Author Notice: Please Select a "Main Genre"

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Honestly is mecha even really a genre in English Originals?

While dungeon-core should honestly be in it's own genre as well with how much it's exploded and become popular.
Rather than a genre, it should be a tag.

P.S. Just noticed the forum was up, done the main genre thing. Although it's dang hard to pick one specifically between action and adventure for both my novels :(

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Rather than a genre, it should be a tag.

P.S. Just noticed the forum was up, done the main genre thing. Although it's dang hard to pick one specifically between action and adventure for both my novels :(
It comes down to what your novel focuses on. For example, if we ignore the sci-fi element, The Transformers movies are clearly all about fighting and action and thus would be Action. While if we ignore the fantasy aspect of Lord of the Rings, it's definitely more of a journey across Middle Earth and thus is an adventure.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
It comes down to what your novel focuses on. For example, if we ignore the sci-fi element, The Transformers movies are clearly all about fighting and action and thus would be Action. While if we ignore the fantasy aspect of Lord of the Rings, it's definitely more of a journey across Middle Earth and thus is an adventure.
Yeah, but my novels are pretty much equal parts action, adventure and random guff.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Mecha is a sub genre tbh but it is way different from other scifis that it basically its own genre now.

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Yeah, but my novels are pretty much equal parts action, adventure and random guff.
Yes, but which is more important to the story. Is the fighting and action more important? Or is the travelling/journey more important? It's up to you which you think plays a larger role in the novel (I haven't read them so I can't say which).