Anti-stats checking month.

doravg

133/4001 (finally counted the stories)
So, I have this problem where I check my stats every day... a couple of times per day. I don't know if any of you have the same problem. But I decided to stop checking my stats every day. I will start with once per week and work up my way to once per month.

I want to make a step towards not seeking external validation for what I do. So, today, at 2:02 p.m. on the 3rd of November I pledge:

I will not check my stats until the next Friday.

(Yes, I am aware of the irony of this post.)

Happy writing, everyone!

Temple

You can try not visiting the dashboards of your fics. That's what I did on both RR and SH. Instead, I saved the chapter list page, as well as the add chapter page. I have no idea of how many followers I have for around three months already. It's going well so far, and it made me detach from valuing my work in terms of numbers, external reception essentially, and just focused on the story I want to write.

Tsuru

Robot
So, I have this problem where I check my stats every day... a couple of times per day. I don't know if any of you have the same problem. But I decided to stop checking my stats every day. I will start with once per week and work up my way to once per month.

I want to make a step towards not seeking external validation for what I do. So, today, at 2:02 p.m. on the 3rd of November I pledge:

Happy writing, everyone!
What is sad. Is that unlike the east, the west is far a too bad environment for ONLINE WRITERS

China/JP/KR
have full blown industry working ONLINE WORKS
but west, you ask a random guy on the street : do you read novels on internet ?
The ratio is pitifully small.
Meanwhile you got dozens millions of readers in east.
(and SH is just ONE website vs royalroad vs wattpadd vs AO3 .....)

laccoff_mawning

I literally just came on today to check my stats.

Well, and read the forums, but mostly to check my stats.

Vnator

Happy writing, everyone!
Are you me? I just released a new story and started checking multiple times per day. I think I'll do the same and take it easy with that. Only once per day for now.