Anyone here have OCD?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I probably have a mild one but gets serious when I started to do something productive. If its just cleaning and arranging stuffs, its not bad and I can try to control myself but if its about writing or doing something about perfecting something, it gets to the point where I get depression whenever I failed or isn't perfect. I didn't notice I have one until someone once said that I should try to rewrite my earlier chapters and I felt that I should perfect what I wrote and spent a day or two just rewriting a single sentence because its either grammatically incorrect or doesn't fit in with the story which I kept repeating over and over to the point it stresses me out and gave up because my standards went so high that my skill level can't keep up with my writing insight. Basically i ended up scolding myself for being too incompetent just because I can't fix what I wrote.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Formerly ADHD, it now tired itself out into ADD (but sadly no revenue...) Life's just not fair...

No OCD but a strange obsession with symmetry whenever art is involved, but that's mainly because I suck at anything artsy.

Kenjona

Does anyone have OCD AND ADHD? That is the real curse
Yep,
Was a Mild OCD (Yes you can have it in various strengths) with strong ADHD here; which just made life suck all over the place. Now just minor OCD with a very tired ADD.
Had to learn to let things go, you can mitigate it eventually, eventually. Age and experience does that for you. Life is like a really big Correctional hammer it always is banging away and wearing you away; it hurts every time it thinks you need an adjustment.

Oh and to make things worse; while ADHD might have been first mentioned in 1902. It took about 100 years before it was properly accepted as a diagnosis and treated for in general society.

BlackKnightX

Better question, does anyone here not have it?
It's different from perfectionism, though, assuming a lot of creative people here are perfectionists. OCD is a destructive mechanism. It's an absolute dog shit. Even though you know you do something right, the voices in your head will keep telling you you're wrong, and you have to do the same thing over and over again.

I find reading harder and harder nowadays. OCD prevents comprehension. Sometimes I read a very easy sentence that I understand very well but then fucking feel the need to look up words I already fucking know. The first few times is fine. No worry. But after a while, it's annoying as hell. You keep pushing on until the worst scenario happens: you fucking quit.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
No OCD or ADHD, but I do have other things that are bad enough to warrant compensation.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Excuse my dirty-mindedness. Please clarify before I'm too deep in my fantasy...
How can you get dirty-mindedness from that? They are just medical conditions. I get paid every full moon for being a vampire, for example. The government pities me for not being able to step into the light of day.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
OCD.

(Take the blame for me, motherfucker.)
Well, half of what I said is true. I will leave it up to you to discern which part of this is true.
How can you get dirty-mindedness from that? They are just medical conditions. I get paid every full moon for being a vampire, for example. The government pities me for not being able to step into the light of day.

Azurea_Mystis

Yep,
Was a Mild OCD (Yes you can have it in various strengths) with strong ADHD here; which just made life suck all over the place. Now just minor OCD with a very tired ADD.
Had to learn to let things go, you can mitigate it eventually, eventually. Age and experience does that for you. Life is like a really big Correctional hammer it always is banging away and wearing you away; it hurts every time it thinks you need an adjustment.

Oh and to make things worse; while ADHD might have been first mentioned in 1902. It took about 100 years before it was properly accepted as a diagnosis and treated for in general society.
I have the Autism (mild, but not mild enough to be aspergers), the OCD, the ADHD, Bipolar disorder, bad eyesight, bad hearing because of loud machinery at work, i get sick from sensory information flooding my brain, i have panic attacks every time i go to work, anxiety, depression, was born with four nipples, i took medicine and it gave me almost US b-cup breasts as a male and darkened my nipples darker than a lactating mother, and I barely eat anymore because of a medicine to treat my bipolar disorder that made me get sick when i tasted or smelled a large portion of the foods that are in my diet for 11 months (almost recovered from this one). God dealt me a terrible hand.

Last edited: