Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Bochi

> > >
Making a Friend™ [SC03]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely: Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >
"Pocket full of posies~" --- Aquamarine
"So, Freddy, was it?"

"It's Frederick..."

"Ah, I understand. So, Ricky, how long have you been here? How's life in the slums?"

"...I give up. Call me whatever you like. And are you trying to pick a fight with me or something?"

"Eh? No, I'd never do that. Right, Derrick?"

"Sure...so you're telling me that you're an alien. What's an alien want with poor kids like us?"

"Don't be such a moron. You guys have one of 'those', don't you? I want in on 'that'."

"Hah? What do you mean, 'that'? You're not making sense."

"Oh, come on now. Surely you can trust a friend with that secret~"

"...Yay. The power of friendship. Fine, I'll tell you. But no telling others, okay?"

"Hai~"

*****​

Thirty minutes ago, Aquamarine had been wandering around the city, bored out of her mind, before deciding that she was going to need the deets. For that, she'd have to know someone from an information gathering group. Not the guild.

And no adult would take her seriously, probably, so she had to look for homeless people.

Then she quite literally ran into the boy. Homeless, starving, beaten up. Bingo.

It had taken her no time to win him over with her natural charisma (two skewers of meat purchased from the market), her winning personality (threatening to go down the street singing about that one crush he had when he was little, after the unfortunate boy accidentally spilled the beans) and her flawless logic (offering to patch up a friend's wounds). She then (quietly) pointed out how his fellow homeless kids were in danger of strangers (such as her) accidentally getting them killed.

Yes, it was a good talk (no it wasn't). They even became the best of friends (not really).

It's funny how coincidences work sometimes. Vicious had done the exact same thing to the poor Frederick when she first got to Tonia. At this point, the kid was already used to it.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal

Still recovering from my wounds of my rank up quest, I decided to take it easy and go through the reports... Let's see what we have this time...
unevaluated

Drevart walked into the receptionist hall of the Guild. He looked a bit pale and had a faint, lingering smell from swamp water... again. His upper body had a couple of decently sized bites, faintly glowing with the light shades of gray.

"Good evening. I've come to deliver some samples of the Blood Lilypad Mrs. Briele asked for. To be honest I'd like to keep a couple of samples to myself since they can be used as a poison. Will 5 or 7 be enough for her research?"

He asked while taking out some lilypads with beautiful blood-red patterns running through the leaves. As if the real veins.

After reporting the results of his help with the city defenses preparations, Drevart decided to immediately undertake another quest after just a short break in the tavern. He moved out at night, stealthily moving across the fields. Only his shadow remaining in the places he ran past. These fields were almost harmless but he couldn’t afford to be reckless, so after moving a mile away from the city the young man significantly slowed down. This area can be infested by different monsters, maybe not the likes of wolves or bears, but giant rats or a solitary slime or heck even something like a carnivorous mole can always kill him if he would be careless… especially with his luck. And indeed, after some time travelling he managed to notice something unusual ahead. There was a tiny silvery string sparkling under the moonlight and if he were moving with his previous speed Drevart would immediately fall right into it. After closer inspection, he found out that there were quite a few more of those threads. It was a cobweb. A giant one at that…. But seeing the denseness and the thickness of the strings the spiders themselves shouldn’t be that large. But their amount would need to be enormous to create such a large trap.

After moving around the huge web-filled hole in the ground he went deeper to the south. He took out the pamphlet he was given in the guild and started carefully looking at the drawing. In the dim, morning twilight one could make out a silhouette of the lilypad. It had a well-defined, easily recognizable pattern on the leaf, like blood vessels crawling across the skin. In the dim morning light, when the first rays of light just started appearing in the world around him, they appeared to be black but Drevart knew all too well that they were, in fact, blood-red, like freshly-drawn blood.

/The report, first mentioning of the Blood Lilypads was in the quest reports about gathering healing herbs. So it should be near the Scribel city. Sadly the adventurer who posted the report didn’t specify where I should find it. Back at home lilypads were mostly growing in the lakes or in the rivers near them. But here I will have to move around a bit since no specific information was provided. First of all, maybe I shall try getting close to that lake in the marshlands but if that failed then I’ll just try looking around the river near the swamps./

After moving for a while and without any unnecessary adventures Drevart finally saw the river which was located in the south of Scribel City. And just beyond the river, there were marshlands he was looking for. The trees in the morning fog looked a little bit eerie but… it did bring up old memories. Drevart stopped for a second, watching as the morning fog was rolling under the rays of the sun. It reminded him of his homeland. There was constant mist there due to the high concentration of Aether. But that mist was different it wasn’t the water vapor rising from the ground but a mist of highly concentrated energy. It was hallucinogenic for normal people but harmless to the phantoms.

/Well I shall get going. The quest won’t complete itself…/

……………………………………………….

Even though Drevart tried his best to move through the marshland stealthily he still managed to attract unwanted attention. Right now he was running away… again. And the thing chasing him was… a swarm of giant dragonflies. He always thought that they were called giant because they were truly gigantic but it seems he was wrong again. They were not as gigantic as he thought them to be. Just a little over the size of normal giant rats. And it seems their bites have some acidic properties since after getting bitten a couple of times Drevart’s wound started to sting a little bit more than usual and the regeneration ability of his body seemed to be impeded.

“Haa... So what I shall do now?... Haa… haaa…”

Drevart was almost out of breath. He was sprinting for about half an hour already and his weakened body can’t handle such strain. He gritted his teeth and decided to take a bath in the swamp again. Diving straight into the river he just hoped that there wouldn’t be any carnivorous creatures down in the water. To improve his disguise and mask the smell Drevart decided to use mud from the bottom of the river to cover some parts of his body. So, after moving away from the spot he dived at he climbed out of the water and started covering some parts of his body in mud and mumbling quietly something along the lines of.

“Who thought there would be such disgustingly annoying creatures in here? They should be more compassionate to people crossing the swamp and maybe, just maybe there won’t be a person in the future who will come here later to take revenge on those buggers…”

Drevart was really annoyed by the chase. The bites of the dragonflies were not that big only because he managed to run away in time. He believed that had he stayed there for half a minute more he would be dead already. But he really wanted to check those dragonflies up close. Their body was beautiful. Light-emerald hue on their chitin… rainbow patterns on the wings… He just couldn’t help himself and wanted to dissect some of them.

/So hereby I make a vow to myself, I shalt return here and dissect every single one of you!/

…………………………………………..

After getting the taste of the creatures inhabiting the marshlands he decided to take a route around it and don’t go in the depths of this region. There was almost no information about this territory in the guild and if such creatures were already roaming the outskirts then what was in the depths of these lands…

Drevart shuddered at the thought and decided against heading deeper into the marshland. It may look almost peaceful on the outside but he did notice some tracks left behind by quite large monsters.

After walking for a while he noticed an outpost in the distance. It seemed like the cooperation of adventurer’s guild and Scribel city government decided to put this outpost here to ward off any dangers coming from the marshlands or send a distress signal if things were going south.

Adventurer A: “Hey, halt there! This is a dangerous area and it’s off-limits to the citizens of the city of Scribel!”

Drevart watched as a couple of adventurers scaled down the walls and stopped him.

“Oh, I’m an adventurer from the adventurer’s guild. And I accidentally found my way here.”

Adventurer B: “Ah, so you’re our comrade then. Welcome to adventurer’s guild marshland outpost. Don’t take it to heart but why such a weak person like you went all the way to the marshlands? Shouldn’t you be doing some low-level missions to get experience and become stronger first?”

Drevart smiled wryly and shook his head.

“I’m indeed too weak to roam the marshlands so I didn’t venture deep. After getting almost eaten by some giant acid-spewing dragonflies I quickly decided to roam on the outskirts of the marshlands. I am looking for this grass. Maybe you can help me?”

Drevart showed them the drawing of the Blod Lilypad and the adventurers quickly nodded.

Adventurer A: “Yeah. This thing is pretty common in the marshlands but it would be perilous for you to go there. You can try to find some of them upstream near the waterfall. We saw that sometimes a random lilypad would go down the river and wall in the lake in the middle of marshlands.”

Drevart nodded and bowed a little with heartfelt gratitude. He didn’t want to risk his life going deeper into the marshlands to get this grass.

Adventurer B: “By the way, you mentioned a swarm of giant dragonflies. How big were they?”

Drevart furrowed his brow trying to remember and answered.

“Somewhere around 20 to 30 cm”

The adventurer who asked the question sighed in relief.

Adventurer B: “That’s good. You’ve met the younglings of the true giant dragonflies. They use acid to help themselves devour their prey. You were quite lucky to get away from them. But we will have to exterminate the swarm before they grow too large.”

Drevart shuddered at the thought of even bigger dragonflies. He didn’t want to meet them any time before he returns his Large Mirage ability. After that maybe, if he has a decent weapon and the swarm isn’t too large he can kill them. But for now, it would be better to leave the younglings to the professionals.

“Thank you for the suggestion to look near the waterfall. I guess I’ll be going then and good luck with hunting.”

Adventurers A and B: “Yeah, you too!”

After that, he moved around the outpost and went to the place where the blood lilypads were supposed to be.

………………………………………..

There were almost no monsters on the way to the lake because of the close proximity to the outpost. After gathering 10 lilypads with beautiful blood-red patterns on them Drevart started walking away afterward. But suddenly he felt a threat moving towards him at high speeds. Making a quick roll to the side he noticed how something pinkish and bouncy hit a tree and after that, there was a faint burning smell coming from it. After turning around he noticed a certain mud mound moving and pulling back the pinkish blur which turned out to be its tongue. Faint arcs periodically appeared on the mound’s body. It had six small horns growing on its back and when it started moving one could understand that it was, in fact, a frog. And a big one at that. Faint electric arcs were moving from its horns and down to cover all the body. The frog’s eyes were following every Drevart’s movement.

/This is…/

He was at a loss of what this creature even was. A frog the size of a medium-sized dog with electricity covering its skin and it seems the tongue can discharge electric currents on hit too.

/What is this creature?/

He asked himself and ducked right away to dodge another tongue lashing out at him. It seemed that these creatures were quite dumb since it didn’t try to aim it’s tong properly and just shot it in a straight line. Drevart tried to get closer to this thing but another tongue was already coming his way, so he had to brace the impact.

*Pshhhhh

A scorching sound was heard and the young man ground his teeth in pain. The electric current was stronger than he expected. He even lost the feeling of his arms for a couple of seconds, enough time for the frog to lash out another tongue. But this time Drevart dodged it.

/To hell with it! I’m tired of constantly running away! The only thing I was doing in this world after coming here was running away!! I’ll kill this stupid thing and make a stew out of it!/

He thought in his anger and started running in the direction of his enemy. They were just 7 meters apart. He needed only a couple of seconds to move in the striking range. But the tongue of the frog was faster. He had to dodge 3-5 times while trying to move closer to the frog and in close proximity he was almost hit in the face by this thing. Only good reaction speed and a keen sense of danger helped him to avoid the direct hit. When the tongue was brushing past his face Drevart felt a little numbness.

/It seems I can only stake it all on my illusions. I can’t fight this thing without using them…/

He was a bit bitter at heart but he understood that this was the only choice for him. He never had any special blade- or foot-work… well, he had a certain degree of proficiency with those but he was never talented in them.

Drevart rushed at his enemy again, but this time his silhouette suddenly… stumbled. This didn’t escape the frog’s eyes and it immediately shot it’s tongue at the target but… the tongue passed right through the Drevart’s silhouette without any resistance. The frog was dumbfounded and immediately tried to pull it back. At the same moment, it felt as if something was moving closer to its skin from the right side just outside its field of view. The frog immediately jumped forward to move out of the range of the attack. And just when it was moving above a harmless patch of reed a hand stretched out of there with the broken blade pointed upwards and slightly tilted to provide a better slashing angle.

The stomach of the frog was creating tiny arcs of electricity and they were going right through the blade and into the hand holding it. Drevart gritted his teeth and endured the searing pain in his arm. He had to. The cut wasn’t that deep. But it was not a shallow one as well.

The frog limply landed in the mud with a loud splash. It started turning around but Drevart was already near the monster, his blade drawn to pierce the soft skin on the bottom side of the mouth. But the frog saw things differently. It was seeing as if the blade was moving towards its right eye in a slashing motion so it tried to tilt its body to avoid the strike but… the real one still hit it pinning the tongue of the frog to its own mouth. Drevart immediately released the blade and just as he did so, electric currents started running through the broken sword and they were much more powerful than before.

The monster immediately started leaping away and when Drevart saw that it was going into the lake he strained all his Aether reserves a bit more, sucking them dry and even tapping into his body composition again to distort the spatial perception of the frog. He made it envision as if it moved too much to the side so it was moving not really in the direction of the lake. So the frog, believing its instincts and being too dumb to think turned again and this time it jumped in the direction it believed the lake to be but in fact it was the direction a bit away from its intended target.

Drevart had to support this illusion for a couple of minuits before the frog finally died from internal and external bleeding. He sighed looking at the corpse sprawled on the ground.

“Finally this thing died. I’m not sure for how much more I would’ve been able to manipulate it’s perception. Thankfully as it was growing weaker the amount of Aether needed to support the illusion was getting less.”

Drevart looked pale. But in his eyes.. .there was a faint flame burning. He was glad. He was really glad that he killed something. He hunted something else and was not the one being hunted. It was such an exhilarating feeling that he almost forgot where he was and almost shouted at the sky. But quickly getting a hold of himself he put away the corpse of the frog in his bag after it bled out and left the crime scene quickly. Drevart's blade became completely unusable after all of this electricity going through it, but he still preferred to keep the remains with him. After all, he can try to get a discount from the blacksmith for giving him some quality iron and even in the shape of the blade… even though it was melted a bit.

………………………………………………….

That’s how the adventure concluded. The return road was safe, Drevart went with the supply caravan going from outpost to the Scribel city, they were happy to help the fellow adventurer and hitched him a ride for free.
"Mister Drevart... You certainly need to be more careful on where you're going. It would have done you well to get some information on the marshlands before diving deep into them with the hopes of getting the Blood Lilypads.

"And I can understand that fleeing from stronger enemies can be frustrating, but please understand that we'd much rather have an alive cowards, than a dead brave... Hopefully you agree to those thoughts too, you're still far too young to have funeral.

"That said, you did clear the quest properly and you can keep the extras you brought, 5 of them are enough as a sample.

"Please take better care of yourself.

"May the gods grant you some much needed luck."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal

The next report in question was from... Mister Green? Come to think of it, it's been a while since I last saw him, I wonder how he is doing now and... Wow, how did this happen to him?
UNAPPRAISED

BigGreen's Quest Report
~~~~Gobo and I are still getting used to our new situation, so we chose something we thought that would be easier for us. There were a few complications during the sheep's grazing, but nothing serious. We eventually led back the sheep back to their home.~~~~
I wake up and open my eyes to little beams of lights, that break through the tree leaves. I look around and see Gobo sleeping on the grass floor with me. I yawn and go to touch the wooden dome around us.

"Looks like it held up for the night. This little building was worth it after all." I said as I smiled

This 12x12 wooden dome around us took me nearly 2 days to make. With finding the place and finally building it. We chose a spot just near the entrance too the Northern Forest of Scribel and I Plant Manipulated two close by trees to form the dorm. It was nothing much, just a wooden circle around us, a door for us to enter, and a wooden hole on the top to let the smoke out. However it was nice to have a place to come back too.

"Okay. Gobo time to wake up bud. We will head towards town and get you some breakfast first" I explained

"Okay food for Gobo" Gobo yawned

From yesterday's little experiment in eating, it looks like I didn't need any nourishment from eating. All I needed was some mana, sunlight, and water. Gobo on the other hand, even with his little transformation into a Plant Goblin, he still needed to eat regular meals though. So we walked through the North Gate of the town and head towards the Tavern for breakfast, before we went to the Adventurer's Guild. We say good morning to Pierre and order a meal for Gobo and for me just water was fine. We make small talk with Pierre about our new little base I built and Pierre told us to visit him every now and then. As Pierre and I say our goodbyes he makes a last comment.

"It's good to have you back BigGreen, it's not everyday your little-potted plant friend turns into a person. Haha." Pierre smiled

"Yes, your not the the only one. The other little amount of people I know were also were surprised that I turned into this." I chuckled

We both say our goodbye's and I head out towards to the Adventurer's Guild.

++++++++
We enter the Adventurer's Guild and I now know how Gobo felt when it was his first time being stared at. Quite a few eyes were on me, while Gobo and I waited in line for our turn for the receptionist. While waiting in the line, Gobo and I talked about what we needed at our new base. We initially decided on a some cloth or bedsack for Gobo to sleep on and may be some cooking equipment, but before we decided it was our turn at the receptionist. We say hello and ask for the Shepherding Sheep quest. With our quest accepted we head off to our destination, a little sheep farm. I had something I wanted to do at this sheep farm, something I've been longing to due ever since I got this new body.

We arrive at the sheep farm and greet the owner, he says his name is Jake. He thanks for helping him today and leads us to his little sheep herd, out unto the field. As we walk towards the sheep herd, I see a little figure waving a little blue shining stick. As we arrive at the sheep herd, Jake talks to the young man.

"Ryan come over here" Jake says.

The boy waving the blue shining stick, looks back at the owner and walks towards us. While he is walking towards us the whole sheep herd is also follows him.

"Oh forgot to turn it off" he says

He shakes the stick a few times and the blue shine dims and disappears.

"Okay. What did you need dad?" he asks

"These two are BigGreen and Gobo. They are going to help with today's protection" Jake explains

Jake and Ryan talk for a bit more, until Jake leaves and tells us to come back when the sun just starts to set. Ryan introduces himself to us and tells us he's Jake son. He explains that today he would be in charge of leading the sheep to the grazing area and all that Gobo and I needed to do was protect the sheep while they ate. "Easy enough" I thought and asked for what kind of monsters or things we would encounter on our trip. He told me the occasional lone wolf or any stray predator looking for an alone sheep. After all the explanations were over, we headed off to the grazing area for the sheep. Yes.Yes.It's almost time.

Ryan walks in front of the herd with the shining blue stick, while the sheep follow him. We eventually arrive at the grazing area, crossing over a wide bridge. It was a big flat fertile land, a perfect place for the sheep to eat and rest. While Ryan got the sheep all settled in, Gobo and I went to scout the area. We mostly saw, small animals, nothing that would endanger the head, and we met back with Ryan.

"Okay. All we need to do now is let the sheep graze. It's pretty boring, but at least relaxing for us" Ryan chuckled

++++++++
"Hey Ryan..... I got request" I asked

"Yeah go ahead. What do you need?" Ryan said

"Umm...Can...Can...I...pet a sheep" I twiddled my thumbs

"What? Can you say that again. I couldn't hear you" Ryan commented

"Can I pet a sheep..." I muttered

"What?" Ryan looked confused.

"Can I pet one of your sheep Please" I asked confidently

"Oh ya sure. Go right ahead. We have a lot people who wanna come pet our sheep, it's actually really common" Ryan said unsurprised

"OKAY THANK YOU" I say as I rush too find my perfect fluff

It took a long time of fluff searching, but I think I've found it. It was lying on it's stomach by itself under the shade of a small tree. Yes this was the white soft fluffy feeling I was looking for. I approach cautiously to not frighten the little thing.

"Just one more step and.... yes I'm here" I smile

I plunge both of my palms into the soft looking fluffy white wool of sheep.

:blob_melt:"Yes this is the feeling of fluff" I say , as I head first right into it's fluff :blob_uwu:

*rustle*rustle*
"So fluffy" I giggled as I pet the sheep some more

*rustle*rustle*rustle*
"But why does my fluffing have to be so short" I said depressed :blob_pat_sad:

A wolf suddenly jumps out of the new bushes, trying to grab my fluff. It come jaws first biting at the sheep's neck, I block it with my left arm and it latches onto me. Gobo has heard the commotion and has started running towards my way. While the wolf is latched unto my arm, I conjure a bright flash of green-tinted light and cast it right in-front of it's face. The wolf let's go of my arm and while it's blind and disorientated, I create needles of light and send them flying towards the wolf. My attack connects and the wolf whimpers in pain, just in time for Gobo to smash it with a Shield Bash. The wolf falls down laying on it's side and I then casted Vines of Light, that made several vines of light that gushed out of the ground beneath the wolf and covered the wolf. Now that the wolf was bounded and could not move any more, Gobo came in with the killing blow with his sword.

*Deep breath*
"Good timing Gobo" I gave him a thumbs-up

"Mhm Master and Gobo strong" Gobo grunted

As we continue to check the area for more predators we hear Ryan.

"Hey!...HEY! Is everything over okay there now!?" Ryan asked concerned

I waved to Ryan and shouted back "Yeah, but I think we should leave from this area now. Who knows what might come now. Now that blood is in the air."

"Okay then, the sheep should be done grazing today as well. So it's fine." Ryan says

"So about this Wolf carcass, do you think your father would help us carve it up" I asked

"Yeah sure no problem, just let us have some of the meat in return. I haven't had wolf in a while" Ryan smiled

++++++++
We arrive at Ryan's father sheep farm with the herd and all. Ryan leads the sheep back into their home and turn off the shining blue stick. He tells us to wait here and he will get get his father. *Sigh*"I guess this is the all the fluffing I'm going to have for today" I stated, while looking at those balls of fluff:blob_pat_sad: . Ryan eventually comes back bringing his father with him.

"Well now, that's quite something you brung back. Now isn't it" Jake said.

"It is and I was wondering if you could help me carve it up. You can keep some of the meat or fur as well." I asked

"No,no,no. Don't worry about it. You keeping my little'ol sheep herd and my boy safe is payment enough. Now let's go in the back with your Wolf" Jake smiled

We walk to the back of Jake's house and enter his room for preparing meat.

"If you don't mind me asking. Is this your first time hunting?" Jake questioned, while looking for his equipment

"If you don't count slimes, then yes this would be my first prey. How did you know?" I stated

"Most people I know out here wouldn't ask for someone's help in cleaning up their kill. If you want, I can teach you some of basics?" Jake asked

"Yes, please if you could" I said surprised

For the next 5 hours or so, Jake taught me the basics of skinning, meat cutting and necessary things when cutting up you kill. He also taught me a bit of how to cook and preserve my meats. The things that I learned here would be definitely useful in the future. Jake asked me to stay for dinner, but I still had to go do some shopping before nightfall. I thanked Jake again and as we left, I have him a weaker healing potion and a couple of Mana Glowstones as payment for today's lessons. Next destination, shopping for home necessities.

++++++++
After me and Gobo's little shopping spree we both went back home. It was a nice walk home, with the setting sun in the distance, glowing a bright red orange. As we settle down our supplies in the base, I prepare Gobo's dinner. Gobo on the other hand, went to go grab some firewood and a bucket of water. Gobo arrives back, while I finish making his dinner. I make tea with few nearby herbs and a Small Mana Glowstone. We both finish our dinner's for the day and we enter our little dome house. Gobo lay's his sleeping mat down and falls asleep easily. I sit on the the wall looking up into the ceiling and into the night sky.
-5g>>>1x Meals (Good)
-1x Weaker Healing Potion
-3x Small Mana Glowstones
Learned Basic Animal Dismantling
Learned Basic Food Preservation
+4x Small Wolf Meat
+1x Large Wolf pelt
+5x Firewood
"Well, mister Green, that was certainly a surprise. I didn't expect you to change this much in such a short amount of time... It's good to see you're doing well though.

"Also glad to see you found a place to settle down on, but be careful with what you put in it. You wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention that might destroy your camp, right?

"Regardless, excellent job out there, please keep the good work up.

"May the gods give you the opportunity to fulfill your desires once again."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 14G

AliceShiki

Appraisal

This is from a newcomer it seems? I pray she didn't face much trouble...
"I used the slimes to destroy the slimes." --- Aquamarine
For the Caster, taking out slimes proved to be more easier than she expected.

First up, she was outside the city, sitting by the river, when she spotted a little cluster of things going boing.

"...Huh?"

The exterior properties seemed cute enough until one of them fired a jet of water at her. The girl diverted the jet and watched it soak into the riverbank. She then snatched up one of the slimes with her hair.

It's water.

*Boing*

Following an arc of water that bounced off her hair harmlessly, the girl realized that she was being attacked. None-effectual, but still.

I see how it is.

The slime in her hair's grasp popped as the girl squeezed, leaving behind nothing but it's core. Then she turned to look at the others, still shooting water at her.

Twenty minutes later, the girl was back with a sack of ten slime cores.
"Well, miss Aquamarine, I'm glad to see you didn't face much trouble against slimes... Be careful though, they can melt you if you're careless, and some adventurers reported seeing slimes that could make such a highly-pressurized water jet, that it could make holes in trees.

"I know they do not look dangerous at first, but there is a reason we call them monsters, remember to keep your guard up. I wouldn't want to host your funeral because you failed to treat an enemy with the attention it deserves... I have hosted far too many of those already.

"Regardless, you did a good job, please keep it up.

"May the gods guide you through all of your tasks safely."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 10G

AliceShiki

Appraisal

Another one from her? She certainly seems active... That's not bad in itself though, let's see what she found...
"Ring around the roses~" --- Aquamarine
The little girl received quite a bit of attention as she floated through the city. Whenever she met a guard on patrol, they'd look at her, then pat her on the head.

It made her quite indignant. So she wandered off into the alleyways instead. Noting the change in environment, Aquamarine decided to hover a little bit higher, just a little ways such that it'd look like she was on an imaginary second floor. Then she continued floating.

It was early afternoon and she wasn't really expecting anything, to be honest. So it was quite the surprise when she spotted movement from the other end of an alley she'd just swung into. Making an effort to fly faster, Aquamarine followed. Three alleys later she had her answer; two men in black robes lifting a sack between them. The sack was struggling and failed to cover the legs that peeked out. A child, by the looks of it.

Oh, a kidnapping. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Idly musing to herself, Aquamarine decided to follow the kidnappers to their base of operations. Whether she'd attempt a rescue was up to circumstances, but at least the location had to be found, right? She continued floating after them, for five or six more alleys, until the men stopped and she ducked back to the previous alley. There was a small clanking of metal, then silence.

Aquamarine peeked around the corner again. The trio were gone, and she could guess where they'd went to. There was a large circular metallic piece in the floor, with a handle attached to it.

Sewage system. I'm not going down there.

So instead the girl went back to turn in the report.
"I must say it is always a displeasure to read the reports of those quests... Thank you for reporting it, miss Aquamarine, I'll relay it to the proper authorities and hopefully the issue will be saved before it is too late... I'll pray for the child's safety.

"You did well in not going alone against many enemies, it's important to know your own limits.

"May the gods bring good news for you soon."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G

AliceShiki

Appraisal
"Pocket full of posies~" --- Aquamarine
"So, Freddy, was it?"

"It's Frederick..."

"Ah, I understand. So, Ricky, how long have you been here? How's life in the slums?"

"...I give up. Call me whatever you like. And are you trying to pick a fight with me or something?"

"Eh? No, I'd never do that. Right, Derrick?"

"Sure...so you're telling me that you're an alien. What's an alien want with poor kids like us?"

"Don't be such a moron. You guys have one of 'those', don't you? I want in on 'that'."

"Hah? What do you mean, 'that'? You're not making sense."

"Oh, come on now. Surely you can trust a friend with that secret~"

"...Yay. The power of friendship. Fine, I'll tell you. But no telling others, okay?"

"Hai~"

*****​

Thirty minutes ago, Aquamarine had been wandering around the city, bored out of her mind, before deciding that she was going to need the deets. For that, she'd have to know someone from an information gathering group. Not the guild.

And no adult would take her seriously, probably, so she had to look for homeless people.

Then she quite literally ran into the boy. Homeless, starving, beaten up. Bingo.

It had taken her no time to win him over with her natural charisma (two skewers of meat purchased from the market), her winning personality (threatening to go down the street singing about that one crush he had when he was little, after the unfortunate boy accidentally spilled the beans) and her flawless logic (offering to patch up a friend's wounds). She then (quietly) pointed out how his fellow homeless kids were in danger of strangers (such as her) accidentally getting them killed.

Yes, it was a good talk (no it wasn't). They even became the best of friends (not really).

It's funny how coincidences work sometimes. Vicious had done the exact same thing to the poor Frederick when she first got to Tonia. At this point, the kid was already used to it.
"I really question your definition of 'friend', miss Aquamarine, but... I suppose it is alright for as long as you care for them.

"Try to at least memorize their name though, alright?

"May the gods give you close relationships."

Final Reward:
Exp:

Alma

appraised
> > >

Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC01]
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
> > >
The guidebook said that the guild is the proxy of the god that governs story. The story of adventurer is then turned into power. Therefore, the player had to register at the adventurer guild.

'The developer sure is meticulous, even something like EXP is explained with lore.' He thought. 'So... according to the guidebook, new players should go to adventurer guild. Right, I should register there now.'

It was uncomfortable, seeing people staring at him. Since he emerged from the gate, he could feel their stares. How lifelike, he thought. The people was staring at his naked body, clad only in underwear. At this point, he wished for the earth to swallow him. He already swallowed his embarassment before. He resolved to get to adventurer guild quickly to get money to buy one.

He touched the crystal and say, "«Map»". A map appeared before him, showing the dots around him. The guideline said that those are enemies, if he remembered correctly. He tried to look around, but there was no adventurer guild at all. In fact, there was no word written. Therefore, he can only ask. Looking around, he saw someone clad in what he thought was leather armor. He asked him,

"Excuse me, can you give me direction to adventurer guild?" He asked.

"Ah, a new traveler?" The man said. He then pointed out to a building, "Sure, it is there."

Thanking the man for the direction, Seiji went to the building. Inside of the building, he saw something like a counter, where a human girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was sitting. Some of the people there also lined up behind the
desk. He then lined up behind them.

As he came to the forefront, he asked the woman, "Excuse me, is this where I register as an adventurer?"

"Sure. Fill out this form."

When he saw the form, it was written in his language. The developer sure made it convenient in some parts. He filled them all, and returned it to the woman.

Receiving the form from him, the woman said, "All right, that's the quest board. How about you look for SC01 one?"

He then looked for the quest board. One side has quests that was coded with some kind of code beside the quest name, while the other side has none. Since it was a code, he looked at that section.

"SC01, SC01... there it is."

Grabbing one paper on the forefront, he saw that the stack behind it was filled with the similar quest. He wondered if there was a printing press in this game. Comparing the one on his hand and one on the board showed that the lines that made up the border of the quest was not identical. Not to mention there are a few differences in spacing between words.

"Uwaa... how much resources is used for this kind of detail?" he muttered.

He once again joined the line. As he arrived, the receptionist showed him.

"Alright, I want to teach you how to fill the quest report."

----------------------------
Quest report:
- I am in the world of Tonia, in scribel city.
- The location of adventurer guild is in the square where the gate is.
Survive on my first day? So I should avoid the encounter with the mobs, right?

He left the guild.

Time passed, and the wind became more chilly. His stomach also had been growling all this time.

'Hunger mechanic? This game even have hunger mechanic?' He thought.

Was it his own hunger, or was it the game? He tried to remember, but he couldn't find any mention of hunger mechanic. Thinking that it was his own body, he then touched the crystal in his left hand and said, "«Log out»!"

Nothing happened.

Once again, he shouted, "«Log Out»!"

Nothing happened.

He felt chill on his back. He started to sweat. It was really cold. The feeling of dread budding within his mind. Was he trapped in the game? The guidebook did not even mention other way to log out. No... It did mention one. He had to die first, and he could log out. It did not matter for him right then, if he couldn't login until the day after the next.

He looked at the river, and threw himself.

---

Death by drowning felt terrible, he thought. After this, he should give the developer feedback about the realistic sensation. When he opened his eyes, it was not the ceiling of the pod that was greeted him. It was the square where the gate was.

Why? Why was he still here? Why can't he log out!?

Right, there should be a GM right? How could he contact the GM?

"GM! I need help! I cannot log out!" he shouted.

He looked at the people. One of them must be a player. Or one of them must be a GM. Yet, how come no one was panicking? Hearing him saying that he couldn't log out, won't other player try it themselves? He looked at the woman with rabbit ears. She looked at him for a while, but then continued her conversation. He looked at the man with a sword behind his back. Their glances met once, but he continued to walk away.

Scribel city was the only beginner zone. There should be a player in this place. Among those 1000, he couldn't believe that he was alone in this city right then.

He continued to shout. But how come no one react strangely? How come no one was panicking?

After some time, someone in armor then went to him. Was he a player? Was he a GM? Hope started to blossom in his heart seeing him coming. He must be there to help him, right?

His hope was dashed, when the word from the man came.

"You are arrested for public disturbance! Come with us peacefully or we will use force to arrest you!" The man said.

How? He couldn't log out right now. Why was no one helping him? Why? Why?

He threw himself at the man.

---

Another death. He felt the blade of the man piercing through his chest. It felt hard to breathe. He felt that his eyes became heavier and heavier. His eyes closed.

He opened his eyes. It was his corpse that was in front of him. His corpse was there, starting to fall after the man released the blade from his body. The man then looked at the corpse, and brought his corpse away.

Once again he did not log out.

---

He did not know how many days passed since then. He couldn't die. He couldn't escape. He sat there, wasting away. He did not eat, drink. He sat there, waiting for something, anything. Each time he was awakened, he checked himself. He was still in the game world. Each time he did this, he despaired.

It was then, when someone came to him.

"Eh... Mister Ghost Rea...?"

He raised his head. It was the receptionist woman, standing in front of him. He lowered his head, feeling no strength to do so. He couldn't hear what she said. He felt his hand were tugged, and his body lifted. Once again, darkness embraced him.

---

"You're awake!" A woman's voice came.

His throat felt parched. Slowly, He opened his eyes, and saw the woman once again. She was wearing a white robe. He wanted to say something, but no sound were coming.

The woman then pitched some water and gave it to him. With one word, he said, "Why?"

"You look like you need help, mister."

Somehow, he felt that what she said held some kind of beauty in them.

---

Two days passed. In the two days he was there, he found that he was sleeping in the church of light. At the end of the two days, he felt that his strength has recovered.

"Well... Someone saved me when I was almost died. He sacrificed himself to let me escape from the monster attack. Since then I was like you... So I kind of saw myself in you? Well... a priest from this church then did the same to me. He helped me until I was ready once again to be adventurer. Though, these days, I am only working at the guild." She explained.

"..."

"You know. I believe that everyone should have hope. No matter how bad it is, they should strive to keep the hope in their heart."

Could he start hoping to go back? Should he accept it and wait?

"Well... take your time. If you are ready, I'll walk with you to the adventurer guild once again, if you want."

It was no longer a game, he thought. It was reality to him. The woman in front of him was real, not something artificial. He could see. He could hear. He could taste. He could feel. He could smell. It was no different to his previous world. He was sorry for his family because his body might never be awake anymore. Perhaps... Perhaps, he would stay here until the day he died in the other world.

"Seiji... My name is Seiji." He said to the woman.

---

Quest report:
- I... survived.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
> > >

Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC01]
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
> > >
The guidebook said that the guild is the proxy of the god that governs story. The story of adventurer is then turned into power. Therefore, the player had to register at the adventurer guild.

'The developer sure is meticulous, even something like EXP is explained with lore.' He thought. 'So... according to the guidebook, new players should go to adventurer guild. Right, I should register there now.'

It was uncomfortable, seeing people staring at him. Since he emerged from the gate, he could feel their stares. How lifelike, he thought. The people was staring at his naked body, clad only in underwear. At this point, he wished for the earth to swallow him. He already swallowed his embarassment before. He resolved to get to adventurer guild quickly to get money to buy one.

He touched the crystal and say, "«Map»". A map appeared before him, showing the dots around him. The guideline said that those are enemies, if he remembered correctly. He tried to look around, but there was no adventurer guild at all. In fact, there was no word written. Therefore, he can only ask. Looking around, he saw someone clad in what he thought was leather armor. He asked him,

"Excuse me, can you give me direction to adventurer guild?" He asked.

"Ah, a new traveler?" The man said. He then pointed out to a building, "Sure, it is there."

Thanking the man for the direction, Seiji went to the building. Inside of the building, he saw something like a counter, where a human girl with blonde hair and blue eyes was sitting. Some of the people there also lined up behind the
desk. He then lined up behind them.

As he came to the forefront, he asked the woman, "Excuse me, is this where I register as an adventurer?"

"Sure. Fill out this form."

When he saw the form, it was written in his language. The developer sure made it convenient in some parts. He filled them all, and returned it to the woman.

Receiving the form from him, the woman said, "All right, that's the quest board. How about you look for SC01 one?"

He then looked for the quest board. One side has quests that was coded with some kind of code beside the quest name, while the other side has none. Since it was a code, he looked at that section.

"SC01, SC01... there it is."

Grabbing one paper on the forefront, he saw that the stack behind it was filled with the similar quest. He wondered if there was a printing press in this game. Comparing the one on his hand and one on the board showed that the lines that made up the border of the quest was not identical. Not to mention there are a few differences in spacing between words.

"Uwaa... how much resources is used for this kind of detail?" he muttered.

He once again joined the line. As he arrived, the receptionist showed him.

"Alright, I want to teach you how to fill the quest report."

Quest report:
Survive on my first day? So I should avoid the encounter with the mobs, right?

He left the guild.

Time passed, and the wind became more chilly. His stomach also had been growling all this time.

'Hunger mechanic? This game even have hunger mechanic?' He thought.

Was it his own hunger, or was it the game? He tried to remember, but he couldn't find any mention of hunger mechanic. Thinking that it was his own body, he then touched the crystal in his left hand and said, "«Log out»!"

Nothing happened.

Once again, he shouted, "«Log Out»!"

Nothing happened.

He felt chill on his back. He started to sweat. It was really cold. The feeling of dread budding within his mind. Was he trapped in the game? The guidebook did not even mention other way to log out. No... It did mention one. He had to die first, and he could log out. It did not matter for him right then, if he couldn't login until the day after the next.

He looked at the river, and threw himself.

---

Death by drowning felt terrible, he thought. After this, he should give the developer feedback about the realistic sensation. When he opened his eyes, it was not the ceiling of the pod that was greeted him. It was the square where the gate was.

Why? Why was he still here? Why can't he log out!?

Right, there should be a GM right? How could he contact the GM?

"GM! I need help! I cannot log out!" he shouted.

He looked at the people. One of them must be a player. Or one of them must be a GM. Yet, how come no one was panicking? Hearing him saying that he couldn't log out, won't other player try it themselves? He looked at the woman with rabbit ears. She looked at him for a while, but then continued her conversation. He looked at the man with a sword behind his back. Their glances met once, but he continued to walk away.

Scribel city was the only beginner zone. There should be a player in this place. Among those 1000, he couldn't believe that he was alone in this city right then.

He continued to shout. But how come no one react strangely? How come no one was panicking?

After some time, someone in armor then went to him. Was he a player? Was he a GM? Hope started to blossom in his heart seeing him coming. He must be there to help him, right?

His hope was dashed, when the word from the man came.

"You are arrested for public disturbance! Come with us peacefully or we will use force to arrest you!" The man said.

How? He couldn't log out right now. Why was no one helping him? Why? Why?

He threw himself at the man.

---

Another death. He felt the blade of the man piercing through his chest. It felt hard to breathe. He felt that his eyes became heavier and heavier. His eyes closed.

He opened his eyes. It was his corpse that was in front of him. His corpse was there, starting to fall after the man released the blade from his body. The man then looked at the corpse, and brought his corpse away.

Once again he did not log out.

---

He did not know how many days passed since then. He couldn't die. He couldn't escape. He sat there, wasting away. He did not eat, drink. He sat there, waiting for something, anything. Each time he was awakened, he checked himself. He was still in the game world. Each time he did this, he despaired.

It was then, when someone came to him.

"Eh... Mister Ghost Rea...?"

He raised his head. It was the receptionist woman, standing in front of him. He lowered his head, feeling no strength to do so. He couldn't hear what she said. He felt his hand were tugged, and his body lifted. Once again, darkness embraced him.

---

"You're awake!" A woman's voice came.

His throat felt parched. Slowly, He opened his eyes, and saw the woman once again. She was wearing a white robe. He wanted to say something, but no sound were coming.

The woman then pitched some water and gave it to him. With one word, he said, "Why?"

"You look like you need help, mister."

Somehow, he felt that what she said held some kind of beauty in them.

---

Two days passed. In the two days he was there, he found that he was sleeping in the church of light. At the end of the two days, he felt that his strength has recovered.

"Well... Someone saved me when I was almost died. He sacrificed himself to let me escape from the monster attack. Since then I was like you... So I kind of saw myself in you? Well... a priest from this church then did the same to me. He helped me until I was ready once again to be adventurer. Though, these days, I am only working at the guild." She explained.

"..."

"You know. I believe that everyone should have hope. No matter how bad it is, they should strive to keep the hope in their heart."

Could he start hoping to go back? Should he accept it and wait?

"Well... take your time. If you are ready, I'll walk with you to the adventurer guild once again, if you want."

It was no longer a game, he thought. It was reality to him. The woman in front of him was real, not something artificial. He could see. He could hear. He could taste. He could feel. He could smell. It was no different to his previous world. He was sorry for his family because his body might never be awake anymore. Perhaps... Perhaps, he would stay here until the day he died in the other world.

"Seiji... My name is Seiji." He said to the woman.

---

Quest report:
- I... survived.
"There is a lot of terms that I do not understand, but well, a new face is always like this... Confused and afraid. Anyway, welcome to Tonia! How does it feel to come to another world?"

Rewards: 35 EXP

Alma

appraised
"I wonder... what should I give her as thanks?" Seiji muttered.

After he recovered, he looked at the quest board. He saw that he should find a place to lodge and some food. As it was, he was currently living with the woman and the priest. But, seeing that he had finished recovering, he felt bad staying there.

The priest gave him his old clothes. He was given a coarse tunic and pants, when the priest said that he should not be dressed like that to the adventurer guild. Thanking the priest profusely, he left for the adventurer guild.

He looked at the questboard. The first five quest on the top did not give him any money, yet he was in a dire need of one. At least, he should be looking for something that could give him food and lodging that day. It was then, that he found SC107 when he read through the board.

> > >

Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >

The quest paper in his hand would give him 10G and 5 rations. As he touched the quest, he felt a ping in his head. He blinked, and saw 40 EXP written in glowing letters hovering in front of the quest.

He rubbed his eyes. As he closed his eyes, he saw something like an envelop icon in the midst of darkness.

'What was that?'

As he stared at the icon in his mind eye, he saw the envelope icon opened and letters came out and rearrange itself in front of him.

Patch notes 0.0.0.1:
- By the request of the majority of players, we added EXP on the quest paper. Player needs to focus on the paper to see the amount of EXP that likely will be given to them, but may vary as the player complete the quest.

'Wait. Does this mean that the other player can contact the admin? How come I can't? What is happening to me?'

He was confused. Was he still in the game world?

Touching the crystal on his left hand, he muttered, "«status»".

Name: Ghost Reaper
Level: 1
HP: 10
MP: 10
SP: 10
Experience: 35/200

Strength: 5
Vitality: 5
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 5
Unspent stat point: 10

After staring at his status screen, he shook his head. Even if he was in the game world, he couldn't do anything about that fact. He just have to hope that someday they would be able to release him from the world.

Right now, he had to focus on what he could do. For now, he had to secure lodging and food for himself. Taking the 'Cooking Rations' quest, he started to work.

He was led to the kitchen by one of the receptionist. There, he was ordered to make a ration, following the recipe written on the board.

'Ounces? Developer, I don't have any calculator with me. What is gills? What is wholemeal?'

Despite the quest saying that there was an easy recipe to follow, he wondered how he could do it if he did not understand the recipe at all. Sure, if he knew the ratio, he probably could follow the recipe.

There was no way that he couldn't complete the objective, he thought. There probably was something like measuring tools that has those measurement. He opened all the counter cabinet, looking for such item.

He found a scale. While in one look, he understood how to use it, he still did know what each weight meant. Even observing closely at the scale and weights, he felt like it was an useless endeavor. With that, he put the scale on the countertop and left.

He once again joined the receptionist line. As he arrived at the front, he asked the questions.

"Ah... you are still not familiar with the measurement?" she replied.

"Yes. I am quite confused honestly."

"I'd like to help you... but as you can see here, I am quite busy. Is Rordon not there?"

"Who?" he said, tilting his head.

"Rordon, the chef. Beardy man, wearing a white clothes."

"About that... There was no one there except me." he said.

"Alright, wait for me around thirty minutes. I should be able to finish the current queue in that time."

---

He waited for her in the kitchen. There, she taught him how to use the measurement tools as well as the kind of ingredients there is. After that was done, she left.

As that recipe was worth 1 batch, he began to prepare as many as he could. Each one was taking around two hour to complete. Even then, he had to take one for himself as his hunger overpowering him, making him dizzy. After he was done, he felt like he wanted to die. It was already night when he was done with it.

He did not know that the receptionist worked in the night too. But thankfully they did. As he gave forty bread to the receptionist, he wrote in the report:

- I made 40 bread and ate one because I am too hungry.
- forty bread is submitted to the receptionist.

Last edited:

Alma

appraised
He woke up late. Sleeping on the ground made his body ached. Even now, he felt like his body would get a cold. Yesterday's quest was taxing him physically and mentally, making him oversleep. Though, there was something positive that he got from yesterday quest.

When he looked at the status tab, he found a new line:
Skill:
Cooking (Beginner) Lv. 2, 0/100 (UP)
He touched at that line, and the line expanded.
Cooking (Beginner)

2% probability correction when making a food.

At this point, he was deciding between continuing to make rations or trying new things. In the end, he choose to cook rations once again.
> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
Rewards:
> > >

Once again, he brought ingredients he used yesterday. Barley flour, water, salt, sugar, flour, wholemeal and yeast. He put them in different bowl according to their measurement, then started to cook.

He mixed barley flour, salt, flour, and wholemeal in one bowl. Then taking a basin, he mixed yeast, sugar, and warm water and stirred it all. After that, he poured them on the first bowl and cover them. Letting it rise, he prepared the second dough. After the second dough was covered, he continued to the third dough.

It continued until the first dough was ready to be kneaded. He took the cover out, and started to knead it. After it was kneaded, he put them on the tins, and let it rise for thirty minutes while starting on the subsequent one. Then After thirty minutes passed, he put it in the oven.

It felt inefficient to him. It was mind numbing. Seeing the limited number of tools he had, he wished that he could modify the recipe to make it more efficient, like doubling the amount while maintaining the ratio. He persisted to do the cooking like the recipe described.

He was ready to collapse. Once again, he finished when the sky was already dark. Finishing the last batch, he went and submitted them to the receptionist.

- 40 bread submitted.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
"I wonder... what should I give her as thanks?" Seiji muttered.

After he recovered, he looked at the quest board. He saw that he should find a place to lodge and some food. As it was, he was currently living with the woman and the priest. But, seeing that he had finished recovering, he felt bad staying there.

The priest gave him his old clothes. He was given a coarse tunic and pants, when the priest said that he should not be dressed like that to the adventurer guild. Thanking the priest profusely, he left for the adventurer guild.

He looked at the questboard. The first five quest on the top did not give him any money, yet he was in a dire need of one. At least, he should be looking for something that could give him food and lodging that day. It was then, that he found SC107 when he read through the board.

> > >

Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

The quest paper in his hand would give him 10G and 5 rations. As he touched the quest, he felt a ping in his head. He blinked, and saw 40 EXP written in glowing letters hovering in front of the quest.

He rubbed his eyes. As he closed his eyes, he saw something like an envelop icon in the midst of darkness.

'What was that?'

As he stared at the icon in his mind eye, he saw the envelope icon opened and letters came out and rearrange itself in front of him.

Patch notes 0.0.0.1:
- By the request of the majority of players, we added EXP on the quest paper. Player needs to focus on the paper to see the amount of EXP that likely will be given to them, but may vary as the player complete the quest.

'Wait. Does this mean that the other player can contact the admin? How come I can't? What is happening to me?'

He was confused. Was he still in the game world?

Touching the crystal on his left hand, he muttered, "«status»".

Name: Ghost Reaper
Level: 1
HP: 10
MP: 10
SP: 10
Experience: 35/200

Strength: 5
Vitality: 5
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 5
Wisdom: 5
Unspent stat point: 10

After staring at his status screen, he shook his head. Even if he was in the game world, he couldn't do anything about that fact. He just have to hope that someday they would be able to release him from the world.

Right now, he had to focus on what he could do. For now, he had to secure lodging and food for himself. Taking the 'Cooking Rations' quest, he started to work.

He was led to the kitchen by one of the receptionist. There, he was ordered to make a ration, following the recipe written on the board.

'Ounces? Developer, I don't have any calculator with me. What is gills? What is wholemeal?'

Despite the quest saying that there was an easy recipe to follow, he wondered how he could do it if he did not understand the recipe at all. Sure, if he knew the ratio, he probably could follow the recipe.

There was no way that he couldn't complete the objective, he thought. There probably was something like measuring tools that has those measurement. He opened all the counter cabinet, looking for such item.

He found a scale. While in one look, he understood how to use it, he still did know what each weight meant. Even observing closely at the scale and weights, he felt like it was an useless endeavor. With that, he put the scale on the countertop and left.

He once again joined the receptionist line. As he arrived at the front, he asked the questions.

"Ah... you are still not familiar with the measurement?" she replied.

"Yes. I am quite confused honestly."

"I'd like to help you... but as you can see here, I am quite busy. Is Rordon not there?"

"Who?" he said, tilting his head.

"Rordon, the chef. Beardy man, wearing a white clothes."

"About that... There was no one there except me." he said.

"Alright, wait for me around thirty minutes. I should be able to finish the current queue in that time."

---

He waited for her in the kitchen. There, she taught him how to use the measurement tools as well as the kind of ingredients there is. After that was done, she left.

As that recipe was worth 1 batch, he began to prepare as many as he could. Each one was taking around two hour to complete. Even then, he had to take one for himself as his hunger overpowering him, making him dizzy. After he was done, he felt like he wanted to die. It was already night when he was done with it.

He did not know that the receptionist worked in the night too. But thankfully they did. As he gave forty bread to the receptionist, he wrote in the report:

- I made 40 bread and ate one because I am too hungry.
- forty bread is submitted to the receptionist.
"Nice work! It's a really great quest to do when you're poor."

Rewards: 40 EXP, 10 G, 5 Rations, 1/3 Pass for Permission to use guild kitchens

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
He woke up late. Sleeping on the ground made his body ached. Even now, he felt like his body would get a cold. Yesterday's quest was taxing him physically and mentally, making him oversleep. Though, there was something positive that he got from yesterday quest.

When he looked at the status tab, he found a new line:
Skill:
Cooking (Beginner) Lv. 2, 0/100 (UP)
He touched at that line, and the line expanded.
Cooking (Beginner)

2% probability correction when making a food.

At this point, he was deciding between continuing to make rations or trying new things. In the end, he choose to cook rations once again.
> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Once again, he brought ingredients he used yesterday. Barley flour, water, salt, sugar, flour, wholemeal and yeast. He put them in different bowl according to their measurement, then started to cook.

He mixed barley flour, salt, flour, and wholemeal in one bowl. Then taking a basin, he mixed yeast, sugar, and warm water and stirred it all. After that, he poured them on the first bowl and cover them. Letting it rise, he prepared the second dough. After the second dough was covered, he continued to the third dough.

It continued until the first dough was ready to be kneaded. He took the cover out, and started to knead it. After it was kneaded, he put them on the tins, and let it rise for thirty minutes while starting on the subsequent one. Then After thirty minutes passed, he put it in the oven.

It felt inefficient to him. It was mind numbing. Seeing the limited number of tools he had, he wished that he could modify the recipe to make it more efficient, like doubling the amount while maintaining the ratio. He persisted to do the cooking like the recipe described.

He was ready to collapse. Once again, he finished when the sky was already dark. Finishing the last batch, he went and submitted them to the receptionist.

- 40 bread submitted.
"Another one, huh? Good work as always."

Rewards: 40 EXP, 10 G, 5 Rations, 2/3 Pass for Permission to use guild kitchens

Alma

appraised
> > >

Please Don't Starve (Together) [SC02]
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:
> > >
Seeing what was written on the quest, Seiji thought that he should be able to get it done easily. Taking a feather nibbed in ink, he started to write.
Quest report:
I've been able to find food in the kitchen. When I ate it, I did not get diarrhea. I assume that the food is safe to eat, since the ingredients was from the pantry.

Last edited:

Alma

appraised
Seiji took a sniff on himself.

It stunk. The smell of his body odor was really noticeable, enough that grimaced when he did it. At this point, he decided that he was going to wash his body in the river.

He arrived at the river. When he did, he put his clothes on his inventory. With only an underwear, he readied himself to jump.

Someone saw him. It was someone who wore similar clothes to the one who killed him. The man shouted at him,

"Stop!"

He stopped. The man walked to his direction. As the man arrived in front of him, he then said,

"What were you thinking? The river is filthy! They contained excrements, corpse remains, and what not. You want to get a disease?"

"I'm sorry. But my body stinks right now."

"How poor are you, that you are unable to get a room on the tavern? If you need to get a bath, go outside the city, and go to the river in the east. Now, scram!"

Following the man's advice, Seiji wore his clothes once again and went outside. Following the city walls, he found the river the man meant. He took a bath there, and went back to the guild.
> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Once again, he took the cooking ration quest. Since his cooking level got to level 3, he sometimes started to get thoughts like he should reduce the ingredients a little bit, or that he should knead a little more. He did not know how effective those thoughts are though, as he couldn't exactly take the bread for himself to compare. He just assumed that those are the correction described on the skill description.

He mentally prepared himself for another long day. Taking the ingredients from its place, as well as measurement tools, he started to bake the bread.

As he became more familiar with the flow, he became more focused. Mixing the ingredients, kneading, watching the timer, adjusting the oven, everything felt like a blur. It felt so easy at this point.

Yet, his day ends once again when it was already dark. After it was finished, he took a breath and send everything to the receptionist along with his report.

40 batches of bread submitted

Last edited:

Alma

appraised
> > >
It was not yet the time for him to go on an adventure. He did not have any weapon or armor at all. Yet, this body felt like his real body in the real world. With just a thrust from the guard blade he died, unable to react at all. Thus, once again he did a quest inside of the city.

Office Work [SC104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:

Seiji had not seen the girl from before. Perhaps she was like him, taking the office work job when he met her? He wondered where she was right then. To him, she was his benefactor.

The first customer came. The adventurer submitted the report of him killing ten slimes. As the adventurer submitted the ten core requested, Seiji marked the quest as completed, and give him his reward, saying a good job to him.

The second customer moved to the forefront when the first left. She submitted five bags of flowers. Checking the quest, it was the healing herb quest. As he did not know how to differentiate between the flower, he asked the woman to wait for a little bit.

Seiji took the bag to the room at the back, where he asked whether it was the right quest item to the man who was stationed there. The man then asked him to wear a glove, and took two sample from the bag.

"This one is tri-flower. It is poisonous. Don't touch them without a glove."

The man then continued his explanation. "This one is a twin-flower. It is useful for a healing potion."

Then he took the tri-flower once again.

"I am thankful to the person who did this, actually, even if I had to give them a failure record. The tri flower is intact, but if you did this," The man took out the topmost part of the tri-flower, "Then it would be hard to differentiate them. Some malicious adventurer just gathered them all, cut one part of it, and submit it as twin flower. Anyway, as you are in the receptionist desk today, the job to sort it is not yours. Please give it to the guild apothecary to be sorted."

Thanking the man, Seiji went back, and ask the woman to come back later.

The next one was a man who had a sword on his back. He submitted the quest night watch, along with a piece of paper stamped with the guard seal. The man looked sleepy as he gave it to him. Looking at the guard seal, Seiji compared it to the guard seal sample the guild had. Seeing that the man's evaluation from the guard is positive and the seal matched, Seiji give the man his reward.

After the man, two people came. They carried two boars, one each. Seiji paused, and look once again on the guidebook for hunting mission.

Since the guide states that it should be given to the chef at the kitchen, Seiji gave them a direction there. They then returned not long after that, carrying a slip of paper from the chef. Since all requirement was fulfilled, Seiji gave them their reward.

The procession continued until afternoon, where he was asked to change with the next shift one. Giving the woman his encouragement, Seiji left. He then wrote the quest report for that day and returned to the woman.
> > >

Today, I am taking care of the adventurers in the receptionist desk. for that day, 38 report was submitted, 30 verified, two is in the process of verification, and six failed. the verified quest has all been sorted and archived.

Last edited:

Alma

(appraised)

It was his first time visiting the library. Holding the quest in hand, he submitted it to the librarian.
Tales of Old Worlds
Sponsor: The Scribel LibrarianLocation: Scribel LibraryLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Told us about: Legends from your previous worlds, or the technology of your previous worlds, or simply anything related to your old worlds.
  • Tell no lie!
  • (Optional) Tell us about your epic adventures and life before Tonia!
Otherworlders, with your arrival, you have changed the current state of Scribel City. Although some citizens hated your presence, it was undeniable that you were the crucial part of this City. Without your help, we might never be able to expand our influence this fast and steady.

Recently, we, the Scribel Library, had been filling up our shelves with knowledge obtained from your hard work. We are eternally grateful for your effort. With this, we could distribute a great deal of common knowledge to our natives, and helped them to lead a better life, and improve the City as a whole.

Now, as our gesture of goodwill, we put this quest up, in order to help cleanse your infamous image and restore your reputation as the great contributors of the Scribel City. Of course, we knew that you wouldn't take anything without any reasons, so we had decided to let you tell us about your previous worlds, before you come to the Great Tonia. It could be about anything, but the best would be, tales about the legends, real-life occurrences, technological knowledge, or simply your own adventures.

With them, we would slowly help you build a better reputation, and demonstrate that you, the adventurers, are humans, too.
Rewards
Exp: 50 (75)Money: 20(30) GOther: N/A
"So... I just need to tell you about my previous world, right?"

"Right." The woman in front of him nodded. With her hand, she gestured to him to go.

"In my previous world, there is one most ubiquitous invention. It is called computer. Along with the knowledge of mathematics, people were using it for all kinds of things. Communication, analysis of data, even making documents can be used easily with it. Along with the computer, there is the second greatest invention called internet.

Whatever knowledge you seek, it can be found on the internet. Sure, sometimes you have to pay for it. But think about this. What if you can read any book in here everywhere? What if you are looking for something like tri-flower in the book, and you opened the page that explain about it instantly? Just one tap of the key and you will know everything about it."

"Key?"

"Ah... not key as in something to lock a door or window. How do I describe it..."

Seiji paused, and then continued.

"Right, imagine that there is this arrangement of letters, on the first row, you have q w e r t y u i o p, then on second row you have a s d f g h j k l, then on the last row there is z x c v b n m. Then, there is paper in front of you. Each time you touch a letter and let go, the letter will be written on the paper. then, for example my name is Seiji. You just need to press the letter s, let it go, press the letter e, let it go, press the letter i, let it go, press the letter j, let it go, and press the letter i and let it go. It will be faster than typing. Each of them is a key in a board, thus the item is named keyboard."

"So, if I want to search for tri-flower. I just need to press the letter that made it up?"

"Yes, and then you press enter button. The google will search it for you."

"What is this google?"

"How do I describe search engine...?" Seiji muttered. "Well. Imagine a person, that each time you ask him a question, he will give you answer."

"And the person is able to answer this correctly?"

"Yes. He know the content of many books, remembered it exactly that if you hold the book while hearing him answer, you will find that he will say it from top to bottom, line per line."

"How amazing..."

"Yes. The computer is very small too. A little bigger than this guild card. You need to use the computer to ask him though."

"Does everyone have this computer?"

"Well... almost everyone, I think."

"And a person answering their question... how many people are in your world?"

"Seven billion?"

It seemed that she misunderstand something. But he did not know how to correct her before explaining more things. Not like he understand how computer and internet works too. She asked him a few more questions, before ending the session. After that, she gave him a paper to be given to the receptionist. As he said goodbye, he left.

I went to the library and met this librarian. She asked me to tell her something about my old world and wrote it in the paper. After that she gave a paper for me to be submitted with the report. the paper is attached.

Last edited:

Epsil

I went to the library and met this librarian. She asked me to tell her something about my old world and wrote it in the paper. After that she gave a paper for me to be submitted with the report. the paper is attached.
7 billion people? :blob_shock::blob_shock: A machine that gives all answers? Wow. Your world must've been interesting and smart. Maybe you can share some of that information with me? :blob_reach:. - Alias

Rewards
Exp: 50 Money: 20GOther: N/A

Epsil

> > >
It was not yet the time for him to go on an adventure. He did not have any weapon or armor at all. Yet, this body felt like his real body in the real world. With just a thrust from the guard blade he died, unable to react at all. Thus, once again he did a quest inside of the city.

Office Work [SC104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:

Seiji had not seen the girl from before. Perhaps she was like him, taking the office work job when he met her? He wondered where she was right then. To him, she was his benefactor.

The first customer came. The adventurer submitted the report of him killing ten slimes. As the adventurer submitted the ten core requested, Seiji marked the quest as completed, and give him his reward, saying a good job to him.

The second customer moved to the forefront when the first left. She submitted five bags of flowers. Checking the quest, it was the healing herb quest. As he did not know how to differentiate between the flower, he asked the woman to wait for a little bit.

Seiji took the bag to the room at the back, where he asked whether it was the right quest item to the man who was stationed there. The man then asked him to wear a glove, and took two sample from the bag.

"This one is tri-flower. It is poisonous. Don't touch them without a glove."

The man then continued his explanation. "This one is a twin-flower. It is useful for a healing potion."

Then he took the tri-flower once again.

"I am thankful to the person who did this, actually, even if I had to give them a failure record. The tri flower is intact, but if you did this," The man took out the topmost part of the tri-flower, "Then it would be hard to differentiate them. Some malicious adventurer just gathered them all, cut one part of it, and submit it as twin flower. Anyway, as you are in the receptionist desk today, the job to sort it is not yours. Please give it to the guild apothecary to be sorted."

Thanking the man, Seiji went back, and ask the woman to come back later.

The next one was a man who had a sword on his back. He submitted the quest night watch, along with a piece of paper stamped with the guard seal. The man looked sleepy as he gave it to him. Looking at the guard seal, Seiji compared it to the guard seal sample the guild had. Seeing that the man's evaluation from the guard is positive and the seal matched, Seiji give the man his reward.

After the man, two people came. They carried two boars, one each. Seiji paused, and look once again on the guidebook for hunting mission.

Since the guide states that it should be given to the chef at the kitchen, Seiji gave them a direction there. They then returned not long after that, carrying a slip of paper from the chef. Since all requirement was fulfilled, Seiji gave them their reward.

The procession continued until afternoon, where he was asked to change with the next shift one. Giving the woman his encouragement, Seiji left. He then wrote the quest report for that day and returned to the woman.
> > >

Today, I am taking care of the adventurers in the receptionist desk. for that day, 38 report was submitted, 30 verified, two is in the process of verification, and six failed. the verified quest has all been sorted and archived.
Good to see a fellow office worker, say as your senior would you be willing to accept some of my paperwork? :blob_evil: - Alias
Rewards:

Epsil

Seiji took a sniff on himself.

It stunk. The smell of his body odor was really noticeable, enough that grimaced when he did it. At this point, he decided that he was going to wash his body in the river.

He arrived at the river. When he did, he put his clothes on his inventory. With only an underwear, he readied himself to jump.

Someone saw him. It was someone who wore similar clothes to the one who killed him. The man shouted at him,

"Stop!"

He stopped. The man walked to his direction. As the man arrived in front of him, he then said,

"What were you thinking? The river is filthy! They contained excrements, corpse remains, and what not. You want to get a disease?"

"I'm sorry. But my body stinks right now."

"How poor are you, that you are unable to get a room on the tavern? If you need to get a bath, go outside the city, and go to the river in the east. Now, scram!"

Following the man's advice, Seiji wore his clothes once again and went outside. Following the city walls, he found the river the man meant. He took a bath there, and went back to the guild.
> > >
Cooking Rations [SC107]
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Once again, he took the cooking ration quest. Since his cooking level got to level 3, he sometimes started to get thoughts like he should reduce the ingredients a little bit, or that he should knead a little more. He did not know how effective those thoughts are though, as he couldn't exactly take the bread for himself to compare. He just assumed that those are the correction described on the skill description.

He mentally prepared himself for another long day. Taking the ingredients from its place, as well as measurement tools, he started to bake the bread.

As he became more familiar with the flow, he became more focused. Mixing the ingredients, kneading, watching the timer, adjusting the oven, everything felt like a blur. It felt so easy at this point.

Yet, his day ends once again when it was already dark. After it was finished, he took a breath and send everything to the receptionist along with his report.

40 batches of bread submitted
Well done.
Rewards:

Epsil

> > >

Please Don't Starve (Together) [SC02]
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:
  • Money: N/A
> > >
Seeing what was written on the quest, Seiji thought that he should be able to get it done easily. Taking a feather nibbed in ink, he started to write.
Quest report:
I've been able to find food in the kitchen. When I ate it, I did not get diarrhea. I assume that the food is safe to eat, since the ingredients was from the pantry.
I think you're missing some parts of your report. I'll amend this when I get the rest of it. But for now.
FAILED
@Alma
Seems like this is it. A bit short, but acceptable. Sorry for the mistake.
However, since you did steal food from the pantry, I'll have to deduct some Gold from you.
Rewards:
  • Money: -2G

Last edited: