Alright so what do I do?

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Somebody just asked me if they could make an audiobook out of my stories. I have never been in this situation before, what do I do?

Just leaving it there might seems a little bit rude to be honest, so I'm thinking of a polite way to ask for more details or denying.

Amok

grblbrbl
Tell them you are interested and they should send some details through for you to check. simp,e as that. if youre still confused i suggest you reach out to veteran freelancers on this site(deeprotsorcerer is one if theyre still active) who u trust, or depending on ur situation legal rep/someone at university etc. but focus on rights, revenue, etc. if relevant, and market outreach and quality of recording as secondary goals.

idk never done something like it but this is what makes sense 2 me

Sebas_Guzman

Ask for a sample contract.
Second, are they a reputable publisher? Do they have a company website? What's their distribution plan? Are they going on ACX? If money's getting involved, what's the profit split. Can they explain to you how much ACX is taking and how much you're getting? Alternatively, are they a voice actor with a website?
Typically, I wouldn't trust anyone that doesn't have an online presence with audiobook creation.

lambenttyto

Just leaving it there might seems a little bit rude to be honest, so I'm thinking of a polite way to ask for more details or denying.
Why does this person want to do it? A homage to your fiction as a fan? For practice? To sell and make money? Truth is, anyone can record themselves reading your book. That's not copyrighted, but to sell it is another matter.

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
I asked, apparently it's non-comercial. So maybe I can just tell them to credit me and then they are good to go?

LilRora

Mostly formless
Probably yes? Not like you need anything else.
Though you can keep in touch with the guy (ask for the account on youtube or wherever they're publishing, maybe?) so you could see the completed audiobook when it's done.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Somebody just asked me if they could make an audiobook out of my stories. I have never been in this situation before, what do I do?

Check out the terms and read the fine print

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Fuck yes! I mean, look over the contract carefully, of course, but congratulations!