Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"What's a Holy Human Empire? Can it be eaten?"

Aquamarine had ditched the glass and was drinking water straight out of the pitcher.
"Some kinds of Human Empire, as the name suggested. From what we know, they seem to hate non-humans."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I believe sending someone to negotiate with them would not be a bad idea...
*headtilt* What would be negotiating with them about? Whether they're willing to give us something for helping them?

The letter sounded very much The-World-Is-Going-To-End-If-You-Do-Not-Help-Us-y though.

"Ignore them entirely would be a foolish idea. However, we should try to find more information regarding this Holy Human Empire. After all, one side of the story doesn't mean the full story."
There is a quest board post up.

That said, regardless of their intentions, it does feels very uncomfortable that perhaps one of the largest countries in the continent is about to be Scribel's next door neighbor. Personally, I would be happier with at least one region in between... at least as a buffer...

"What's a Holy Human Empire? Can it be eaten?"

Aquamarine had ditched the glass and was drinking water straight out of the pitcher.
:blob_happy: Depends on if you eat humans for food?

"Some kinds of Human Empire, as the name suggested. From what we know, they seem to hate non-humans."
*squints* Who here in the Tavern is human?

Bochi

"Oh, so it's that old song and dance again!"

The Laterano snorted, her halo dimming.

"Different world, same problems! And I bet if you picked up that empire and turned it over, the amount of unsavoury types simply just fall out by the cluster. Give me a break already, Moron V. If you're going to die, just die in a ditch or something. Then I can wash my hands of this affair and go back to the island."
*headtilt* What would be negotiating with them about? Whether they're willing to give us something for helping them?

The letter sounded very much The-World-Is-Going-To-End-If-You-Do-Not-Help-Us-y though.

That said, regardless of their intentions, it does feels very uncomfortable that perhaps one of the largest countries in the continent is about to be Scribel's next door neighbor. Personally, I would be happier with at least one region in between... at least as a buffer...

:blob_happy: Depends on if you eat humans for food?

"Ugh, no. Their meat isn't nearly gamey enough. I'll stick with chicken and beef, thank you very much. Besides, who's you?"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

"I do not know, politics are beyond my area of expertise.

"But I believe their situation is pretty precarious, so I doubt they'd be able to offer money or goods to the guild... But mayhaps something else could be obtained by careful conversation."

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

"The contact with them might bring in some unexpected gain, but can you take the risk?"
"I am human, but also half-elemental, due to some complicated story."

Bochi

I'm Briele! I work in the library! I'm also chronically Vitamin D deprived since I read quest reports all day! :blob_uwu::blob_uwu::blob_uwu:

Also in theory, I eat humans.

Theoretically, of course.
"Oh. Well, Caster Ops, Aquamarine. If you need an area flooded or whatever, I'm the person."
"I do not know, politics are beyond my area of expertise.

"But I believe their situation is pretty precarious, so I doubt they'd be able to offer money or goods to the guild... But mayhaps something else could be obtained by careful conversation."
"Here, gimme."

Aquamarine took the report and breezed through it, frowning as she neared the end. Finally she tossed the report away angrily.

"Oh, F*CK ME! They're that close? By the graces of the-shittest-fallen-angel-that-ever-insufferably-lived, this is worse than that f*cking time I did stakeout work for that insufferable dragon. And bad news always come in groups, don't they? What other ills are threatening to befall this city?"
"The contact with them might bring in some unexpected gain, but can you take the risk?"

"I am human, but also half-elemental, due to some complicated story."
What benefits are you thinking, exactly?
"Contact with who, the humans or the halflings?"

AliceShiki

"Here, gimme."

Aquamarine took the report and breezed through it, frowning as she neared the end. Finally she tossed the report away angrily.

"Oh, F*CK ME! They're that close? By the graces of the-shittest-fallen-angel-that-ever-insufferably-lived, this is worse than that f*cking time I did stakeout work for that insufferable dragon. And bad news always come in groups, don't they? What other ills are threatening to befall this city?"
"May I suggest you to avoid hastily taking reports like that? Or throwing them too... The paper used in this guild is not of the best quality, and might be torn if handled carelessly.

"And although I'm not fond of your... Strong forces of expression, the city is also endangered by an incoming horde of slimes, criminal gangs and even demon cultists... It is sadly not as much of a safe place as it may appear at first impression."

Bochi

:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: I'd love to see a demonstration!

I presume Luna @GDLiZy is advocating for contact with the humans?
"Yeah. I'll like to show you that now, but getting here took most of my power away, even though it technically shouldn't have happened...I hate technicalities."
There is also a slime horde, oni, demon cultists, half a dozen criminal organizations or more...!

:blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy: It's just an ordinary spring day, right?
"......"
"May I suggest you to avoid hastily taking reports like that? Or throwing them too... The paper used in this guild is not of the best quality, and might be torn if handled carelessly.

"And although I'm not fond of your... Strong forces of expression, the city is also endangered by an incoming horde of slimes, criminal gangs and even demon cultists... It is sadly not as much of a safe place as it may appear at first impression."
"Oh, gomen. So this place is the centre of the stirring pot, or something like that? Ughhhhh...hey, onee-san, do you know which way Fuyu Machi is?"

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
What benefits are you thinking, exactly?
"Precisely, knowledge and imported technology, or simply anything worthy of attention. The strong empire would not emerge as one of the strongest, if there are just some ordinary country. With their scope of influence, great things can be accessed through them, if we can establish connections with them, that is."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Precisely, knowledge and imported technology, or simply anything worthy of attention. The strong empire would not emerge as one of the strongest, if there are just some ordinary country. With their scope of influence, great things can be accessed through them, if we can establish connections with them, that is."
I doubt they would see us as an equal though?

If my experience from playing 4X strategy games means anything, wouldn't they just want to make us their vassel?

I mean, Scribel City doesn't even have a military. At best, we have one or two Rank D adventurers. Scribel City sits on a chokehold that blocks access to the rest of the Eastern side of the continent, and we also have a valuable Otherworld Gate.

How many A or B rank warriors do you think an entire empire has? Let alone airships or wyvern riders or archmages or more.

I think we are outclassed no matter how you look at it.

AliceShiki

"Oh, gomen. So this place is the centre of the stirring pot, or something like that? Ughhhhh...hey, onee-san, do you know which way Fuyu Machi is?"
"I am not sure if it is the center or not, we barely know anything about the surroundings of the city, much less the far away areas... But it is certainly a city surrounded by trouble.

"And while I do not know what an 'onee-san' is, I believe Fuyu Machi is located to the Southeast, though I do not know the exact location as I never visited it myself."

Bochi

"I am not sure if it is the center or not, we barely know anything about the surroundings of the city, much less the far away areas... But it is certainly a city surrounded by trouble.

"And while I do not know what an 'onee-san' is, I believe Fuyu Machi is located to the Southeast, though I do not know the exact location as I never visited it myself."
"Ah! Thanks a bunch~"

The little Caster's mood suddenly took a turn for the better, her halo flickering.

"Ah, gotta recharge!"

She went back to her borrowed pitcher of water.
I doubt they would see us as an equal though?

If my experience from playing 4X strategy games means anything, wouldn't they just want to make us their vassel?

I mean, Scribel City doesn't even have a military. At best, we have one or two Rank D adventurers. Scribel City sits on a chokehold that blocks access to the rest of the Eastern side of the continent, and we also have a valuable Otherworld Gate.

How many A or B rank warriors do you think an entire empire has? Let alone airships or wyvern riders or archmages or more.

I think we are outclassed no matter how you look at it.
"Oh, that's the optimistic way of thinking! If you reach out to them, they'll just milk you dry. Why bother sharing with the weak when you can just take by force? To top it off, we're not human."

Aquamarine sneered.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Do I look like there's a port on me to plug a socket into? Of course not! Water restores my magic faster than waiting for it to restore by itself."
Oh, I just thought that you had a... glowy thing... above your head, and I was wondering why it glows!

Bochi

Oh, I just thought that you had a... glowy thing... above your head, and I was wondering why it glows!
"What, this irritating night light I can never turn off? That's a halo. I'm not technically supposed to be an angel, but I guess I am now. Again, it was entirely not my fault."