nodded her head.

It looks like lunch was going to have to wait.

"Alright, let's go."

When Okarin awoke, they found themselves in a pleasantly decorated Eastern-styled room.

It was an unfamiliar bed — futon — but also incredibly soft and luxurious. The slime person had never experienced anything even remotely close to this before. Back in Scribel City, Okarin never felt comfortable renting a room in the tavern, and they were unfamiliar with the typical human luxuries.

It was so soft...

For a moment, Okarin wondered if they had died and gone off to somewhere else.

But then they sat up abruptly.

A flash of blue skin played in front of their eyes.

A dying oni.

The screams of a girl.

Okarin clutched their head painfully.

What happened?

They could barely remember it clearly.

There was a subtle noise at the door, and Okarin immediately sprang to their feet. The slime was instinctively distrustful. They fumbled around their cloak, searching for the cheap dagger that they had brought along with them from Scribel City.

But it was missing.

Okarin reached with their left arm to—

Wait.

Left arm.

Okarin didn't have a left arm.

They stared blankly the stump on their torso.

The door slid open and a heavy-set tiger let himself into the room.

"You're awake, it seems. How do you to feel?"

Okarin spun around, with distrust in their eyes and thinly-veiled alarm in her voice.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Tai'Ge. You collapsed by the river."

The name sounded vaguely familiar, but just barely.

The fog in Okarin's brain was incredibly annoying.

It was like having a memory at the tip of one's tongue, but being unable to recall it.

The slime person clutched their head.

"I could really use a bucket of water..." They mumbled.

But then Okarin's eyes shot wide open.

That girl! The lizard.

The girl whose screams were seared into Okarin's mind.

They just remembered it.

"The lizard! What happened to her?"

"...and... and... the oni! The monster!"

Without warning, Okarin shot forward a few steps and shoved the tiger against the wall.

The slime person was stronger than they looked.

*Bang* Their arm slammed loudly against the thin walls of the inn. (note: a kabedon!)

"What happened to them?"

There was a no-nonsense glare in Okarin's eyes.

Bochi

When Okarin awoke, they found themselves in a pleasantly decorated Eastern-styled room.

It was an unfamiliar bed — futon — but also incredibly soft and luxurious. The slime person had never experienced anything even remotely close to this before. Back in Scribel City, Okarin never felt comfortable renting a room in the tavern, and they were unfamiliar with the typical human luxuries.

It was so soft...

For a moment, Okarin wondered if they had died and gone off to somewhere else.

But then they sat up abruptly.

A flash of blue skin played in front of their eyes.

A dying oni.

The screams of a girl.

Okarin clutched their head painfully.

What happened?

They could barely remember it clearly.

There was a subtle noise at the door, and Okarin immediately sprang to their feet. The slime was instinctively distrustful. They fumbled around their cloak, searching for the cheap dagger that they had brought along with them from Scribel City.

But it was missing.

Okarin reached with their left arm to—

Wait.

Left arm.

Okarin didn't have a left arm.

They stared blankly the stump on their torso.

The door slid open and a heavy-set tiger let himself into the room.

"You're awake, it seems. How do you to feel?"

Okarin spun around, with distrust in their eyes and thinly-veiled alarm in her voice.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Tai'Ge. You collapsed by the river."

The name sounded vaguely familiar, but just barely.

The fog in Okarin's brain was incredibly annoying.

It was like having a memory at the tip of one's tongue, but being unable to recall it.

The slime person clutched their head.

"I could really use a bucket of water..." They mumbled.

But then Okarin's eyes shot wide open.

That girl! The lizard.

The girl whose screams were seared into Okarin's mind.

They just remembered it.

"The lizard! What happened to her?"

"...and... and... the oni! The monster!"

Without warning, Okarin shot forward a few steps and shoved the tiger against the wall.

The slime person was stronger than they looked.

*Bang* Their arm slammed loudly against the thin walls of the inn. (note: a kabedon!)

"What happened to them?"

There was a no-nonsense glare in Okarin's eyes.

The tiger narrowed his eyes, and regained his balance, brushing Okarin off. His voice took on a low, menacing tone.

"I wouldn't try anything funny if I were you, little slime. Sei brought both of you back to the city even though she wasn't clear of your affiliations, and had doctors check on both of you. I would not spit on her kindness."

Then he grinned and spoke in a much lighter tone.

"But I like your style. Your lizard companion is still sleeping after we found that just about every single bone in her body was broken, so we can't let you see her at the moment, if that's what you're asking. But she is in good hands. You're not exactly in peak health status either, so sit down. Sei will be back with the person you're supposed to deliver the letter to in a while. Meanwhile, welcome to the Winter City."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Okarin blinked a few times.

The tiger's words seemed to jog the slime person's memory.

"...This is... Fuyu... Machi...?"

Their tone was full of uncertainty, as if Okarin was trying to reassure themselves of the fact.

Memories were slowly getting restored in the right places.

—Letter.

There was a letter.

Okarin was supposed to deliver a letter to...

"Vicious!"

Their eyes suddenly widened as they made that exclamation.

"Vicious! I need to see Vicious!"

Okarin bolted for the door, completely disregarding the warning the tiger had given.

Truthfully speaking, Okarin had no idea where they were going... or where exactly this place was...

But Vicious was here, so Okarin didn't care!

Bochi

Okarin blinked a few times.

The tiger's words seemed to jog the slime person's memory.

"...This is... Fuyu... Machi...?"

Their tone was full of uncertainty, as if Okarin was trying to reassure themselves of the fact.

Memories were slowly getting restored in the right places.

—Letter.

There was a letter.

Okarin was supposed to deliver a letter to...

"Vicious!"

Their eyes suddenly widened as they made that exclamation.

"Vicious! I need to see Vicious!"

Okarin bolted for the door, completely disregarding the warning the tiger had given.

Truthfully speaking, Okarin had no idea where they were going... or where exactly this place was...

But Vicious was here, so Okarin didn't care!
Elaine (II) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"Oi, there's no need to rush. I told you that Sei's gonna be bringing her here any moment now, didn't I---"

The tiger shrugged in resignation as he saw that his words weren't getting through, thinking about following before the slime got lost in the streets of the Winter City. Turns out he didn't need to, especially after the door opened rather suddenly.

"And here she is---Hyah?!"

As it turned out, Sei had been a very fast messenger, for the person she'd gone to fetch was already standing outside the door as she unlocked it. So Okarin ended up running into the person at the very front---a rather familiar face---who stumbled backwards, her limbs still not quite stable.

"Whoa, V!"

Thankfully, the two waiting behind managed to catch Elaine together, and prevented her from falling over completely.

"Whew, that was a close one."

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Past Untold [Closed]

The candlelight flickered as the cool breeze caressed them. The wind passed through the gaps between countless bookshelves and gave dust a little lift. The particle reflected off the spark, creating an illusion of slow-falling rain inside the huge archive.

The underground archive, ancient in appearance and rich in history, was only guarded by one person, the Overseer. He sat there, inside the archive, all alone, all the time. With his supreme authority beneath only the Pope, he had everything at his fingertip, but he had never once ordered anything. As the eldest person within the entirety of the Holy Ground, even this generation's Pope would have to kneel down before him.

While the Overseer was enjoying his peace, a series of knocks echoed as the holy gate began to tremble, before it slowly creaked open. Another figure, cloaked in the supreme golden cloak, stepped in and looked at the archive with the absolute reverend. He bowed before the Overseer and remained in such position, until the Overseer slowly opened his eyes and gestured his hands.

"By the Primordial Light, this Pope has come to browse the archive. May the Overseer allows him." Although the Pope technically had a higher position of authority than the Overseer, the position of the Overseer was unchanging, but the position of the Pope was not, and in addition with the significance power he held, as well as the mere existence of his, his words were absolute and could dethrone the Pope at any given moment.

"I could sense the presence of our lord... Have you finished the preparation?" The words of the Overseer stunned the Pope before making him kneeled down and prayed in unending joy. It had been so long... so long since their lord had disappeared. If not for the disappearance of their lord, the demons would never be able to last this long.

"This Pope had finished the first phase, and if the Overseer wished to do so, we can begin the second phase right now." The Pope's voice was trembling, and he could barely think straight. The anticipation of the arrival of his lord was overwhelming his mind, and he could feel relief washing over him.

"Send out a team to find the scattered fragments of our lord. As long as the core awakened, the fragments would lead us to his true self." The Overseer spoke once again, and the Pope received his order with greatest enthusiasm. In the end, after telling the Overseer the detail of their plan, the Pope directly rushed out to prepare a team, not bothering himself to browse the archive anymore.

"Lord... The Palemoon Royalty... They're searching for something..." Thinking about the masterplan that almost collapsed the timeline, the Overseer felt slight fear and respect, towards both his lord and the beings of Palemoon.

As of now, he was the lone survivor of that war, the war of the infinite world, and the war that two highest order divinities fell.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Oi, there's no need to rush. I told you that Sei's gonna be bringing her here any moment now, didn't I---"

The tiger shrugged in resignation as he saw that his words weren't getting through, thinking about following before the slime got lost in the streets of the Winter City. Turns out he didn't need to, especially after the door opened rather suddenly.

"And here she is---Hyah?!"

As it turned out, Sei had been a very fast messenger, for the person she'd gone to fetch was already standing outside the door as she unlocked it. So Okarin ended up running into the person at the very front---a rather familiar face---who stumbled backwards, her limbs still not quite stable.

"Whoa, V!"

Thankfully, the two waiting behind managed to catch Elaine together, and prevented her from falling over completely.

"Whew, that was a close one."

As the door opened, Okarin went face first and collided into...

"Vicious!"

There was an odd shift in Okarin's tone of voice — almost half a degree higher — nearly a squeal — as if to convey their excitement.

Reflexively, the slime reach out with both arms to grab the Liberi's shoulders, but...

—Oh, the missing arm.

The recovery was a total failure.

The ostrich girl tumbled backwards, only to be caught by the two unfamiliar faces.

Vicious.

Vicious was...

Okarin was paralyzed with shock.

They had come all this way.

They had traveled all this distance to find Vicious.

They had stopped at nothing and left no stone unturned to get here.

All of a sudden, they didn't know what to say.

"Vicious."

Okarin whispered.

Bochi

As the door opened, Okarin went face first and collided into...

"Vicious!"

There was an odd shift in Okarin's tone of voice — almost half a degree higher — nearly a squeal — as if to convey their excitement.

Reflexively, the slime reach out with both arms to grab the Liberi's shoulders, but...

—Oh, the missing arm.

The recovery was a total failure.

The ostrich girl tumbled backwards, only to be caught by the two unfamiliar faces.

—Vicious.

Vicious was...

Okarin was paralyzed with shock.

They had come all this way.

They had traveled all this distance to find Vicious.

They had stopped at nothing and left no stone unturned to get here.

All of a sudden, they didn't know what to say.

"Vicious."

Okarin whispered.

"Oh, so she is really an acquaintance of yours then. Still, you'd better sit down, both of you, before---hey, V? V?"

The short-statured Seiryuu waved her hands in front of the Liberi, who was currently staring blankly. The Vanguard Operator lifted her hands to stare at the ruby ring on her ring finger.

In actuality, Elaine was looking into her current host's memories, and what she's learnt wasn't very pleasing at all.

I see. That's troublesome, alright. I'll see what I can do.

Having decided thus, the facial expressions got to work quickly. The Liberi staggered backwards slightly, lifting one hand to her forehead whilst closing her eyes in a manner reminiscent to a headache, and Sora who stood behind her quickly grasped her free arm and pressed a palm against her back to hold her steady. Then the two went over to the empty bed, and the Miko helped Elaine settle down. Then the Liberi spoke.

"Sorry, you're...Okarin, right? I was told you had a letter to deliver."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Oh, so she is really an acquaintance of yours then. Still, you'd better sit down, both of you, before---hey, V? V?"

The short-statured Seiryuu waved her hands in front of the Liberi, who was currently staring blankly. The Vanguard Operator lifted her hands to stare at the ruby ring on her ring finger.

In actuality, Elaine was looking into her current host's memories, and what she's learnt wasn't very pleasing at all.

I see. That's troublesome, alright. I'll see what I can do.

Having decided thus, the facial expressions got to work quickly. The Liberi staggered backwards slightly, lifting one hand to her forehead whilst closing her eyes in a manner reminiscent to a headache, and Sora who stood behind her quickly grasped her free arm and pressed a palm against her back to hold her steady. Then the two went over to the empty bed, and the Miko helped Elaine settle down. Then the Liberi spoke.

"Sorry, you're...Okarin, right? I was told you had a letter to deliver."

A flicker of confusion crossed Okarin's eyes.

"Vicious...?"

There was unfamiliarity in the slime person's voice.

"What happened to you? Why... why are you like this?"

There was subtly a darker glint in Okarin's eyes.

"Who did this to you?"

Bochi

A flicker of confusion crossed Okarin's eyes.

"Vicious...?"

There was unfamiliarity in the slime person's voice.

"What happened to you? Why... why are you like this?"

There was subtly a darker glint in Okarin's eyes.

"Who did this to you?"

"You mean the bandages? I tripped while climbing the stairs. Halfway near the top, and I rolled all the way down. Ahahaha~"

Thinking quickly, Elaine lied as naturally as she breathed. She ran her hands through her hair, straightening out the fronds, before trying for another smile. It came out better this time.

"Sorry, my head's still quite scrambled because of it, so I can't stick around too long...I hear the Guildmaster has something important to convey to me? Could I have it?"

She made a beckoning motion with her hand.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"You mean the bandages? I tripped while climbing the stairs. Halfway near the top, and I rolled all the way down. Ahahaha~"

Thinking quickly, Elaine lied as naturally as she breathed. She ran her hands through her hair, straightening out the fronds, before trying for another smile. It came out better this time.

"Sorry, my head's still quite scrambled because of it, so I can't stick around too long...I hear the Guildmaster has something important to convey to me? Could I have it?"

She made a beckoning motion with her hand.

Something felt... wrong...

Very wrong...

And Okarin couldn't quite place it.

Vicious was...

It wasn't right.

A deep furrow of concern crossed the slime's eyes.

"Where does it hurt?" They asked quietly.

"Can I look at it?"

Okarin took a step closer to the bed.

"I'm stronger than before."

"...I can help you."

Bochi

Something felt... wrong...

Very wrong...

And Okarin couldn't quite place it.

Vicious was...

It wasn't right.

A deep furrow of concern crossed the slime's eyes.

"Where does it hurt?" They asked quietly.

"Can I look at it?"

Okarin took a step closer to the bed.

"I'm stronger than before."

"...I can help you."
"It's okay, Okarin. Sora here already patched me up, and my metabolism is taking care of the rest. I'll be righter than rain in a couple days time."

Grimacing at what she was about to do, Elaine scooted over a little, allowing Sora to sit down right beside her on the tiny futon. Then the Miko leaned her head to rest gently on the Liberi's shoulder, grabbed her hand, and squeezed gently.

"V, what do you want to have for lunch later?"

It was somewhat an act, so Elaine laughed as she replied, similarly giving Sora's hand a little squeeze.

"Something sweet and sour would be nice...something cooked by hand would be superb."

"Great! I'll go snag some pork for the market after we're done. Can I trouble you to get the rice?"

"Hai, hai~ Okarin, why not join us for lunch? I'll be able to read the letter while we're preparing as well."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"It's okay, Okarin. Sora here already patched me up, and my metabolism is taking care of the rest. I'll be righter than rain in a couple days time."

Grimacing at what she was about to do, Elaine scooted over a little, allowing Sora to sit down right beside her on the tiny futon. Then the Miko leaned her head to rest gently on the Liberi's shoulder, grabbed her hand, and squeezed gently.

"V, what do you want to have for lunch later?"

It was somewhat an act, so Elaine laughed as she replied, similarly giving Sora's hand a little squeeze.

"Something sweet and sour would be nice...something cooked by hand would be superb."

"Great! I'll go snag some pork for the market after we're done. Can I trouble you to get the rice?"

"Hai, hai~ Okarin, why not join us for lunch? I'll be able to read the letter while we're preparing as well."

Okarin's core suddenly went cold.

The little act of affection didn't pass by the slime's eyes without notice.

"Who's that girl?" Their voice was full of distrust.

Almost immediately, Okarin decided that they didn't like that other girl.

Too many things were wrong.

It wasn't right.

Something was terribly wrong.

Okarin didn't trust the people at Fuyu Machi either.

Whatever had happened with Vicious, they were a part of it.

Worse case scenario, the beastmen at Fuyu Machi had done something to the Ostrich girl.

And if they had done something to hurt her...

The slimeperson's remaining hand tightened into a fist.

Okarin would never forgive them.

Bochi

Okarin's core suddenly went cold.

The little act of affection didn't pass by the slime's eyes without notice.

"Who's that girl?" Their voice was full of distrust.

Almost immediately, Okarin decided that they didn't like that other girl.

Too many things were wrong.

It wasn't right.

Something was terribly wrong.

Okarin didn't trust the people at Fuyu Machi either.

Whatever had happened with Vicious, they were a part of it.

Worse case scenario, the beastmen at Fuyu Machi had done something to the Ostrich girl.

And if they had done something to hurt her...

The slimeperson's remaining hand tightened into a fist.

Okarin would never forgive them.
Elaine (III) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"Ah, I haven't quite introduced you yet. No doubt you've already met Sei and Tai'Ge, but the charming little lady here is Sora. Shrine Maiden of the City of Eternal Night, capable cook, singer, and housewife. Also my little saviour who prevented me from becoming homeless."

Elaine stood up first, much more steadily this time, and now it was her who reached out a hand to pull the blushing Miko up.

"Wha---Hey, quit that! I did nothing of the sort! I just gave you a job in exchange for lodgings."

"And exactly how many people do you have staying in the Yato Shrine? Just me and occasionally the Shogun. I intend to repay that favour in full, you know?"

Chuckling, the Liberi ruffled the Miko's hair before turning back to Okarin with a smile.

"She's also quite a klutz, so occasionally I have to check that she doesn't accidentally burn the shrine down---meanwhile, she puts up with my antics and the occasional spar in the unholy hours of the morning. Fuyu sure has a talented little shrine maiden. Sei, could you get the door?"

The short girl standing near the entrance obliged, pulling the doors open.

"Alright, let's hurry up and buy ingredients so we can cook lunch as quickly as possibl---Woah! Hey, are you sure you're in the condition to pull that stunt?"

"It's my legs I broke, not my arms! Just hold on tight and I won't drop you. Probably!"

Elaine was giving Sora a piggyback ride as she started. At the door, she turned back to address Okarin.

"Let's go. The markets fill up quickly at this hour."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Ah, I haven't quite introduced you yet. No doubt you've already met Sei and Tai'Ge, but the charming little lady here is Sora. Shrine Maiden of the City of Eternal Night, capable cook, singer, and housewife. Also my little saviour who prevented me from becoming homeless."

Elaine stood up first, much more steadily this time, and now it was her who reached out a hand to pull the blushing Miko up.

"Wha---Hey, quit that! I did nothing of the sort! I just gave you a job in exchange for lodgings."

"And exactly how many people do you have staying in the Yato Shrine? Just me and occasionally the Shogun. I intend to repay that favour in full, you know?"

Chuckling, the Liberi ruffled the Miko's hair before turning back to Okarin with a smile.

"She's also quite a klutz, so occasionally I have to check that she doesn't accidentally burn the shrine down---meanwhile, she puts up with my antics and the occasional spar in the unholy hours of the morning. Fuyu sure has a talented little shrine maiden. Sei, could you get the door?"

The short girl standing near the entrance obliged, pulling the doors open.

"Alright, let's hurry up and buy ingredients so we can cook lunch as quickly as possibl---Woah! Hey, are you sure you're in the condition to pull that stunt?"

"It's my legs I broke, not my arms! Just hold on tight and I won't drop you. Probably!"

Elaine was giving Sora a piggyback ride as she started. At the door, she turned back to address Okarin.

"Let's go. The markets fill up quickly at this hour."

Okarin was silent.

They were motionless for the brief moment while the party started to collect itself.

"You're a terrible liar." Okarin muttered quietly under their breath.

What kind of person shatters so many bones falling down the stairs?

And Vicious — of all people?

They briefly met eyes with Tai'Ge as the entire group started to clear the room. Okarin felt red flags around Sora — the miko — but what about the others? Okarin wished to probe the others. How many people were involved with conspiracy?

Last edited:

Bochi

Okarin was silent.

They were motionless for the brief moment while the party started to collect itself.

"You're a terrible liar." Okarin muttered quietly under their breath.

What kind of person shatters so many bones falling down the stairs?

And Vicious — of all people?

They briefly met eyes with Tai'Ge as the entire group started to clear the room. Okarin felt red flags around Sora — the miko — but what about the others? Okarin wished to probe the others. How many people were involved with conspiracy?
Elaine (IV) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

Shortly after the small group exited the inn, the tiger excused himself, heading back to the guard barracks in Fuyu. Similarly, the dragon walked with Elaine and Sora for a while more before similarly excusing herself to return to her duties. By then the downsized party had almost reached the bustling market streets, and the two in front were frolicking and messing around, Elaine occasionally hopping around and Sora breaking down into giggles as she clung onto the Liberi's back and waved to beastmen passing by.

"Hey, that tickles! Quit it!"

"Only if you stop jerking about! I'm going to fall off!"

"Then hang on better! I'm going to start roof-hopping!"

"Nooo! *Laughing* My dress will get torn! At least wait until I'm not in my formal wear!"

Elaine chuckled evilly, but acceded to the request and didn't start climbing onto the roofs, much to the Miko's relief.

"Tonight, then?"

"Tonight what? You're going to wake the residents if you do it in Yato Shrine!"

"We'll figure something out! There's the long flight of stairs between Fuyu and Yato, no? I don't think anyone would be using it after midnight!"

Sora was currently stuck in a giggling fit on her position atop Elaine's back, and the two of them were making a lot of noise, drawing plenty of curious stares.

"Wait, so you're not going to let me get any sleep tonight? You monster!"

"Well, it's your fault for housing a monster! I'll teach you how to take a plunge as well."

"What sort of position even is that? I'm an amateur at it! I'll fall off!"

"Don't worry, I think I saw a large bedsheet in the storeroom earlier. It should do."

"Should do for what?!"

In actuality, the Liberi was suggesting that they refashion a large bedsheet and repurpose it into a makeshift parachute to use while skydiving off from the edge of the Eternal Night City, but the redness of the Miko's laughing face made it rather clear that her thoughts had gone rather awry. Then Elaine stopped and Sora carefully got off her back. They were before a smaller set of gates that were marked with a signboard: 市場.

"Whew! We're here. Let's split up to cover more ground before lunch hour starts! We'll meet back here in about...twenty?"

"Sounds good! V, could you get me some flour while you're buying rice? I'll make something special for dinner!"

"Hai, got it~ Oh, could you get some duck as well? Sanguine seems to have gotten addicted to it because I keep feeding it nothing but duck---look at this little rascal! Dropping in as soon as food is mentioned!"

On her arm perched the falcon she'd been raising, and of late it had gotten rather plump from all the food scraps it'd be fed with as it flew around the town. Sparing some seconds to rub it's head, Elaine whistled a few times and Sanguine took off once more, disappearing into another part of the city. Elaine laughed resignedly and turned back to the slimeperson.

"Well, that about settles the lunch ingredients---Okarin, do you want to wait here while the two of us procure the items? Or do you want to follow one of us?"

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Heist Against Time [ Closed/ @GDLiZy @Leegood ]

The pale moonlight reflected against the window, revealing two feminine figures inside the topmost room of the villa. Luna, after using Worm Magic to slightly modify the appearance of the substitute Merchant Guild had prepared for her, dressed both herself and the lady in identical clothing and instructed her some orders.

Watching as the figure melted into the darkness, Luna finally stepped out of her room and called out for Letianna to attend the Dance Party of the Count with her. Today was the day the Count would host the Dance Party, and it was also the day Luna carried out her infiltration.

Entering the carriage, Luna once again set up a magical formation to seal away all the gaps and blocked the interference. She then turned to face Letianna.

"When we arrive at the Dance Party, don't go wander off alone, and try to stick to me. Also, if something bad happens, and I disappear, immediately rush to the villa and leave the village by yourself, there is no need to worry about me." Showing a serious expression, Luna wished for Letianna to seriously listen to her.

Although she knew that the plan had almost no chance of failing, unless any extraordinary matter happened, she would not take any unnecessary risk.

Leegood

The pale moonlight reflected against the window, revealing two feminine figures inside the topmost room of the villa. Luna, after using Worm Magic to slightly modify the appearance of the substitute Merchant Guild had prepared for her, dressed both herself and the lady in identical clothing and instructed her some orders.

Watching as the figure melted into the darkness, Luna finally stepped out of her room and called out for Letianna to attend the Dance Party of the Count with her. Today was the day the Count would host the Dance Party, and it was also the day Luna carried out her infiltration.

Entering the carriage, Luna once again set up a magical formation to seal away all the gaps and blocked the interference. She then turned to face Letianna.

"When we arrive at the Dance Party, don't go wander off alone, and try to stick to me. Also, if something bad happens, and I disappear, immediately rush to the villa and leave the village by yourself, there is no need to worry about me." Showing a serious expression, Luna wished for Letianna to seriously listen to her.

Although she knew that the plan had almost no chance of failing, unless any extraordinary matter happened, she would not take any unnecessary risk.
"I'll make sure to follow you." Something might happen? would it be something bad? I wanted to ask but it seemed confidential so I just nodded This is a very serious nod I mildly wondered if she ate something that would make her to to the restroom but ended that line of thought. "Ah I wonder if they'll give the leftovers away to the servants after the dance party~" I almost drooled at the thought.

I think my book is safe at the villa, I made sure to hide it after all. "Miss should stay safe too." I think it's fine, I wonder if Miss luna's being paranoid?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"I'll make sure to follow you." Something might happen? would it be something bad? I wanted to ask but it seemed confidential so I just nodded This is a very serious nod I mildly wondered if she ate something that would make her to to the restroom but ended that line of thought. "Ah I wonder if they'll give the leftovers away to the servants after the dance party~" I almost drooled at the thought.

I think my book is safe at the villa, I made sure to hide it after all. "Miss should stay safe too." I think it's fine, I wonder if Miss luna's being paranoid?

With a nod, Luna started to go through the plan mentally, again and again, trying to shake off the strange feeling that she had. The two spent their time in silent, immersed in their thoughts.

Not long after the talk, the carriage slowed down and came to a halt. The knights spoke to each other before the door of the carriage was open, revealing a fantastic design of the mansion. The two had arrived at the Dance Party.

The place was bustling with excitement, and a loud yet soft melody was playing in the background, amplifying the fancy air of the event.

Luna let the guards escorted her into the hall, and along the way, she met many familiar faces. Most of them were nobles, but there were also some of the rich merchants mixed in the crowds. The luxurious atmosphere permeated the air, and the fragrance of high-quality feast and wines filled with the hall with a lively vibe.

"Miss Avios, it seems that fate has arranged our meeting once again." A lovely voice resounded as a figure approached Luna. Very quickly, Luna entered a conversation with Silver Coneslia, and she learnt that the Count usually appeared after the event had gone for a while, so Luna would have to wait for the right moment.

Leegood

With a nod, Luna started to go through the plan mentally, again and again, trying to shake off the strange feeling that she had. The two spent their time in silent, immersed in their thoughts.

Not long after the talk, the carriage slowed down and came to a halt. The knights spoke to each other before the door of the carriage was open, revealing a fantastic design of the mansion. The two had arrived at the Dance Party.

The place was bustling with excitement, and a loud yet soft melody was playing in the background, amplifying the fancy air of the event.

Luna let the guards escorted her into the hall, and along the way, she met many familiar faces. Most of them were nobles, but there were also some of the rich merchants mixed in the crowds. The luxurious atmosphere permeated the air, and the fragrance of high-quality feast and wines filled with the hall with a lively vibe.

"Miss Avios, it seems that fate has arranged our meeting once again." A lovely voice resounded as a figure approached Luna. Very quickly, Luna entered a conversation with Silver Coneslia, and she learnt that the Count usually appeared after the event had gone for a while, so Luna would have to wait for the right moment.
"You there, bring 2 of this and that over" A waitress nodded and brought over the snacks "I'll have to test if it's to the lady's taste." I wonder if I'm being too greedy, though the maid's face seems to say that this is normal, maybe visiting nobles have their servants poison taste first?

I thanked the waitress and secretly munched on the snacks in a ladylike manner I wonder what Miss luna had planned, I'll just stick with her for now unless the plan changes. I was mildly listening to Luna and the nobles converse with each other, the sentences they spoke to each other were quite wordy.

Ah well "Indeed, that over there, and that, can you pack it up?" I was trying to gather snacks/meals for the return home, Though the butler who's very nice seems to have a red face, does he have a fever? I did not ask since he would do what I kindly asked of him with no question.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"You there, bring 2 of this and that over" A waitress nodded and brought over the snacks "I'll have to test if it's to the lady's taste." I wonder if I'm being too greedy, though the maid's face seems to say that this is normal, maybe visiting nobles have their servants poison taste first?

I thanked the waitress and secretly munched on the snacks in a ladylike manner I wonder what Miss luna had planned, I'll just stick with her for now unless the plan changes. I was mildly listening to Luna and the nobles converse with each other, the sentences they spoke to each other were quite wordy.

Ah well "Indeed, that over there, and that, can you pack it up?" I was trying to gather snacks/meals for the return home, Though the butler who's very nice seems to have a red face, does he have a fever? I did not ask since he would do what I kindly asked of him with no question.

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen. Count Kalbius Malkeyer has arrived!" A voice captured the attention of everyone within the room, and soon, a round of thunderous applause resounded as a handsome man donned in a silky red coat descended from the stair, accompanied by many high-ranking nobles and beautiful maids.

"Ah, the famous Red Count. I wish I could find someone as great as him to be my fiancé." After some probing, Silver spilt all her information to Luna, and she managed to learn that the Count was once an A-ranked adventurer, and also had some ties with countless connections, including the Royalty of the Holy Human Empire, as well as the Merchant Guild.

These were all common knowledge of the empire, but it proved useful to Luna, as she knew a little more about the hidden scene of Tonia.

"Would you like to go to meet him?" Silver asked Luna excitedly. After all, if anyone could catch the attention of the Count, then their life would change overnight. Although no one had done it before, it didn't hurt to try once.

"We could take a step closer to him, and observe from the distance. I don't think that we could get close to him, as it would be seen as improper." Their noble family ranking was low, and it was unrealistic for them to meet Red Count up-close. However, Luna decided to use this opportunity to swap place with the substitute and began her plan.

Luna needed to lose Letianna, so that she could proceed with her plan without any worry.