As an author do you believe in the same ideals as your Mac?

Glitched

Moth Mommy
Somewhat. My mc is hellbent on killing humans ruthlessly, so not in that regard. But I do resonate with her care for those close to her.
I'm not really a fan of Apple products, so.
True

Notadate

Sorta, sorta not. My mc lives in the woods and only knows of religious stuff by his dead mom. He think god is real and is cool solely for the fact trees exist. But he is more in ideals of when he dies the Forrest will take him and keep his memory, while his soul passes on.

When he cuts a tree down or hunts something he gives respect.

-

Other than that, not much. He is always happy, and loves chopping wood.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
I mean... Ara was my character in a Skyrim playthrough and Rachel also writes but other than that, I wouldn't say we believe in the same ideals.

Certainly the "try to be a good person" that Ara believes in is kind of what I aspire to do in real life but her set of morals is vastly skewed. Almost everything would degenerate into a fight if she had her way. Disagree with what kind of soup is for dinner? Fight it out. Someone stole your sweet roll? Fight it out.

TotallyHuman

My mc's are self-absorbed pricks who lack empathy and a capacity for love, joy and any other positive emotion apart from brooding obsession and vicious schadenfreude. Of course not. I am kindness incarnate. If God was real, he'd promote me to Saint, nay, prophet. Eh, to Hell with that, I'd be an angel directly. The best of them.
In short, I am God. Do not compare me to my creations.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Yes and no.

I can't help my viewpoints shine through via the MC, but the same is true for other characters. Even my villains. I write it, and some things that I do believe in will appear in the books, even if subconsciously.

And I do think this is true for everyone.

Sylver

My characters are all extensions of myself, both the good and the bad aspects. This includes the antagonists as well as the protagonists. It's a part of the fun for myself as a writer, with my work serving as both a creative outlet and a reflection into myself, or a sort of psychoanalysis I guess.