Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
@ohko
For a region, I was thinking how about a region set in mountanious foresty region where there are lots of monsters but just few villages. Basically you would open a guild there to hunt the monsters.
Why? For magical hide and materials and money. Officially to keep check on monster numbers to prevent them from overrunning the civilized world.
*Full monster hunter mode*
I'm on board for it if you have characters find the area IC in a quest report! I think this sounds very similar to the plot that @Bochi was going for in their Fuyu Machi region though.

The rough criteria for a new region are:
  • Should be a biome / setting that doesn't already exist, and has its own unique monsters.
  • The guild needs a clear and convincing reason to establish a branch there.

If the region is very far away from Scribel, I think you would have a hard time convincing @GM and others why Scribel City should care about all these monsters in the wilderness very far away.

Perhaps the magical hide might be interesting, but is it worth setting up a whole guild branch for a handful of generic "subjugate monsters" quests?

From an OOC perspective, I think subjugation quests (e.g. "kill slimes" "kill worms" "kill rhinos") eventually get boring unless there's something special to make it slightly more interesting. So a little bit more thought needs to be put there!
If you get a chance, maybe check out the quest reports in this series? Both @Bochi and @Epsil are working on developing this into a region.

The setting also seems to be some kind of forest-y mountain, perhaps with a lot of monsters that are going to attack the village/mountain.

The idea seems similar, so maybe there's a way to develop these together further?

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I'm on board for it if you have characters find the area IC in a quest report! I think this sounds very similar to the plot that @Bochi was going for in their Fuyu Machi region though.

The rough criteria for a new region are:
  • Should be a biome / setting that doesn't already exist, and has its own unique monsters.
  • The guild needs a clear and convincing reason to establish a branch there.

If the region is very far away from Scribel, I think you would have a hard time convincing @GM and others why Scribel City should care about all these monsters in the wilderness very far away.

Perhaps the magical hide might be interesting, but is it worth setting up a whole guild branch for a handful of generic "subjugate monsters" quests?

From an OOC perspective, I think subjugation quests (e.g. "kill slimes" "kill worms" "kill rhinos") eventually get boring unless there's something special to make it slightly more interesting. So a little bit more thought needs to be put there!
If we are going full monster hunter mode, the quests would be,
  • kill that scary big monster that can basically one shot you. (not slimes, more like 5 meter tall super angry magical gorillas)
  • trap that scary big monster for research.
  • Mine special ore found in this monster infested region
  • Collect herbs found in this monster infested region
  • Steal some eggs of this scary big monsters
  • Raise and tame one of these scary big monsters
  • Divert this unstoppable elder beast using artillery and multi-people raids
  • Explore the mostly unknown areas of this region
  • Setup outposts
  • Keep a watch from the outposts
  • wreck the plans of this evil cult who have fled from civ and are planning there big evil plan here
  • Ensure safe trade between two locations that can only be easily reached by going through this totally deadly mountains
  • Negotiations with all the Village chiefs

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Hoh, so that's what both of you see? Then..."

Ego swept her hands over the pages and the image changed once more. The trees in the picture vanished, leaving stumps where they once stood. The little girl disappeared, and in her place now stood a knight in full armour, kneeling over a bear lying on the ground.

"What about now?"
I have to say, at first I thought that the bear ate the little girl, and years later, the knight discovered the culprit and came to kill the bear, then finally grieved over his mistress' demise.

However, I think that it's too brutal so I changed it slightly. :blob_no:

Zoey

Mustachu
I have to say, at first I thought that the bear ate the little girl, and years later, the knight discovered the culprit and came to kill the bear, then finally grieved over his mistress' demise.

However, I think that it's too brutal so I changed it slightly. :blob_no:
I thought the girl was a yandere who trained as a knight so she could kill her love, the bear.
Don't ask about the trees stumps though I have no clue about that.

LazyLonduf

If we are going full monster hunter mode, the quests would be,
  • kill that scary big monster that can basically one shot you. (not slimes, more like 5 meter tall super angry magical gorillas)
  • trap that scary big monster for research.
  • Mine special ore found in this monster infested region
  • Collect herbs found in this monster infested region
  • Steal some eggs of this scary big monsters
  • Raise and tame one of these scary big monsters
  • Divert this unstoppable elder beast using artillery and multi-people raids
  • Explore the mostly unknown areas of this region
  • Setup outposts
  • Keep a watch from the outposts
  • wreck the plans of this evil cult who have fled from civ and are planning there big evil plan here
  • Ensure safe trade between two locations that can only be easily reached by going through this totally deadly mountains
  • Negotiations with all the Village chiefs
I feel like since the mountain had that shinto japan vibe, I'm thinking about making the existence of kami-s (神) a thing, perhaps there are river kamis, sword kamis, grass kamis, food kamis, etc, and you can gain their blessing/protection instead of from the otherworldly gods that doesn't really do anything in the scribel temple.

You could expand into yokai-s and stuff, instead of it being just a description of something harmful and supernatural, it could be a new kind of monster?

Himekawa

Although to be honest, I want a Quest Board in the Holy Human Empire that is all about sabotaging stuff, explosions, and causing chaos as part of the rebels.

:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

But if the guild won't back it, then it's a non-starter. :blob_happy:
How about making two guild then? Like there are adventurers who is disgusted enough (including the higher ups) that they end up making a clone of the guild.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
About the East of Scribel City, now that people are talking about it— I wanted to introduce an ancient ruin as a new region: an exploration-focused region! How about that? :blob_nom:

I'll make it so that the ruin would mysteriously shift at an unpredictable rate and pace, meaning that if the adventurers came in a group, there's a chance that they will be separated when entering a new room. Also, this would make the canonical structure of the ruin fluid, so that everyone could enter any room and found something new, exciting, and unique!

The biome within the ruin would be anything you wanted, as the ruin, powered by great magic, functioned like an intersected pathway where many worlds linked! And, to add a sense of progression, there will be an inner part of the ruin, which will be opened to the adventurers went enough artefacts were collected, in this case, as long as the reports numbered up to, let say, 75 reports, then the inner ruin would be opened!

What do you think? Just a random idea I had.

Vanus

This trope of "escaping death from the race supremacist into another world" is getting out of hands. Even my character also escaped from the church of pureblood human supremacist. :blob_popcorn_two:
I'll have to even it out by being a human supremacist!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
How about making two guild then? Like there are adventurers who is disgusted enough (including the higher ups) that they end up making a clone of the guild.
Mhm the only problem is that it would be hard to rationalize how characters might be members of both guilds, or why receptionists work for both, etc.

I think at this point, I think we still should be able to get things to work as a single guild. Even @Generic.Archdemon has ideas, right?

About the East of Scribel City, now that people are talking about it— I wanted to introduce an ancient ruin as a new region: an exploration-focused region! How about that? :blob_nom:

I'll make it so that the ruin would mysteriously shift at an unpredictable rate and pace, meaning that if the adventurers came in a group, there's a chance that they will be separated when entering a new room. Also, this would make the canonical structure of the ruin fluid, so that everyone could enter any room and found something new, exciting, and unique!

The biome within the ruin would be anything you wanted, as the ruin, powered by great magic, functioned like an intersected pathway where many worlds linked! And, to add a sense of progression, there will be an inner part of the ruin, which will be opened to the adventurers went enough artefacts were collected, in this case, as long as the reports numbered up to, let say, 75 reports, then the inner ruin would be opened!

What do you think? Just a random idea I had.
I think it's cool!

If you can brainstorm what the questboard would look like -- that would be helpful, especially if the ruin was constantly shifting.

Otherwise it might be tough to come up with quests.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I think it's cool!

If you can brainstorm what the questboard would look like -- that would be helpful, especially if the ruin was constantly shifting.

Otherwise it might be tough to come up with quests.
Something something about rumours regarding the ancient ruin which contained great artefacts— Used to slay strong monsters and ungodly beings from the myth ( Tied in with the Hydra and Gelderholm storyline ). In the constant yet gradually losing war against the hydra, we adventurers, in order to keep a constant supply of weapons, or even find a sliver of hope to put an end to the century-long war, had to dive into the mysterious ruin of unknown origin and purpose, to unearth great treasures to hopefully fight off against the Hydra.

Just some motivation, and also, ruin=money=adventurers' dream.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Something something about rumours regarding the ancient ruin which contained great artefacts— Used to slay strong monsters and ungodly beings from the myth ( Tied in with the Hydra and Gelderholm storyline ). In the constant yet gradually losing war against the hydra, we adventurers, in order to keep a constant supply of weapons, or even find a sliver of hope to put an end to the century-long war, had to dive into the mysterious ruin of unknown origin and purpose, to unearth great treasures to hopefully fight off against the Hydra.

So it sounds like you're thinking just one vague open quest and players can decide how they want it to go?

And they can repeat it as much as they want?

Quaesitor

Careful though - a dream might turn out to be a nightmare.

Okay! I vote for rust monsters that eat/destroy metal equipment!

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
So it sounds like you're thinking just one vague open quest and players can decide how they want it to go?

And they can repeat it as much as they want?
Well, it's an ancient ruin after all. It functioned as a dungeon, so there shouldn't be any established storyline from the get-go. After all, things we unearth would tell their story for us.

In the end, maybe it would turn into something else. The prison for the world-ending dark lord? An inheritance ground of a strong wizard? Or just a ruin of an ancient civilization? Only the survivors of the ruin could live and tell us its history.

Quaesitor

Well, it's an ancient ruin after all. It functioned as a dungeon, so there shouldn't be any established storyline from the get-go. After all, things we unearth would tell their story for us.

In the end, maybe it would turn into something else. The prison for the world-ending dark lord? An inheritance ground of a strong wizard? Or just a ruin of an ancient civilization? Only the survivors of the ruin could live and tell us its history.
Or perhaps the laboratory of a wizard that didn't enjoy being attacked by angry mobs of peasants with torches and pitchforks?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Sure! In that case! I think the Custom Quest Board should probably be able to handle it then! ^^ No need for a regional board!

Even @Generic.Archdemon has ideas, right?
there are so many options, but I want something really spicy!!! and that means we have to make the holy empire into something.... different then the first thing come to mind...
But I am working on something else, I want to play with the idea, from the library entry of prison

As one of the oldest constructions, and most damaged one, the prison remained standing since the very first day of the city creation.

I want to try and hook that lore with the empire...

kukukukukuku!