Anyone go through all submissions for 2nd Anniversary Contest yet?

Would you like to lose braincells?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
I'm trying to review all submissions and give reverse scores (or meme scores) on submissions so that the worst wins and the best loses. I'm having difficulty sticking to the plan I created, since brain cells are lost faster than they're gained.

For the people who actually read multiple submissions, which one(s) did you like? Don't forget that the submissions end on April 1st! Be sure to save the pranks for later! :blob_hide: 40k words needed for those memes. :blob_dizzy:

Zavha0mnic

I’m using the contest as motivation to write.

It’s actually working. I’ve got a plan and release a chapter once a week on fridays.
I actually followed the writer of Jojo’s sort of character sheet thing. I even have specfic scenarios planned out to propel the plot. This is gonna go great!

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
Read my story and lose all of your remaining brain cells. Reject humanity return to monke!
I will! As soon as I push through the rest at the bottom...
I’m using the contest as motivation to write.

It’s actually working. I’ve got a plan and release a chapter once a week on fridays.
I actually followed the writer of Jojo’s sort of character sheet thing. I even have specfic scenarios planned out to propel the plot. This is gonna go great!
Good for you! I'll be sure to leave the opposite of what I intend on your story. Good luck!

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I'm trying to review all submissions and give reverse scores (or meme scores) on submissions so that the worst wins and the best loses. I'm having difficulty sticking to the plan I created, since brain cells are lost faster than they're gained.

For the people who actually read multiple submissions, which one(s) did you like? Don't forget that the submissions end on April 1st! Be sure to save the pranks for later! :blob_hide: 40k words needed for those memes. :blob_dizzy:
Why bother? We already know the winner.

Assurbanipal_II

Really? No joke, who's it gonna be. Hypothetically speaking, if I have money on this, you'd be the guy I'd go to for predictions.

The cornflakes cereals, Mihou. Established reader base + targeted audience + chapter production

The current list. I don't expect major changes unless unexpected events happen and major players decides to join.

Last edited:

Mihou

Firefly—
The cornflakes cereals, Mihou. Established reader base + targeted audience + chapter production

The current list. I dont expect major chnages unless unexpected events happena and major players decide to join.
The same happened on Adventum, I stood no.1 for the entire January before falling down for two months and only clutching at the end. Anything unexpected could happen~ people shouldn't make something possible to do into impossible, back on Adventum, I had absolutely no base at all. I was like a dried leaf just waiting to fall, no one was beside me... I don't like how people tend to underestimate themselves by saying "the results are already determined" when it really isn't.

Take "I'm Twins" which managed to rock the Adventum contest back then by climbing the ranks at an unbelievable pace, even Axiom's "Vampire Templar" started mid-game and still caught up fast. If you keep believing that something possible is impossible then nothing will happen. That's just what I want to say. :coffee:

To add: This contest has been fairly exhausting for me but I keep moving forward since I don't want the people who are constantly reading my story to be disappointed if it ever vanished. I manage my time very tight, fitting almost everything into a single day even when my body is hurting. I can't stop writing, why? Because I am a workaholic. :blob_hide: I don't really like it that people think "already have a fan base", etc. when clearly I worked my hardest on my story. I don't come up with my story from like a machine of some sort. I already suffered shoulder pains yet still wrote my chapters because it can't escape me. I hate it that people are underestimating my efforts into my story, please don't.

Last edited:

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures

The current list. I dont expect major chnages unless unexpected events happena and major players decide to join.
:blob_catflip: I'm gonna climb to #2 before this is over. Mihou & I agreed to take the top two spots together when we started this thing.

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
I see you've already reviewed mine.
Thanks for the 5* review! Now I know how amazing my novel is.
It's truly a masterpiece. I could see how much effort you put in. :blob_popcorn:
More of the lot. Orz.
Don't feel too down in the dumps. You just have to get more people to read your novel on Scribble Hub, or get the judges to vote for your novel. :blobtaco:

Reactions: Lys

Lys

The same happened on Adventum, I stood no.1 for the entire January before falling down for two months and only clutching at the end. Anything unexpected could happen~ people shouldn't make something possible to do into impossible, back on Adventum, I had absolutely no base at all. I was like a dried leaf just waiting to fall, no one was beside me... I don't like how people tend to underestimate themselves by saying "the results are already determined" when it really isn't.

Take "I'm Twins" which managed to rock the Adventum contest back then by climbing the ranks at an unbelievable pace, even Axiom's "Vampire Templar" started mid-game and still caught up fast. If you keep believing that something possible is impossible then nothing will happen. That's just what I want to say. :coffee:

To add: This contest has been fairly exhausting for me but I keep moving forward since I don't want the people who are constantly reading my story to be disappointed if it ever vanished. I manage my time very tight, fitting almost everything into a single day even when my body is hurting. I can't stop writing, why? Because I am a workaholic. :blob_hide: I don't really like it that people think "already have a fan base", etc. when clearly I worked my hardest on my story. I don't come up with my story from like a machine of some sort. I already suffered shoulder pains yet still wrote my chapters because it can't escape me. I hate it that people are underestimating my efforts into my story, please don't.
Nobody's belittling your efforts.
But it doesn't *just* take effort; other factors come into play, and having an established fan base is certainly one of them. Saying otherwise belittles your efforts in creating that fan base.

Assurbanipal_II

It's truly a masterpiece. I could see how much effort you put in. :blob_popcorn:

Don't feel too down in the dumps. You just have to get more people to read your novel on Scribble Hub, or get the judges to vote for your novel. :blobtaco:
I am not participating. So I dont know what you mean.

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
I am not participating. So I dont know what you mean.
My apologies for jumping to conclusions, but I do truly think that anyone can win this if they submit interesting stories.

Writers just need to watch out for my opposite (or meme) reviews, because I'm coming for them! :blob_evil:

Assurbanipal_II

My apologies for jumping to conclusions, but I do truly think that anyone can win this if they submit interesting stories.

Writers just need to watch out for my opposite (or meme) reviews, because I'm coming for them! :blob_evil:
:blob_aww: If that is the case, can you pay my little stories a visit?

Assurbanipal_II

Long time no see, crunchy. To be honest, I don't think I underestimate myself, quite the contrary. I think too highly of myself. You and your freinds know that well, I guess.

But good luck with your novels. Peoples clearly enjoy them, and I still expect you to win this contest. What do I get if I am right? Because I called it since the beginning.