Anti-Chocolate Thread 21.10-20.11

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
If it weren't for my toe, I'd join you in your cardio.

soonTM
I hope you get well soon. There was this episode this summer, after I have listened to one too many YouTubers that cold exposure was good, when my body was in so much pain I had to grit my teeth together to get to the bathroom. Even moving in bed made me scream. Cold exposure is healthy, my ass!

doravg

Day 2: 6:44 p.m.
The headache got worse. I had to call off my speaking practice because I felt like my head might split in two. I know it is early, but I am going to bed. I haven't felt like this since my university days, and back then I constantly got woken up during the night because my roommates came back from clubs at ungodly hours.

That said, I won't up my coffee consumption. Gritting the teeth together and getting more sleep and exercise should help. I hope.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
That said, I won't up my coffee consumption. Gritting the teeth together and getting more sleep and exercise should help. I hope.
hum, are you stopping coffee cold turkey too? I thought it was just chocolate?
Are you aware that you should never stops coffee at once and only decrease dose progressively?

doravg

Day 3: 10:17 a.m.
I ran out of bananas. I just knew that I should have made a milkshake from them, so they could last longer. But I still have apples at home. And popcorn... I shouldn't eat so much buttery popcorn, but chewing calms me down. The normal popcorn does nothing for me. I eat the extra butter ones. Another bad point, I know, but my brain wants carbs and is willing to make me suffer in case I don't give it a big enough dose. I honestly don't know how I managed to write today's chapter. But I got more views today, so I think I must have done something right.

I just imagined the romance as my feelings for sugar. I might need to write something other than smut tomorrow, but the brain wants what it wants.

Anyway, today I made pasta. I didn't want the sauce to be sour, so I put 1/4th of an apple inside. It worked, sort of. The sauce is still a bit sour, but manageable sour. And it is so tasty. I can sense the tomato inside, and the onion and the basil. Fresh and crispy. The deli meat I used as a way not to let it catch mold in the fridge tastes salty and not sweet.

It simply boggles the mind how different something you have been making since you learned to cook can taste, when you don't put in sugar. Now I am going to cycle for 40 minutes, then put the pasta on plates to cool, and then cycle for another 40 minutes. I need to clean the leaves from the garden today. I just need to keep myself busy. My body is trying to get clean from the sugary poison. I just have to grit my teeth and keep going.

doravg

Day 3: 12:55 a.m.
100 minutes on the fitness bike for 13 km. I think I will just lay down and read now. Tomorrow I will up them with another 10 minutes. Or 5. It depends on whatever or not my leg starts hurting.

The pasta was flavor rich and creamy. So, from now on, if I need to use sugar to kill off the sourness of tomatoes or wine, I will just use 1/4th of an apple. That way, the flavors of the ingredients are not killed off by the sugar, and the meal actually tastes salty.

But, hey, we learn during our entire lives, right?

doravg

Day 3: 7:10 p.m.
Now that it is dark, I feel a bit better. And I planned to try to make salty muffins tomorrow. You know, with cheese, salami and butter. I haven't made salty muffins before, just a different variation of banana muffins. But how hard could it possibly be? You make the batter, put the cheese and the salami inside, then put the batter in the paper cups. And if it doesn't work out as well as I hope, then, well, at least I tried.

I mean, if I gave up on baking after the first couple of soggy cakes and raw muffins, I would have never gotten the hang of it.

It is getting easier to ignore the sweets in the house. The bread is still on top of the chocolate, though XD.

doravg

Day 4: 6:43 a.m.
So, the headache is gone! For now, at least. It could be because I slept like a log for more than 10 hours.

But today I weighed myself. I have 50 grams more on me. So, I am cutting off the popcorn and the bananas. Apples should work just fine when it comes to supplying my brain with the sugars it needs to work. And warm mint tea should help, in case the headache comes back.

Let's write! (Imagine it is Yu-Gi-Oh style from the openings!)
I don't think I can find them in Bulgaria. At least no one sells them in my hometown. And apples could work for my needs too. But thank you for your suggestion! I hope you have a nice day!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Day 4: 6:43 a.m.
So, the headache is gone! For now, at least. It could be because I slept like a log for more than 10 hours.

But today I weighed myself. I have 50 grams more on me. So, I am cutting off the popcorn and the bananas. Apples should work just fine when it comes to supplying my brain with the sugars it needs to work. And warm mint tea should help, in case the headache comes back.

Let's write! (Imagine it is Yu-Gi-Oh style from the openings!)

I don't think I can find them in Bulgaria. At least no one sells them in my hometown. And apples could work for my needs too. But thank you for your suggestion! I hope you have a nice day!
I love mint tea!

this is incredibly stupid and dangerous. 50 grams is nothing. body weight fluctuates at a much higher rate. if you weighed yourself 15 minutes later you would have been up or down more than 50 grams.

you need to stop whatever arbitrary dieting you're doing and consult a professional. you could actually gain more weight by not eating a balanced diet, and more importantly, you could hurt your body and mind.

and if you're this obsessive about weight that you're counting grams, weight yourself on a medical scale that can give you your BIM. you can find them in pharmacies.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
this is incredibly stupid and dangerous. 50 grams is nothing. body weight fluctuates at a much higher rate. if you weighed yourself 15 minutes later you would have been up or down more than 50 grams.

you need to stop whatever arbitrary dieting you're doing and consult a professional. you could actually gain more weight by not eating a balanced diet, and more importantly, you could hurt your body and mind.

and if you're this obsessive about weight that you're counting grams, weight yourself on a medical scale that can give you your BIM. you can find them in pharmacies.
:blobthumbsup::blob_gift:

doravg

The bananas we buy from the supermarket can't be found in nature. I needed them in the first couple of days because they were sweet enough to get rid of the sweet itch, but I don't need them anymore. And I am not dieting.

I still eat carbs, fats, and proteins with plenty of vegetables. I make myself a vegetable spread to accompany the meals. You know: paprika slices, cucumber slices, a bit of cut up cabbage with carrots that has just enough olive oil and salt to make it tasty. If anything, I am eating better now that I cut off sugar.

Last edited:
The banana we buy from the supermarket can't be found in nature. I needed them in the first couple of days because they were sweet enough to get rid of the sweet itch, but I don't need them anymore. And I am not dieting.

I still eat carbs, fats, and proteins with plenty of vegetables. I make myself a vegetable spread to accompany the meals. You know: paprika slices, cucumber slices, a bit of cut up cabbage with carrots that has just enough olive oil and salt to make it tasty. If anything, I am eating better now that I cut off sugar.
nothing wrong with bananas or any fruit for that matter. as long as you don't eat too much you'll be fine. sugar from fruit is different from processed sugar. if you want something sweet (and healthy) to eat with your coffee, try dates (though they are high in calories).

anyhow, that's not what i meant by my comment. you're obsessing over 50 grams which is the weight of a handful of salt. do you see how insane that sounds?

if you’re adding restrictions for 50 grams what will tou do if you see a 100? or 200? both of which are reasonable fluctuations and are no indication of weight gain or loss. this is an extremely unhealthy (and possibly dangerous) pattern you're establishing.

doravg

nothing wrong with bananas or any fruit for that matter. as long as you don't eat too much you'll be fine. sugar from fruit is different from processed sugar. if you want something sweet (and healthy) to eat with your coffee, try dates (though they are high in calories).

anyhow, that's not what i meant by my comment. you're obsessing over 50 grams which is the weight of a handful of salt. do you see how insane that sounds?

if you’re adding restrictions for 50 grams what will tou do if you see a 100? or 200? both of which are reasonable fluctuations and are no indication of weight gain or loss. this is an extremely unhealthy (and possibly dangerous) pattern you're establishing.
I probably shouldn't weigh myself until the 20th. I just want to see progress. I have always been like that. That is why I never put in the work to learn Russian and Romanian in school and university. The first bad test score was enough to make me quit and just do enough of the work not to fail the grade. I honestly should change, but 29 years of conditioning that I should always succeed at everything I start is hard to overlook.

doravg

Muffins this.jpg

They taste like breakfast rolls. Not quite salty, but also not quite sweet. And I didn't put any sugar in them. I can now bake salty muffins! :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: