Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
UNEVALUATED
  • Title: An Extra set of eyes
  • Sponsor: Farmer Joe
  • Required Level: 1
  • Tag List: @Leegood
  • Objectives: Investigate and eliminate the cause of missing grain
  • Description: Farmer Joe was checking his farm one morning when he noticed that the grain silo had fewer grains than the last time he checked it, he reckons that it might be some large rats or something, who knows, he wants you to investigate for him!
  • Rewards:
    • EXP: 30
    • Money: 10 G
    • 1 Kilogram of of Vegetables
Drevart entered the receptionist's hall late at night. There was a faint burnt smell from his clothes.
"Next time, please be more careful when accepting requests from people who had their children left to die by adventurers..."
He mumbled quietly while giving his report and then adds.
"And do something about those cultists finally. Mr. Joe, who posted the request was a minor cultist of some demonic cult... again..."
“Hmm… so this is where farmer Joe lives... They said to be careful but…”

Drevart looked at the dilapidated building in front of him. There was a small field behind the house and the house itself looked like it never saw the hands of a proper carpenter repair. The fence was crooked, the roof certainly had leaks and he believed that the wind can freely enter the house even when all the shutters are closed.

“Is it even possible to live here…?”

Drevart was confused, at first, he even thought that he got the wrong building but after asking around and looking at the handmade map it was the right one.

???: “Hey, what are you standing there like a bum?! Who the heck are you even?!”

Suddenly a voice reached out of the building. It was raspy and old.

“I’m an adventurer of Adventurer’s Guild! Here to solve the problem with pests! Are you farmer Joe?!”

Drevart shouted back. He wanted some change of pace and decided to take a relatively safe quest. Who knew that his first thing to do for it would be to shout at the building to let him in.

Joe: “Ah, so it’s you! Come in, the gate ain’t locked!”

…………………………………………………

They were sitting across each other. Joe was a skinny old man as you could guess from his voice. His eyes had a couple of blemishes. His eyesight should be really poor, it was a wonder how he even lives here alone but it was no wonder that he needed help with pests, especially if those were Giant Rats. Those can be a real pain if there are several of them.

Joe: “So they sent a young one to help this old man *Sigh… Well, I guess this task isn’t that hard. I already have a spot prepared for the ambush. Would you like to see it?”

Drevart thought for a second and then answered.

“Well, first of all, I’d like to look at the “crime scene”. Just to check up on what pests we are dealing with.”

Joe smacked his almost lips and said.

Joe: “Well I’ll show you the places then. The field I tend to isn’t that big since living alone is hard nowadays especially if you are an old man… hehe…”

…………………………………………………….

Drevart was looking at the chewed crops and was trying to find any traces of it being tampered with. But everything seemed totally fine. Well, except for the crops being eaten and some trenches in the ground. But something still bugged him a bit. Drevart certainly remembered that Joe can bear a grudge for the adventurers but everything seemed fine… In the end, he decided to just shrug this weird feeling of some unnaturalness off and deal with the pests first.

“So, Mr. Joe, let’s go look at your prepared observation spot.”

Joe: “Sure, young one, let’s go it’s nearby. I’ve sprayed some rat bait there so they will for sure appear in that place and we need only to wait and after that SMACK!”

He made a chopping motion and they arrived at a small dirt mound. Drevart already had ideas on what that spot was and indeed when he checked it was a blanket covered in dirt with a certain fishy smell he remembered all too well.

“Fishmud grass?”

He asked while raising his brow.

Joe: “Heh, you are pretty knowledgeable. Yes, it’s a good smell repellent, my granddad taught me that on a hunt. So what do you think about the spot?”

Drevart looked around. The field looked a bit abandoned and deserted, but there were for sure plenty of crops in this place to bait pests with and with the proper bait…

“Just one question. If you had everything prepared then why ask Adventurer’s Guild for help?”

Joe said while smiling wryly.

Joe: “You see, I’m an old man now and it would be hard to deal with giant rats if there are many of them. You, on the other hand, is young and strong enough to deal with them.”

Taking that as a reasonable explanation Drevart nodded. He had indeed forgotten that humans only grow weaker with age unlike those of his race. If they properly improve their connection to the Aether plane then they’ll basically become some old monsters.

“Ok, then I’ll wait here for the night to arrive.”

Joe: “Are you sure youn’ one? The ground is cold.”

“Don’t worry, Mr. Joe, I’m used to lying in wait…”

…………………………………………………………..

After the night fell Drevart was waiting. His breath was almost imperceptible. And his perception is concentrated on the world around him. He was ready to strike any time. This highly concentrated state was pretty taxing on the mind but can provide faster reaction speed and higher spatial awareness during an assassination. At least that was his “technique”.

Finally a couple of hours after the sunset he heard the faint rustling of the crops and soon a huge shadow came in his vision. It was alone and the feeling that something wasn’t right surfaced again. This time even more intense than before. The shadow was the size of a dog.

/Wait, a dog? That’s too large for a giant rat…!/

When Drevart was already going to jump up he felt a strong gust of wind coming from behind and then he felt pain in his head as if a few church's bells rang inside of it simultaneously. And after another surge of pain, everything went black…

……………………………………………………………...

After waking up Drevart found himself bound in a dark room. He was sitting on the ground, hands behind his back bound to the wooden stake. His head hurt like hell. After his vision cleared Drevart could finally see clearly where he was. It was an underground room, something similar to the cellar. There were farming tools here, a table with a lit oil lamp standing on it. In the corner there was a shadow, munching on something. At a closer look, it was… a Giant Rat. But it was the size of a dog and it felt a bit… stiff? When it noticed movement the rat immediately turned around and Drevart immediately understood what was wrong with it…

Its fur was ragged and dirty, fresh blood was trickling down its half-opened mouth… and it’s sewn eyes… It clearly wasn’t alive anymore… and it clearly got buffed up after death… That could be seen from it’s squirming flesh.

And when the rat was already closing in on Drevart, he heard an opening hatch and footsteps coming down via a creaking staircase.

Joe: “Well, well, well… already woken up? That’s good! Young ones are really stronger these days…”

He shakes his head as if resignation.

Joe: “So… now we can finally start with the procedure… and my son… my dear son… will finally appear before me again…”

After that, he dropped a body near Drevart. It was the body of a child. It was partially eaten and rotten but it was still possible to distinguish that he was quite young when he died.

Then Joe took out a small idol from the secret stash under the table. The idol was in the shape of an ugly demon. He was carrying a trail of skulls behind him and each one of those was eerily green… His bloated stomach was hanging down and unproportionally large pig head was munching on a human leg.

/So that’s it? I guess people never change in different worlds./

He had a guess on what was going to happen and decided to try something. After all, if he were to allow this man to perform the ritual he would be doomed, so he has to do something before that… And he will perform to the utmost of his current abilities.

He willed it and suddenly the old man before him felt a gust of wind passing. He turned around a bit frightened but with a certain… zeal in his eyes. After that came dense sulfuric smell and when it settled down he heard a booming voice in his mind.

“I saw ye’ devotion to me! And I’m impressed! Your hand was steady and your heart didn’t waver even for a second… so decide what is it that you wish from me, mortal?!”

Drevart was straining his mind. He had to make every part be synchronized with each other. He needed for every part of the performance to be seamlessly connected to each other for that was his stage… his theatre and the closing scene shall be…

Joe: “O’ Great One! This lowly one never thought you would p[ay attention to this puny figure for I’m just a small rat on the outskirts of your great cult! Please have mercy on this old man and grant me my wish, for I prepared a sacrifice for you! I want to… revive my son… And I shall offer the soul of this hateful adventurer in exchange.”

After a little bit of tense silence for a dramatic pause, the booming voice was heard again.

“Hahaha! Good! I shall grant you your wish! I will take the soul of this puny adventurer and put the soul of your son in his body instead! For I am the One Looking Over the Dead Souls!”

Joe was already kneeling in front of the idol in religious zeal and didn’t pay attention to anything else. When the last bits of echoing voice died away he finally turned around to look at Drevart only to see a ball of glowing light with a faint figure of a child inside. The image resembled the body of a child but without rotten or bitten off parts.

Joe: “Gonry…”

A single tear rolled down the old man’s cheek.

After the glowing ball of light “entered” his body. Drevart faked losing consciousness. After a couple of seconds faking he felt like his body was hugged and he heard soft muttering.

Joe: “Gonry? Gonry is it you? Answer me, please, Gonry…”

After repeated shaking Drevart drowsily opened his eyes and said in a childish voice. He specifically changed his voice so it would sound a bit more childish.

“Uhn… what? Daddy? Wh… where am I? Oh, goddess!”

He faked being horrified when his sight fell on a corpse and a rat nearby. Joe immediately closed his eyes with his hand and said.

Joe: “Don’t worry, my dear. Everything’s fine… everything’s gonna be fine now…”

“Daddy.. my body feels weird…”

Joe: “Don’t worry, you’ll soon get used to it… Let’s go away from here. Let’s go far away, so the adventurers will no longer get us… I still remember how they left you there..my dear Gonry…”

After crying for a while Joe took out a kitchen knife and cut the ropes tying Drevart’s hands down. When he got his hands free he immediately grabbed the handle of the knife and using Joe’s own hands he stabbed the stomach of an old man. Joe was genuinely surprised. He thought that everything was going well… but then he saw cold emotionless eyes. Eyes of the murderer.

Joe: “You… deceived… Blergh…”

The old man vomited some blood and fell on the ground. The dead rat screeched and immediately pounced on the fresh prey with warm blood flowing out of the stomach as well as some intestines.

Drevart immediately got up and, not waiting for a rat to change targets, ran to the table and threw the oil lamp at the rat and Joe’s bodies. And then he ran. He ran as fast as he could while hearing shrill screeches from behind.
OOC: Something like that >.> @Leegood
Summary:
  • Got to know farmer Joe
  • Got kidnapped by farmer Joe
  • Performed a fake sacrificial ceremony as well as a revival for farmer Joe
  • Killed farmer Joe
  • Burned down his house
"Well... This is a very troublesome report, mister Drevart...

"I'm glad you're still alive, but with the farm burned down, the chances of us finding anything that proves your report are... Slim. It would have been much easier if we could have seen the bodies at least...

"I'm afraid I'll have to fail your report, my deepest apologies. I do wish to believe your retelling, but we have no real way of confirming it, so I sadly have my hands tied.

"May the gods help you find real requests in the future."

Quest Failed.

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised.
*pokess @Leegood*

Reciful

APPRAISED

Delivering Medicine
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Delivering Packages
  • Pick up a priority package from the guild.
  • Deliver the package ASAP.
  • Package must arrive on time and intact.
The Guild often receives urgent distress calls from nearby villages. We have a message about someone who is severely ill. Please deliver the medicine to the recipient as soon as possible. There are lives at stake! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: A small "Thank You" gift

Character: Reciful the Innocent malice
Lvl: 4 (1535/2000)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Delivering medicine.
" It urgent.... You must deliver this to the Village of Asteria quickly ok.... Don't get lost!!"

After Reciful Receive the package, I immediately went towards the location...

A distress signal is sent, saying there is a disease spreading in the Village of Asteria.

Strapping a large backpack full of medical supplies against disease. I walk out of the guild. Walking with bare foot towards the Village,

The main road is crowded, I decided to take a short cut in the back alley. .

unlike before, I'm much comfortable in manipulating human structure enough that I can run now. I avoided some box, barrels & empty bottle, scattered around in the city back alley. While running in a jogging like manner..... Cause I'm still not that good at using human body to Sprint.

The sun is high up the sky, there is no point in entering the shadow to travel through Asteria. Since the road leading towards that place have very few trees & building that can cast shadow for me to travel. I have no choice but to go on foot for now & wait until nightfalls.

taking a turn to a corner, I bumped in two male's at the back alley.... The look like some thugs.

" Hey!... Look where you going!! "
" Oh.. look Alex, its a brat... A pretty one! *Whistles~* "
" Oh brat... That bag you carry... Seems heavy I'll carry it for you, so Give it to me, alright "

I shake My head sideways indicating "No"

"Oi-oi brat can't you understand simple words I said give me that bag! & Follow us! "
" Ehehe~ brat if you don't want to get hurt just do as we says ok? Don't worry we will have a fun time " said by the two thugs

since Reciful have no time to play Pretend, & have no time to wastes acting.... I Whispered directly into their minds with holding back... After all there is no other people as witness.

" S̴i̷l̷e̷n̵t̴s̵ ̸&̷ ̸l̸e̴t̵ ̴m̷e̴ ̸t̷h̸r̸o̸u̸g̶h̷,̴̶ ̶S̷i̸l̸e̸n̴t̵s̶ &̶ ̴̴s̵t̷a̶n̷d̶ m̷o̷t̶i̷o̸n̶l̷e̴s̸s̴l̵y̴, S̶i̶l̷e̵n̸t̶s̴ &̶ ̶N̷e̶v̶e̵r̷ ̷s̸t̵o̸p̴ ̵s̸m̶i̶l̵i̶n̵g̷,̵ ̸̵S̷i̷l̷e̶n̵t̸s̸ ̷&̷ ̴h̴a̷v̴e̷ ̵N̵i̷g̵h̸t̴m̴a̷r̷e̵s̵ ̵f̷r̶o̸m̷ ̷n̷o̸w̵ ̶o̷n̷.̵ S̸i̶l̶e̸n̷t̶s̵ ̴&̵ ̴f̸o̴r̵g̸e̷t̴ ̶m̴e̶ "

Reciful said directly to their brain, repeatedly saying the word over & over. Till They stood motionless, & let me through... With a smile on their faces that will never fade, blocking their memories of me.

I keep running until I eventually reach the city gates, passing some city guards, showing the guild card, as well the request paper. They let me through.

I keep running until I reach the farm fields all along with bare foot. I keep running in a jogging like manner without break. Until finally the sun is about to set....

Nightfalls, I entered the darkness of night, in there I resume traveling towards the Asteria Village. In a much greater speed.

after I rush traveling inside the shadow, I eventually reach the village of asteria at midnight,

Reciful did notice a large crater.... It felt nostalgic somehow... But Reciful ignore it.

knocking to a random house, to Announce arrival of the Supplies medicine.

*Knock**knock*

".... Yes~ who is it? " A lady in her 30 open the door.

"... Eh?... Um little girl what is it? What do you need?.. are you lost?" The Aunty speak tenderly & gently towards Reciful... Reciful felt warm inside.

" Reciful, give Supplies, from, Guild, Medicine Delivered "

"..Eh?.. guild.. supplies, Delivered?...... Ah!? The Medicine!! For the Disease!!... Your from the Scrible then!.. wow thats fast!"

She immediately grab & drag Reciful to a big house were the leader of this village lives... The mayor.

" Thank you! For Delivering the medicine this fast!!... We are actually worried, that the medical supply might take 3 or 4 days to be delivered. Cause this Disease is Spreading to fast!... Thank you!! with this we can prevent it from spreading to nearby villages & stopping it from becaming a epidemic! "

" disease, where came, from? " Reciful just ask without any meaning.

" We actually not sure.... A few days ago the Village is covered by a black fog, but it immediately vanish after haft a hour.... Then 5 days later... People suddenly fell ill we don't know if that the reason.... You have Idea at all" the mayor said with gloominess

Reciful stay there for one more day & travelled on foot back to Scrible with nothing much happening

Done

Reciful Delivered Medical supplies in Asteria Village.

Signed: Reciful

Last edited:

Vanus

> > >

Missing Children
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
---​
Name: Liam
Physical description: [Sketch provided]
Last seen: Two days ago, his friends saw him went to an abandoned house. At night of that day and the day after, we checked the nook and cranny of the abandoned house, and found nothing. He hadn't gone back to our house either.

The abandoned house is located on [address provided], if you want to check. I'm usually at the second stall from the dog statue in the market as I work there.

Lia, his sister.
---​
"You are here to look for my little brother?" Lia said.

"Yes."

"Right, last sunday, he went to play with his friends. They like to explore the city, entering the nook and cranny of the city and find something new. That day, he and his friends went inside an abandoned house. He went there first, entering through the windows. As they followed him, they couldn't find his trace at all. It was like he vanished."

"Then?"

"They tried to look around the house. None of his friends saw him leaving at all. Even the one who stayed out did not see him. He just went missing. After that, one of them rushed to my home and informed my family. Even when we searched overnight, we could not find him there."

"No other hint?" she asked. Lia shook her head.

"ok. will search for him."

+++
She arrived at the house. There was an opened window that she could see, while the others was shut. As that was the only entrance, she moved to enter.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

There was a stranger, coming out of the door behind the window. Was she on the wrong house? If the stranger went around naked like that, was she in someone's property? She looked at her map, and found that it was the right house. Then, perhaps did he knew where Liam went?

"Looking for Liam. Blue eyes, black hair, white skin. Have you seen?" She asked the stranger.

"Liam eh? It has been that long since I've heard that name. Yes, I know of him." The stranger answered.

"An acquintance?" Did the boy knew the man in front of her? Was that the reason he entered the house first, since he already knew what was inside?

"You could say that." he said.

"Then, you know where he could be?" She asked.

"Well. Sure. Let's go with that. You're an adventurer, right? Can I ask you to fetch something for me to wear? I'll tell you where he is."

How would she do that? She did not know where she could fetch human clothes. Well, she could probably ask Liam's sister to come here. She then nodded and left.

+++​
"Found someone."

"Eh?" Lia, who was tending on her stall stiffened. After she saw her, she then relaxed and said, "Did you find my brother?"

"No, that person know his location."

"Wait. That person?" she tilted her head. "Who?"

"Don't know. He asked for clothes."

"Huh?"

"Naked, asked for clothes."

"Are you sure he know? Perhaps, you meet a crazy person?"

Was she? The man was naked. His hair was long and dishveled, like it hadn't been washed for days. Why did she believe him that he knew Liam's location? But on the off chance he knew, she couldn't dismiss him. Should she bring her to the abandoned house then? If the man knew about Liam, Lia should hear about it.

"Want to go there?"

"Well... I have to tend to my stall right now. Would you wait for me?"

She waited.

+++
It was afternoon, when Lia was done with her stall. They both went to the abandoned house together. As they arrived, they found the man sleeping under the opened window. Lia pushed her to the front, asking her to wake the man up. She took a nearby branch and poked him with it.

"uhh... hwa?" The naked man woke up. Still groggy, he turned to her.

From behind her, Lia then said, "So, you know where my brother is?"

"Eh? Sis?" The man said. He rubbed his eyes, taking as many crust on his eyes as he could.

Confused at his answer, she repeat the question once again.

"Oh... I see. You may not believe it sis, but I am Liam." He said to her.

"Eh? Let's go back. He's clearly mad." Lia said, pulling her hand away from the man.

"Wait! I can prove it! You still wet your bed!"

"Tha-that thing doesn't prove anything! the neighbors knew!" She shouted, her face redden.

"I have more! please wait! You were rejected by Cedric! You said to me that he doesn't want someone who still wet their bed to be his girlfriend!" He shouted.

"It spread this far!?" her face paled.

"Right. Then, when I was eight, you had a crush on Ian's brother. You asked me to ask Ian to be your matchmaker. Since we don't understand what you meant, we invite his brother to our house, and we locked you both in your room. It was Jean's suggestion anyway since his brother did that with his girlfriend."

"That happened huh... I was trying to forget that."

"Should I say anymore? I still have a lot of your embarassing stories, if you want to hear."

"Nn... That's enough for now. Are you really Liam, though? Why are you like this?" Lia asked.

"Well... where should I start... would you believe that I was sent to the past? twenty years ago, there was a girl living here. As I went through the window, I found myself in the girl's room. She lived alone here, and was shocked when she saw me entering."

He continued, "Well... somehow we became friends. But, when I try to leave, I end up on her room once again. If I go through the main door, It leads to her bedroom. If I go through the window, I ended up entering her room through the window. No matter what I did, I cannot leave. It lasted for fifteen years. I tried to leave with a servant who came to the house once a week, and it failed."

"Then?" Mei and Lia said.

"Then, she died. She was a sickly girl since we met. The servant no longer come from then on. I was left alone on the house. For five years, I tried to leave the house. It was then, when I saw the adventurer came."

"How did you survive for five years?" Lia asked.

"As for how I survived, I became a magician. Has been one since she taught me. I used the mana on the air as a substitute for food." He then showed them a ball of fire on his hand.

"So, quest complete?" Mei said.

"Ah, right. Quest complete, I guess. Thank you for finding my little brother." Lia responded.

"Wait, did you remember to bring clothes for me?"

she did not.
"Extremely suspicious but I'm to tired to actually look into this passed." AIEO ticks of the rewards before having a 3 second nap on the desk.
REWARDS:
Money: 15 G

Feathers95

The Captain's Test
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Meet a pirate captain in Spire Reef.
  • Impress or pass the captain’s test.
  • Get recruited as part of the captain’s crew.
  • Note: Don’t think it’s so easy to quit after joining!
The port of Spire Reef is a safe haven for many pirates.
Many captains recruit new crew members in this rowdy harbor.
Do you have what it takes to impress a pirate captain?
Bewarned, the pirates here can get quite hardcore!
Rewards:
  • Other: Pirate Tattoo
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (45)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (8835/9000) 1
Quest: The Captain's Test
Evaluation:
  • Failed to join a crimson flagged priate crew
  • Joined the Red Serpent Pirate Crew
Well, since plan A failed and led to the people she didn't want finding out about her, finding out about her, she might as well go all in and just investigate brazenly. With that in mind, she scanned the harbour for a certain crimson-coloured flag and its clawed skull symbol. Even though 3 months had passed, by some stroke of luck, she found the ship she was looking for at one of the edge-most docking points. Interestingly enough, the ship seemed to be in perfect condition, perhaps since she had caught them recently doing maintenance repairs and upgrades or something along those lines.

Relatively confidently, she strolled over towards the ship and boarded it, before being confronted by one of the pirates scrutinizing her harshly. Although reluctant to show such a beggar-like person to the captain, he still knocked on the door to the captain's quarters and allowed her access. Almost immediately, she was abruptly booted out of the room by the person inside. Looking at the utter disgust on his face, and the noble temperament surrounding the man, Ari was immediately aggravated by what just occurred but knew she had no chance of impressing the snobby fellow. Afterall, she was like that once, she knew very well how arrogant those folk could be. If she caused a scene, she had a feeling he'd be even less inclined to test her.

Whilst slightly fuming and marching off the ship, she noticed a pair of dark blue eyes staring her down from a distance. A pale man carrying a crate looked at her in confusion, seemingly bewildered by her appearance. After some thought, wondering why someone would pay such notice to a pirate wannabe like herself, she realized he must be Tyon! The guy that had captured her as a slave for this pirate crew in the first place! He was one of the few people that had seen her afterall, and she already knew the appearance of the others that did. Flashing him an innocent smile, he jumped a little before turning back to his duties and scurrying away.

Well, since plan B also failed, Ari was a little at a loss of what to do. She wanted to infiltrate that pirate crew(that she had confirmed had ties with slavery) and investigate the slave market more, but since that wasn't possible, perhaps she could just join a random pirate crew and gain information on their usual activities. Maybe she'd figure out some hidden habits/tricks that they used to capture slaves and the like, if they did partake in slavery, which she could pass on to the guild and help warn the others about their tactics. Whilst she was in a daze on the harbour, she noticed a train of slaves being escorted off another pirate ship, which prompted her to try her luck and join their crew instead. She wasn't particularly inclined to join any particular pirate crew, just one that had ties with the slave market, which didn't seem too difficult to locate at the minute.

As she strolled over, she noticed that the pirate ship itself wasn't in the same pristine condition like the one she recently boarded. It was more what she expected from a pirate ship, aka relatively worn-down and old. Whilst she was comparing the two ships, she suddenly noticed a little boy climbing up the railing of the ship, wobbling a bit as he went. On instinct, she shouted out "Be careful!" as she rushed forward to catch his falling figure, but somehow, he never fell. To her surprise, a man suddenly appeared behind the railing, from where she had no idea, and caught the reckless little fellow by the legs. He blinked at her in confusion for a bit, similar to the little boy looking at her curiously, before he nodded in gratitude for her concern. The boy smiled at her and giggled, before hopping away excitedly.

Scratching her head awkwardly, she slowly boarded the ship and was escorted to the captain's quarters once again. This time, she wasn't looked at so disdainfully by any of the passing pirates, just glancing at her with a simple curiosity. She did notice, however, that a large majority of them were bandaged up and injured, bringing Ari to think that they had perhaps recently come back from a rather trying journey. The captain herself was an intimidating woman by the name of Rae, with fiery red hair and dazzling gold eyes, and had one of her legs unfortunately bandaged up.

"Aha, so yer want 'ta join da famed Red Serpents did'ja? How bold of ya! Well, come 'ere then!"

After enthusiastically welcoming her, she abruptly dragged her towards the centre of the deck for her test. Rather than a 'test' per say, it was really just a simple duel. A pirate was kind enough to let her borrow a simple cutlass before the fight started, whilst the captain wielded a worn great axe. Rae was strong, but after some time sparring, Ari deemed they were of a similar level in strength. The clash of weaponry lasted a long while, as Ari did not hesitate to show her skill with the sword. However, she kept her other skills hidden, in particular, her magic frostfire ability. Despite her injury, Rae managed to gain the upper hand by the end and smoothly defeat Ari by knocking her blade out of her hand.

"Haha, kid! I didn't know yer had it in ya! Able to spar with meh for so long, blimey maybe with some time you'd be able tah knock me out of ma captain's post!" She guffawed after the rambunctious cheering from the surrounding pirates subsided.

Ruffling Ari's hair roughly she smiled, "Welcome to da Red Serpent Pirates, even though it looks like you've 'ad a rough past, now that your 'ere, we're all your brothers!" She cheered alongside everyone else, as Ari was suddenly enveloped in a giant group hug. Worried about hurting the injured, she took the hug stiffly, feeling a little warm inside even though she knew she was just an undercover spy, and that these guys were just illegal pirates...

Last edited:

Vanus

QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (45)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti Ari Fiel
Level: 9 (8835/9000) 1
Quest: The Captain's Test
Evaluation:
  • Failed to join a crimson flagged priate crew
  • Joined the Red Serpent Pirate Crew
Well, since plan A failed and led to the people she didn't want finding out about her, finding out about her, she might as well go all in and just investigate brazenly. With that in mind, she scanned the harbour for a certain crimson-coloured flag and its clawed skull symbol. Even though 3 months had passed, by some stroke of luck, she found the ship she was looking for at one of the edge-most docking points. Interestingly enough, the ship seemed to be in perfect condition, perhaps since she had caught them recently doing maintenance repairs and upgrades or something along those lines.

Relatively confidently, she strolled over towards the ship and boarded it, before being confronted by one of the pirates scrutinizing her harshly. Although reluctant to show such a beggar-like person to the captain, he still knocked on the door to the captain's quarters and allowed her access. Almost immediately, she was abruptly booted out of the room by the person inside. Looking at the utter disgust on his face, and the noble temperament surrounding the man, Ari was immediately aggravated by what just occurred but knew she had no chance of impressing the snobby fellow. Afterall, she was like that once, she knew very well how arrogant those folk could be. If she caused a scene, she had a feeling he'd be even less inclined to test her.

Whilst slightly fuming and marching off the ship, she noticed a pair of dark blue eyes staring her down from a distance. A pale man carrying a crate looked at her in confusion, seemingly bewildered by her appearance. After some thought, wondering why someone would pay such notice to a pirate wannabe like herself, she realized he must be Tyon! The guy that had captured her as a slave for this pirate crew in the first place! He was one of the few people that had seen her afterall, and she already knew the appearance of the others that did. Flashing him an innocent smile, he jumped a little before turning back to his duties and scurrying away.

Well, since plan B also failed, Ari was a little at a loss of what to do. She wanted to infiltrate that pirate crew(that she had confirmed had ties with slavery) and investigate the slave market more, but since that wasn't possible, perhaps she could just join a random pirate crew and gain information on their usual activities. Maybe she'd figure out some hidden habits/tricks that they used to capture slaves and the like, if they did partake in slavery, which she could pass on to the guild and help warn the others about their tactics. Whilst she was in a daze on the harbour, she noticed a train of slaves being escorted off another pirate ship, which prompted her to try her luck and join their crew instead. She wasn't particularly inclined to join any particular pirate crew, just one that had ties with the slave market, which didn't seem too difficult to locate at the minute.

As she strolled over, she noticed that the pirate ship itself wasn't in the same pristine condition like the one she recently boarded. It was more what she expected from a pirate ship, aka relatively worn-down and old. Whilst she was comparing the two ships, she suddenly noticed a little boy climbing up the railing of the ship, wobbling a bit as he went. On instinct, she shouted out "Be careful!" as she rushed forward to catch his falling figure, but somehow, he never fell. To her surprise, a man suddenly appeared behind the railing, from where she had no idea, and caught the reckless little fellow by the legs. He blinked at her in confusion for a bit, similar to the little boy looking at her curiously, before he nodded in gratitude for her concern. The boy smiled at her and giggled, before hopping away excitedly.

Scratching her head awkwardly, she slowly boarded the ship and was escorted to the captain's quarters once again. This time, she wasn't looked at so disdainfully by any of the passing pirates, just glancing at her with a simple curiosity. She did notice, however, that a large majority of them were bandaged up and injured, bringing Ari to think that they had perhaps recently come back from a rather trying journey. The captain herself was an intimidating woman by the name of Rae, with fiery red hair and dazzling gold eyes, and had one of her legs unfortunately bandaged up.

"Aha, so yer want 'ta join da famed Red Serpents did'ja? How bold of ya! Well, come 'ere then!"

After enthusiastically welcoming her, she abruptly dragged her towards the centre of the deck for her test. Rather than a 'test' per say, it was really just a simple duel. A pirate was kind enough to let her borrow a simple cutlass before the fight started, whilst the captain wielded a worn great axe. Rae was strong, but after some time sparring, Ari deemed they were of a similar level in strength. The clash of weaponry lasted a long while, as Ari did not hesitate to show her skill with the sword. However, she kept her other skills hidden, in particular, her magic frostfire ability. Despite her injury, Rae managed to gain the upper hand by the end and smoothly defeat Ari by knocking her blade out of her hand.

"Haha, kid! I didn't know yer had it in ya! Able to spar with meh for so long, blimey maybe with some time you'd be able tah knock me out of ma captain's post!" She guffawed after the rambunctious cheering from the surrounding pirates subsided.

Ruffling Ari's hair roughly she smiled, "Welcome to da Red Serpent Pirates, even though it looks like you've 'ad a rough past, now that your 'ere, we're all your brothers!" She cheered alongside everyone else, as Ari was suddenly enveloped in a giant group hug. Worried about hurting the injured, she took the hug stiffly, feeling a little warm inside even though she knew she was just an undercover spy, and that these guys were just illegal pirates...
Piracy is punishable by internment in a penitent engine where I'm from I hear it's the worst possible punishment you can have but you seem to have joined a group of the usual kind anyway enough of my sleep deprived rambling task completed. - AIEO

REWARDS:
Money: 15G
Other: PIrate tattoo

Euka

Quest - Evaluated @Reciful
A certain Chaotic request
Sponsor: Reciful "the Innocent Malice"Location: Scribel CityLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Please Create, Buy, Get. Reciful One "Large meat Cleaver butcher Knife"
  • Please Create, Buy, Get. Reciful One "Wood Cutting Axe"
  • (Optional) Give Reciful both Items.
  • (Optional) the item must has room for future improvement, upgrade or power up
Reciful is thinking of changing combat Style. In order to hide Reciful true identity, from both humanity & as well to the Gods.

Due to a incident, last time. Reciful got attacked, By the very people she helped.. Its all because Reciful is different from them... Reciful almost die~

So, Reciful Realized, She can no longer be carefree, Reciful need to be Hideous.
Reciful will live with humanity
Reciful will fight like humanity
Reciful will hide upon Humanity.

Cause if discovered & Reciful die. Reciful can no longer have Revenge upon the gods......

So..... Will you help Reciful?

Rewards

Experience
: 90 exp
Gold: (25), (25), (100), (150)

Other's (additional reward):
Spoiler: Additional reward
images (9).jpeg
"Sign of the abyssal Princess"

Description:
"A Ominous symbol personally created by Reciful that contains her gratitude"

Effect:
(One time use only)
Allows to call & summon "Reciful the Innocent malice" anywhere, anytime, to your aid for anything.... Just once~
Story in RP

Reival make tools.... Wait person tavern... Give person tools...

Evaluation Report

OOC: You may choose to either interact on the trade as a RP or simply just complete the task with no RP. Your choice.....

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Character: Reciful

Quest name: Goblin Subjugation

Found some, goblin scouting a caravan.

I entered the shadow of a nearby tree to observe it unnoticed, after watching the Goblin sneak behind the caravan & steal some Swords & runs inside the forest... I followed it see if the goblin have other companies.

Traveling within the shadow of the tree's following until a cave is became visible in the distance.

I used some of My tendrils to capture the goblin scout carrying the swords, making sure to cover its mouth I drag it inside the trees shadow.... And twist its neck slowly. Collecting its ear I devoured the rest.

Entering Inside the Cave through the shadow 15 Goblin is inside. 1 is a goblin mage, 4 is Goblin archer & 10 is Normal Goblins including the one I killed.

I waited.... When they became agitated.. due to the missing member who will never came back.... The Goblin mage who is the leader, ordered one of the mob Goblins to go find the missing member.
It goes to the forest I followed in the shadow... When it's busy looking at pointless things, I reemerged kicking it in the face, when it falls down I stamps on its face crushing its nose. While down My tendrils grabs it from the ground & get swallowed by the darkness.... Killing it, devoured.

After that the Goblin mage gets more irritated as one by one each of its minion who went out goes missing & never came back.

As small as his brain. when night finally fell only the Goblin mage & 4 goblin archer is remaining in their cave.

Using some pebbles as a bullets, I reshaped My tendrils & produce suction cup to vacuum the small stones & blow it in high-speed towards the archer waiting at the cave entrance puncturing is body with holes.. sprouting bloods.

Now, only the leader the mage Goblin left. I entered the shadow without it noticing I'm already surrounding him who is alone.

Using [Chaos Whisperer] I make all his Anxiousness, fear, paranoia, & Irritation worsts slowly making the goblin fall to madness... After all it use magic I might get hurt if I fight the goblin up front....

1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hours of continues whispering in its subconsciousness, the Mage Goblin went totally insane & thus A produce hallucinations of enemies the goblin use it strongest spell setting the whole cave a flame burning himself to a charcoal.

After it die I waited until the magical fire vanish & collected its Ears... Nothing variable inside, no captured victims too.... This might be just a new nest.

After a whole day past.. I followed the caravan to return back the swords.

Reemerging in the shadow in human form. Approach the yelling fat human, when he saw me Carrying the stolen swords, he immediately run towards me.

"Reciful, return, swords, Goblin, Stea---"

*Smack*

" You thief!! How dare you show yourself--!"
" Boss!! Calm down its just a little girl "
" Huuuuh!!!?? Its the thief!! beat it up or else all of you!! say goodbye to your jobs!!"
" Eh...a-ah b-but.......yes sir--....sorry kid nothing personal"

They Beat up Reciful with kick & punch... When the fat man became satisfied with Reciful Beaten up Look, they go on their way taking the stolen swords.....

"...it does, not, hurts..at all....It doesn't hurt.... physically "

Reciful just went towards the guild to make report.... The end.

Goblin killed 15
Goblin ears Collected × 14 the last ear broke apart... Its a charcoal already.

Signed:
"I'm sorry you went through that, miss Reciful... Some people are just too suspicious of everyone.

"Don't give up though, times may seem trying, but have faith, and The Goddess will guide you towards a better future.

"May the gods lead you towards wonderful people that can understand you for who you are."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 14G

OOC: Remember to tag the report as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Character: Reciful the Innocent malice

Quest name: Delivering medicine.
" It urgent.... You must deliver this to the Village of Asteria quickly ok.... Don't get lost!!"

After Reciful Receive the package, I immediately went towards the location...

A distress signal is sent, saying there is a disease spreading in the Village of Asteria.

Strapping a large backpack full of medical supplies against disease. I walk out of the guild. Walking with bare foot towards the Village,

The main road is crowded, I decided to take a short cut in the back alley. .

unlike before, I'm much comfortable in manipulating human structure enough that I can run now. I avoided some box, barrels & empty bottle, scattered around in the city back alley. While running in a jogging like manner..... Cause I'm still not that good at using human body to Sprint.

The sun is high up the sky, there is no point in entering the shadow to travel through Asteria. Since the road leading towards that place have very few trees & building that can cast shadow for me to travel. I have no choice but to go on foot for now & wait until nightfalls.

taking a turn to a corner, I bumped in two male's at the back alley.... The look like some thugs.

" Hey!... Look where you going!! "
" Oh.. look Alex, its a brat... A pretty one! *Whistles~* "
" Oh brat... That bag you carry... Seems heavy I'll carry it for you, so Give it to me, alright "

I shake My head sideways indicating "No"

"Oi-oi brat can't you understand simple words I said give me that bag! & Follow us! "
" Ehehe~ brat if you don't want to get hurt just do as we says ok? Don't worry we will have a fun time " said by the two thugs

since Reciful have no time to play Pretend, & have no time to wastes acting.... I Whispered directly into their minds with holding back... After all there is no other people as witness.

" S̴i̷l̷e̷n̵t̴s̵ ̸&̷ ̸l̸e̴t̵ ̴m̷e̴ ̸t̷h̸r̸o̸u̸g̶h̷,̴̶ ̶S̷i̸l̸e̸n̴t̵s̶ &̶ ̴̴s̵t̷a̶n̷d̶ m̷o̷t̶i̷o̸n̶l̷e̴s̸s̴l̵y̴, S̶i̶l̷e̵n̸t̶s̴ &̶ ̶N̷e̶v̶e̵r̷ ̷s̸t̵o̸p̴ ̵s̸m̶i̶l̵i̶n̵g̷,̵ ̸̵S̷i̷l̷e̶n̵t̸s̸ ̷&̷ ̴h̴a̷v̴e̷ ̵N̵i̷g̵h̸t̴m̴a̷r̷e̵s̵ ̵f̷r̶o̸m̷ ̷n̷o̸w̵ ̶o̷n̷.̵ S̸i̶l̶e̸n̷t̶s̵ ̴&̵ ̴f̸o̴r̵g̸e̷t̴ ̶m̴e̶ "

Reciful said directly to their brain, repeatedly saying the word over & over. Till They stood motionless, & let me through... With a smile on their faces that will never fade, blocking their memories of me.

I keep running until I eventually reach the city gates, passing some city guards, showing the guild card, as well the request paper. They let me through.

I keep running until I reach the farm fields all along with bare foot. I keep running in a jogging like manner without break. Until finally the sun is about to set....

Nightfalls, I entered the darkness of night, in there I resume traveling towards the Asteria Village. In a much greater speed.

after I rush traveling inside the shadow, I eventually reach the village of asteria at midnight,

Reciful did notice a large crater.... It felt nostalgic somehow... But Reciful ignore it.

knocking to a random house, to Announce arrival of the Supplies medicine.

*Knock**knock*

".... Yes~ who is it? " A lady in her 30 open the door.

"... Eh?... Um little girl what is it? What do you need?.. are you lost?" The Aunty speak tenderly & gently towards Reciful... Reciful felt warm inside.

" Reciful, give Supplies, from, Guild, Medicine Delivered "

"..Eh?.. guild.. supplies, Delivered?...... Ah!? The Medicine!! For the Disease!!... Your from the Scrible then!.. wow thats fast!"

She immediately grab & drag Reciful to a big house were the leader of this village lives... The mayor.

" Thank you! For Delivering the medicine this fast!!... We are actually worried, that the medical supply might take 3 or 4 days to be delivered. Cause this Disease is Spreading to fast!... Thank you!! with this we can prevent it from spreading to nearby villages & stopping it from becaming a epidemic! "

" disease, where came, from? " Reciful just ask without any meaning.

" We actually not sure.... A few days ago the Village is covered by a black fog, but it immediately vanish after haft a hour.... Then 5 days later... People suddenly fell ill we don't know if that the reason.... You have Idea at all" the mayor said with gloominess

Reciful stay there for one more day & travelled on foot back to Scrible with nothing much happening

Done

Reciful Delivered Medical supplies in Asteria Village.

Signed: Reciful
"A crater appeared near Asteria? And a Black Fog that causes sickness as well?

"Those are very worrisome news... Though I'm glad you were able to reach the village so fast and stop the sickness from spreading, that is much appreciated. I pray this is the last disaster Asteria finds.

"May the gods grant you the speed to help those in need."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G
Others: A Small "Thank You" Gift.

OOC: Remember to tag the report as appraised.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

It was the night after she'd been gifted Jasper's wine bottles, and Liana had almost completed fixing her dress. Waking up after the sun had set, Liana prepared the meals for Hejlikka and Julrik before cleaning the kitchen and heading to the guild quest board. She knew that she would need to get more training from the guards but felt that it wouldn't be suitable after the abysmal performance and results she showed during that City Guard Training quest. She sighed to herself as she thought her amicable relationship with the guards was severely deteriorated during that week - despite the great efforts they had gone to in order for her to have a chance at passing.

Reaching the quest board, she skimmed through the available quests until her eyes fell upon one posted by Harrison himself:
Clean our image!
Sponsor: Night Watch Guard Captain, HarrisonLocation: City Guard Barracks, Scribel CityRequired Level: 1-2
Objectives
  • Clean at least 10 City Guards' armour in a day.
  • (optional) Clean the sleeping quarters in the barracks.
  • (optional) Wash the bedding.
  • (optional) Clean the weapons.
  • (optional) Sharpen the dull weapons.
For the past few weeks I've noticed a severe lack of care over hygiene and cleanliness in the city guard barracks. I will not stand for such lack of discipline!
Their armour is especially filthy, so clean it! Clean it all!
Rewards
Exp: 10(20)(30)(40)(50)Money:10G(20G)(30G)(40G)(50G)Miscellaneous: Improved relationship with Harrison and city guards.
Seeing what the quest entailed, she smiled brightly since she was accustomed to cleaning and washing things from when she was training in her temple back when--

"Ngh!" A sharp pain shot through her mind as she started to reminisce about her past. Holding onto her throbbing head, she took one of the quest sheets off the board and went to the receptionist desk to get a signed note to prove she was taking it. She then headed in the direction of the city guard barracks to try and find Harrison. The other reason why she wanted to do this quest was because of the miscellaneous reward of improving her relationship with the guards.

***​

"Here for the Night Watch again, Liana?" Harrison asked with his arms crossed. "I still don't think it's suitable to do it when you have no weapon or adequate training..."

"I know, Mr Bridger." She smiled gently before continuing, "I actually came to help you with this quest." She handed over the slip with the signed note with a bright smile on her face.

Taking the papers, the guard captain looked at them and raised his brows in surprise, "The Clean our image quest. Heh. I'd almost begun to lose hope on anyone actually taking that." He smiled wryly as he gave the papers back. "All right! Come with me and I'll take you to the armoury!"

Approaching the room, a distinct smell of mud, sweat and old, dried blood permeated the air. Motioning for the young woman to enter, Harrison pointed to where the cleaning supplies were before giving instructions over how the armours needed to be cleaned. After finishing, he said to talk to the guard supervising her if she managed to clean at least ten sets and wanted to help with the optional stuff. He then left and sent someone to keep watch over her while she was there.

Looking at the many sets of dirty armour, Liana took off the detachable sleeves of her dress, picked up the cleaning equipment and began scrubbing at her first set of armour. The guard sent to keep an eye on her gave some pointers to ensure she didn't damage anything if he saw her about to unknowingly cause any to which she smiled gently and thanked him for.

After five hours of non-stop, vigorously thorough cleaning, Liana finally managed to complete the last set of armour in the room - giving her a total of twenty sparkling clean armour sets. The guard supervising her smiled in relief as he thought about how he'd no longer be hearing the guard captain complaining and reprimanding people for being undisciplined with regards to maintaining equipment.

"You've worked hard, Miss. You can go back and report to the guild now."

Liana shook her head as she put her detachable sleeves back on, "No. There's still a lot of other things to do! Could you take me to where you put dirty bedding?"

"Ah..." The guard shifted his gaze to the side in embarrassment, "...we kind of...have them still on the beds..." He blushed a little at admitting that to the enthusiastic young woman.

Liana expressed surprise before showing a burning enthusiasm, "Take me to them, then! Don't you know how unhygienic it is to never clean your bedding? You could get ill, or attract bed bugs!"

The guard shuddered at that thought - thinking how there were indeed bed bugs in some of the guards' beds, with a few of his colleagues sometimes falling ill on occasion. "Okay! Follow me!" He led Liana to the sleeping quarters of the city guards with gusto. However, upon reaching the first door his steps slowed before peeking hesitantly at his charge. "Um...please excuse the smell..." He tentatively opened the door, revealing a chaotically messy room with twelve beds inside, "...also the mess..."

Liana's eyes opened wide at the sight and smell before regaining her senses and rushing to open the closed windows to air out the room. Not saying anything to the embarrassed guard, she immediately started stripping the bedding from the beds and put them into a neat pile.

"Where do you store the clean bedding?" She asked the guard who was trying to lower his presence out of shame.

"Ah? Um..." He thought for a full minute before finally giving an answer, "...I think we keep them in this cupboard?" He went over and opened it, revealing a dusty pile of folded bedding.

"...Take them out and open them up so they can air." She ordered as she picked up the pungent pile of bedding, "Where can I wash these?"

"Um, I'll take you there." The guard led the way in a rush, a little afraid of how authoritative the young woman had become once she'd entered cleaning mode.

Arriving at the empty laundry room, Liana walked past the guard and set about initially soaking the bedding in some warm water before returning back to the sleeping quarters. As soon as she entered, she got a duster cloth and wiped down all of the surfaces, before picking up a broom in the corner - that had also been dusted - and began sweeping the floor, quickly gathering a pile of muck, dust and dead bugs. After ensuring the floor was swept, she got a dust pan and brushed the pile of filth into it, before going to the window and emptying it out.

Returning to the laundry room, she took out and wrung out the dirty liquid from the bedding, before emptying the large tub and refilling it with warm water and some soap. She then put the bedding back in and began to scrub at it with a clean scrubbing brush. After an hour of scrubbing, the bedding, she emptied out the mucky and soapy water and refilled it with warm water to rinse the bedding. As she waited for them to soak, she once again returned to the room and used a mop and bucket to wash the floor.

By the time midnight had arrived, Liana heard the bell ring for guards to change shifts which meant some of the guards were returning to the sleeping quarters. With that in mind, she finished making the last bed in the third room she'd been cleaning and headed for the laundry room to take out the soaking bedding from the first batch. The second and third batches were in other stages of being washed, so she left them be for now. Wringing out as much of the liquid as possible from the first room's bedding, she found a drying/airing rack and placed it all on it. Liana then turned her attention back on the second batch on bedding and began scrubbing out the muck and stains that had accumulated for goodness knows how long.

Once dawn arrived, Liana had finally managed to finish washing and wringing out all of the bedding from the first three rooms to which the guard who had been supervising her heard the bells signifying the time and smiled. "Miss, I think you've worked hard enough for now. I'll be sure to inform the guard captain of your efforts."

Liana smiled brightly before bowing at the guard and thanking him for his own hard work of keeping constant watch over her. She then left for the guild to report on what she did, while carrying a signed note that the guard gave her.
Reaching the receptionist desk, her enthusiastic energy has slightly dimmed as she could feel the sun rising with every minute. Writing up her report, she handed it in and wondered if her efforts had garnered any goodwill from Harrison, or not.

X

Last edited:

Reciful

Quest - Evaluation Needed @Reciful
A certain Chaotic request
Sponsor: Reciful "the Innocent Malice"Location: Scribel CityLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Please Create, Buy, Get. Reciful One "Large meat Cleaver butcher Knife"
  • Please Create, Buy, Get. Reciful One "Wood Cutting Axe"
  • (Optional) Give Reciful both Items.
  • (Optional) the item must has room for future improvement, upgrade or power up
Reciful is thinking of changing combat Style. In order to hide Reciful true identity, from both humanity & as well to the Gods.

Due to a incident, last time. Reciful got attacked, By the very people she helped.. Its all because Reciful is different from them... Reciful almost die~

So, Reciful Realized, She can no longer be carefree, Reciful need to be Hideous.
Reciful will live with humanity
Reciful will fight like humanity
Reciful will hide upon Humanity.

Cause if discovered & Reciful die. Reciful can no longer have Revenge upon the gods......

So..... Will you help Reciful?

Rewards

Experience
: 90 exp
Gold: (25), (25), (100), (150)

Other's (additional reward):
Spoiler: Additional reward
images (9).jpeg
"Sign of the abyssal Princess"

Description:
"A Ominous symbol personally created by Reciful that contains her gratitude"

Effect:
(One time use only)
Allows to call & summon "Reciful the Innocent malice" anywhere, anytime, to your aid for anything.... Just once~
Story in RP

Reival make tools.... Wait person tavern... Give person tools...

OOC: You may choose to either interact on the trade as a RP or simply just complete the task with no RP. Your choice.....

Ţ̴͂h̵̦̀a̴̼͆n̴̢͋ḱ̸̺ ̷̯́y̷͖͝o̴̍͜u̶̞͋ ̶̡̋v̶͇̈e̸̜͂r̶̤̆y̷̼͘ ̴̧̏m̷̤̽u̶̯͑c̷̒͜h̷͓̀~̵͚̓ ̵̨̏
̸̳̊
̶͈̃R̵̹̂e̷͇̊c̶̪̿i̸̫̐f̶̘̑ṳ̶̄l̵̝̋ ̴̡̄t̴͗ͅh̵͔̚e̵͍͐ ̸̃ͅĮ̶̐n̵̳͌n̷̘̐ȏ̷̘c̸̝̆ȩ̴̋ń̵̢t̵̺̃ ̴̢͝m̷̠̿ä̶̺́l̵̟̽i̶̐ͅc̶͇͊e̴͓̾,̵̯̕ ̵̂͜ǵ̴̤ḭ̸̈v̵̯̄ȅ̵̠ ̴̖͘h̵̡̒ë̶̤́r̴͉̊ ̵̱͆h̴͕̐ḛ̸͌a̴͖͋r̵͔͠t̴̒͜ ̸̩͗f̸͙̍e̴͎̓l̴̨̐t̶̞͌ ̴̣͂g̶͔̃ŗ̴̔a̶̮̓t̶̝̏i̶̥͝ṯ̷̚u̸͚͘d̴͍̄e̵͔̓

Rewards:
Exp: 90
Gold: 100
Other: Sign of the abyssal Princess

AliceShiki

Hunting Mission
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
As I looked through the quest board to see what tasks I could take, I realized one thing... A lot of tasks really require you to clear the Forest Ranger mission.

That in itself wasn't a problem though... The problem were the requirements for the Forest Ranger task. It required me to hunt an animal... That wouldn't do, it goes against The Goddess' teachings to kill an innocent animal.

So I decided I would refrain from doing the forest related quests at first... But the more time passed, the more I realized there was one that I really needed to do... It was troublesome.

Resigning myself to it, I decided to pick the hunting quest and find a way to obtain an animal without actually hunting it. It should be fine for as long as I obtain its meat.

However, there was another issue at hand... There was no way I'd be able to carry a dead animal all the way to the city, I'll need... A cart, I suppose? No, that won't do, I wouldn't be able to avoid the other wild animals while carrying a cart with a dead prey in it... Not to mention I might not even be able to bring it back to the city in time.

In that case, I suppose a helper will be necessary. I considered putting a quest up for it, but I doubt there would be many adventurers willing to seek out a dead animal in the middle of the woods instead of simply hunting one... So instead, I decided to search for a hunter.

I did not know of any guild of hunters or anything of the sort, however, so I had to just walk around and ask if there was any experienced hunter in the city that was well-known for their patience. I ended up being pointed to a few, but none of them were willing to take my request, it was a pity, but I understood their point of view, it was dangerous and not very profitable for sure.

It was near the end of the day when I got directed to a person that had a bit more unique circumstances. A retired hunter named Garrett. It seems like he was skilled, but ended up losing a leg during a job and now had to stay home every day taking care of the house while his wife worked all day to earn the family a living, an old friend of his that heard of me searching the whole day for a hunter to aid me in my quest pointed me towards Garrett. I decided it was worth the shot.

As I arrived at his house and knocked on the door, I heard a man shout angrily, "What is it!?"

To which, I calmly replied, "An adventurer in need of assistance, could this be the house of mister Garrett?"

A moment of silence passed before a reply came, "Bah, give it up, kid. I can't help any adventurer anymore."

I expected this reply though, so I answered him without worries, "I heard of your circumstances, mister Garrett. Yet I do not believe you are unable to help me... Rather, you might just be the one I need."

Another moment of silence passed by before I started hearing some clanking noises. Slowly, the noises got louder and approached the door, until it was opened from inside and I could see a man still at his prime, but with a wooden left leg instead of a normal one. Mister Garrett then said, "Alright, you got my attention, what do you need?"

I replied confidently, "A hunt. Though a very... Unusual kind of hunt." He seemed interested and gestured me to go on, "What I want is not to kill an animal, but to obtain the body of a freshly killed one."

At that point he seemed disgusted, "What are you, a necromancer!? I don't deal with this kind of shady people!"

He then tried to forcefully close the door at once, but I put my hand in the way to stop it. The impact hurt my hand, but I ignored it for now, I had to clarify this misunderstanding. I quickly explained, "No, mister Garrett, nothing of the sort. I'm a priestess of The Goddess, a deity from another world.

"My wish is to clear a quest that requires hunting a medium to large animal, yet The Goddess' teachings forbid me from killing or to condone such acts. So I want help in finding the body of a recently deceased animal to bring to the city in order to clear said requirements without actually ending one's life before its due time."

Mister Garrett was visibly confused, "Why would you want to do this kind of quest? Isn't there any better paying job out there that you can do?"

His question was understandable, but I shook my head before explaining, "I am not after money, mister Garrett. I am worried about an issue that might be plaguing our forests, but in order to receive clearance to investigate it, I must have first proven that I can manage myself in the forest by hunting a medium to large game first. Hence my current predicament."

He seemed to be mostly convinced, however, after a small while thinking, he asked yet another question, "I can see your point, but... Would the guild really give you the clearance if didn't actually hunt for anything?"

To that I gave a smile, "The guild only desires to see my capability of handling threats in the woods and return safely with their requirements. They do not require the killing blow to have been done by me, for as long as I can safely obtain the food without stealing it from another adventurer or hunter."

He nodded to my answer, but still asked one more thing, "Alright... But why me? There must certainly be plenty of better fit hunters for this task."

That took away my smile, it was something I would rather not answer, but The Goddess does not approve of deceit, so I gave him the honest reply. "I confess that you were not my first option, mister Garrett, however... The other alternatives were not interested in getting involved in a task that would put their lives in danger for a pay that would probably be smaller than what they'd get by hunting on their own, and that would most likely take longer than a normal hunt as well.

"... Suffice to say, I needed someone that was longing for a chance to go out in a hunt again, just like I am longing for a partner that is willing to comply to my unusual circumstances."

It seems like my answer disheartened him, he took a step back, let go of the door, and looked down depressingly, "So essentially, you need an old foggy that is so desperate for the thrill of the hunt again, that would be willing to go on any crazy endeavor if the chance presents itself?"

I took a deep breath before answering, "That's an extremely pessimistic way of looking at it, mister Garrett."

He replied without hiding his discontent, "But is it wrong?"

I answered honestly, "Not entirely." He sighed, but I continued before he said anything else, "However, I can tell you one thing, mister Garrett. I cannot do this alone. I need someone that is knowledgeable of the woods and that is also strong enough to carry a cart with a dead animal in it in a timely manner in order to bring the food back to the city before it spoils.

"I believe that even with your impaired leg, you fit those circumstances, mister Garrett... Do you?"

He turned around and walked a bit further into the house. Each of his steps made a large clanking noise as his wooden leg hit the ground... Once mister Garrett had moved enough, he looked up in deep thought. I silently followed him inside, taking that as an invitation to enter and continue the discussion there. He sighed and then replied, "How could I...? Look at this leg, how can I run from other wild animals when I'm like this? Especially when I'd need to protect you as well, there is no way..."

Oh, that answer... It seems like I wasn't clear enough, I should clarify this issue too then. "Mister Garrett, I think you have misunderstood. While I am incapable of killing, I am perfectly capable of protecting. I am not requesting that you escort me to and fro the forest with a dead animal luring hungry beasts our way... My request is for you to find and carry said animal, I can take care of the rest."

He turned back towards me, with wide eyes filled with disbelief... And after quickly looking me up and down, he said, "I have never heard of priests that were capable of surviving in the woods on their own."

Of course he said that... The memories of the old times returned, and I couldn't help looking downwards at his comment. I was unable to forget what happened, but I certainly preferred to not think about it too much... Nonetheless, I had to answer him, so I forced myself to squeeze out some words, "I went through very... Troubling experiences in my home world, mister Garrett. I had to spend quite a few months in the woods, running and hiding from beings much more dangerous than wolves..."

I looked up, straight into his eyes and said confidently, "I believe I am more than capable of protecting us both from the threats in the nearby forests. Trust me, mister Garrett, just like how I am trusting your expertise in hunting. The Goddess will guide our path, and we'll both undoubtedly reach the city safely, I promise you."

He seemed a bit surprised at first, but seemed to believe in my words, "You sure about that? I have a wife and children to sustain here, I can't die out there." While his words were gloomy, his face had a smile in it.

I smiled back at him, "The Goddess has great plans for us all, Mister Garrett. It is not my time to part just yet, nor is it yours. I'm sure neither of us have fulfilled our parts in her plan yet."

He cackled for a moment before replying, "Sounds like a plan, then. I'm going to need you to prepare some things for me though, and I'll need you to help me convince my wife, otherwise no goddess will get me out of this house." I nodded at his words and listened to what he had to say.

Mister Garrett requested me to obtain some rations, to prepare a cart and a donkey to pull it, and to then come back later in the night when his wife would be back, so as to discuss our agreement. After spending 70G in advance payment for a week's rent of the cart, the donkey and the rations, I came back to his house and knocked on the door, that was answered by his confused wife that wondered why someone would be visiting this late at night.

Mister Garrett then intervened and invited me inside, and once I was properly accommodated, I explained my circumstances to his wife and why I needed his help. At first she was expectedly against it, but after we talked for a while and she realized that I really needed his help... And that he also wanted to participate, that he wanted to once more go out and feel 'useful', she gave us her blessing and told him she'd take care of the house and the children while he was out.

We also agreed on a wage of 10G per day I stayed out in the woods with him, and once that was done. We called the day off and I went back to the tavern to rest and prepare for the next day.
In the morning of the following day, we met up early and headed to the stable where we got the donkey and the cart, and then headed North towards the forest. Mister Garrett knew how to guide the donkey appropriately, so we had no trouble on that regard.

Once at the border of the forest, we tied the donkey with a rope that mister Garrett brought to a tree, and then I put some talismans surrounding it to make sure it would ward off any potential threats since we'd be away from it for quite some time. We also had some food for the donkey with us, but mister Garrett said we should feed it with it only in the night, as it would be able to eat by himself with the grass around his tree. I trusted his advice, and then we went inside the forest.

Our advance was slow due to mister Garrett's leg and because I was unused to running myself, but that was not an issue as we were not in a hurry. I trusted his expertise to guide us through, and I instead focused on praying while we walked. I prayed constantly to The Goddess, to keep us safe from harm, to protect us from those that would bring us harm, and to help mister Garrett find the animal we needed.

We kept this for a few dozen minutes, until he found a tree that seemed to be well positioned enough to give a good view of the surrounding region. I could not understand what was the difference between that tree and the rest, but once again, I trusted his knowledge on the field... However, with his leg like that, he would be unable to climb it and get a good view of the surroundings, so we'd need to improvise.

What followed was using magic in a very... Unusual way, one that I had never done before. I prayed The Goddess for her aid, and she gave me the power to make small barriers that both me and mister Garrett could step on. It took a small while to make each of them, but we were able to slowly climb the tree by making a stairway of barriers. He was certainly a very creative man, I would have never thought of this method on my own.

After that... We set on a well positioned tree branch, and waited. Apparently a good hunter should be prepared to wait for a long time, so that's what we were going to do. I did not need to pray for protection, because the animals would not reach us that high, and he said there would be no danger of snakes getting closer to us here either... I did not know why, but I once again, trusted his expertise on the matter.

So instead, I silently prayed for The Goddess to help me replenish my powers that were spent in protection and in the barrier stairs, meanwhile mister Garret kept an eye on the animals that moved below us.

The next few hours were... Calm. From time to time some live animals moved below us, and mister Garrett certainly felt compelled to hunt them, but I reminded him that this was not our purpose here today, to which he grumbly obliged... Not to mention he did not have any tools with him for actual hunting, so it's not like he'd be able to kill those animals anyways.

More and more time passed, and even though some animals that fit the quest description moved by, nothing actually happened in the surroundings that warranted our attention. In the end, a whole day passed and nothing happened, so we got down from the tree with the barrier stair and went back to the donkey, where we fed him, ate, and set camp for the night and slept.

In the next morning we changed the tree the donkey was tied to in order to let him eat new grass, packed camp up, refilled our water canteens in the nearby river, and went back to the forest. While yesterday wasn't successful, mister Garrett said that the tree of yesterday was still probably the best spot we'd find, so we climbed it again.

The day passed by slowly. At one point a pack of wolves entered a fight against a pack of deers, which we felt might be our chance, but in the end most of the deers were able to escape safely, and the two that fell were taken care of by the wolves, so we did not have any opportunity to descend and take the bodies for ourselves.

And so we waited, two, four, six uneventful days. It would be a lie to say mister Garrett wasn't frustrated, but I had faith. I knew The Goddess would guide us, that things would turn out alright, we just needed to pray, and wait until the right opportunity presented itself.

On the seventh day, a bit after midday, we found another fight break out, this time between a bear and the same pack of wolves as last time. The battle went on for a while, but eventually the wolves defeated the bear, but not before losing its alpha in the process. Once they were done with feasting in their opponent's body, they left the premises, and that was our time to act. I thanked The Goddess for the opportunity she gave us, and then helped mister Garrett's and my descent with the stair made of barriers.

He then started cutting some parts of the wolf out instead of carrying it like I expected, apparently to help preserve the meat until we reached the city... I did not quite understand why that was necessary, but it was gross and felt... Wrong, like I should not be there while this was being done... I did my part though, I prayed for protection, that The Goddess would keep us safe while he did what he had to do.

At about the time he was done, a boar came closer, probably because he smelled the fresh blood in the area... He looked at us threateningly and mister Garrett was worried and asked me to do something... But I just told him to calm down and focus on what he was doing, that I would take care of the boar.

He was still afraid, but decided to trust me... Meanwhile, the boar stood still, looking at us carefully, ready to charge... I prayed for The Goddess openly this time, asking for her protection... And then, stepped towards the boar. While staring directly into its eyes, I approached it. It looked a bit scared, but also tried to intimated me, preparing its own charge.

Another step, another prayer, the boar flinched. One more, the boar was confused. I was almost there, the boar was no longer trying to charge us... And then the last one, I got close enough and gently caressed its fur, the boar enjoyed my ruffling for a small while and then left, allowing us to finish our own business.

"Shall we go then?" I asked mister Garrett, to which he eagerly nodded as he seemed to have just finished whatever he was doing to the wolf... Which I tried my best to avoid looking at, I doubt I'd ever grow comfortable with this.

I prayed all the way back to the cart, which was an even longer trip than normal, because mister Garret had a really hard time carrying the big Alpha Wolf on his own, and I was unable to help him in that endeavor. It also hurt his leg to carry such weight while walking, but he assured me he could handle it... Nonetheless, I diverted some of my prayers to give him strength, which seemed to help.

Eventually we reached our donkey again and put the Alpha Wolf's body in the cart and then started driving back to the city.

"So... Did you enjoy this 'hunting' trip, mister Garrett?" I asked him. It was very uncomfortable to be this close to a recently deceased animal, so I had to find something to distract myself with... I prayed that The Goddess would not require me to do this kind of thing again.

Regardless, mister Garrett thought about it for a while before answering, "Yes. It didn't have the usual trill as before, but being able to process a game again, and coming out alive from a face to face encounter with a boar? Those are the things that are worth living for."

He was clearly smiling while saying that, I was happy that I could bring him some enjoyment from this, even if it was not something I wished to deal with ever again.

Eventually we reached the city and I paid him for his contribution to this endeavor, then he helped me bring the Alpha wolf to the guild, in which I got a certificate that I brought an appropriately sized game for the quest. Afterwards we parted ways, and I gave the Donkey and its cart back to its original owner.

And once all that was done, I delivered my report of this last week's occurrences to the Receptionist's Desk.
  • Took the Hunting Quest because it was a pre-requisite to Forest Ranger.
  • Tried hiring a Hunter to help me with obtaining a game, but without killing one as it's against the Goddess' teachings to kill.
  • After multiple failed attempts in finding a Hunter willing to help, found mister Garrett, a hunter that retired due to an injury, and that after much convincing, was willing to help me.
  • Went to the Northern Forest to "Hunt" together with mister Garrett and a hired donkey that would help us carry the meat back.
  • After seven days, we were able to obtain the corpse of a dead Alpha Wolf after its pack had a fight with a bear.
  • With The Goddess' protection, stopped a boar from trying to attack us in order to take the 'food' away from us.
  • Brought the Wolf's body back to the guild and got a certificate proving that it was big enough to suffice for the quest.
  • Paid mister Garrett and the Donkey's owner for his part in the job and for the renting fee respectively.
  • Delivered Report.
Total Money Spent: 150G

OOC: I don't know a thing about hunting and/or meat preserving, I just did a quick google search about it, but couldn't find anything about historical methods of doing so... At most I found one of modern methods, so uhn... Cut me some slack if I said some nonsense, alrighty~?
And dear God, I wanted this to be a quick sub-1000 words report, not a 3536 words one, geez... >.>

Last edited:

Vanus

As I looked through the quest board to see what tasks I could take, I realized one thing... A lot of tasks really require you to clear the Forest Ranger mission.

That in itself wasn't a problem though... The problem were the requirements for the Forest Ranger task. It required me to hunt an animal... That wouldn't do, it goes against The Goddess' teachings to kill an innocent animal.

So I decided I would refrain from doing the forest related quests at first... But the more time passed, the more I realized there was one that I really needed to do... It was troublesome.

Resigning myself to it, I decided to pick the hunting quest and find a way to obtain an animal without actually hunting it. It should be fine for as long as I obtain its meat.

However, there was another issue at hand... There was no way I'd be able to carry a dead animal all the way to the city, I'll need... A cart, I suppose? No, that won't do, I wouldn't be able to avoid the other wild animals while carrying a cart with a dead prey in it... Not to mention I might not even be able to bring it back to the city in time.

In that case, I suppose a helper will be necessary. I considered putting a quest up for it, but I doubt there would be many adventurers willing to seek out a dead animal in the middle of the woods instead of simply hunting one... So instead, I decided to search for a hunter.

I did not know of any guild of hunters or anything of the sort, however, so I had to just walk around and ask if there was any experienced hunter in the city that was well-known for their patience. I ended up being pointed to a few, but none of them were willing to take my request, it was a pity, but I understood their point of view, it was dangerous and not very profitable for sure.

It was near the end of the day when I got directed to a person that had a bit more unique circumstances. A retired hunter named Garrett. It seems like he was skilled, but ended up losing a leg during a job and now had to stay home every day taking care of the house while his wife worked all day to earn the family a living, an old friend of his that heard of me searching the whole day for a hunter to aid me in my quest pointed me towards Garrett. I decided it was worth the shot.

As I arrived at his house and knocked on the door, I heard a man shout angrily, "What is it!?"

To which, I calmly replied, "An adventurer in need of assistance, could this be the house of mister Garrett?"

A moment of silence passed before a reply came, "Bah, give it up, kid. I can't help any adventurer anymore."

I expected this reply though, so I answered him without worries, "I heard of your circumstances, mister Garrett. Yet I do not believe you are unable to help me... Rather, you might just be the one I need."

Another moment of silence passed by before I started hearing some clanking noises. Slowly, the noises got louder and approached the door, until it was opened from inside and I could see a man still at his prime, but with a wooden left leg instead of a normal one. Mister Garrett then said, "Alright, you got my attention, what do you need?"

I replied confidently, "A hunt. Though a very... Unusual kind of hunt." He seemed interested and gestured me to go on, "What I want is not to kill an animal, but to obtain the body of a freshly killed one."

At that point he seemed disgusted, "What are you, a necromancer!? I don't deal with this kind of shady people!"

He then tried to forcefully close the door at once, but I put my hand in the way to stop it. The impact hurt my hand, but I ignored it for now, I had to clarify this misunderstanding. I quickly explained, "No, mister Garrett, nothing of the sort. I'm a priestess of The Goddess, a deity from another world.

"My wish is to clear a quest that requires hunting a medium to large animal, yet The Goddess' teachings forbid me from killing or to condone such acts. So I want help in finding the body of a recently deceased animal to bring to the city in order to clear said requirements without actually ending one's life before its due time."

Mister Garrett was visibly confused, "Why would you want to do this kind of quest? Isn't there any better paying job out there that you can do?"

His question was understandable, but I shook my head before explaining, "I am not after money, mister Garrett. I am worried about an issue that might be plaguing our forests, but in order to receive clearance to investigate it, I must have first proven that I can manage myself in the forest by hunting a medium to large game first. Hence my current predicament."

He seemed to be mostly convinced, however, after a small while thinking, he asked yet another question, "I can see your point, but... Would the guild really give you the clearance if didn't actually hunt for anything?"

To that I gave a smile, "The guild only desires to see my capability of handling threats in the woods and return safely with their requirements. They do not require the killing blow to have been done by me, for as long as I can safely obtain the food without stealing it from another adventurer or hunter."

He nodded to my answer, but still asked one more thing, "Alright... But why me? There must certainly be plenty of better fit hunters for this task."

That took away my smile, it was something I would rather not answer, but The Goddess does not approve of deceit, so I gave him the honest reply. "I confess that you were not my first option, mister Garrett, however... The other alternatives were not interested in getting involved in a task that would put their lives in danger for a pay that would probably be smaller than what they'd get by hunting on their own, and that would most likely take longer than a normal hunt as well.

"... Suffice to say, I needed someone that was longing for a chance to go out in a hunt again, just like I am longing for a partner that is willing to comply to my unusual circumstances."

It seems like my answer disheartened him, he took a step back, let go of the door, and looked down depressingly, "So essentially, you need an old foggy that is so desperate for the thrill of the hunt again, that would be willing to go on any crazy endeavor if the chance presents itself?"

I took a deep breath before answering, "That's an extremely pessimistic way of looking at it, mister Garrett."

He replied without hiding his discontent, "But is it wrong?"

I answered honestly, "Not entirely." He sighed, but I continued before he said anything else, "However, I can tell you one thing, mister Garrett. I cannot do this alone. I need someone that is knowledgeable of the woods and that is also strong enough to carry a cart with a dead animal in it in a timely manner in order to bring the food back to the city before it spoils.

"I believe that even with your impaired leg, you fit those circumstances, mister Garrett... Do you?"

He turned around and walked a bit further into the house. Each of his steps made a large clanking noise as his wooden leg hit the ground... Once mister Garrett had moved enough, he looked up in deep thought. I silently followed him inside, taking that as an invitation to enter and continue the discussion there. He sighed and then replied, "How could I...? Look at this leg, how can I run from other wild animals when I'm like this? Especially when I'd need to protect you as well, there is no way..."

Oh, that answer... It seems like I wasn't clear enough, I should clarify this issue too then. "Mister Garrett, I think you have misunderstood. While I am incapable of killing, I am perfectly capable of protecting. I am not requesting that you escort me to and fro the forest with a dead animal luring hungry beasts our way... My request is for you to find and carry said animal, I can take care of the rest."

He turned back towards me, with wide eyes filled with disbelief... And after quickly looking me up and down, he said, "I have never heard of priests that were capable of surviving in the woods on their own."

Of course he said that... The memories of the old times returned, and I couldn't help looking downwards at his comment. I was unable to forget what happened, but I certainly preferred to not think about it too much... Nonetheless, I had to answer him, so I forced myself to squeeze out some words, "I went through very... Troubling experiences in my home world, mister Garrett. I had to spend quite a few months in the woods, running and hiding from beings much more dangerous than wolves..."

I looked up, straight into his eyes and said confidently, "I believe I am more than capable of protecting us both from the threats in the nearby forests. Trust me, mister Garrett, just like how I am trusting your expertise in hunting. The Goddess will guide our path, and we'll both undoubtedly reach the city safely, I promise you."

He seemed a bit surprised at first, but seemed to believe in my words, "You sure about that? I have a wife and children to sustain here, I can't die out there." While his words were gloomy, his face had a smile in it.

I smiled back at him, "The Goddess has great plans for us all, Mister Garrett. It is not my time to part just yet, nor is it yours. I'm sure neither of us have fulfilled our parts in her plan yet."

He cackled for a moment before replying, "Sounds like a plan, then. I'm going to need you to prepare some things for me though, and I'll need you to help me convince my wife, otherwise no goddess will get me out of this house." I nodded at his words and listened to what he had to say.

Mister Garrett requested me to obtain some rations, to prepare a cart and a donkey to pull it, and to then come back later in the night when his wife would be back, so as to discuss our agreement. After spending 70G in advance payment for a week's rent of the cart, the donkey and the rations, I came back to his house and knocked on the door, that was answered by his confused wife that wondered why someone would be visiting this late at night.

Mister Garrett then intervened and invited me inside, and once I was properly accommodated, I explained my circumstances to his wife and why I needed his help. At first she was expectedly against it, but after we talked for a while and she realized that I really needed his help... And that he also wanted to participate, that he wanted to once more go out and feel 'useful', she gave us her blessing and told him she'd take care of the house and the children while he was out.

We also agreed on a wage of 10G per day I stayed out in the woods with him, and once that was done. We called the day off and I went back to the tavern to rest and prepare for the next day.
In the morning of the following day, we met up early and headed to the stable where we got the donkey and the cart, and then headed North towards the forest. Mister Garrett knew how to guide the donkey appropriately, so we had no trouble on that regard.

Once at the border of the forest, we tied the donkey with a rope that mister Garrett brought to a tree, and then I put some talismans surrounding it to make sure it would ward off any potential threats since we'd be away from it for quite some time. We also had some food for the donkey with us, but mister Garrett said we should feed it with it only in the night, as it would be able to eat by himself with the grass around his tree. I trusted his advice, and then we went inside the forest.

Our advance was slow due to mister Garrett's leg and because I was unused to running myself, but that was not an issue as we were not in a hurry. I trusted his expertise to guide us through, and I instead focused on praying while we walked. I prayed constantly to The Goddess, to keep us safe from harm, to protect us from those that would bring us harm, and to help mister Garrett find the animal we needed.

We kept this for a few dozen minutes, until he found a tree that seemed to be well positioned enough to give a good view of the surrounding region. I could not understand what was the difference between that tree and the rest, but once again, I trusted his knowledge on the field... However, with his leg like that, he would be unable to climb it and get a good view of the surroundings, so we'd need to improvise.

What followed was using magic in a very... Unusual way, one that I had never done before. I prayed The Goddess for her aid, and she gave me the power to make small barriers that both me and mister Garrett could step on. It took a small while to make each of them, but we were able to slowly climb the tree by making a stairway of barriers. He was certainly a very creative man, I would have never thought of this method on my own.

After that... We set on a well positioned tree branch, and waited. Apparently a good hunter should be prepared to wait for a long time, so that's what we were going to do. I did not need to pray for protection, because the animals would not reach us that high, and he said there would be no danger of snakes getting closer to us here either... I did not know why, but I once again, trusted his expertise on the matter.

So instead, I silently prayed for The Goddess to help me replenish my powers that were spent in protection and in the barrier stairs, meanwhile mister Garret kept an eye on the animals that moved below us.

The next few hours were... Calm. From time to time some live animals moved below us, and mister Garrett certainly felt compelled to hunt them, but I reminded him that this was not our purpose here today, to which he grumbly obliged... Not to mention he did not have any tools with him for actual hunting, so it's not like he'd be able to kill those animals anyways.

More and more time passed, and even though some animals that fit the quest description moved by, nothing actually happened in the surroundings that warranted our attention. In the end, a whole day passed and nothing happened, so we got down from the tree with the barrier stair and went back to the donkey, where we fed him, ate, and set camp for the night and slept.

In the next morning we changed the tree the donkey was tied to in order to let him eat new grass, packed camp up, refilled our water canteens in the nearby river, and went back to the forest. While yesterday wasn't successful, mister Garrett said that the tree of yesterday was still probably the best spot we'd find, so we climbed it again.

The day passed by slowly. At one point a pack of wolves entered a fight against a pack of deers, which we felt might be our chance, but in the end most of the deers were able to escape safely, and the two that fell were taken care of by the wolves, so we did not have any opportunity to descend and take the bodies for ourselves.

And so we waited, two, four, six uneventful days. It would be a lie to say mister Garrett wasn't frustrated, but I had faith. I knew The Goddess would guide us, that things would turn out alright, we just needed to pray, and wait until the right opportunity presented itself.

On the seventh day, a bit after midday, we found another fight break out, this time between a bear and the same pack of wolves as last time. The battle went on for a while, but eventually the wolves defeated the bear, but not before losing its alpha in the process. Once they were done with feasting in their opponent's body, they left the premises, and that was our time to act. I thanked The Goddess for the opportunity she gave us, and then helped mister Garrett's and my descent with the stair made of barriers.

He then started cutting some parts of the wolf out instead of carrying it like I expected, apparently to help preserve the meat until we reached the city... I did not quite understand why that was necessary, but it was gross and felt... Wrong, like I should not be there while this was being done... I did my part though, I prayed for protection, that The Goddess would keep us safe while he did what he had to do.

At about the time he was done, a boar came closer, probably because he smelled the fresh blood in the area... He looked at us threateningly and mister Garrett was worried and asked me to do something... But I just told him to calm down and focus on what he was doing, that I would take care of the boar.

He was still afraid, but decided to trust me... Meanwhile, the boar stood still, looking at us carefully, ready to charge... I prayed for The Goddess openly this time, asking for her protection... And then, stepped towards the boar. While staring directly into its eyes, I approached it. It looked a bit scared, but also tried to intimated me, preparing its own charge.

Another step, another prayer, the boar flinched. One more, the boar was confused. I was almost there, the boar was no longer trying to charge us... And then the last one, I got close enough and gently caressed its fur, the boar enjoyed my ruffling for a small while and then left, allowing us to finish our own business.

"Shall we go then?" I asked mister Garrett, to which he eagerly nodded as he seemed to have just finished whatever he was doing to the wolf... Which I tried my best to avoid looking at, I doubt I'd ever grow comfortable with this.

I prayed all the way back to the cart, which was an even longer trip than normal, because mister Garret had a really hard time carrying the big Alpha Wolf on his own, and I was unable to help him in that endeavor. It also hurt his leg to carry such weight while walking, but he assured me he could handle it... Nonetheless, I diverted some of my prayers to give him strength, which seemed to help.

Eventually we reached our donkey again and put the Alpha Wolf's body in the cart and then started driving back to the city.

"So... Did you enjoy this 'hunting' trip, mister Garrett?" I asked him. It was very uncomfortable to be this close to a recently deceased animal, so I had to find something to distract myself with... I prayed that The Goddess would not require me to do this kind of thing again.

Regardless, mister Garrett thought about it for a while before answering, "Yes. It didn't have the usual trill as before, but being able to process a game again, and coming out alive from a face to face encounter with a boar? Those are the things that are worth living for."

He was clearly smiling while saying that, I was happy that I could bring him some enjoyment from this, even if it was not something I wished to deal with ever again.

Eventually we reached the city and I paid him for his contribution to this endeavor, then he helped me bring the Alpha wolf to the guild, in which I got a certificate that I brought an appropriately sized game for the quest. Afterwards we parted ways, and I gave the Donkey and its cart back to its original owner.

And once all that was done, I delivered my report of this last week's occurrences to the Receptionist's Desk.
  • Took the Hunting Quest because it was a pre-requisite to Forest Ranger.
  • Tried hiring a Hunter to help me with obtaining a game, but without killing one as it's against the Goddess' teachings to kill.
  • After multiple failed attempts in finding a Hunter willing to help, found mister Garrett, a hunter that retired due to an injury, and that after much convincing, was willing to help me.
  • Went to the Northern Forest to "Hunt" together with mister Garrett and a hired donkey that would help us carry the meat back.
  • After seven days, we were able to obtain the corpse of a dead Alpha Wolf after its pack had a fight with a bear.
  • With The Goddess' protection, stopped a boar from trying to attack us in order to take the 'food' away from us.
  • Brought the Wolf's body back to the guild and got a certificate proving that it was big enough to suffice for the quest.
  • Paid mister Garrett and the Donkey's owner for his part in the job and for the renting fee respectively.
  • Delivered Report.
Total Money Spent: 150G

OOC: I don't know a thing about hunting and/or meat preserving, I just did a quick google search about it, but couldn't find anything about historical methods of doing so... At most I found one of modern methods, so uhn... Cut me some slack if I said some nonsense, alrighty~?
And dear God, I wanted this to be a quick sub-1000 words report, not a 3536 words one, geez... >.>
"I guess this is hunting? Meh though that boar thing sounds a little suspicious but then again I am not a boar expert?" AIEO throws the reward on the desk and has a little relaxation time in the chair.
REWARDS:
Gold: 13 G
Other:
5 jerky
Ability to do the Forest Ranger.

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
Quest Report

It was the night after she'd been gifted Jasper's wine bottles, and Liana had almost completed fixing her dress. Waking up after the sun had set, Liana prepared the meals for Hejlikka and Julrik before cleaning the kitchen and heading to the guild quest board. She knew that she would need to get more training from the guards but felt that it wouldn't be suitable after the abysmal performance and results she showed during that City Guard Training quest. She sighed to herself as she thought her amicable relationship with the guards was severely deteriorated during that week - despite the great efforts they had gone to in order for her to have a chance at passing.

Reaching the quest board, she skimmed through the available quests until her eyes fell upon one posted by Harrison himself:

Seeing what the quest entailed, she smiled brightly since she was accustomed to cleaning and washing things from when she was training in her temple back when--

"Ngh!" A sharp pain shot through her mind as she started to reminisce about her past. Holding onto her throbbing head, she took one of the quest sheets off the board and went to the receptionist desk to get a signed note to prove she was taking it. She then headed in the direction of the city guard barracks to try and find Harrison. The other reason why she wanted to do this quest was because of the miscellaneous reward of improving her relationship with the guards.

***​

"Here for the Night Watch again, Liana?" Harrison asked with his arms crossed. "I still don't think it's suitable to do it when you have no weapon or adequate training..."

"I know, Mr Bridger." She smiled gently before continuing, "I actually came to help you with this quest." She handed over the slip with the signed note with a bright smile on her face.

Taking the papers, the guard captain looked at them and raised his brows in surprise, "The Clean our image quest. Heh. I'd almost begun to lose hope on anyone actually taking that." He smiled wryly as he gave the papers back. "All right! Come with me and I'll take you to the armoury!"

Approaching the room, a distinct smell of mud, sweat and old, dried blood permeated the air. Motioning for the young woman to enter, Harrison pointed to where the cleaning supplies were before giving instructions over how the armours needed to be cleaned. After finishing, he said to talk to the guard supervising her if she managed to clean at least ten sets and wanted to help with the optional stuff. He then left and sent someone to keep watch over her while she was there.

Looking at the many sets of dirty armour, Liana took off the detachable sleeves of her dress, picked up the cleaning equipment and began scrubbing at her first set of armour. The guard sent to keep an eye on her gave some pointers to ensure she didn't damage anything if he saw her about to unknowingly cause any to which she smiled gently and thanked him for.

After five hours of non-stop, vigorously thorough cleaning, Liana finally managed to complete the last set of armour in the room - giving her a total of twenty sparkling clean armour sets. The guard supervising her smiled in relief as he thought about how he'd no longer be hearing the guard captain complaining and reprimanding people for being undisciplined with regards to maintaining equipment.

"You've worked hard, Miss. You can go back and report to the guild now."

Liana shook her head as she put her detachable sleeves back on, "No. There's still a lot of other things to do! Could you take me to where you put dirty bedding?"

"Ah..." The guard shifted his gaze to the side in embarrassment, "...we kind of...have them still on the beds..." He blushed a little at admitting that to the enthusiastic young woman.

Liana expressed surprise before showing a burning enthusiasm, "Take me to them, then! Don't you know how unhygienic it is to never clean your bedding? You could get ill, or attract bed bugs!"

The guard shuddered at that thought - thinking how there were indeed bed bugs in some of the guards' beds, with a few of his colleagues sometimes falling ill on occasion. "Okay! Follow me!" He led Liana to the sleeping quarters of the city guards with gusto. However, upon reaching the first door his steps slowed before peeking hesitantly at his charge. "Um...please excuse the smell..." He tentatively opened the door, revealing a chaotically messy room with twelve beds inside, "...also the mess..."

Liana's eyes opened wide at the sight and smell before regaining her senses and rushing to open the closed windows to air out the room. Not saying anything to the embarrassed guard, she immediately started stripping the bedding from the beds and put them into a neat pile.

"Where do you store the clean bedding?" She asked the guard who was trying to lower his presence out of shame.

"Ah? Um..." He thought for a full minute before finally giving an answer, "...I think we keep them in this cupboard?" He went over and opened it, revealing a dusty pile of folded bedding.

"...Take them out and open them up so they can air." She ordered as she picked up the pungent pile of bedding, "Where can I wash these?"

"Um, I'll take you there." The guard led the way in a rush, a little afraid of how authoritative the young woman had become once she'd entered cleaning mode.

Arriving at the empty laundry room, Liana walked past the guard and set about initially soaking the bedding in some warm water before returning back to the sleeping quarters. As soon as she entered, she got a duster cloth and wiped down all of the surfaces, before picking up a broom in the corner - that had also been dusted - and began sweeping the floor, quickly gathering a pile of muck, dust and dead bugs. After ensuring the floor was swept, she got a dust pan and brushed the pile of filth into it, before going to the window and emptying it out.

Returning to the laundry room, she took out and wrung out the dirty liquid from the bedding, before emptying the large tub and refilling it with warm water and some soap. She then put the bedding back in and began to scrub at it with a clean scrubbing brush. After an hour of scrubbing, the bedding, she emptied out the mucky and soapy water and refilled it with warm water to rinse the bedding. As she waited for them to soak, she once again returned to the room and used a mop and bucket to wash the floor.

By the time midnight had arrived, Liana heard the bell ring for guards to change shifts which meant some of the guards were returning to the sleeping quarters. With that in mind, she finished making the last bed in the third room she'd been cleaning and headed for the laundry room to take out the soaking bedding from the first batch. The second and third batches were in other stages of being washed, so she left them be for now. Wringing out as much of the liquid as possible from the first room's bedding, she found a drying/airing rack and placed it all on it. Liana then turned her attention back on the second batch on bedding and began scrubbing out the muck and stains that had accumulated for goodness knows how long.

Once dawn arrived, Liana had finally managed to finish washing and wringing out all of the bedding from the first three rooms to which the guard who had been supervising her heard the bells signifying the time and smiled. "Miss, I think you've worked hard enough for now. I'll be sure to inform the guard captain of your efforts."

Liana smiled brightly before bowing at the guard and thanking him for his own hard work of keeping constant watch over her. She then left for the guild to report on what she did, while carrying a signed note that the guard gave her.
Reaching the receptionist desk, her enthusiastic energy has slightly dimmed as she could feel the sun rising with every minute. Writing up her report, she handed it in and wondered if her efforts had garnered any goodwill from Harrison, or not.

X
"Let's see, Liana, is it?"
Checking the information he had, Manyvat then proceeded to read the report and prepared the reward that was probably lying around. After he finished reading, words left his mouth.

"Alright, it seems that you've done a good work. Harrison and his crew must be pleased, you could say that some weeks of cleaning were done in a one day. In any case-- here are your 30 gold coins!"

OOC: And the 30EXP that goes with it~

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
> > >

Customer Service Department
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
> > >

Customer service report
Worker: Mei

Case #1: Matthew
Problem: His field was burned during the adventurer's harvest. After the adventurer harvested the kernel, some part of the field was burned to dispose the wheat stem. He needed the stem as feed for his animals, while the adventurer said that it was the tradition of his previous world to burn the stem to dispose of it.
Solution: Make a request to the accounting department to see how much was the incurred loss. Asked both party to meet directly. A mutual agreement reached between the adventurer and the farmer, to work on the farm for four months.

Case #2: Hayne
Problem: A level 1 adventurer killed his son's pet herb slime. The adventurer did not want to pay it back as it was a slime found in the city, thus he insisted that he was in the right.
Solution: After consulting with the accounting department, a monetary compensation was given to the parent. For three months, the adventurer will have 1G deduction as long as he managed to complete four quest per week.

Case #3: Vernier and Clara
Problem: Both adventurer pooled their money to buy a house. Having a break up, the two of them demanded each other to leave the house.
Offered solution:
1. Sell the house and split the money - Rejected
2. Both leave the house - Rejected
2.a. Both leave the house and rent it, then split the money - Rejected
3. Reconcile - Rejected
As a result, unable to solve the problem at all.

Case #4: Dirk and Alice
Problem: She couldn't move on. Her body turned into an undead, and her soul haunted him. She said that her lingering regret was because they haven't consummated each other and she could move on if he made love to her. Dirk doesn't want to do that to a corpse.
Solution: Exorcist.

Case #5: Kimiko
Problem: Public disturbance due to saying that she want to be an idol in another world. She bought a stall on the market and sing and dance there. It disturbed the traffic with her audience, and cause a noise.
Offered solution: Asked her to keep her singing at one of the tavern. She thought it was a good idea. But she did not want to leave her stall. As for the current situation, she sang on the market during the day and on the tavern during the night. She also made a quest to create something that can amplify her voice.

Case #6: Soren
Problem: The city engineering department refused to fix his house after the 11th explosion he had on his lab.
Solution: Query engineering department. Their response was since they had to prioritize, they would resolve critical case first like the roads or sewers. His house was already considered a low priority case after an internal decision. The accepted solution was to make a request to fix his house on the quest board, which was accepted by a group of adventurers.

Case #7: Priscilla
Problem: The potion experiment subjects stopped coming since the last month. She had a backlog of potion she needed to know the effect of.
Solution: Mei was forced to test it. Animal testing. After the test concluded, she left satisfied.

Case #8: Luciela
Problem: After she recalculated her finance, she paid more tax than she actually should. She asked for a refund.
Solution: Query made to the tax department. Refund granted as a cut for the next year's tax by the tax department.
"Seems like your job went well, eh? Better than how the sheet announced it."
After giving out a comment regarding the clients Mei faced, Manyvat proceeded to give her the rewards she deserved.
"Anyway, here are your 10 gold coin. Hope for you that your future quests will be as smooth-sailing as this one."
Although, it should be unlikely.

OOC: And you also get 80EXP~

Vanus

appraised
> > >
City Guard Training
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...But here you'll have learn how to work as a team. You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs). Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam. Either you all pass or you all fail! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License
> > >
I got dragged to the city barracks for a week by Doctor Stern she said that I needed to work on my group skills which I of course don't I'm perfectly fine in group work and I'm definitely not paranoid at all. Anyway it was annoying and really not very fun at all I already have my own combat style and the that style has been passed down for a long time and derives from techniques with 40 thousand years of training and experiences many of which dedicated to perfecting it over time and experiences in combat. Anyway my only problem is my low physical strength it's got nothing to do with my fighting style. Flexibility was always something that was desired more than brute force.

Anyway I passed the test I think when I put the crossbow bolt through the things eye by chance and it ended up killing the monster they had captured to test us instantly I didn't even pay attention really to damn tired for proper function as nightmares and sleep deprivation continue to build up. It's an experience I do not wish upon any of the Emperor's flock but heretics should constantly be in this state most definitely. Anyway I guess I'm done with this boring and uninteresting task and I only punched each of my teammates in the head 15 times~

Last edited:

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
Unevaluated.

> > >

Hunting MissionSponsor: Adventurer's GuildLocation: Scribel RegionRequired Level: 2Objectives:Hunt some medium-large game.Bring it back to the guild.Meat must be edible and fresh.The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!Rewards:Points: 80 EXPMoney: 13 GOther: 5 jerky

> > >

This time, she said to herself that she would do the hunting mission quest properly. After she took the quest form and submitted it, she set course to the northern forest, following along the riverbanks.

She moved along the riverbank. The forest canopy became denser and denser as she went deeper. So far, she could see school of fishes along the river, as well as some slimes. Yet, for all the need to drink water, she had not encountered any large game.

A rustle. She turned her head to the left, and found a cat. It was easily as tall as her when she stood on two legs, despite it being a four legged creature. Was it enough? Its hair raised and it growled. In response, she crouched on all fours, getting ready to fight.

They both dashed forward. It lunged at her. She jumped to her left as a response. Skidding slightly, She repositioned herself and ran, charging at it. In response, it raised its claws, swatting at her. It hit her, yet she was able to push it down.

She mounted it, trying to keep it from biting her head while trying to kill it. It tried to claw at her, kick at her. She held her position down. Using her left claw, she managed to tear a gash on its neck. Another scratch managed to make her wounded, yet she held on.

She went for the kill, and bit on its neck, tearing through its blood vessels as its wound spurted blood. She gasped for breath, trying to normalize herself as she watched it die.

It was not large enough, she thought.

She went deeper.

She walked and walked. Her eyes and ears alert, looking for any hint of a big game. She walked until she found a place where the tree undergrowth was less dense. Seeing that she saw none of the big game so far, she rested down and drank the water.

Strange. It was too silent. Outside of the sound of running water, she couldn't hear anything at all. Why did she not notice that before, she did not know. But something was there, that turned the forest silent.

She heard something. It was closing on her position. She focused her attention on the sound, taking the high ground on top on the tree while doing so.

Something emerged from behind the bushes. it was a deer, but unlike the other deer she had seen on the zoo. Its coat shined in blue luster, with hint of silver lines along its body. Was that the creature that caused it? Could she kill it? She prepared to ambush and kill it in one clean hit.

No need to do that yet. She thought to herself. She waited for its herd until one more, a similar creature emerged, and joined the deer to drink. Not long after that, those two stopped to drink, continued by playing with each other. Observing the two, she considered ending her hunt here by killing and bringing the two deer to the guild. One was certainly not enough, she thought.

Boosting her jump with telekinesis, she launched herself from the tree, intending to deliver a deep gash with her momentum. The first one fell. She rotated her body, and launched herself on the second one. It went down easily when she pierced it, not giving it chance to run. Finished, she returned her claw to its previous state and drag the first corpse to the second one.

It was then, when everything went down. A roar from behind her made her flinch. It was heavy, the sound of it galloping was to the point of the slight tremor she felt. It was fast, that she had no time to turn her back as she try to escape. She left the two corpse and rolled to her left, nearly missed the creature's charge.

She stood up and faced the creature properly. It was as tall as the human adventurer she saw at the guild. It has similar coating as the previous deer she killed, yet its eyes were red. It was unlike the other deer she saw in her previous world, as its antler looked like it was made of curved blades. The ends was pointy enough that she may be able to pierce something with it.

It started its second charge at her. She needed to escape. Up, she decided. Using her telekinesis, she levitated herself.

The beast was roaring at her while she was flying. At this point, she felt that she should just escape and hunt for another one. Feeling a slight regret, she left the two corpse and the enraged deer monster there.

She wondered, should she continue following the water stream, or should she move into the forest? She did not know how to look for a game after all. Yet, the mission still need to be completed. Or... Should she go back and try her chance with the deer?

Weakened as she was, she thought she could push it back once using telekinesis-enhanced strength. Any more usage of that power would risk her being too tired, and that would be dangerous if there was anymore creature like the deer she had encountered. Yet, she was unsure if she could seize that moment to kill it. In the future, she needed to train her stamina. Considering that, she hestitated, and decided that she should back away.

She decided to wander back, looking for game around the river downstream. She moved along the riverbank, jumping from one branch to other.

It was the afternoon when she found herself on the edge of the forest. She couldn't find a game at all throughout the bank. Feeling disheartened, she sat down under the tree and rest, watching the meadows in front of her.

Night came. She gathered her motivation once again, planning to bring anything that she could get and end the hunt. Once again, she entered the forest.

She felt relieved when she saw a deer. Unlike the deer before, it was one similar in size with the deer in her old world. Its coloration was also brownish, unlike the previous one. Immediately, she charged at it.

A movement from her left. She turned her head, and found that it was similar to the cat she previously killed. It was hers. The deer was hers. She wouldn't let this cat to take the deer from her.

In that moment, the deer, noticed both of them, started to flee. She returned her attention to the deer, and began to pursue it. With one telekinetic push, she leaped forward.

Missed. The deer managed to turn while she was leaping. She skidded forward, and immediately reoriented herself. The deer moved into the forest, both on her and the cat's pursuit.

In the pursuit of the deer, she prepared another push to shorten the distance. The cat was already near the deer while they both run. She leaped once again, shortening the distance to the deer rapidly. She overshoot the deer and broke her speed using the tree. Using that tree at the platform, she leaped directly to the deer.

She managed to push it down. She pinned it down, and used her claw to slash through its neck, killing it instantly. One problem remaining.

The cat was then growling at her. She once again prepared herself for the confrontation, and oriented her body to face the cat. She waited for the cat's action, preparing to counter its attack. Her fur and claws elongated, she threatened the cat to back down with her own growl. It was her prey.

Neither of them moved. At that moment she decided, she would kill the cat too. She charged first.

The cat leapt away from her attack. She missed. It slashed its claws on her. It hit, and made her wound on her body. She pushed herself with telekinesis, and headbutted it.

She managed to score a hit. The cat was pushed away, hitting a tree. The tree shook as its body hit. Finishing it, she charged at the prone cat, intending to kill it then.

The enemy was defeated. She let her transformation recede and began to go back to the deer corpse. From there, she dragged the deer to the riverbank, and continued dragging it along.

As she arrived at the city, she asked the guard to open the gate. It was already late, yet it was the freshest then. She continued to drag it as she went to the adventurer guild, hoping that it was still open.
OOC: I missed that one, somehow, even though it's not in a spoiler...

After reading the report, Manyvat even wondered if he had to read it. After all, his eyes saw the deer corpse, thus, he could simply say that this quest was accomplished? Nonetheless, it was but a vain thought. The report correlates the reality and what could have happened, if it seems credible, then she probably hunted that deer by herself.

"Alright, Mei, right. Well, I can only say you've done a good work, right? Anyway! Your reward is 13 gold coins and 5 jerky... although, you must want to hurry to the kitchen, the chef must want the deer. Otherwise, it may count as a failure..."
Riiiight. While the deer is here, looks normal, edible and fresh, it needs to be in the kitchen! In any case, the merchant handed out the reward, a bit hesitant, but it should be fine.

OOC: You also get 80EXP~

Bochi

Investigate the Beastman Mountain #2
Sponsor:
Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Go to the beastman mountain.
  • Measure the distance between Fuyu Machi and Scribel City.
  • Determine if it is worthwhile for the guild to establish a branch there.
Description: A beastmen mountain has been discovered down south, and so far two of our adventurers have visited it's grounds. However, conflicting reports leave several things unclear, starting from basics such as exactly how far the city is from Scribel. We need someone to make another trip, find out how the city runs and whether or not it's worth setting a guild branch there

Rewards:
  • Exp: 150
  • Money: 50G
Vicious was not pleased when she reached the outskirts of the mountain again. Because she had gone to the effort of slowing her speed to match a horse's, take breaks every time mealtime came around, and get proper sleep for once in order to confirm how long the journey would take for the average merchant convey. To be fair, her legs were still rather sore which prevented her from running at maximum speed, but still. Meanwhile, Sanguine flew overhead, easily keeping up despite being barely out of fledging status---that irked her a little as well.

What displeased her even more was the realisation of exactly how the barrier worked. She had kept her eyes on the mountain for the entirety of the first day, and when she checked again at evening, she'd made far more progress than her previous visit. Just to confirm her theory Vicious spent the second day doing the exact same thing.

If you don't keep your eyes on it frequently while running, the barrier nudges you off course just so slightly, making you waste time on detours. And I have no evidence to back it up as of now, but I believe once someone foreign makes it a good way to the mountain, Sora would detect them coming. Although, it's possible that the barrier has weakened further...I hope not.

With this in mind, the Liberi would reach the barrier on the fifth morning, relatively unbothered by the wild animals on the road. She did meet some strange club-wielding blue-skinned scrawny hunchbacked semi-humanoids some time on the third day, near a smaller mountain on the way, but after she'd demonstrated her proficiency in the fine art of unarmed combat, she was given a wide berth. She also decided to confiscate the strange two-handed wooden mace-like weapon for her temporary own usage. It did resemble a rather long baseball bat after all.

Sadly, she didn't get any chance to use it until the Liberi arrived at the proper entrance of the mountain, a river that flowed all the way from the mountaintop, through the city at the mountain foot. The miko had shown it to her from afar during the return journey on her last visit, and from up close she could appreciate how clean the river was. She could see all the way to the stones at the bottom.

Weird how there's a lack of fish in---whoa!

Vicious rolled to one side to avoid getting a free forehead piercing from a spike of water. Then another came from the side, so she lifted her new acquisition to block...

*Swish*

The Liberi stared at the wooden stump she was now holding, clicked her tongue in exasperation, and tossed it aside. So much for that weapon.

"Hey, not bad! I was going to cut you in half as well, but you managed to avoid injury! Nice! Could I have your name?"

"Depends on who's asking. Or are you the type to hide and launch sneak attacks? If you're going to say something, say it to my face! No one appreciates a gossiper."

Vicious waited several seconds for an answer.

"...Nice try! I don't show my face to strangers."

You almost got convinced there, didn't you?

She kept that comment to herself, and instead gave a short laugh.

"Well, if you won't show yourself willingly, I'll have to resort to force."

"Hoh! Bring it on, then. I'll gladly show you what I'm capable of---what are you doing?"

The girl had taken off her outer clothes, leaving herself in a sleeveless shirt and shorts. She then kicked off her boots as well.

"What else? I'm taking a bath. I worked up quite a lot of sweat on the trip here, you know? And the water is nice and clean, from what I can see. Taking a dip in this weather would feel like paradise, I bet."

Vicious stepped onto the riverbanks.

"WAIT! WAIT WAIT WAIT! You can't just wade in here looking like that! You'll dirty the water!"

"Awh, don't be so stingy. The water's clean, but you still have to boil it before drinking, yanno? Plus, this river will join another a few more miles downstream, and that one's not nearly as clean. And it already passed the city and villages, so me dirtying the water a little shouldn't cause any problems for the people living here, right, Guardian spirit?"

"You're not wrong, but still...Wait, how'd you know that I'm a---"

"Guardian spirit? Educated guess. Also you just admitted to it yourself."

"Nghhhh...! Alright, fine! I'll show myself, so put your clothes back on and stop trying to dip your toes in my river! Watch and be amazed!"

Water bubbled in a circle at the centre of the flowing river, and the self-proclaimed (so far) guardian spirit burst forth from the water's surface. It took the form of an oriental dragon, made of clear water.

"Behold! Guardian of the White River, Seiryuu herself!"

The Liberi wasn't very impressed.

"...Compared to Sora, you look way less intimidating. The scales aren't nearly as shiny either. The only thing that qualifies you as a 'Seiryuu' is the fact that you're taking the form of a 'ryuu'. So I'll call you Sei."

"Well, she's the Miko, so what did you expect---"

Sei.exe stopped responding. Vicious waved her hands before the suddenly-quiet water dragon.

"Hello? Is anyone home?"

Running background scans...
Error identified.
Loading backup data...

Rebooting...

"Hold on a minute! You know the Miko's name, so you obviously have knowledge of the city in the mountains. The barrier didn't fool you either, and I can smell that you're not human...wait, don't tell me, you're the guest that the Miko was talking about?"

Looks like I was right about the detection. As far as early warning systems go, it's not bad. The spirit's a bit thick in the head, though.

"Well, I might be...would it be a problem if I was?"

"OF COURSE IT WOULD! I attacked one of the Miko's guests...ohno ohno ohno ohno ohno ohno..."

Vicious let the water dragon sweat a bit more, before giving a suggestion.

"We can say that we were having a little spar. No harm done, and it wouldn't be a lie either. From the start you weren't striking to kill, anyway."

"You really mean that? Thank the gods...then, would you be heading to Yato? The Miko is quite eager to meet you again. I can bring you all the way to Fuyu if you'd like."

"Hmm...I'll have to trouble you, then. Ah, but don't you have to, like, guard this place or something? Against intruders and stuff."

"Oh, no worries! This dragon construct isn't actually my real body, haha. But so long as the river is nearby, I can do my job pretty quickly. Alright, I'm ready."

As the dragon morphed into a tendril of water and wrapped itself several times around her waist, lifting her above the river, Vicious paled slightly.

"...Hold up just a second. Just how are you planning to get me to Fuyu------"

*****​

A certain girl emptied her stomach in a ditch just outside the gates. An ebony plaque mounted onto the top of the majestic red gate read: ⌈冬街⌋.

“Hrrrk...Oh, my head...Sei, couldn’t you have been more gentler while transporting me...?”

“I’m terribly sorry. Usually I help carry goods and stuff along the White River, so I instinctively carried you like a load of items...Anyway, I think the Miko’s busy attending a meeting at the moment, so we have some free time before she’s expecting you. Have you explored the Winter City yet?”

“Nope, can’t say I have. The tiger brought me to Yato immediately the previous time after all.”

“Then allow me to bring you around and show you the sights as a way to apologise. I think you’ll quite like this place, to be honest.”

Vicious stared at the watery construct hovering above the nearby pond. She didn’t say a word, and neither did Sei, until the dragon seemed to understand.

“Oh, um. Wait here for a bit, I’ll be back in a few minutes!”

Left without much of a choice, the Liberi ended up waiting for more than just a few minutes before someone came rushing out of the gates. Green hair, glasses, short stature. She couldn’t have been taller than the Liberi’s shoulders. Sanguine landed neatly on the girl’s head, and stayed there.

“Who?”

“Don’t forget me so quickly! It’s the one who brought you here!”

“Oh...Mei, correct?”

“It’s SEI! Wait, it’s not! My name’s Seiryuu!”

“So the shortened form would be Sei. That’s fine, right?”

“Ye---no! I mean, I don’t mind it if you call me that, but at least---”

“It’s settled then. Sei it is.”

“......”

Two girls walked on the busy streets. Every now and then the shorter girl would wave to the passer-bys who smiled and waved in return. Vicious decided to ask a question about partway.

“By the way, Sei, you’re supposedly the Seiryuu, right?”

“Drop the ‘supposedly’ please! I’m a true blue Azure Dragon!”

“And yet nothing about you suggests ‘azure’. Anyway, what I wanted to ask is this: If there’s a ‘Seiryuu’ in this city, are there also the other three?”

“Well, you’ve already met Byakko. The remaining two are...complicated. You’ll know if you spend more time in this city, assuming the Shogun doesn’t…”

“Doesn’t what? And who’s our white tiger?”

The dragon chose to ignore the first question, instead smiling a bit too quickly as she looked away.

“You didn’t know? I figured you wouldn’t forget so quickly, given how he shot you up the mountain the last time---”

“HE’S Byakko?! That tiger bastard who fired me like I was a clump of rocks in a siege machine?”

“Uhm...yeah, afraid so. Uhm, Vicious, your eyes are scaring me.”

“Pay no mind to it. Instead, Sei, could you show me around some of the better blacksmithing shops? I’m looking to procure a weapon or two.”

“Uhm, sure…”

*****​

After she’d gotten her hands on a little something, the summons came in the form of a tiger, who grinned, casual as ever, even as Vicious glared at him. A short flight later, the girl entered the mountain city properly and looked up at the gates. Same plaque as the one down the mountain, except the words carved into them were different.

---⌈夜卜街⌋

“Eternal Night City.”

Sora was waiting right below it.

“Yep, that’s been it’s name since the beginning...Eh? You can read those characters, Vicious?”

“Just a little bit. I picked it up strictly as a hobby, so don’t expect too much of it.”

By the way, Sanguine was at Seiryuu’s place. The supposed Azure Dragon had taken a liking to him and borrowed him off Vicious for a while, and the girl had shrugged and agreed when Sanguine didn’t kick up too much of a fuss.

“Don’t worry. The city’s not that old-fashioned, so you shouldn’t have much language problems here. Although the older ones might not be able to communicate as fluently, but I think it should be fine so long as you speak slowly. Ah, this way please.”

The two passed through a long corridor, the tiger following closely behind. To the right was a circular doorway leading to some kind of garden. Vicious sniffed the air.

“Herbs?

“Mhm. Some plants are too delicate to be planted on the ground, so we cultivate them up here.”

“Oh. What about those?”

“The giant urns? We keep dried grain in them to last us through the months, should it be a bad year of harvests. Although, with how the mountain’s blessing works, we’re basically overflowing with food.”

The girl’s ears perked up at ‘blessing’.

“Tell me more.”

“Maybe later. We’ve reached the Shogun’s house.”

“Wait, this rickety pile of timber is her house? I thought it was that large and posh building over there.”

“Oh, no, that’s the ceremonial hall. We dedicate burnt offerings to our deity twice every year, during the summer and winter solstice. I’ll bring you there for a look later if you want.”

“I’d appreciate it, thank you very much.”

The tiger pushed the doors open and entered without knocking---evidently he’d done it plenty of times. Sora took her by the hand and started pulling her inside.

“Madam, she’s here!”

The door opened to a small room that would have fitted three bathtubs nicely, and the occupant glanced up at her visitors. Books were scattered everywhere.

“So you’re the adventurer. Vicious, was it?”

The girl, on the other hand, was stunned.

“Wait, a moment please.”

She counted the numbers off her fingers.

“Sei, water spirit. Tai’Ge, tiger. That’s two of the four. Sei said that the remaining two are temporarily unavailable, so that makes up the Four Symbols.”

That knowledge had come from a blacksmithing colleague of hers at work, and there was something about the story...Something she was forgetting.

I think there was a tale about the four symbols guarding the yellow dragon or something...wait a minute.

She’d been quite exhilarated when Sora transformed into a dragon and brought her back to Scribel. But what colour were Sora’s scales in dragon form?

Golden.

Okay, so the Shogun isn’t the yellow dragon. But those antlers of hers definitely ain’t deer antlers, huh...no ways about it, then.

“Pardon the rudeness, but can you fly?”

“Will knowing the answer be beneficial to our current conversation?”

“Yes, actually. I can’t focus properly when questions are going on inside my head.”

“Perhaps you should replace your head, then. But yes, I can, though I don’t usually do it. So could we get back to the current discussion?”

“Umu. Sora mentioned that you were looking to procure the help of adventurers.”

“Perhaps I am. But I have seen your proposal, adventurer, and pray tell me this; why should I set aside a piece of land in the Winter City for your guild’s use, alongside offering benefits and waiving taxes? My soldiers are not weak, as I’m sure you’ve seen.”

“A fair point, Madam. But I’m also sure that you are aware that beyond the mountain and the forest is no longer the land which you once called home. Your Miko has mentioned this quite a while ago, I’m sure, and the implications of that you very well know. A new land comes with new demands, and with those new demands come a new source of trouble---which your city isn’t too equipped to be facing at the moment, if I may say it plainly.”

The Shogun drummed the surface of her wooden desk.

“Go on.”

“Furthermore, I’m sure you’re one of the first to receive the news, and it’s hardly news now to say that the barrier covering the whole mountain is not as effective as it has once been. I have been told that another adventurer made a trip down here after my first visit---”

“The blacksmith? He got diverted by the barrier’s effects, and never even made it to the villages in the forest. I am uncertain what he saw, but Sora can tell when a foreigner is approaching our mountain. He got about halfway, lingered in the same area for a day and some, then turned and left. The barrier is working as intended.”

“Maybe it is. But can you guarantee that the barrier will work every time? It’s my second visit here, and the barrier’s subtle misdirection is already no longer working on me. Once someone sees through the trick, it loses its effectiveness. Furthermore, it doesn’t work on common monsters, does it?”

The Shogun shot Sora a cross look.

“I suppose the Miko told you all about it.”

“Not really, actually. I just took another educated guess, and once again you’ve confirmed me correct. After all, if the barrier turns away monsters, then why have such a sizable standing force of guards? The Eternal Night and Winter Cities are both rather orderly even without.”

“You little...fine. I admit the barrier doesn’t repel monster attacks. But the mountain has always been a sacred place to our patron deity, and monsters hardly ever attack. So even without the barrier, the guards should suffice.”

At that moment, Vicious decided that the Shogun before her was just as difficult as another colleague back home. So she should deal with her in the same way.

“You’re ignoring the Savras in the bushes, Madam. I have no doubt that this mountain is very holy, given that I’ve spent some days here. However, even your patron deity might have trouble influencing matters in a different world and you know it’s the truth. Your guards are doubtlessly a fine bunch as well, given who trains them, but they have not yet fought against the monsters of these lands. Beastmen make for amazing fighters, and I should know that, but there are various other powerful organisations in this world as well. Over in the distance is a huge empire of human supremacists looking to conquer and unite everything under their banner, while Sarkaz and assassins lurk in the shadows. Look down not on torches, else the darkness will surprise you when the campfire dies.”

The Shogun drummed on her desk for a few more minutes, silent. Eventually she lifted her hand and spoke again.

“How do I know that I can trust you and this guild of yours? Fuyu Machi has been home to the beastmen for centuries. We haven’t had humans walking on these streets for decades. How am I to know that adventurers won’t cause troubles here?”

“Oh, that’s easy. You can’t.”

The older woman’s eyebrows raised. Vicious continued.

“The guild and an assassin’s syndicate, in my opinion, operate in similar ways---you submit work details, we perform them for you, and you pay us in gold. The difference comes in the form of specific work details; to my knowledge the guild does not blatantly accept requests to assassinate random people on the street, or lightly get mixed up in large-scale incidents such as war. We are not a mercenary organisation, after all, even though I admit the differences can be practically nonexistent. To put it simply---as long as you have the coin to pay us with, we’ll do your jobs for you. Similarly, as long as we are being paid, we’ll do our best to fulfil the objectives. And while I’m sure adventurers here will change things, the guild does have a reputation to uphold in order to function, after all...we’ll take care of troublemakers from our side.”

“Then, what if I asked you alone to work for me…”

“No can do, Madam. I’m here today as a member of the Adventurer’s Guild, not as the individual Vicious. I cannot make any rash promises that may not be able to be fulfilled.”

“...”

Unexpectedly, the Shogun laughed.

“Hah! I thought not. Fine, I’ll give this proposal some more careful consideration, but no promises. Meanwhile, you should go for a walk around the Eternal Night City, and take a look at what our city has to offer. I’m sure Sora would be glad to be your guide.”

The miko’s face said everything.

*****​

“Haah~ As expected, the air up here smells great and the scenery is peaceful too. The trip up the mountain is harrowing, but for what it’s worth, I’d live here if I could...actually, Sora, now that I think about it, the Shrine grounds are quite massive, aren’t they? Your family must be quite well-off.”

“Hm? Not really, I think. Rather, property prices here aren’t that high, you know? The Shogun’s, um, treasurer takes care of selling and buying land and building stuff on that land, but if you help out with harvesting materials and construction the price gets cheaper by a whole lot. And we’re quite lax about it so long as you don’t go crazy and chop the whole forest down or something.”

“Seriously? How much does a piece of land big enough to build a small house cost here?”

The miko leaned in closer to whisper directly into Vicious’ ear.

EHHHH?! That's cheap! If the guild does end up setting a branch here, I’m buying a house for sure! The atmosphere here is great, my meals here so far have been amazing, and the market’s filled with nice stuff, and most importantly, I can stroll around the city at night without worrying about getting shanked in the side alleys. It’s like a little piece of heaven here and I’d love for it to continue that way. Ah, but that’s only if the Shogun agrees to the terms though...”

“It’s probably fine. I was watching you make that sales pitch, and I reckon she’s pretty convinced already. She’s just a bit too proud to admit it sometimes. By tomorrow morning I think you’ll be able to go back to Scribel and tell your guild that the Shogun is willing to accede.”

“That’s great news...by the way, Sora, you mentioned that the adventurer after me lingered in the same area for more than a day. Where exactly was he waiting?”

“Uhm…”

The Miko was rather hesitant.

“Some kind of sacred place, perhaps? I’ll stop asking if that’s the case.”

“Oh, no, not the way you think. In fact, I’d argue that it’s more of a cursed place than a sacred place. Now, I’ve no idea of knowing if it changed positions in the shift or not, so it could have been another mountain, but if he did end up where I think he did...well, a day’s journey away in our old world led to a place where the departed was exhumed. I never visited the place more than once of twice a year, but some of the elders in the villages would know. It’s a place where the boundary between life and death practically doesn’t exist.”

“So, ghosts.”

“Pretty much, yeah. It’s almost noon, so let’s go get some lunch. That reminds me, you were asking about it earlier, weren’t you? The mountain’s blessing. Within the mountain is a leyline from our old world, so mana is in abundance around here. Crops grown here and ores mined here naturally contain some measure of mana in them, and we use them to make amazing enchanted pieces. You picked up that kanabo from the market in the Winter City, didn’t you?”

“Yep. Cost me a pretty penny. But it’s quite worth it, I think. Material’s harder than steel but lighter than iron and has that traditional feel to it as well. It’s definitely a weapon forged for the battlegrounds. What’s this thing socketed into the handle, though?”

“Oh! A magatama. They signify something to the carver, although what exactly I do not know. But that’s a good kanabo---you take care of it, it’ll take care of you.”

“Yeah, it’d better. My wallet feels about three hundred coins lighter. Which reminds me, is everyone here vegetarian?”

“What? No! That’s a horrible idea! Imagine plant-eating dragons and tigers. No one would take them seriously ever again.”

“Eh? But won’t the rabbit or boar beastmen complain if rabbits and boars get eaten by the tiger and lion beastmen?”

“Oh, so that’s why you asked? Pffft! Well, let me ask you; do you eat chicken or duck meat?”

“Fair point. A matter of perspectives, is it? Also, is this place overflowing with jade or what? The market was chock full of jade carvings and stuff. The price was oddly lower than expected too. And the weird paper slips pasted everywhere.”

“Well, I did say the mountain was blessed. Last I checked, apparently socketing a piece of jade to any item gives it a bonus effect. Let me see that kanabo again...yep, it’s enchanted. The paper slips are talismans, by the way. We use them to ward off evil spirits and counteract bad luck.”

“Huh. Do they actually do anything, or are they just there to make the place look brighter?”

“Hey, that’s mean! I spend a lot of time and magical power to write those, you know! At least pretend they work rather well or something around me! Hmph!”

“Kidding, kidding. So, what’s for lunch? You’ve gone and gotten my expectations up with all that blessing talk, so I’m looking forward to a good meal. Or will the Miko of Eternal Night prepare it for me personally?”

“Well, I don’t usually make food unless there’s an extra set of helping hands around, mhm? The guest room’s empty if you and Sanguine want to stay the night, also.”

“Hah! I’ll take advantage of that kindness, then.”

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Vanus

> > >

Forest Ranger
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Hunting Mission
  • Serve as a guide for civilians in the forest.
  • Protect civilians from harm.
Many of Scribel's citizens are afraid to enter the forest alone.
It is easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the trails.
As an experienced woodsman, help guide citizens through the woods.
Protect our people from coming to harm.
Rewards:
> > >

"Mei... this is your client." The receptionist said.

"Hello. I am clarissa." The woman said to her, sticking out her hand.

"Mei." She answered, pointing at herself.

"Right..." The woman pulled her hand back. She said, "Miss Mei. I want to look for Cassia tree. Its leaf looked like this."

She took some kind of leaf from her bag. Then she continued, "My supplier said that he usually gathered them on the eastern part of the forest, but I haven't heard from him since last month. Can you escort me?"

She nodded.

"Alright, I'll depend on you then."

+++
After she walked for long, she found that escort mission was really troublesome. Every time they had to engage the enemy, she had to bring the client to the nearest branch first. If she had trained herself, she probably be able to carry her for longer and take the high route. The client was not able to move on the tree top. Therefore, she had to be alert for any enemy.

She had encountered two groups of goblins so far, and still has not found the right tree. With neither of them knew of the exact location, they had to rely on the man's hint. Thankfully, she hadn't found any enemy that possess a long range capability, or she would be in trouble.

The woman looked tired, yet she refused to stop. She felt slightly tired too. She wanted to know what drove the woman to do the gathering herself, instead of making a request for the adventurer. As she heard the sound of running water, she asked the woman.

"Rest?" She pointed at the direction of the creek.

"Ah... yeah." The woman said. She looked a little bit distracted.

As they arrived at the small creek, she took to the top. Ears straining, she looked around, searching for any hint of enemy. Finding nothing, she relaxed slightly and went down. She took a few sips of the water, which was followed by the woman doing the same.

"Still far?" She asked.

The woman raised her shoulder momentarily. "I don't know. Are we on the eastern part yet?"

She thought about it. Her knowledge about the forest was very few, to be honest. Finding no answer in her head, she asked the woman.

"Have a map?"

"Map... yes. I think I have one in my bag." The woman said.

The woman then pulled out a map from her bag and gave it to her. She then asked the woman to wait on the tree branch, as she told the woman that the would go up and compare her location to the map. Flying up, she then compared the general shape of the forest to the map.

It was around a third from the easternmost edge, she estimated. She checked the distance from the south too, and fall down.

After she returned to the woman, she opened the map on her hand and pointed their approximate location. As they were already on the eastern part of the forest, she asked the woman if the woman knew what the tree looked like. The woman said that it was a tree, with five yellow colored petal. Its fruit was like pea.

Packing the map back, they then continued their journey.

+++
How many more goblins did she have to encounter? Since they left the creek, they found three more groups of goblins. It was possible, she thought, that they were near the goblin's settlement. She saw more goblins with specialized tool compared to the previous ones. Most of them has crude spear with sharpened stone at the tip. They also seemed at ease with throwing those, which increased the risk for the woman. Because of that, she had to fight more defensively, consuming more of her power to levitate or create a barrier as she tried to cover the woman.

She was thankful that the spear that they carried was not endless, or she wouldn't have a chance to counterattack. As their hand no longer held the spear, she countered with throwing stones at them, and charged at them directly when she had no more.

It ended. She was able to defeat them. Though, if their settlement was near, she had to leave immediately with the woman. Taking on a group of three to five goblins was easy, but she wasn't sure she could take on a whole settlement. Where did the goblin come from, she thought. She did not know if the goblin's settlement was in the north, south, or somewhere else.

Since she had no more data, she took a direction. Hopefully the direction she picked was not filled with goblins.

Time passed. She felt thankful that the direction did not lead to a goblin settlement. The encounter she had with the goblin lessened, though she had to face a few lynx on her way. She looked at the woman. The woman seem to be in concentration as she observed the plant in front of her.

"Yes. This is it." the woman declared.

Has it ended? No, she had to escort the woman back. Though, at this point she felt that going further to the east would be better, to avoid the enemy. Sure, the route would be longer as she circled the forest. But at least, the risk would be lower for both of them. The woman was filling her bag with leaves from that tree to the brim. As the woman finished, she asked the woman to go further east and circle the forest. The woman agreed, and they went back to the adventurer guild.
"Everything seems fine but how many goblins where in each group?" Aieo yawns before falling asleep the reward spilling out of her pocket.
Rewards:
Money: 15 G

Reciful

APPRAISED

Slime Subjugation
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:

Character: Reciful "the innocent malice"
Lvl: 4 (1810/2000)
Job class: Chaos Bringer

Quest name: Slime Subjugation

Quest Report

Eager to use Reciful's new toys... Reciful went to the forest to hunts slime for pratice proposes, & train how to actually swing with human arms.

While at it Reciful take some quest, killing two birds in one stone!... Reciful practice that saying just now.

*****​

But,. Reciful don't need to actually went to the forest.... There is many slime just outside the city, few meters away from the city walls....

Reciful notice they are much plenty in numbers this day compare before.

Anyway, slime found, now slime killing start.

Noticing the nearest slime, a smile appear on Reciful face, lifting her right hand where the Woodcutting Axe is held. Reciful swing it down with full force!... With a thud, the slime is dissected in two, crushing its core unfortunately.

"... That's one... Shame, core crushed... But they're plenty... Crushing one or two is fine~ right?~ " she said with a innocent smile as she gaze upon the group of slime.. which somehow Shivered in her gaze, they felt fear.

A little girl is playing.... Perhaps dancing?

In the sunset outside Scrible city wall, upon the grassland field outside its walls, she is dancing.

Each swing her entire body follows, each motion contain a novice movement, as she awkward reposition herself to stance & repeat her swings, only to fall on the ground due to excess force of her swings & stand up & repeat the entire process... Yet she laughs merrily.This scene is such a heart moving scene... from afar that is.

Reciful, repeatedly swing her new Cleave in her left hand & Axe in her right. Each swing slime goo splatters in the air. She would occasionally stamps, with the sole of her bare foot some slime that get near, crushing its cores.

The slime would retaliate by trying to dissolve her by sticking to her body, but each time they did, a Sticky black goo appear on her body. Entering the slimes making them go Bubble-up & pop like a balloon... This makes the slime to slowly felt truly afraid of the girl before them. Cause unlike other Adventurer who hunts them, She alone is the first that Practice on them.

In the end the girl killed 23 slime outside the city gate.

"... Reciful can't swing that well yet... Balancing is hard... Body coordination is awkward.... Needs, more practice~ "

"... Its night... Must, go back, for now"

She walked away from the grassland & entered the city... Covered in slime goo.

Slime core Collected × 13

Signed: Reciful 'the innocent malice'

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Character: Reciful "the innocent malice"
Lvl: 4 (1810/2000)
Job class: Chaos Bringer

Quest name: Slime Subjugation

Quest Report

Eager to use Reciful's new toys... Reciful went to the forest to hunts slime for pratice proposes, & train how to actually swing with human arms.

While at it Reciful take some quest, killing two birds in one stone!... Reciful practice that saying just now.

*****​

But,. Reciful don't need to actually went to the forest.... There is many slime just outside the city, few meters away from the city walls....

Reciful notice they are much plenty in numbers this day compare before.

Anyway, slime found, now slime killing start.

Noticing the nearest slime, a smile appear on Reciful face, lifting her right hand where the Woodcutting Axe is held. Reciful swing it down with full force!... With a thud, the slime is dissected in two, crushing it core unfortunately.

"... That's one... Shame, core crushed... But they're plenty... Crushing one or two is fine~ right?~ " she said with a innocent smile as she gaze upon the group of slime.. which somehow Shivered in her gaze, they felt fear.

A little girl is playing.... Perhaps dancing?

In the sunset outside Scrible city wall, upon the grassland field outside its walls, she is dancing.

Each swing her entire body follows, each motion contain a novice movement, as she awkward reposition herself to stance & repeat her swings, only to fall on the ground due to excess force of her swings & stand up & repeat the entire process... Yet she laughs merrily.This scene is such a heart moving scene... from afar that is.

Reciful, repeatedly swing her new Cleave in her left hand & Axe in her right. Each swing slime goo splatters in the air. She would occasionally stamps, with the sole of her bare foot some slime that get near, crushing its cores.

The slime would retaliate by trying to dissolve her by sticking to her body, but each time they did, a Sticky black goo appear on her body. Entering the slimes making them go Bubble-up & pop like a balloon... This makes the slime to slowly felt truly afraid of the girl before them. Cause unlike other Adventurer who hunts them, She alone is the first that Practice on them.

In the end the girl killed 23 slime outside the city gate.

"... Reciful can't swing that well yet... Balancing is hard... Body coordination is awkward.... Needs, more practice~ "

"... Its night... Must, go back, for now"

She walked away from the grassland & entered the city... Covered in slime goo.

Slime core Collected × 13

Signed: Reciful 'the innocent malice'
The bath house is across the street just so you know.
OOC: Mark your report as evaluated.