Are there some gays who are homophobic?

Angeline2403

I watched a video uploaded by buzzfeed titled ‘Questions gay people would like to ask straight people’ and since it was a video from buzzfeed it was heterophobic.
But when scrolled through the comment section in the video, I saw a comment mentioning that there are gays who are homophobic.
Just wanna ask if it is true??

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Well of course it's called self-hate, or maybe they feel like that its ok when they do it but when other people do it it's bad

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I watched a video uploaded by buzzfeed titled ‘Questions gay people would like to ask straight people’ and since it was a video from buzzfeed it was heterophobic.
But when scrolled through the comment section in the video, I saw a comment mentioning that there are gays who are homophobic.
Just wanna ask if it is true??
There probably are other types of lgbtq people that are homophobic against the gays

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I don't know any myself, but it seems unreasonable that they don't exist.

Whether you are gay or not is mostly innate, and has no direct link with your morality or beleif. you can beleive that being gay is bad, and that it is something to be fought and repressed, just like we do so many of our other impulses.

I mean, if you were a pedophile, chances are you would be aware of how unacceptable that is, and you would repress those perverse desires, because what you want to do and what you should do are completely different things. In some circles, gays would face similar social pressure, and I would imagine they would react in a similar way.

Just because you are something doesn't mean you like it, or that you should like it. Those are two different things that are surprisingly disassociated. Just look at how many white guys are horrifically racist and sexist towards their own gender/race because they have pushed back on the traditional racism and sexism issues so hard they inverted it.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I feel like they just assume to be a different sex considering that gay is actually just being homo. Like, feminist women denying that they are being oppressed when in fact, men are mostly getting oppressed by them.

Considering that there are more types of sexes for gender. I think they thought about themselves being not gay but just a 'gender born in not the correct gender' or something like that.

There's also the fact that they are not necessarily gays but feminine men just being categorized as being gay or something like that. We can assume that the likelihood of them being misunderstood is clearly high considering that we tend to misunderstand things even though they are sometimes true.

Armored99

Harem-phobic
Well it depends if you consider hating political gayness as homophobia.

there is character trait of gayness and then there’s the lgbt movement of which there are definitely gay people who find great disdain of.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Certainly. If their parents told them that being gay was wrong, or they were bullied, or they were forced to go through conversion therapy, things can get ugly.