Age of consent question.

Suczka

Hi.
I'm trying to write my first story.
First of all it was surprisingly hard to find https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ page.
I only found it because someone linked it in their response in some other thread.

So the question:
There is a rule
  • Age of Consent - The age of consent is 18+. This is referring to the real age of the character. Any sexual content between characters must abide by this age of consent.
  1. What is a "real age" of character? If we have adult person controlling adult avatar in game there is no discussion. But what about adult person controlling younger looking avatar (eg 16yo)? And what about person younger than 18 controlling adult avatar?
  2. How does it apply to fictional races/monsters? In my story I want to have demons to be spawned already in their adult form. But technically they would be just 1 day old. What about other fantasy races that might reach maturity at different pace than (real world) humans?
  3. What about fantasy races that stay young forever, like elves, pixies, demons?
  4. What about mentioning that something bad happened to the character in the past without describing it?
  5. What about mentioning that someone evil is doing somewhere some bad things? Eg. bandits attacked neighbouring village and killed man and had their way with every female?
Oh and by the way is there somewhere a page with explanation of tags?
I know some tags are self explanatory but I have doubts if I correctly understand some of them especially if there are few very similar ones.
Also can I add my own custom tags or am I limited only to the ones on the list?

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
I think it's just say don't write pedo shit.

And it not that hard to discern it, is it?

You know when you write pedo stuff, you're readers will know when they read pedo stuff.

Just don't do that and youre okay

Unless you wanna write pedo shit🧐

Last edited:

Glitched

Moth Mommy
Hi.
First of all it was surprisingly hard to find https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/ page.
I only found it because someone linked it in their response in some other thread.

So the question:
There is a rule

1. What is a "real age" of character? If we have adult person controlling adult avatar in game there is no discussion. But what about adult person controlling younger looking avatar (eg 16yo)? And what about person younger than 18 controlling adult avatar?
  2. How does it apply to fictional races/monsters? In my story I want to have demons to be spawned already in their adult form. But technically they would be just 1 day old. What about other fantasy races that might reach maturity at different pace than (real world) humans?
  3. What about fantasy races that stay young forever, like elves, pixies, demons?
  4. What about mentioning that something bad happened to the character in the past without describing it?
  5. What about mentioning that someone evil is doing somewhere some bad things? Eg. bandits attacked neighbouring village and killed man and had their way with every female?
I know some tags are self explanatory but I have doubts if I correctly understand some of them especially if there are few very similar ones.
Oh fucking hell man, no custom tags, and yes you can put whatever you want in your story. This is SH. As long as it's not blatant child fucking your good.

Suczka

Oh fucking hell man, no custom tags, and yes you can put whatever you want in your story. This is SH. As long as it's not blatant child fucking your good.
Thanx for first response to my question.

As to others:
I neither mentioned children, nor was even thinking about children while writing my question.
If that was your first thought than it's your problem not mine.

MouseDestruction

Paypal and Patreon won't allow anything 18+ soon apparently, or have a bunch of weird rules you have to follow. You won't have much issue with scribblehub, but if you want to monetize it.... good luck with that. These services have been eating their cornflakes.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Generally speaking, they can be shotas and lolis as long as they 18+

They cannot be fully developed 17 year olds that will turn 18 at midnight, who are willing and able.

Jerynboe

I mean when you get down to it the precise logic of age of consent is actually really murky and varies wildly around the world, with 18 generally being the point that 99% of the world’s population can agree that someone is old enough to bang literally anyone if both people are up for it. Most places set the age of consent lower, though frequently with caveats to address power dynamics and particularly large age gaps.

A line in the sand just had to be drawn somewhere, even if we understand it’s arbitrary we also understand that it’s necessary because if we don’t give a firm cutoff the people who want to do pedo shit will try to keep weaseling the implied cutoff point lower and lower. So… don’t do pedo shit.
An adult demon that was born last week and acts innocent and childlike should probably be considered as unable to consent no matter how big you describe her knockers being, but if they talk, act, and think like an adult due to… idk, ancestral memories or something, you’re probably not going to get much flak.

Mortrexo

Paypal and Patreon won't allow anything 18+ soon apparently, or have a bunch of weird rules you have to follow. You won't have much issue with scribblehub, but if you want to monetize it.... good luck with that. These services have been eating their cornflakes.
You just need to confirm that you are 18+ with IRL documents. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Under 18 = child.
No, they're not. And depending of the countries and era, 12/14 and 16yo can be seen as "adult" depending the actions they do.

Hi.

So the question:
There is a rule

You can do whatever with age if that concern another race since the said race can grow to adult in less or more time than human, a 20 days old goblin can be the same in term of mentality and physic than a 20 year old Human.

Depending of the era of your story, you can have the "adult" age be different, it was the case on earth in old era, it's till the case nowaday depending of the country and if we take the legal age for consent sex, you can count even more countries.

If you write an evil dude, you make him do every evil thing you want, it just depending of your readers they can be some that won't like it, so you can just said they do some things but didn't details it (ex: rape, be it 18+ or 18-)

lilwriter

Hi.

So the question:
There is a rule

Just do 21 and over.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
50504F78-DB61-4142-AC38-0158C6706FA9.gif

Mr.J

ig it depends, I've read stories on here in which the focus wasn't sex however the characters that weren't 18 did do it, so as long as you don't get descriptive with it idk

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Just try to make it morally acceptable, if you put yourself in the reader's shoes, reading back you aren't disgusted and want to burn the author alive then you're gucci

Terrate

I've asked this Question before and got answers that are mostly in line of "Just don't go into TOO detail". So from what I gather, it better be some plot related reason and not the actual content of your work. As in DON'T make the writing be basically just smut with underage characters.