Announcement board on series pages

BluePheasant

It's gonna be like the message section everyone has in their profile. But the problem with that profile thing is that only followers get notifications for the messages sent there, readers who don't follow the author don't get the announcements. But I think something like that for each series will be great, where all the readers of the series will get notifications, and they can send messages to the authors too. However, only the author's messages can send notifications, with an exclusive option for authors that will let them choose to notify the readers or not. That way the notifications won't be excessive to become annoying for the readers. The author can send readers important announcements regarding the series or other relative matters.

Agentt

Thighs
It's gonna be like the message section everyone has in their profile. But the problem with that profile thing is that only followers get notifications for the messages sent there, readers who don't follow the author don't get the announcements. But I think something like that for each series will be great, where all the readers of the series will get notifications, and they can send messages to the authors too. However, only the author's messages can send notifications, with an exclusive option for authors that will let them choose to notify the readers or not. That way the notifications won't be excessive to become annoying for the readers. The author can send readers important announcements regarding the series or other relative matters.
We already have that, i think

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Try the author page.

Mmm, tried to find it but didn't.
Darn it, i could had sworn we had that
Try the Author's profile page.
If you are "following" the author and have notifications enabled, you should get a message any time they post to that.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
If you want to make an announcement about a given series and want all readers to see it, you can just make a chapter titled "Announcement" and that will be that.

Macha

Not a Klutz
If you want to make an announcement about a given series and want all readers to see it, you can just make a chapter titled "Announcement" and that will be that.
And accidentally get into trending.

BluePheasant

That is just making up for the non-existent feature that should or could exist. Also, I don't like the idea of my words and chapter number getting larger for that. But some may get triggered cause it's getting them on the front page.

AliceShiki

And accidentally get into trending.
That is just making up for the non-existent feature that should or could exist. Also, I don't like the idea of my words and chapter number getting larger for that. But some may get triggered cause it's getting them on the front page.
Well, it did happen before that someone created a whining thread about how one user was creating one announcement every week or so to tell readers about the progress of their story's re-write (Yes, they did get into trending by making those announcements, but they also got onto trending regularly before making the announcements).

It was honestly hilarious to see the whining about it, like... "Their spam is cheating the system and getting them into trending!!!!" and it was like... Just someone telling their readers once per week that they were still working on the story and how much they progressed on the rewrite and stuff.

So uhn... Some people may get triggered about it, but I think you should just laugh at them. It's the worst kind of pointless whining that you could possibly see.

As for feeling bad about the word count/chapter count increasing... You could always delete the announcement after it served its purpose.

Not much can be done about you re-appearing on the latest releases part of the front page though.

BluePheasant

Well, it did happen before that someone created a whining thread about how one user was creating one announcement every week or so to tell readers about the progress of their story's re-write (Yes, they did get into trending by making those announcements, but they also got onto trending regularly before making the announcements).

It was honestly hilarious to see the whining about it, like... "Their spam is cheating the system and getting them into trending!!!!" and it was like... Just someone telling their readers once per week that they were still working on the story and how much they progressed on the rewrite and stuff.

So uhn... Some people may get triggered about it, but I think you should just laugh at them. It's the worst kind of pointless whining that you could possibly see.

As for feeling bad about the word count/chapter count increasing... You could always delete the announcement after it served its purpose.

Not much can be done about you re-appearing on the latest releases part of the front page though.
Hmm, I guess it's a lot of pain to add a whole new feature. We gotta just go with what we have now. Cause it is possible to live without it. But hope this feature gets added sometime in the future. Cause it is helpful and probably the proper way.

AliceShiki

Hmm, I guess it's a lot of pain to add a whole new feature. We gotta just go with what we have now. Cause it is possible to live without it. But hope this feature gets added sometime in the future. Cause it is helpful and probably the proper way.
Ah, yeah, I forgot to say it on my first post, but I do think the suggestion is a good one.

Making an announcement chapter is a decent workaround though.