> > >

Charity Work (Gelderholm) [GH0101]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Explore the city.
  • Find someone who can use your help.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
War has taken a toll on the city of Gelderholm.
Food, water, and medical supplies are dwindling.
The wounded are hurt, and many jobs remain undone.
What role can you play to help?
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Watery came out of the guild building. She just need to find someone who needed her help, right? Thus, she began to wander around the city.

She remembered that the people here need water, thus, couldn't she let her water be their drink? With that, she returned to the guild to ask for barrel.

The guild did ask if she wanted to take the quest to fetch the snow. Seeing that it was troublesome if she had to explain it, she nodded. After taking the barrel, she then went to behind the guild building, bringing the barrel with her.

So... she looked at herself. Since she arrived at gelderholm, she only took the water from the poisonous lake. So, her body must be poisonous, right? Then, she had to eliminate the poison first. forming herself into a sphere, she spun the water inside her body. Spin... spin... spin... she had to spin faster. faster... faster...

So, watery end up into a spinning water ball. As she has no control on the floating material inside her body, they end up pushed out out of her body. With her body no longer filled with impurity, she filled the barrel.

Then, it is time to peddle the water.

---

the quest did say someone. Though, when she shouted in the town, asking if anyone needs water, she was swarmed. Thankfully, they believed her excuse that she is someone with a subspace skill, and her excuse that she brought the water from scribel. That way, she refilled the water in the barrel in the open. She was afraid that they would not drink the water from her body (even though her body is pure water), but it was not so.

When no one asked for water anymore, she returned to the guild, returning the barrel and the water.
[Evaulated]
"Gelderholm, it's a war torn place over there."​

Euphoria723

Unevaluated

> > >
Plugging the Breach [GH0901]

Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild

Required Level: 9

Objectives:

Prerequisites: Repairing the Dikes
Prerequisites: Flower of the Blood Fields
Swim in a flooded tunnel to the site of the leak.
Seal and repair the breach in the wall.
Assist the engineers with draining the water.

If we want to be able to retake any of the flooded tunnels...
The first step is to drain the water. We must plug the leak in the tunnels.
Are you good at swimming? Dive into the tunnel and locate the breach.
The water could be poisoned, so make sure you have a Bloodbane antidote.
If you encounter an underwater serpent... may the gods bless your soul.
We will always remember you for your bravery.

Rewards:

Money: 35 G

Other: n/a

> > >
The underwater serpent was within her domain as it swam within her. She honestly didn't care for it. They couldn't move at all, as she sealed the breach with her ice and absorbed all the water. The serpent, without the water to swim, was unable to do any meaningful resistance as she killed it. "You think it would be that easy?"

She felt interference in her control. The ice she made had forcefully phase shifted into water, and the water flooded once again. She tried to assert control over the water. But, the woman's water spirits asserted theirs too, and she couldn't fight against eleven of them. "I'm bored of waiting. So, join me now."

As she felt their domain enroached on her body, she moved to escape, taking as much water as she could before they assert their dominance on her. She reformed herself, making herself denser and denser as she shove as much water as possible into her subspace. The tunnel was flooded once again, and she had no solution like before.

How could she let the engineer do their work, when she couldn't assert her control? She had to separate the water somehow, making a permanent fortification not made of ice, and separate them. As for herself, right now she couldn't swim inside it, not without her being controlled by them. She guessed that she couldn't do this mission after all. She reported to the engineer commander, saying that it was impossible for her to do it right then.

"So, you say that the hydra side have people like you too?"

she nodded.

"They can do the same thing as you? Making themselves as small as you have once, changing themselves?"

"Yes. that woman and her water spirits used the woman's spell to make a breach on the wall. As we both control water, I cannot have control when I have 11 of my kind opposing me. Not to mention, I am made of water as you see. The chance of me being controlled by them is not zero if I enter the water right now."

"That's a problem, indeed. You have been pretty effective the few times we partnered, but if we cannot find the solution for this..."

"I know. I am asking for the cancellation of the mission. It is impossible for me right now."

"Alright. Let's go back."

---

"Watery, I've given the report to our general. They asked me to bring you to them."

Why? Hasn't she reported her finding to the commander? He clarified many details about it on the way back. She honestly didn't know any more than that. "Why?"

"They ask for you to meet our magician. My report is secondhand, so they wanted to ask you directly."

"Alright." Watery answered.

She followed the man, followed by two soldier behind her. She was brought into a room in the base. One of the soldier was missing from the place, while the commander waited there with her and the remaining soldier.

After a few minutes passed, the door opened. She saw the previous soldier entering, followed by two person. One of them was wearing the same uniform as the commander, while the others was wearing a flowing purple robe with a hood that was lined with gold color. She almost laughed at the sight of a dwarf using robe like that. With their short and muscular body, that robe was practically dragged on the ground. The arm also seemed to be almost bursting from the robe.

"Well... Watery, this is our magician. Galznakk. Can you tell me the story from the start to finish?"

She told them her first encounter with the woman, as she joined with the lake where the woman resided. How that woman was casting a spell to breach the tunnel by herself, how that woman and her kin noticed her, and the woman asked her to join them. She said that she refused her. Then, she told him a few more encounter where the woman let her go as she was connected to the lake. It was then, when she was trying to plug the breach, that the spirits under the woman turned hostile against her.

"Honestly, the answer is simple. For us, we need the antidote if we want to swim there and confront the woman. But for her? That is not necessary at all. Well... I'm sure that she'll be overwhelmed when fighting against that person. So, we don't need to confront her."

"Get to the answer, please."

"It is as simple as to make her a spirit user. Since the woman's spell array forcibly transform the spirits under her employ, we just need to transform it back."

"But, isn't it inherent ability of water spirit like her to make the water their domain?"

"Yes. Simply because of that, that I am confident in my theory. Say, Watery. Are you only one droplet of the water, or are you this whole body?" The man asked, he seemed assured of his knowledge.

"The whole body." The man's face looked smug.

"See. For example, this is Ice bolt array." The man summoned a magic circle in front of them all. "If I push my mana through it, it will be reformed into an ice bolt."

An ice bolt came out from the array and shot to the wall. The man beside her looked annoyed, but didn't say anything.

"So..." the robed dwarf said, "A spirit user have the advantage of using spirits as the fuel of their spell instead of mana. That makes them pretty efficient in their battle. But the basic theory held. Using the energy through the array to manifest a phenomenon, that was what the woman do."

"So, you are saying if Watery make an array, and they passed through it, they will be converted into her magic?"

"Close, but not quite. If they are just enroaching her, this is true. They will be converted into energy for her spell. They can resist the transformation, of course, by disconnecting from her array. So, as long as they don't want to be converted, they will avoid her array."

"Then, the other case?"

"I'm getting to that. The problem is when she faced a spirit that has been transformed through an array. She had to reverse the transformation first before she can manipulate the spirit. That means she has to reverse engineer the enemy's spell array. Well... you would have to study for two years at the least before you can competently use this method, Watery."

---

With the man's tutelage, she was able to cast her first spell, water ball, after studying for ten days. following the man's method, she manifested the array for water ball around her as she transformed into her ice form.

"Since you have to manipulate the water too, you have to open up your domain, but not letting it touching the spell array. Else you will be converted to water ball, instanteously in your case, as you are the caster. Gauge the enemy, but not by expanding your domain. Use your head. When you are sure they are not around you, only then you should open your array and let you control it. Then, you have to freeze it and deploy the water ball spell array. The woman will have to counter that by transforming the spirit into a phenomena. Now, maintain this ice wall by using your own ice manipulation, as that is the only thing that you can do now. Let the engineer work after you absorbed the water around you. After they are done, go back."

She began her first phase. She deployed the array around her body, without a gap in them. She then entered the water.

"So... have you decided to join me?"

She keep her domain separate to the water, only limited to her ice body. She swam to the breach location. As she moved forward, she felt one of her array reacted. Knowing that the spirit was trying to enroach her domain, she felt happiness as she felt the spirit detached itself from her array.

"That's a neat toy you have, little spirit."

She deployed more array around her. This was her solution to the sensing of the water spirit the woman command. The arrays she had reacted, and went inert again and again. She overlaid the location behind the breach with her array. As she felt no more reaction, she began her second phase.

At this point, she didn't know how much of the water spirits was beside the woman. She deployed her array in the woman's side of the breach. As she didn't know how much of the woman's water spirit was beside her, she began to freeze the water, absorbing her own side.

"So that's your plan. I see... Then, you will defend against my attack using that ice wall of yours. Well... you are your ice wall too, remember?"

This was bad. her current side has been drained of water, and the scout at the top has signaled them to move. She could hear the engineer team move. Could she defend her ice while being converted into the woman's spell?

She felt herself sucked into the array. The spell array the woman deployed was trying to transform her into the woman's spell. The spell was deployed inside her ice, which meant she had to disconnect from her ice. She wanted to blame the magician for his confidence of his plan. Though, she blamed herself for trusting that magician.

'Only one thing to do.' She thought.

She extend her domain further than the ice wall. As she was in front of it, she made her domain smaller as she was in front of it.

"So, you came out yourself. Well... can you defend that ice wall against this?"

The woman began her attack. She deployed a lot of spell array around her, limiting her movement. She herself only focused to make the water she was colder and colder. She knew that she would lose in contest of strength against the woman, thus, she wanted to freeze as much water around her as layer against the woman's attack. From around the woman, she began to see the spirits transformed.

11 of them, and she couldn't do anything but defend. The only target was at her, or at the ice wall at the back. How then? How could she fight her? How could she protect them?

She was desperate at this point. The woman turned some of the water spirits on her into a large icicle. She didn't know. How? How? She constructed a water ball array. She didn't have any idea what would happen when she did this. Would she die? would she still be alive?

She became a water ball. passing through the array, she didn't know what happened. Only after she reformed herself that she realized that she was launched as a water ball attack.

Looking at her back...

It was too much. Kuzzey, Tolle, Miguel, Nicol... their corpse floated there as the ice wall was breached. The engineer corps she had spend her time with in Gelderholm, they were dead...

"See? I've shown you that it is futile to fight against me. Now, choose. You can join me or you can die here with them, which one do you choose?"

She chose revenge. She dug her memory, about the lesson on how to construct spell circles. Modifying the array of the water ball, she launched herself above. As she regained her consciousness, she constructed another array. This time with different parameter. She believed that that woman knew how to deconstruct her array. Thus, she varied its construction as she turned herself to water ball magic again and again.

Escaping through the tunnel, she returned, reporting about the mission failure.
[Evaluated]
"Hmm.. well, here's your compensation."​
  • Money: 15

FlutterOfCrows

Delivering Packages [Evaluation Needed]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Pick up 3 packages from the guild mail office.
  • Deliver the packages to their intended recipients.
  • The packages must not be damaged.
The Adventurer's Guild operates the public mail service in the Scribel Region.
Some citizens live outside of the city in weird odd places. Can you find them?
Beware, monsters and thieves wander the road!
Rewards:
  • Money: 18 G

A sunny afternoon, a great day for running around Scribel City. Right now, Vesper’s told to deliver some packages. With 3 of them in hand, he ran to the nearest destination, the tailor’s shop.

As he hand the Ms. Tailor her package which felt soft and bouncy, probably fabric, she thank him with a smile. The second one is at the house districts, the receiver a man in his forties. Vesper delivered the last one to the farmlands to a young farmer.
>>>>>
Dust reads over the concise albeit short report of the quest and states as he flops his head from side to side, "Everything checks out, here ya go."
Rewards:
  • Money: 18 G

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Unevaluated.

> > >

Cooking Rations [SC0107]
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 rations
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >

"Say. When does the guild close?" Eria said.

Hiita, who was sitting and reading a book, raised her head. "Hmm... let's make Dharc ask the receptionist. Why?"

"Well... if it is open all time, can't we use the kitchen for a sleeping place? We don't have to pay for the tavern too." Eria said.

"Honestly? Between the hard floor and the bed, I will choose the bed every time. Though, if it is an emergency, I don't mind."

"But, don't we want to buy that book too? also, buying equipment for Dharc and us... That will cost a lot."

"If you think like that, then you probably want us to conserve food cost by making rations again?"

"Yes. That's my intention."

---

'Dharc, Eria said that she want us to do this quest three times for today.' Hiita voice echoed inside his mind.

"Alright, let me finish submitting this one first. Then, I'll take this quest twice." Dharc said softly, as he was stared by the receptionist. Did he look like he was insane for talking alone like that? Should he explain that he was talking to the voices in his head? They still hadn't found the solution to the issue of the necessity of speaking to send messages to that place. Because of that, he felt that it couldn't be helped.

'OK. Contact us when you are ready to switch.' Hiita replied.

---

"Eria." Dharc begin. Since he went into the Library, Hiita took over their body once again. She was making another batch of hardtack in the kitchen. Looking at Eria, Dharc asked, "I don't think we should focus at the tome right now. We need to spend two days full for our sleep after our journey here. Each of our body is tired, and we need that bed."

Since the stasis preserved their body, that meant that the stasis also preserved their fatigue. He couldn't get all of them collapse due to a lack of sleep.

"I know. I'm talking in the long run. For tomorrow and the day after, we'll switch with each other to sleep." Eria said.

"Okay then." Dharc nodded.

---

'I can't keep making hardtacks for us. Should I open the recipe book once again?' Hiita thought. at the moment, she had one batch of forty currently being baked in the oven, and second batch ready to be baked.

She opened the cabinet and took out the recipe book. She then placed it on the countertop. Her head turned to the corner of the kitchen, looking for a stool to sit on. As she found it, she dragged it to the front of the counter she put the book on.

Her right hand touched the front of the book, touching its edges. She then used her finger to give it a slight pull. Pulling the cover to the right, she then used her finger to touch the edge of the paper. She pushed on it, then she dragged it until it was separated from the next page. Then, she used another of her finger to insert itself between the pages. Finding the space inbetween, she then turned the page.

She continued to do so, until she found a section for rations. As she found the ration section, she began to read deeper, reading the ingredients and comparing it to what she knew about it in her head.

'Pemmican should fit. Perhaps after we submitted these two batches, I can work on it.'

Noting the recipe, she then went back to the oven and took out the first batch. Placing all of them on a large plate, she then moved to where she placed the second batch. She took them and put it into the oven.

"Dharc. It is ready to be submitted." She whispered to herself.

'Alright. Let's switch.'

As she closed her eyes, she found herself inside the library.

---

Taking the batch Hiita made, Dharc moved to the receptionist desk and submitted it. He then took out the third quest form for this mission for his third submission.
[Evaluated]
"Mmm! I wouldn't eat those. (pemmicans) I'm too much of a glutton."​

Euphoria723

Unevaluated

> > >

Cooking Rations [SC0107]
Objectives:
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
Rewards:
> > >

Dharc switched with Hiita once again, as they arrived on the kitchen.

"Dharc, take this quest once again. I'm going to prepare some batches of pemmican for us." Hiita whispered. She then returned to the book, memorizing and visualizing each steps to make the pemmican.

The time passed as she read. When she felt that the batches in the oven has been cooked, she then pulled it out and placed the hardtacks on a plate.

"Your turn again, Dharc."

---

"I want to submit these rations." Dharc said, putting the plate on the receptionist's desk.
[Evaluated]
"Nice nice, you're going with those cooking duties!"​

FlutterOfCrows

Hunting Mission [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky

After turning in the tails with a face full of disgust, Vesper was told the guild needs meat. Yes, he’s send on a hunting quest. He flew to North Scribel Forest in luan form and changed into a human upon arrival.

As Vesper went deeper into the forest, he spotted a group of grazing deers. Vesper readied his bow and shot 2 of them in the neck. The others quickly noticed and fled, leaving the 2 fallen deers. He tied their legs up by ropes and brought them back to the guild.
>>>>>
Dust looks over the Quest Report he is given, and though confused, rereads it a few times, before finally stating, "Everything checks out, though would have been interesting to hear bout ya return trip, but that's just my preference, here ya go."
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 Jerky

FlutterOfCrows

Missing Children [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
  • Money: 15 G

It’s early morning and Vesper found himself sitting inside someone else’s house and questioning a middle aged couple on a missing girl named Guo Guo. He had went to check out the guild’s Missing Person Bulletin Board and settle on a small girl with a cute name. Long brown hair in a pigtail, last seen out in the farm areas where she’d like to help her family’s long time friends pick apples or water the fields.

Oh well, it’s not just Guo Guo that’s missing. There’s also her friend, the one of the farmer family’s young son, Beckah. Apparently, the 2 children had went to the apple orchard to play and wasn’t seen again. And it’s been a couple days now.

Vesper assured the worrying couple and went to Beckah’s family orchard to see if he can find some trace. He searched for clues among the trees and noticed a faint scratch mark hidden among one of the apple tree’s shadows. Vesper recognized it immediately. It’s from a hagsfiend. Those ravenous monsters must have thought of the two children, Guo Guo and Beckah as food.

He changed back into Luan form and quickly flew to the hagsfiend nests located at the eastern regions of North Scribel Forest. When he arrived, Vesper just so happened to see a nest of hagsfiend chicks ready to chow down on the 2 children under the watchful eyes of their mother.

Vesper screeched loudly in alarm and dived at the nest at full speed and snatched the frightened children in time. Then he rushed away from the now chasing hagsfiend mother.
>>>>>>>>>>
Dust enjoys that everyone came out of that alive, though he is very confused about what a hagsfiend is, and why it sounds so delicious, dust comments with a gluttonous tone after a few more seconds of thought, "Everything checks out, here's ya rewards."
Rewards:

Reciful

APPRAISED

Title: Investigate the Blight
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Find out what causes the Forest Blights, or obtain a clue towards it.
  • Find out ways to better clear the blights themselves.
Description: A semi-regular occurrence at the area near Scribel is that a blight will occur, in which plants will suddenly get infected by evil and start spreading that infection to the nearby plants, being able to take over the whole forest if nothing is done about it.
While it doesn't happen too often, the difficulty in handling those matters and the fact they could take over a whole forest if left unchecked, led to the guild even needing a permanent quest to handle them.
We'd like you to investigate what cause those issues, and if possible find a solution to them.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 250
  • Money: 30G

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 8 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Investigate the Blight
Quest Report.

Sooooo I tried Investigating The blight... Reason I got interested on them you see.

But it might be wrong you know~ but it's just a clue after all... a theory~

After Countless Slime attacked the city resulting upon the death of many-many people & other beings. The land surrounding Scrible is filled by spirits of those who died.

I felt weird feelings or should I say Aura? Perhaps presence?? looming around somewhere After the raid ends.

Naturally I ignore it, since its not particularly bothering me or anything. But 5 months after the Slime raid....

A felt the manifestations of Miasma(Evil mana) here in Scrible. a harmful form of Energy that corrupt ones Nature & the world around it.

Then few weeks later news about Forest Blight appearing in the Scrible forest became known... And so the Guild issued a Quest for its quick Elimination & investigation.

Since the city is currently still in the state of Recovery from the damage it took from the Slime raid... The City & the guild both can't lend many people due to lack of man power.

So Only few Adventurer accept the quest.... Including me.

Miasma also known as Evil mana, Mana of Corruption, or Demonic Aura. It's a unknown unnatural element or should I say energy? that distorts the nature & order/laws of the world around it.... You may even call it a curse.

Like how a innocent Rabbits will become a Hideous beast.

Like how a righteous man shall lose his mind falling into madness... & Become a monster.

Like how a harmless pretty flower will transform into a sinister violent parasite that infect others.

Or like how a beautiful pure lake... Turn into putrid poisonous colored muddy water of Corruption.

Miasma changes the nature of anything into something entirely different & malevolent. But What makes it truly terrifying is not how it transform one image, Not the power it grant, or the insanity it induce.... But instead its nature to quickly spread this Corruption to its surrounding like a virus in short amount of time.

To the point that it would shallow the surrounding environment itself if left alone.

Why do I know this?....well I'm once a manner of being Who have a very close relationship with Miasma long ago.

Anyway, the truth about Miasma is that, No one actually knows how it came into existence.... How it was born? Or Created?... No one have the definite answer.... Or perhaps one could say that the Evil mana can come in sooooo many different ways that it blurry the true origin of its creation.

Although its origin & creation is a Mystery. There we're several method on How to manifest/Bring Evil mana into the world or dimension for example...

"A Powerful Evil Entity who is naturally surrounded by Miasma itself is currently present in the world & unknowingly spreading Corruption here & there" like the Former me.

Or someone made a contract or obtain a item from a demonic being & S/he gain evil power/knowledge that brings Miasma.

Last is for Someone or something from this world. Is stupid Enough to open a door or create a rift towards an alternate dimension connected to places such as Hell, Netherworld, Demon World or any similar world that is overflowing with miasma which in return leaks into Tonia resulting to Corruption.

But you see... That's why I got interested in this case. because I felt the Miasma manifested near in Scrible... yet how it manifest Is none of the 3 ways mentioned above.

I believe that Forest Blight is actually a corruption brought By Evil mana/Miasma.

I want to know how it manifested into Tonia.... or Perhaps it was somehow Created in here... If so Then want to in what way it was created in Tonia.

***​

We went to the location said where the Blight is seen.

What I notice first is the Large amount of wandering Vengeful spirit & lost souls outside the city..... I can see ghost & other stuff you know just saying.

I & other Adventurer were attacked By animal, Monster & Plant who Unfortunately that got distorted by the Forest Blight.... they are indeed covered By Ominous Evil Mana.

We found a plant that seems to be the main source of Corruption.. From what I can see it getting supplied by Evil mana somewhere... I Observe other Adventurer attempt first on how they vanquish it.

In the end I absorb the Miasma Including the Forest Blight..... Cause their attempt is unbearably pointless & hard to watch...

Yeah I mean you can destroy the blight... But what about the evil presence? Its still in there. What they did is just trying to eliminate its Medium not the actual cause the evil.

For now I think I have an Idea.... Well its just a theory of mine anyway.... It might be wrong or lacking.
Clue!!
  1. It effect not only the plants But! The land itself & other living being as well if they get exposed to its evil by a very long period... Or have little resistance to such.
  2. It show no visible effect on Evil & Dark alignment type of being... Like me.
  3. (Not sure) The evil mana might be from the Negatives Emotion of the "dead spirits who fail to find peace". Their Various Emotion of Regret, remorse, wrath, Envy, etc.. In short all negative emotion. Thus multiple Strong negative Emotions concentrated into a single place can perhaps Corrupt the rich pure mana came from the forest/nature turning it into Evil mana which in turn give birth to a forest Blight......... But this is just my theory.
  4. I suggest not use fire or normal magics spell.... You might destroy the Blight physical but not the evil in it... It will simply switch for a new host/vessel to corrupt. & Repeat the cycle.
  5. (Not sure) Priests holy or light magic might be strong against evil... but Evil attribute is likewise strong against holy... Unless you have a strong holy magic. I suggest refrain having any association with Blight.... What if you got Corrupted instead?

Solution!!
  • (Solution not sure) to avoid this.... I guess Exorcism, purify, or Destruction of those Wandering evil Spirits can help... If their negative Emotion really the main cause.
  • (Solution) while normal magic spell might be insufficient. Perhaps Conceptual Spell might work. Such as Curse spell, sealing spell or basically any magic that doesn't attack it directly physically A.K.A spells that vanquish, prevent, or seal evil will be effective.
  • (Solution not sure) Dark/Evil Alignment type Beings can perhaps able to control, manipulate, or absorb the Miasma/Evil within the Forest Blight its main cause. As they are immune to it. But it might depend on the individual being themselves if they can or cannot.
  • (Not sure) I'm not sure but perhaps dark magic might be able to contain the blight Corruption... Not sure.
  • (Solution) Holy/Divine items like Holy water or Holy relics will be effective against it. As it dispell & purify the evil in the land.

OCC: its this report is too much for you or not fit to your taste just mark it as fail.

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated > > >

Hanging from the Gallows [SR0803]
  • Sponsor: (Variable)
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Freedom Fighters or Fragments of a Torn Map
  • Infiltrate the enemy's execution.
  • Rescue your companion from the gallows.
  • Fight your way to safety and escape together!
We’ve been tricked! It was a trap! Our best fighter...!
They’ve been captured! The enemy has them!
There was an announcement that they would be hanged.
We have… eight hours… before they execute them...!
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • Other: N/A
> > >

Watery felt like she was used. The captain said that their comrade was captured, but where was her backup? Why did she have to arrive here alone? Where was the captain and his crew, for that matter?

Like before, she compressed her body as small as possible into a water ball. No one paid attention to the little flying droplet as she moved through the guards protecting the supposedly captain's comrade. If the command wasn't rescue, she thought she could defeat this band of enemy. But, protecting him? It was a problem for her. The man was guarded by two men beside him. He was tied, and his head was placed below a guillotine. The moment she freed the man and killed the guard, she would have to protect him from everyone around him. Considering she could count more than fifty... if they broke through her, the man would be killed.

Watery had an idea, but this would depend on the man's endurance. Would he be able to stay alive while she escape with him? This part of the plan was what made watery hesitate.

First, she had to fly to above the man. With that thought, she begin to move. Her target was the guillotine above the man's head.

She arrived at the guillotine. The next thing she had to do was to dispose of the two guard and protect the man. She moved along the wood where the guillotine was being attached to. As she was level with the man's head, she aimed at the two guard and grew ice spear from her body, as her body expanded.

She enveloped the man. This part of the plan needed the man's endurance for it. She froze her body in the shape of a ball, the man within her. With that, she used her control over the ice to spin her body toward the exit.

"Stop it!"

She heard such shout, but as she bowled through the people who wasn't able to escape in time, she ignored that. Her body was cold, and the longer she kept him inside her without air, the greater the man's chance to die. Therefore, she had to pick up speed.

---

The man vomited. They had successfully escape from that group of pirate, and the man vomited as she melted into water. He was coughing, sneezing and vomiting. Being frozen there must be terrible for him. But, she had no other way to rescue him. Silently, she said sorry to him.

Since the man was alive, she would stay beside the man until the captain pick the man and her. This time, he wouldn't be able to ignore her. She would make it certain herself.

Last edited:

FlutterOfCrows

Blacksmith's Apprentice [Evaluation Needed]
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

It’s noon now and since he had plan to pay the Smithing Guild a visit, he brought a cart of firewood since the smithing guild requires them as payment. People from his clan back home all have a general knowledge of blacksmithing so Vesper want to be able to use the smithing guild’s forges.

He met Faylon, a passionate man with a love for the job. It reminds Vesper of his parental uncle, Tang Tang. The man’s stomach is like a black hole and has monstrous strength, but with a face like a clean neat scholar. Faylon is just this kind of person.

Vesper told him that and Faylon laughed, “hahaha, is that so? I suddenly want to meet that uncle of yours!”

Faylon asks Vesper to help add in the firewood as he tempers the metal. He was also helped pour in the melted metals and as Vesper help around the forge, afternoon came. He bid Faylon goodbye and left.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dust finds it nice that others are finding Familia among the townsfolk, as Dust state, in a soft and polite tone, "This looks right, here you go."
Rewards:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guide forges

Himekawa

Unevaluated

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 8 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Investigate the Blight
Quest Report.

Sooooo I tried Investigating The blight... Reason I got interested on them you see.

But it might be wrong you know~ but it's just a clue after all... a theory~

After Countless Slime attacked the city resulting upon the death of many-many people & other beings. The land surrounding Scrible is filled by spirits of those who died.

I felt weird feelings or should I say Aura? Perhaps presence?? looming around somewhere After the raid ends.

Naturally I ignore it, since its not particularly bothering me or anything. But 5 months after the Slime raid....

A felt the manifestations of Miasma(Evil mana) here in Scrible. a harmful form of Energy that corrupt ones Nature & the world around it.

Then few weeks later news about Forest Blight appearing in the Scrible forest became known... And so the Guild issued a Quest for its quick Elimination & investigation.

Since the city is currently still in the state of Recovery from the damage it took from the Slime raid... The City & the guild both can't lend many people due to lack of man power.

So Only few Adventurer accept the quest.... Including me.

Miasma also known as Evil mana, Mana of Corruption, or Demonic Aura. It's a unknown unnatural element or should I say energy? that distorts the nature & order/laws of the world around it.... You may even call it a curse.

Like how a innocent Rabbits will become a Hideous beast.

Like how a righteous man shall lose his mind falling into madness... & Become a monster.

Like how a harmless pretty flower will transform into a sinister violent parasite that infect others.

Or like how a beautiful pure lake... Turn into putrid poisonous colored muddy water of Corruption.

Miasma changes the nature of anything into something entirely different & malevolent. But What makes it truly terrifying is not how it transform one image, Not the power it grant, or the insanity it induce.... But instead its nature to quickly spread this Corruption to its surrounding like a virus in short amount of time.

To the point that it would shallow the surrounding environment itself if left alone.

Why do I know this?....well I'm once a manner of being Who have a very close relationship with Miasma long ago.

Anyway, the truth about Miasma is that, No one actually knows how it came into existence.... How it was born? Or Created?... No one have the definite answer.... Or perhaps one could say that the Evil mana can come in sooooo many different ways that it blurry the true origin of its creation.

Although its origin & creation is a Mystery. There we're several method on How to manifest/Bring Evil mana into the world or dimension for example...

"A Powerful Evil Entity who is naturally surrounded by Miasma itself is currently present in the world & unknowingly spreading Corruption here & there" like the Former me.

Or someone made a contract or obtain a item from a demonic being & S/he gain evil power/knowledge that brings Miasma.

Last is for Someone or something from this world. Is stupid Enough to open a door or create a rift towards an alternate dimension connected to places such as Hell, Netherworld, Demon World or any similar world that is overflowing with miasma which in return leaks into Tonia resulting to Corruption.

But you see... That's why I got interested in this case. because I felt the Miasma manifested near in Scrible... yet how it manifest Is none of the 3 ways mentioned above.

I believe that Forest Blight is actually a corruption brought By Evil mana/Miasma.

I want to know how it manifested into Tonia.... or Perhaps it was somehow Created in here... If so Then want to in what way it was created in Tonia.

***​

We went to the location said where the Blight is seen.

What I notice first is the Large amount of wandering Vengeful spirit & lost souls outside the city..... I can see ghost & other stuff you know just saying.

I & other Adventurer were attacked By animal, Monster & Plant who Unfortunately that got distorted by the Forest Blight.... they are indeed covered By Ominous Evil Mana.

We found a plant that seems to be the main source of Corruption.. From what I can see it getting supplied by Evil mana somewhere... I Observe other Adventurer attempt first on how they vanquish it.

In the end I absorb the Miasma Including the Forest Blight..... Cause their attempt is unbearably pointless & hard to watch...

Yeah I mean you can destroy the blight... But what about the evil presence? Its still in there. What they did is just trying to eliminate its Medium not the actual cause the evil.

For now I think I have an Idea.... Well its just a theory of mine anyway.... It might be wrong or lacking.
Clue!!
  1. It effect not only the plants But! The land itself & other living being as well if they get exposed to its evil by a very long period... Or have little resistance to such.
  2. It show no visible effect on Evil & Dark alignment type of being... Like me.
  3. (Not sure) The evil mana might be from the Negatives Emotion of the "dead spirits who fail to find peace". Their Various Emotion of Regret, remorse, wrath, Envy, etc.. In short all negative emotion. Thus multiple Strong negative Emotions concentrated into a single place can perhaps Corrupt the rich pure mana came from the forest/nature turning it into Evil mana which in turn give birth to a forest Blight......... But this is just my theory.
  4. I suggest not use fire or normal magics spell.... You might destroy the Blight physical but not the evil in it... It will simply switch for a new host/vessel to corrupt. & Repeat the cycle.
  5. (Not sure) Priests holy or light magic might be strong against evil... but Evil attribute is likewise strong against holy... Unless you have a strong holy magic. I suggest refrain having any association with Blight.... What if you got Corrupted instead?

Solution!!
  • (Solution not sure) to avoid this.... I guess Exorcism, purify, or Destruction of those Wandering evil Spirits can help... If their negative Emotion really the main cause.
  • (Solution) while normal magic spell might be insufficient. Perhaps Conceptual Spell might work. Such as Curse spell, sealing spell or basically any magic that doesn't attack it directly physically A.K.A spells that vanquish, prevent, or seal evil will be effective.
  • (Solution not sure) Dark/Evil Alignment type Beings can perhaps able to control, manipulate, or absorb the Miasma/Evil within the Forest Blight its main cause. As they are immune to it. But it might depend on the individual being themselves if they can or cannot.
  • (Not sure) I'm not sure but perhaps dark magic might be able to contain the blight Corruption... Not sure.
  • (Solution) Holy/Divine items like Holy water or Holy relics will be effective against it. As it dispell & purify the evil in the land.

OCC: its this report is too much for you or not fit to your taste just mark it as fail.
Dharc saw the report. The miasma seemed interesting material to him. He probably could use that as material for his next familiar. But, he had to first relearn magic first.

Marking the quest as complete, he let the receptionist know to give the woman her reward.

OOC: quest completed. Please mark it as evaluated/appraised. Reward: 250EXP/30G

Last edited:

FlutterOfCrows

unevaluated

> > >
Fragments of a Torn Map [SR0704]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Captain’s Test
  • Track down a rival pirate crew.
  • Determine if they still possess the map piece.
  • Utilize any means necessary to extort its location.
  • Collect one of the map fragments.
Once upon a time, six young pirates sat in a tavern.
As friends, comrades, they shared rum and split the spoils.
One pirate opened a bottle and discovered a stunning treasure map.
Greedy, the pirates killed each other over the map’s possession.
With a torn map and splintered crew, each pirate set out their own path.
This was decades ago. Your captain wants to settle an old score.
Rewards:
> > >

Watery wondered. Why, after she joined the ambling pirates, she had not yet set sail on the open sea? After the initiation test, he just dropped her here at some port that she didn't know about. The captain, instead, just asked her to track the group called bashful pirate here. He said that he would fetch her three days later. Was this a neglect play?

She guessed she was just an errand girl for now. The captain had ordered her here to fetch some kind of treasure map from the bashful pirates. What kind of map was it, anyway? Her leg brought her to one pub. If there was one thing she knew about being a pirate, it was that they like to drink their alcohol.

She looked around the tavern. The bashful pirates were known for their unique attire and their axes. A hooded robe with red, green, blue and gray color. The robe has some kind of ear thing coming from its hood, and two large buttons were sewn on its top, giving the appearance of a ragged puppet, if that puppet was human sized. Found them. The captain said they had some basic training as a mage. Hearing that, she felt that she should have joined them instead of that no good crew. For now, she would just observe them.

"Umm... I noticed that you are staring at us." one of the bashful pirate said from his desk. Was she too close in her observation? She thought that she wouldn't be noticed with the people around her being so boisterous. She thought that she had perfected her unassuming observer pose, with her empty gaze. But, sitting beside them was a no-no huh. She would have to revise it for the future. For now, she nodded at the white-haired boy's question.

If she had to be honest, the quadruplet was so close in appearance. It was like someone took them from a painting, then just recolored their clothes to be different. Not even one part of their hair seem different. That would be something she would be confused on if she later decided to steal from them. Captain had said that the grey one was the captain's old comrade. But, couldn't they just swap their clothes?

She decided to stand up and come to their desk. She believed that she should be direct here.

"The captain of the ambling pirates gives his greeting." She bowed slightly. Was she too polite? No matter. She would have the time to learn pirate's speech pattern in the future. For now, "He'd like to gather the torn maps and want yours."

The grey robed one raised his head and spoke. "If he want this piece of scrap paper, sure. Not for free, though."

Was it the lighting? The glare from the lighting made his glasses shine briefly as he interlocked his finger on the desk. He then continued. "We expect supplies, enough for one month of seafaring in exchange for the map."

"That can be done. Let's meet at the port in three days." Well... if the captain didn't want to pay for her expenses, she could just find another captain.

---

As the captain said, three days later, the captain's ship arrived at the port. She then boarded the ship and went to the captain quarter.

"So, how is it? Did you get the map?"

"They'll come today, captain. I don't know what the map looked like, so I think of asking you to be there today."

"Be there?" the captain asked as he tilted his head slightly.

"Yes. I've made an arrangement for them to deliver the map. Now, I just need to fulfill our part of arrangement." she said while also making sure to stress on the 'our' part of the sentence.

"What kind of arrangement?"

"bringing them one month of supplies."

"Don't tell me..." his face became slightly paler. "Are you going to take our supply and give it to them?"

she nodded. After all, fishes was available in the sea. There was no problem in giving them their ration, she thought. And if they need their fisherman, she could volunteer. With her, how hard would it be to catch fishes? Therefore, she would no longer be neglected here.

"If... If I don't agree to it?"

"Your ship?" she tilted her head.

---

The exchange took place in the afternoon. The captain of the ambling pirates has his piece of paper, and the bashful pirates has their supplies. Thus, her job was done.
>>>>>>>>>>>
Dust notes down these pirates, wondering if he could meet them at some point in the future and what adventurers he would have with them, "No idea why this is here, but besides some mishaps, you got the job done, and that's what counts. Here's your reward.~"
Rewards:

FlutterOfCrows

Unevaluated
> > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

She was neglected once again, with an additional order to not give anything if she had to negotiate like before. After the exchange of the map and the supplies yesterday, the captain asked her to search for the next holder, which according to the captain was located in this island too. He would send a messenger pigeon this time to fetch the part of the map in three days. After that, he sailed away, and she was left here again.

The chicken pirate. one of the most feared pirate in this part of the sea. His breath could petrify people, and the captain was an expert in throwing egg on people. The problem was that he has 80% or more success rate of inducing amnesia when the thrown egg hit people's head, according to the bartender.

Thus, she set up to look for him.

---

No one told her that the chicken pirate captain was a literal giant chicken. Well... the chicken had snake coming out of its rear. Wing, check. Chicken head, check. Chicken leg, check. snake body... If she had to compare between the snake she found in the wild and that one, the only thing that was missing was its tail. So, she added the body to the checklist. According to the book she had read in the library, this creature was classified as cockatrice.

She had expected him to be more serpentine-like instead of chicken-like. Like a dragon instead of a chicken. Nevertheless, she had her mission.

"So, you've come from the ambling pirates. Tell me, how is he?" The chicken spoke. Did it have a developed vocal cord? Though, she herself didn't have one, and she could speak. Thinking about it, she never knew how she could speak.

"Healthy." she replied.

"That's like him, indeed. alright, what do you want?"

"Map..."

"That old thing? Sure." He said. Somehow, she could feel an aura of smugness from him? She discontinued this line of thought.

"Freely?"

"Sure... sure... give my regards to him, will you?"

She nodded and said her thanks. After this, she just need to send it using the captain's pigeon.

---

She wondered why the captain didn't come back for her. From his pigeon, she found 20G and a note to go to another island, to search for another fragment of the map. Was she even a proper pirate? She felt like treasure hunter instead at this moment.

She tied the map fragment to the pigeon and let it fly away. Next, Greed island.
>>>>>>>>>>
Dust looked over the quest, and though he had..Many questions, he decided they would wait, as Dust stamps, "Everything checks out miss Water Fairy! here are your rewards."
Rewards:

FlutterOfCrows

unevaluated.> > >

Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

A slave trader. The woman was a slave trader. Arriving at the island, the dancing pirates were easily found. Their name was well known among the people there as a prominent slave trader group.

"You want that old map? Simple, bring me two slaves. You can look for people to be slaved, or you can buy it from me. I'll even throw 20% discount for you. So, which one ?"

"I'll look around." Buying slaves at her must be overpriced.

"Okay. Here's two collar. I'll wait for your delivery!" The woman said, cheerily.

searching for slaves, huh. This meant that she had to defeat some pirates and make them submit, right? That meant she had to kidnap someone. Easy.

Standing in front of the bar, she saw pirates coming in and out of this area. She was looking for a group of three or less. After the night came, she began her stalking.

'Not this one. Not this one either. This one was alone?'

She followed the man. As they went into a secluded road, she struck at the base of his neck.

'One get.'

She just have to look for one more. looking around, she didn't have anyone that could be a target. Therefore, stashing the man somewhere, she tied the collar to his neck.

---

She wondered why people dared to come out alone right this. When there was a kidnapper running around, wasn't being together a good policy? She saw most of the people coming in and out together. Though, those lone wolves made it easy for her to do it. As she attached another collar to her new helper, she dragged the two.

somehow, they were staring at her when she did this. Come to think of it. The two wore similar attire, too. Were they the ruler of this place? There was someone in front of her too, trying to block her way and hand over these two.

"You don't know who we..." she punched his face. She could feel her ice hand fracture upon hitting the man's face. As she recovered her hand, she felt that this situation was annoying. As for the man, he was out cold there.

The man's teammate began to attack. Those two was her catch now, not your teammate. You could buy them later from that dancing pirates. They unloaded their pistol into her while she was thinking those thought.

do they want to take these two that much? She pulled one of her catch and heaved his body in front of her. If they wanted to kill this man, she could take another one like the one currently unconscious in front of her. At this action, they halted.

Since they stopped, she took the two with her.

---

they followed her to dancing pirate's base. One of her victim must be someone important, since when she used his body, they didn't dare to attack. Well... that was good for her, right? It seemed like their number multiplied too. Was one of them their captain?

she brought them inside. Two slaves, freshly caught.

At the sight of two of them, the woman came over. Did she caught someone the woman knew personally? How could she know about that information anyway? If this came to this, she should prepare for confrontation. Making one of her hand into blade, she pointed it to her victim.

"Map?"

"Release them! You dare to make an enemy of dancing pirate!? Even if he is my old mate, this is a declaration of war! Release them or I won't let you come out of here alive!"

She wondered what made the captain so emotional. The woman seemed calm when they first meet.

"I just want the map." Watery said.

"You attack my first mate and brother over that map!?"

first mate? brother? She fucked up?

"Just the map and I'll leave."

the woman calmed down slightly at that. Enough to be reasonable over this matter, at least. The woman dropped the map on where she stood.

"Come here and take it."

She wondered if this was an attempt to corner her. She was the only one on the door side. And if she went there, she would be trapped in the room.

no matter. As she directly walked to the floor the woman once stood, the woman hugged the wall and moved around her to go to the two.

She crouched and took the map. As she stood up and raised her head, her head was pierced by an arrow and subsequently destroyed.

"How do you like that, bitch?"

Should she reform her head? she had her map. For now, she would better return. Her head could be reformed later.

She ran, slamming onto that woman on her way out. Jumping over the two unconscious man, she ran to the exit.

A few more shot from their forces hit her, as she passed through. She was only glad that she wasn't delayed by one of them destroying this puppet body's joint, As she managed to break out of their base, she reformed her head. For good measure, she changed her face too.

with that, she waited for the man's bird to come here.
>>>>>>>>>>
Dust wonders what manner of action he should take to this group once he gets there, but decides its a better time to think later on. As Dust stamps again, "Things check out, do recommend you try to avoid capturing the same crew's allies in any future capture quest."
Rewards:

FlutterOfCrows

> > >
She wondered if the fourth pirate would be more reasonable. After the disastrous encounter with the third, she hoped that she could get that map peacefully.

---

"You want my map, dood?"

She nodded.

"50G or this exchange won't happen, dood."

Right. This was reasonable. She gave the penguin-costumed person 50G and got her map.

"Nice dooing business with you, dood." The penguin waved.

Four of five. Just one more, after this. After this, he won't be able to leave her alone like this. He'd accept her as a proper pirate crew, definitely.

She left the penguin and went to the meeting place, waiting for his pigeon to come there.
Dust has little issue with this one, though does wonder how many Penguinkin's are in Spire reef for some to be pirate captain? Least they have someone famous now. As Dust stamps once more, "Everything works, excellent job this time, good work."
Rewards:

FenrIIrz

> > >
Objectives:
Once upon a time, six young pirates sat in a tavern.As friends, comrades, they shared rum and split the spoils.One pirate opened a bottle and discovered a stunning treasure map.Greedy, the pirates killed each other over the map’s possession.With a torn map and splintered crew, each pirate set out their own path.This was decades ago. Your captain wants to settle an old score. Rewards:
> > >
After I arrived at the Spiral Reef, I regroup with Ratel pirate at the dock.

“So. Where is the fifth piece I told you to steal?” Kingsley asked

I don’t have it when I woke up. Probably lying around the beach with all those shipwrecks.

“Alright. Tomorrow we will to that island. Our crews need some rest right now.“

“Hn.” I left the captain cabin and headed to bed.
___

In the morning, Tokai and Ratel pirate’s second-in-command, Yazaak, went out to buy some groceries for the crews. On the way back to the ship, they were talking about the piece that Tokai left on the beach.

“I really worry about the map piece though. Wouldn’t it get soaked?”

“I stored the piece in a sealed container. It is a green bottle with silver labe--.” Sil stopped walking as he spotted something on some street vendor’s mat.

“Silver what? Huh. What’s wrong Tokai?” Yazaak turned his head to find Tokai when he couldn’t see him at his side.

“Silver label like that.” Tokai point at the bottle on the mat.

“Holy shit” Both uttered
___

“Cap! We got the piece!” Yazaak rushed into the room with a map piece in his hand and Tokai followed him.

“Hn. Good job. Now we can set sail to the island… What did you guys just say!?”

“We got the piece. We bought it from some old collector on the street.”

“Argh! You guys are giving me a headache everyday fucking day! Give me that and get you ass out of this room right now!” Tokai and Yazaak vanished from Kingsley’s sight a second later.

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Cooking Rations [Evaluated]
Objectives:
Rewards:

After he visit to the Smithing Guild, Vesper head to the Adventurer Guild's kitchen. This will be his second time with making cooking rations. He decide to make 40 rations of salted fishes. He skinned and beheaded the fishes from the cooler after waiting for it to thaw a bit. Then Vesper salted them and roast it over the fire until the meat cooked. Finally, he salted it again while adding other spices and instructed the kitchen staffs to let it out to dry for a day.

Last edited:

Himekawa

evaluated > > >

Office Work [SC0104]
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >

"Why are we doing office work, again?" Dharc whispered. He stood on the receptionist desk, being confined to doing the quest evaluation for the day.

'It's not that different compared to fighting outside in terms of reward. I'm planning for us to gather money first for your training.' Eria replied from inside his mind.

"What's so hard about the slime? We just need to pierce its core, right?" Dharc whispered once again.

"Mr. Dharc! Stop talking to yourself and do your job!" The receptionist beside him snapped. It seemed that even whispering was not allowed.

Dharc wanted to act professional, really. But, that day was such a slow day. Only one to two adventurer came to the guild per hour at most. The noon was also empty of quest evaluation. Apparently, that day was considered something like a holiday? Because of that, Dharc felt bored at the moment.

'Ugh... I should buy a mask later...' Dharc thought.

"Miss Ai, surely there is something I can do?" Even though it was almost afternoon, he had almost nothing to do at all.

"Other than moping the floor, cleaning the windows, and fix the roofs?" She said, her tone sarcastic. "No. All of them has been done yesterday, in preparation of holiday today."

"Can I do those?" Even that would be better, honestly. Sitting for so long, staring at the empty hall with only one other woman there and no other guild worker made him felt restless. Meanwhile, the woman was sitting ramrod straight all the while, and her expression was an expression of professionalism all these time. He tried to do the same, occasionally stealing glances on the woman to see if his attitude has been right. But past noon, he was too tired to do so.

"No." He wondered, was this how true receptionist act? Always professional even when they were so free? The woman was doing nothing like him. But other than blinking, she didn't even move. She didn't even stretch her body at all, maintaining that smile and that pose all the time in this empty place.

---

Afternoon came. The total number of adventurer who came to this place during this holiday: seven. The number of adventurer he handled personally, one.

"good work." The woman said.

"good work." He replied. He asked, "Why is this place open during holiday like this?"

"Adventurer like you, mostly. With the festival outside, most adventurers is usually celebrating today with the townsfolk. But, something may happen, like a new otherworlder coming and need something like a guidance and registration, or people strapped for cash, or people who come to submit their long term quest. We still have to serve them today."

The woman took a breath. "That's why you see that the guild is mostly empty for today, everyone except me is on holiday."

"So, where is your replacement, miss Ai? I don't think I see the receptionist for next shift."

"Holiday."

"You will keep the counter open, miss Ai?"

"I don't see why I shouldn't. Really, you don't have to be concerned over this. I am having a bonus for working today." Ai replied. He felt admiration on the woman's work ethic, really. Doing her job when everyone else was lazing around. He thought that even if no one came today, the woman would probably keep that professional attitude.

"Thank you for today, miss Ai." He said. He learned a lesson for that day. "I'm grateful for you to accept my office work request for today."

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Blacksmith's Apprentice [Evaluated]
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

After finishing with the cooking, Vesper went back to the Smith Guild. He brought a cart of wood like his first time and went to find Faylon. They had bonded pretty well last time. Vesper help around, adding wood and coal and whatnot, idly passing the time until the end of the afternoon.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

unevaluated > > >

Hanging from the Gallows [SR0803]
  • Sponsor: (Variable)
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Freedom Fighters or Fragments of a Torn Map
  • Infiltrate the enemy's execution.
  • Rescue your companion from the gallows.
  • Fight your way to safety and escape together!
We’ve been tricked! It was a trap! Our best fighter...!
They’ve been captured! The enemy has them!
There was an announcement that they would be hanged.
We have… eight hours… before they execute them...!
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
> > >

Watery felt like she was used. The captain said that their comrade was captured, but where was her backup? Why did she have to arrive here alone? Where was the captain and his crew, for that matter?

Like before, she compressed her body as small as possible into a water ball. No one paid attention to the little flying droplet as she moved through the guards protecting the supposedly captain's comrade. If the command wasn't rescue, she thought she could defeat this band of enemy. But, protecting him? It was a problem for her. The man was guarded by two men beside him. He was tied, and his head was placed below a guillotine. The moment she freed the man and killed the guard, she would have to protect him from everyone around him. Considering she could count more than fifty... if they broke through her, the man would be killed.

Watery had an idea, but this would depend on the man's endurance. Would he be able to stay alive while she escape with him? This part of the plan was what made watery hesitate.

First, she had to fly to above the man. With that thought, she begin to move. Her target was the guillotine above the man's head.

She arrived at the guillotine. The next thing she had to do was to dispose of the two guard and protect the man. She moved along the wood where the guillotine was being attached to. As she was level with the man's head, she aimed at the two guard and grew ice spear from her body, as her body expanded.

She enveloped the man. This part of the plan needed the man's endurance for it. She froze her body in the shape of a ball, the man within her. With that, she used her control over the ice to spin her body toward the exit.

"Stop it!"

She heard such shout, but as she bowled through the people who wasn't able to escape in time, she ignored that. Her body was cold, and the longer she kept him inside her without air, the greater the man's chance to die. Therefore, she had to pick up speed.

---

The man vomited. They had successfully escape from that group of pirate, and the man vomited as she melted into water. He was coughing, sneezing and vomiting. Being frozen there must be terrible for him. But, she had no other way to rescue him. Silently, she said sorry to him.

Since the man was alive, she would stay beside the man until the captain pick the man and her. This time, he wouldn't be able to ignore her. She would make it certain herself.
Uhh. That is a very interest way to carry a hostage although it is dangerous. Be careful with that next time.

Rewards
  • 265 EXP
  • 30 G