Being offered four isekai difficulties, which one will you choose?

Which one will you choose?

• 1. Easy (Very low reward)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2. Normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Hard

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 4. impossible (High reward)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 5. Reject isekai

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Bristlecone

As you were walking down the street, a truck lost control and stopped just before hitting you...

“I am the god of time“

Time seems to have stopped with the truck in front of you.

“And I can do something about your current situation... if you are willing to do something for me...“

The voice goes on speaking from somewhere.

“There is a world that is about to be destroyed by a demon king and I want you to get rid of the threat. But there is a little problem, because of some divine rules, I cannot reincarnate you as a living being in that place“

?

“If you are willing to do this, you will become the contracted elemental spirit of one of the students of a royal academy with the potential to defeat the demon king. Being more specific...

1. Light spirit of a female commoner of goodwill. She will hear and obey all your commands, this will be easy but I will use too much of my energy. When you return, the truck will hit you and you will surely be hospitalized for a long time (months).

2. Fire spirit of the second prince. Sometimes he will reject your opinions, it shouldn't be hard but I will still use some of my energy. When you return, the truck will hit you and you will be hospitalized for a short time (weeks)

3. Ice spirit of the evil duke daughter. She will reject almost all of your commands, it will be difficult but I will retain most of my energy. When you come back the truck won't hit you.

4. Darkness spirit of an demon lord cult leader. You will be nothing more than a tool to him, this will be almost impossible but I will retain all my energy. When you return, the truck will not hit you and you will get the power to slow down time (with your mind unaffected).

As an elemental spirit, you will be able to speak to your contracted being at any time and you will be granted one hour of free materialization each day.

You will have three months to train them (or to stop him) before the demon king appears. If you fail, time will return to the start as many times as necessary"

"Of course, you can decline my offer and face your fate. The choice is yours"

joeblow12

The "impossible' level is too easy. True the demon lord cult leader is evil, but also selfish. Therefore with some foreknowledge given selectively and strategically,it doesn't seem so hard to manipulate the demon lord into wanting to be the boss, and not wanting to have to serve the demon king. With said foreknowledge, you can demonstrate your ability to bring him to victory.

Mr.Grey-Cat

of course, I will choose the easy one.

I mean why would you refuse? first, you get to be isekaied, second, you get to be the companion of a good-natured heroine, and play the doting character card, third, you get to grow stronger in a different world.

though of course, some may say stuff about the demon king and all, buuuuut, so what? even if there is a demon king, I don't give a shit. instead, I would just live the same days over and over and over, time-traveling, times fighting, time escaping, so what's the bad part, when no matter what, you won't suffer ?

and yeah, it may suddenly turn into drama, and romance, when you see your one contractor suffering through many timelines, but hey ? is not that only for the final arc ? not to mention, that as a person you would have experienced growth by that time, you know?

so, yeeah, just choose the easy one, and instead of focusing the story on the action isekai from your point of view, change it into a seinen drama, from the third point of view, about the time-looping, spirit, and the kind heroine, it will be a good drama.

and then, when all is done, and you make the choice that you believe to be right, you will have one of two endings:

the happy ending: where you will keep repeating the same months over and over.

the sad ending: where the contractor will fight the demon king but would never defeat it, so that you can stay with her.

the true ending: you stop your selfishness and help in defeating the demon king, and then after all of that, you wake up in the hospital reminiscing about what you have been through

Kenjona

4 is my greedy choice; but 3 is best choice.

TL/DR
  1. As far as choice 5: "a truck lost control and stopped just before hitting you" "Of course, you can decline my offer and face your fate. The choice is yours".
    1. You are about to be hit by a FREAKING TRUCK! With no save in sight.
    2. Choice #1 has you in the hospital for months, so choice 5 should be comparable or worse then it; Yeah monke or monk-eeee go splat, No Thank you. At least with other choices, I delay the go splat and might do some good in a world.
  2. Choices 1-4 return me back and I am guaranteed to survive. But how effective I will be afterward will depend on the choice I make. Even though the Hospitalization may be shorter for 2 versus 1; but both will still mean I have long term health issues. If you are hospitalized for a day or two, which is observation time for hospitals, no biggie. But for a minimum of weeks (Choice #2), yeah you got broken big time, long term health issues are in your future. Money wise 1 is gonna cost you more than 2 , but either one is the proverbial "arms and legs" worth of money down the drain. Hospital costs averaged $2,607 per day throughout the U.S.. Other Euro centric countries it is about 50-80% of that with their health care programs.
  3. None of the choices 1-4, do I know what is going to happen, what is needed to get the job done and when it is needed to be done. If we solely go by what is written. So a wash there. Even the bad guy one does not mention they are connected in anyway to the actual threat to the world.
  4. But you do get to materialize and you get to speak to the contractor at anytime, this has potential.
  5. I know I will probably have a world of hurt when time stops if I choose 1, 2 or 5. I will potentially have a world of hurt if I choose 4 during the crises, but I know I will be alright in the end.
  6. If I was a saint, which I am not, and willing to sacrifice myself to save a world, then #1 is best choice.
  7. 3 Is safest choice (Success + Survival).
  8. Greed is good and I am arrogant enough to try and pull it off so #4.
of course, I will choose the easy one.

I mean why would you refuse? first, you get to be isekaied, second, you get to be the companion of a good-natured heroine, and play the doting character card, third, you get to grow stronger in a different world.

though of course, some may say stuff about the demon king and all, buuuuut, so what? even if there is a demon king, I don't give a shit. instead, I would just live the same days over and over and over, time-traveling, times fighting, time escaping, so what's the bad part, when no matter what, you won't suffer ?

and yeah, it may suddenly turn into drama, and romance, when you see your one contractor suffering through many timelines, but hey ? is not that only for the final arc ? not to mention, that as a person you would have experienced growth by that time, you know?

so, yeeah, just choose the easy one, and instead of focusing the story on the action isekai from your point of view, change it into a seinen drama, from the third point of view, about the time-looping, spirit, and the kind heroine, it will be a good drama.

and then, when all is done, and you make the choice that you believe to be right, you will have one of two endings:

the happy ending: where you will keep repeating the same months over and over.

the sad ending: where the contractor will fight the demon king but would never defeat it, so that you can stay with her.

the true ending: you stop your selfishness and help in defeating the demon king, and then after all of that, you wake up in the hospital reminiscing about what you have been through
None of the choices say you get to keep resetting game if you lose, or have any time based abilities at all. All you get for abilities is "As an elemental spirit, you will be able to speak to your contracted being at any time and you will be granted one hour of free materialization each day.". You do not get woken up in a Hospital, you get hit by a truck; then you go to the hospital for months and now must pay for that hospitalization.

Last edited:

Mr.Grey-Cat

None of the choices say you get to keep resetting game if you lose, or have any time based abilities at all.

No, you should check again, because all choices do.

"If you fail, time will return to the start as many times as necessary"

If you were to check, then you will find it written below the choices.

Oh, yeah, by the way, just a question for you who's thinking seriously. But be honest, do you really think the options from 2 to 4 are achievable, when even number 1is questionable ? So yeah, honestly there are only two real choices here, 1 and 5, otherwise just prepare to be the next protagonist of a novel titled :

10 000 years as a time looping spirit in a different world- all choices lead to doom-

Kenjona

No, you should check again, because all choices do.

"If you fail, time will return to the start as many times as necessary"

If you were to check, then you will find it written below the choices.

Oh, yeah, by the way, just a question for you who's thinking seriously. But be honest, do you really think the options from 2 to 4 are achievable, when even number 1is questionable ? So yeah, honestly there are only two real choices here, 1 and 5, otherwise just prepare to be the next protagonist of a novel titled :

10 000 years as a time looping spirit in a different world- all choices lead to doom-
You are right, I DID miss that. in which case #3 moves to second place in my mind as safest + best. I can do something with #4 and make profit if I can keep doing it over and over.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
As you were walking down the street, a truck lost control and stopped just before hitting you...

“I am the god of time“

Time seems to have stopped with the truck in front of you.

“And I can do something about your current situation... if you are willing to do something for me...“

The voice goes on speaking from somewhere.

“There is a world that is about to be destroyed by a demon king and I want you to get rid of the threat. But there is a little problem, because of some divine rules, I cannot reincarnate you as a living being in that place“

?

“If you are willing to do this, you will become the contracted elemental spirit of one of the students of a royal academy with the potential to defeat the demon king. Being more specific...

1. Light spirit of a female commoner of goodwill. She will hear and obey all your commands, this will be easy but I will use too much of my energy. When you return, the truck will hit you and you will surely be hospitalized for a long time (months).

2. Fire spirit of the second prince. Sometimes he will reject your opinions, it shouldn't be hard but I will still use some of my energy. When you return, the truck will hit you and you will be hospitalized for a short time (weeks)

3. Ice spirit of the evil duke daughter. She will reject almost all of your commands, it will be difficult but I will retain most of my energy. When you come back the truck won't hit you.

4. Darkness spirit of an demon lord cult leader. You will be nothing more than a tool to him, this will be almost impossible but I will retain all my energy. When you return, the truck will not hit you and you will get the power to slow down time (with your mind unaffected).

As an elemental spirit, you will be able to speak to your contracted being at any time and you will be granted one hour of free materialization each day.

You will have three months to train them (or to stop him) before the demon king appears. If you fail, time will return to the start as many times as necessary"

"Of course, you can decline my offer and face your fate. The choice is yours"
Easy mode. So what if Ai-chan will be hospitalized for months? That's months of free rest. As for the power to slow down time, no reason why Ai-chan would want it. Ai-chan spent an entire lifetime without such power. Ai-chan can live without such power.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I choose impossible, if they refuse to listen to me, I will actively sabotage them. Or just flat out ignore them. Try summoning or becoming a demon lord with a vengeful elemental spirit behind you. :blob_popcorn_two: *humph*