Amazon KDP Questions

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I have some questions about the amazon kdp thing, for those of you who used it.

How does it work? Should I take my first volume and convert it into epub format?
Do I need a glossary, a table of content?
I want to add a Characters Illustrations/description, can I use AI images?
For the prices, how did I choose? Is there a thing like number of words = an amount?
Do I have to make it in certain amazon for it to be open worldwide? Like Amazon us or eng?

Thanks all for your answers!

rlumayno

If you do KDP select (to get into Kindle Unlimited), then you will be exclusive with Amazon. Which means you'd have to take it down from here and wherever else your story may be posted.

You set the price for the books (as in whatever is sold singly, not in Kindle Unlimited). I believe for KU there is no "price" because it's a subscription based thing, but you get paid per page read.

You don't have to be exclusive forever, you can get out of the exclusivity after 90 days. It's for ebook only. So print can be worldwide.

If you're on Amazon, you can choose to distribute it to other Amazon sites (so Amazon US, UK, etc.) but if you are exclusive with them then your ebook ONLY is on Amazon, and can't be anywhere else (like Barnes and Noble, Kobo, etc).

Hope that helps!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I have some questions about the amazon kdp thing, for those of you who used it.

How does it work? Should I take my first volume and convert it into epub format?
Do I need a glossary, a table of content?
I want to add a Characters Illustrations/description, can I use AI images?
For the prices, how did I choose? Is there a thing like number of words = an amount?
Do I have to make it in certain amazon for it to be open worldwide? Like Amazon us or eng?

Thanks all for your answers!
  1. If you want to publish it as an Ebook then you need to convert the file into an Epub file. You can easily use programs like Atticus to turn it into one. For a physical paperback, you can use a PDF file. If you agree to their exclusivity contract then you have to remove it from any other site with a few minor exceptions.
  2. You don't need one but most books have at least one of them.
  3. You cannot use AI images for the cover, illustrations, or writing if you legally agree to sell through Amazon.
  4. It is dependant on the file and book size. for the 500 pages I have, it had to be more than $11 for paperback and $2.99 for Ebook but you can choose your own price. A lower price is better for sales.
  5. You can sell worldwide from the start but you have to for any translations yourself.
I hope this helps and if you have any more questions or would like me to explain anything further, don't hesitate to ask.

Sleds

1. If you want to publish it as an Ebook then you need to convert the file into an Epub file. You can easily use programs like Atticus to turn it into one. For a physical paperback, you can use a PDF file. If you agree to their exclusivity contract then you have to remove it from any other site with a few minor exceptions.
  2. You don't need one but most books have at least one of them.
  3. You cannot use AI images for the cover, illustrations, or writing if you legally agree to sell through Amazon.
  4. It is dependant on the file and book size. for the 500 pages I have, it had to be more than $11 for paperback and $2.99 for Ebook but you can choose your own price. A lower price is better for sales.
  5. You can sell worldwide from the start but you have to for any translations yourself.
I hope this helps and if you have any more questions or would like me to explain anything further, don't hesitate to ask.
Is there only the exclusive contract?

And I tried to look for AI content, and apparently, it's possible to use them, we just have to inform them that there AI content in it. I don't know if there a problem with it once it's published there.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Is there only the exclusive contract?

And I tried to look for AI content, and apparently, it's possible to use them, we just have to inform them that there AI content in it. I don't know if there a problem with it once it's published there.
You can opt out of the exclusivity contract but you only get 30% of the revenue compared to 70%. I'm not sure what happens after you say that you use AI since I don't use it. I thought checking that box meant that you couldn't make money off of it but I may be wrong.

Sleds

You can opt out of the exclusivity contract but you only get 30% of the revenue compared to 70%. I'm not sure what happens after you say that you use AI since I don't use it. I thought checking that box meant that you couldn't make money off of it but I may be wrong.
Ok thanks. For the AI, I may try and see what they ask for it.