Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Vanus

QUEST: COOKING RATIONS - NEEDS EVALUATION

Last throws > 29 - 86 - 50

This was not a moment for making mistakes for Riku. While he wasn't sure how she was able to do that flashy light thing, he knew basic cooking hygiene. Promptly and thoroughly washing his hands, he started on cutting the meat just as precisely as he had seen her do. Moving on to the other steps of the process, Riku had the ration measured and filled just in time for the meat to be taken out and add. Finishing the up, he then turn to the chef for her to evaluate his work.

She nodded curtly, though had a small smirk on her face, "Not bad at all, at least you have more common sense and dexterity than some of the trolls that I've seen doing this before, but why didn't you use the cleansing spell? It far more efficient than water?"

Riku replied sheepishly, though internally dreading and enthused by the confirmation of magic in this crazy world, "I don't know the spell."

"Huh," she stated simply, "since you did so well, finish up the rest of the Rations, and then come see me. I'll teach you." she finished, before turning and walking away towards those that where bussling around.

Riku couldn't stop the smile that came on his face at the thought of learning something so fantastical as magic. Maybe... There were some up sides to this kidnapping thing.

(Due to high magnitude roll >75, Rations take 30 mins irl. Riku impressed the young Chef lady; potential spell and magic?)

1. Arrived at the appointed location
  2. Followed the instructions of chef Adele in creation of Rations
  3. Promptly completed task in an efficient manner
  4. Absolutely nothing else of note happened. Definitely nothing.
[/QUOTE]OOC: please add the quest that you take as a quote to the top of the actual report.
IC: "Meh everything seems to be in order mister. Though I don't know why she is surprised you don't know cleaning magic I mean many people can't even use the stuff. You must have some magical scent to you or something oh well passed." AIEO places the rewards on the table for him to collect.
REWARDS:
Money: 10 G
Other: 5 rations and 1/3 of the token for use of the kitchens at "any" time.

Vanus

"Watchtower?" Mei said.

"Yes... supposedly there is a watchtower in the forest. The guild wants you to go there and investigate it." The receptionist said.

"Not old guard tower?"

"As far as we know, no. We haven't got the guards' response about this matter either."

"What should mei look for?"

"Well... If there are any surviving documents, bring it to me. We want to know why the watchtower is located in the middle of the forest, to be honest. Anything that can explain the origin of the watchtower should be useful. Other than that, I want you to look if it is unused or not recently, outside of the previous group.

The woman then continued, "Any other questions, Mei?"

"Borrowing bag."

"Ah, okay." The woman then crouched down behind her desk, and took out a bag. "Here it is. Safe travel Mei."

Taking the bag, she nodded at the woman and left.

+++

Arriving at the edge of the forest, she levitated. The report stated that the tower stood higher than the trees. Therefore, she took a bird-eye view of the forest. The tower should be noticeable with it being made of stone. So, she was looking for something greyish, in the middle of small clearing.

There it was. Something jutted out from the sea of trees. Setting her course, she flew there.

The tower looked like a part of it was crumbling. It should be safe, mei thought, as the damage was located on the highest part of the tower, which give her a way of entry from above. She set course to land on the crumbling part.

Wooden planks lined the flooring. From where she was, she thought that she could see a hint of window on the crumbling wall, as there was a clean cut of L-shape on the wall. She looked around, and found nothing except the broken flooring that let her peer downward. As she found nothing, on the place, she went down.

The floor below was still made of wooden flooring and stone wall. Unlike the topmost floor, she found the support beam for the flooring on this floor. She wondered how people went to the floor above. Inspecting the walls gave her the clue, as there was a rubble on one corner of the wall. It was probably a remnant of the staircase that was there once. There was animal skin being laid on the floor, probably for bedding of those who was here. but she don't know if the animal skin was from the previous adventurer or older. She put one of them on the bag, thinking that there probably someone who could identify it.

Rummaging around, she found a few parchment, though she couldn't identify what was written on that at all, if any. As it was the point of interest of the receptionist, she put those in the bag. Perhaps, she should also bring a stone that made the wall, in case they could get a clue from it. Taking a piece of the crumbling wall, she put it in her bag.

As for the remaining items in the room, a few dried leaves was there, as well as a rat corpse. She thought that there was no more item of interest that she could take, so she continued to the ground floor.

The ground floor was similar to the second one, though this one had more or less intact stairs that someone could use to go above. Similarly, the flooring was made of wooden plank. As for the item of interest, perhaps the hanger on the wall would be some interest? But what kind of item was hanging there she did not know. There was also a few barrel made of wood, though it had rotted and had mushrooms grew from it. The place felt damp, to be honest.

Other than the door leading outside, she guessed that it was unremarkable at all.

She wondered. This tower was empty enough. But it was located in the middle of the forest. Was this tower built first before the forest reached this far, as the outpost for those who worked here? Or was it made after the forest was already here? If then, how did the guild not have a record of it? Should she ask the guard if they made this tower?

Whose tower is it? she wondered. She believed that this tower couldn't be considered a watchtower. Its surrounding was already a forest. How frustating, that she did not know the history of this place. Why was this tower built?

Once more, she started to inspect the tower, trying to find what she did miss. Inspecting the ground floor yielded some result, as there was a trapdoor that leads to a cellar under. The cellar was fully made of stone; stone wall and flooring. Like before, she could see crates inside made of wood, and stacked barrel that held some kind of liquid. It was probably food storage. Nothing else stuck out to her, so she left.

Perhaps one thing of note is that the bolt that barred the tower's door was still useful. So this could be used for adventurer looking for respite in the forest.

As for purpose, she couldn't divine it, nor she could find a hint of it. All that was found was the parchment that she couldn't make a head of tail of, and the location. For location of the tower, she believed marking it on the map would work.

With that, she left.
"Everything stands to reason it's probably some criminals bolthole and the base is made from stones in case of a forest fire or some such. Good work marking it. Otherwise it likely would have rotted away or burnt down by now I'm sure." AIEO pulls out her map and adds the thing to it.
REWARDS:
Money: 15 G

Epsil

Un-appraised
I had just relaxed against the wall when the thing became unbalanced I definitely needed more dangerous and toxic air for this to be pulled off though I did not like the thought of going into the sewers in such a weakened state I'd definitely have to be faster than last time though luckily this time I actually have a dagger that I can use rather than the arrow that I had last time. After I recovered I quickly went into the guild hall got the quest and dissapeared my way rapidly off to the sewers.

Upon arriving at the sewers I began to sing a battle hymn in High Gothic.
Factus sum sicut princeps me, non est anima mea,
Est enim os meum ad pectus seu in ollam pone inquam,
Non est veritus a superiore voces; Ego autem vadam quo iturus sum missus sum:
Nolentes serrare viros paenitentiam
Im 'Falcem in agro plenus rubis sentibusque.

Et non me mater aut soror, aut uxorem,
Aut ego non me novi, non in robore aetatis meae;
Ego lux mea cum uri.
Scio te non me: Vanus est.

In animo est quod Caelestinus, et flammas in Domino Vulkan,
Et Imperatoris gladius Domini et sanguis Domini Sanguinala,
Ego sum ut ea quae dedit, ego vero mea sequi,
Ego libenter derelinques animam meam in flore iuventae,
Sum inter vapulandum incipit, quod cadit a plaga.

Ego lux mea cum uri.

Et pugnabit imperator ubi narrat me quod ego semper vident;
Ego in iudicio sanguinum et diaboli, cum ferro ab excelsis,
Non occidas me consecutio sapientia enim non est lex Imperatore.
Ut excutiendae iustus sicut ex grano paleas.
Ego judicii, et caelum vicinam designat.

Ego lux mea cum uri.

Non me mater soror aut uxorem
Ego lux mea cum uri.

Ut nemo non me mater aut soror, aut uxorem,
Ego lux mea cum uri.

Ut nemo non me mater aut soror, aut uxorem,
Ego lux mea cum uri.

Non me mater soror aut uxorem
Ego lux mea cum uri.
I repeated the song over and over again as things went on it was easier to kill the rats as they seemed to be attracted to the singing in the tunnels I felt like a Screaming Spectre dancing along killing rats and the like I collected them up and attached the things by the tail to the belt for safe keeping. I was feeling so much better in the tunnels but a weird niggling feeling of pleasure was building up in the back of my mind. The heat building up and spreading out from the left leg you know that hadn't changed much recently so that was good. But I'd really need to get that Narthlecium injector which meant I'd need to get money faster. Anyway that could wait for later I was only 1/5 of the way to my goal of 1k coins for paying off my debt.

As I returned I picked up about 10 or so rats that had their tails lopped off 1 of them was even still living whoever had done that was despicable. Animals deserve the emperor's mercy not the long and dragged out death from that situation. Anyway that is enough of that. I quickly built a fire and burnt out the 30 or so rat's corpses that I had collected it was a lot easier this time and I felt a lot better now but that wouldn't last I needed the injector fast.

I returned to the guild with my 20 rat tails for checking that I had completed the quest after a quick wash off.
Well done. This High Gothic language sounds interesting. The fact that rat corpses being left in the sewers is alarming though. Looks like someone or something isn't disposing the bodies.

- Alias
Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G
  • Other: n/a

Vanus

Unevaluated

To think of it, she had forgotten her promise to miss Himeko to work as assistant. She wondered, perhaps she should take it right then. Considering that her ration supply was already zero though, her priority right now was to take it to replenish hers.

Taking another cooking ration quest form, she gave it to the receptionist and went to the kitchen.
> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >

Would she have to make another ration bar? That one seemed to be the quickest. For today, she should aim to complete them in a day, if there was no complication. As usual, the chef was there already, cooking something.

What was the previous recipe? Agar powder, sugar, milk, oats... and honey. Right, that should be all. First, she need to mix the sugar, milk and oats, in a bowl, and boil the agar powder and honey with water.

Pulling agar powder and honey from the cabinet, she began to work. First, she put both agar powder and honey with water and boil it. While it was boiling, she mixed the sugar, mix and oats in a bowl.

After the agar powder was boiled, she pour them into the bowl and stir it with the wooden spoon. after it was mixed well, she baked them, and wait.

It was done, 40 batches of ration. She said goodbye to the chef for now, and return to the guild.
"Assertion: Quest completed.
Conclusion: Reward to be given."
Rewards:
Money: 10 G

Epsil

unevaluated> > >

Tax Collection [SC308]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Customer Service Department
  • Visit 5 individuals with overdue taxes.
  • Collect the tax payment.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Adventurer's Guild receives its funding from taxpayer money.
Unfortunately, some citizens are known to be always late with payments.
Visit them — wherever they might be — and demand payment.
Please don't actually hurt anyone. We're not gangsters.
Rewards:
> > >

It was already dusk. Some people she saw was wrapping out their stalls or stores. She observed at them, looking for the man with silver hair.

There, he passed through her. The man was walking to the north. She pursued him on his tails. Caught him, she thought. She let her body touching him slightly, making him to notice her.

He stopped momentarily, looking at his feet. That was when she turned her head up, and said, "Tax."

"A guild worker?" the man said.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry, I can't pay my taxes right now. The money's tight these days." The man said.

"OK."

she left him.

+++
Her second target was a man in his forties. He stood there, walking with his friends. If she remembered right, the man was a frequent customer of the bar she was in front of, and waiting here has paid off with him coming to her.

She hovered in front of him. The man and his friends stopped, as she blocked the way.

"Tax." She said.

"what? You're asking for tax right now man?" The man said, his tone incredulous.

She nodded.

The man faced his two friends, "Tsk... Chris, mike. Lend me your money. I'll pay you back tomorrow."

"Come on Josh... Just ignore that cat. Would you rather pay tax or drink booze?" The man to the left of her target said.

"Booze obviously. But my wife will nag when she know... It won't be long that someone'll visit her, you know."

The two friends emptied their money pouch, and gave it to the man. The man added his own money with it.

"Here's 30G." The man said, handing the money to her. He then muttered, "Way to kill someone's fun."

"Thank you." She said, and left him.

+++
She knocked on the door.

No response whatsoever.

She knoced on it once again.

still no response.

She knocked harder this time.

no response.

She left.

+++
She wondered if it was acceptable to demand taxes this late into the night. She saw no other activity, as everyone was probably already asleep. But her work must still be completed.

She arrived at her destination, and knocked on the door. One time, two times, there was still no response. Should she look for the bedroom window and knock from there? Considering that the previous house she did this did not give any response, she decided to do so.

One by one, she knocked on the window. Hopefully someone on the inside would be able to hear her. The first one yielded no response. There was a silence. She turned away, and suddenly the window she was in front of opened.

She turned her head up, and saw someone with an angry expression. She called out to the woman, and said that she had come to check whether the woman could pay the tax right then.

The woman glared at her, and spoke to her, "I won't! You've rudely come here, and demand me to pay my tax!?"

She wondered what she should do. The woman was there, ranting about how adventurers knew no manners at all. Though, sooner or later, someone would visit her and demand a payment. Since she was rejected, she left to her next destination, ignoring the woman's rant in the background.

The next destination was exactly the house next door. It seemed that the woman's action disturbed their sleep, that she was able to meet the home owner when she knocked on the door. The man grumbled, but acquiesced when she asked him to pay the tax. Thanking him for his cooperation, she left.

She wondered how she would approach the next one. A reasonable person like that man before would be preferable. Perhaps it was because the man was already awake, that he was cooperative? Then, the best way to do that was really to wait until the morning, when everyone was awake.

She decided then, she'll wait on the next one's porch.

+++
"Mom! There is a cat!"

It seemed like she fell asleep. Waking up, she turned to the origin of the voice. It was a little girl with brown hair. The girl then approached her and pet her head.

After a while, the child went back inside. Her mom should be awake then. Therefore, she knocked on the door.

The one who came out of the door was the older woman this time. As she gained the attention of the woman, she then asked,

"Tax."

"Oh... Tax? are you a guild worker? Sorry for my child's action before."

"No problem."

"So, you are here to ask for the tax? I swear I have paid it though."

She looked at her list. It was the right house. She showed the list to the woman. The woman, seeing that her address were on the list, went inside. When she came out, she brought to her a pouch of money.

After it was done, she said her thanks and left.

+++
Once again, she returned to the market. She visited the man's house, but left here when his wife said that the man was already working in the market. Visiting the man's stall, she asked for the man to pay the tax. There were no complications, asking from the man. Since she had gathered four, she needed one more.

Like before, the person was unavailable when she visited his house. A relative of his said that he was already working. Therefore, she went to his workplace. She asked the receptionist in front of his store if the man was in. The receptionist then called the man, and the man came from the door on the back.

"Tax?" She asked.

"Right, I haven't paid huh. Okay, let me get it."

The man then went to the back. after some time, she got her tax. Thanking him, she left for the guild.

Since you did manage to collect some taxes, I've deemed this report as worthy. Good job on your first run! From what I hear, most people barely get any money on their first tax collection. Don't be afraid to be more assertive next time, anything shorter than violence will most likely be approved by the guild.

Rewards:

Epsil

Un-appraised
Off I go back to the pit it might spit out something nice after all I did spread the story around the thing a fair amount and it seems that they required some large amount of water for something I wonder what but that's not my problem yet so baby steps AIEO. BABY STEPS.
The journey started with the same group as last time 2 extras to replace the ones who died though after all it was necessary to have a large amount of people for reaching The Pit just in case of a problem with the kobolds like last time or a large group of bandits. Anyway I guess this will be a bore for the most part.

As I predicted it was a bore, we did not have any major problems in this run! The 8 odd day journey ran completely smoothly and we were on time exactly until of course it turned out that the Pit had been moved a mountain range over because of a problem with the snow fall that was on the mountains so we moved on a minor annoyance but it did add and extra day because of manoeuvring the cart through the new passage that was far far smaller compared to the main ones we had been running through before.

Overall we made it to The New Pit without to much trouble on our end though a few of the Skaven may have frozen their ass off. On the topic of Skaven either they weren't going to keep their deal or they didn't feel I had fulfilled my end of the bargain yet as they didn't give me a little surprise oh well maybe next time I visit I will be able to make a little play on it. Oh yeah also what looked to be a large goblin walked one of the valleys that we were going near so we circumvented it the Skaven said that this large monstrosity could killed 10 or 20 Skaven before going down and I didn't want to take on something like that at this time. Then again killing Skaven in melee does not sound like a major feat but anyway enough speculation on this.

The return trip was also not that excitable we just killed off a bandit group whom had a nice sword which I stole and one of the Skaven gun crossbows. Which unluckily for them completely and utterly backfired on them and killed their only ranged unit silly idiots not realising that the Skaven tools are not reliable at all even to Skaven! But yeah the sword was nice and I'd likely sell it some time soon.
Good work. These Gun crossbows do sound interesting. - Alias
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G / person

Bochi

A locked door in an underground cavern?
Sponsor:
Briele (Adventurer's Guild Library)
Location: Underground Caverns near the waterfall south of Scribel City
Required Level: 5
Reward: 200 EXP
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report: (1)
  • Investigated the locked door in the underground cavern.
  • Determine if it is safe to open.
  • Attempt to open the door.
Since she had been back in Scribel City for some time and was starting to feel better, Vicious figured she'd do a quest or two to earn some spending money. Staring at the board, she noticed one that was buried behind several others and took it out to read.

"...A locked door in a cavern, huh. It's gotta be either trap or treasure. Well, it's not that far, so I'll just pop out, finish the job and come back for lunch."

Say thus she left the city and sped off in the direction of the waterfall.

*****​

She took a few wrong turns and had to retrace her steps, but it didn't take the girl more than half an hour before she arrived at the river in question. As usual, the girl had not brought along her backpack. Neither was the kanabo with her either.

"Well, I suppose it's a good thing my new outfit doesn't absorb much water."

Still, she wasn't just about to jump into the river and cannonball over the waterfall's edge without a plan. That was plain stupid.

So instead the Liberi followed the river to it's course, all the way to the side of the large waterfall, and looked down.

It was rather high. And hitting water from high up was no better than hitting concrete.

Guess I'd better be thankful I had practice jumping off apartment blocks regularly. Who knew?

Taking a deep breath, Vicious cradled her head with her hands, built up a small running start, and hopped off the edge of the waterfall feet first.

For the sake of simplicity, the short cussing session after she'd emerged from the waters soaking wet shall be omitted.

Similarly, the longer cussing session where she ducked and weaved and crashed drapnirs together while searching for that one elusive hole in the ground has also been omitted.

For the sake of keeping it minor friendly, the *bleep* when she'd accidentally put a foot into the hidden cavern entrance has also been omitted. Vicious tucked herself into a roll at the last minute to prevent landing badly and breaking a leg.

Patting the dust off her outfit, she looked around. Just as ordered, a cavern stretched out before her.

Well, cave goblins and trolls. Let's take a look at this creepy cathedral door thing, shall we?

*****​

It took her a while to get to the place, bypassing the roaming trolls and goblins sneakily. It wasn't difficult to put them down, but she'd rather not end up in another underground brawl so soon after Gelderholm.

She also bypassed the treasure room filled with lies, and didn't bother picking up any of the broken blades. Maybe some of them were worth something, but even if they could be reforged, her tastes weren't in slashing weaponry.

Casting her eyes over, she picked up an old signet from the pile. The surface was rather worn---it had once been bronze, she guessed. The item bore various manners of wear and tear and scratches, but unlike the other rings gave no indication that it had been lying there for e a long time. Still, that was only part of the reason why she had picked it up.

The once-intricate design had been largely eroded away, but the item must have been a real work of art in it's prime, for she could still make out the motif---ten angel wings furling into a small depression in the centre. Instinctively, with no basis for it whatsoever, Vicious knew that there should have been a ruby socketed into that depression. Yet now there wasn't any.

Hmm...

Out of a sense of novelty, she stuck the ring on the index finger of her left hand, and continued on. Towards the towering door.

As she approached, the girl mused that the report had been rather accurate; the massive double doors did resemble those of a cathedral's, but were wholly black in colour. Several chains stretched out across it's surface.

The girl raised an eyebrow. The chains weren't just randomly scattered. Each set of lock and chains blocked out a circle in the door, and the circles were arranged in a very specific layout; four in a straight line in the centre, three on either side. The top circle in the middle row was the highest, and the top circles on both sides were of equal height, somewhere between the topmost middle circle and the second middle circle. Lines were racing across the door, connecting circles together.

What could these mean? It looks like a...tree of some sort.

Just as she lifted a hand to touch the door, Vicious felt it. There was a presence behind it; surprising her a little. However, after staying calm and paying more attention, instead of being a malicious spirit, it felt more like a...sad one. Something behind the door was trying to evoke the sense of melancholy, but otherwise the door was safe to handle. She had a gut feeling that inside would be similarly safe, as well.

She tried on the locks. No luck. The chains barely rattled, and she held off on pummeling it with her fists. Instead, she observed the hole on the lock of the lowest circle on the left. It didn't look like it would fit a key; the depression was octagonal in shape..she hurriedly sent to the circle on the other side. Spherical. Then, just for the sake of it, she tried out the signet. It fitted all the locks but opened none of them.

So I was somewhat correct. Each lock is opened by a specifically shaped jewel, and I've a feeling only the right jewel would fit onto the right ring. Sooo...ten jewels and nine rings, then.

Just for fun she tried pushing the door open; the feeling of sadness came over her, and she swatted it away. The door, of course, remained unopened.

"Well, there's that. I think this much should be enough for the report. Time to head on back."

And so, with her new trophy in grasp, the girl followed the previous duo's footsteps, eventually finding the surface and rushing back to the city once more.

She was really late for lunch.

Last edited:

Reciful

FAILED Due Exceeding Time Limit

BigGreen's Quest Report
N/A​

I wake up and notice the rising sun. "Looks like it's time wake up Gobo" I yawned. I poke Gobo with my Light Whip, until he wakes up.

"Gobo time to get breakfast!

"Breakfast? Food?" Gobo mumbled

"Yes yes. Let's go get breakfast Gobo"

Gobo grab our supplies for the day and we head towards the Tavern Hall. Gobo and I sat in our usual seats, up on the bar counter. We greet Pierre and ask for today's breakfast for Gobo and a glass of water for me. While we wait for our food to arrive , we make small talk with Pierre about the Slime Horde and other news. Our food finally arrives and Gobo and I start eating. After a bit, with both of our stomach's satisfied, we say our goodbye's to Pierre and head off towards the Adventurer's Guild Hall.

We enter the Adventurer's Guild hall and line up towards Hejlikka counter. As we were in line, Gobo and I were talking about which quest to choose for today. I've already talked to Gobo about how we should start collecting ingredients and not go straight to potion-making, even though we now had permission to use the Alchemist Facilities. We finally just thought of grabbing Healing Herb quest again, to collect some herbs for the Guild and grab some for ourselves as well. We finally get in front of Hejlikka's counter , say hello and ask to buy 20 small empty herb bags for 10g. She comes back with our empty herb bags and we also tell her we will be grabbing the Healing Herb quest.

"Hmm... I thought you two would be potion-making today, since you have access to the facilities now" she questioned

"(Yes we do, but I think we should stock-pile some ingredients before Gobo and I start our potion making sessions)"

"(So we thought we would just take a quest and collect our ingredients at the same time)"

"Oh is it that...Umm.." she murmered

"(Yes?)"

"I was wondering if you would talk another quest then. It is also in the vicinity of the herbs you are going to pick" Hejlikka asked.

"(What is the quest asking for?)"

"Here take a look" she says, as she hand me a guild quest paper.
(Fantasy tale's #1) Find me a fairy!
Sponsor: Little Girl MarthaLocation: Scribel CityLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Find Some fairy's in the Biome Forest.
  • Take evidence of their existence.
  • Tell Martha about the fairies you saw.
  • (Optional) Deceive the little girl.
You see, My grandma always tell me stories!

Heroes, Dragons, princess, Witch's, & Even Demon lords!

But, what I like the most! Are the fairies!! Grandma says, that they are ruled by the Great Fairy Queen! The Strongest Fairy in the whole world!!

They are cute, small & brings luck! Grandma said to me!

Soooo please!!! Find me a Fairy & tell Martha! Also please don't hurt them!!
Rewards
Exp: 35Money: 20Other: a basket of pretty flowers
"(Hmm... it is near where Gobo and I usually grab our herbs from, but finding Fairies?)"

"(Where would I even go about finding a fairy?)"

"Well from what little info I know, is that fairies usually are attracted to Mana and so your best chance is to find a place that has large amount of Mana." she explains.

"(.....Well I guess it won't hurt to look I guess)"

"Great! Let me mark on the map where little Martha lives at" she smiled as she marked on the map where Martha lived at.

Gobo and I accept the Finding Fairies quest. Hejlikka thanks us for accepting the quest and before we could leave, she also gives us a last little bit of info.

"You should try also to look in the Southern Forest. A couple of new Mana Glowstone veins were founded , let me also mark it on your map." she tells and marks my map.

"(Thank you for the help again Hejlikka, Gobo and I will try to find the fairies for the Martha)"

We exited the Adventurer's Guild and set off towards Martha to tell her we accepted the quest.

Gobo and I eventually see little Martha's house and see a little girl playing outside of the house, who I presume is Martha. As she looks up and looks at Gobo, I can see a look of surprise and dread. She runs back, as we stand a little ways from the house and we hear a clattering of things in the house. I prepare my things....... A man eventually comes out of the house wielding a gardening hoe facing towards us.

"(Hello, My name is BigGreen and this is my Pet monster Gobo. We are from the Adventurer's Guild here to inform Martha, who I presume is your daughter, that we have accepted her quest. Here is my Adventurer Guild Badge and the Quest report)"

The man takes a look at my badge and the report and finally breathes a sigh of relief.

"Please come inside the house, but could your Goblin friend stay outside please"

"(Okay that is fine, but please, Gobo is a good goblin and I hope you can see that in future as well)"

Gobo stay's a little bit away from the house,while I use Light to carry myself inside the house. As I entered I saw the little girl hiding behind her father back, sometimes stealing glances towards me.

"(Hello little girl, my name is BigGreen. I am here to report that I have accepted your quest)"

I couldn't help but chuckle, how i didn't know if the little girl was more interested of the bright light of my Light Words or if how I've accepted her quest.

*Little gasp* "Your going to find me fairies :blob_aww:" she muttered

"(Yes, at very least try too)"

"Yes, I get to meet a fairy!" she shouted

"Did you know that fairies are all beautiful and graceful!"

"(No I did no..)"

"DID you know that fairies are all kind and can use magic!!"

"(No...)"

"DID you know that the Fairy queen is the most beautiful and powerful and amazing and perfect and..."

"Okay, okay honey I think Mr.BigGreen gets it" he laughed

"(I will try my best and try to find a fairy for you Martha)"

"Thank you Mr.BigGreen" she smiled

"(You should also thank my friend Gobo. My goblin friend outside)"

"Okay...." as she looked down

So I exited from their house and while I went to go get Gobo, Martha said her thanks to Gobo and we head off towards the Northern Forest.
As Gobo walked towards our usual herb collecting area, I had too think of way to find a fairy. The only thing I could think to try was try to attract one using my Light magic and if they didn't work, Gobo and I we head towards the South Forest later. We eventually arrive at our herb collecting area and start forging for Twin Flowers and a few Tri-Flowers. While Gobo and I collect the herbs, I cast Light and create little balls of light all around the surrounding area. It was quite a beautiful scene, it would probably better at night though. Me and Gobo continued with our foraging until we thought we had enough.

"Okay Gobo that should be enough for now. Don't harvest all of them now okay"

"Okay Gobo no more take" he agreed

Just as we were about to head out we heard a little *thump* next to a nearby tree and then a small but loud "HEY! Whats the big idea here. With all these floating lights around!" someone shouted

Gobo and I looked around to find the little noise, until we heard the little voice again.

"It was you wasn't it!. You hurt Deedee's nose didn't you" she said as she rubbed her nose

Me and Gobo were just silently look at the fairy, still lost in thought that we actually found a fairy.

"Yo...you don't ignore Deedee! she says, as she forms a ball a water and throws it at us.

I form a Light Barrier around Gobo and I and the ball of water hits and splashes on the barrier.

"Your both big meanies" she pouted

I cancel my Light Barrier and Light Orbs illuminating the area.

"(I'm sorry you got hurt due to my magic. I was just trying to get one of your kind's attention a little bit)"

She stares at me for a bit before asking "Why don't you just talk normally?"

I look at her confusingly and try to talk "Hello?"

"See now your talking" she smiles

"I'm sorry, your one of the first people I'm able to talk too normally, other then my pet's like Gobo."

"Also I forgot to introduce ourselves. I am BigGreen and this is my pet Gobo"

"Why is your name BigGreen?" she asks.

I was quite off-guard when she questioned me about my name. "I... well because my founder named me it"

"Your name should be LittleGreen because your so little!" she laughed.

"You...You... I'm not LittleGreen, I'm BigGreen"

"LittleGreen LittleGreen LittleGreen" she kept on saying over and over.

"Well at least I'm small for now and I'm going to grow big later. Your just as small as me right now and your going to stay that way"

She abruptly her taunting and said *Hmph* "You really are big meanie, now you owe me 2 favors!"

"What did I owe you a favor?"

"You hurt my nose remember! And now you made fun of me, now it's 2!" she smirked

*Sigh* "Okay, but at least in return can you do me a favor"

"Hmmm... What does Deedee have to do?" she asked

"A little girl want's to meet a fairy that's all"

"Nope no meeting with humans. Big sister always tell me to stay away from the big human cities!" she told me

"Please the little girl really want's to meet one of you fairies and they live near the outskirts of the town, so no one else will see you"

"I'm not afraid of regular people, they won't even be able to see me anyways. Big sister tells me to stay away from the special people who can see us." Deedee explains.

"Please it will only be for a few minutes at most. What do I have to do too change your mind?"

She quickly responds "You can owe me another favor" her eyes shining

"I.. but... okay another favor it is then"

"Hehe Deedee gets to play around the city" she smirked

Looks like she was planning to play around the city someday anyways and it looks like I got suckered in giving her a favor.

"Well ok let's start with your first favor. What do you need me to do?"

"Hmmmmmm... well...." she said as she thought.

"oh OH!.... find Deedee a big pretty diamond!" she yelled

"I don't think were going to able to find any diamonds around here. Sorry."

"Oh well. Then how about you help me get this big Mana Glowstone Deedee found!" she asks.

"That we might be able to do"

Deedee leads us upriver and finally towards the spot she found the Mana Glowstone.

"Yes that one! Deedee is to small to get it, but may be your Goblin friend can get it!" she says

"Hehe. Just wait until my sisters see me with a big Mana Glowstone" she smirk

The Mana Glowstone was in a precarious spot, plopped right in deepest part of the river between to rocks.

Gobo looked at me and said "Gobo no can get"

I turned to Deedee "Gobo might get hurt if trying to get the Mana Glowstone, let me try with my Light Magic instead"

With my Light Whip I was able to touch the Mana Glowstone, but was unable to pull it all the way out successfully. However it was still coming out, even though bit by bit. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 10 minutes ,30 minutes and finally an hour passed. Deedee was laying under my leaves as shade while Gobo decided to go fishing again, until i started yelling.

"Okay! I think it's going to come out after this final pull!"

"Faster faster faster!" Deedee shouted.

With my final pull of my Light Whip I was finally able to get the Mana Glowstone out of the river. I held up the Mana Glowstone and noticed that It really was a beautiful Mana Glowstone.

"Kyahhh :blob_uwu: my Mana Glowstone is so pretty" Deedee shrieked, as she grabbed the Mana Glowstone.

"I think the Mana Glowstone might be a little to big for you to carry though"

*Hmph*"What do you mean. Of course I can carry it!" she said, as she fails trying to carry it

"Ok how about Gobo carries it for now?"

"Ok let your goblin carry it for now. Instead let me think of your 2nd favor you owe me" she exclaimed

As Deedee was thinking, she finally shouted "I've thought of the 2nd favor you can do for me! I will let you send the beautiful Deedee back home"

"And where is your home"

"That... that Deedee doesn't know the place specifically..." she murmered

"Do you remember what path you took today ?"

"Umm... Deedee was exploring all today for a big Mana Glowstone and didn't look where she was going..." she stuttered

"So all in all you are lost"

"Deedee is not lost! Merely just explored somewhere she has explored before" she explains

"Well do you know what your home looks like or what is nearby your home?"

"Yes Deedee's home is near a river just like this, but has lots of more Mana Glowstones. Lots lots and lots more!" she gushed

"Oh also we sometimes see the big lizard people as well!" she said

I started to piece together the clues that she gave me and I thought of a few places where her home would be near. Mostly the the Mana Glowstone veins in the Southern Forest.

"Okay I think I might know where your home might be at, but you have to come meet Martha the little girl first ok?"

"Hmm...okay Deedee will go play with the little girl first, then go home" she accepted

"Alright then, Gobo let's head back to Martha's house"

We eventually exit from the Northern Forest and Gobo walks back to Martha's house for Deedee and Martha's little meet-up. We spot little Martha's house and her playing outside in the yard. As she spot's Gobo and I, she starts running towards us.

"Mr.BigGreen did you find the fairy yet!" she yelled

I confusingly told her "(Hello Martha. We did find a fairy today)"

"Did she come with you two? Where is she!?" she smiled

Gobo points to me and my pot.

"What? But Mr.BigGreen isn't a fairy?" she questioned

As Deedee fly off the rim of my pot she giggles "Deedee's already told you that normal people can't see Deedee remember?"

"But Deedee has a way to show myself to normal people. Here" she explains as she blows some sort of magic dust in front of Martha's eyes.

Martha coughs a bit and rubs her eyes and when she opens her eye's again she breathes in and comments "A fairy...."

"Hello little one. My name is DeeDee. The most beautiful,elegant, and graceful of my sisters and also the smartest." she says

"Wowwww" Martha gasp as her eyes widen.

Gobo (And I, if I had hand) looked away and palm his head in disappointment.

"My LittleGreen friend here told me you wanted to see Deedee" she smiled

"Yes yes yes I did. My grandma would tell me stories about hero's and princesses, but I loved stories about pixies the most!" she told Deedee

"Yes Deedee is better then hero's and princesses, but Deedee has never left her home. How about you show me around your home Martha" she says

"Okay lets go, I have lots to show you!" she smiled.

"But Martha you have to promise me something. You have to promise me that you won't tell your mommy or daddy or anyone else that you met me. okay?" Deedee declared.

"But why can't I tell my mommy or daddy?" Martha asked

"Well... if you tell someone that you met me today. Deedee might disappear and you wouldn't want Deedee to disappaer right? she said

"No..No I wouldn't want a fairy to disappear!" Martha blurted

"Well here take my hand and promise me you won't tell anyone that you met Deedee today. Okay" she smiled

Martha took Deedee's tiny hand promises that she wouldn't speak about Deedee's visit. A bright light shines unto Martha's hand and creates a marking. Martha then took Deedee to visit around her farm and show her things in the house. Most importantly showed her the storybooks that her grandma showed her of pixies.

"Fairy bad?" Gobo grunted

"No...Well I don't think so Gobo"
As Martha exciting day comes to an end and she falls asleep. Her dad comes and talks to us one final time before we leave.

"Thank you for today. Even though you couldn't find any fairies you at least kept my daughter happy and that's all I could ask for" he smiled

We departed towards the Southern Forest, taking a detour around the town but Deedee wanted to go through the town. She eventually relented when we commented on how what her Sister might do if she found out about her going into a human town. As we were just about to the Southern Forest I asked Deedee.

"That mark on Martha wasn't just a promise about not telling other about you right?"

Deedee gave a soft smile and chuckle "Yes...it was a mark of forgotten. Martha will wake up not knowing about today's little adventure with a Fairy"

"But why though"

"Their are many, many reasons, but I guess the most important one is to protect me, Martha, and even you"
"The regular seal if I had put it on her would only be able to last 1 year, but after that year she would surely tell of our little meeting"
"And eventually her parent's will tell other and those other will tell another and another. Until it gets revealed to someone it should be revealed too"
"That person will eventually backtrack all the way till he finds Little Martha and make her tell her my whereabouts, Your Whereabouts"
"And that person will do everything in his powers to get me, my sisters."
"Just why do you think Pixies are the way we are today?"

"Then why even go through the troubles of today. Meeting with Martha?" I asked

Deedee sighed "I truly wished to feel what it felt like when pixies could go out, fly freely among the other creatures and not care if other's wanted to trap me. Just today I wished to have a friend, who also wanted to meet me, a Pixie and today was that day. It was amazing."

"I'm sure things will change in the future. Just as how other are little afraid of Gobo, I will change how others look at him"

Deedee looked up into the orange sun stained clouds"Hopefully BigGreen... Hopefully"

We walked silently into the Southern Forest and too the first Mana Glowstone area. I casted my Light Orbs around the area, to if I could attract another fairy, like Deedee. Luckily after a while we all hear a little *thump* and a voice alike Deedee.

"OW, what is this dumb light doing here!"

"Ah! CeeCee!" Deedee fly up and hugged the fairy rubbing it's nose

"Deedee where have you been! Big sister has been telling us to look for you all over, for the whole day!" CeeCee explained

"Uhhh Deedee was out exploring, but Deedee found such a pretty Mana Glowstone.Goblin show her!" Deedee asked

Gobo took out her Mana Glowstone and showed Ceecee

"Wow that is a pretty Mana Glowstone where did you fi...." Ceecee said, but before she finished another voice came in.

"THAT IS A PRETTY MANA GLOWSTONE. Now where did Little Dee go to find it today. It surely wasn't near home since I've had all the sister's looking for her" said the bigger fairy angrily

"Uhh... Big sister ZeeZee... Deedee found it near home Deedee really did. Deedee probably just accidentally missed the sister searching for me. hehe" she chuckled cautiously.

"Ohhhhhhh is that so. So I guess you wouldn't mind if I take it right." she says as she grabs the Mana Glowstone out of Gobo's hand

"WuhWuh :blob_teary: Big sister ZeeZee don't do this it took Deedee so long to get it" she cried

"YeeYee TeeTee, bring back Deedee back home and lock her up in her room until I get back" she said

Two fairies appear almost out of thin air and grab Deedee by each arm and drag her back home.

"Wait wait Big Sister ZeeZee my Mana Glowstone, MY MANA GLOWSTONE" Deedee yelled.

I could see the bigger fairy ZeeZee rub her temple with her fingers.

"And you little plant and Goblin.... Thank you for all you have done to help my little sister, but I must not let you two go. Please Forgive Me" she says as she glares at us with menacing eyes.

She readies her Magic, but before she could initiate we hear a loud "Big Sister ZeeZee WAIT!"

Deedee appears next to Zeezee stopping her from casting

"Deedee you of all people should know that we can't let other's know of us" Zeezee says glaring at Deedee

"I know but BigGreen is different he knows about our markings!" Deedee explains

Zeezee quite shocked "Little plant how do you know of the markings?"

"I truly do not know myself. I only recognize bits and pieces of when Deedee used one of the markings."
The only thing I have used the markings for, is it incorporated into my pets, such as Gobo"
"Gobo show them your marking"

Gobo show's them the marking on his back.

"Different...but similar at the same time. How?" Zeezee commented

"See sister BigGreen is good!" Deedee smiled

It looks like the quarrel we had, had turned into quite a light fest as many more fairies were coming to see what the commotion was about. You could hear the little whisper and talking about what should happened to Gobo and I, getting louder and louder. Zeezee still in thought of what to do to us until she finally spoke.

"EVERYONE QUIET" Zeezee spoke

The place suddenly as it was loud, was silent.

"I will let you go!" she said

"YES!" Deedee yelled

"UNDER one condition. Swear upon a Mark of Death that you will do everything in your power to not cause danger or harm, to our fairy way of life, until your own end of life.

"No sister, this is cruel beyond usual!" Deedee gasped

"What is the Mark of Death"

"If you ever go against the promise of your Mark of Death, you will experience my painful death one imaginable. You yourself will wish to tear yourself apart, wishing for your own death. As you hear you own screams of your flesh decaying and rotting. You soul will be ever devoured by the reaper forever to part from all worlds.
"That. That is the Mark of Death"
"Now will you accept it Little Green One"

I stare at Zeezee and try to make thought of what I just learned... and it seems my only way of leaving here alive with Gobo will be taking this Mark.

"Can't we just use the Mark of Forgotten instead on me?"

"HA! to use such a weak mark on person like you. You would eventually notice and de-spell the mark yourself in time. No Only the Death Mark is suitable!" she remarks

"NOW AGAIN. Do you Accept!" she yells

"I..I accept the mark"

"Good choice Little Green One" Zeezee says as she grabs one of my stems.

She starts speaks chants differently language until a slightly ghostly white appears out of the void. I try focused on the white specter as it furiously starts to circle me and Zeezee, until I suddenly hear Zeezee speak.

"Do you accept"she says

"I accept"

Just as I accepted the ghostly specter jumps into me and I lose control of body. I couldn't feel where i was, see what was in front of me, and couldn't even feel the connection between me and Gobo. I felt as though I was nothing. Just existing.
I awoke.

I saw Gobo's crying face.

I moved my mouth and asked "Gobo what happened"

"Master's body gone" Gobo stuttered

"What do you mean I.." I try to say as I try lift my arm.

"What happened to me" I mummbled, as start looking at myself.

"With every great mark come's with it great power" Zeezee mutters as she herself is barely standing.

"It seems the power of the mark was to great for your body, so destroying your old one and in turn granting you this one" Zeezee explains.

"Wait what do you mea..." I try to speak as I faint.

"Sisters teleport our dear sleeping friend and his Goblin to our home to rest"Zeezee said.

*Next morning*

I wake up to the loud noises of giggles. I try to look at what it was, but a voice calls out to me.

"Looks like your finally awake from yesterday's little incident" Zeezee smiled

Looks like they got me sitting up on a tree to sleep. I start to look at my new body.

"Looks like yesterday wasn't a dream..."

"Far from it. Later try to get used to your new body okay" Zeezee commented before leaving tending to here sisters needs.

While I was still immersed in my new body, I then thought about Gobo.

"Gobo, where is Gobo!?"

"Gobo here Master!" he shouted

*Sigh* Okay good it looks like Gobo is fine. However... the real problem is now what to do about my situation. I don't know if I should go back to the city or try to stay away from it. If I decided to go back to the city, their will be serious question on how I acquired this body and I can't just say "Yes I found the pixies and I got this body from making a death promise with them". I tell Gobo to hand me my Guild Badge, he hand it to me. I look at it intently on what to do, as a voice talks to me.

"Umm here is you or.. um your pot BigGreen" Ceecee says.

I look at my old home.... It's still in one piece. Dr.Fern did say that my pot was quite indestructible, seems like he was correct.

Dr.Fern just what do I do now...
Today's Inventory
-10g
+ 20 Small empty Herb bags

+10x Small bag of Tri Flowers
+15x Small bag of Twin flowers

I do attend to write more stories about my character, but would would it be allowed to write my stories of how I get back into the Adventurer's Guild on the "Tavern" thread. I dunno any thoughts? :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely:

Also on another. Please @ me if you think I should change any part of the story because it might cause problems in conjunction with others and their characters story. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Reciful the Innocent malice here today as your Receptionist to Evaluate your report~....*bows*

Thank you for Accepting the quest & eventually granting the wish of that little girl, as she is nothing but a flower vendor her money is not enough to even commission a request... So Reciful shall pays in her place..

Thank you for granting her naive yet innocent wish... Reciful is grateful... *Bows*

After all I cannot grant it even if I can~

Rewards
Exp: 35Money: 20Other: a basket of pretty flowers

Riku25

QUEST- WHO WATCHES THE WATCHER- EVALUATED

Night Watch [SC101]
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
  • Money: 10

Quest- Night Watch (Open)

After hours of waiting, Riku felt the guild hall without receiving his reward for his first quest. It seemed no matter which world or universe you ended up in, the wheels of bureaucracy turned ever slowly. It seemed depending on how long these shifts were for this guard duty, he may have to find one of those 'shady side alleys' to sleep in.

Though honestly, he hardly felt exhausted. Despite the draining day he had, despite its nerve racking event, despite having worked, walked and stood for majority of it; Riku did not feel as fatigued as he would've in his real body. No, it was only until the sun had fully set did the boundless energy he felt started to tamper off. Riku knew that he definitely need to do some sort of testing of this body and its limits, but he first had to make sure he could eat a meal first and sleep in a proper bed.

[???] - (?? /??)

His walk towards the city's walls was cut short by the appearance of what he could only assume to be the barracks of the city guard. He didn't get far towards it before he was challenged by a sentry stationed outside it.

"Halt." He stated, "Identify yourself."

Riku did so, societal guidelines from his home had him bring up his arms unconsciously. "Riku Aburame, ahhhh... Adventurer for the guild. Sent here for a quest to be stationed for guard duty."

"Guard duty?" the sentry spoke. "You're a bit late for guard duty aren't you."

"A mix up at the guild had me forget the time, apologies." Riku answered.

"Yeah well, the captain has already started his patrol, but I suppose I could squeeze you in with a few of the lads on the south wall. Captain wanted that area covered for the next couple days."

Feeling that there was no longer any need to do so, Riku brought his hands down and asked," The south? Any idea what I'd need to keep an eye out for? "

The guard shrugged casually as he replied," Most of the monsters around here tend to be nocturnal. Just got to keep an eye for any that's particularly stupid to come to the walls and alert the rest of us. There's been word of a slime horde heading our way from the south east, so the captain wants all hands on deck. Which, is impossible since we've been lacking manpower. That means you, my late friend, are gonna be up all night keeping watch."

"Sleep is for the weak anyways" Riku muttered to himself before he asked the guard, "Any chance I could get a weapon and some armour?"

DC 80 & 90- due to neutral stance and lateness for job.

The guard gave Riku a hard look, before he replied, "The acquisition of city property is handled by the captain himself. If you wanted a weapon for the night, you would have been here early for your duty." he chastised before he continued with a tsked, "but we can't have you walking around on official duty looking like that now can we."

He went inside the barracks for a brief moment, before returning and throwing an a thick item at Riku. Catching it, he observed what the item was.

[leather vest-?]

"Now put that on, and held towards the south walls" The guard stated, pointing behind Riku as he continued, "Tell the boys Hook sent you, and you shouldn't have any problems."

Riku muttered a thanks as he started putting the armor, and began walking back the path he just came from; sighing at the fact.

Roll for encounter-

WARNING: violence and gore.

Riku walked bristled towards the South Wall of the city. He had already double back past the guild and tavern, and was just a few minutes away from the towering fortification. This part of the city wasn't as tightly packed as the parts he had been used to for the few hours he'd been here, and it was starting to lack people occupying the streets.

Walking by an alleyway, Riku soon found the back of his head being sharply hit, causing him to stumble forward to the ground, barely catching himself.

Panic flared inside his body, as the person attacking him, kicked him over on to his back and was proceeding to straddle him; the sound of a hissing blade being drawn caught Riku's ringing head's attention. He brought his hand up to defend himself.

[???] - (?? /??)

A stunning flash of brilliant white light bursted suddenly. Causing Riku's attack to give out a yell of surprise at being blinded. Heart racing, blood pumping, body burning, and head still spinning, Riku slowly started to recover, but not before he felt the slight sting of metal attempting to pierce into his side, through the leather armor he wore.

That, brought a sudden clarity to Riku. He would die here, in this street, by this person; if he didn't do anything. Fight won the battle, as with an adrenaline charged yell, Riku brought his heated hands up to his attackers head, thumbs digging sharply into their eyes. The sound of a sudden hiss filled the air as he dug into them; a desperate yell followed it, as Riku's attacker attempted to get him to let go.

[???] - (? /??)

It was too late however, as Riku yelled as well; a sudden heat followed down his hands, followed once more by a sharp flash of white light.

Riku recoiled in horror as he held a charred head in his hands; the body lifeless on top of him.

• Arrived late to the arranged meeting location
  • Reprimanded and supplied leather armor by Guard 'Hook'
  • Travelled to the assigned area, 'South Wall'
  • Decided against completing the assigned duty
  • Armor supplied by guard will be left at the guild

Last edited:

Vanus

QUEST- WHO WATCHES THE WATCHER- NEEDS EVALUATION

• Arrived late to the arranged meeting location
  • Reprimanded and supplied leather armor by Guard 'Hook'
  • Travelled to the assigned area, 'South Wall'
  • Decided against completing the assigned duty
  • Armor supplied by guard will be left at the guild
"Wait what? I'm completely confused so you decided to just not do your damned job? Yet you think you can just waltz back here without any problem." I throw a book at him. "Be more reliable..."
Failed: -5G deducted for wasting guilds time.

Feathers95

Open Sea! [SR0601]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Captain’s Test
  • Sail into the open sea!
  • Work together with your crew.
  • Do not let another ship follow you to the hideout.
  • Your ship must not sink.
The Cap’tain wants us to raise the anchor!
We’re setting sail! Out the bay and into the Black Sea!
Hundreds of small islands off the coastline.
Our hideout is on one of the ‘em, so we’re headed there!
Hard to starboard! Watch the boom! Know your ropes!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: N/A
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (47)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (9295/9000) 1
Quest: Open Sea!
Evaluation:
  • Sailed into the Red Serpent's hidden hideout
It had been four months since Ari arrived at Spire Reef. After a multitude of slave-captures, daylight robberies, spars and parties, she was now a fully accepted member of the Red Serpents. Her crewmates would laugh and wave at her whenever they saw her, whilst other pirates or citizens would scurry away at the speed of light. As a result of integrating with her crew, they generously gave her some new equipment and clothing, which were mainly old hand-me-downs from Rae. She now had a sabre to call her own, though a bit blunt from lack of sharpening, which meant she didn't have to borrow blades from the others all the time. In place of her tattered slave wear, was now a white linen shirt, black waistcoat, simple brown trousers and dark leather boots. A red scarf was tied around her grown hair and waist, giving her a very fitting image of a pirate.

Finally, after a month of being docked, the Red Serpents were ready to stop terrorizing the local townspeople and head back to sea, with the vast majority of the crew fully healed from their injuries.

"Ari." A tender voice pulled her out of her thoughts as she watched the slaves scurry about, preparing to set sail. An arm wrapped affectionately around her waist as she was pulled to his side, prompting her to look up at her current lover.

"Kian." She smiled as she leant against her blond-haired crewmate. She wasn't sure when this fellow developed feelings for her, but Ari thought to make use of the situation and use him to consolidate her position quickly amongst the Red Serpents. Afterall, this man was the crew's First Mate, and older brother to the Demon Child, Luca. Entering a faked relationship meant that she was walking a very thin line, especially since she could feel herself enjoying his company more and more, but she trusted her judgement. As long as she remembered who she was, and what she was working for, she'd be fine. Right? Ari knew very well that she was cruel to make use of his earnest feelings like this, but the more she sank into the atmosphere and lawlessness of Spire Reef, the harder it was to pry herself away. She could feel her moral boundaries being stretched further every day...

"...are you thinking about your past again?" A kind voice laced with concern reached her ears, as she was pulled out of her thoughtful daze once again. A hand caressed her cheek as she reached out to pinch his.

"Mm. Kind of. Don't look so worried though, I'm fine. I have you all now afterall." She beamed before tugging at his hand. "Is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving."

"I think it should be about done now, but don't expect too much. Rae is the one in the kitchen today afterall..." He chuckled sarcastically with a sudden dead light in his eyes.

Ari immediately paled as she recalled their enthusiastic captain's habits. "...why is she so insistent on cooking for us..." She sighed, before reluctantly making her way to the dining area with Kian in tow.

---

After their trying meal, it was finally time to set off, with all their preparations and supplies ready and packed. Since she had no experience with sailing a ship, she mainly wandered around and asked the others how she could help, and what they were doing, so she could get a better understanding of the whole situation. Although mainly doing the mundane tasks the slaves would usually complete, the exhilaration she felt when they finally drove into the blue expanse before them was unlike any other. It was beautiful and never-ending, and Ari felt a strange compulsion to sail as far as the eye could see and explore the world's wonders. She was a little worried that she had fallen into the role of a pirate a little too easily, but she brushed that thought away as more orders were shouted by their captain.

After a while of sailing, Ari finally understood why they referred to this place as the Black Sea. Alongside the aura of death and danger that lurked around the rocky spires they precariously navigated through, the sea slowly turned darker and darker in colour, as if contaminated by darkness itself. It was eerie, but still somehow mesmerizing. Fortunately, it seemed that no other ships attempted to trail the Crimson Dragon, the crew's name for their pirate ship, or if there were, they must've lost them due to their navigator's high skill level. Unfortunately, however, it seemed that their helmsman was a little unprepared for some of the rapids and torrents near the jagged rocks, causing their ship to be a bit battered despite setting sail not too long ago. Other than that, however, most of the journey was smooth sailing as they made their way to the crimson serpent's hidden lair.

The hideout itself was plain and easy to overlook, hidden in a cave that didn't quite seem like a cave from a distance. With the addition of an illusionary magic-user on their crew, their hideout was virtually impossible to find without prior information. Although crude, the hideout was well-defended, with many hidden traps and mechanisms dotted around the place. For good reason as well, as the glittering horde amassed through years of pirating was an incredible sight to behold. As a prior princess, Ari could say that the giant gold pile was on par with one of the royal treasury's rooms back in her palace! Although amazed, she silently wondered how the crew dealt with traitors who stole from the gold pile and ran off. Afterall, she had not heard any rumours of such things happening amongst the tight-knit crew members, despite that being a very real possibility and doubting the idea that it had never happened. Were they just... disposed of so well that their names were never mentioned again? Well, fortunately, she wasn't going to test out that theory herself and had no plans to...

Last edited:

Vanus

QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (47)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (9295/9000) 1
Quest: Open Sea!
Evaluation:
  • Sailed into the Red Serpent's hidden hideout
It had been four months since Ari arrived at Spire Reef. After a multitude of slave-captures, daylight robberies, spars and parties, she was now a fully accepted member of the Red Serpents. Her crewmates would laugh and wave at her whenever they saw her, whilst other pirates or citizens would scurry away at the speed of light. As a result of integrating with her crew, they generously gave her some new equipment and clothing, which were mainly old hand-me-downs from Rae. She now had a sabre to call her own, though a bit blunt from lack of sharpening, which meant she didn't have to borrow blades from the others all the time. In place of her tattered slave wear, was now a white linen shirt, black waistcoat, simple brown trousers and dark leather boots. A red scarf was tied around her grown hair and waist, giving her a very fitting image of a pirate.

Finally, after a month of being docked, the Red Serpents were ready to stop terrorizing the local townspeople and head back to sea, with the vast majority of the crew fully healed from their injuries.

"Ari." A tender voice pulled her out of her thoughts as she watched the slaves scurry about, preparing to set sail. An arm wrapped affectionately around her waist as she was pulled to his side, prompting her to look up at her current lover.

"Kian." She smiled as she leant against her blond-haired crewmate. She wasn't sure when this fellow developed feelings for her, but Ari thought to make use of the situation and use him to consolidate her position quickly amongst the Red Serpents. Afterall, this man was the crew's First Mate, and older brother to the Demon Child, Luca. Entering a faked relationship meant that she was walking a very thin line, especially since she could feel herself enjoying his company more and more, but she trusted her judgement. As long as she remembered who she was, and what she was working for, she'd be fine. Right? Ari knew very well that she was cruel to make use of his earnest feelings like this, but the more she sank into the atmosphere and lawlessness of Spire Reef, the harder it was to pry herself away. She could feel her moral boundaries being stretched further every day...

"...are you thinking about your past again?" A kind voice laced with concern reached her ears, as she was pulled out of her thoughtful daze once again. A hand caressed her cheek as she reached out to pinch his.

"Mm. Kind of. Don't look so worried though, I'm fine. I have you all now afterall." She beamed before tugging at his hand. "Is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving."

"I think it should be about done now, but don't expect too much. Rae is the one in the kitchen today afterall..." He chuckled sarcastically with a sudden dead light in his eyes.

Ari immediately paled as she recalled their enthusiastic captain's habits. "...why is she so insistent on cooking for us..." She sighed, before reluctantly making her way to the dining area with Kian in tow.

---

After their trying meal, it was finally time to set off, with all their preparations and supplies ready and packed. Since she had no experience with sailing a ship, she mainly wandered around and asked the others how she could help, and what they were doing, so she could get a better understanding of the whole situation. Although mainly doing the mundane tasks the slaves would usually complete, the exhilaration she felt when they finally drove into the blue expanse before them was unlike any other. It was beautiful and never-ending, and Ari felt a strange compulsion to sail as far as the eye could see and explore the world's wonders. She was a little worried that she had fallen into the role of a pirate a little too easily, but she brushed that thought away as more orders were shouted by their captain.

After a while of sailing, Ari finally understood why they referred to this place as the Black Sea. Alongside the aura of death and danger that lurked around the rocky spires they precariously navigated through, the sea slowly turned darker and darker in colour, as if contaminated by darkness itself. It was eerie, but still somehow mesmerizing. Fortunately, it seemed that no other ships attempted to trail the Crimson Dragon, the crew's name for their pirate ship, or if there were, they must've lost them due to their navigator's high skill level. Unfortunately, however, it seemed that their helmsman was a little unprepared for some of the rapids and torrents near the jagged rocks, causing their ship to be a bit battered despite setting sail not too long ago. Other than that, however, most of the journey was smooth sailing as they made their way to the crimson serpent's hidden lair.

The hideout itself was plain and easy to overlook, hidden in a cave that didn't quite seem like a cave from a distance. With the addition of an illusionary magic-user on their crew, their hideout was virtually impossible to find without prior information. Although crude, the hideout was well-defended, with many hidden traps and mechanisms dotted around the place. For good reason as well, as the glittering horde amassed through years of pirating was an incredible sight to behold. As a prior princess, Ari could say that the giant gold pile was on par with one of the royal treasury's rooms back in her palace! Although amazed, she silently wondered how the crew dealt with traitors who stole from the gold pile and ran off. Afterall, she had not heard any rumours of such things happening amongst the tight-knit crew members, despite that being a very real possibility and doubting the idea that it had never happened. Were they just... disposed of so well that their names were never mentioned again? Well, fortunately, she wasn't going to test out that theory herself and had no plans to...
Appraised and awaiting collection upon your inevitable return to Spire Reef. - AIEO
REWARDS:
Money: 20 G

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Escort Duty [SC407]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Join a caravan of traders.
  • Protect the merchants and their caravan.
  • Ensure the safe arrival of the merchant's goods to their destination.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
The Merchant's Guild is hiring guards to escort their next caravan.
It might take a few days or weeks, but the pay is decent.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
> > >
Looking at the quest board, I think it’s time to take a look further beyond the city walls. An escort duty should do just fine. Looking at the quest info, it seems the client is head for Asteria Village due west of Scribel. Never heard of the place; looking further into it another same quest with the same client to escort back to Scribel once their business there is done. Convenient, I take both quest and ate a hearty meal with Iris then donned our equipment and head off.

We met the client at the south gate waiting by the entrance; she wore a simple traveler’s garb and had a short cloak over it. Her overall attire simply gave me the impression of plain, not to mention her face being one as well. Best to give my regards to her.

“You the escort? Didn’t expect two to show.”

“We are of a duo on duty.”

She inspects me and gave a satisfied nod, however when she looked at Iris; I could see disappointment in her eyes.

“Alright since we’re heading west to Asteria Village, it should be a cake walk for you two since it’ll be a two day carriage to get there. I don’t need to remind you but protect me until we get there.”

I nod and she makes a loud whistle, a horse pulling a carriage comes near her. There were plenty of goods inside the carriage; most of them were tools for farming along some goods inside plenty of sacks. She gently pets and feeds the horse with something then goes into the coachman seat.

“You can ride at the back of the carriage if you want, plenty of room for two people.”

I take up on her offer and lift Iris to get in the carriage then I climbed inside as well. Once we took our seat, the coachman signaled the horse and we started moving. We headed westward and I could see the walls slowly grew smaller we went farther and farther from it.

The ride was a bit bumpy if not unpleasant; the road to Asteria was rocky since the pathway wasn’t really fully developed. Looking at the plains from the rear of the carriage, there really wasn’t much too look at. It’s all green grass as far as the eye can see and the forest to the south is relatively far. This might end up as a boring job.

Night was approaching and we settled to camp for the night. I told Iris to keep watch of our client while I tried to find dried shrubs as firewood. Most bushes were still green but I managed to find some dried ones. Coming back to the camp, it seems our client set up a tent for herself only and Iris was listlessly watching her from the carriage.

I made a makeshift camp fire and the client ignited it with a snap of her fingers. It seems she knows fire magic. I took off my helmet and motion Iris to take a rest, and we all sit near the fire. It was quiet between the three of us even when the fire crackled out embers. We all ate our own rations when the client suddenly broke the silence.

“So…. how long have you two been together?”

“Pardon?”

“I meant what I said, how long have you two been together?”

What is she asking? Romantically or professionally? Not sure what to say about it though. I’ll stick with the latter.

“A period of few weeks. Much of my duties has been performed along with her.”

She gave a looked at me disappointment from my answer, then looked to Iris for another answer.

“Hey hey, what about you? How long have you been with him?”

Iris stopped eating the hard ration and looked at her with disinterest.

“Reival own Iris…… Iris follow owner Reival…..”

“Is…. Is that so? I- I see….”

With such an answer from Iris the client glanced at me with disgusted look. Hey now…. I don’t own her or anything like that you know….. Iris please, stop saying I’m your owner…. People will get the wrong idea… Sigh…. I gotta teach her how to speak properly soon.

The client went to bed in her tent and I told Iris to sleep as well. I stayed up all night to watch for any ambush. Needless to say, I won’t be getting any sleep.

Morning comes and our travel continues. It was uneventful, the same as the day before then we finally reached Asteria Village. Quite a peaceful looking village.

Greetings to you Guild

I have partaken the task of escorting a merchant to Asteria Village. The journey was uneventful as the path towards there lacked any dangers, however that is a glorious thing as boredom equats to free on danger. This report shall be submitted once I have returned.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady iris

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest - Evaluation Needed

> > >
Escort Duty [SC407]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
Looking at the quest board, I think it’s time to take a look further beyond the city walls. An escort duty should do just fine. Looking at the quest info, it seems the client is head for Asteria Village due west of Scribel. Never heard of the place; looking further into it another same quest with the same client to escort back to Scribel once their business there is done. Convenient, I take both quest and ate a hearty meal with Iris then donned our equipment and head off.

We met the client at the south gate waiting by the entrance; she wore a simple traveler’s garb and had a short cloak over it. Her overall attire simply gave me the impression of plain, not to mention her face being one as well. Best to give my regards to her.

“You the escort? Didn’t expect two to show.”

“We are of a duo on duty.”

She inspects me and gave a satisfied nod, however when she looked at Iris; I could see disappointment in her eyes.

“Alright since we’re heading west to Asteria Village, it should be a cake walk for you two since it’ll be a two day carriage to get there. I don’t need to remind you but protect me until we get there.”

I nod and she makes a loud whistle, a horse pulling a carriage comes near her. There were plenty of goods inside the carriage; most of them were tools for farming along some goods inside plenty of sacks. She gently pets and feeds the horse with something then goes into the coachman seat.

“You can ride at the back of the carriage if you want, plenty of room for two people.”

I take up on her offer and lift Iris to get in the carriage then I climbed inside as well. Once we took our seat, the coachman signaled the horse and we started moving. We headed westward and I could see the walls slowly grew smaller we went farther and farther from it.

The ride was a bit bumpy if not unpleasant; the road to Asteria was rocky since the pathway wasn’t really fully developed. Looking at the plains from the rear of the carriage, there really wasn’t much too look at. It’s all green grass as far as the eye can see and the forest to the south is relatively far. This might end up as a boring job.

Night was approaching and we settled to camp for the night. I told Iris to keep watch of our client while I tried to find dried shrubs as firewood. Most bushes were still green but I managed to find some dried ones. Coming back to the camp, it seems our client set up a tent for herself only and Iris was listlessly watching her from the carriage.

I made a makeshift camp fire and the client ignited it with a snap of her fingers. It seems she knows fire magic. I took off my helmet and motion Iris to take a rest, and we all sit near the fire. It was quiet between the three of us even when the fire crackled out embers. We all ate our own rations when the client suddenly broke the silence.

“So…. how long have you two been together?”

“Pardon?”

“I meant what I said, how long have you two been together?”

What is she asking? Romantically or professionally? Not sure what to say about it though. I’ll stick with the latter.

“A period of few weeks. Much of my duties has been performed along with her.”

She gave a looked at me disappointment from my answer, then looked to Iris for another answer.

“Hey hey, what about you? How long have you been with him?”

Iris stopped eating the hard ration and looked at her with disinterest.

“Reival own Iris…… Iris follow owner Reival…..”

“Is…. Is that so? I- I see….”

With such an answer from Iris the client glanced at me with disgusted look. Hey now…. I don’t own her or anything like that you know….. Iris please, stop saying I’m your owner…. People will get the wrong idea… Sigh…. I gotta teach her how to speak properly soon.

The client went to bed in her tent and I told Iris to sleep as well. I stayed up all night to watch for any ambush. Needless to say, I won’t be getting any sleep.

Morning comes and our travel continues. It was uneventful, the same as the day before then we finally reached Asteria Village. Quite a peaceful looking village.

Greetings to you Guild

I have partaken the task of escorting a merchant to Asteria Village. The journey was uneventful as the path towards there lacked any dangers, however that is a glorious thing as boredom equats to free on danger. This report shall be submitted once I have returned.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady iris
Everything in order for now - AIEO
Rewards:
Gold: 40 exp

Euka

Quest - Evaluated
> > >
Escort Duty [SC407]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
We settled in Asteria for a few days until our former client started packing up for a return trip, I talked to her about the escort back and she was a little surprised that we had taken her double escort request.

“Huh… didn’t you to escort me again. Well, take care of me on the road then.”

I nod and helped her load up the carriage with what’s left of her merchandise. Looking at it, it seems she sold quite an amount. She tells us she’s leaving and me and Iris get inside the back of the carriage then took our seat.

The journey back was the same as usual as before, bumpy, unpleasant, and a rocky road. Again we camped for night with the same routine, only this time our client switched rotations with me when morning was a few hours away.

I thought we would take the same road back, but our client went northwards instead. I knew because I started noticing we were getting closer to the trees, it was still pretty open but it was a decent ambush for range users.

We stopped in the middle of the forest and our client got off of the coachman seat. We get off at the same time as well.

“I’m gonna go get some healing herbs, one of you follows me and the other stays to protects the carriage.”

I glance at Iris and think of who should do what. Either way on both situations, it’s an ideal one for bandits to ambush either of us, since we would be split up. Fifty-fifty risk….

“Iris, go with her. Make sure she doesn’t get hurt.”

Iris would look at me, as if hesitating to leave me.

“Go, it’ll be alright. Run back here with her if things you can’t handle the trouble.”

She nods and goes with our client deeper into the forest.

I stand guard near the carriage and occasionally hear the horse neigh. All seems good to be uneventful, until I heard a loud howl. I ready my stance, and then I remembered that those two are still deep in the forest. I’m nervous that they may be fighting direwolves of the forest, but I can’t just leave the carriage behind. I’ll just have to trust her on this and makes it back.

Minutes of what seemed like hours passed by as my anxiety steadily grew. When I was at the peak of my worry, I could hear something running in the forest. Looking at the source, it was them! They’re running back towards here, and I could see behind them were three direwolves chasing after them. I swiftly rushed forward towards them. One of the wolves was about to bite our client, I arrived just in time and slammed my tower shield against it. It got knocked back a decent amount of distance. Iris hides behind me while wielding her iron sword, whilst the other two wolves became wary of me. Our client seems to have taken some distance from all of us at the back.

Looking back, I can see that suffered some scratch wounds and a bite to her arm as it was bleeding. Damn it…. This is what I was worried about. I need to treats as soon as possible, but first I gotta take care of these guys.

I slammed my shield to ground, rooting it to increase its resistance from a force. I equip my long steel lance and pointed it at one of the wolves. The wolf I was pointing at distances itself from me, while the other was sneaking into my blindspot where I couldn’t see it due to my shield, but that’s fine. As my eyes were focused on the wolf I was pointing at still distanced itself from me, I could feel a presence charging at beyond the shield. The other wolf that repositioned itself, charged towards my shield and lowered my body before it would hit the shield. Due to me lowering my body, the shield inclined an angle that uprooted itself from the ground. Surprised by the sudden change of posture, the charging wolf landed on my shield. Feeling the difference of weight I pushed my shield upwards, which also launched the wolf into the air. I rooted my lance pointing upward, towards the launched wolf. Unable to reposition itself, it fell onto the tip of my lance and was impaled. Blood sprayed and dripped onto my armor, but I did not care as I glared at the wolf that I was once pointing at.

Uprooting my lance, I swung to slide off the corpse of the dead wolf and pointed my lance against the other once again.

“Iris, make a barrier between us.”

Iris did not question it and immediately made a translucent clear crystal between us. I was worried that the wolf I slammed recovered, but with this it’ll erase my worry a bit. I took a charging stance and rushed at the wolf. It would try to deviate from my path but I kept my lance pointed at it. When I got close to it, it made a desperate jump out of the way; anticipating it, I swing my lance sideways to make a long cut to wolf’s side. It falls on its side and I don’t waste the moment to pierce it.

At the tip of my vision was a wolf scurrying away whilst having a broken leg.

“Iris, kill it.”

Without a moment’s notice, Iris started creating blue crystal shards and sent them flying towards the wolf. Holes were formed in the process and it bled from said holes. I return to Iris to check on her, some of the scratch wounds that she had disappeared completely as if nothing happened. However the bite mark was bleeding slightly and needed to be treated, I took my spare shirt and torn it into a long cloth to wrap it around her bite mark. For now this will do until we get back.

I carried Iris back to the carriage and I see our client waiting for us by the horse.

“Whew…. Nice job out there. I got what I needed, let’s back to city now.”

This bitch…. She didn’t even atleast bother to be worried about her protector. I want to glare at her and retort for letting Iris get injured, but it was our job to protect and resist the urge to do so. I carried Iris to the back of the carriage and hurrily went back to the wolves I killed to skin them.

On the way back in the carriage I worriedly looked at Iris constantly, to which she tries to reassure me.

“Reival, Iris is fine. Reival no need to worry Iris.”

“That wound looked really bad.”

Iris seemed annoyed at my worry for her, so she removed the bloodied around her arm. I became extremely nervous at what she was doing but she stopped.

“Reival look.”

The bite on her arm bleeding became less and to my surprise, the bite wasn’t as big as before. I was sure it was a severe wound but now the gap of it became closer, but what really surprised me was her blood. I never noticed it before since I was in a hurry to treat her, but now that I’m calm I can clearly see it. Her blood, it’s not crimson red. It’s cerulean blue.

“Iris is fine. Iris heal wounds fast. Iris has blue blood, people call Iris cursed child.”

I remember her saying cursed before all this. Is her blood the reason she was a cursed one?

“Reival?.... Reival leave Iris now?...”

I was silent by the sudden thing I’m seeing and what she said. She must’ve my silence as my being nervous around her now. Looking at her, she’s not wearing that listless face. Instead she’s showing an anxious face. Staring at her eyes, they were not lifeless; I saw a glint of light in them instead. I wrap her arm again with the bandage.

“Don’t be stupid. I’m not leaving you.”

Those words caused her worries to dissipate and wore a faint smile. Yea…. I’m not gonna leave…. For once I felt something I haven’t felt a long time. Although it was a brief moment…. That feeling was nice…

Greetings to you Guild

As of the moment you have received this report. We have successfully accomplished in our escort of the merchant back. We encountered some problems with the return as our client took a different route to gather healing herbs by the northern forest. Direwolves were encountered in the north western forest road linking to an intersection towards the western road to Asteria, fear not for they were slayed. Alas Iris suffered injuries but worry not for she has recovered.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris.

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest - Evaluation Needed
> > >
Escort Duty [SC407]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >
We settled in Asteria for a few days until our former client started packing up for a return trip, I talked to her about the escort back and she was a little surprised that we had taken her double escort request.

“Huh… didn’t you to escort me again. Well, take care of me on the road then.”

I nod and helped her load up the carriage with what’s left of her merchandise. Looking at it, it seems she sold quite an amount. She tells us she’s leaving and me and Iris get inside the back of the carriage then took our seat.

The journey back was the same as usual as before, bumpy, unpleasant, and a rocky road. Again we camped for night with the same routine, only this time our client switched rotations with me when morning was a few hours away.

I thought we would take the same road back, but our client went northwards instead. I knew because I started noticing we were getting closer to the trees, it was still pretty open but it was a decent ambush for range users.

We stopped in the middle of the forest and our client got off of the coachman seat. We get off at the same time as well.

“I’m gonna go get some healing herbs, one of you follows me and the other stays to protects the carriage.”

I glance at Iris and think of who should do what. Either way on both situations, it’s an ideal one for bandits to ambush either of us, since we would be split up. Fifty-fifty risk….

“Iris, go with her. Make sure she doesn’t get hurt.”

Iris would look at me, as if hesitating to leave me.

“Go, it’ll be alright. Run back here with her if things you can’t handle the trouble.”

She nods and goes with our client deeper into the forest.

I stand guard near the carriage and occasionally hear the horse neigh. All seems good to be uneventful, until I heard a loud howl. I ready my stance, and then I remembered that those two are still deep in the forest. I’m nervous that they may be fighting direwolves of the forest, but I can’t just leave the carriage behind. I’ll just have to trust her on this and makes it back.

Minutes of what seemed like hours passed by as my anxiety steadily grew. When I was at the peak of my worry, I could hear something running in the forest. Looking at the source, it was them! They’re running back towards here, and I could see behind them were three direwolves chasing after them. I swiftly rushed forward towards them. One of the wolves was about to bite our client, I arrived just in time and slammed my tower shield against it. It got knocked back a decent amount of distance. Iris hides behind me while wielding her iron sword, whilst the other two wolves became wary of me. Our client seems to have taken some distance from all of us at the back.

Looking back, I can see that suffered some scratch wounds and a bite to her arm as it was bleeding. Damn it…. This is what I was worried about. I need to treats as soon as possible, but first I gotta take care of these guys.

I slammed my shield to ground, rooting it to increase its resistance from a force. I equip my long steel lance and pointed it at one of the wolves. The wolf I was pointing at distances itself from me, while the other was sneaking into my blindspot where I couldn’t see it due to my shield, but that’s fine. As my eyes were focused on the wolf I was pointing at still distanced itself from me, I could feel a presence charging at beyond the shield. The other wolf that repositioned itself, charged towards my shield and lowered my body before it would hit the shield. Due to me lowering my body, the shield inclined an angle that uprooted itself from the ground. Surprised by the sudden change of posture, the charging wolf landed on my shield. Feeling the difference of weight I pushed my shield upwards, which also launched the wolf into the air. I rooted my lance pointing upward, towards the launched wolf. Unable to reposition itself, it fell onto the tip of my lance and was impaled. Blood sprayed and dripped onto my armor, but I did not care as I glared at the wolf that I was once pointing at.

Uprooting my lance, I swung to slide off the corpse of the dead wolf and pointed my lance against the other once again.

“Iris, make a barrier between us.”

Iris did not question it and immediately made a translucent clear crystal between us. I was worried that the wolf I slammed recovered, but with this it’ll erase my worry a bit. I took a charging stance and rushed at the wolf. It would try to deviate from my path but I kept my lance pointed at it. When I got close to it, it made a desperate jump out of the way; anticipating it, I swing my lance sideways to make a long cut to wolf’s side. It falls on its side and I don’t waste the moment to pierce it.

At the tip of my vision was a wolf scurrying away whilst having a broken leg.

“Iris, kill it.”

Without a moment’s notice, Iris started creating blue crystal shards and sent them flying towards the wolf. Holes were formed in the process and it bled from said holes. I return to Iris to check on her, some of the scratch wounds that she had disappeared completely as if nothing happened. However the bite mark was bleeding slightly and needed to be treated, I took my spare shirt and torn it into a long cloth to wrap it around her bite mark. For now this will do until we get back.

I carried Iris back to the carriage and I see our client waiting for us by the horse.

“Whew…. Nice job out there. I got what I needed, let’s back to city now.”

This bitch…. She didn’t even atleast bother to be worried about her protector. I want to glare at her and retort for letting Iris get injured, but it was our job to protect and resist the urge to do so. I carried Iris to the back of the carriage and hurrily went back to the wolves I killed to skin them.

On the way back in the carriage I worriedly looked at Iris constantly, to which she tries to reassure me.

“Reival, Iris is fine. Reival no need to worry Iris.”

“That wound looked really bad.”

Iris seemed annoyed at my worry for her, so she removed the bloodied around her arm. I became extremely nervous at what she was doing but she stopped.

“Reival look.”

The bite on her arm bleeding became less and to my surprise, the bite wasn’t as big as before. I was sure it was a severe wound but now the gap of it became closer, but what really surprised me was her blood. I never noticed it before since I was in a hurry to treat her, but now that I’m calm I can clearly see it. Her blood, it’s not crimson red. It’s cerulean blue.

“Iris is fine. Iris heal wounds fast. Iris has blue blood, people call Iris cursed child.”

I remember her saying cursed before all this. Is her blood the reason she was a cursed one?

“Reival?.... Reival leave Iris now?...”

I was silent by the sudden thing I’m seeing and what she said. She must’ve my silence as my being nervous around her now. Looking at her, she’s not wearing that listless face. Instead she’s showing an anxious face. Staring at her eyes, they were not lifeless; I saw a glint of light in them instead. I wrap her arm again with the bandage.

“Don’t be stupid. I’m not leaving you.”

Those words caused her worries to dissipate and wore a faint smile. Yea…. I’m not gonna leave…. For once I felt something I haven’t felt a long time. Although it was a brief moment…. That feeling was nice…

Greetings to you Guild

As of the moment you have received this report. We have successfully accomplished in our escort of the merchant back. We encountered some problems with the return as our client took a different route to gather healing herbs by the northern forest. Direwolves were encountered in the north western forest road linking to an intersection towards the western road to Asteria, fear not for they were slayed. Alas Iris suffered injuries but worry not for she has recovered.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris.
Oh bugger I think to myself there goes the pets that were slated for some crime lord getting out oh deary me better cross them off the list fast~. "Well jobs done but I'm surprised the merchant didn't hire you for there and back since they were going to a place without a guild after all. It's extremely weird you should advise her to make sure she doesn't waste her time like that..."
Rewards:
Monery: 40 exp

BB_Tensei

{{ [APPROVED] }}

> > >
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC01]
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
> > >
There was a queue at the checkpoint right at the entrance of Scribel. Iris was there as well, huffing with a large backpack on her shoulders, tired from the road. She had no energy to spare to fiddle about, so instead she closed her eyes, trying to get some rest upright. Sadly the sounds from all around were obnoxiously louder this way.

“Oi!” A woman shouted from the side of another from somewhere in front of Iris, “How much longer will this take? It’s almost sundown!”

“Yeah! Our feet will bleed at this rate!” An older woman chimed in.

A couple of people behind Iris were whispering to each other in hissing tones, coherent with the light smell of a swamp creature that denoted lizardfolk:

“(Brother, are you aware why we are not moving?)”

“(Patience, lower spawn, the men are abuzz with excitement)”

“(Is there a fight fleeing toward us? Or hunters?)”

“(No, it is currency fraud. Some shell-hunters try sneaking in)”
“(Ours?)”

“(Not. Crim’s.)”

Iris’ comprehension of lizardspeak being low as it is, she still caught the gist of it. Contraband, huh?

The queue moved forward a bit, before pausing again. Iris, eyes still closed bumped into the two women from earlier.

“Hey, watch it!” The shorter one said, the other giving Iris a glare. She responded with an apologetic blush.

“Sorry…” She simply said, and took a look at the couple. They were rather lightly dressed for the weather. Locals, she guessed. She herself wasn’t as tolerant of the cold, and was glad of the baggage keeping her cloak close to her body.

“Let it be, Clarice. This girl seems like she crawled out from the sticks somewhere, so manners would be unexpected,” the taller girl smiled gently, her eyes slits.

Well, they seem bored, Iris thought to herself. She decided to ignore them, and looked away to the rolling hills on the side. Far into the horizon darkness was approaching.

“You are too kind, Flora.” The shorter girl said, finger on her chin. Iris noticed she was glaring at her pendant, “Hey give me that!”

“Sorry, no,” Iris responded. The girl reached out to pull on it, causing Iris to flinch back and bump into the lizardmen.

“What big idea iz?” The lizard hissed.
Iris decided it would be boring to apologize this time around, and stepped aside to glare at both of them. She enchanted her eyes to glamour the rabble with fear. The short girl cowered behind her big sister, who looked distressed, while the lizardmen’s forked tongues started darting out. Yet the small girl had a sneer on her face. Iris quickly realized the lizards had taken her spot in the queue. She sighed, throat parched, and headed slowly toward the end of it. She didn’t have much choice really.

An hour later by torchlight she entered the bridge into the city, and looked around to ask for directions. The guards were too busy finally changing shifts. The witch felt lost for direction, and sought to ask the local spirits, but to her dismay they were as busy as the mean townsfolk from earlier.

The streets seemed empty, except the main street, which still had back and forth traffic. Townsfolk were bringing home buckets of water on shoulder mounted yokes, presumably as dinner preparations. One of them was a large wolfkin woman. She stood out with her fierce expression. Some chimneys were already billowing out smoke. A couple of kids snuck quickly past her, obviously past curfew. They saw the wolf woman, shouting out “Sira!” and running away. She noticed one of the kids had horns. Sira herself looked away annoyed, and paused for a moment to readjust the yoke. This gave Iris a good entry point, so she asked her, looking up:

“Excuse me, would you know the way toward the Adventurer’s Guild?”

The wolfkin scratched her chin, and pointed down the street, instructing “Turn right over there, and keep walking riverside, until you see the large sign on the left.” It was simple enough.

“Thank you!” Iris nodded, and smiled as widely as her tired self could. Following the path laid out eventually brought her to the building itself…

“This should be all, yes?” Iris asked the receptionist she registered with. She activated her card, and put it in a pocket in her bosom.
“Yes, due to the late hour, I would recommend you find a place to rest, before looking for work. The quest board is updated early in the morning. Good luck!”

Iris really needed a drink. Something substantial. She made her way toward an open pub, and had a mind to order ale, before noticing a strange drink:

Broth with egg and yogurt? And it’s called Core Slime? What kind of town is this anyway...

Last edited:

Vanus

{{ Unevaluated }}

There was a queue at the checkpoint right at the entrance of Scribel. Iris was there as well, huffing with a large backpack on her shoulders, tired from the road. She had no energy to spare to fiddle about, so instead she closed her eyes, trying to get some rest upright. Sadly the sounds from all around were obnoxiously louder this way.

“Oi!” A woman shouted from the side of another from somewhere in front of Iris, “How much longer will this take? It’s almost sundown!”

“Yeah! Our feet will bleed at this rate!” An older woman chimed in.

A couple of people behind Iris were whispering to each other in hissing tones, coherent with the light smell of a swamp creature that denoted lizardfolk:

“(Brother, are you aware why we are not moving?)”

“(Patience, lower spawn, the men are abuzz with excitement)”

“(Is there a fight fleeing toward us? Or hunters?)”

“(No, it is currency fraud. Some shell-hunters try sneaking in)”
“(Ours?)”

“(Not. Crim’s.)”

Iris’ comprehension of lizardspeak being low as it is, she still caught the gist of it. Contraband, huh?

The queue moved forward a bit, before pausing again. Iris, eyes still closed bumped into the two women from earlier.

“Hey, watch it!” The shorter one said, the other giving Iris a glare. She responded with an apologetic blush.

“Sorry…” She simply said, and took a look at the couple. They were rather lightly dressed for the weather. Locals, she guessed. She herself wasn’t as tolerant of the cold, and was glad of the baggage keeping her cloak close to her body.

“Let it be, Clarice. This girl seems like she crawled out from the sticks somewhere, so manners would be unexpected,” the taller girl smiled gently, her eyes slits.

Well, they seem bored, Iris thought to herself. She decided to ignore them, and looked away to the rolling hills on the side. Far into the horizon darkness was approaching.

“You are too kind, Flora.” The shorter girl said, finger on her chin. Iris noticed she was glaring at her pendant, “Hey give me that!”

“Sorry, no,” Iris responded. The girl reached out to pull on it, causing Iris to flinch back and bump into the lizardmen.

“What big idea iz?” The lizard hissed.
Iris decided it would be boring to apologize this time around, and stepped aside to glare at both of them. She enchanted her eyes to glamour the rabble with fear. The short girl cowered behind her big sister, who looked distressed, while the lizardmen’s forked tongues started darting out. Yet the small girl had a sneer on her face. Iris quickly realized the lizards had taken her spot in the queue. She sighed, throat parched, and headed slowly toward the end of it. She didn’t have much choice really.

An hour later by torchlight she entered the bridge into the city, and looked around to ask for directions. The guards were too busy finally changing shifts. The witch felt lost for direction, and sought to ask the local spirits, but to her dismay they were as busy as the mean townsfolk from earlier.

The streets seemed empty, except the main street, which still had back and forth traffic. Townsfolk were bringing home buckets of water on shoulder mounted yokes, presumably as dinner preparations. One of them was a large wolfkin woman. She stood out with her fierce expression. Some chimneys were already billowing out smoke. A couple of kids snuck quickly past her, obviously past curfew. They saw the wolf woman, shouting out “Sira!” and running away. She noticed one of the kids had horns. Sira herself looked away annoyed, and paused for a moment to readjust the yoke. This gave Iris a good entry point, so she asked her, looking up:

“Excuse me, would you know the way toward the Adventurer’s Guild?”

The wolfkin scratched her chin, and pointed down the street, instructing “Turn right over there, and keep walking riverside, until you see the large sign on the left.” It was simple enough.

“Thank you!” Iris nodded, and smiled as widely as her tired self could. Following the path laid out eventually brought her to the building itself…

“This should be all, yes?” Iris asked the receptionist she registered with. She activated her card, and put it in a pocket in her bosom.
“Yes, due to the late hour, I would recommend you find a place to rest, before looking for work. The quest board is updated early in the morning. Good luck!”

Iris really needed a drink. Something substantial. She made her way toward an open pub, and had a mind to order ale, before noticing a strange drink:

Broth with egg and yogurt? And it’s called Core Slime? What kind of town is this anyway...
"I've never heard anyone else having trouble exiting or entering the town before you really should try another gate if you had to wait such a long time before entering miss and I also haven't waited that long you really must have chosen a poor time to come. Anyway nothing overtly troubling here."
REWARDS:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Unevaluated

Once again, she took the cooking rations quest.

> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107] - 6
Objectives:
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
Rewards:
> > >

The chef raised his eyebrow when he saw her for the third time. She gave him her nod and he nodded back before continuing his own dish.

Once again, she pulled the agar powder and honey from the cabinet. Then, put them both in the water and boil them. After that, she pulled one bowl from one cabinet, and the remaining ingredients as well. She mixed them into one mixture, then wait for the agar-honey to finish boiling.

After it was finished, she poured the agar into the bowl, and mix them using the wooden spoon. After that, putting it into the oven pan, she let the agar mixture spread evenly and put them into the oven. After it finished baking, she pull it out. Using the knife, she split them into 40 pieces.

After she was done, she said goodbye for the last time for today, and went to the receptionist.
Well done here's your reward.
OOC: mark your post as appraised

Zoey

Mustachu
Unevaluated

Quickly after she gave the receptionist her first 40 batch, she took the quest once again.

> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107] - 5
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Taking the previous ingredient, she began to prepare for another batch.

mix the sugar, milk and oats, in a bowl, and boil the agar powder and honey with water. Wait until it boiled, and mix both. Then, stir them and bake them for 2 hours. It was done, 40 batches of ration. She said goodbye to the chef once again, and return to the guild.
Well done here's your reward.
OOC: mark your post as appraised