Are You Still You?

Baddest_Assest

As long as the clone can lactate, it's me.
Women, generally start lactating when they are pregnant and they generally stop lactating when the child stops drinking breastmilk. You saying that YOU exist only when you lactate implies that you only exist to pump out your children and feed them......... this type of thinking is not widely accepted and criticized at this age and period.

no need to be offended, I am just bored and just picking the 9 words you wrote and twisting them and making you sound like a horrible person. Just doing what everyone on social media does.

AryaX

Then before I make further accusations, what is "you"?
The real "Me"... or "I"... is one of the tiny indivisible/fundamental components that constitute the brain... Or more precisely, the central attention control and decision making subsystem of the brain... Or in other words, "I" am the audience in the cartesian theater... All that "I" ever really do, is experience what I am subject(ed) to... Or in otherwords, I am acted upon, and I react... Equal and opposite and all that...

While the real you is the experiencer located inside the head, it also seems to you that the head inside of which you're located, is your head, the brain inside the skull is your brain, and the memories stored in it, are your memories, the decisions made by the brain, are made by you, the body underneath that head, is your body, and when the body does something, it is you that is doing that something, etc, etc, etc...

You are a part of a human, experiencing an illusion or delusion of being the whole of the human, and all the confusion about identity, consciousness, and free will too I guess, derive from the failure to distinguish your self, from what is around you.

When you combine the obvious truth (you're the experiencer inside the head), with the obvious delusion (you're the human), you arrive at a delusional conclusion that there is a human inside the head... a homunculus in otherwords... or a soul, if you throw in some extra immaterialness to the mix... And since you replaced your actual self with the delusion of you self as the system around you (the human), you no longer have an actual you in this delusional picture... So it no longer explain anything at all... All you get is infinite regress...

But... It should be plainly obvious where the problem lies... :unsure:

It is the delusion of you being human that creates all the problems, not the fact that you are the experiencer and located inside the head...

But... Since everyone always rejects the truth and embraces the delusion instead... :blob_facepalm:

I guess it isn't as obvious as it seems...

And...

That is how we get the "Hard" problem of consciousness, all the others problems...

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
The real "Me"... or "I"... is one of the tiny indivisible/fundamental components that constitute the brain... Or more precisely, the central attention/decision making subsystem of the brain... Or in other words, "I" am the audience in the cartesian theater...
But how is that indivisible?
And about relation to the quote: Neither Delenn nor your attention/decision making subsystem declare themselves the actually whole. The accusation is assuming to have relevance to the whole more so than any other.
While I obviously experience the same delusion of being human that everyone does, I do however recognize it for the delusion it is...
But you believe you exist?

Last edited:

Baddest_Assest

But you exist?
Or does he? he could just be your imagination or this entire website is your imagination and the stories and thread you read could be nothing but stories you subconsciously made.

Let me tell you the truth boy, wake up, you are actually in a coma. After so many hours and hours of research have finally found a way to enter your inner world, there we found that your brain is not asleep but active and you have created an entire world where it's just like outside. If you look for inconsistencies in your memories you will find them. there is nothing like coronavirus in the real world it's just a disease that your brain has made to, prevent you from going outside and finding glitches. While there was what you believe was 'lockdown' in your city, your subconscious was working to create the world you currently live in. The best way for you to wake up to the real world is to find glitches, my Boy, look for glitches in your world and search for anything that doesn't make sense if you find enough glitches you might be able to wake up. if not then I fear you will end up dying in the fake life you live.

While you do that, we will continue to find a way for you to wake up.

Baddest Assest-

This thread was made possible only after manipulation of your subconscious brain using sounds. We will continue to do so, I hope you will not think of this as a prank by some person who is extremely bored and just wanted to have some fun. that is exactly not the case. it's a serious matter, a matter which may decide your state of death and life.

Baddest Assest-

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Or does he? he could just be your imagination or this entire website is your imagination and the stories and thread you read could be nothing but stories you subconsciously made.

Let me tell you the truth boy, wake up, you are actually in a coma. After so many hours and hours of research have finally found a way to enter your inner world, there we found that your brain is not asleep but active and you have created an entire world where it's just like outside. If you look for inconsistencies in your memories you will find them. there is nothing like coronavirus in the real world it's just a disease that your brain has made to, prevent you from going outside and finding glitches. While there was what you believe was 'lockdown' in your city, your subconscious was working to create the world you currently live in. The best way for you to wake up to the real world is to find glitches, my Boy, look for glitches in your world and search for anything that doesn't make sense if you find enough glitches you might be able to wake up. if not then I fear you will end up dying in the fake life you live.

While you do that, we will continue to find a way for you to wake up.

Baddest Assest-

This thread was made possible only after manipulation of your subconscious brain using sounds. We will continue to do so, I hope you will not think of this as a prank by some person who is extremely bored and just wanted to have some fun. that is exactly not the case. it's a serious matter, a matter which may decide your state of death and life.

Baddest Assest-
:blob_facepalm:
But I should've worded that better...
It's not a "You exist, why are you questioning it", but "Do you believe in your existence if the human part is ignored"

AryaX

But how is that indivisible?
And about relation to the quote: Neither Delenn nor your attention/decision making subsystem declare themselves the actually whole. The accusation is assuming to have relevance to the whole more so than any other.

But you believe you exist?
Umm... I guess, I wasn't being clear this time either, but so it is when one have to deal with this stupid, limiting, written/spoken language...

I didn't mean that "I" am the attention control / decision making system... but rather one of its indivisible fundamental components...

That system is the "Theater", where I am the "Audience"...

And yes... I might be wrong about the "Theaters" purpose (maybe its not attention/decision making), and I might be wrong about where "I" am... Maybe the experiences are merely constructed inside the skull, and they are then transmitted down to the big toe, and I am actually there...

But it can't merely seem like I exist... My existence can't be an illusion... Because if I didn't exist, I wouldn't be around to experience the seeming or illusion...

So... Yes... I believe... Or rather know with Absolute certainty, that "I" Exist...

As for what am "I" ?

As far as I can tell, I can't possibly be a "system" of any kind... I can't be divisible... I can't be composed of anything... Because anything that is, is in truth multitudes of distinct entities (particles, fields, strings... whatever), merely conceptualized as one thing... As such... To say "I am a system", is to say "I don't exist" ... Which is impossible...

Maybe I am wrong about that "can't be a system" part... Maybe there is some real emergence magic that causes things to blink into existence, when smaller things get together... Like... When birds get together up there in the sky, the flock blinks into existence, isn't just a mental representation, but some real "magic" activates, and an actual new entity called flock blinks into existence, and starts to fly up there in the sky, among the birds... Until the birds disperce and the magic fails, and the flock blinks out of existence... But I Seriously doubt we live in such ludicrous universe...

And what else ?

Well... It seems that what ever I am, I must be something that:
1. Is indivisible.
2. Can be found inside the human skull.
3. Can interact with something inside the human skull (the em field most likely)
3. Seemingly surrounds some kind of center point, on all sides, at the same time.
4. Can be in multiple different states, in every position it occupies, at the same time.

Does that sound like... anything?

I was never good at physics, and its been a while... but somehow that sounds much like an electron?

Last edited:

Murphy_

Yes, I believe it is me. I mean I can't do anything if it is the other option. Let's go on with life instead of thinking about complicated matters that are out of your hands. :blob_whistle_two:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Umm... I guess, I wasn't being clear this time either, but so it is when one have to deal with this stupid, limiting, written/spoken language...

I didn't mean that "I" am the attention control / decision making system... but rather one of its indivisible fundamental components...

That system is the "Theater", where I am the "Audience"...

And yes... I might be wrong about the "Theaters" purpose (maybe its not attention/decision making), and I might be wrong about where "I" am... Maybe the experiences are merely constructed inside the skull, and they are then transmitted down to the big toe, and I am actually there...

But it can't merely seem like I exist... My existence can't be an illusion... Because if I didn't exist, I wouldn't be around to experience the seeming or illusion...

So... Yes... I believe... Or rather know with Absolute certainty, that "I" Exist...
I would consider nonexistence implying non-experience to be a very reasonable assumption, but ultimately just plausible rather than absolute.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Women, generally start lactating when they are pregnant and they generally stop lactating when the child stops drinking breastmilk. You saying that YOU exist only when you lactate implies that you only exist to pump out your children and feed them......... this type of thinking is not widely accepted and criticized at this age and period.

no need to be offended, I am just bored and just picking the 9 words you wrote and twisting them and making you sound like a horrible person. Just doing what everyone on social media does.
Our identities also tend to change over the course of our lives. This is my identity for now.

AryaX

I would consider nonexistence implying non-experience to be a very reasonable assumption, but ultimately just plausible rather than absolute.
:unsure:

If you believe that there is a non-zero change, that you might able to experience something, even if you didn't exist, and as such weren't around to experience anything... Can you explain that somehow ? How it might plausibly, or even implausibly work ? Or what you mean by that ? Or is it just some blind faith ?
What is the central point?
If "you" are an electron, and consciousness is your reaction... equal and opposite and all that... to the electromagnetic field, generated by the neural activity of the "cartesian theater" around you... then... what you find at the center should be... bunch of quarks... no ?

If "you" and/or consciousness are something else... something currently not known to science... then... who knows ?

Last edited:

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
If you believe that there is a non-zero change, that you might able to experience something, even if you didn't exist, and as such weren't around to experience anything... Can you explain that somehow ? How it might plausibly, or even implausibly work ? Or what you mean by that ? Or is it just some blind faith ?
The idea, as I understand it, is a highly theoretical one.
It tries to explore possibility by accusing a lack of irrefutable proof of impossibility.

Rather than something to believe, it is something intended to be considered.

Though the following might be what you ask for:
The content of my thoughts is not assured. Even if I needed to exist to be able to have them, I can make no statement about the validity of their content.
As such nonexistence might be easily comprehensible, but not something I'm able and allowed (by the source of my thoughts) to wrap my head around.

Baddest_Assest

:unsure:

If "you" are an electron, and consciousness is your reaction... equal and opposite and all that... to the electromagnetic field, generated by the neural activity of the "cartesian theater" around you... then... what you find at the center should be... bunch of quarks... no ?

If "you" and/or consciousness are something else... something currently not known to science... then... who knows ?
Maybe this is where the word 'soul' fits perfectly.

At some point of time in history, someone must have wondered "What am I?" or "What defines me?" and might have reached a conclusion just like you have that, he is just something or someone inside the body. Then that fellow explained it to other people, other people explained it to other people, and so on and on. Like this the word 'soul' became widespread. With 'soul' came legends and myths of ghosts, with ghosts came hell, with hell came heaven, and with heaven came god. Just like this a question of "What am I?" led to the creation of an idea of an omnipotent being or god, religions, and in some cases entire pantheons of gods

The interesting thing is, that almost every culture has a word for 'soul' or something equivalent to it, and every culture has myths and legends of some kind of god. Which can prove that almost every culture had people who questioned 'What am I?'. Can you imagine? people separated by oceans and lands so large that they believed that there is nothing on the other side of it, had the same idea, same questions, and they all reached the same conclusion: the existence of gods, afterlife, soul.....

And we have not changed so much, just like how a person in this forum asked "Are you still you?", many people still ask the same question. but the conclusion this time might be different, the conclusion this time might be conclusive not just an illusionary idea of an omnipotent being, conclusion this time might answer the age-old question of "What am I?" as we have the power of science with us.

Or v might never know? cause u know global warmin' might just murder us all. so here is my conclusion: SAVE ENVIRONMENT, SAVE EARTH, KNOW THE ANSWER TO "WHAT AM I?"

Signing out, Baddest Assest

Last edited:

AryaX

Maybe this is where the word 'soul' fits perfectly.
Based on what I have read and heard, what people seem to think of as "soul", is essentially an immaterial human, inside the material human body...

It is the same as the homunculus... A Failure to distinguish a part of a system, from the system of which it is merely a part...

The Root Problem of Consciousness...

Last edited:

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
So you died, but instead of getting Isekai'd, you wake up in the body of a clone retaining all your memories. Is it really you, or is it a clone thinking it's you?
Depends, if the clone doesn't know it's a clone then it'll never question its identity, from it's perspective, there is only it.
If they know then might be doubful, might try being somebody different, or they might just continue living life as who they were cloned to be.
Like I said, it depends.