Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

This is it. The first chance I have to test my combat skills. Goblins are not strong, but they are cowardly and numerous. So I have to expect a battle in which I am outnumbered. I could try whittling them down with my sling, but they might just run away, my aim is bad, and if they attack me while I still have my sling equipped... yeah, don't want that. But that's enough talk about combat for now. It is time to get going.

It seems like goblins are usually found in the forest, so I start jogging northwards towards the forest. All of my equipment is with me, I got a couple of rocks I can use, and the weather is good! But still, I can't help but feel uneasy... will I get hurt? Injured? Perhaps even die? What if I get into an ambush? So much can go wrong... so I have to be extra careful.

I pass the distance to the forest quickly but don't enter it directly. Instead, I walk along its border for a while, hoping to spot some small group of goblins - without luck. After walking for some more, I finally give up - I had hoped it'd be easy, but it seems like I have to face the risk of entering the forest.

With a heavy heart, I finally enter the forest, ready to draw my weapon at the slightest sign of danger. The minutes pass slowly as I slowly proceed deeper into the forest, carefully scanning every inch of ground before I step onto it, and avoiding any place where I might be ambushed. Onwards, and onwards... until I suddenly spot a group of three goblins, which spots me at the same time.

They are 3, meaning the exact number I need. And it seems they want to fight me too. Their weapons... a crappy spear, a rusty sword, and a frail shield, as well as a sling. Well... this is it. Time to fight. After all, if I don't fight now, when will I? The goblin with the sling tries to hit me with a rock but misses, and I draw my blade and enter the Day's Guard. The two goblins with melee weapons carefully advance towards me, guarded against any attacks I might do. The goblin with the sling tries to hit me again, but I manage to sidestep the rock. Have to get rid of him.

I dash behind a tree, hidden from the goblins which give chase, and go low as I run towards the sling goblin in a circle, hidden behind some undergrowth. Then, as I am near where the sling goblin should be, I break out of the undergrowth - only to see the sling goblin a distance away. Must've taken precautions. A stone whirrs through the air directly next to my face. As I quickly glance to the left, I can see the goblin with a spear rushing in an attempt to block the way between me and the sling goblin. Too late.

I start sprinting towards the sling goblin, which turns and tries to run towards the other goblin - but I catch up to it before they manage to reach one another and impale it with a thrust of my sword as I lunge forward. A quick twist and I pull the blade back, kicking the dying goblin away for good measure as I turn towards the goblin charging at me - that immediately comes to a halt upon noticing his ally's death and regroups with the other goblin before moving to pincer me.

What should I do...? Charge one? The distance between them isn't that far apart, the other would stab me in the back. Right. Start circling now before it is too late. While they try to pincer me, I start to circle around one of them and away from the other, trying to keep myself from getting pincered. Not the best action for sure, but better than nothing. Gotta break their cohesion somehow... baiting might work.

I continue circling around the goblin for a bit more - the goblin being the spear one - and then proceed to drop my guard into the fool's guard with my sword off to the right whilst slightly out of his range with the other goblin a distance away. The bait works and the trap is sprung. He tries to stab me but I twirl my sword to the left vertically in a circle, easily knocking aside the spear of the physically far weaker goblin and using the rebound to start a stab, successfully piercing the goblin's throat. Great. That one is gonna bleed out soon. The other is near and, as it sees its ally slowly drop to the ground, starts to retreat - not on my watch!

I kick the spear goblin's weak body aside and charge at the goblin armed with a sword and shield whilst entering the Day's guard. This is where my range and physical advantage comes into play. Whilst still out of the goblin's range but as it is within my range, I perform a full-power Zornhau, crushing the crappy shield it raises in defense and cutting deep into its head while its sword pitifully fails to reach me. And with this, I have killed the final goblin. I tremble, contain my shout of joy and jubilation, and ease the terror and fear I felt through the whole fight. One wrong move and I'd be dead now. But I won. I won!

Giggling to myself like a madman, I collect their ears and return to the guild, handing them in along with my report.
*.*) *Laughter attracts entire goblin raiding party*

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to rope one new person in!! Help me out please))