[aggregator] steals novels.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I don't quite understand. Please elaborate.
Scribblehub editor has a drop-down box feature called spoiler (), just like that:

example

When aggregator copy paste your content, they either flat out delete whatever is in the spoiler tag or write some weird gibberish.

Moreover when you embed image in your text, some aggregators are unable to copy the picture.

I think using tables will get broken too.

Snowyflakes

Mine is there too... And I've posted it here (and only here) yesterday...

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
This site:
[aggregator] .
Steals novels and doesn't care when you confront them because of that. Two of my novels have been stolen so far. I emailed them about it, but they not only didn't remove my novel from their site, they stole my latest one. Ok, I dropped the first stolen one, but I plan to finish the second one.

Why bother to steal free to read novels?
It's your fault for writing something steal-able. Write a novel like mine, who would dare read it, let alone steal it?
***EDIT*** : They stole mine as well, lmao... It has a better score there (7.3, 10 ratings) but some say it's due to bots? They sure have guts. Last time someone did this they got DDOSsed af.

DevilPogoStick

This is making me recall the old days where some Chinese website literally copied and Google translated my old script fics...It's amusing as hell.

NobleTalon

Why bother to steal free to read novels?

Because the more novels they get their hands on, the more people will read them and the more visibility their site will have. Tbh, it's extremely hard to stop an aggregator site from stealing your stuff unless your novel is licensed somewhere. In that case, sending legal documents can solve the problem. Yet even then, most of them won't take you seriously because they do not expect you to go that far.

Suing the owner of an unknown aggregator site in a random country is as successful as trying to kill a fly with chopsticks. That is the reason why they feel so confident.

The only few cases where I've seen aggregators being in a dire situation was when they got their ass kicked by a major publishing company. Still, it's only 1 site and there are thousands of them.

So imo you should just do as if they do not exist, and try to bring your readers into the sites you are using to post your story. You should also create a discord. It won't solve the issue, but at least your readers will form a community and read your chapters on the sites you are using to post them, not on a random site.

Marmalade

Kitsune-in-training
sue them for copyright infringement? in America as long as a piece of your creation was made physically (ex novel, artwork sculpture etc...) you already have that protect med by copyright. idk about the rest of the world but if you're in America and took them to court they would lose because of infringement of your rights as the creator