Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Leegood

Quest - Evaluation Needed
Might be the last but still one of the simplest.

> > >
I'm not homeless, am I?
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Greetings to you Guild

I have taken shelter in the local tavern along with my companion. We shall make do in the payment with our jobs to come. At the current time I am paying for our daily contributions to the local tavern. I shall imbue my companion with enough common knowledge that she shall able to perform enough of a satisfactory assessment.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

OOC: No need to read the story(unless you're curious) It's just foundation on how Iris will interact on future quests.
[Reival POV]

With all the "jobs" done and my satchel slowly getting lighter, it was time to address the next main problem. How is she gonna work with that listless mood and doing nothing? I guess it's time to start teaching her the basics.

In my room in the tavern Iris and I stare at each other, while I'm thinking on what to teach and where to start, she is still staring with those deadpan eyes. Sigh... might as well start on her speech.

"Iris, state your errr..... I mean... Try greeting me."

Crap, I almost forgot informal speech doesn't on her.

".............I......"

There! I definitely heard a voice! Come on, just a little push.

"...................."

"...................."

After waiting for what seems a long time, she didn't speak again but I tried and tried then, I fell on my knees in despair as she didn't utter a sound. Ahhh.... this might be hopeless. I sat on the bed and grimaced on how else I'm going to teach her.

While I was racking my brain on what else to do, Iris approached me.

".....I..... name no..... I... Iris....... owner give.... meet.... good....."

I'm shocked. The sentence is broken and I couldn't understand what she's saying, but I'm shocked that she actually said something. Ahhhh.... hope is here!. Ok this is definitely a good thing.

It took some time to understand what she's saying but I manage to get the gist of it. Another couple of days to teach her some common words and manner, she's...... still definitely lacking but it's manageable. It's definitely a good start considering her VERY lack of words.

"Ok Iris, try to greet me again."

"I.... Iris.... meet good..... Reival owner."

Yep, still broken but it's definitely good enough for anyone to get the idea of what she's saying. However, why does she keep saying owner after my name? I can never understand why she always say that, well I'll figure it out when she can explain it more clearly. Needless to say this is definitely a good result..... for now.

As celebration, we both ate some of the salmun nearby.

[Iris POV]

Person..... weird.... warm.... say?.....

Name?..... I.... no name....... owner.... Iris.....

Owner.... sad..... cold.....

Scared..... cold..... hurts.....

Hurts.....

Hurts.....

Hurts.....

..... No.....

I..... Iris.... owner... give.....

Reival owner.... teach Iris... talk.....

Owner happy.... Iris happy....

Iris know.... owner happy Iris know.... Owner feed.... warm.... happy.....

Warm....

Warm....

Warm....

Happy......

.................Reival...........
"It's short but not bad, Pleased to have you onboard!"

Reward

OOC please mark it Appraised

Leegood

QUEST REPORT: Unappraised

It seems like there are those that do not appreciate the work the guild does for them - or simply are greedy or wasteful with their money and thus don't want to pay their taxes. My job simply is to remind them of their duty to the city and guild. Not to force them to pay up should they still refuse.

So I report for duty in the guild's office. It seems like my face is slowly getting known there, as I am welcomed with relief. They quickly hand me a list of 5 individuals with overdue taxes and their addresses to collect money from as well as official notices as proof of my identity that also act as warning notices which allow for further actions, should they still refuse to pay. I take and memorize the list and stash the notices in a bag, and head out.

The first person on the list lives in a rather rich area of the city, with large and luxurious buildings all around. I do want to live this luxuriously as well, but not paying those that protect you and your wealth isn't something I can approve of. After brushing some imaginative dust off my clothes and adjusting my glasses I step to the door and rap my knuckles against it.

The one to open the door is a butler. He suspiciously eyes me before rudely questioning me: "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I am Exal, an adventurer tasked with collecting this house's overdue taxes," I start as I pull out and show an official notice before continuing: "If you do not pay up, I will be forced to note your intentional refusal to pay the taxes which will lead to further actions."

The butler simply scoffs before accusing the guild of being wrong: "We have already paid our taxes. This has to be a mistake."

"No, sir, I am certain that you have not yet paid the taxes."

"Baseless accusations!"

"According to paragraph 388 in the second book of law in Scribel, the one to offer proof that taxes have been paid is the taxpayer, not the collector or adventurer's guild. So please, pay up or be prepared for further actions."

I can almost hear the butler curse before he stomps off and, after 7 minutes and 22 seconds, returns with the money. "There you are, now get lost."

"Thank you for paying and not making this difficult for both of us."

Before I finish the sentence, he shuts the door. I suppose they really like their money - not that I disagree with that, but I wouldn't be so foolish to make myself a legally justified target. Onwards to the next individual.

As I reach the general area of the person that has yet to pay the taxes, I already know the reason. The houses are dilapidated and dirty - this obviously is an area filled with the poor. It might be that they simply don't have the money. Which is slightly problematic, but... not really of my concern.

Once again, I rap my knuckle against the door. A thin woman opens it, and I can see the confusion and fear in her eyes. She timidly asks: "What do you want?"

"I am Exal, an adventurer tasked with collecting this house's overdue taxes," I start again while pulling out and showing an official notice before continuing: "If you do not pay up, I will be forced to note your intentional refusal to pay the taxes which will lead to further actions."

The woman breaks into tears. "We don't have enough money!"

"The tax is based on your income. You should have enough money."

"My man and child are sick, we don't even have enough money for the medicine! And now I am supposed to pay taxes!?"

I ignore her tears and continue: "Yes. If you do not have the money yet, you could have applied for an extension of the payment deadline for a few weeks. The amount of taxes you would have had to pay for last year would be the same, but you would have had more time to get the money. But you failed to do that, so you have to pay the taxes today. Otherwise, your belongings are going to be seized as a means to pay off your taxes."

The women falls down on her knees and keeps bawling. I am slowly getting annoyed. And if she doesn't pay up, it might affect my quota.

"Listen. I don't care where you get the money from, but the tax is due today. I will return in the evening. If you don't have the money by then, your property will be seized within the week."

With that said I leave and continue to the third individual. This one turns out to simply have forgotten to pay the taxes and immediately pays once I state my purpose. The fourth individual turns out to be quite similar to the first one, refusing to pay until I bring up the required proof and the fifth is once again similar to the third, and I immediately receive the taxes.

Then I return to the second individual. As I enter the street I am greeted by hate-filled glares from the locals and the woman is already waiting for me at the door. Wordlessly, she tosses a pouch filled with money onto the ground before me. How uncalled for. I bend down to pick it up, and spot a sickly looking child in the house, glaring at me even more intense than the other locals. Chances that he will try to take revenge in the future are calculated to be rather high. I will have to watch my back.

Having finally collected the taxes from all individuals I leave the street, ignoring the hateful glares of the locals as I continue onwards to the guild and hand in my report.

It seems like there are those that do not appreciate the work the guild does for them - or simply are greedy or wasteful with their money and thus don't want to pay their taxes. My job simply is to remind them of their duty to the city and guild. Not to force them to pay up should they still refuse.

So I report for duty in the guild's office. It seems like my face is slowly getting known there, as I am welcomed with relief. They quickly hand me a list of 5 individuals with overdue taxes and their addresses to collect money from as well as official notices as proof of my identity that also act as warning notices which allow for further actions, should they still refuse to pay. I take and memorize the list and stash the notices in a bag, and head out.

The first person on the list lives in a rather rich area of the city, with large and luxurious buildings all around. I do want to live this luxuriously as well, but not paying those that protect you and your wealth isn't something I can approve of. After brushing some imaginative dust off my clothes and adjusting my glasses I step to the door and rap my knuckles against it.

The one to open the door is a butler. He suspiciously eyes me before rudely questioning me: "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I am Exal, an adventurer tasked with collecting this house's overdue taxes," I start as I pull out and show an official notice before continuing: "If you do not pay up, I will be forced to note your intentional refusal to pay the taxes which will lead to further actions."

The butler simply scoffs before accusing the guild of being wrong: "We have already paid our taxes. This has to be a mistake."

"No, sir, I am certain that you have not yet paid the taxes."

"Baseless accusations!"

"According to paragraph 388 in the second book of law in Scribel, the one to offer proof that taxes have been paid is the taxpayer, not the collector or adventurer's guild. So please, pay up or be prepared for further actions."

I can almost hear the butler curse before he stomps off and, after 7 minutes and 22 seconds, returns with the money. "There you are, now get lost."

"Thank you for paying and not making this difficult for both of us."

Before I finish the sentence, he shuts the door. I suppose they really like their money - not that I disagree with that, but I wouldn't be so foolish to make myself a legally justified target. Onwards to the next individual.

As I reach the general area of the person that has yet to pay the taxes, I already know the reason. The houses are dilapidated and dirty - this obviously is an area filled with the poor. It might be that they simply don't have the money. Which is slightly problematic, but... not really of my concern.

Once again, I rap my knuckle against the door. A thin woman opens it, and I can see the confusion and fear in her eyes. She timidly asks: "What do you want?"

"I am Exal, an adventurer tasked with collecting this house's overdue taxes," I start again while pulling out and showing an official notice before continuing: "If you do not pay up, I will be forced to note your intentional refusal to pay the taxes which will lead to further actions."

The woman breaks into tears. "We don't have enough money!"

"The tax is based on your income. You should have enough money."

"My man and child are sick, we don't even have enough money for the medicine! And now I am supposed to pay taxes!?"

I ignore her tears and continue: "Yes. If you do not have the money yet, you could have applied for an extension of the payment deadline for a few weeks. The amount of taxes you would have had to pay for last year would be the same, but you would have had more time to get the money. But you failed to do that, so you have to pay the taxes today. Otherwise, your belongings are going to be seized as a means to pay off your taxes."

The women falls down on her knees and keeps bawling. I am slowly getting annoyed. And if she doesn't pay up, it might affect my quota.

"Listen. I don't care where you get the money from, but the tax is due today. I will return in the evening. If you don't have the money by then, your property will be seized within the week."

With that said I leave and continue to the third individual. This one turns out to simply have forgotten to pay the taxes and immediately pays once I state my purpose. The fourth individual turns out to be quite similar to the first one, refusing to pay until I bring up the required proof and the fifth is once again similar to the third, and I immediately receive the taxes.

Then I return to the second individual. As I enter the street I am greeted by hate-filled glares from the locals and the woman is already waiting for me at the door. Wordlessly, she tosses a pouch filled with money onto the ground before me. How uncalled for. I bend down to pick it up, and spot a sickly looking child in the house, glaring at me even more intense than the other locals. Chances that he will try to take revenge in the future are calculated to be rather high. I will have to watch my back.

Having finally collected the taxes from all individuals I leave the street, ignoring the hateful glares of the locals as I continue onwards to the guild and hand in my report.
"Thanks for the hard work senior, It must have been tough." Tax collectors were always disliked, but it seemed these people had a certain amount of hatred at him so I handed him the rewards

Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
OOC: Make sure to make your quest appraised~

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Tutorial Quest 5: I'm not homeless, am I? [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:
After he finish taking a bath at the Bath House, Vesper looks at the sky and realize it's about early evening. He looks at the city map after taking it out from his sleeve pocket and scan for the tavern's location. Vesper found the location of the tavern and headed in it's way.

Once he arrived, Vesper entered and glance around first before going to the front desk. He then check the price for a room + board and decided to rent one for one week. Vesper handed over the 70 gold coins and headed upstairs towards his given room.

Ice Mage Vesper - Level 1
GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel1 [205/600]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney480 Gold
Appearance

Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.
Skills
SkillDescription
Ice ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Archery ProficiencyExceptional ability with the bow and arrow
Divine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.
OOC: Please mark your post as evaluated.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

Me and Gobo awaken and start our new journey in this unexplored world today. We start out with a hearty prepared breakfast and set our sights towards the Adventurer's Guild. Upon arrival we noticed how empty the Guild was from yesterday, so I started asking around and learned that the Guild post's its new request all on the bulletin board bright and early in the morning. So most of the good and best rewarding our mostly taken by the adventurers and the less wanted by the one's that get to the Guild "Late". I was panicked by this and started searching for a request on the bulletin board immediately. However, to my expectations, I couldn't find anything near or close my Guild Level

Me an Gobo walked to a nearby table, to think about what we were going to do now. As we were sitting putting are minds together on what were to do, a lady Guild Receptionist saw our slumped stature and wanted to see what was wrong. We told her our problems and she gave a small chuckle. She explained to us that most Quest of our Level are given out from the Guild directly. From doing housework and office work, to doing a night shift of the guards. Me and Gobo thanked the lady and she helped us pick out a quest among from the Guild. The on that peeked my interest were "Healing Herbs".

"Ah this one Gobo!". I ask the Guild Receptionist about "Healing Herbs" and she explained that the herbs are used for healing potions, conjuction with slime cores. She also explained in almost comically serious voice on how to only pick twin flowers not the tri-flower, for those tri-flowered were poisonous. She told me that everyday a new adventurer like myself would get poisoned and rushed to the local alchemist to get a dosage of antidote. Me and Gobo thanked her for helping us and also asked for about 10 small bags we could use for the quest. She wondered why I wanted 10 bags since the request only wanted 5. I explained that, I too the BigGreen, am an alchemist and would like to experiment with these herbs as well. She kindly accepted my request and gave us 10 bags, in return I gave 5 gold.

We head out to the local market before we set out collecting herbs. Still the local people still look at us , the goblin and potted plant duo, confusedly. Hopefully in time we can get some recognition in the town to stop these kind of looks. Well we stopped by Cecila's Discount Grocery and picked up 3 loafs of bread and 1 pound of cheese for Gobo, costing a total of 8g. With these supplies now, all I needed was a good shovel to start collecting herbs. So me and Gobo set out for Genial General's General. Along the way we also saw a lot of peddlers along the way, selling food to homemade vials of slimes and such. May be one day I should start peddling my potions. We get to Genial General's General and I saw the shovel...and I also saw the price.

"Hmmmmm... 30 gold coins for a shovel". One of the store's staff noticed me looking at the shovels and decided to help me. I asked if I could just borrow the shovel for the day for 5g. He told me he couldn't make this decision and led me towards the owner for more help. The staff talked to the owner and and the owner looked at me. "Well I've never seen this kind of duo before, a goblin and a potted plant!". He told us his name Genial, we told him our situation about our quest from the guild to pick herbs and how I needed to shovel to do this. Genial in return thought for second and asked if it was the request for twin flowers, I said yes. "Yes, great!" he said. He explained to use that a new type of plant was appearing not to far where I would be going. Along the riverbed of town, near the so called Manastone, and he wanted me to pick one. In return I would get a new shovel and a favor from Genial himself, as he pronounced. I obviously accepted his condition and he handed Gobo a new shovel. Everything we needed was complete and we set out towards our first quest.

As we headed towards the city gate, a guard explained to us that a new goblin camp appeared and it seems even stronger then the last one they've had. We take note of this and I make sure Gobo is on alert at all times. Hopefully if we do encounter a goblin, may be Gobo can help us talk our way out, or at least escape. We finally get to the spot where twin flowers are located at. Gobo is quite tired, so I suggest he take a little break while I start sensing and looking for herbs with my Light magic. After a while I locate about 4 small bags of twin flowers and I tell Gobo to start digging out the herbs carefully, while I start cleaning and pruning the herbs. No one likes a dirty herb right? Well in time we collect 10 bags full of twin-flowers and I tell Gobo before we start looking for the new flower near the riverbed. That we should take our lunch break and rest for a bit. Gobo makes a little cheese sandwhich, and I use light to pick up a small handfull of water from the river. A good bit after our lunch end, we start looking for this new herb.

Well... this was quite and herb, something I sure have never seen. It was a floating and faintly shining plant along the river bed, just about head height of Gobo. I tell Gobo to try and collect one of the herbs, but when he touches the plant, Gobo started to float. I quickly use Light and grab towards a nearby tree and another to hold onto Gobo. Luckily our little predicament last only about 20 seconds, but the herb, that Gobo touched, unfortunately floats up into the air dissapearing from our sights. Gobo is quite afraid of touching the new herb again, so I had to think of a another way to collect the herb. It was little afternoon and I still haven't thought of anything yet. Gobo was drawing circles in the dirt and I sat on a nearby stone. "Circle... circle... YES a circle, goodjob Gobo". I form a Light bubble around the herb and it seems my and Gobo's idea was correct. It seems these herb don't react with mana as they do with physical objects. I have enough Light magic strength to carry 2 herbs with us, but we eventually set out back towards town.

"Yes...yessss Finally back to town". These herbs are just to heavy for me right now. Just a little bit more and we are done. I tell Gobo to go to Genial to drop off one of the herbs. When we get to Genial's store, I see him staring at the new herb I held with my Light and he was quite excited I was able to get one these. Before I could warn him about the floating, he touches one of the herbs. "Haha, so this is why they couldn't collect these". Some staff members eventually help and keep Genial grounded until the effects wear-off. Genial thanks me for the new type of herb and gives me a little card with his face on it saying "Favor from Genial, "THE GENIAL". "Thank you?" I write out, Gobo scratches his head confusedly. Well me and Gobo say our goodbye's and we start to walk towards the Adventurers Guild. As we enter we decided to see if we could find the same Guild Receptionist from last time, luckily we could. We turn in our 5 small bags of twin-flowers and also explain to her about the new herb we found while traveling the river bed. She said she had to talk with her superior and see what to do. Eventually she comes back with the Guilds Alchemist and the first thing Alchemist looks at is me."Well this must be the famous duo, of a Goblin and a Plant". He tells me to show him the herb and before another incident happens, I tell him about the floating properties of the herb. He calmly covers his hand with mana and picks up the herb successfully. The receptionist and alchemist goes into the backroom of the guild with herb, while me and Gobo wait. Eventually the receptionist comes back and tells us good news about how we were able to find a new herb for the guild. She also explained to me that I could name the new herb since I was the first one to discover it. " Big Greens First Herb" I said. The receptionist and Gobo gave me a weird look. "Ok,ok just name it Float Fern". The receptionist thanks me again for the contribution and we both eventually go back to the Guild Tavern.

We say our hello's to Pierre and pay our 10g for another day of room and board. I let Gobo eat his meal and I drink my water. We've finally done are first fulfilling quest and I'm quite proud of it. Gobo takes me to our room and places me on the window stand. Gobo on the other-hand crashes onto his pillow, falling asleep almost instantly. "Goodjob today Gobo" and I pull covers over my little Goblin. Are first real day in a new world.

-5g >> 10 small herb bags
-8g >> 3 loafs of bread and 1lb of cheese
-10g >> 1 day of Room and board
+5 small herb bags
+5 small herb bags filled with Twin Flowers
+1 Shovel
+ Favor card *Genial*

X Big Green & GOBO

TLDR: Me and Gobo go to the adventurers guild to look for quests. We eventually decided on Herb collecting and we went to go buy equipment for the day. Genial gave us a request in return we could get a shovel, we took it. We eventually collected our herbs and also collected Genial's request. We got back to town and turned in both our quests. Got back to the Tavern for a good rest with Gobo, looking forward to the next day.
Well done we'll look into it.
  • Money: 20 G

Bochi

> > >
Guarding the Entrance
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Guard the entrance to the dwarven city.
  • Sound the alarm in the event of an attack.
  • Defend the entrance.
The hydra's minions attack swiftly and without warning.This isn't a cushy job where you can just relax and take a snooze.We need you to be vigilant. This is a siege.An assault on the city can come at any moment. Rewards:
> > >
'There weren't any attacks on the walls today. I showed up in the morning to take over from one of the lookouts, and he told me that it had been pretty quiet in the night. Then he left, and I ate my breakfast sitting on my usual spot, staring at the grounds below.

It was already noon by the time I stretched my stiff legs and got down from the post. Nothing at all. No hordes coming from the distance, no sounds in the air. It was actually quite unsettling without the usual explosions that should be customary at the gates. Yet I ate my lunch staring at the same grounds below, and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

That veil of quietness lasted well into the evening, so I took the chance to examine the landscape in the process; pock-marked and riddled with all the explosions caused by the firebombs. And then there was the patches of withered grass where exceptionally poisonous snakes had slithered across.

And even then, I hadn't seen so much as a snake tail, not to mention a snake. The whole place felt dead, and the dwarven lookout I was with told me that it was almost as if it was before the war started. With the exception of scars in the ground, of course.

Then, after the sun had set and I was finished with my shift, I was about to leave when something compelled me to kneel and put my ears on the ground. I didn't hear anything, save a barely noticeable, infrequent vibration that didn't bring anything to mind. I did make a note of it to one of the new lookouts, who told me that he'd keep it in mind. Then I left.

To tell the truth, while I'm not unhappy that there was no fighting today...

I do not like this silence. It reminds me of the quiet before the Catastrophe Warning.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
'There weren't any attacks on the walls today. I showed up in the morning to take over from one of the lookouts, and he told me that it had been pretty quiet in the night. Then he left, and I ate my breakfast sitting on my usual spot, staring at the grounds below.

It was already noon by the time I stretched my stiff legs and got down from the post. Nothing at all. No hordes coming from the distance, no sounds in the air. It was actually quite unsettling without the usual explosions that should be customary at the gates. Yet I ate my lunch staring at the same grounds below, and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

That veil of quietness lasted well into the evening, so I took the chance to examine the landscape in the process; pock-marked and riddled with all the explosions caused by the firebombs. And then there was the patches of withered grass where exceptionally poisonous snakes had slithered across.

And even then, I hadn't seen so much as a snake tail, not to mention a snake. The whole place felt dead, and the dwarven lookout I was with told me that it was almost as if it was before the war started. With the exception of scars in the ground, of course.

Then, after the sun had set and I was finished with my shift, I was about to leave when something compelled me to kneel and put my ears on the ground. I didn't hear anything, save a barely noticeable, infrequent vibration that didn't bring anything to mind. I did make a note of it to one of the new lookouts, who told me that he'd keep it in mind. Then I left.

To tell the truth, while I'm not unhappy that there was no fighting today...

I do not like this silence. It reminds me of the quiet before the Catastrophe Warning.'

- Vicious, G. G.
The quite before the storm, lets hope the storm isn't to big.

InsertName

UNAPPRAISED APPRAISED
Healing Herbs
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:

Me and Gobo asked the Receptionist for the same task from yesterday. I also asked her about the Float Fern and if they had any new information about it. She said their was still nothing from the Guilds Alchemist and also there was a notice from the Guild that anyone harvesting the new herb Float Fern will be reprimanded. It look like the Guild was still weary of adventurers overpicking the new herb or may be the guild was just weary if the unknown Float Fern. Before we left the guild I also bought another 10 small herb bags from the receptionist for 5g. Well me and Gobo go off and acquire our supplies for this day. We got our same supplies from yesterday, 3 loafs of bread and 1 lb of cheese, a 8g total. We set out bright and early off to the Twin flower area.

While the walk to the area was uneventful, I still told Gobo to be weary of the local Goblin sighting I heard from the guards. We got the fields and eventually start forging for the Twin Flowers. I still have to remind Gobo on to not pick the Tri Flowered one's because they were the poisonous ones. Gobo and I finally picked our last bag of Twin Flowers and started having our afternoon lunch. We return to Scribel City little bit after and set off to the guild, to finish our quest. We turned in our 5 Small bags of herbs and start to go next door to the Guild tavern. We say our hello's to Pierre as usually, while paying for today's room and board 10g. Gobo finish's his dinner for today and so do I. Me and Gobo go back to our room and go to sleep.

-5g 10 small herb bags
-8g 3 loafs of bread 1lb of cheese
-10g Room and Board
+10 Small bags of Twin Flowers

X Big Green & Gobo

TLDR: Me and Gobo successfully went to go collect more herbs today. Nothing eventful happened.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

Me and Gobo asked the Receptionist for the same task from yesterday. I also asked her about the Float Fern and if they had any new information about it. She said their was still nothing from the Guilds Alchemist and also there was a notice from the Guild that anyone harvesting the new herb Float Fern will be reprimanded. It look like the Guild was still weary of adventurers overpicking the new herb or may be the guild was just weary if the unknown Float Fern. Before we left the guild I also bought another 10 small herb bags from the receptionist for 5g. Well me and Gobo go off and acquire our supplies for this day. We got our same supplies from yesterday, 3 loafs of bread and 1 lb of cheese, a 8g total. We set out bright and early off to the Twin flower area.

While the walk to the area was uneventful, I still told Gobo to be weary of the local Goblin sighting I heard from the guards. We got the fields and eventually start forging for the Twin Flowers. I still have to remind Gobo on to not pick the Tri Flowered one's because they were the poisonous ones. Gobo and I finally picked our last bag of Twin Flowers and started having our afternoon lunch. We return to Scribel City little bit after and set off to the guild, to finish our quest. We turned in our 5 Small bags of herbs and start to go next door to the Guild tavern. We say our hello's to Pierre as usually, while paying for today's room and board 10g. Gobo finish's his dinner for today and so do I. Me and Gobo go back to our room and go to sleep.

-10g 10 small herb bags
-8g 3 loafs of bread 1lb of cheese
-10g Room and Board
+10 Small bags of Twin Flowers

X Big Green & Gobo

TLDR: Me and Gobo successfully went to go collect more herbs today. Nothing eventful happened.
Here's your reward.

Bochi

> > >
Three Potions
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Join your allies on the battlefield.
  • Tend to the wounded.
  • Evacuate the injured from the scene of danger.
  • Note: Do not attempt to use healing potions on:
    • Unset broken bones.
    • Poisoned flesh or infected wounds.
So you're joining the medical team? I praise your sense of duty.It gets ugly out there on the battlefield. Don't think you're safe at any moment.We're short on supplies, so we're only issuing three potions per medic.Use those potions wisely. You'll find it probably isn't enough.Save it for those who are going to die without it, but don't waste it on a hopeless cause.You're to going have some difficult choices to make, and may the gods bless you. Rewards:
> > >
'Alright, I'm a f***ing idiot. Those slight vibrations from yesterday should have told me that something was wrong, but I thought nothing of it. Because of that...tch.

The reason why there wasn't any attacks yesterday...well, they were digging. The snakes, I mean. They dug down deep enough to minimize their chances of being detected, and when they managed to get through the foundations of the gate, bypassing the high walls completely---

Well, now I've seen tunneling monsters, for sure. Thing's mouth was thicker than a train carriage and smelled about fifty times worse. I'm told that the behemoth did it's work as quietly and slowly as possible, making it's way up to a certain point...and when that had been achieved, when the barest of layers remained between it and the other side of the gate, it rushed. Erupting right out of the ground with an entire horde following behind.

You can imagine how that might have caught the defenders off guard. Thankfully, it seemed that the dwarven lookout I had chatted with about the vibrations earlier had paid careful consideration to it, and he had managed to convince the rest to turn one catapult facing inwards. So when the thing collapsed half the floor, someone managed to score a lucky cluster of firebombs into it's maw, and the thing's corpse ended up blocking a good part of the very tunnel it dug.

Regardless, from what they tell me, the number of casualties was an all-time high. And I thought the night attack was dangerous; we had the walls to support us that time. This time, not really. An entire day's worth of snakes in one attack, bypassing the wall that usually helped create a choke point? Yeah, not happening. They barely held on long enough for reinforcements to reach.

And of course, I slept through the entire attack in one of the inns in the city. By the time I woke up and caught wind of this thing, it was obviously way too f***ing late to do anything except try to help out in the relief effort. And by that I mean wading through the field with three measly potions strapped to my hip, trying to save as many as I could. Only use it on still-salvageable wounds, they said.

F**k me.

The potions they gave me just replenished health or whatever. It doesn't remove effects like poison, which snakes are very fond of using. It doesn't regenerate lost body parts either. A whole field of dwarves suffering from blood loss or poison, and all I had to offer was 3 potions.

The first one went to a dwarf that I'm guessing tried to take out a spike shooter. The spike buried deeply, missed his heart by a couple inches, and he was bleeding out.

The second went to a burn case. I don't know what happened, but a good part of his body was charred black and still smoking. I could hear the flesh sizzling as I poured the potion over the wounds, and the dwarf fainted. But at least he survived.

I don't even remember who the third potion went to. I just know I carried back a third with all my bottles empty, and while he was missing both legs, he survived as well.

Then I helped with locating more injured dwarves and evacuating them. For the less severe cases, I tried to draw the poison out with my own powers, and after that ran dry I started trying to suck the poison out. And those dwarves, they made it longer.

...Maybe I shouldn't have bothered, because they ended up dying after all. And after I managed to get them to safety, too.

I'll have to apologise to my Medic colleagues after I return to the island. Their jobs aren't any easier than mine, after all.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
'Alright, I'm a f***ing idiot. Those slight vibrations from yesterday should have told me that something was wrong, but I thought nothing of it. Because of that...tch.

The reason why there wasn't any attacks yesterday...well, they were digging. The snakes, I mean. They dug down deep enough to minimize their chances of being detected, and when they managed to get through the foundations of the gate, bypassing the high walls completely---

Well, now I've seen tunneling monsters, for sure. Thing's mouth was thicker than a train carriage and smelled about fifty times worse. I'm told that the behemoth did it's work as quietly and slowly as possible, making it's way up to a certain point...and when that had been achieved, when the barest of layers remained between it and the other side of the gate, it rushed. Erupting right out of the ground with an entire horde following behind.

You can imagine how that might have caught the defenders off guard. Thankfully, it seemed that the dwarven lookout I had chatted with about the vibrations earlier had paid careful consideration to it, and he had managed to convince the rest to turn one catapult facing inwards. So when the thing collapsed half the floor, someone managed to score a lucky cluster of firebombs into it's maw, and the thing's corpse ended up blocking a good part of the very tunnel it dug.

Regardless, from what they tell me, the number of casualties was an all-time high. And I thought the night attack was dangerous; we had the walls to support us that time. This time, not really. An entire day's worth of snakes in one attack, bypassing the wall that usually helped create a choke point? Yeah, not happening. They barely held on long enough for reinforcements to reach.

And of course, I slept through the entire attack in one of the inns in the city. By the time I woke up and caught wind of this thing, it was obviously way too f***ing late to do anything except try to help out in the relief effort. And by that I mean wading through the field with three measly potions strapped to my hip, trying to save as many as I could. Only use it on still-salvageable wounds, they said.

F**k me.

The potions they gave me just replenished health or whatever. It doesn't remove effects like poison, which snakes are very fond of using. It doesn't regenerate lost body parts either. A whole field of dwarves suffering from blood loss or poison, and all I had to offer was 3 potions.

The first one went to a dwarf that I'm guessing tried to take out a spike shooter. The spike buried deeply, missed his heart by a couple inches, and he was bleeding out.

The second went to a burn case. I don't know what happened, but a good part of his body was charred black and still smoking. I could hear the flesh sizzling as I poured the potion over the wounds, and the dwarf fainted. But at least he survived.

I don't even remember who the third potion went to. I just know I carried back a third with all my bottles empty, and while he was missing both legs, he survived as well.

Then I helped with locating more injured dwarves and evacuating them. For the less severe cases, I tried to draw the poison out with my own powers, and after that ran dry I started trying to suck the poison out. And those dwarves, they made it longer.

...Maybe I shouldn't have bothered, because they ended up dying after all. And after I managed to get them to safety, too.

I'll have to apologise to my Medic colleagues after I return to the island. Their jobs aren't any easier than mine, after all.'

- Vicious, G. G.
"Miss Vicious, those are... Horrible news.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that... You did your best though, you tried to help them to the best of your capability, and even if you couldn't save them all, I'm sure the ones you did save are very thankful for your help.

"May the gods grant you the strength to carry on even when faced with the loss of many that you cared for."

Final reward:
Exp
: 320
Money: 20G

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

Last edited:

Epsil

I want a divorce!
Sponsor: CiciLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: 1
Objectives
  • Locate Shimura.
  • Convince him to sign the divorce papers.
  • (optional) Convince Shimura to pay child maintenance
I made a terrible mistake and married the wrong man!
I've realised that I love Agito more than Shimura!
I'm already pregnant with Agito's child, but we can't be legally together until my husband signs the divorce papers but he ran away before I could get him to sign them!
Please, for the sake of my happiness and that of my child's, help me get divorced!
Rewards
Exp: 10(30)Money: 10G (15G)

XD

Locating a missing farmer, seems easy enough.

It took two hours, but Adsall tracked him down to a small hut in the forest. He was happily tending to a small crop field.

"Howdy Neighbour? What brings you to my neck of the woods."

"Mr. Shimura, I've been sent by your wife. She wants you to sign the divorce papers.", Vysic said as he handed the papers to Shimura

"Typical... That whore wants the entire farm. *scribble* There. It's done.", Shimura said, handing back the papers.

"Not like it matters anyway.", Shimura muttered with a small smile.

I quickly left, and went to return the papers. However, as I approached the house... the door was left ajar.
Entering the house, I found the wife and boyfriend dead, with the wife dying from 3 clean cuts across her wrists and neck as well as having her heart removed and stomach cut open. The boyfriend though, his corpse... his arms were mangled like minced meat with bits of bone popping out here and there, his hands were removed. His right and left eyes were removed. He was also castrated.

It was more like he'd been harvested not murdered.

It's like someone was planning a ritual, and a dark one at that.

Something else that was disturbing that if one moved away, the blood splatter was in a pattern of a rose.

Witches used many ingredients for spells, even if they were gross.

The components harvested from the man could be used for a variety of things, most of them leading to horrible outcomes.

Looking back at the girl, He saw something that wasn't harvested. Something that could prove valuable. Something they may have overlooked.

A human fetus is a valuable ingredient. Alive or dead.

Using a jar and a knife, Vysic harvested the dead fetus, preserving it in some special liquid he had on him and a jar from the couples house.

To cover it up he wrote that the stomach was already open by the time he got there.

Well that's quite disturbing but you did complete your objective, so here's your reward.
Exp: 20Money: 10G

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Locating a missing farmer, seems easy enough.

It took two hours, but Adsall tracked him down to a small hut in the forest. He was happily tending to a small crop field.

"Howdy Neighbour? What brings you to my neck of the woods."

"Mr. Himura, I've been sent by your wife. She wants you to sign the divorce papers.", Vysic said as he handed the papers to Himura

"Typical... That whore wants the entire farm. *scribble* There. It's done.", Himura said, handing back the papers.

"Not like it matters anyway.", Himura muttered with a small smile.

I quickly left, and went to return the papers. However, as I approached the house... the door was left ajar.
Entering the house, I found the wife and boyfriend dead, with the wife dying from 3 clean cuts across her wrists and neck as well as having her heart removed and stomach cut open. The boyfriend though, his corpse... his arms were mangled like minced meat with bits of bone popping out here and there, his hands were removed. His right and left eyes were removed. He was also castrated.

It was more like he'd been harvested not murdered.

It's like someone was planning a ritual, and a dark one at that.

Something else that was disturbing that if one moved away, the blood splatter was in a pattern of a rose.

Witches used many ingredients for spells, even if they were gross.

The components harvested from the man could be used for a variety of things, most of them leading to horrible outcomes.

Looking back at the girl, He saw something that wasn't harvested. Something that could prove valuable. Something they may have overlooked.

A human fetus is a valuable ingredient. Alive or dead.

Using a jar and a knife, Adsall harvested the dead fetus, preserving it in some special liquid he had on him and a jar from the couples house.

To cover it up he wrote that the stomach was already open by the time he got there.
Well that's quite disturbing but you did complete your objective, so here's your reward.
Exp: 20Money: 10G

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Finally reaching the guild after walking for almost 2 hours, Liana went up to the receptionist desk and got a note to allow her to go to the kitchens and cook more rations.
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
After entering the kitchen, Liana heard the familiar gruff voice she'd come to get used to after spending hours in this place.

"Here to cook again?"

"Yes...cooking calms me down."

She didn't smile this time, instead walking straight to an empty workstation to place her wine bottle down, before heading for the ingredients.

"...Bah!" The gruff chef waved his hand as if to metaphorically throw the matter away, and went off to discipline one of his apprentice chefs.

Picking out some ginger, lemons, oranges, limes, sugar and some other ingredients, Liana returned to her work station and began prepping the ingredients.
***​
After spending a few hours in the kitchen, Liana brought a tray to the gruff chef and offered one of each crystallised fruit and ginger slice to him. Once he'd tasted them all he asked, "What would be the portion sizes?"

Liana - having managed to clear her head from the activities earlier that night - responded with a bright smile, "Two slices of each fruit and ginger, sir!"

The man looked at her sternly with his arms crossed, "Isn't that a small amount for a portion?"

Liana shook her head and explained, "No. The sugar will provide a lot of energy, as well as preserve the fruit slices for a long time, so it is better to eat a smaller amount compared with other foods in order to not get sick from the sweetness, or worse become hyperactive. Apart from that, it can also be given to children to eat who are malnourished, since it will provide them with needed vitamins as well as a boost in energy." She smiled gently as she finished.

"I see." The chef said as he nibbled on another crystallised ginger slice. "Okay, then! Package up the portions and get out!"

Liana smiled brightly, "Yes, sir!"

Returning to her work station, she packaged the portions up, ending up with roughly 43. She then placed them in the storage room and left with her wine bottle while waving happily at the chef.

"Hmph!" Was his only response, as he nibbled on another crystallised ginger slice.
Returning to the receptionist desk, Liana wrote up her report and handed it in to be evaluated - the dawn breaking as she put down the pen.

X

Last edited:

Feathers95

Tunnel Worm Subjugation
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Survey the mines for signs of tunnel worms.
  • Seal any tunnels created by tunnel worms.
  • Slay one tunnel worm.
  • Collect 1 sack of tunnel worm scales.
These monsters are the things of nightmares.
They drill through the earth and suddenly burst out of the ground.
Thousands of razor sharp teeth ring their circular maw.
They're big enough to swallow a dwarf whole and their armor is strong.
Their tunnels are blatant holes in our defenses. Seal them as soon as possible.
Rewards:
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)

Quest Report (35)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 8 (6880/7200)
Quest: Tunnel Worm Subjugation
Evaluation:
  • Sealed 4 tunnels created by tunnel worms
  • Slayed a tunnel worm
  • Collected a sack of tunnel worm scales
Felicia, after being pestered relentlessly by Sable day and night for weeks as she slowly recovered from her injuries, finally gave in and promised to bring her feathery companion with her during her next quest. Naturally, as the one that had raised Sable from birth, she felt extremely aggrieved at this. Afterall, bringing a bird inside such a dangerous cavern was the same as offering a lamb to a bunch of hungry wolves! Still, considering how much of a havoc Sable had been causing as of late, she had to appease her somehow. Hopefully, one dangerous quest into the mines would be enough to scare her off.

As they wandered through the mountain mines, Felicia kept an especially wary eye out behind them, ensuring that their route of retreat was not blocked off by enemies. If there was any sign of being ambushed by a horde or something similar, she would retreat and drag Sable back with her even if it killed her. Fortunately enough, most of the journey did not show any signs of danger, even in the deeper areas of the caverns. Whilst slowly sealing up yet another tunnel created by a tunnel worm, Sable used her sharp talons to help/hinder her work, scraping out and piling earth trying to mimic her. As much as it was amusing, Felicia silently wondered if she had babied her companion too much. Afterall, Sable was nearing maturity now, her feathers long and beautiful in a myriad of different yellow and white hues, yet she was still doing silly things like this!

Feeling a headache coming on, she returned her attention to the task at hand, wondering where the tunnel worm that had caused all these breaches were. She hoped that someone hadn't defeated it yet, as malicious as that sounded, purely because she didn't want to go any deeper into the caverns with Sable. As she finalized the patching of the tunnel, petting Sable on the head for her good work, she noticed faint tremors growing beneath her feet.

About time. She thought to herself subconsciously, not even noticing her own thirst for combat. Pushing Sable out of the way and leaping to the side, rocks flew into the air as a giant fleshy maw burst through the ground, its thousands of razor-sharp teeth ready to tear apart its prey. Quickly realizing it had missed its target, it directed its momentum to dive towards the giant yellow bird close to it. Narrowly swooping out of the way due to her surprise, she flapped her wings in the narrow cavern and clawed at the beast's metallic scaly armour in anger. As the worm's great length continued to fly past, Sable quickly switched tactics in her frustration, sending out a bolt of electricity which surged through the beast as it dived towards Felicia.

Due to the sudden pause in its movements during its surprise, Felicia switched from attacking its side to its less-armoured face, her blade glowing with frostburn as she struck. Her hands stung from recoil as the sword collided with the beast's tough armour, but she powered through as the blade burnt a vicious injury in the beast's flesh. Although compared to the beast's entire size the wound was slight, the freezing burn that surged from the injury caused it to writhe about in agony. As the tunnel worm dove into the ground in its attempt to retreat, Sable charged forward with her claws wide, scraping off its scales and sending out waves of thunderbolts. Felicia, making use of the gap in its scales, decisively stabbed through the worm's side. As the worm continued to move underground, the blade tore its flesh apart, widening the wound as it moved. Fiercely holding onto her sword so that she didn't lose it, Felicia grit her teeth as she poured more of her mana and energy into this final attack. She really didn't want to lose the worm after all the damage they had done to it, as once it re-entered the earth it'd be difficult to kill it.

Fortunately, after what seemed like hours of holding on, the beast's movements slowly came to a halt, having perished in its attempt to retreat. As Sable munched on the worm's flesh, indulging in a rare feast after coming here to Gelderholm, Felicia sliced and peeled off its scales into a sack borrowed from the guild branch. As much as Sable was useful and fun to have around today, Felicia was still adamant against having her along in any future quests in the mines/mountains, much to her later dismay.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
Quest Report

Finally reaching the guild after walking for almost 2 hours, Liana went up to the receptionist desk and got a note to allow her to go to the kitchens and cook more rations.

After entering the kitchen, Liana heard the familiar gruff voice she'd come to get used to after spending hours in this place.

"Here to cook again?"

"Yes...cooking calms me down."

She didn't smile this time, instead walking straight to an empty workstation to place her wine bottle down, before heading for the ingredients.

"...Bah!" The gruff chef waved his hand as if to metaphorically throw the matter away, and went off to discipline one of his apprentice chefs.

Picking out some ginger, lemons, oranges, limes, sugar and some other ingredients, Liana returned to her work station and began prepping the ingredients.
***​
After spending a few hours in the kitchen, Liana brought a tray to the gruff chef and offered one of each crystallised fruit and ginger slice to him. Once he'd tasted them all he asked, "What would be the portion sizes?"

Liana - having managed to clear her head from the activities earlier that night - responded with a bright smile, "Two slices of each fruit and ginger, sir!"

The man looked at her sternly with his arms crossed, "Isn't that a small amount for a portion?"

Liana shook her head and explained, "No. The sugar will provide a lot of energy, as well as preserve the fruit slices for a long time, so it is better to eat a smaller amount compared with other foods in order to not get sick from the sweetness, or worse become hyperactive. Apart from that, it can also be given to children to eat who are malnourished, since it will provide them with needed vitamins as well as a boost in energy." She smiled gently as she finished.

"I see." The chef said as he nibbled on another crystallised ginger slice. "Okay, then! Package up the portions and get out!"

Liana smiled brightly, "Yes, sir!"

Returning to her work station, she packaged the portions up, ending up with roughly 43. She then placed them in the storage room and left with her wine bottle while waving happily at the chef.

"Hmph!" Was his only response, as he nibbled on another crystallised ginger slice.
Returning to the receptionist desk, Liana wrote up her report and handed it in to be evaluated - the dawn breaking as she put down the pen.

X
"Great work!c Although it seemed that the chef doesn't like you very much..."

Rewards: 40 EXP, 10 G, 5 Rations, Permission to use guild kitchens

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)

Quest Report (35)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 8 (6880/7200)
Quest: Tunnel Worm Subjugation
Evaluation:
  • Sealed 4 tunnels created by tunnel worms
  • Slayed a tunnel worm
  • Collected a sack of tunnel worm scales
Felicia, after being pestered relentlessly by Sable day and night for weeks as she slowly recovered from her injuries, finally gave in and promised to bring her feathery companion with her during her next quest. Naturally, as the one that had raised Sable from birth, she felt extremely aggrieved at this. Afterall, bringing a bird inside such a dangerous cavern was the same as offering a lamb to a bunch of hungry wolves! Still, considering how much of a havoc Sable had been causing as of late, she had to appease her somehow. Hopefully, one dangerous quest into the mines would be enough to scare her off.

As they wandered through the mountain mines, Felicia kept an especially wary eye out behind them, ensuring that their route of retreat was not blocked off by enemies. If there was any sign of being ambushed by a horde or something similar, she would retreat and drag Sable back with her even if it killed her. Fortunately enough, most of the journey did not show any signs of danger, even in the deeper areas of the caverns. Whilst slowly sealing up yet another tunnel created by a tunnel worm, Sable used her sharp talons to help/hinder her work, scraping out and piling earth trying to mimic her. As much as it was amusing, Felicia silently wondered if she had babied her companion too much. Afterall, Sable was nearing maturity now, her feathers long and beautiful in a myriad of different yellow and white hues, yet she was still doing silly things like this!

Feeling a headache coming on, she returned her attention to the task at hand, wondering where the tunnel worm that had caused all these breaches were. She hoped that someone hadn't defeated it yet, as malicious as that sounded, purely because she didn't want to go any deeper into the caverns with Sable. As she finalized the patching of the tunnel, petting Sable on the head for her good work, she noticed faint tremors growing beneath her feet.

About time. She thought to herself subconsciously, not even noticing her own thirst for combat. Pushing Sable out of the way and leaping to the side, rocks flew into the air as a giant fleshy maw burst through the ground, its thousands of razor-sharp teeth ready to tear apart its prey. Quickly realizing it had missed its target, it directed its momentum to dive towards the giant yellow bird close to it. Narrowly swooping out of the way due to her surprise, she flapped her wings in the narrow cavern and clawed at the beast's metallic scaly armour in anger. As the worm's great length continued to fly past, Sable quickly switched tactics in her frustration, sending out a bolt of electricity which surged through the beast as it dived towards Felicia.

Due to the sudden pause in its movements during its surprise, Felicia switched from attacking its side to its less-armoured face, her blade glowing with frostburn as she struck. Her hands stung from recoil as the sword collided with the beast's tough armour, but she powered through as the blade burnt a vicious injury in the beast's flesh. Although compared to the beast's entire size the wound was slight, the freezing burn that surged from the injury caused it to writhe about in agony. As the tunnel worm dove into the ground in its attempt to retreat, Sable charged forward with her claws wide, scraping off its scales and sending out waves of thunderbolts. Felicia, making use of the gap in its scales, decisively stabbed through the worm's side. As the worm continued to move underground, the blade tore its flesh apart, widening the wound as it moved. Fiercely holding onto her sword so that she didn't lose it, Felicia grit her teeth as she poured more of her mana and energy into this final attack. She really didn't want to lose the worm after all the damage they had done to it, as once it re-entered the earth it'd be difficult to kill it.

Fortunately, after what seemed like hours of holding on, the beast's movements slowly came to a halt, having perished in its attempt to retreat. As Sable munched on the worm's flesh, indulging in a rare feast after coming here to Gelderholm, Felicia sliced and peeled off its scales into a sack borrowed from the guild branch. As much as Sable was useful and fun to have around today, Felicia was still adamant against having her along in any future quests in the mines/mountains, much to her later dismay.
"Good work, Miss Felicia! However, as you said so, I think that bringing your companion with you into the dangerous quest might not be ideal."

Rewards: 300 EXP, 20 G

Epsil

> > >
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
> > >

nothinghappened.

That's a little too short if you ask me.
  • Money: 5 G

Last edited:

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT: Appraised
> > >
Infiltrating the Criminal Network
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Missing Children
  • Infiltrate a criminal network while undercover.
  • Gather intelligence about criminal activities.
Networks of criminals, thieves, and street gangs are known to operate in Scribel.
In order to stay one step ahead of crime, we need to know what they're planning.
Please infiltrate a criminal organization. Do not get caught. Rewards:
> > >
Now, it's important that I don't get recognized in this. With the amount of public exposure that I've had until now, that would be rather difficult, so I have no choice but to change my appearance. I quite dislike doing this, and the amount of energy lost during this process isn't small either. Using the pretense of completing a quest to leave the city I first stash my glasses, iron bar, and wooden stick in my room before heading to the northern forest in which I hide before I store as much of the energy I use to maintain my body as possible, turning it into a vague shape that can be dispersed by the smallest of breezes. Then I pick a different appearance and slowly redefine my body with it as the basis, slowly rebuilding my body to suit the new appearance.

Character Sheet - Canis
Race
Human​
Level
3 (620 EXP)​
Class
Mad Dog​
Money
70G​
Appearance
Personality
The personality of Canis can essentially be summed up in 2 words - aggressive and merciless. He tends to solve things through violence.
Backstory
Canis used to live in a world which essentially was a single planet, completely covered by a single city. Shunned by his peers due to his violent nature, he had no choice but to turn to crime. Alas, the gang he joined was on the losing side of a conflict. When all hope was lost, he fled through a portal and arrived in this brave new world.

However, these memories are completely fake, as Canis is a fake personality constructed by Exal to infiltrate a criminal network.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Brass Knuckles​
A simple pair of bloody brass knuckles
Lavish ClothesA set of lavish-looking clothes
SkillDescription
Dog Fight​
Canis excels in extremely close range combat, always finding a way to attack no matter how entangled with the opponent
Fueled by Madness​
Instead of shying away from pain, Canis seems to revel in the feeling and the more he gets hit, the more viciously he fights back

I brush my long hair out of my face, crack my joints, and swagger back to the city while making adjustments to my simulated personality, saving the old settings and memories in a time-locked area as I construct a new personality and a set of mock memories, as well as a subconscious routine of notifying secretly notifying the guild about my activities in a written letter which the personality won't be aware of. From this point onward, I am Canis, the rabid dog.

At the gates, the guards eye me warily but let me through and I confidently walk around the streets while scanning the area for signs of organized criminal activity. It is in a street filled with shops that I finally notice a strange sign at every storefront. This might be what I'm looking for.

"Hmm~" I brush my hair out of my face in a mocking manner as I enter a shop at random and let my gaze fly over the goods within. A blacksmith. Not bad. After a few more steps I arrive at the counter. I lean onto it as I support myself with my arms, tilt my head, and question the slightly frightened shopkeeper:

"So, who are you guys paying protection fees to?"

"W-We are protected by the Crimson Coin, y-you better not mess with us!"

"That's what I wanted to hear. Good boy."

I pat the man's head before strolling out of the shop - only to walk into a group of armed thugs glaring at me.

"You shouldn't cause trouble here." They threaten me. Scary~ but even better than expected. I can't I already get a shot at joining the gang.

"Sure, sure~" As I observe them in detail I notice that they all wear a glove with the same symbol I found on the storefronts.

"You guys from the Crimson Coin, eh?" I start chatting with them. "Always looked up to you guys. What does it take to join?"

The thugs exchange a few wary glances before scoffing. "A test of your skill, and a round of questioning. Just to make sure you're not a spy."

"Sure, sounds good~" I agree while stretching.

A short and annoying few minutes of walking through a confusing maze of alleys later we arrive at an iron door in a solid wall. One of the thugs steps toward it and then knocks on it in a weird pattern, before stepping back. Meanwhile, I have my arms crossed and am impatiently tapping on my elbow. This sure is taking a while.

Then finally the door opens - and with a glint, a throwing knife flies my way. I dash to the left, both feet close to the ground while equipping my still bloody brass knuckles. Then a masked figure dashes out from the shadow behind the door, the dagger in its hand piercing towards my stomach. Having made a sudden move just now, dodging again would throw me off balance, so I instead shift the brass knuckle on my right hand around and, using it as a makeshift shield, deflect the dagger while my left hand shoots forward, trying to hit the attacker's kidney.

But it seems like I was playing right into his hands as I feel a dagger piercing into my palm from above, stopping my attack and messing up my grasp of the brass knuckles. Without a second of hesitation, I dash forward with my right elbow pointing towards the attacker's chest, trying to hit his solar plexus - only to feel another dagger dig into my right leg before the world spins around as the attacker easily trips me and steps out of my way before pressing a dagger against my throat.

I stare at the mask, the grin on my face slowly fading. "That was fun. Did I pass?"

Instead of an answer, something pierces into my thigh - probably a syringe or something, and I quickly start feeling muddle-headed before blacking out.

Someone kicks my side, and I hear a shout: "Wake up, will you!?"

"P*ss off, mate!" Comes my immediate, annoyed response as I groggily open my eyes. Ah. What was I doing again?

I hear laughter from around me before a hand pats me on the shoulder. "Good job, you passed. Welcome to the Crimson Coin."

"Ah?" What about the questioning? Oh well, not that it matters. "Nice!"

Finally opening my eyes completely I notice that I am in a room with a couple of bunk beds and the group of thugs that brought me to the door. After checking that I still have my money on me, I shout:

"Alright lads, drinks are on me tonight!"

"Awesome! I like him already!"

At 3 AM with most people drunk, the subroutine starts and I write a letter to the guild which I sneakily slip onto the reception desk.

This is Exal. I have successfully infiltrated the criminal gang "Crimson Coins" under the guise of a fake personality. They run a protection racket on the 3rd Merchant's street and seem to gain a lot of funds from this. There is at least one highly capable fighter in the gang. Additional reports will follow. You can hide the reward in the third dump from the north in the Saint's Street in the slums. The profile of my new personality is added to this letter.

Further reports will follow.
Character Sheet - Canis
GenderMaleRaceHumanLevel3 (620 EXP)
Age19ClassMad DogMoney60G
Appearance
Personality
The personality of Canis can essentially be summed up in 2 words - aggressive and merciless. He tends to solve things through violence.
Backstory
Canis used to live in a world which essentially was a single planet, completely covered by a single city. Shunned by his peers due to his violent nature, he had no choice but to turn to crime. Alas, the gang he joined was on the losing side of a conflict. When all hope was lost, he fled through a portal and arrived in this brave new world.

However, these memories are completely fake, as Canis is a fake personality constructed by Exal to infiltrate a criminal network.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Brass KnucklesA simple pair of bloody brass knuckles
SkillDescription
Dog FightCanis excels in extremely close range combat, always finding a way to attack no matter how entangled with the opponent
Fueled by MadnessInstead of shying away from pain, Canis seems to revel in the feeling and the more he gets hit, the more viciously he fights back

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
nothinghappened.
That's a little too short if you ask me.
  • Money: 5 G
Edit: OOC: If you get any shorter with your reports I won't even give you a reward.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation

Now, it's important that I don't get recognized in this. With the amount of public exposure that I've had until now, that would be rather difficult, so I have no choice but to change my appearance. I quite dislike doing this, and the amount of energy lost during this process isn't small either. Using the pretense of completing a quest to leave the city I first stash my glasses, iron bar, and wooden stick in my room before heading to the northern forest in which I hide before I store as much of the energy I use to maintain my body as possible, turning it into a vague shape that can be dispersed by the smallest of breezes. Then I pick a different appearance and slowly redefine my body with it as the basis, slowly rebuilding my body to suit the new appearance.

Character Sheet - Canis
Race
Human​
Level
3 (620 EXP)​
Class
Mad Dog​
Money
70G​
Appearance
Personality
Backstory

InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Brass Knuckles​
A simple pair of bloody brass knuckles
SkillDescription
Dog Fight​
Canis excels in extremely close range combat, always finding a way to attack no matter how entangled with the opponent
Fueled by Madness​
Instead of shying away from pain, Canis seems to revel in the feeling and the more he gets hit, the more viciously he fights back

I brush my long hair out of my face, crack my joints, and swagger back to the city while making adjustments to my simulated personality, saving the old settings and memories in a time-locked area as I construct a new personality and a set of mock memories, as well as a subconscious routine of notifying secretly notifying the guild about my activities in a written letter which the personality won't be aware of. From this point onward, I am Canis, the rabid dog.

At the gates, the guards eye me warily but let me through and I confidently walk around the streets while scanning the area for signs of organized criminal activity. It is in a street filled with shops that I finally notice a strange sign at every storefront. This might be what I'm looking for.

"Hmm~" I brush my hair out of my face in a mocking manner as I enter a shop at random and let my gaze fly over the goods within. A blacksmith. Not bad. After a few more steps I arrive at the counter. I lean onto it as I support myself with my arms, tilt my head, and question the slightly frightened shopkeeper:

"So, who are you guys paying protection fees to?"

"W-We are protected by the Crimson Coin, y-you better not mess with us!"

"That's what I wanted to hear. Good boy."

I pat the man's head before strolling out of the shop - only to walk into a group of armed thugs glaring at me.

"You shouldn't cause trouble here." They threaten me. Scary~ but even better than expected. I can't I already get a shot at joining the gang.

"Sure, sure~" As I observe them in detail I notice that they all wear a glove with the same symbol I found on the storefronts.

"You guys from the Crimson Coin, eh?" I start chatting with them. "Always looked up to you guys. What does it take to join?"

The thugs exchange a few wary glances before scoffing. "A test of your skill, and a round of questioning. Just to make sure you're not a spy."

"Sure, sounds good~" I agree while stretching.

A short and annoying few minutes of walking through a confusing maze of alleys later we arrive at an iron door in a solid wall. One of the thugs steps toward it and then knocks on it in a weird pattern, before stepping back. Meanwhile, I have my arms crossed and am impatiently tapping on my elbow. This sure is taking a while.

Then finally the door opens - and with a glint, a throwing knife flies my way. I dash to the left, both feet close to the ground while equipping my still bloody brass knuckles. Then a masked figure dashes out from the shadow behind the door, the dagger in its hand piercing towards my stomach. Having made a sudden move just now, dodging again would throw me off balance, so I instead shift the brass knuckle on my right hand around and, using it as a makeshift shield, deflect the dagger while my left hand shoots forward, trying to hit the attacker's kidney.

But it seems like I was playing right into his hands as I feel a dagger piercing into my palm from above, stopping my attack and messing up my grasp of the brass knuckles. Without a second of hesitation, I dash forward with my right elbow pointing towards the attacker's chest, trying to hit his solar plexus - only to feel another dagger dig into my right leg before the world spins around as the attacker easily trips me and steps out of my way before pressing a dagger against my throat.

I stare at the mask, the grin on my face slowly fading. "That was fun. Did I pass?"

Instead of an answer, something pierces into my thigh - probably a syringe or something, and I quickly start feeling muddle-headed before blacking out.

Someone kicks my side, and I hear a shout: "Wake up, will you!?"

"P*ss off, mate!" Comes my immediate, annoyed response as I groggily open my eyes. Ah. What was I doing again?

I hear laughter from around me before a hand pats me on the shoulder. "Good job, you passed. Welcome to the Crimson Coin."

"Ah?" What about the questioning? Oh well, not that it matters. "Nice!"

Finally opening my eyes completely I notice that I am in a room with a couple of bunk beds and the group of thugs that brought me to the door. After checking that I still have my money on me, I shout:

"Alright lads, drinks are on me tonight!"

"Awesome! I like him already!"

At 3 AM with most people drunk, the subroutine starts and I write a letter to the guild which I sneakily slip onto the reception desk.

This is Exal. I have successfully infiltrated the criminal gang "Crimson Coins" under the guise of a fake personality. They run a protection racket on the 3rd Merchant's street and seem to gain a lot of funds from this. There is at least one highly capable fighter in the gang. Additional reports will follow. You can hide the reward in the third dump from the north in the Saint's Street in the slums. The profile of my new personality is added to this letter.

Further reports will follow.
Character Sheet - Canis
GenderMaleRaceHumanLevel3 (620 EXP)
Age19ClassMad DogMoney60G
Appearance
Personality
Backstory

InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Brass KnucklesA simple pair of bloody brass knuckles
SkillDescription
Dog FightCanis excels in extremely close range combat, always finding a way to attack no matter how entangled with the opponent
Fueled by MadnessInstead of shying away from pain, Canis seems to revel in the feeling and the more he gets hit, the more viciously he fights back
Well done, we look forward to your future reports.