Beginning after the End magic system

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I dropped the work when the MC family found out that MC is old af.

Also because I find it irritating that the cunty half elf's brother who is also the Human Champion did not get much punishment for rough housing MC other than a slap to the ground by God and no punishment to the Human King who is jealous of MC prowess and want him dead.

I want the both of them to be in the footsteps of the cunty half elf; dying horribly in pain.

Ok, rant is over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the world itself has two systems:

1. Magic based that allows folks to cast spells and shiet.
2. Aura based that allows folks to physically enhance their bodies and shiet.

It is also elemental, for example Air/ Wind.

Magic user can blow wind, make tornadoes etc.
Aura user can enhance body to be fast as wind and/ or light as air.

MC did ask a bunch of students why Aura users can't shit out the elements and why Magic users can't suck the elements into their body like unbirth.

I totally forget if an explanation was given.

Was it given? If yes, please help this senile me to understand how it works?

Iwalkthestars

I think I handed it back in when he was captured or tortured underground. Before the other island arc? That was so many years ago, and it seems to have got me feeling ancient. Anyway, it just became boring and unimpressive at the beginning it was one of the best isekai'd, Litrpg that was coming out, though

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Also because I find it irritating that the cunty half elf's brother who is also the Human Champion did not get much punishment for rough housing MC other than a slap to the ground by God and no punishment to the Human King who is jealous of MC prowess and want him dead.

I want the both of them to be in the footsteps of the cunty half elf; dying horribly in pain.

Ok, rant is over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the world itself has two systems:

1. Magic based that allows folks to cast spells and shiet.
2. Aura based that allows folks to physically enhance their bodies and shiet.

It is also elemental, for example Air/ Wind.

Magic user can blow wind, make tornadoes etc.
Aura user can enhance body to be fast as wind and/ or light as air.

MC did ask a bunch of students why Aura users can't shit out the elements and why Magic users can't suck the elements into their body like unbirth.

I totally forget if an explanation was given.

Was it given? If yes, please help this senile me to understand how it works?
no, there are no real aura users in the sense of, say, xianxia cultivation martial artist. Its just that there are two types of mages, ones who are augmentors who use mana to empower their body, and emitters who channel mana outside their bodies to cause phenomena in the world. Fire, water, lightning, ect. But these are more like...predispositions. People can be either more predisposed towards augmenting or emitting, but at higher levels each can do the same thing as the other can. So the magic system centered around your level of control over mana, your mana pool itself, and your efficiency.

its not that they "cant" but that they havent reached a level where they can ignore their predisposition and freely use mana in whatever way they wish yet. Most who do reach this level though just often stick with the style of mana usage they learned and polished first, which makes sense

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
no, there are no real aura users in the sense of, say, xianxia cultivation martial artist. Its just that there are two types of mages, ones who are augmentors who use mana to empower their body, and emitters who channel mana outside their bodies to cause phenomena in the world. Fire, water, lightning, ect. But these are more like...predispositions. People can be either more predisposed towards augmenting or emitting, but at higher levels each can do the same thing as the other can. So the magic system centered around your level of control over mana, your mana pool itself, and your efficiency.

its not that they "cant" but that they havent reached a level where they can ignore their predisposition and freely use mana in whatever way they wish yet. Most who do reach this level though just often stick with the style of mana usage they learned and polished first, which makes sense
Uh huh uh huh.

I am nodding with your explanantion at the moment.

I mean, this is the same explanation with a lot of chinese works that I had got through when standard meditation cultivation and kungfu cultivation are involved.

Normally the latter is inferior to the former at first (only in Unsheathed it is completely flipped with 1 Kungfu level = +2 Standard level due to body tempering), but gradually they become the same; to reach godhood and infinite and beyond.

So the Begin After End got explain the same? Either way, thanks @CupcakeNinja .

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I dropped it when they had a 12 yo child going out on dangerous suicide missions.

Even with past life memories something’s feel too unrealistic for me. One of my biggest problem with isekai/regression stories. Is no matter what super powers you give the mc, I find it difficult to see a kid who hasn’t learned his multiplication tables look cool or badass in any scenario.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Uh huh uh huh.

I am nodding with your explanantion at the moment.

I mean, this is the same explanation with a lot of chinese works that I had got through when standard meditation cultivation and kungfu cultivation are involved.

Normally the latter is inferior to the former at first (only in Unsheathed it is completely flipped with 1 Kungfu level = +2 Standard level due to body tempering), but gradually they become the same; to reach godhood and infinite and beyond.

So the Begin After End got explain the same? Either way, thanks @CupcakeNinja .
meh yea but not exactly cuz cultivation novels, upon their higher levels, become gods but not all of them become godlike in the sense of warping reality and shit. I think thats more Xuanhuan specific? or whatever its called . In xianxia irs more like the level of destruction reaches a level where no mater your source, you about the same whether your'e a ki refiner or body refiner. Different method, similar result.

Whereas in xuanhuan, its more mystical with Dao comprehension and becoming a god like being that can manipulate the very fabric of reality.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I dropped it when they had a 12 yo child going out on dangerous suicide missions.

Even with past life memories something’s feel too unrealistic for me. One of my biggest problem with isekai/regression stories. Is no matter what super powers you give the mc, I find it difficult to see a kid who hasn’t learned his multiplication tables look cool or badass in any scenario.
Fr fr, though the argument is always "different world different logic".

I mean, child labor is always a thing and the government is now trying to legalize it.

Also, second argument is "not my child aka other people's children are limitless and disposable"

meh yea but not exactly cuz cultivation novels, upon their higher levels, become gods but not all of them become godlike in the sense of warping reality and shit. I think thats more Xuanhuan specific? or whatever its called . In xianxia irs more like the level of destruction reaches a level where no mater your source, you about the same whether your'e a ki refiner or body refiner. Different method, similar result.

Whereas in xuanhuan, its more mystical with Dao comprehension and becoming a god like being that can manipulate the very fabric of reality.
Nah. Xianxia has reality warpers too once you pass a threshold (some authors say it is Immortal Ascension such as Golden Immortal). The fact that xianxia and xuanhuan deals with the mystics makes it more complex yet similar, like emitters and augmentors.

Anyway, below is Wuxiaworld explaining

Xianxia (仙侠 xiānxiá) – literally means “Immortal Heroes”. Fictional stories featuring magic, demons, ghosts, immortals, and a great deal of Chinese folklore/mythology. Protagonists (usually) attempt to cultivate to Immortality, seeking eternal life and the pinnacle of strength. Heavily inspired by Daoism.

Comparison: If Wuxia is “low fantasy”, then Xianxia is “high fantasy”.
Xuanhuan (玄幻 xuánhuàn) – literally means “Mysterious Fantasy”. A broad genre of fictional stories which remixes Chinese folklore/mythology with foreign elements & settings.

Xuanhuan and Xianxia novels may sometimes seem similar on the surface. Look for the presence of Daoist elements (the Dao, Yin and Yang, Immortals, etc…) in the novel to easily distinguish the two – if they aren’t present, then it’s probably a Xuanhuan novel.

historically, boys of age (12,13 and up) fought in wars and defended their home towns. the idea of a 'childhood' is a modern one.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
historically, boys of age (12,13 and up) fought in wars and defended their home towns. the idea of a 'childhood' is a modern one.

Except when every other child character in the story’s setting has children acting like modern children. In these stories the mc is always an exception and not normal. I don’t hate it when it’s shown to be a part of the world (remember one KR web novel that was about child soldiers in a fantasy setting, didn’t hate it there) but it’s usually that the mc is shown to be extraordinary or different.

In Beginning after the end in particular it’s mentioned that what he wants to do is not normal, and his parents push back against it (though not well in a way that felt very stiff and unrealistic). Yes there is another character of the same age fighting suicide missions, but that is also displayed as abnormal and rare. Besides those two every other child does not fight and lives closer to the life of a modern child than a kid from medieval or even Victorian times.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Except when every other child character in the story’s setting has children acting like modern children. In these stories the mc is always an exception and not normal. I don’t hate it when it’s shown to be a part of the world (remember one KR web novel that was about child soldiers in a fantasy setting, didn’t hate it there) but it’s usually that the mc is shown to be extraordinary or different.

In Beginning after the end in particular it’s mentioned that what he wants to do is not normal, and his parents push back against it (though not well in a way that felt very stiff and unrealistic). Yes there is another character of the same age fighting suicide missions, but that is also displayed as abnormal and rare. Besides those two every other child does not fight and lives closer to the life of a modern child than a kid from medieval or even Victorian times.
Oh, the protagonist effect.

Kind of why I veered off from reading old man getting shoving to bodies less than 12 yo.

Cuz maturity just does not exist in that age and autonomy is non-existent even for a child prodigy.

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty

True that.

The author did the taboo of doing it.
For what ? "loooolz i am specialz!" ?????
There is a reason(s) no one do that, one is that its fking embarrasing and depressing for reader.

And yes, it was quite a major turn off, when MC simply crippled the imperial mage of king.
Suuure the "word faceslap" (What if i asked to sell your son to me) was nice, but FAR FROM ENOUGH.
Like, do i need to believe MC with far more stronger strength, will bear the humiliation, of a arrogant smartass noble(king)-thinking-he-is-god-on-land, threatening him to give him his dragon ?
HECK THE DUDE EVEN KEPT ON GOING TO ASK IT AGAIN.
MC with his strength at that time, could kill them effortlessly ! FKING TIME STOP(?) AND MORE !
At least punch him or something !
The worse is that clearly, the king stopped because he saw MC's strength and not just bc "i was wrong to do it"

And then far later, oh wow big enenmy outside, must stick together or ded.
LIke BRUH ! Why is there STILL THIS SHITTY COUPLE TOGETHER IN THIS GATHERING FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE CONTINENT !
Heck to be honest, even the old man in Fate Stay night, didnt disgust me as much as this 2 motherfuckers !!!! and hoping they die quickly!!!! Also THEY BRING 0 UTILITY OR ANY VALID REASON TO KEEP ALIVE ! (beside probably 0 imagination to create replacements !!!!!!!!!!!)
Fate matou zouken - Sexy Media Girls on 365parma.net

-----------
Meanwhile Lightning Disciple
is also as much as disappointing.
Author did the BS move "Did you expect them to discover they are each other ? ZIKE !!!! MUAHAHAHAA !"
(with even the pendant or something to prove identity ready and all. BAM ITS LOST !)

And now not even interested (FOR REAL) any current chapter if they appear.
Bc i know that any chapter, will be about this POINTLESS BORING DISCIPLES UNDER MC !
ESPECIALLY RECENTLY ARC ABOUT THE KINDGUY BEING THE SON OF EVIL LEADER SECT OR SOMETHING THAT I DONT CARE.
---
I had high expectations, as it was genderbender (cough before even knowing Botty cough)
and anti-routine MC
and the fact author dared to write that FL was directly...........coughsexcough by a lolicon villain and not saved miraculously in time by something.
But now its pure trash.
Its trash quality like some years ago, few CNs that tried to write "master MC training disciples so system help to ascend" only to fail horribly bc its meh.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
True that.

The author did the taboo of doing it.
For what ? "loooolz i am specialz!" ?????
There is a reason(s) no one do that, one is that its fking embarrasing and depressing for reader.

And yes, it was quite a major turn off, when MC simply crippled the imperial mage of king.
Suuure the "word faceslap" (What if i asked to sell your son to me) was nice, but FAR FROM ENOUGH.
Like, do i need to believe MC with far more stronger strength, will bear the humiliation, of a arrogant smartass noble(king)-thinking-he-is-god-on-land, threatening him to give him his dragon ?
HECK THE DUDE EVEN KEPT ON GOING TO ASK IT AGAIN.
MC with his strength at that time, could kill them effortlessly ! FKING TIME STOP(?) AND MORE !
At least punch him or something !
The worse is that clearly, the king stopped because he saw MC's strength and not just bc "i was wrong to do it"

And then far later, oh wow big enenmy outside, must stick together or ded.
LIke BRUH ! Why is there STILL THIS SHITTY COUPLE TOGETHER IN THIS GATHERING FOR THE SURVIVAL OF THE CONTINENT !
Heck to be honest, even the old man in Fate Stay night, didnt disgust me as much as this 2 motherfuckers !!!! and hoping they die quickly!!!! Also THEY BRING 0 UTILITY OR ANY VALID REASON TO KEEP ALIVE ! (beside probably 0 imagination to create replacements !!!!!!!!!!!)
Fate matou zouken - Sexy Media Girls on 365parma.net

-----------
Meanwhile Lightning Disciple
is also as much as disappointing.
Author did the BS move "Did you expect them to discover they are each other ? ZIKE !!!! MUAHAHAHAA !"
(with even the pendant or something to prove identity ready and all. BAM ITS LOST !)

And now not even interested (FOR REAL) any current chapter if they appear.
Bc i know that any chapter, will be about this POINTLESS BORING DISCIPLES UNDER MC !
ESPECIALLY RECENTLY ARC ABOUT THE KINDGUY BEING THE SON OF EVIL LEADER SECT OR SOMETHING THAT I DONT CARE.
---
I had high expectations, as it was genderbender (cough before even knowing Botty cough)
and anti-routine MC
and the fact author dared to write that FL was directly...........coughsexcough by a lolicon villain and not saved miraculously in time by something.
But now its pure trash.
Its trash quality like some years ago, few CNs that tried to write "master MC training disciples so system help to ascend" only to fail horribly bc its meh.
Lightning Disciple is just blue ball central, its like that gif where a truck crashing into a pile but never did.

Strong start, iffy academy introduction, terrible beyond that.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I'm sorry. What are you looking for?
Nothing really.

In Beginning after End, MC was teaching a class about their power system.

Their world exist two methods of using magic; one way is to cast yhe elemental spells outside of their body in order to shoot fireball etc, the other way is to cast elemental buffs on their own body like make themselves stronger such as fire body to increase damage output etc.

The MC left the class asking them why can't the former absorb the element generated outside their body and the latter can't shoot out the element generated within their body.

@CupcakeNinja made it quite clear that I should not separate them into two different types of magic system, instead they are just two different methods of using the same system. Like dribbling in soccer and basketball; both techniques are about ball management, but the former using mostly legs and latter the arms. The reason why MC asked the question is to widen the students' perspective in ball management.

So yeah, I had my question answered in a way, unless you have a different view on the topic?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Nothing really.

In Beginning after End, MC was teaching a class about their power system.

Their world exist two methods of using magic; one way is to cast yhe elemental spells outside of their body in order to shoot fireball etc, the other way is to cast elemental buffs on their own body like make themselves stronger such as fire body to increase damage output etc.

The MC left the class asking them why can't the former absorb the element generated outside their body and the latter can't shoot out the element generated within their body.

@CupcakeNinja made it quite clear that I should not separate them into two different types of magic system, instead they are just two different methods of using the same system. Like dribbling in soccer and basketball; both techniques are about ball management, but the former using mostly legs and latter the arms. The reason why MC asked the question is to widen the students' perspective in ball management.

So yeah, I had my question answered in a way, unless you have a different view on the topic?
I read the comic once, at some point I went, "Bored now" and stopped. I check back every once is a while and all I know is the MC is STRONK. and then he gets STRONKER. Then someone does something stupid and goes, "Yes, my brother was evil and a rapist and you killed him in self defense, but He was my brother, so I'm gonna kill you." And I went

If everyone on the planet doesn't turn their back on you by the next page, I'm out.

Everyone supports said fucker because he STRONK.

I out.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I read the comic once, at some point I went, "Bored now" and stopped. I check back every once is a while and all I know is the MC is STRONK. and then he gets STRONKER. Then someone does something stupid and goes, "Yes, my brother was evil and a rapist and you killed him in self defense, but He was my brother, so I'm gonna kill you." And I went

If everyone on the planet doesn't turn their back on you by the next page, I'm out.

Everyone supports said fucker because he STRONK.

I out.
Slight difficulty to catch who the crowd is supporting.

If you mean the scene where the crowd support the Human Champion even though it was his bastard half elf bro who started it all, yeah I dropped the novel around the same scene.

I get the injustice is real cuz that is how RL works too, what I don't get is how the deus ex machina saved MC but did not buttfuck the Human Champion and merely gave him a light slap.