Average time to finish a chapter.

LostinMovement

I usually go at bursts. I'll go around 1-3 days without writing and immediately put out around 1 - 2k before burning out again.
Same here. I can't write everyday because I burn out easily so I space out my writing. My chapters are always between 3k-5k so that is maybe why I take longer to polish them.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Same here. I can't write everyday because I burn out easily so I space out my writing. My chapters are always between 3k-5k so that is maybe why I take longer to polish them.
Lmao mine clocks between 7 - 9k words so I guess mine takes longer than everyone else (a full month)

MajorKerina

It depends. It took me three hours to get through a rough, dialogue-heavy section of a new chapter two nights ago because I had to suss out an antagonist and their word choices. And that barely hit 1000 words but I sometimes have days where I don't have to think the words out and end up with 3000 fairly quickly. Conversational narration is easier but stuff I need to research like the name of some building ornamentation might take me longer. I once rolled at 5000 words a day at my halcyon peak.

Edit - Holy heck, I made 10,000 words in a day?!?

Last edited: