Ballerina serial killer

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
do you think a ballerina would make a good serial killer?
here's why I think she could be:
  • travels often from town to town, a near stranger to locals
  • surprisingly strong for her physique
  • can act as bait for the victims

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
Spicy idea.
She would be perfect, I can already imagine the character and the story. Beautiful and lethal, somewhat like Sharon Stone. "The Swan Song"

SailusGebel

They are not surprisingly strong, simply because they weigh so little. Even though I'm a wuss, I'm a wuss that weighs 90+ kilos. It's hard for me to even entertain a thought that someone who weighs 40 kilos can harm me, unless they are a professional fighter. And I know that I'm a big chunky boi, and I weigh more than average person, but my weight is mostly fat. Other than that, yes.

MatchaChocolate69

They are not surprisingly strong, simply because they weigh so little. Even though I'm a wuss, I'm a wuss that weighs 90+ kilos. It's hard for me to even entertain a thought that someone who weighs 40 kilos can harm me, unless they are a professional fighter. And I know that I'm a big chunky boi, and I weigh more than average person, but my weight is mostly fat. Other than that, yes.
It makes sense, she would probably use poisons and drugs on her victims.

SailusGebel

It makes sense, she would probably use poisons and drugs on her victims.
I'm perfectly okay with ballerina being a serial killer. I just think that being strong isn't exactly a strong point, and kinda irrelevant. They absolutely can work with their own weight, they are flexible, they have endurance, and so on. But they are not strong like a strongman, or a powerlifter.

J_Chemist

She would get folded like laundry. She would need to kill via non-physical means and would have to be rather intelligent to come up with the schemes.

Plausible though? Yes.

Plantorsomething

Ballora fnaf

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Why does everyone assume it's a female ballerina?
Nobody uses the term Ballerino, so it could be male or female.

MatchaChocolate69

Why does everyone assume it's a female ballerina?
Nobody uses the term Ballerino, so it could be male or female.
I might be mistaken, but I believe the word "Ballerina" is not used for male dancers. It's a word specifically feminine in the language of origin.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
You know, I really like this idea! It is a perfect cover story! This needs to be the plot for a side villain, because I would so read it!
It is part of the job to flaunt the body, but it also has an element of classiness and prestige as a traditional dance art which gives it respectability in most parts of the world. Unless you are just [Redacted]. No offense [Redacted] and [Redacted]. You know, I had a rather offensive joke here that goes a wee bit too far into the personal roasting, so Imma just remove that :blob_whistle_two:. I was channeling my inner Moxie's opera opinions too much...

And I'll contrast what @SailusGebel said, because he's wrong, obviously not understanding the capabilities of a ballerina. Despite their - on average - light weight class (and one can keep in mind, this could be an especially tall ballerina who was chosen to stand out amidst the rest of the ballet troupe), they regularly perform feats of strength on levels outmatching other sports. The amount of force required to support themselves on the tips of their toes is frankly absurd, and the kicks they do day in and day out, giving them a considerable advantage when it comes targeting blows that can cause serious bruising and bone shattering, potentially even internal hemorrhaging for particularly good blows. They also require considerable grip strength to perform feats of agility, which makes strangling people (according to the California Courts, only 11 pounds of force applied on both carotid arteries for 10 seconds to induce unconsciousness, only FOUR POUNDS on the jugular for 10 seconds to induce unconsciousness, and 33 pounds to crush the trachea. And one shouldn't underestimate the originality that applying their teachings should allow them for using their impressively developed muscle strength in their legs and core strength to absolutely demolish your average joe (particularly in a surprise ambush with a bait of some variation to obtain isolation and privacy for their dirty deeds, as most serial killers do).

And on top of the more traditional strengths of the ballerina, SailusGebel is unaware of the fact that modern ballerinas are including a LOT more weightlifting and traditional exercises. Crosstraining using other sports is not uncommon. According to The Guardian, one ballerina is cited as repping 220 pounds. You get tricked, buddy, and you could get knocked flat easy with the right leverage, leaving you brain damage and or brain death to boot to boot. On average, they can do twice their weight, easy. That matters quite a bit, regardless of whether you are a heavy wuss or not.

AND! On top of that, you are ignoring the small, noticeable, effect that exercising one part of the body, despite not touching another, will still increase that part's muscle by a bit (New York Times). So on top of the huge amounts of work they already do on the upper body, if you still want to focus on more traditional upper body strength, they will be getting those returns from their even greater amounts of exercise on the lower body.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I'm perfectly okay with ballerina being a serial killer. I just think that being strong isn't exactly a strong point, and kinda irrelevant. They absolutely can work with their own weight, they are flexible, they have endurance, and so on. But they are not strong like a strongman, or a powerlifter.
that's potentially where martial arts could come in (at least stuff like capoeira where flexibility, mobility and endurance are a big factor)

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I love this. How did you discover my hidden trade?
Pics or didn’t happen. Tag me on MySpace for it.
You know, I really like this idea! It is a perfect cover story! This needs to be the plot for a side villain, because I would so read it!
It is part of the job to flaunt the body, but it also has an element of classiness and prestige as a traditional dance art which gives it respectability in most parts of the world. Unless you are just [Redacted]. No offense [Redacted] and [Redacted]. You know, I had a rather offensive joke here that goes a wee bit too far into the personal roasting, so Imma just remove that :blob_whistle_two:. I was channeling my inner Moxie's opera opinions too much...

And I'll contrast what @SailusGebel said, because he's wrong, obviously not understanding the capabilities of a ballerina. Despite their - on average - light weight class (and one can keep in mind, this could be an especially tall ballerina who was chosen to stand out amidst the rest of the ballet troupe), they regularly perform feats of strength on levels outmatching other sports. The amount of force required to support themselves on the tips of their toes is frankly absurd, and the kicks they do day in and day out, giving them a considerable advantage when it comes targeting blows that can cause serious bruising and bone shattering, potentially even internal hemorrhaging for particularly good blows. They also require considerable grip strength to perform feats of agility, which makes strangling people (according to the California Courts, only 11 pounds of force applied on both carotid arteries for 10 seconds to induce unconsciousness, only FOUR POUNDS on the jugular for 10 seconds to induce unconsciousness, and 33 pounds to crush the trachea. And one shouldn't underestimate the originality that applying their teachings should allow them for using their impressively developed muscle strength in their legs and core strength to absolutely demolish your average joe (particularly in a surprise ambush with a bait of some variation to obtain isolation and privacy for their dirty deeds, as most serial killers do).

And on top of the more traditional strengths of the ballerina, SailusGebel is unaware of the fact that modern ballerinas are including a LOT more weightlifting and traditional exercises. Crosstraining using other sports is not uncommon. According to The Guardian, one ballerina is cited as repping 220 pounds. You get tricked, buddy, and you could get knocked flat easy with the right leverage, leaving you brain damage and or brain death to boot to boot. On average, they can do twice their weight, easy. That matters quite a bit, regardless of whether you are a heavy wuss or not.

AND! On top of that, you are ignoring the small, noticeable, effect that exercising one part of the body, despite not touching another, will still increase that part's muscle by a bit (New York Times). So on top of the huge amounts of work they already do on the upper body, if you still want to focus on more traditional upper body strength, they will be getting those returns from their even greater amounts of exercise on the lower body.
Are you a ballerina serial killer by chance?

Nice.

Lodur

Eight virgin

I don't know how it's in the US, but here in Russia professional ballerina can't be (even slightly) overly tall or overly muscular. Well, if she wants to ever be a prima, and not a part of corps de ballet during her professional carrier. Because every additional centimeter in height and additional muscles adds to her weight, and it's additional workload for her partner male ballet dancer. After all, male ballet dancers, while have strong arms, still need to be lean themselves: it's ballet aesthetics, and they need to graciously dance, so they can's afford to be akin to bodybuilders or sportsmen-heavylifters.

SailusGebel

that's potentially where martial arts could come in (at least stuff like capoeira where flexibility, mobility and endurance are a big factor)
First, all martial arts need flexibility and endurance. Second, capoeira is kinda shit, but you can easily subsitute it with something like karate. Karate is also kinda shit, but it is still more usable.

At first I wanted to write a long reply, but then I understood that it will be futile. If you can't understand why you are wrong and reaching, no amount of words I write will be enough to explain it to you, and I don't want to waste my time. If someone else desperately wants to see my reply, they can @ me. But I won't reply to you on this topic. You can consider it as your win, or whatever, I don't care.

Oh, and one last thing, that I missed when I read your reply yesterday.
It is part of the job to flaunt the body,
This is straight-up sad.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
Well, I do remember reading a detective story where the Ballerina was the murder. So yea, I think they would a good killer; after all, there are not only one way kill.

I don't remember the title, and it's untranslated.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Gyatt damn...
But on a serious note... There is actually a ballerina serial killer created by Marvel and EA.

Here is Fault Zone:

Last edited: