Author's experience in Scribble Hub

HJ

Hello I'm a writer! Recently, I made my own account for this site. I haven't posted anything yet because I want to know more how this works. It does not have a copy protect feature which makes me hesitant to release my novel here.

From an author's perspective, what are your experiences on scribble hub? Any challenges, frustrations, and successes that you encountered? Do you recommend this platform?

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
depends on the genre you're writing. if it's something other than an isekai, you might have a hard time on getting a fanbase. that said, this is still a pretty good platform. by the way, welcome to the club ,mate.

Reactions: HJ

Monk_Origins

No challenges, not really. Only negatives are that handful trolls that sometimes review bomb with 1 or 3 stars, but the kind and helpful Mods help you sort through asap.
The readers are kind, to the point of possible fault. As far as I can see, if you get a rating between 4 and 4.7, you will be destroyed in bigger sites, such as RR.
Also, here, readers are bigger risk takers with their time, and the SH supports them. If you are not a world class author, you will find it easier to get readers here rather than in sites with larger reader base.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
You won't run into any copycats tryna repost your story to a dozen different sites. But if you're trying to write anything besides isekai/LitRPG/GL/BL you're gonna have a hard time getting readers.

D

Deleted member 29081

One word: pander.

Pander, pander, pander.

And if you think you've pandered enough, that's a sign that you need to pander some more.

HJ

But if you're trying to write anything besides isekai/LitRPG/GL/BL you're gonna have a hard time getting readers.

My novels are usually BL themed with slice of life mixed with romance with a fluff on top. Will it do good here?

kira

I love Scribble Hub! My readers are awesome and encourage me. It is very comfortable here thanks to @Tony the amazing CEO of both SH and NU ! ❤ making a very author friendly site! It is easy to use and post here ❤ Good luck.btw what is your story ?

HJ

btw what is your story ?

Congratulations on your success!

I have two novels I am currently working on.

Walk-in: The Soul Contract and Beloved Husband of a Billionaire

Kaguro

From an author's perspective, what are your experiences on scribble hub? Any challenges, frustrations, and successes that you encountered? Do you recommend this platform?
Overall very good. You get very kind readers, and a relatively active platform, but not as much traffic as webnovel or royalroad could potentially get you.

In general, I don't think you need to worry about people stealing your work. I'm sure piracy sites exist, but to my knowledge there are no huge piracy sites dedicated to original english webnovels like there are for the english translated JP/KR/CN webnovels. Though it's not like I'm franchised either, so I am not really worried about theft in the first place.

Trying to format tables is pretty aggravating. So I could see if you had a litrpg story with tables every single chapter you would probably have a rough time. That said, the default format from direct copy pasting from google drive is rather good, but anything beyond that is tedious work.

HJ

Overall very good. You get very kind readers, and a relatively active platform, but not as much traffic as webnovel or royalroad could potentially get you.

In general, I don't think you need to worry about people stealing your work. I'm sure piracy sites exist, but to my knowledge there are no huge piracy sites dedicated to original english webnovels like there are for the english translated JP/KR/CN webnovels. Though it's not like I'm franchised either, so I am not really worried about theft in the first place.

Trying to format tables is pretty aggravating. So I could see if you had an litrpg story with tables every single chapter you would probably have a rough time. That said, the default format from direct copy pasting from google drive is rather good, but anything beyond that is tedious work.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Do you know if this platform also allows images to be posted in a chapter?

D

Deleted member 29316

Someone (@G1onny_Rog3rs) summoned me from the Hell-hole of Southeast Asia, and so here I am.

To upload images in SH, here are the steps.

1) Upload your image in an image hosting site like imgur.
1598150709024.png

2) Copy the 'Direct Link' of your Image.
1598150777651.png

3) Go to your chapter here in SH. Click Edit.
1598150878201.png

4) Put your cursor to the part where you wanted to insert the image. For this example, I chose the last part to insert the image I copied. Then hit Ctrl + V (Paste). The image should appear to indicate you're successful.
1598151023786.png

Alternately, you can use the 'Insert Image' function of the formatting bar at the top of your chapter to insert your image.
1598151118747.png

5) Hit 'Update' to save, and preview the chapter to see if your formatting worked.
1598151167924.png

Tip: If your image is too large for the chapter, you can quickly resize it by clicking on your image, and dragging that little square at the bottom right of your image to resize it.
1598151564136.png

If you got any other questions such as how to insert images and combining it through spoilers, feel free to ask. As for my experience here in SH, I've encountered a few snowflakes but overall, the community is nice. Since I'm a teacher, I'm used to dealing with problem children anyways.

Attachments

• 1598150687127.png
    1598150687127.png
    798.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 1598150990962.png
    1598150990962.png
    409.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:

Nanakawaichan

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Do you know if this platform also allows images to be posted in a chapter?
They allow uploading images but don't spam it in each chapter. (Sorry, I'm also from Wattpad so I know some writers like to explain their mc / oc clothes with images from the internet). Even though it's not a problem for the platform, usually it will trigger the reader (I better say it up front, just in case you plan to do it).

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Someone (@G1onny_Rog3rs) summoned me from the Hell-hole of Southeast Asia, and so here I am.

To upload images in SH, here are the steps.

1) Upload your image in an image hosting site like imgur.
View attachment 3601

2) Copy the 'Direct Link' of your Image.
View attachment 3602

3) Go to your chapter here in SH. Click Edit.
View attachment 3603

4) Put your cursor to the part where you wanted to insert the image. For this example, I chose the last part to insert the image I copied. Then hit Ctrl + V (Paste). The image should appear to indicate you're successful.
View attachment 3605

Alternately, you can use the 'Insert Image' function of the formatting bar at the top of your chapter to insert your image.
View attachment 3606

5) Hit 'Update' to save, and preview the chapter to see if your formatting worked.
View attachment 3607

If you got any other questions such as how to insert images and combining it through spoilers, feel free to ask. As for my experience here in SH, I've encountered a few snowflakes but overall, the community is nice. Since I'm a teacher, I'm used to dealing with problem children anyways.
Can you directly insert it from your device?

D

Deleted member 29316

Can you directly insert it from your device?
I did try it, but it's difficult (at least for me). Best is to use a laptop or desktop.

Edit: My bad. I misunderstood your question @BenJepheneT. You can't do the direct insert from your device to the chapter. You really have to insert via image hosting sites, since the Insert/Edit Image function is asking for URL of the image. (Pretty much RoyalRoad)

I thought you're asking for inserting images here in forum. Sorry, 'momentary old man lapse'.

Last edited by a moderator: