Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal
Un-appraised
I got dragged to the city barracks for a week by Doctor Stern she said that I needed to work on my group skills which I of course don't I'm perfectly fine in group work and I'm definitely not paranoid at all. Anyway it was annoying and really not very fun at all I already have my own combat style and the that style has been passed down for a long time and derives from techniques with 40 thousand years of training and experiences many of which dedicated to perfecting it over time and experiences in combat. Anyway my only problem is my low physical strength it's got nothing to do with my fighting style. Flexibility was always something that was desired more than brute force.

Anyway I passed the test I think when I put the crossbow bolt through the things eye by chance and it ended up killing the monster they had captured to test us instantly I didn't even pay attention really to damn tired for proper function as nightmares and sleep deprivation continue to build up. It's an experience I do not wish upon any of the Emperor's flock but heretics should constantly be in this state most definitely. Anyway I guess I'm done with this boring and uninteresting task and I only punched each of my teammates in the head 15 times~
"Miss Aeio, while you passed the exam, you clearly showed lack of teamwork and did not cooperate appropriately with your teammates, which makes you a bad candidate for working together with the city guard.

"You'll still get your license, but I'll have to cut your rewards for that.

"May your emperor help you in getting closer to your coworkers."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 5G
Others: City Guard License

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

Vanus

Appraised
Decipher some runes
Sponsor: Goren Doles Magic Research CentreLocation: Scribel CityLevel: 3
Objectives
  • Decipher the demonic runes
  • Opt: Teach us how to decipher them
The newly established magic research facility and we needs your help!
Recently, we've recovered a some stone tablets from what used to be the home of a demon hunter.
We can't seem to decipher the runes though.
From what we can gather, it concerns controlling demons or summoning demons.
For the sake of research we must find out!
Rewards
Exp: 150 (200)Money: 45 (65)Other: N/A
The runes say that it summons 9 demons that you can control and order to kill one target each. This is upon completion of the proper ceremony also talked about and the proper tablet placement. The demons once they have completed there task will then take control of the nearest person to the target they killed. Hence I will not teach you how to decipher them sorry for the inconvenience but allowing daemonic possession is not in anyone's best interests. The runes are required for the summoning so I will not be able to use it protect them at all costs.

Further store these tablets under lock and key and hidden from any viewers they have a mind manipulation effect and will bring madness on the person who is looking at them. All tomes appear to be present and the spell relates to a being known as the deceiver he's associated with the numbers 8 and 9. Further more keep them separated from each other. Recommend leaving one in the safe keeping of the guild.- AIEO
Assertion: Possibility of these articles helping me control the daemon in my head.
Conclusion: If possibility of the daemon being weakened in such a manner exists I must take it.
Assertion: Require protection whilst trying to read the stone tablet just in case the daemon has some plans to use the stone tablets in one form or another and thus screw with me.
Conclusion: Complete reading of tablets in Adventurers guild.
My knowledge is fairly limited on the daemonic language what with it slowly twisting the mind of those whom look at it for to long... But I do have enough skill to extrapolate from the stuff that I do know if it's present. "Hey where can I find the stone tablets for this quest I say to one of the nearby receptionists." They point of towards the storage cupboard that doubles as the library. Anyway lets go!

Assertion: The first rune on the tablet is the mark of Tzaentch.
Conclusion: Do not focus on this rune to much.
Assertion: 9 is mentioned multiple times throughout the 8 tablets.
Conclusion: This is the Tzaentch that I know or at least it's closely related to him.
The daemon in my brain whispers in my ear "NO STOP NO LOOK AT THAT." Oh god I was focusing on the rune of Tazentch and the barriers slightly slipped allowing the daemon to be more active though luckily it's to concerned to make any negative actions at this time. I begin my search throughout the tablet.
Assertion: Possession or something close but with a modifier is mentioned multiple times 3 at this point have been found
Conclusion: 9 deamons will make a possession move at some point.
Assertion: The word for Vanus, appears in the tome though it does have some alternator applied.
Conclusion: The word Vanus is not actually present as it's collector of information and manipulator.
Assertion: The alternator is for daemon.
Conclusion: The thing means daemonic manipulator and information gatherer. A lord of change?
Assertion: the rune for assassination exists in it's entirety and seems to be the main textual focus it appears 72 times over the 8 pages.
Conclusion: The main point is likely something to do with assassination. Further this hints towards there being 1 more page even more deeply.

After a few more hours there seems to be a summoning rune that is floating around in the texts however it's offset and broken between the 8 pieces however 1 of them doesn't actually meetup and only 1 is missing a rune on it's edges. Further they seem to shift between forms even as I look at them and try to focus it's only because of my exceptional memory that I can remember there exacting markings.
Assertion: Missing summoning rune on one of them.
Conclusion: There is a missing stone tablet in this grouping of things.
Assertion: The true meaning can't be judged until the final tablet is recovered.
Conclusion: The meaning has something to do with summoning daemons that likely possess other entities. However it is impossible to truly know until the final tablet has been found.
Assertion: The final tablet cannot be allowed to be reunited with these ones so make it seem like it's complete.
Conclusion: Information manipulation is required. Lie lie and lie again. The truth of this matter cannot be found as completion of tablets will draw people into using them likely why our daemon hunter had only 8 of them on them.
I will split these entities up further hopefully which will likely lessen the maddening effect that they generate.

Last edited:

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
APPRAISED.

> > >
Prison Guard Duty [SC201]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Entering into the reception, Manyvat Adruo handed the report to the nearbiest receptionist and waited that it gets appraised. Afterwards, he planned to go to the tavern.

"So here is my report. A bit messy. But I can say that nothing happened during my night shift. The inmate was inside and somehow stayed quiet for almost half a day. But...

I suppose it's just me, I keep getting this kind of issues recently. Sometimes, I felt like the door was getting pushed from the inside, yet the inmate was chained against the wall. As well of the whispers and mumblings I kept hearing, nothing too bothersome once you get used to it but... I guess I should just be straigthforward. Do you know any reliable and proper doctor in the surroundings?"
Remembering that he heard a lot of odd things about the prison, Manyvat thought that it could be a nice idea to see what’s up with it. First of all, he knows that it is one of the oldest building of the city. Then the question just remains why and where could he find information about it.

Now, which criminal did he have a charge of? The guy was named Smith, just Smith. It was probably a nickname but nobody knew him, neither did he know what was exactly his real name. Apparently, that guy had been here for a while, how many years? It was unknown, however, it seemed that his time had come. Likely-- they forgot about him, nonetheless, the administration was reminded of him and decided to execute him. What kind of crime did he commit? It was not said. All he had to do was to keep an eye on that bastard.

In any case, when his legs led him inside the prison, his nose immediately protested. The stench quickly proved itself to be unbearable, people mustn’t have cleaned this place for years for it to reek so severely. Luckily, one of the guard, quickly aware of his identity, called out to him to lead him to the prisoner he must guard-- now that he thought of it, it was odd. Why did the quest precise that he should guard the prisoner? Usually, a gaoler is responsible of many prisoners, and not only one.

“Manyvat Adruo, the adventurer that took the request, aye? The guy, Smith, is gonna be executed tomorrow morning, so your shift would be this whole evening and night, okay?”
There was no issue as the merchant only nodded. It seemed that Smith’s cell was further inside the prison where the stench did not reach him. That was rather lucky, nonetheless it was not at the deepest of the prison. Just far enough from the entrance to reach another sector which was cleaner and-- more quiet. Each prisoner seemed to be separated from one another. Smith was in the first cell on the right, the most difficult would likely to bear with the silence yet--

A switft but blunt noise reached his hear. Whatever that is, Adruo ignored this sound and simply stayed nearby the door of the cell in which the inmate, Smith, was supposed to stay in.

“Don’t mind those noises, it happens sometimes. Alright, I am gonna leave you, see ya tomorrow.”
The guard who guided him then left him alone in this ashen hallway, neither clean or dirty, just gray, lifeless and colourless. A sneeze left his noise, and then-- only silence replied to him. Usually, this type of cold and sharp stillness would ease his mind. However, it made him unsteady, something felt amiss. Likely--

‘Something’s wrong with me since I arrived here. If only I could know more about that--’
Unwilling to question further his own being, his mind shut down and his body mechanically stopped any movement. As straight as a lance, his thoughts emptied of any emotion, only one thing mattered at the moment: work. Every possible and other thought was immediately cast aside for the sake of work. Putting down any flexibility, he simply waited.

Around two hours later, a guard checked on him. First, his behaviour was normal but at some point his eyes slightly widened as he stared at Manyvat who did not move and greeted him as simply as possible.

“Good evening, my good sir.”
“Gosh, no need to be so tense, although since it’s not in the outer sector, I can understand. But the guy inside is knocked out anyway, so just relax. Ah and yeah, I’ve brought a ration for ye. Can’t leave you starving, can we?”

Slowly returning to his senses, the merchant coughed out of embarrassment and thanked the nameless guard that brought him food, while trying to start a conversation.
“I am sorry for my demeanour… and thank you for the food. How’re you holding out in this place?”

Needing a few seconds before replying to his question, the guard looked at the adventurer and simply proceeded to leave as his job of bringing food was done.
“Meh, you just get used to it at some point. Just know that deeper it is, worse it is. In any case, see you in mmmm… 4 hours I guess?”

Because of those words, Manyvat’s senses returned more quickly than originally expected, now his curiosity regarding the prison itself flared up. So far, it seemed that deeper it is, cleaner it is. Then, it must mean that there are more guards in the inner sectors of the prison? Yet-- considering what was said, they feel the most unsafe in the deepest parts of the prison? Is that not contradictory in a way? Would you not feel more anxious in a unsanitary places with inmates that are able to see other, to chatter, to threaten the guards and so on? Nonetheless-- considering the fog of mystery there is, it may be dangerous for him to seek for what’s hidden.

Few minutes those thoughts were computed, the door behind him began to move, the little light they had-- coming from lanterns, torches, anything you’d prefer-- began to flicker. And then, not even a second after, everything become normal again. A sigh escaped his mouth as he wondered if what he was seeing was real again? Was it another hallucination? To be sure, he needed to check, he pushed the cell’s door and peeked inside only to find-- a man, wearing normal clothes, a shirt in linen with a pants in clothes. Nothing really surprising or intriguing, his hair was dark. Since his head hung down, it was impossible for him to check how his visage looked like.

In any case, the chains still seemed to be deeply built-in the walls. And thus, no worry was to be held. This way, silence came back, haunting the merchant’s hearing, who shall not listen to any whisper or mumble that could be uttered from any mouth-- aside from himself, since he had to eat the ration he was given, only some chewing noises echoed within this hallway. Three hours later, the voices began to be louder, not audible yet, but these slowly intensified-- perhaps, they were waking up? And all the night, the inmates were sleeptalking? Unlikely. In any case, Manyvat began to be tired of it, it would make soon six hours since he began this job. Good thing that nothing happened but staying still, doing nothing and hearing inaudible whispers for six hours straight surely did a number on him.
Nonetheless, a guard arrived, the same one who brought food and noticed the haggard look-- or actually, could he? Still, a question left his mouth as he patted the adventurer’s shoulder.

“Not too hard?”
“Just tired of staying at one place, and not moving. I don’t understand why you need one person to guard one prisoner. On top of that-- I am actually alone in this corridor yet there isn’t only one cell, unless the quest sheet was wrong and I am supposed to keep an eye on this corridor.”

In the end, he ended up complaining about the situation. The guard only let out a laughter as he did not know either, he simply shrugged and left after leaving some words.

“Oh yes, you have 4 hours left. When the next guard comes, you may leave.”
A sigh escaped his mouth, thus 10 hours of work? Guess the toilets shall wait a bit longer before his unavoidable visit. In any case-- the strange phenomenon happened once again, the light flicked, the door moved, a bit more violently. This time, it lasted half a minute. A sigh escaped his mouth and thought--
‘That will happen one more time, and it will be longer, I guess?’

Nothing happened, three hours passed by without nothing happening-- and this happened again. However, the sound lasted way more time. After five minutes, it did not the stop-- the door kept getting pushed.
‘Alright, how much should I bet? There would be nothing but a sleeping inmate inside?’

Fortunately there was nobody to bet with. Again, 5 minutes later, he opened the door and found nothing inside except the inmate, awake but silent. No words were uttered, the convicted simply stared at Manyvat with a crooked smile, the shadow behind him seemed to grow and then, words exited his mouth. Or did it directly enter his mind? It was impossible to know--

‘Asteria.’
And then, unsure about what to do, confused about why the shadow behind him kept growing, the merchant simply stayed still and glared at the prisoner. His legs were paralysed, his smile was frozen. Yet, seconds following this moment, everything just faded. Everything became normal and Smith stared at him and just asked.

“What do you want? Can’t you leave, tomorrow is my last day.”
Seeing that everything was back to normal, his mouth was left agape. He wished to speak about it but he could not and thus-- what could he do? What could he say? Worries about his own sanity began to be mentioned in his mind. Noticing that no replies were given, he looked up and analysed Manyvat’s outfit-- as if he had an idea of who he was, or perhaps was he going to misunderstand.

“Oh? I see. I suppose you are gonna execute me before I can speak now that I’ve woken up.”
“...”
Now, the situation became much more complicated. Adruo could barely compute what had happened earlier that now another issues arose from this talk. Then, his instincts returned, perhaps he could draw information from it, profits may be drawn out. How could he do so? Threatening? No. Maybe acting..
A small flame appeared in Manyvat’s hand, of course, he will not do a thing with it. Only his ears shall listen to ‘Smith’, if only he could get hold of his real name. That would be interesting.

“Of course, you fanatical people always do this shady stuff this way. By purifying those conjurers with the holy flame-- although, you would need a bigger flame.”
“...”

Staying silent was the best option. The moment his voice leaves his throat, he will be unable to act out according to the role he attributed himself to. No, he would simply betray this role. Nonetheless, as he said-- the flame grew, little by little, under the eyes of the perplexed prisoner who wondered if it was normal or not. After all-- in a ‘fanatical’ organisation, as he said, the shady side is never known.
No words were uttered but-- Manyvat simply left, acknowledging that the convicted won’t speak no more. At least, he will provide nothing more interesting, only curses if he kept growing the flame. Then, he had only one last move-- do the unexpected, “sparing” him. Ha. The door behind him closed, and nothing happened except.

“--ah. You got me.”
Unfortunately, the inmate guessed, or so the merchant thought until--
“I would not be able to tell anything anyway. I cannot.”
Why? But he could not ask. Only think of it.
“Now that I think about it, you-- nevermind, you must already know about it?”
No? Not as if he could speak, he could only stay silent.
“Edax.”

Is that even supposed to mean anything? Probably. But silence returned, with more questions-- it did not feel cold. This stillness only felt bitter and frustrating, only more questions were laid down. However, for sure, now he had two clues-- religion and Edax. What is the link between the two? No idea. But at the very least, he knew where to search, nearby anything religious. Would he obtain benefits from it? Perhaps, knowledge. And?

‘Why should I even--’
At the end of night, nothing happened. The inmate was quiet from the moment he arrived until he left. There were some elements that were troubling Manyvat however. Even if nothing, exactly, happened. Three times during the night, the door seemed to be pushed from the inside, the light kept flickering and-- when the merchant checked inside the cell, the convicted was chained against the wall. Quiet and fast asleep. Likely, M-A concluded that something was wrong with his mind, and thus should check a doctor at some point.

At this moment, a guard came in, the one who originally guided him to cell. With a smile on his face, perhaps the execution was not gonna happen within the prison. Who knows? Not Manyvat for sure.
“Good work! Heard no troubles regarding this area, so you can go, your job was finely accomplished. We will take care of him now.”
Nodding to the guard’s words, the merchant left in a hurry, planning to write his report then go to the tavern, to rest his mind.

OOC: I think next time I will try to write it at the first person, it would make more sense I guess~
And been a while since I did it. Although, it may be easier to write.

Last edited:

InsertName

UNAPPRAISED APPRAISED

> > >

Alchemist's Assistant [SC307]
  • Sponsor: Alchemist's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit an alchemist from the Alchemist's Guild.
  • Bring 5 slime cores and 5 healing herbs as payment.
  • Spend the day collecting ingredients for the alchemist.
    • Note: Use a random item generator (A) (B) (C).
    • Pick some ingredients and look for them.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Are you interested in alchemy? Pharmacy? Witchcraft? Ahem.
Thank you for the slime cores and healing herbs.
We can use that to brew a weak healing potion.
Meanwhile, here's a list of more ingredients I want you to find.
Let's see... eye of newt... nightshade... bat guano... hmm...
Come back when you've found them! :blob_evil:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: 1 weak healing potion
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Alchemist Guild cauldrons and equipment
> > >

BigGreen's Quest Report
>>>> After acquiring today's quest "Alchemist Assistant", Gobo and I went too the Guilds Alchemist Hall and met with Charlie again. We told him today if we could be Ms.Rudy's Assistant today, the same as yesterday. He nodded his head and told us to tell Ms.Rudy she owed him one. We met with Ms.Rudy and she explained for today's experiments, we needed to gather 2 Horned Rabbits and a Float Fern. Gobo and I grabbed our suppplies and went outside the city to collect the ingredients.

It took a little bit, but Gobo and I were eventually able to catch 2 Horned Rabbits, by digging a trap near where they ate. Next we went to the riverbed to start looking for Float Ferns. We eventually found one, while walking along side the river, and I picked it up with my Light Magic. Gobo and I had everything we needed so we headed back towards town to turn in our ingredients for the day.

We arrived back in Ms.Rudy's lab and she told us to complete our quota of 5x weak healing potions. We successfully created our 5x weak healing potions easily and after that we helped Ms.Rudy with her own experiments. Luckily it didn't end up a failure like yesterday and Ms.Rudy was quite delighted about the concoction. At the end, Ms.Rudy gave us today's quest report and had us leave. Before we left we heard something about a"Youth Potion"?<<<<
Today's Inventory
-10g Room and Board

-5x Slime Cores

-5x Twin-Flowered Herbs

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Vicious was not pleased when she reached the outskirts of the mountain again. Because she had gone to the effort of slowing her speed to match a horse's, take breaks every time mealtime came around, and get proper sleep for once in order to confirm how long the journey would take for the average merchant convey. To be fair, her legs were still rather sore which prevented her from running at maximum speed, but still. Meanwhile, Sanguine flew overhead, easily keeping up despite being barely out of fledging status---that irked her a little as well.

What displeased her even more was the realisation of exactly how the barrier worked. She had kept her eyes on the mountain for the entirety of the first day, and when she checked again at evening, she'd made far more progress than her previous visit. Just to confirm her theory Vicious spent the second day doing the exact same thing.

If you don't keep your eyes on it frequently while running, the barrier nudges you off course just so slightly, making you waste time on detours. And I have no evidence to back it up as of now, but I believe once someone foreign makes it a good way to the mountain, Sora would detect them coming. Although, it's possible that the barrier has weakened further...I hope not.

With this in mind, the Liberi would reach the barrier on the fifth morning, relatively unbothered by the wild animals on the road. She did meet some strange club-wielding blue-skinned scrawny hunchbacked semi-humanoids some time on the third day, near a smaller mountain on the way, but after she'd demonstrated her proficiency in the fine art of unarmed combat, she was given a wide berth. She also decided to confiscate the strange two-handed wooden mace-like weapon for her temporary own usage. It did resemble a rather long baseball bat after all.

Sadly, she didn't get any chance to use it until the Liberi arrived at the proper entrance of the mountain, a river that flowed all the way from the mountaintop, through the city at the mountain foot. The miko had shown it to her from afar during the return journey on her last visit, and from up close she could appreciate how clean the river was. She could see all the way to the stones at the bottom.

Weird how there's a lack of fish in---whoa!

Vicious rolled to one side to avoid getting a free forehead piercing from a spike of water. Then another came from the side, so she lifted her new acquisition to block...

*Swish*

The Liberi stared at the wooden stump she was now holding, clicked her tongue in exasperation, and tossed it aside. So much for that weapon.

"Hey, not bad! I was going to cut you in half as well, but you managed to avoid injury! Nice! Could I have your name?"

"Depends on who's asking. Or are you the type to hide and launch sneak attacks? If you're going to say something, say it to my face! No one appreciates a gossiper."

Vicious waited several seconds for an answer.

"...Nice try! I don't show my face to strangers."

You almost got convinced there, didn't you?

She kept that comment to herself, and instead gave a short laugh.

"Well, if you won't show yourself willingly, I'll have to resort to force."

"Hoh! Bring it on, then. I'll gladly show you what I'm capable of---what are you doing?"

The girl had taken off her outer clothes, leaving herself in a sleeveless shirt and shorts. She then kicked off her boots as well.

"What else? I'm taking a bath. I worked up quite a lot of sweat on the trip here, you know? And the water is nice and clean, from what I can see. Taking a dip in this weather would feel like paradise, I bet."

Vicious stepped onto the riverbanks.

"WAIT! WAIT WAIT WAIT! You can't just wade in here looking like that! You'll dirty the water!"

"Awh, don't be so stingy. The water's clean, but you still have to boil it before drinking, yanno? Plus, this river will join another a few more miles downstream, and that one's not nearly as clean. And it already passed the city and villages, so me dirtying the water a little shouldn't cause any problems for the people living here, right, Guardian spirit?"

"You're not wrong, but still...Wait, how'd you know that I'm a---"

"Guardian spirit? Educated guess. Also you just admitted to it yourself."

"Nghhhh...! Alright, fine! I'll show myself, so put your clothes back on and stop trying to dip your toes in my river! Watch and be amazed!"

Water bubbled in a circle at the centre of the flowing river, and the self-proclaimed (so far) guardian spirit burst forth from the water's surface. It took the form of an oriental dragon, made of clear water.

"Behold! Guardian of the White River, Seiryuu herself!"

The Liberi wasn't very impressed.

"...Compared to Sora, you look way less intimidating. The scales aren't nearly as shiny either. The only thing that qualifies you as a 'Seiryuu' is the fact that you're taking the form of a 'ryuu'. So I'll call you Sei."

"Well, she's the Miko, so what did you expect---"

Sei.exe stopped responding. Vicious waved her hands before the suddenly-quiet water dragon.

"Hello? Is anyone home?"

Running background scans...
Error identified.
Loading backup data...

Rebooting...

"Hold on a minute! You know the Miko's name, so you obviously have knowledge of the city in the mountains. The barrier didn't fool you either, and I can smell that you're not human...wait, don't tell me, you're the guest that the Miko was talking about?"

Looks like I was right about the detection. As far as early warning systems go, it's not bad. The spirit's a bit thick in the head, though.

"Well, I might be...would it be a problem if I was?"

"OF COURSE IT WOULD! I attacked one of the Miko's guests...ohno ohno ohno ohno ohno ohno..."

Vicious let the water dragon sweat a bit more, before giving a suggestion.

"We can say that we were having a little spar. No harm done, and it wouldn't be a lie either. From the start you weren't striking to kill, anyway."

"You really mean that? Thank the gods...then, would you be heading to Yato? The Miko is quite eager to meet you again. I can bring you all the way to Fuyu if you'd like."

"Hmm...I'll have to trouble you, then. Ah, but don't you have to, like, guard this place or something? Against intruders and stuff."

"Oh, no worries! This dragon construct isn't actually my real body, haha. But so long as the river is nearby, I can do my job pretty quickly. Alright, I'm ready."

As the dragon morphed into a tendril of water and wrapped itself several times around her waist, lifting her above the river, Vicious paled slightly.

"...Hold up just a second. Just how are you planning to get me to Fuyu------"

*****​

A certain girl emptied her stomach in a ditch just outside the gates. An ebony plaque mounted onto the top of the majestic red gate read: ⌈冬街⌋.

“Hrrrk...Oh, my head...Sei, couldn’t you have been more gentler while transporting me...?”

“I’m terribly sorry. Usually I help carry goods and stuff along the White River, so I instinctively carried you like a load of items...Anyway, I think the Miko’s busy attending a meeting at the moment, so we have some free time before she’s expecting you. Have you explored the Winter City yet?”

“Nope, can’t say I have. The tiger brought me to Yato immediately the previous time after all.”

“Then allow me to bring you around and show you the sights as a way to apologise. I think you’ll quite like this place, to be honest.”

Vicious stared at the watery construct hovering above the nearby pond. She didn’t say a word, and neither did Sei, until the dragon seemed to understand.

“Oh, um. Wait here for a bit, I’ll be back in a few minutes!”

Left without much of a choice, the Liberi ended up waiting for more than just a few minutes before someone came rushing out of the gates. Green hair, glasses, short stature. She couldn’t have been taller than the Liberi’s shoulders. Sanguine landed neatly on the girl’s head, and stayed there.

“Who?”

“Don’t forget me so quickly! It’s the one who brought you here!”

“Oh...Mei, correct?”

“It’s SEI! Wait, it’s not! My name’s Seiryuu!”

“So the shortened form would be Sei. That’s fine, right?”

“Ye---no! I mean, I don’t mind it if you call me that, but at least---”

“It’s settled then. Sei it is.”

“......”

Two girls walked on the busy streets. Every now and then the shorter girl would wave to the passer-bys who smiled and waved in return. Vicious decided to ask a question about partway.

“By the way, Sei, you’re supposedly the Seiryuu, right?”

“Drop the ‘supposedly’ please! I’m a true blue Azure Dragon!”

“And yet nothing about you suggests ‘azure’. Anyway, what I wanted to ask is this: If there’s a ‘Seiryuu’ in this city, are there also the other three?”

“Well, you’ve already met Byakko. The remaining two are...complicated. You’ll know if you spend more time in this city, assuming the Shogun doesn’t…”

“Doesn’t what? And who’s our white tiger?”

The dragon chose to ignore the first question, instead smiling a bit too quickly as she looked away.

“You didn’t know? I figured you wouldn’t forget so quickly, given how he shot you up the mountain the last time---”

“HE’S Byakko?! That tiger bastard who fired me like I was a clump of rocks in a siege machine?”

“Uhm...yeah, afraid so. Uhm, Vicious, your eyes are scaring me.”

“Pay no mind to it. Instead, Sei, could you show me around some of the better blacksmithing shops? I’m looking to procure a weapon or two.”

“Uhm, sure…”

*****​

After she’d gotten her hands on a little something, the summons came in the form of a tiger, who grinned, casual as ever, even as Vicious glared at him. A short flight later, the girl entered the mountain city properly and looked up at the gates. Same plaque as the one down the mountain, except the words carved into them were different.

---⌈夜卜街⌋

“Eternal Night City.”

Sora was waiting right below it.

“Yep, that’s been it’s name since the beginning...Eh? You can read those characters, Vicious?”

“Just a little bit. I picked it up strictly as a hobby, so don’t expect too much of it.”

By the way, Sanguine was at Seiryuu’s place. The supposed Azure Dragon had taken a liking to him and borrowed him off Vicious for a while, and the girl had shrugged and agreed when Sanguine didn’t kick up too much of a fuss.

“Don’t worry. The city’s not that old-fashioned, so you shouldn’t have much language problems here. Although the older ones might not be able to communicate as fluently, but I think it should be fine so long as you speak slowly. Ah, this way please.”

The two passed through a long corridor, the tiger following closely behind. To the right was a circular doorway leading to some kind of garden. Vicious sniffed the air.

“Herbs?

“Mhm. Some plants are too delicate to be planted on the ground, so we cultivate them up here.”

“Oh. What about those?”

“The giant urns? We keep dried grain in them to last us through the months, should it be a bad year of harvests. Although, with how the mountain’s blessing works, we’re basically overflowing with food.”

The girl’s ears perked up at ‘blessing’.

“Tell me more.”

“Maybe later. We’ve reached the Shogun’s house.”

“Wait, this rickety pile of timber is her house? I thought it was that large and posh building over there.”

“Oh, no, that’s the ceremonial hall. We dedicate burnt offerings to our deity twice every year, during the summer and winter solstice. I’ll bring you there for a look later if you want.”

“I’d appreciate it, thank you very much.”

The tiger pushed the doors open and entered without knocking---evidently he’d done it plenty of times. Sora took her by the hand and started pulling her inside.

“Madam, she’s here!”

The door opened to a small room that would have fitted three bathtubs nicely, and the occupant glanced up at her visitors. Books were scattered everywhere.

“So you’re the adventurer. Vicious, was it?”

The girl, on the other hand, was stunned.

“Wait, a moment please.”

She counted the numbers off her fingers.

“Sei, water spirit. Tai’Ge, tiger. That’s two of the four. Sei said that the remaining two are temporarily unavailable, so that makes up the Four Symbols.”

That knowledge had come from a blacksmithing colleague of hers at work, and there was something about the story...Something she was forgetting.

I think there was a tale about the four symbols guarding the yellow dragon or something...wait a minute.

She’d been quite exhilarated when Sora transformed into a dragon and brought her back to Scribel. But what colour were Sora’s scales in dragon form?

Golden.

Okay, so the Shogun isn’t the yellow dragon. But those antlers of hers definitely ain’t deer antlers, huh...no ways about it, then.

“Pardon the rudeness, but can you fly?”

“Will knowing the answer be beneficial to our current conversation?”

“Yes, actually. I can’t focus properly when questions are going on inside my head.”

“Perhaps you should replace your head, then. But yes, I can, though I don’t usually do it. So could we get back to the current discussion?”

“Umu. Sora mentioned that you were looking to procure the help of adventurers.”

“Perhaps I am. But I have seen your proposal, adventurer, and pray tell me this; why should I set aside a piece of land in the Winter City for your guild’s use, alongside offering benefits and waiving taxes? My soldiers are not weak, as I’m sure you’ve seen.”

“A fair point, Madam. But I’m also sure that you are aware that beyond the mountain and the forest is no longer the land which you once called home. Your Miko has mentioned this quite a while ago, I’m sure, and the implications of that you very well know. A new land comes with new demands, and with those new demands come a new source of trouble---which your city isn’t too equipped to be facing at the moment, if I may say it plainly.”

The Shogun drummed the surface of her wooden desk.

“Go on.”

“Furthermore, I’m sure you’re one of the first to receive the news, and it’s hardly news now to say that the barrier covering the whole mountain is not as effective as it has once been. I have been told that another adventurer made a trip down here after my first visit---”

“The blacksmith? He got diverted by the barrier’s effects, and never even made it to the villages in the forest. I am uncertain what he saw, but Sora can tell when a foreigner is approaching our mountain. He got about halfway, lingered in the same area for a day and some, then turned and left. The barrier is working as intended.”

“Maybe it is. But can you guarantee that the barrier will work every time? It’s my second visit here, and the barrier’s subtle misdirection is already no longer working on me. Once someone sees through the trick, it loses its effectiveness. Furthermore, it doesn’t work on common monsters, does it?”

The Shogun shot Sora a cross look.

“I suppose the Miko told you all about it.”

“Not really, actually. I just took another educated guess, and once again you’ve confirmed me correct. After all, if the barrier turns away monsters, then why have such a sizable standing force of guards? The Eternal Night and Winter Cities are both rather orderly even without.”

“You little...fine. I admit the barrier doesn’t repel monster attacks. But the mountain has always been a sacred place to our patron deity, and monsters hardly ever attack. So even without the barrier, the guards should suffice.”

At that moment, Vicious decided that the Shogun before her was just as difficult as another colleague back home. So she should deal with her in the same way.

“You’re ignoring the Savras in the bushes, Madam. I have no doubt that this mountain is very holy, given that I’ve spent some days here. However, even your patron deity might have trouble influencing matters in a different world and you know it’s the truth. Your guards are doubtlessly a fine bunch as well, given who trains them, but they have not yet fought against the monsters of these lands. Beastmen make for amazing fighters, and I should know that, but there are various other powerful organisations in this world as well. Over in the distance is a huge empire of human supremacists looking to conquer and unite everything under their banner, while Sarkaz and assassins lurk in the shadows. Look down not on torches, else the darkness will surprise you when the campfire dies.”

The Shogun drummed on her desk for a few more minutes, silent. Eventually she lifted her hand and spoke again.

“How do I know that I can trust you and this guild of yours? Fuyu Machi has been home to the beastmen for centuries. We haven’t had humans walking on these streets for decades. How am I to know that adventurers won’t cause troubles here?”

“Oh, that’s easy. You can’t.”

The older woman’s eyebrows raised. Vicious continued.

“The guild and an assassin’s syndicate, in my opinion, operate in similar ways---you submit work details, we perform them for you, and you pay us in gold. The difference comes in the form of specific work details; to my knowledge the guild does not blatantly accept requests to assassinate random people on the street, or lightly get mixed up in large-scale incidents such as war. We are not a mercenary organisation, after all, even though I admit the differences can be practically nonexistent. To put it simply---as long as you have the coin to pay us with, we’ll do your jobs for you. Similarly, as long as we are being paid, we’ll do our best to fulfil the objectives. And while I’m sure adventurers here will change things, the guild does have a reputation to uphold in order to function, after all...we’ll take care of troublemakers from our side.”

“Then, what if I asked you alone to work for me…”

“No can do, Madam. I’m here today as a member of the Adventurer’s Guild, not as the individual Vicious. I cannot make any rash promises that may not be able to be fulfilled.”

“...”

Unexpectedly, the Shogun laughed.

“Hah! I thought not. Fine, I’ll give this proposal some more careful consideration, but no promises. Meanwhile, you should go for a walk around the Eternal Night City, and take a look at what our city has to offer. I’m sure Sora would be glad to be your guide.”

The miko’s face said everything.

*****​

“Haah~ As expected, the air up here smells great and the scenery is peaceful too. The trip up the mountain is harrowing, but for what it’s worth, I’d live here if I could...actually, Sora, now that I think about it, the Shrine grounds are quite massive, aren’t they? Your family must be quite well-off.”

“Hm? Not really, I think. Rather, property prices here aren’t that high, you know? The Shogun’s, um, treasurer takes care of selling and buying land and building stuff on that land, but if you help out with harvesting materials and construction the price gets cheaper by a whole lot. And we’re quite lax about it so long as you don’t go crazy and chop the whole forest down or something.”

“Seriously? How much does a piece of land big enough to build a small house cost here?”

The miko leaned in closer to whisper directly into Vicious’ ear.

EHHHH?! That's cheap! If the guild does end up setting a branch here, I’m buying a house for sure! The atmosphere here is great, my meals here so far have been amazing, and the market’s filled with nice stuff, and most importantly, I can stroll around the city at night without worrying about getting shanked in the side alleys. It’s like a little piece of heaven here and I’d love for it to continue that way. Ah, but that’s only if the Shogun agrees to the terms though...”

“It’s probably fine. I was watching you make that sales pitch, and I reckon she’s pretty convinced already. She’s just a bit too proud to admit it sometimes. By tomorrow morning I think you’ll be able to go back to Scribel and tell your guild that the Shogun is willing to accede.”

“That’s great news...by the way, Sora, you mentioned that the adventurer after me lingered in the same area for more than a day. Where exactly was he waiting?”

“Uhm…”

The Miko was rather hesitant.

“Some kind of sacred place, perhaps? I’ll stop asking if that’s the case.”

“Oh, no, not the way you think. In fact, I’d argue that it’s more of a cursed place than a sacred place. Now, I’ve no idea of knowing if it changed positions in the shift or not, so it could have been another mountain, but if he did end up where I think he did...well, a day’s journey away in our old world led to a place where the departed was exhumed. I never visited the place more than once of twice a year, but some of the elders in the villages would know. It’s a place where the boundary between life and death practically doesn’t exist.”

“So, ghosts.”

“Pretty much, yeah. It’s almost noon, so let’s go get some lunch. That reminds me, you were asking about it earlier, weren’t you? The mountain’s blessing. Within the mountain is a leyline from our old world, so mana is in abundance around here. Crops grown here and ores mined here naturally contain some measure of mana in them, and we use them to make amazing enchanted pieces. You picked up that kanabo from the market in the Winter City, didn’t you?”

“Yep. Cost me a pretty penny. But it’s quite worth it, I think. Material’s harder than steel but lighter than iron and has that traditional feel to it as well. It’s definitely a weapon forged for the battlegrounds. What’s this thing socketed into the handle, though?”

“Oh! A magatama. They signify something to the carver, although what exactly I do not know. But that’s a good kanabo---you take care of it, it’ll take care of you.”

“Yeah, it’d better. My wallet feels about three hundred coins lighter. Which reminds me, is everyone here vegetarian?”

“What? No! That’s a horrible idea! Imagine plant-eating dragons and tigers. No one would take them seriously ever again.”

“Eh? But won’t the rabbit or boar beastmen complain if rabbits and boars get eaten by the tiger and lion beastmen?”

“Oh, so that’s why you asked? Pffft! Well, let me ask you; do you eat chicken or duck meat?”

“Fair point. A matter of perspectives, is it? Also, is this place overflowing with jade or what? The market was chock full of jade carvings and stuff. The price was oddly lower than expected too. And the weird paper slips pasted everywhere.”

“Well, I did say the mountain was blessed. Last I checked, apparently socketing a piece of jade to any item gives it a bonus effect. Let me see that kanabo again...yep, it’s enchanted. The paper slips are talismans, by the way. We use them to ward off evil spirits and counteract bad luck.”

“Huh. Do they actually do anything, or are they just there to make the place look brighter?”

“Hey, that’s mean! I spend a lot of time and magical power to write those, you know! At least pretend they work rather well or something around me! Hmph!”

“Kidding, kidding. So, what’s for lunch? You’ve gone and gotten my expectations up with all that blessing talk, so I’m looking forward to a good meal. Or will the Miko of Eternal Night prepare it for me personally?”

“Well, I don’t usually make food unless there’s an extra set of helping hands around, mhm? The guest room’s empty if you and Sanguine want to stay the night, also.”

“Hah! I’ll take advantage of that kindness, then.”
"Well, miss Vicious, it's good that you had a safe trip this time around.

"And while I certainly can see that you measured the distance and notified us of the barrier's effect, while also trying to convince the Shogun that putting the guild in the city would be appreciated... You didn't quite determine rather it would be truly worthwhile for a new branch to be made, did you?

"That said, you did highlight some of the things available in Fuyu Machi that make it appealing... But I think mister Gem wanted more than that.

"I'll have to add a small penalty to your rewards, though do know that I am pleased with your actions, and I'm sure the guild is as well.

"May the gods help you find that which you need the most."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 40G

Euka

Quest - Evaluated
> > >
City Guard Training
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?
A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...
But here you'll have learn how to work as a team.
You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs).
Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam.
Either you all pass or you all fail!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License
> > >
Having well rested enough, I can finally do some jobs. Looking at the quest board a lot of the jobs a want to take need me to take this job first. I can imagine the training would be in field of a conscript training, but what about Iris? She doesn't really know on what to do on a daily basis, much less so if military tactics are involved. If she doesn't take this job then I can't her on future jobs, guess I'll have to watch over her again as per usual. Hope nothing too drastic happens during the training.

Iris and I head over to the barracks as soon as the first light of a new day was seen. We head over inside the barracks and the first thing I noticed were a couple on younglings having a chat on open ground. Observing the training grounds were a couple of track courses, weight, sparring weapons, even a couple of training dummies.

As we were nearing them, their chatter began to quiet down as we grew near them. We took our distance with them. Some of them continued with their chatter while other were noticeably whispering among themselves while looking at us. I don't really mind since it doesn't bother me, looking at Iris.... Yea she's still the same, didn't even consider glancing towards them. How cold....

I hear a loud bang and look to where it came from, I see a well dressed man coming our way. His body is well toned for combat and judging from his sharp glare at us, I guess he's our training officer.

"Fall in!"

He shouted so loud that all of the people chattering in the quickly froze, except for us that is. I stand firm in my stance with my hands behind my back whilst Iris.... well... she just stood beside me.

"I said fall in pipsqueaks! Or did your mother forget to clear ears for ya?!"

With that last shout the frozen people scrambled to their positions. It only took a couple of seconds for a formation to form. It was a parallel formation of two lines each with four people.

"Took you dogs long enough. Now listen up! I'll be your training officer for this course. You will address me as sire and no more. Any mishaps and I'll chop your dicks off so that you won't go making more idiots."

A bit harsh but ok.... Quickly peeking glancing at the other guys, I can see some of them frowning from discomfort. The officer started inspecting us one by one whilst adding an insult per person, he took a quick look at me and barely said any insult.

"The hell are you here for?"

"To follow."

I answered as such and he reacted with a smirk before lastly moving on to Iris. He took his time inspecting Iris, more specifically in her chest. Even though she's heavily wearing a robe, her breasts still protrude from her suit that one can wonder at their size. The officer would occasionally lecherously take a peek at her chest while pretending to look at her other parts. Seeming satisfied enough, he moves closer to her and tries to life her face up. To which Iris only stares at him aimlessly and a cold air suddenly surrounds her. The officer was surprised in the sudden cold air near him that he took a step back.

"Iris."

I called out her to which she responded with returning the air back to normal. The officer heard me call her name and stares at me with envy, I heard him click his tongue before moving back a bit for all of us to see clearly.

"So you want to all want to be a city guard huh? You better be tough enough to take a beating cause if I see any of you cry, then I'll personally throw you out myself."

We quickly went through the introductions amongst ourselves, to which I took this time to check up on Iris.

"Owner... Iris do bad?...."

"No, you did well. This time's special."

"Special?"

"Yea, special. So for today no hurting of people too much ok?"

I had taken the warning from Solet' Luna before and tried to lecture Iris not let anyone do anything to her or have her do something, even if it's more my sake. She may have taken it too literally.... Iris nods and the officer divides into two pairs of four. Luckily enough Iris and I are on the same pair. The first part of the training was a physical exam, not too hard on me but I had to constantly keep watch on Iris. Her body constitution isn't too great on endurance tests but not terrible either. I thought she would struggle in strength/power test, but she barely manage to do so. Maybe those wood chopping jobs made her a bit stronger. The four of us as a team didn't struggle much as did the other team. Sparring with dummies was really simple for me, especially when I'm using a lance. The training weapons were made out of wood, but felt heavier than normal. They probably increased the weight by filling the center with metal.

Training ended and it was time for the final exam.

"Alright pipsqueaks, time for your last test. This will be a team battle. Winners will skim through and losers will get a harsher training. Oh and this is pretty obvious, don't kill anyone cas if you do... well let's hope the warden is as nice as me."

Figures, it was pretty obvious when they separated us. Our team consists of two swordsman, one lancer, and one mage. We could do a diamond formation with me as the frontline center, and the swordsmen slightly behind me at the sides to counter any damage I mitigate. Iris will be at the back supporting us. I tell the other two of my plan only for someone to rebuke me.

"Who the hell said you were in charge? Just cas you got hottie with tits with you doesn't mean you're hot stuff!"

He must be one of the people whispering before, well he's not wrong that I don't have the right to lead. But there's gotta be a limit on your irrationality when a fight is right infront of you. I can't really remember his name so I'll just call him idiot, since I'm getting that vibe from him.

Looking at the opposing team, I see two melee types with two mage types. They'll most likely form a box formation.

"I say we charge straight through, two melees wont stand a chance against three melees. That bitch of yours can get rid of their magic by casting magic over their mages."

Hey now.... that wasn't necessary. Outnumbering is a valid option, if they didn't have support that is. I want to offer my advice but I think he'll just ignore it or make up an excuse. I'll just save my breath on him. The other guy didn't say much even during the introduction, he barely even mentioned his name. You would think he was the same Iris but the major difference is that his eyes are swimming around and moving nervously. I might call him Timid. Looking at my team mates, this might be a challenge to pull through.

"All right settling time is over! Match is over until all combatants of the opposite team can't fight anymore."

With that announcement from the officer, we all take our formation. The enemy team surprisingly took a Y-formation, while we took.... well we're all over the place since we didn't establish one.

"Iris stay close behind. Don't kill anyone."

She nods and with the signal from the officer, the fight starts.

Idiot immediately rushes at the signal with Timid slightly behind him. I run forward with my buckler up while pointing my spear at the enemy, Iris was steadily following behind me. Idiot finally made it to the enemy and was immediately met with balls of fire, he would swing at the fire only to have his burned, distracted by the pain he was hit with a blunt axe and was knocked out while his head was bleeding.

Meanwhile Timid was fighting against a spear wielding type. He was carrying the spear with two hands while I only needed one. Timid was struggling to close the gap due to a range disadvantage. Although he would try to parry it and advance, the spear wielder would retreat and fire magic would seen being flung over him. Timid would try to dodge but one of the fireballs hit him which made him stagger. Not missing this chance the spear wielder took a quick jab at his abdomen and Timid bent over from the pain as he spat out his drool. He wasn't knocked out yet so spear guy did I wide swing to his head. I arrived on time and redirected his swing upward with my spear. Timid looks up to me while his drool was dripping from his mouth and snot running down from his nose.

"Get up and get behind me."

Timid weakly limps back while dragging his sword. Axe guy and spear guy become wary of me and take their distance, neither would approach me. I saw fireballs fly over them and head towards me. I can't move or else the two behind me will get hit. I faced the fireballs upfront and took the hits while shielding my face with the buckler. Damn! It fucking hurts! I can feel my exposed skin sizzling from the fire, even though it hurts I can endure more before I become charcoal.

While trying to recover my stance, axe guy takes an overhead swing at me but I deflect it with the buckler and he staggers a bit. The spear guy follows with a thrust to my abdomen, to which it was slightly altered to the side by Timid.

Timid runs to spear guy while grinding his sword against his spear, preventing spear guy from retreat nor swing the spear. Once timid get close enough, spear guy just retracts his weapon close to his chest and hits him with the butt of the spear. Surprised by this, Timid successfully blocks it but can't recover from the recoil of the impact, Using this chance, spear guy swing down his spear over to Timid's neck. He gets knocked out and is out of the fight.

Two on four huh.... This is bad.... Not much I can do with those mages backing them up.

I look at Iris while trying to come up with a plan. She stares at me with glint in her eyes.

"Iris believe Reival..... Reival believe Iris....."

Hah... don't say cheesy lines infront of the enemy. Well as long as I'm standing, I won't let them pass through. With my resolve I ready my stance and see the two melees back off. Shortly after a volley of fireballs are coming towards me. This again huh.... Fine! I'll all of them!

Resolving myself, white mist covers me and I could feel the air drop all of a sudden. Is this Iris' doing? The fireballs heading towards me dissipated and I could see the shocked faces of the mages from afar. The melees weren't fazed though as they tried to do a follow up.

The axe guy tried to strike Iris down but I was fully prepared, I'm not gonna waste the chance Iris gave to me. I forcefully slammed his axe away with my buckler slightly downwards and followed up with an uppercut to his jaw, dislocating it. I knocked him down on his back but not out. He tries to get back up but I wouldn't let him. I thrust my buckler down on his face and he gets knocked out with blood dripping from his nose.

Spear guy tries to take a jab at me while I try to recover from my position. I drop my spear and slipped the thrust under my arm. I grabbed the body of the spear and pulled it, surprised by the strength of the pull spear guy didn't let go which let me grab him by the neck. He struggled to have me loosen my grip by punching or kicking me. I could feel it but it hardly hurts. I repeatedly punch him with the buckler as he recoils from each hit, until he is knocked unconscious while having snot and drool come out.

I toss him away and pick up my spear, the mages face turn pale from seeing their vanguard get taken out. Desperately they threw fireballs at me, to which I respond by charging with my spear pointed at them. Some fireballs hit me, but I didn't care. I got near one the mages and thrusted my spear to his shoulder. It didn't penetrate due to the blunt tip but it definitely dug deep. The mage screamed in pain while on the ground, I merely drove the buckler to his stomach to shut him up, and it did.

With the last one standing, the mage panicked and casts an all out fire spell at me. The giant fireball that is half the size of me was flung towards me. I could guard against it but that'll definitely leave burning mark on me. Seemingly prepared for it, the giant fireball was blocked something invisible while at the same time I could see the mage being bombarded with blue rocks. Many hit his body and head until he finally surrendered.

"That's enough!"

The officer stopped the fight announced the winner, which was us. All of the unconscious people were transferred to a medical room while me and Iris laid back under a shade to relax. The officer got an annoyed face when he took a look at us, I get the feeling he was planned something the fight, but I don't have evidence so I can't much about it. I pet Iris' head to which she just squints her eyes in delight.

"You did well."

"Iris do good?"

"Yea, really good"

"Iris happy... Iris do good... Reival happy...."

We enjoyed our relaxing leisure time we earned and soon went to the guild to file a report. I'm going to need to cool the body in the river from my slight burns.

Greetings to you Guild

We have partaken such course for the City Guard position, although I question the final exam methods of pinning against each other in combat, we have succeeded such so without fail. I also question the character of the officer in charge of us in the duration of the training. His behavior is rather unprofessional to say the least. Nevertheless I will continue to serve until such impairment forces me to settle.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

Evaluation Report

OOC: I may have gone a bit overboard with the story length >.<
OOC: Yay for 2.4k words.... >.> *sweats profusely*

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
The runes say that it summons 9 demons that you can control and order to kill one target each. This is upon completion of the proper ceremony also talked about and the proper tablet placement. The demons once they have completed there task will then take control of the nearest person to the target they killed. Hence I will not teach you how to decipher them sorry for the inconvenience but allowing daemonic possession is not in anyone's best interests. The runes are required for the summoning so I will not be able to use it protect them at all costs.

Further store these tablets under lock and key and hidden from any viewers they have a mind manipulation effect and will bring madness on the person who is looking at them. All tomes appear to be present and the spell relates to a being known as the deceiver he's associated with the numbers 8 and 9. Further more keep them separated from each other. Recommend leaving one in the safe keeping of the guild.- AIEO
Assertion: Possibility of these articles helping me control the daemon in my head.
Conclusion: If possibility of the daemon being weakened in such a manner exists I must take it.
Assertion: Require protection whilst trying to read the stone tablet just in case the daemon has some plans to use the stone tablets in one form or another and thus screw with me.
Conclusion: Complete reading of tablets in Adventurers guild.
My knowledge is fairly limited on the daemonic language what with it slowly twisting the mind of those whom look at it for to long... But I do have enough skill to extrapolate from the stuff that I do know if it's present. "Hey where can I find the stone tablets for this quest I say to one of the nearby receptionists." They point of towards the storage cupboard that doubles as the library. Anyway lets go!

Assertion: The first rune on the tablet is the mark of Tzaentch.
Conclusion: Do not focus on this rune to much.
Assertion: 9 is mentioned multiple times throughout the 8 tablets.
Conclusion: This is the Tzaentch that I know or at least it's closely related to him.
The daemon in my brain whispers in my ear "NO STOP NO LOOK AT THAT." Oh god I was focusing on the rune of Tazentch and the barriers slightly slipped allowing the daemon to be more active though luckily it's to concerned to make any negative actions at this time. I begin my search throughout the tablet.
Assertion: Possession or something close but with a modifier is mentioned multiple times 3 at this point have been found
Conclusion: 9 deamons will make a possession move at some point.
Assertion: The word for Vanus, appears in the tome though it does have some alternator applied.
Conclusion: The word Vanus is not actually present as it's collector of information and manipulator.
Assertion: The alternator is for daemon.
Conclusion: The thing means daemonic manipulator and information gatherer. A lord of change?
Assertion: the rune for assassination exists in it's entirety and seems to be the main textual focus it appears 72 times over the 8 pages.
Conclusion: The main point is likely something to do with assassination. Further this hints towards there being 1 more page even more deeply.

After a few more hours there seems to be a summoning rune that is floating around in the texts however it's offset and broken between the 8 pieces however 1 of them doesn't actually meetup and only 1 is missing a rune on it's edges. Further they seem to shift between forms even as I look at them and try to focus it's only because of my exceptional memory that I can remember there exacting markings.
Assertion: Missing summoning rune on one of them.
Conclusion: There is a missing stone tablet in this grouping of things.
Assertion: The true meaning can't be judged until the final tablet is recovered.
Conclusion: The meaning has something to do with summoning daemons that likely possess other entities. However it is impossible to truly know until the final tablet has been found.
Assertion: The final tablet cannot be allowed to be reunited with these ones so make it seem like it's complete.
Conclusion: Information manipulation is required. Lie lie and lie again. The truth of this matter cannot be found as completion of tablets will draw people into using them likely why our daemon hunter had only 8 of them on them.
I will split these entities up further hopefully which will likely lessen the maddening effect that they generate.
"Seems like you obtained enough information to clear the task at hand, miss Aeio, good job.

"May your emperor help you through future tasks."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 45G

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
Office Work [SC104]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >

Quest Report - Briele

Just a quick update, really.

The librarian is letting me work here, so I guess I've spent my past few days reading Quest Reports?

I hope people like the articles I've been writing, although I'm not sure if anybody reads them.

There is a huge backlog of loose ends that nobody has bothered to follow up on. I wonder if I should post a Quest Report for each one?

Anyhow, it pays surprisingly well to work in the Library.

Today I decided to do more paperwork in the office though.

It was really busy, and altogether not that exciting to talk about.

I think some people might have looked at me strange because I look like a kid.

But no matter how I look, I have the heart of an adult, okay?!

I just want an ordinary job.

I'm pretty happy with this actually.

Overall, I'm quiet at work. I just keep my head down and stamp papers.

I think the less people that I get involved with, the better.

The day goes by fairly quickly.

Summary:
  • Briele is working in the Library
  • Briele spent a day doing paperwork

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest Report - Unevaluated
Office Work [SC104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >

Quest Report - Briele

Just a quick update, really.

The librarian is letting me work here, so I guess I've spent my past few days reading Quest Reports?

I hope people like the articles I've been writing, although I'm not sure if anybody reads them.

There is a huge backlog of loose ends that nobody has bothered to follow up on. I wonder if I should post a Quest Report for each one?

Anyhow, it pays surprisingly well to work in the Library.

Today I decided to do more paperwork in the office though.

It was really busy, and altogether not that exciting to talk about.

I think some people might have looked at me strange because I look like a kid.

But no matter how I look, I have the heart of an adult, okay?!

I just want an ordinary job.

I'm pretty happy with this actually.

Overall, I'm quiet at work. I just keep my head down and stamp papers.

I think the less people that I get involved with, the better.

The day goes by fairly quickly.

Summary:
  • Briele is working in the Library
  • Briele spent a day doing paperwork
"STAMP."
Rewards:
Gold 10 G

Drevart

evaluated
Healing Herbs [SC102]
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G
A bare-chested young man walked into the guild receptionist hall. His hair was still a bit wet and only the lower part of his robe was remaining. His body and clothes smelled a bit like swamp water, muddy with all the plants growing in it.
With a sigh, he presented five small sacks of healing herbs all filled with twin-flowers and along with those he gave a few sheets of paper.
He looked tired. More like exhausted and pale. Even his figure was getting blurry sometimes and the long wound near his ribs was still glowing with pale-gray light.
"Here's my report. My luck was a bit on the shitty side lately so I hope you can forgive me for such an unsightly appearance"
He said to whoever was appraising his report.
"Got into some trouble with local wildlife and now I have to rest for a bit... If everything is fine I hope I can get my reward as quickly ss possible..."

“Hmmm… gathering healing herbs… Even though I have pretty bad luck with wilderness it shouldn’t be that bad… right?”

Drevart decided to go gather some healing herbs for the guild. He wanted to take a little break from all that fighting… especially the last one when he was going to just kill some pests but ended up burning the whole house down with a dead cultist and his undead pet inside…

*Sigh

“Why trouble always find me? First, it was a random wild boar, then a snake with river slimes and after that undead rat plus the cultist… Can’t I get a little rest?”

He was going through the books in the library while mumbling things like this. Yes, another one of his missions started with the library, but this time he wanted to know more about different kinds of healing herbs in the region.

“So Brightweed and Twin-Flowers? Brightweed is pretty much impossible for me to find if it doesn’t have any distinguishing features since I can’t sense mana only Aether.”

Another sigh was heard in the library.

“Then Twin-Flower it is. Also, I guess I shall get some Tri-Flower if possible. And I shall clean the bottles I’ve gotten from the town guard.”

He closed the book and quickly got up from his seat.

“Well, time to go!”

……………………………………………………….

Near the river to the south from Scribel.

“Ouch! You dumb river blob stop shooting at me! I’m not gonna eat your Fishmud grass or Three-Tailed-Sick grass!”

After throwing his broken blade at the shooting river slime and luckily hitting it with the sharp part of the blade, the slime was slashed and it was quickly washed away with the stream. After picking up its core Drevart started cleaning the glass bottles.

“I need to get at least a decently balanced dagger as soon as possible. The balance of this thing is bad as hell…”

He said while carrying his broken blade out of the river.

…………………………………………………………….

“So this is where I can find twin-flowers… Guess I’d better wrap my hands in something…”

He looked at his poor-looking ragged robe with several holes and said with resignation.

“Guess one sleeve will have to go away…”

He quickly used his broken blade to separate the left sleeve from the rest of the robe. After that Drevart made a couple of makeshift wraps around his hands so he won’t get poisoned by accidentally touching tri-flower.

After plowing through the field for half a day he was panting heavily while lying under the tree.

“Who thought that creating such high temperatures would a good idea? Which god was it?! Don’t let me find out or I’ll let them experience hell… when I’m actually strong enough and I will become strong enough just for this reason!!!”

After wailing for a while to went his pent up frustration on the weather and this laborious work he again looked at the field in front of him and he noticed a couple of light-green slimes moving closer. They were quickly gobbling down the remaining twin-flowers. Drevart immediately noticed that herb slimes naturally avoided the poisonous tri-flower and so an idea popped up in his mind.

He took off his robe and separated the upper part. After that, he wore the bottom part and took the upper one to use as an improvised blanket to catch a slime. Yes, he was going to catch a herb slime and use it as a living locator for healing herbs.

He had gotten just two ordinary small sacks of twin-flowers but with these little guys… An evil grin involuntarily appeared on his lips.

……………………………………………………………

Catching herb slimes wasn’t a problem since they were quite calm. They even didn’t try escaping, but… the clothes were wasted. But the plan worked. He managed to quickly find the remaining three pouches of twin-flowers as well as some tri-flowers packed in his bottles.

“Well… I guess I can head back to the guild… But it’s better to sleep first… So which tree shall I pick?”

Drevart asked himself before choosing on a tree and nimbly climbing it and trying to tie himself to the trunk as comfortably as possible, considering that he had only the slimy upper part of his robe.

…………………………………………………………….

Drevart woke up in the middle of the night. He heard some faint rustling of the bushes below. After carefully peeking down he saw a couple of shadows, nimbly moving among the trees. Slim bodies filled with feral grace. He immediately identified these creatures as wolves. Holding his breath he tried to hide. But his plans were destined to fail. Drevart quickly noticed an unusual thing about these wolves. They were circling around the tree he was lying on. They obviously knew that there was a tasty meal waiting for them up there on the tree. When Drevart looked closer he noticed that the fur of the wolves had a light-blue hue to it. After a short moment of contemplation, he remembered a library entry about Biome wolves. The ones underneath the tree may very well be just those…

After a quick thought he decisively took out his broken shortsword and straining his mind a bit he managed to make one wolf have the impression that he was too far from the tree, so it would come closer.

/Four… Three… Two… one…/

Drevart was silently counting in his mind, his breath becoming calmer and quieter, his eyes gradually filling with cold indifference…

When the countdown hit “one” he silently slipped the branch he was sitting on, his sack on his shoulder and the upper part of his robe tied tightly to his waist… he landed precisely on the back of the wold under the tree. It already wanted to throw down the unwanted rider but it noticed a cold glint getting closer and closer to its eye and instead it tried to shrink its head back so the strike would miss.. but the cold glint changed its path too, not for the eye but for the throat… Quick slash and the blood was drawn and sprayed with the fountain glinting beautifully under the moonlight.

/Time to move…/

Drevart used this short moment when the wolves were stunned to dart towards the opening in their ranks. The pack quickly noticed his movement and instinctively tried to lock down his ways of escape but a short moment was all that was needed for Drevart to switch his targets and use Minor Mirage on one of the wolves who tried to block his path by making it believe that it already stood in his path. The wolf immediately stopped and started growling at the empty air and Drevart brushed past it, making a quick slash with his broken sword and slashing the eye open. The wolf howled. Its howl was filled with grievance, pain, and hatred…

After that, a mad race ensued. Drevart, being pursued by a pack of 5 wolves one of which was partially blind. And still, they made him quite injured. His body riddled with small slightly glowing with pale light cuts, some powder-like substance was suspended in his trail, disappearing after a short moment. Drevart had to use his illusions several more times to either get a temporary respite by showing the leader that he went in the other direction or to block the incoming attacks. He was slower than the wolves so he had to use everything in his arsenal to survive. His mind was cold and calculative… how many times was he in a similar situation? Pursued by enemies with no one to rely on, all alone in the dark forest with those who wanted him dead just a breath away…

Suddenly the wolves stopped. Drevart immediately noticed this but when he was already going to rejoice he felt his foot slipping and his whole body started falling. He heard how some bottles in his bag cracked when he got up to his feet. He was in some naturally formed ditch, similar to a small cavern. The moonlight seeping in through the entrance was just enough for him to make out a big shape in the darkness in front of him and he knew… another mad race had to begin.

Covered in mud, leaves and he believed some feces, Drevart was running through the forest again but this time there was only one pursuer.

*Rrroooooaaaar

There was a deafening roar from the ditch he just climbed out from. Wolves were nowhere to be seen. Only gently moonlight illuminating the forest in its silvery glow and some insects creating the regular night forest noises. It would be a beautiful and serene scenery to look at and Drevart would gladly do just that… if he had the chance. Now he needed to run. Run as fast as he could for that his pursuer this time was a bear. A giant bear which put pressure on the surrounding air just by standing there. It was enraged that somebody disturbed its sleep, so it had to tear into pieces anything that was the reason for its early awakening.

/Why being so angry? Just go back to sleep, you fucking bear./

To be honest, Drevart was a bit irritated at how his bad luck was getting him into trouble. First day a boar. The second day a snake and water slimes, the third day he was almost sacrificed to the demon and now… now he was first chased by a pack of wolves and now he is being chased by an even stronger bear…

/Well at least he is alone…/

Drevart tried to find solace in that though. It helped little but nevertheless managed to lift his mood up a little. The only thing kept bugging him was how was he to lose this abominable thing from his tail. Bears can be surprisingly agile and his illusions can provide only a little distraction for this thing, for it is far stronger than the wolves since those didn’t dare to come closer to its resting place.

/A swamp?/

Drevart had an idea when he saw a swamp quite a distance away. His head hurt like hell and even his body became more and more incorporeal. There was nothing he didn’t expect, after all, using his illusions means basically destroying his body since he takes energy from it when his inner storage is empty… and now he can store very little Aether energy and now he had to use it constantly to survive. His body was at its limit. He needed just a short moment… One small moment…

Drevart ducked behind the nearby tree and the bear saw him running parallel to the swamp. Of course, it changed its direction and chased after it’s prey. It was greatly angered, not only was he woken up from its sleep even the culprit of this case was running away and he couldn’t catch up to him. The bear opened its mouth and a couple of sharp, almost invisible to the naked eye wind blades shot out. They were fast. Too fast. The running figure was split into three parts. The bear was already rejoicing in its victory when it noticed that instead of dropping down, like a normal body would the three parts disappeared into the fine mist and dissipating with the wind.

Knowing that it was tricked the bear was enraged even more.

*RRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAR

Its voice reverberating through the forest, a couple of wind blades slashed deep gashes in the nearby trees. After calming down for a bit it started smelling the ground, trying to find any traces of its prey. And indeed, it managed to find some. Right behind that tree, Drevart ducked behind. And those traces lead into the swamp. To be precise, into the water. The bear was standing there, not knowing what to do and after a short contemplation as well as a couple of loud roars and a few wind blades sent into the water in an attempt to blindly hit its prey, the bear decided to return back to its lair and sleep some more. Maybe it would find some trouble with those wolves, who accidentally brought this unlucky star to him…

At the same moment deep under the water… Drevart was holding his breath as long as he could. There was quite a big gash near his ribs. One of the wind blades almost hit him buat at the last moment he managed to turn his heavy body a little, so only a wound was left. At least he was alive. After he couldn’t hold his breath anymore, Drevart started swimming to the surface and with some struggle, he managed to get to the shore. His chest was coming up and down in rapid, heaving motions. Each inhaling or exhaling was followed by a searing pain in his lungs… or whatever was substituting them for him.

“What a terrible night…”

He mumbled quietly and lost consciousness.

……………………………………………

Drevart woke up almost at noon. His wound was still there, glowing with pale-gray light, but it wasn’t as serious as before. He will still need a couple of days to get over it, but it should be fine. First of all, he checked his bag and winced in grimace when noticed that three bottles with tri-flowers became squashed and two were cracked. Only one bottle survived the night undamaged. The young man sighed in resignation and after noticing that all the healing herbs he gathered before that were all ruined during the mad run and swimming in the latter stages so he had to gather more… Thankfully he already had the tactic. Catch a herb-slime and use it as a radar to find twin-flowers easily…

So in the evening, he was already going back to town. After all the gathering Drevart decided to wash himself a bit in the river and was a bit cleaner now even though he still had a light swamp and mud smell coming from his clothes as well as his upper part was completely bare since he used it to catch slimes and it became unusable after a short while.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Appraisal
> > >
Prison Guard Duty [SC201]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
> > >

Entering into the reception, Manyvat Adruo handed the report to the nearbiest receptionist and waited that it gets appraised. Afterwards, he planned to go to the tavern.

"So here is my report. A bit messy. But I can say that nothing happened during my night shift. The inmate was inside and somehow stayed quiet for almost half a day. But...

I suppose it's just me, I keep getting this kind of issues recently. Sometimes, I felt like the door was getting pushed from the inside, yet the inmate was chained against the wall. As well of the whispers and mumblings I kept hearing, nothing too bothersome once you get used to it but... I guess I should just be straigthforward. Do you know any reliable and proper doctor in the surroundings?"
Remembering that he heard a lot of odd things about the prison, Manyvat thought that it could be a nice idea to see what’s up with it. First of all, he knows that it is one of the oldest building of the city. Then the question just remains why and where could he find information about it.

Now, which criminal did he have a charge of? The guy was named Smith, just Smith. It was probably a nickname but nobody knew him, neither did he know what was exactly his real name. Apparently, that guy had been here for a while, how many years? It was unknown, however, it seemed that his time had come. Likely-- they forgot about him, nonetheless, the administration was reminded of him and decided to execute him. What kind of crime did he commit? It was not said. All he had to do was to keep an eye on that bastard.

In any case, when his legs led him inside the prison, his nose immediately protested. The stench quickly proved itself to be unbearable, people mustn’t have cleaned this place for years for it to reek so severely. Luckily, one of the guard, quickly aware of his identity, called out to him to lead him to the prisoner he must guard-- now that he thought of it, it was odd. Why did the quest precise that he should guard the prisoner? Usually, a gaoler is responsible of many prisoners, and not only one.

“Manyvat Adruo, the adventurer that took the request, aye? The guy, Smith, is gonna be executed tomorrow morning, so your shift would be this whole evening and night, okay?”
There was no issue as the merchant only nodded. It seemed that Smith’s cell was further inside the prison where the stench did not reach him. That was rather lucky, nonetheless it was not at the deepest of the prison. Just far enough from the entrance to reach another sector which was cleaner and-- more quiet. Each prisoner seemed to be separated from one another. Smith was in the first cell on the right, the most difficult would likely to bear with the silence yet--

A switft but blunt noise reached his hear. Whatever that is, Adruo ignored this sound and simply stayed nearby the door of the cell in which the inmate, Smith, was supposed to stay in.

“Don’t mind those noises, it happens sometimes. Alright, I am gonna leave you, see ya tomorrow.”
The guard who guided him then left him alone in this ashen hallway, neither clean or dirty, just gray, lifeless and colourless. A sneeze left his noise, and then-- only silence replied to him. Usually, this type of cold and sharp stillness would ease his mind. However, it made him unsteady, something felt amiss. Likely--

‘Something’s wrong with me since I arrived here. If only I could know more about that--’
Unwilling to question further his own being, his mind shut down and his body mechanically stopped any movement. As straight as a lance, his thoughts emptied of any emotion, only one thing mattered at the moment: work. Every possible and other thought was immediately cast aside for the sake of work. Putting down any flexibility, he simply waited.

Around two hours later, a guard checked on him. First, his behaviour was normal but at some point his eyes slightly widened as he stared at Manyvat who did not move and greeted him as simply as possible.

“Good evening, my good sir.”
“Gosh, no need to be so tense, although since it’s not in the outer sector, I can understand. But the guy inside is knocked out anyway, so just relax. Ah and yeah, I’ve brought a ration for ye. Can’t leave you starving, can we?”

Slowly returning to his senses, the merchant coughed out of embarrassment and thanked the nameless guard that brought him food, while trying to start a conversation.
“I am sorry for my demeanour… and thank you for the food. How’re you holding out in this place?”

Needing a few seconds before replying to his question, the guard looked at the adventurer and simply proceeded to leave as his job of bringing food was done.
“Meh, you just get used to it at some point. Just know that deeper it is, worse it is. In any case, see you in mmmm… 4 hours I guess?”

Because of those words, Manyvat’s senses returned more quickly than originally expected, now his curiosity regarding the prison itself flared up. So far, it seemed that deeper it is, cleaner it is. Then, it must mean that there are more guards in the inner sectors of the prison? Yet-- considering what was said, they feel the most unsafe in the deepest parts of the prison? Is that not contradictory in a way? Would you not feel more anxious in a unsanitary places with inmates that are able to see other, to chatter, to threaten the guards and so on? Nonetheless-- considering the fog of mystery there is, it may be dangerous for him to seek for what’s hidden.

Few minutes those thoughts were computed, the door behind him began to move, the little light they had-- coming from lanterns, torches, anything you’d prefer-- began to flicker. And then, not even a second after, everything become normal again. A sigh escaped his mouth as he wondered if what he was seeing was real again? Was it another hallucination? To be sure, he needed to check, he pushed the cell’s door and peeked inside only to find-- a man, wearing normal clothes, a shirt in linen with a pants in clothes. Nothing really surprising or intriguing, his hair was dark. Since his head hung down, it was impossible for him to check how his visage looked like.

In any case, the chains still seemed to be deeply built-in the walls. And thus, no worry was to be held. This way, silence came back, haunting the merchant’s hearing, who shall not listen to any whisper or mumble that could be uttered from any mouth-- aside from himself, since he had to eat the ration he was given, only some chewing noises echoed within this hallway. Three hours later, the voices began to be louder, not audible yet, but these slowly intensified-- perhaps, they were waking up? And all the night, the inmates were sleeptalking? Unlikely. In any case, Manyvat began to be tired of it, it would make soon six hours since he began this job. Good thing that nothing happened but staying still, doing nothing and hearing inaudible whispers for six hours straight surely did a number on him.
Nonetheless, a guard arrived, the same one who brought food and noticed the haggard look-- or actually, could he? Still, a question left his mouth as he patted the adventurer’s shoulder.

“Not too hard?”
“Just tired of staying at one place, and not moving. I don’t understand why you need one person to guard one prisoner. On top of that-- I am actually alone in this corridor yet there isn’t only one cell, unless the quest sheet was wrong and I am supposed to keep an eye on this corridor.”

In the end, he ended up complaining about the situation. The guard only let out a laughter as he did not know either, he simply shrugged and left after leaving some words.

“Oh yes, you have 4 hours left. When the next guard comes, you may leave.”
A sigh escaped his mouth, thus 10 hours of work? Guess the toilets shall wait a bit longer before his unavoidable visit. In any case-- the strange phenomenon happened once again, the light flicked, the door moved, a bit more violently. This time, it lasted half a minute. A sigh escaped his mouth and thought--
‘That will happen one more time, and it will be longer, I guess?’

Nothing happened, three hours passed by without nothing happening-- and this happened again. However, the sound lasted way more time. After five minutes, it did not the stop-- the door kept getting pushed.
‘Alright, how much should I bet? There would be nothing but a sleeping inmate inside?’

Fortunately there was nobody to bet with. Again, 5 minutes later, he opened the door and found nothing inside except the inmate, awake but silent. No words were uttered, the convicted simply stared at Manyvat with a crooked smile, the shadow behind him seemed to grow and then, words exited his mouth. Or did it directly enter his mind? It was impossible to know--

‘Asteria.’
And then, unsure about what to do, confused about why the shadow behind him kept growing, the merchant simply stayed still and glared at the prisoner. His legs were paralysed, his smile was frozen. Yet, seconds following this moment, everything just faded. Everything became normal and Smith stared at him and just asked.

“What do you want? Can’t you leave, tomorrow is my last day.”
Seeing that everything was back to normal, his mouth was left agape. He wished to speak about it but he could not and thus-- what could he do? What could he say? Worries about his own sanity began to be mentioned in his mind. Noticing that no replies were given, he looked up and analysed Manyvat’s outfit-- as if he had an idea of who he was, or perhaps was he going to misunderstand.

“Oh? I see. I suppose you are gonna execute me before I can speak now that I’ve woken up.”
“...”
Now, the situation became much more complicated. Adruo could barely compute what had happened earlier that now another issues arose from this talk. Then, his instincts returned, perhaps he could draw information from it, profits may be drawn out. How could he do so? Threatening? No. Maybe acting..
A small flame appeared in Manyvat’s hand, of course, he will not do a thing with it. Only his ears shall listen to ‘Smith’, if only he could get hold of his real name. That would be interesting.

“Of course, you fanatical people always do this shady stuff this way. By purifying those conjurers with the holy flame-- although, you would need a bigger flame.”
“...”

Staying silent was the best option. The moment his voice leaves his throat, he will be unable to act out according to the role he attributed himself to. No, he would simply betray this role. Nonetheless, as he said-- the flame grew, little by little, under the eyes of the perplexed prisoner who wondered if it was normal or not. After all-- in a ‘fanatical’ organisation, as he said, the shady side is never known.
No words were uttered but-- Manyvat simply left, acknowledging that the convicted won’t speak no more. At least, he will provide nothing more interesting, only curses if he kept growing the flame. Then, he had only one last move-- do the unexpected, “sparing” him. Ha. The door behind him closed, and nothing happened except.

“--ah. You got me.”
Unfortunately, the inmate guessed, or so the merchant thought until--
“I would not be able to tell anything anyway. I cannot.”
Why? But he could not ask. Only think of it.
“Now that I think about it, you-- nevermind, you must already know about it?”
No? Not as if he could speak, he could only stay silent.
“Edax.”

Is that even supposed to mean anything? Probably. But silence returned, with more questions-- it did not feel cold. This stillness only felt bitter and frustrating, only more questions were laid down. However, for sure, now he had two clues-- religion and Edax. What is the link between the two? No idea. But at the very least, he knew where to search, nearby anything religious. Would he obtain benefits from it? Perhaps, knowledge. And?

‘Why should I even--’
At the end of night, nothing happened. The inmate was quiet from the moment he arrived until he left. There were some elements that were troubling Manyvat however. Even if nothing, exactly, happened. Three times during the night, the door seemed to be pushed from the inside, the light kept flickering and-- when the merchant checked inside the cell, the convicted was chained against the wall. Quiet and fast asleep. Likely, M-A concluded that something was wrong with his mind, and thus should check a doctor at some point.

At this moment, a guard came in, the one who originally guided him to cell. With a smile on his face, perhaps the execution was not gonna happen within the prison. Who knows? Not Manyvat for sure.
“Good work! Heard no troubles regarding this area, so you can go, your job was finely accomplished. We will take care of him now.”
Nodding to the guard’s words, the merchant left in a hurry, planning to write his report then go to the tavern, to rest his mind.

OOC: I think next time I will try to write it at the first person, it would make more sense I guess~
And been a while since I did it. Although, it may be easier to write.
"Thank you for your hard work, mister Manyvat... It is sad that anyone must do jobs like those, but I suppose something must be done when people cannot coexist in peace on their own...

"Regarding your request... I do not think there is anything wrong with you, I cannot sense any harmful energy around you right now, so I believe that you should not worry too much about it. If you still wish to search for a doctor though, then I pray The Goddess will help you find a reliable one, for I know of none.

"Nonetheless, you did a good job.

"May the gods help you move through things without overthinking them."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 60
Money: 10G

AliceShiki

Appraisal
UNAPPRAISED

BigGreen's Quest Report
>>>> After acquiring today's quest "Alchemist Assistant", Gobo and I went too the Guilds Alchemist Hall and met with Charlie again. We told him today if we could be Ms.Rudy's Assistant today, the same as yesterday. He nodded his head and told us to tell Ms.Rudy she owed him one. We met with Ms.Rudy and she explained for today's experiments, we needed to gather 2 Horned Rabbits and a Float Fern. Gobo and I grabbed our suppplies and went outside the city to collect the ingredients.

It took a little bit, but Gobo and I were eventually able to catch 2 Horned Rabbits, by digging a trap near where they ate. Next we went to the riverbed to start looking for Float Ferns. We eventually found one, while walking along side the river, and I picked it up with my Light Magic. Gobo and I had everything we needed so we headed back towards town to turn in our ingredients for the day.

We arrived back in Ms.Rudy's lab and she told us to complete our quota of 5x weak healing potions. We successfully created our 5x weak healing potions easily and after that we helped Ms.Rudy with her own experiments. Luckily it didn't end up a failure like yesterday and Ms.Rudy was quite delighted about the concoction. At the end, Ms.Rudy gave us today's quest report and had us leave. Before we left we heard something about a"Youth Potion"?<<<<
Today's Inventory
-10g Room and Board

-5x Slime Cores

-5x Twin-Flowered Herbs
"It's good to see everything went well this time, mister Green. I pray it always continues as such.

"May the gods grant you success in your every endeavor."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Other: 1 Weak Healing Potion

OOC: Please remember to tag is as appraised~
And no story this time? I was looking forward to it! T.T

AliceShiki

Appraisal
Quest - Evaluation Needed
> > >
City Guard Training
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?
A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...
But here you'll have learn how to work as a team.
You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs).
Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam.
Either you all pass or you all fail!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License
> > >
Having well rested enough, I can finally do some jobs. Looking at the quest board a lot of the jobs a want to take need me to take this job first. I can imagine the training would be in field of a conscript training, but what about Iris? She doesn't really know on what to do on a daily basis, much less so if military tactics are involved. If she doesn't take this job then I can't her on future jobs, guess I'll have to watch over her again as per usual. Hope nothing too drastic happens during the training.

Iris and I head over to the barracks as soon as the first light of a new day was seen. We head over inside the barracks and the first thing I noticed were a couple on younglings having a chat on open ground. Observing the training grounds were a couple of track courses, weight, sparring weapons, even a couple of training dummies.

As we were nearing them, their chatter began to quiet down as we grew near them. We took our distance with them. Some of them continued with their chatter while other were noticeably whispering among themselves while looking at us. I don't really mind since it doesn't bother me, looking at Iris.... Yea she's still the same, didn't even consider glancing towards them. How cold....

I hear a loud bang and look to where it came from, I see a well dressed man coming our way. His body is well toned for combat and judging from his sharp glare at us, I guess he's our training officer.

"Fall in!"

He shouted so loud that all of the people chattering in the quickly froze, except for us that is. I stand firm in my stance with my hands behind my back whilst Iris.... well... she just stood beside me.

"I said fall in pipsqueaks! Or did your mother forget to clear ears for ya?!"

With that last shout the frozen people scrambled to their positions. It only took a couple of seconds for a formation to form. It was a parallel formation of two lines each with four people.

"Took you dogs long enough. Now listen up! I'll be your training officer for this course. You will address me as sire and no more. Any mishaps and I'll chop your dicks off so that you won't go making more idiots."

A bit harsh but ok.... Quickly peeking glancing at the other guys, I can see some of them frowning from discomfort. The officer started inspecting us one by one whilst adding an insult per person, he took a quick look at me and barely said any insult.

"The hell are you here for?"

"To follow."

I answered as such and he reacted with a smirk before lastly moving on to Iris. He took his time inspecting Iris, more specifically in her chest. Even though she's heavily wearing a robe, her breasts still protrude from her suit that one can wonder at their size. The officer would occasionally lecherously take a peek at her chest while pretending to look at her other parts. Seeming satisfied enough, he moves closer to her and tries to life her face up. To which Iris only stares at him aimlessly and a cold air suddenly surrounds her. The officer was surprised in the sudden cold air near him that he took a step back.

"Iris."

I called out her to which she responded with returning the air back to normal. The officer heard me call her name and stares at me with envy, I heard him click his tongue before moving back a bit for all of us to see clearly.

"So you want to all want to be a city guard huh? You better be tough enough to take a beating cause if I see any of you cry, then I'll personally throw you out myself."

We quickly went through the introductions amongst ourselves, to which I took this time to check up on Iris.

"Owner... Iris do bad?...."

"No, you did well. This time's special."

"Special?"

"Yea, special. So for today no hurting of people too much ok?"

I had taken the warning from Solet' Luna before and tried to lecture Iris not let anyone do anything to her or have her do something, even if it's more my sake. She may have taken it too literally.... Iris nods and the officer divides into two pairs of four. Luckily enough Iris and I are on the same pair. The first part of the training was a physical exam, not too hard on me but I had to constantly keep watch on Iris. Her body constitution isn't too great on endurance tests but not terrible either. I thought she would struggle in strength/power test, but she barely manage to do so. Maybe those wood chopping jobs made her a bit stronger. The four of us as a team didn't struggle much as did the other team. Sparring with dummies was really simple for me, especially when I'm using a lance. The training weapons were made out of wood, but felt heavier than normal. They probably increased the weight by filling the center with metal.

"Alright pipsqueaks, time for your last test. This will be a team battle. Winners will skim through and losers will get a harsher training. Oh and this is pretty obvious, don't kill anyone cas if you do... well let's hope the warden is as nice as me."

Figures, it was pretty obvious when they separated us. Our team consists of two swordsman, one lancer, and one mage. We could do a diamond formation with me as the frontline center, and the swordsmen slightly behind me at the sides to counter any damage I mitigate. Iris will be at the back supporting us. I tell the other two of my plan only for someone to rebuke me.

"Who the hell said you were in charge? Just cas you got hottie with tits with you doesn't mean you're hot stuff!"

He must be one of the people whispering before, well he's not wrong that I don't have the right to lead. But there's gotta be a limit on your irrationality when a fight is right infront of you. I can't really remember his name so I'll just call him idiot, since I'm getting that vibe from him.

Looking at the opposing team, I see two melee types with two mage types. They'll most likely form a box formation.

"I say we charge straight through, two melees wont stand a chance against three melees. That bitch of yours can get rid of their magic by casting magic over their mages."

Hey now.... that wasn't necessary. Outnumbering is a valid option, if they didn't have support that is. I want to offer my advice but I think he'll just ignore it or make up an excuse. I'll just save my breath on him. The other guy didn't say much even during the introduction, he barely even mentioned his name. You would think he was the same Iris but the major difference is that his eyes are swimming around and moving nervously. I might call him Timid. Looking at my team mates, this might be a challenge to pull through.

"All right settling time is over! Match is over until all combatants of the opposite team can't fight anymore."

With that announcement from the officer, we all take our formation. The enemy team surprisingly took a Y-formation, while we took.... well we're all over the place since we didn't establish one.

"Iris stay close behind. Don't kill anyone."

She nods and with the signal from the officer, the fight starts.

Idiot immediately rushes at the signal with Timid slightly behind him. I run forward with my buckler up while pointing my spear at the enemy, Iris was steadily following behind me. Idiot finally made it to the enemy and was immediately met with balls of fire, he would swing at the fire only to have his burned, distracted by the pain he was hit with a blunt axe and was knocked out while his head was bleeding.

Meanwhile Timid was fighting against a spear wielding type. He was carrying the spear with two hands while I only needed one. Timid was struggling to close the gap due to a range disadvantage. Although he would try to parry it and advance, the spear wielder would retreat and fire magic would seen being flung over him. Timid would try to dodge but one of the fireballs hit him which made him stagger. Not missing this chance the spear wielder took a quick jab at his abdomen and Timid bent over from the pain as he spat out his drool. He wasn't knocked out yet so spear guy did I wide swing to his head. I arrived on time and redirected his swing upward with my spear. Timid looks up to me while his drool was dripping from his mouth and snot running down from his nose.

"Get up and get behind me."

Timid weakly limps back while dragging his sword. Axe guy and spear guy become wary of me and take their distance, neither would approach me. I saw fireballs fly over them and head towards me. I can't move or else the two behind me will get hit. I faced the fireballs upfront and took the hits while shielding my face with the buckler. Damn! It fucking hurts! I can feel my exposed skin sizzling from the fire, even though it hurts I can endure more before I become charcoal.

While trying to recover my stance, axe guy takes an overhead swing at me but I deflect it with the buckler and he staggers a bit. The spear guy follows with a thrust to my abdomen, to which it was slightly altered to the side by Timid.

Timid runs to spear guy while grinding his sword against his spear, preventing spear guy from retreat nor swing the spear. Once timid get close enough, spear guy just retracts his weapon close to his chest and hits him with the butt of the spear. Surprised by this, Timid successfully blocks it but can't recover from the recoil of the impact, Using this chance, spear guy swing down his spear over to Timid's neck. He gets knocked out and is out of the fight.

Two on four huh.... This is bad.... Not much I can do with those mages backing them up.

I look at Iris while trying to come up with a plan. She stares at me with glint in her eyes.

"Iris believe Reival..... Reival believe Iris....."

Hah... don't say cheesy lines infront of the enemy. Well as long as I'm standing, I won't let them pass through. With my resolve I ready my stance and see the two melees back off. Shortly after a volley of fireballs are coming towards me. This again huh.... Fine! I'll all of them!

Resolving myself, white mist covers me and I could feel the air drop all of a sudden. Is this Iris' doing? The fireballs heading towards me dissipated and I could see the shocked faces of the mages from afar. The melees weren't fazed though as they tried to do a follow up.

The axe guy tried to strike Iris down but I was fully prepared, I'm not gonna waste the chance Iris gave to me. I forcefully slammed his axe away with my buckler slightly downwards and followed up with an uppercut to his jaw, dislocating it. I knocked him down on his back but not out. He tries to get back up but I wouldn't let him. I thrust my buckler down on his face and he gets knocked out with blood dripping from his nose.

Spear guy tries to take a jab at me while I try to recover from my position. I drop my spear and slipped the thrust under my arm. I grabbed the body of the spear and pulled it, surprised by the strength of the pull spear guy didn't let go which let me grab him by the neck. He struggled to have me loosen my grip by punching or kicking me. I could feel it but it hardly hurts. I repeatedly punch him with the buckler as he recoils from each hit, until he is knocked unconscious while having snot and drool come out.

I toss him away and pick up my spear, the mages face turn pale from seeing their vanguard get taken out. Desperately they threw fireballs at me, to which I respond by charging with my spear pointed at them. Some fireballs hit me, but I didn't care. I got near one the mages and thrusted my spear to his shoulder. It didn't penetrate due to the blunt tip but it definitely dug deep. The mage screamed in pain while on the ground, I merely drove the buckler to his stomach to shut him up, and it did.

With the last one standing, the mage panicked and casts an all out fire spell at me. The giant fireball that is half the size of me was flung towards me. I could guard against it but that'll definitely leave burning mark on me. Seemingly prepared for it, the giant fireball was blocked something invisible while at the same time I could see the mage being bombarded with blue rocks. Many hit his body and head until he finally surrendered.

"That's enough!"

The officer stopped the fight announced the winner, which was us. All of the unconscious people were transferred to a medical room while me and Iris laid back under a shade to relax. The officer got an annoyed face when he took a look at us, I get the feeling he was planned something the fight, but I don't have evidence so I can't much about it. I pet Iris' head to which she just squints her eyes in delight.

"You did well."

"Iris do good?"

"Yea, really good"

"Iris happy... Iris do good... Reival happy...."

We enjoyed our relaxing leisure time we earned and soon went to the guild to file a report. I'm going to need to cool the body in the river from my slight burns.

Greetings to you Guild

We have partaken such course for the City Guard position, although I question the final exam methods of pinning against each other in combat, we have succeeded such so without fail. I also question the character of the officer in charge of us in the duration of the training. His behavior is rather unprofessional to say the least. Nevertheless I will continue to serve until such impairment forces me to settle.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

OOC: I may have gone a bit overboard with the story length >.<
OOC: Yay for 2.4k words.... >.> *sweats profusely*
"Back already, mister Reival? I thought the training camp lasted longer than this?

"I'll have to ask you to wait for a while as I'll need to confirm a few things."

*leaves the desk and talks to some people behind the counter*
*someone leaves the building in a hurry*
*some minutes pass*
*said person comes back*
*some more talking behind the counter*
*comes back to talk to you*

"Apologies for the delay, mister Reival. We have contacted the guard and asked about the situation of your training, and we were told that you ended up leaving the training camp early due to some misunderstandings that were caused by the negligene of the head officer that was conducting the training.

"A formal complaint was issued due to him not properly explaining the details of the training to the trainees, as well as putting you in danger with a mock battle that wasn't properly regulated. We also noted that you deemed his behavior as unprofessional, but we couldn't say much more than that as you did not give us the details to put a proper charge against him.

"Regardless of all that, the training was supposed to last a whole week and the exam would only occur at the end of that period of time, not at the end of the first day, so I will need to fail your quest, mister Reival... Is what I would say in normal circumstances, but the guardsmen gave us an official letter that praised you both for your combat capabilities, leadership, ability to adapt to unusual situations and teamwork. Therefore they would like us to give you a pass even though you did not go through the entire course. Especially because it was their fault to some extent as the leading officer did not explain that the mock battle was not the final exam, nor did he remind you that the training would last a whole week.

"With those circumstances in mind, we decided that their word should be the final one as they will be the ones working with you in the future, so congratulations on passing your exam, mister Reival.

"That said, the quest explicitly listed the training would last a whole week, so we cannot give you full rewards, but the quest will still be deemed as cleared nonetheless. Congratulations.

"May the gods give you better luck with future coworkers, and the attention to carefully list the quest prompts."

Final Reward:
Exp:
125 to each
Money: 10G to each
Others: City Guard License

And uhn... I'm honestly not 100% sure if you did mean that a whole week passed or not, but the only part that kinda looked like it involved the passage of time was this:

Which reaaaaaaaally didn't look like a week-long timeskip, hence why I had to deduct the rewards as it looked like you went there for only one day, did a mock battle and went home... >.>
Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant though! >.<

AliceShiki

Appraisal
unevaluated
Healing Herbs [SC102]
Objectives:
Rewards:
A bare-chested young man walked into the guild receptionist hall. His hair was still a bit wet and only the lower part of his robe was remaining. His body and clothes smelled a bit like swamp water, muddy with all the plants growing in it.
With a sigh, he presented five small sacks of healing herbs all filled with twin-flowers and along with those he gave a few sheets of paper.
He looked tired. More like exhausted and pale. Even his figure was getting blurry sometimes and the long wound near his ribs was still glowing with pale-gray light.
"Here's my report. My luck was a bit on the shitty side lately so I hope you can forgive me for such an unsightly appearance"
He said to whoever was appraising his report.
"Got into some trouble with local wildlife and now I have to rest for a bit... If everything is fine I hope I can get my reward as quickly ss possible..."

“Hmmm… gathering healing herbs… Even though I have pretty bad luck with wilderness it shouldn’t be that bad… right?”

Drevart decided to go gather some healing herbs for the guild. He wanted to take a little break from all that fighting… especially the last one when he was going to just kill some pests but ended up burning the whole house down with a dead cultist and his undead pet inside…

*Sigh

“Why trouble always find me? First, it was a random wild boar, then a snake with river slimes and after that undead rat plus the cultist… Can’t I get a little rest?”

He was going through the books in the library while mumbling things like this. Yes, another one of his missions started with the library, but this time he wanted to know more about different kinds of healing herbs in the region.

“So Brightweed and Twin-Flowers? Brightweed is pretty much impossible for me to find if it doesn’t have any distinguishing features since I can’t sense mana only Aether.”

Another sigh was heard in the library.

“Then Twin-Flower it is. Also, I guess I shall get some Tri-Flower if possible. And I shall clean the bottles I’ve gotten from the town guard.”

He closed the book and quickly got up from his seat.

“Well, time to go!”

……………………………………………………….

Near the river to the south from Scribel.

“Ouch! You dumb river blob stop shooting at me! I’m not gonna eat your Fishmud grass or Three-Tailed-Sick grass!”

After throwing his broken blade at the shooting river slime and luckily hitting it with the sharp part of the blade, the slime was slashed and it was quickly washed away with the stream. After picking up its core Drevart started cleaning the glass bottles.

“I need to get at least a decently balanced dagger as soon as possible. The balance of this thing is bad as hell…”

He said while carrying his broken blade out of the river.

…………………………………………………………….

“So this is where I can find twin-flowers… Guess I’d better wrap my hands in something…”

He looked at his poor-looking ragged robe with several holes and said with resignation.

“Guess one sleeve will have to go away…”

He quickly used his broken blade to separate the left sleeve from the rest of the robe. After that Drevart made a couple of makeshift wraps around his hands so he won’t get poisoned by accidentally touching tri-flower.

After plowing through the field for half a day he was panting heavily while lying under the tree.

“Who thought that creating such high temperatures would a good idea? Which god was it?! Don’t let me find out or I’ll let them experience hell… when I’m actually strong enough and I will become strong enough just for this reason!!!”

After wailing for a while to went his pent up frustration on the weather and this laborious work he again looked at the field in front of him and he noticed a couple of light-green slimes moving closer. They were quickly gobbling down the remaining twin-flowers. Drevart immediately noticed that herb slimes naturally avoided the poisonous tri-flower and so an idea popped up in his mind.

He took off his robe and separated the upper part. After that, he wore the bottom part and took the upper one to use as an improvised blanket to catch a slime. Yes, he was going to catch a herb slime and use it as a living locator for healing herbs.

He had gotten just two ordinary small sacks of twin-flowers but with these little guys… An evil grin involuntarily appeared on his lips.

……………………………………………………………

Catching herb slimes wasn’t a problem since they were quite calm. They even didn’t try escaping, but… the clothes were wasted. But the plan worked. He managed to quickly find the remaining three pouches of twin-flowers as well as some tri-flowers packed in his bottles.

“Well… I guess I can head back to the guild… But it’s better to sleep first… So which tree shall I pick?”

Drevart asked himself before choosing on a tree and nimbly climbing it and trying to tie himself to the trunk as comfortably as possible, considering that he had only the slimy upper part of his robe.

…………………………………………………………….

Drevart woke up in the middle of the night. He heard some faint rustling of the bushes below. After carefully peeking down he saw a couple of shadows, nimbly moving among the trees. Slim bodies filled with feral grace. He immediately identified these creatures as wolves. Holding his breath he tried to hide. But his plans were destined to fail. Drevart quickly noticed an unusual thing about these wolves. They were circling around the tree he was lying on. They obviously knew that there was a tasty meal waiting for them up there on the tree. When Drevart looked closer he noticed that the fur of the wolves had a light-blue hue to it. After a short moment of contemplation, he remembered a library entry about Biome wolves. The ones underneath the tree may very well be just those…

After a quick thought he decisively took out his broken shortsword and straining his mind a bit he managed to make one wolf have the impression that he was too far from the tree, so it would come closer.

/Four… Three… Two… one…/

Drevart was silently counting in his mind, his breath becoming calmer and quieter, his eyes gradually filling with cold indifference…

When the countdown hit “one” he silently slipped the branch he was sitting on, his sack on his shoulder and the upper part of his robe tied tightly to his waist… he landed precisely on the back of the wold under the tree. It already wanted to throw down the unwanted rider but it noticed a cold glint getting closer and closer to its eye and instead it tried to shrink its head back so the strike would miss.. but the cold glint changed its path too, not for the eye but for the throat… Quick slash and the blood was drawn and sprayed with the fountain glinting beautifully under the moonlight.

/Time to move…/

Drevart used this short moment when the wolves were stunned to dart towards the opening in their ranks. The pack quickly noticed his movement and instinctively tried to lock down his ways of escape but a short moment was all that was needed for Drevart to switch his targets and use Minor Mirage on one of the wolves who tried to block his path by making it believe that it already stood in his path. The wolf immediately stopped and started growling at the empty air and Drevart brushed past it, making a quick slash with his broken sword and slashing the eye open. The wolf howled. Its howl was filled with grievance, pain, and hatred…

After that, a mad race ensued. Drevart, being pursued by a pack of 5 wolves one of which was partially blind. And still, they made him quite injured. His body riddled with small slightly glowing with pale light cuts, some powder-like substance was suspended in his trail, disappearing after a short moment. Drevart had to use his illusions several more times to either get a temporary respite by showing the leader that he went in the other direction or to block the incoming attacks. He was slower than the wolves so he had to use everything in his arsenal to survive. His mind was cold and calculative… how many times was he in a similar situation? Pursued by enemies with no one to rely on, all alone in the dark forest with those who wanted him dead just a breath away…

Suddenly the wolves stopped. Drevart immediately noticed this but when he was already going to rejoice he felt his foot slipping and his whole body started falling. He heard how some bottles in his bag cracked when he got up to his feet. He was in some naturally formed ditch, similar to a small cavern. The moonlight seeping in through the entrance was just enough for him to make out a big shape in the darkness in front of him and he knew… another mad race had to begin.

Covered in mud, leaves and he believed some feces, Drevart was running through the forest again but this time there was only one pursuer.

*Rrroooooaaaar

There was a deafening roar from the ditch he just climbed out from. Wolves were nowhere to be seen. Only gently moonlight illuminating the forest in its silvery glow and some insects creating the regular night forest noises. It would be a beautiful and serene scenery to look at and Drevart would gladly do just that… if he had the chance. Now he needed to run. Run as fast as he could for that his pursuer this time was a bear. A giant bear which put pressure on the surrounding air just by standing there. It was enraged that somebody disturbed its sleep, so it had to tear into pieces anything that was the reason for its early awakening.

/Why being so angry? Just go back to sleep, you fucking bear./

To be honest, Drevart was a bit irritated at how his bad luck was getting him into trouble. First day a boar. The second day a snake and water slimes, the third day he was almost sacrificed to the demon and now… now he was first chased by a pack of wolves and now he is being chased by an even stronger bear…

/Well at least he is alone…/

Drevart tried to find solace in that though. It helped little but nevertheless managed to lift his mood up a little. The only thing kept bugging him was how was he to lose this abominable thing from his tail. Bears can be surprisingly agile and his illusions can provide only a little distraction for this thing, for it is far stronger than the wolves since those didn’t dare to come closer to its resting place.

/A swamp?/

Drevart had an idea when he saw a swamp quite a distance away. His head hurt like hell and even his body became more and more incorporeal. There was nothing he didn’t expect, after all, using his illusions means basically destroying his body since he takes energy from it when his inner storage is empty… and now he can store very little Aether energy and now he had to use it constantly to survive. His body was at its limit. He needed just a short moment… One small moment…

Drevart ducked behind the nearby tree and the bear saw him running parallel to the swamp. Of course, it changed its direction and chased after it’s prey. It was greatly angered, not only was he woken up from its sleep even the culprit of this case was running away and he couldn’t catch up to him. The bear opened its mouth and a couple of sharp, almost invisible to the naked eye wind blades shot out. They were fast. Too fast. The running figure was split into three parts. The bear was already rejoicing in its victory when it noticed that instead of dropping down, like a normal body would the three parts disappeared into the fine mist and dissipating with the wind.

Knowing that it was tricked the bear was enraged even more.

*RRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAR

Its voice reverberating through the forest, a couple of wind blades slashed deep gashes in the nearby trees. After calming down for a bit it started smelling the ground, trying to find any traces of its prey. And indeed, it managed to find some. Right behind that tree, Drevart ducked behind. And those traces lead into the swamp. To be precise, into the water. The bear was standing there, not knowing what to do and after a short contemplation as well as a couple of loud roars and a few wind blades sent into the water in an attempt to blindly hit its prey, the bear decided to return back to its lair and sleep some more. Maybe it would find some trouble with those wolves, who accidentally brought this unlucky star to him…

At the same moment deep under the water… Drevart was holding his breath as long as he could. There was quite a big gash near his ribs. One of the wind blades almost hit him buat at the last moment he managed to turn his heavy body a little, so only a wound was left. At least he was alive. After he couldn’t hold his breath anymore, Drevart started swimming to the surface and with some struggle, he managed to get to the shore. His chest was coming up and down in rapid, heaving motions. Each inhaling or exhaling was followed by a searing pain in his lungs… or whatever was substituting them for him.

“What a terrible night…”

He mumbled quietly and lost consciousness.

……………………………………………

Drevart woke up almost at noon. His wound was still there, glowing with pale-gray light, but it wasn’t as serious as before. He will still need a couple of days to get over it, but it should be fine. First of all, he checked his bag and winced in grimace when noticed that three bottles with tri-flowers became squashed and two were cracked. Only one bottle survived the night undamaged. The young man sighed in resignation and after noticing that all the healing herbs he gathered before that were all ruined during the mad run and swimming in the latter stages so he had to gather more… Thankfully he already had the tactic. Catch a herb-slime and use it as a radar to find twin-flowers easily…

So in the evening, he was already going back to town. After all the gathering Drevart decided to wash himself a bit in the river and was a bit cleaner now even though he still had a light swamp and mud smell coming from his clothes as well as his upper part was completely bare since he used it to catch slimes and it became unusable after a short while.
"You certainly went through a lot, mister Drevart, I'm sorry to hear so much went wrong in your quest.

"I can only pray your luck improves though, because such is the life of an adventurer... Many have lost their lives while thinking those simple non-combat quests aren't dangerous, only to get ambushed by the wild life. I am happy that you were careful enough to avoid that at the very least.

"May the gods improve your luck, and keep you forever mindful of your surroundings."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 15G

Leegood

Are there nobles in Scribel City?
Sponsor:
Briele (Adventurer's Guild Library)
Required Level: 1
Reward: 50 EXP
Objectives:
  • There have been sporadic mentions of aristocracy and nobles in quest reports. Do they really exist?
  • Who are these nobles and what are they like?
  • Investigate any nobles in Scribel City.
"Are there nobles in this city?"
"Yes?"
"Are there?"
"Young lady may I see that quest report?"
"Sure." I was also curious and the butler laughed a bit before speaking again
"I believe there are nobles but I don't know about the whole picture, I for sure know that my young master was sent here by an outer-branch to grow stronger." I heard the whisper after "In case something happens to the main branch"
I thanked the butler and went around asking other people at places where I've helped out and worked part time.

"Nobles you say? Why dear in this city the wealthy are the nobles Ohohohoho" A madam I was working part time for laughed strangely before speaking again "Well since your so sweet I'll tell you that Scribble city has a few affiliations to some nobles outside, how else do you think this pitiful city stood here till now? now shoo along, I need to go buy something unless you want to..?" "Madam my apologies I'm doing a quest right now." The madam understood and waved me away.

I spoke to the third person I though would know about nobles and he held his chin high "Of course the mighty leaf house is operating in Scribble city!" He was a young boy about 6 years old who believed everything his father told him, I even bathed him some times so I guess that his house has some amount of money. "Father said that some houses send liiaaaasaaaans to scribble city or something!"

A butler called out "Young master your friends have come over to play." "Sorry Leti I have to go!" the young boy happily ran back into his house upon hearing that his friends were visiting.

Seeing everything I compiled it together

Summary: It seems that their are nobles in the city but to what extent that's difficult to say since I don't have the connections to investigate everything personally, There are rumors that nobles like to keep the city existing since theirs contingency plans that depend on the survival of scribble city but there is no evidence.

I've noticed that the merchant guild sends packages to wealthy/noble households frequently so the merchant guild might know something about the nobles.

"Wait a minute how come the adventurers guild has a base in this very city but know nothing about the nobles in it?" I said to the receptionist

Reciful

Giant Rat Subjugation [SC203]
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
  • Money: 12 G

Character: Reciful the innocent malice
Lvl: 4 (1885/2000)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Giant rats Subjugation

Quest report:
The dark tunnels of the sewer is the perfect figthing for Reciful.... Its complicated & Over all dark, Reciful have complete advantage even if its the Rats home territory.... Its meaningless when they are covered in the darkness of this tunnels... They have no escape... Reciful home territory is the darkness itself after all.

****​

Entering the sewer tunnels, many small sewer rats became alarmed. But unlike Rats from the surface, this rats were more daring & aggressive. Some smaller rats immediately pounce on me on sight. Since there is no other people here to see, I transform My black hair back to a black tendrils & produce small thorns in it, wiping each & every small rats the attacked, smashing, crushing, puncturing their bodies.

The small rats finally retreated, many small rat corpse scattered.... Collecting them on human hand is a bother, so I manipulate the darkness around me, making it a part of me & manifest My true self within the sewer shadows & eat the corpse leaving not a drop of blood anywhere.

Giant rat found! after a few minutes, it tried to tackle me, So I jumped & axe kicked it in the top of its head. The rats became angry hissing at me. then it pounced, jumping aiming its sharp claws towards Me.... I immediately take out the Woodcutting Axe from My Shadow & quickly swung it at the giant rat in the air with two hands, slashing at its belly making its intestines burst out, splashing blood at me.

Dead I chop it's tail & let my shadow grabs it to eat the body.

Killing 7 more of them as I walked,

the rats became more cautious on my presence. Perhaps they have some short of telepathy network connection to each other?... After all they started to run away once they see me. As if they are warned by their fellow rats about me through a unknown means.

A few minute past my total kill is 10, either Axing them or cleaving them with My weapon. The rats became even more cautious... Enough they won't show up.

So I fused in the darkness of the tunnels entering the shadows, since they wont come at me, I move where they are.

I keep appearing behind the Giant rats who observing me in the dark, Axing & cleaving each of their heads & to prevent any information leak's in case they really have shared telepathy network, I Whispered in the rats mind, producing hallucinations, confusion, & Eventually inducing madness..

To my surprise it effected not just one giant rat, but many of them within a 10 meter radius.

As madness over take them, I make a mind suggestion in their brain to make them fight each other, continuously whispering in their brain to make its my influence even more stronger, as I take hold of their small mind crushing it. A few minutes only 3 rats remain... They are practically brain dead or a mindless zombie... So I use My Axe & My Cleave, to slice them practicing My proficiency on this weapon.... When done, My shadow makes sure to clean everything up, leaving not a single piece of their flesh behind.

Giant Rat killed 30
Giant rat tails × 30

Signed: Reciful

Vanus

Evaluated
> > >
Escort Duty [SC407]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Join a caravan of traders.
  • Protect the merchants and their caravan.
  • Ensure the safe arrival of the merchant's goods to their destination.
The Merchant's Guild is hiring guards to escort their next caravan.It might take a few days or weeks, but the pay is decent.Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road. Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G / person
> > >
It seems there is an intelligent species of humanoid rats that are present in and around the region near to Gelderholm for some unknown reason. They also have a strong hatred of the dwarves what with killing the dwarven guard that was in our group and then running away. They are also expert craftsmen though there equipment is supposedly known to backfire extremely and be a terrible investment or to perform better than even dwarven stuff a coin flip even if the thing produced follows a standard template. They can also produce just regular items of a slightly cruddier design then your average human smith or such. These kind of items are of course the most common.
A small town run by the Misers and the location for our trade journey it's actually extremely well regulated though it does seem to have some secret threats lurking within and it's where we learnt the name of the intelligent species of humanoid rats. They are known as the Skaven and they claim to be the original owners of the city that is now known as Genderholm. The pit is ramshackle and deadly and dangerous to all those whom go there it is a small place to live with a simple yet mysterious way of life.
The task was to successfully transport a hidden cargo which appeared to have been materials for the construction of random devices as well as more common household or farming tools. This is likely because the main blacksmith and creators of other devices are Skaven and having an plow is not something that anyone wants.
After exiting the tavern I ran over to the location of the merchant escort that I would be escorting along with 6 other escort a dwarf 3 abhumans each of different varieties and 2 other humans. At the start we would be heading off towards Gelderholm where the dwarf would be off loading hopefully damned beings reminded me of an abhuman race that serves the Empire of my home to uptight and they don't really believe in the Emperor of Mankind even though they are a spin off of the human race akin to the rattlings which do venerate him to a far higher degree. The Squats are also often angered by the cult of the machinists as they both have vastly different goals when they tinker with machines and different beliefs around how the machines actually work and really it shows in the tech the two produce.

Anyway the start of the journey was fine I was there because I was taking the guild quest and at the same time working for the misers and making sure that the group wouldn't get smashed when we arrived at the base of operations for the Misers in the mountain ranges that lies in-between Gelderholm and the Kobold caves. It's supposedly a fairly safe route but well we shall see whether or not it's going to be.

Assertion: This journey is not starting well.
Conclusion: Bad start good finish!
Assertion: Optimism does not suit you AIEO
Conclusion: I'm a pessimist after all...
Anyway yep as I was saying the journey did not start well for us at all a day's journey from Scribel the wheel broke down. So we had to spend time unloading some of the crates filled with tools for farming equipment as well as other tools for the more regular Miser tasks such as daggers and such. There were also a few bags of gems and jewels loaded in at the back that I saw whilst I was removing stuff from the wagon. Anyway we got the wagon to a point where we could lift it and attach a new wheel. Luckily nothing came along to interfere with our working which at least was a blessing.

The journey continued we dealt with a few bandits 8 or 9 of them that attacked the carriage I got two fresh skulls to work without of this but I couldn't be bothered grabbing any of their gear it was of way to low quality to be of any help against anything I was going to be facing. Anyway the camp was setup and we split the guard into periods 2 periods of 3 and the final period of 2 and groups of 2 to look over us. I drew the same lot as the damned dwarf which also happened to be the last one. Anyway I made sure to keep myself away from the dwarf at this point I had no need to get involved with him. We where guaranteed to be parting ways soon only 3 more days to go till he left the party. He was mumbling something about humans thinking themselves to good to talk to a noble dwarf and spat on the ground I would have responded but I was to good to speak to a pathetic imitation of humanity.

The next day we encountered no commotion the dwarf decided to come and annoy me during our night meeting though.
Assertion: Ignoring him would be far to rude and not that appropriate for our current situation.
Conclusion: Recognise his presence but don't go much further than this.
"Hello. You want anything from me?" I say as the dwarf slowly approaches over to me trying to be silent.
"Damn it your hearing is to good lass!" I shrug my shoulders at that and continue scanning everywhere my left eye currently can't be used often since the tree life and the other such would create an information overload. "Anyway I hear you come from another world that is more advanced then this lass so I wanted to ask your opinion on something is that fine with ya." The dwarf makes to grab a canister in his belt. I don't know where he's learnt this but there is no reason to deny him maybe he is just skilled enough to see something from my visor.
"Go ahead show it off then." I say whilst trying to look interested. He quickly twists open the canister as if afraid that I would change my mind before he could show it to me. Anyway from all appearances the item he had made was actually a visor akin to the one I wore but it was not really like mine. "I have some guesses about it but I doubt I would do anything other than distracting yourself, but I can say it is likely a visor of some kind. It looks similar to something a squat might have but it's not for them it's to big."
The dwarfs face falls as I talk, "Damn it I thought I'd finally find someone who could tell my family what exactly this thing is after all that thing sitting on your eye is so similar to it." The dwarf walks away going back over to his position a good choice rather than continuing questioning me.

The next day and night passed with no commotions again though the dwarf did ask me a few questions on the visors systems some I could answer others I would not and one I had no idea what he was on about maybe the translation magic just failed but anyway nothing much of importance really occurred. Until today, the merchant is swearing something about the rats being well outside of the area they usually patrol and the dwarf looking extremely on edge at the conversation that the man is having we are almost at the point where the dwarf will be exiting our party a happy event for myself I would no longer have to deal with him. But anyway it seems I was to be on guard, the merchant had gotten angry after being shown tracks in the dirt which look a little like rattling footprints thought they are far more rat like then those of the rattlings. Upon finding it the man said it was lucky we were only going to be with the dwarfs for another few hours.

About two hours later we come upon a greater sign that these beings were nearby. I set up shop to fire upon any invaders by pulling myself up on to the very top of the wagon and dropping onto my stomach. Up ahead I could see a rustling in the bushes from the movement of some creatures. The thing we'd found was a recently doused fire as in it had been doused a few minutes before we'd got there. The dwarf was currently standing around trying to hide himself behind the horses. A bolt came out from one of the bushes and from another to the right of it a cloud of dust and a scream came along with a body falling forward. "What the hell are these things! Whatever weapons they are carrying they are stupidly weird I mean they had no fear in firing them off and yet one of them blew up in their own hands and now they are dead?" Unluckily for the dwarf the other bolt struck true though or maybe luckily with how those things worked a direct shot could have just made him a complete cripple. After the shot the thing bolted off carrying a weirdly shaped thing which seemed to me to be a mix between a gun and a crossbow however they did that.

I searched over the body of the thing that was killed by it's own weapon it had wooden and metal shrapnel laced all over the front of it's body the thing likely hadn't died in that instant that the thing exploded. But he'd died soon enough after as the shards slowly slammed in through his skull and chocked him to death somehow. Anyway this one wasn't going to give me any further information on it's weaponry most of it's stuff was completely broken or damaged in some way. Best to remove the body from the wilds though after all we will have to destroy both the dwarf and it so it doesn't attract wildlife to the trail just in case someone comes after us. Don't want to be a nuisance after all.

That night I destroyed the bodies before having my sleep one of the abhumans was assigned to helping me by the merchant it's fine but it may turn out to be a nuisance personally. I'm going to pay as little attention to him as I can. My plan seems to have worked in not paying him any attention as he almost completely ignored me when we were doing our work. I need more information on those rat men because I want one of their guns not to use but to study to see how it works at all. Anyway I doubt we will meet anymore of them sadly because they are not supposed to leave the area I'm still holding onto the visor for the dwarf and one day it will likely make it's way back to his family.

We crossed the river at the split and began following a valley in the middle of two mountains and slowly winding our way towards the destination I saw a few more of the rat things markings and the man was grumbling all the while about the fact that they shouldn't have been out so far they had been chased off towards the deeper recesses of their mountain caves. Well who had chased them off to these deeper recesses I doubt it would have been the dwarves they'd supposedly had their hands full for a while now but anyway it's not like there was anyone who was going to tell me exactly what that was about anytime soon.

4 more days passed the journey of course being slow because of the mountainous terrain that we were traversing through with a fully loaded carriage plus the fact that every so often there was a raid from the local inhabitants more they came by smelled the air and ran off as if they couldn't give a real crap about our habitation of their homes and this was just routine and shoddy checking. Anyway we were about three hours away when the next problem occurred a kobold wave is what the other guy called it though it's nothing compared to the slime wave which by this point should definitely be almost engulfing Scribel city hopefully and so will be dealt with one way or another by the time I've returned. Anyway the kobold wave was an attack of about 30 kobolds that were closing in on our position rapidly.

The kobolds I was told to just think of as goblins and otherwise ignore any idiosyncrasy they put off. Anyway 30 goblins against 6 humans is not something that you really want to happen. The humans can come out on top in the situation but you don't want it to occur if you can help it. But sadly the carriage was stuck in a rut and there was nothing we could do except wait for the kobolds to show up. I had taken up my now customary post on top of the carriage with my crossbow bolt loaded. The kobolds began coming on the other adventurers and I shot the first bolt dropping the kobold to the ground the guys were holding well when all hell broke loose. One of the bolts from the rat things slammed into the group and the bolt shattered and exploded on impact. More and more bolts began to pour in and the other defenders fell back towards the cart. I rolled backwards off the roof as a stray shot had come dangerously close to me. A few screams came from the surroundings but bloody hell these guys had idiot practices and they were just as dangerous to us as the kobolds and the kobolds were already dead! After a few more minutes a screaming whining sounding reverberated through the little junction we were in and the firing stopped. Another 2 of my companions had been taken out by the bolts which was not a good thing as we had to shift the carriage out of the ditch. Luckily neither of the horses had been hit praise the emperor's justice accounting for all their crimes in proper order.

We arrived in the town and I felt like I needed a sleep, But anyway the town celebrated at our arrival it seems that they had been waiting for the goods and needed them quite a bit. This place was needing of the supplies that they were bringing one of the men came and pat the cabin driver on the back. "So you brought us the goods finally we almost had to resort to using Skaven goods and that's about as risky as flipping a coin on whether or not it will be something beneficial for yourself or kill you. HAHAHA!" Hmm so those beings are likely to be called Skaven are they? Well that is interesting looking deeper into the crowd it seems that there are a few of them floating around the place. They don't seem to be disappointed or angry in what is said about there stuff so I wonder what they get out of this. "Come on you savy lot then lets get the stuff unloaded and deliver the proper payment!" The crowd quickly begins to move in and starts removing stuff from the carriage quickly and efficiently.

I looked around the town and yes it seemed to be nice enough at first look but it was fairly ramshackle and barely containing the human populace from my looks but it worked and functioned as a town there were whispers going around as Skaven where wandering between people driving them around a little they seemed to be stoking up fights between each other and between the members of the town. Though the town seemed to have it's own counters to the Skaven's little scheming actions going on. They do not seem to be a trustworthy race at all and whilst I was there 12 Skaven died mysteriously in the town as well.

I was sitting around and one of the skaven grabbed my hands. "You listen to Skaven story yes-yes, we tell you tale on our home that the stunties steal yes-yes. We Skaven once proud mighty race skitter-scurrying all throughout the mountain ranges all around. We has deep-buried holes all over the country but the filthy-dirty ones destroyed them so many Skaven buried under the Earth-Crust." The Skaven begins to cry a little it seems to be putting on a show for me trying to make me believe that the Skaven where the ones that were wronged by the dwarfs it takes a deep breath clearing off it's show. "We Skaven deeply wronged by the stunties mean-evil actions they took our once mighty-strong home from us. The brilliant-excellent city of Gelderholm so brilliant-magic that city is yes-yes." The skaven begins to immediately brighten up from it's still slightly melancholic actions. "If you spread tale of Skaven. Skaven will help you with your goal yes-yes. Skaven have many contacts all over many places we can skitter-scurry under the Earth-crust. Skaven will retake the Gelderholm one day before the meanie greenies tunnel-smash there yes-yes. We have waited a many-hundred generations but now we ready yes-yes we move soon maybe-probably." The Skaven seemed to reference one of the crossbow guns when it referenced helping me in my goal though I doubt that I would ever dare to use one of those. It's eyes were beginning to glow as it talked about their want to attack the Dwarfs. I highly doubted it's story but no harm in spreading it for them in this case I didn't have a high regard for the Dwarves after all.

We returned safely a few problems appearing along the way more so in the fact that the payment was delayed rather than the fighting that had wracked us on the way here. So anyways nothing much happened and the second journey back was uneventful just as it's start was the Skaven showing off some of their more mediocre tech trying to trade it for other things. I was almost tempted to go and buy one of their crossbows but no that would be stupid in this case. The small city was extremely orderly probably because of the guests that they had though there was some crime from the Skaven that seemed to go unpunished even murder of other Skaven but I don't profess to know anything on their society. We returned safely.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Waking up once the sun had set, Liana put her black dress on and made her bed. Leaving her room, she went to the kitchen and started preparing the meals for Hejlikka and Julrik. As the food was cooking, the female elf entered the kitchen and sighed as she sat down. Wondering why her friend was sighing, Liana turned around and gave an inquisitive look.

Seeing her friend curious, Hejlikka said, "I'm just thinking about Freja's situation..." She rested her head in her hands as if struggling to think, "Argh! That stalker of hers is getting more aggressive with his advances! Last night, while I was supervising a new receptionist, she came over looking all haggard and despondent with a report for her quest." She slammed a fist on the table in anger, "She was supposed to be acting as the bodyguard of an official - which isn't unusual since she has a good reputation among them. The problem is the constant harassment the official kept receiving for the entire duration of the quest..."

Liana put the food down on the table, and sat down opposite the Hejlikka. The female elf took a few mouthfuls before continuing, "Threatening letters telling the official to stay away from Freja; flowerpots falling off window ledges as the official was walking under them; dead rats sent to his workplace; his work documents ripped to pieces and ink spread all over his desk...the list goes on." She sighed again, "It got to the point that Freja volunteered to prematurely end the job since her presence was detrimental to the official's safety...meaning she failed the quest..."

"That sounds awful. How is Freja taking this? She hasn't had anything else happen...right?" Liana asked with genuine worry and concern.

Hejlikka shook her head, "Not well...She's also been receiving tons of love letters, as well as unmarked packages...I think the latest thing she was 'gifted' was a bouquet of flowers covered in white...sticky...stuff..." She blushed in both embarrassment and anger at the thought of what the substance on the flowers was.

Liana shuddered at the thought, having a strong idea of what the sticky stuff could be when she thought about the mess on her bed from Jasper's feasting. "...Has she told the authorities?"

"The city guards can't deal with this kind of thing, since there's no evidence of the culprit and no actual violence has occurred." Hejlikka sighed in exasperation before finishing her meal. She then leaned back in her chair, "She did post a quest about the stalker, though. However...no one seemed interested in taking it. I guess people don't care about such things unless it's happening to themselves..."

Liana looked up, "There's a quest for it?"

"Yeah, it's been up for a few weeks now: Investigate a Stalker, I think it was titled. She even put up a high reward for it, too - considering how low the level requirement for it is."

"I'll take it!"

"Huh?" Hejlikka stared at Liana in surprise, "No! It's dangerous! What would happen if the stalker attacked you?"

"What would happen to Freja if this continues and escalates?" Liana countered.

"...At least inform the city guards so they can come and help you if something goes wrong."

"Okay!" Liana replied with a gentle smile.
After receiving the details on where Freja lived and frequented, Liana went to the guild quest board and took one of the quest slips off.

Investigate a Stalker
Sponsor: Freja Haljssen, adventurerLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: 3
Objectives
  • Locate the stalker.
  • Identify the stalker.
  • (optional) Find out reason for their actions.
  • (optional) Persuade the stalker to stop.
I keep to myself, most of the time.
I take my job as an adventurer seriously...
...I seem to have acquired a stalker, though...
Please investigate this matter.
Rewards
Exp: 150(200)Money: 50G (75G)
Handing it in to the receptionist, she got a signed note to prove she was doing the quest before leaving the building and heading in the direction of Freja's home.
Standing in a dark alleyway, Liana was watching the entrance to Freja's home to see if any suspicious activity occurred at night - since Hejlikka had mentioned that the unmarked packages were always lying outside her door in the morning. Observing the street outside Freja's house, there were no sources of light stationed thus making the area as dark as the night. With Liana's keen night vision, she could still see everything clearly - which she used to her hopeful advantage.

After standing in the alleyway for a few hours, the only movement on the street was some drunk locals returning to their homes. Freja had entered her home earlier in the evening, so Liana didn't have to worry about something happening to her elsewhere. However, about two hours after midnight, a lone figure carrying a box arrived.

"..."

Liana watched as the figure carefully placed the box down in front of Freja's house door, before opening the box and taking out several items: a jar of something, a wine bottle, a plate with some food on it, a sealed envelope, a bloody bag, and a bouquet of flowers.

"..."

Liana went through in her mind over what she had just seen the man taking out and placing and reconfirmed that she did indeed see and smell a bloody bag. As she began to wonder what the heck was in that bag, the man then licked every item - save for the bloody bag - before lowering his trousers and vigorously moving his hand in front of him. However, Liana couldn't see what he was doing properly so could only assume from previous evidence - which she wish she didn't have the mental image of.

"..."

After a few minutes of heavy breathing, the man then stopped and shuddered as he was leaned over Freja's door and the items. He then pulled up his trousers, kissed her front door and stroked it, before leaving. As soon as the man was out of earshot, Liana hurried over to the items and picked up the bloody bag covered in warm, sticky liquid, and carefully opened it. Peering inside, she saw someone's fingers and immediately closed the bag and dropped it on the ground. Looking in the direction the man had left in, she silently followed in haste.
Keeping a certain distance from the man, Liana followed behind him while keeping to the shadows. Eventually, the man stopped at an expensive-looking house - in the more affluent part of the city - and walked through the guarded gate before walking up the lane to the front door and entered. Taking in the location of the house, Liana headed to the guild library to see if there was any census listing the citizens and locations they lived.

As dawn approached, Liana found who owned that house, an official who worked in the upper ranks of Scribel's government who often put out bodyguard quests due to the delicate and important matters he dealt with on a regular basis. She also noted how he was a noble and had a family: a wife and three children who were part of the nobility from another world that had connections with a lot of other members of nobility in Scribel City - the Rosenthal Family.

"..."

Writing all of this information down, Liana didn't immediately go to file in her report as she felt that Freja's stalker was escalating his tendencies. Not wishing to cause problems for multiple parties - due to Lord Eugene Rosenthal being part of the nobility living in the city - she decided to wait and try to figure out why he was doing this to the female elf. While waiting, she decided to read through the archives in the library to see who had taken up his bodyguard quests only to find out that Freja had recently completed that.

"..."

Reading through the report, as well as the note from the sponsor, she noticed how Lord Rosenthal was particularly eager to have Freja work as his bodyguard again - stating how he felt truly at peace when he knew she was around him. Thinking that this could possibly be one of the reasons why he was stalking her, Liana took note of this before leaving the library to head to the government building.

Upon entering, she smelled a familiar scent as she saw a crowd of people gathered near the back leading to the offices - hearing some people muttering things like, "How awful," and "How gruesome!" Peering over the shoulder of one of the people, Liana saw an unconscious man lying on the ground with several fingers missing on both hands. Leaving the area before the smell and sight became too much for her, she reached the entrance and nearly bumped into Lord Rosenthal with a bodyguard following him.

"Ah, my apologies!" Liana said, as she bowed out of the way for the man to go past.

"Mm, it's fine." He paused and looked her up and down, "Did you have business here, by any chance, dear lady?" He asked with a polite smile.

"I just came here on an errand, sir...?"

"Rosenthal. Lord Eugene Rosenthal, but you can just call me Eugene." He answered while smiling congenially. "And what might your name be, dear lady?"

"An Li, Lord Rosenthal. Just a humble member of the Adventurer Guild." She smiled as a sharp pain throbbed in her mind from her using the name she had before her master remade her into Liana.

"An Li...Such an exotic name for such an exotic looking woman..." He muttered before smiling politely again. "What was your errand, by the way?"

Liana paused in thought as she wondered if this would allow her the chance to convince him to stop stalking Freja. Deciding to take the gamble, she said: "Actually, a friend of mine needed some help about something that seemed related to her recent bodyguard duties. I came here since her past few clients had worked here, only to find that someone had his fingers cut off last night." She looked afraid at this point, shrinking in on herself while hugging her arms, "I got a little scared of the situation, so was about to leave..."

"Someone's fingers were cut off?" The man showed surprise, however his eyes couldn't hide the smugness from knowing how it happened. "How terrible!" He wrapped an arm around Liana's shoulders and began guiding her to a side door, "It's not safe in this city these days. Come sit in the lounge until the authorities arrive to sort this mess out."

Liana complied, since she felt it would give her the opportunity to ask him why he was stalking Freja - as well as giving the chance to convince him to stop. However, she couldn't stop the involuntary shudder as Lord Rosenthal touched her - which only helped to further present a frightened image. Once they entered the room, Lord Rosenthal told the bodyguard to stay outside to keep them safe, while he guided Liana to sit down on a sofa.

Sitting down himself, the man asked, "Miss An Li, I'm curious; this friend of yours, what was her name? Perhaps I can help with whatever errand you came here for." He subtly placed his hand on Liana's thigh while smiling politely at her.

Liana shuddered again before smiling meekly, "I'm afraid it's to do with a possible stalker, Lord Rosenthal."

Eugene froze a little at that, before resuming his warm smile, "...Oh? I was not aware of such a thing happening. My apologies to Miss Haljissen for such a thing to happen."

"...How did you know it was Miss Haljissen?" Liana tilted her head in curiosity as she looked at the man.

"...You just said so, no?" He awkwardly smiled back.

"...I can't remember..." Liana looked away while blushing in embarrassment, "Still...she wanted to know why she was being stalked and wished for whoever it was to stop because it was scaring her."

"...She's scared? What's scared her? Did she not like the gifts?" He looked surprised and unsure.

"...Scared because she didn't know who was sending the gifts, as well as the fact that the person was hindering her work." She then looked sincerely at Lord Rosenthal, "She'd like the person to explain why they are doing it, as well as to stop."

The man stood up and looked out of the window for a few minutes, thinking about something. He then turned to look at Liana with a wry smile, "She's very beautiful, isn't she?" He looked out of the window again, "Her professionalism while working is very commendable and she isn't swayed by corruption. I guess in some ways, it's how opposite she is to Saskia that drew me to her."

"..."

He smiled again, "You already know it's me, don't you?" He turned around and sat back on the sofa while staring at Liana.

"...You are admitting to being the stalker, Lord Rosenthal?" Liana showed awkward surprise, not wanting to possibly aggravate him.

Eugene smiled wryly again, "You can stop pretending. I won't hurt you. I never thought of myself as being a stalker, but I suppose it could be seen as such when reviewing the actions I took in pursuing her as a mistress." He sighed dejectedly. "That is the reason, by the way. I took a liking to her and wished for her to become my mistress but I didn't want Saskia - my wife - learning about it. I'll stop hiding and openly state my intentions to Freja. If she refuses, then I can only admit defeat." He got up again and headed for the door. "Give her my apologies for scaring her, that was not my intent." He then left the room to start his government official duties.

Liana felt relieved and also left the room. Exiting the building, she hurried over to the quest board to see if Freja was there - since Hejlikka had said she was planning on taking a quest in the morning. Spotting the female elf with a stern, yet tired, expression she smiled at her and whispered in her ear that she'd taken the stalker quest and needed to have a word with her about it. Freja's eyes widened as she looked around before heading to an empty alley near the guild building.

"Have you found anything out?"

Liana smiled wryly at her as she thought about what the woman must have felt when seeing the 'gifts' Lord Rosenthal had left for her, "It's Lord Eugene Rosenthal."

Freja's eyes widened in shock before a light flashed through them in understanding, "I see...It kind of makes sense...since it only started happening after I worked as his bodyguard...but, why?" She showed confusion and bewilderment over it.

"...He was attracted to your uprightness, beauty and professionalism while working as his bodyguard..."

Freja pulled a face at that, before shaking her head in denial, "There are plenty of women like that. Plus, he's married with children, and a noble."

Liana could only wryly smile again in sympathy, "I'm only telling you what he said...As for his actions...it was because he didn't want his wife finding out. He did say he'll stop, though, since he didn't intend on scaring you."

"...Mm..."

"...He did say he would openly state his feelings and intentions to you, though so...don't be too alarmed when he approaches you(?)" Liana smiled meekly, not knowing whether to be encouraging the female elf, or consoling her.

Freja looked deep in thought before glancing at Liana and nodding at her, "Thank you for informing me of this. I'll be sure to keep a level head if such a scenario occurs. Also, be sure to hand in your report about this so you can get the reward. Ah...I'll make sure to tell the guild to redact Lord Rosenthal's identity from the report when it's filed away...It would look bad if word of this got out." She then waved at Liana as she left for the guild with a quest slip in her hand.
Entering the guild, Liana wrote up her report and handed it in to a receptionist to evaluate. As she waited for the receptionist to read through it and verify it, she pondered over what would happen in the future between Freja and Eugene - wondering if she would flat out reject him, or not...

- Located the stalker.
- Identified the stalker as Lord Eugene Rosenthal.
- Found out that he became attracted to Freja while she worked as his bodyguard and wished to pursue her as his mistress while hiding his actions from his wife.
- He promised not to stalk Freja due to finding out his actions were scaring her.
[OOC: I'm not happy with the flow of this...it felt kind of forced with the conversations and events in the latter half...
orz
I also forgot to have her inform the guards that she was doing the quest
orz]
X

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
Healing Herbs [SC102]
Objectives:
Rewards:

Quest Report - Okarin

This is a quick report, shorter than usual, but I really want to make sure I submit it!

Vicious (@Bochi) is back! Oh my goodness! I saw her in the Tavern and I didn't know what to say! :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:

She made me a house? Can you imagine that? I never even got her a chance to thank her for that...

I saw her stroll in through the front door... and I just felt my heart sink immediately. It was terrifying. Seriously! The way how severely that girl was injured... I should have been happy but instead I was almost filled with terrible anxiety. She could have died. I also went to the guild to read up on Vicious's quest report and...

I don't know what to say.

It must have been horrible.

To have all those people dying all around you in Gelderholm...

If the dwarves had been any slower, would Vicious still be standing here today...?

I just had a terrible sinking feeling in my heart.

This wasn't going to be the last time was it?

The Liberi was going to keep risking her life again and again, and at what point would her luck run out?

I was frightened to think about the answer.

+ + +​

So apparently slimes have this property that if they eat a lot of something, they slowly take on that property.

I didn't even know this until I read it in the Library, so I decided to give it a try since... I'm a slime... right?

In either case, that's what I've been up to for the past month.

I've been eating brightweed literally all day and all night.

Um... I really ate a lot.

I'm sorry if it's harder to find the plants in the wilderness for a while.

But I've been eating healing herbs for a month straight.

+ + +

In either case, I've confirmed that developed a new skill!

I'm apparently an Okarin Herb Slime now!

Erm... when I touch things... it heals stuff... it's really slow (like hours) and takes a long time but... I guess it counts as a new ability?

I think I am probably much worse than a cleric because those fancy mages can wave their wands and instantly heal people... but at least for me it's a passive ability that doesn't cost anything.......

I really don't want the people that I care about to die.

I ate a lot of healing herbs, so I'm not sure if this means I'll be able to help.

But at least this way... I'm able to do something...?

+ + +

Attached to this quest report is five small sacks of healing herbs; some extras.

Summary:
  • Okarin is both excited and anxious about how Vicious is back.
  • Okarin has been eating healing herbs for the past month
  • Okarin has become a Herb Slime and has a passive healing ability.
  • Okarin submitted 5 small bags of healing herbs.

Vanus

Quest Report - Unevaluated

Quest Report - Okarin

This is a quick report, shorter than usual, but I really want to make sure I submit it!

Vicious (@Bochi) is back! Oh my goodness! I saw her in the Tavern and I didn't know what to say! :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:

She made me a house? Can you imagine that? I never even got her a chance to thank her for that...

I saw her stroll in through the front door... and I just felt my heart sink immediately. It was terrifying. Seriously! The way how severely that girl was injured... I should have been happy but instead I was almost filled with terrible anxiety. She could have died. I also went to the guild to read up on Vicious's quest report and...

I don't know what to say.

It must have been horrible.

To have all those people dying all around you in Gelderholm...

If the dwarves had been any slower, would Vicious still be standing here today...?

I just had a terrible sinking feeling in my heart.

This wasn't going to be the last time was it?

The Liberi was going to keep risking her life again and again, and at what point would her luck run out?

I was frightened to think about the answer.

+ + +​

So apparently slimes have this property that if they eat a lot of something, they slowly take on that property.

I didn't even know this until I read it in the Library, so I decided to give it a try since... I'm a slime... right?

In either case, that's what I've been up to for the past month.

I've been eating brightweed literally all day and all night.

Um... I really ate a lot.

I'm sorry if it's harder to find the plants in the wilderness for a while.

But I've been eating healing herbs for a month straight.

+ + +

In either case, I've confirmed that developed a new skill!

I'm apparently an Okarin Herb Slime now!

Erm... when I touch things... it heals stuff... it's really slow (like hours) and takes a long time but... I guess it counts as a new ability?

I think I am probably much worse than a cleric because those fancy mages can wave their wands and instantly heal people... but at least for me it's a passive ability that doesn't cost anything.......

I really don't want the people that I care about to die.

I ate a lot of healing herbs, so I'm not sure if this means I'll be able to help.

But at least this way... I'm able to do something...?

+ + +

Attached to this quest report is five small sacks of healing herbs; some extras.

Summary:
  • Okarin is both excited and anxious about how Vicious is back.
  • Okarin has been eating healing herbs for the past month
  • Okarin has become a Herb Slime and has a passive healing ability.
  • Okarin submitted 5 small bags of healing herbs.
"Aye passed."
Rewards:
Money: 15 G