Billionaire and Magician

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
I dunno why this randomly occurred to me, but what would an interaction between a billionaire and a magician look like? And I'm not talking about the trick guys. I'm talking about the reality-altering, physics-bending, true blue magicians. It seems like it'd be fun to write.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
true blue magicians
Why blue? Mages aren't always blue, they can, like this great witch, be very jolly.

But it depends on the mage and a billionaire.
If all the former can do is make flowers, then he's not gonna be that different from a normal person, so it will be an intercection between a billionaire and a normal person.
Come to think of it, I've met quite a few in person. Made several. Deals for riches are most common in the line of work of trading souls. Billionaires don't fart perfume.
If the mage can, I dunno, live forever and bend reality like Dr Manhattan, read and control minds etc, like this great witch, then it will not matter at all, if the other person is a billionaire or not. You all are just raw materials that play with trinkets to us. Would you believe a monkey that's gathered the most bones or shinies in its life is somehow important?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Billionaire: “You’re just a second rate showman who tricks people with stupid illusions.”

Magician: “Then for my next trick, check your bank account.”

Billionaire: “What the fuck!? Where did all my money I made from selling poisonous vaccines go?”

Cortavar

Best friends, of course!
Why do I get very strong Yaoi vibes from this image?

Anyway, let's take a powerful but not godlike mage, and a decently loaded billionaire. Money guy is probably going to hire magic guy for things that money can't normally buy, like immortality, magic-proofing his mansion or simply as an advisor on the supernatural side of things. And magic guy is going to want to be paid in normally inaccessible goods or ancient artifacts: if a pint of dragon blood goes for hundreds of thousands of dollars, average Joe Mc Magic won't be able to afford it, but it's pocket change for Jack Mc Pennybags, same for that elusive Sumerian tablet that should belong in a museum! Who do you think finances those grave robbers alternative archeologists?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Billionaire hires mage and uses him to make more money. Like they always have. The mage gets caught up in a series of contracts and becomes a wage mage.

Satansoul

useless member
In the house of the Billionaire
Magician:"I can summon water!" Suddenly, water pours into Magician's glass and he starts drinking while looking proudly at Billionaire.

The billionaire is snapping his fingers with a poker face. When the call is made, dozens of beautiful maids enter with glasses of water and stand in a row. The billionaire points to one of them to come closer, then he takes the glass of water, gives her a wad of money and drinks it with a calm look at the Magician.

Magician:"I- I can summon wind!" After the Magician finishes speaking, a gentle and cool wind blows and gently shakes the edges of his magician's hat.

The billionaire calmly snaps his fingers again. Suddenly, dozens of muscular men in suits and sunglasses enter, put their hands in the inner pockets of their coats, take out small pink hand fans and start blowing billionaire, and the billionaire puts a wad of money in the pocket of each of them.

Magician:"s- summon fire!" A flickering flame of blue fire appears on the Magician's finger.
Billionaire puts a cigarette in his mouth and snaps his fingers without giving Magician a moment, dozens of other men and women enter, take out lighters, light the billionaire's cigarette, and the billionaire gives each of them a wad of money again.

Magician:"the earth!" Magician puts his hand to the ground while panting, suddenly the ground shakes a little and then a hole appears in it.

Billionaire takes a look at the hole, calmly pulls out his phone and sends a message, when the message is answered, a whole construction team comes in with mechanical excavators and starts digging the ground. The engineer of the team approaches with the pool construction plan, Billionaire looks at the plan, puts a wad of money on it and then He looks at Magician again.

"I can summ- *SPLAT* " A wad of money hits Magician's face and then falls gently.

"You are insul- *SPLAT* Two other wad of money hit Magician's face.

"Yo- *SPLAT* Three other wad of money hit Magician's face.

Magician looked at Billionaire's face while breaking out in a cold sweat, then looked at the stacks of money on the ground, and again at Billionaire's face, after looking up and down a few times, he smiled kindly and while rubbing his hands together, he said: "Ahahahaha indeed. I am looking for a job, I don't know if I can work for you?"

Billionaire finally smiled, extended his hand to handshake and said: "Of course, to start, go water the back garden"

When the Magician went to the back garden, the Billionaire looked at the people present with the same smile, took back the wads of money from them, then opened one of them and distributed it among the people present, and while they were leaving after taking the money, with a loud voice said: "Happy cooperation, if I need your help later, I will let you know."

THE END

P.S:Yes, my English is terrible.

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
In the house of the Billionaire
Magician:"I can summon water!" Suddenly, water pours into Magician's glass and he starts drinking while looking proudly at Billionaire.

The billionaire is snapping his fingers with a poker face. When the call is made, dozens of beautiful maids enter with glasses of water and stand in a row. The billionaire points to one of them to come closer, then he takes the glass of water, gives her a wad of money and drinks it with a calm look at the Magician.

Magician:"I- I can summon wind!" After the Magician finishes speaking, a gentle and cool wind blows and gently shakes the edges of his magician's hat.

The billionaire calmly snaps his fingers again. Suddenly, dozens of muscular men in suits and sunglasses enter, put their hands in the inner pockets of their coats, take out small pink hand fans and start blowing billionaire, and the billionaire puts a wad of money in the pocket of each of them.

Magician:"s- summon fire!" A flickering flame of blue fire appears on the Magician's finger.
Billionaire puts a cigarette in his mouth and snaps his fingers without giving Magician a moment, dozens of other men and women enter, take out lighters, light the billionaire's cigarette, and the billionaire gives each of them a wad of money again.

Magician:"the earth!" Magician puts his hand to the ground while panting, suddenly the ground shakes a little and then a hole appears in it.

Billionaire takes a look at the hole, calmly pulls out his phone and sends a message, when the message is answered, a whole construction team comes in with mechanical excavators and starts digging the ground. The engineer of the team approaches with the pool construction plan, Billionaire looks at the plan, puts a wad of money on it and then He looks at Magician again.

"I can summ- *SPLAT* " A wad of money hits Magician's face and then falls gently.

"You are insul- *SPLAT* Two other wad of money hit Magician's face.

"Yo- *SPLAT* Three other wad of money hit Magician's face.

Magician looked at Billionaire's face while breaking out in a cold sweat, then looked at the stacks of money on the ground, and again at Billionaire's face, after looking up and down a few times, he smiled kindly and while rubbing his hands together, he said: "Ahahahaha indeed. I am looking for a job, I don't know if I can work for you?"

Billionaire finally smiled, extended his hand to handshake and said: "Of course, to start, go water the back garden"

When the Magician went to the back garden, the Billionaire looked at the people present with the same smile, took back the wads of money from them, then opened one of them and distributed it among the people present, and while they were leaving after taking the money, with a loud voice said: "Happy cooperation, if I need your help later, I will let you know."

THE END

P.S:Yes, my English is terrible.
Yes, this was what I was after! A dick-measuring contest!

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
my first thought was Stark meets Doc Strange. but excluding marvel, I'd say the billionaire would spend his cash trying to stark/wayne himself up to one up what the mage can do, then the mage just being like "yeah, I got a spell that can do that too."

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Billionaire buys lots of sex toys and sex furniture. Magician enchants the objects in various ways. They test their products on themselves, but then after a couple of injuries, they hire a harem of test subjects and only use the best products for themselves. Living their best life together!

MidnightFox

A Trickster that loves Puppets
I dunno why this randomly occurred to me, but what would an interaction between a billionaire and a magician look like? And I'm not talking about the trick guys. I'm talking about the reality-altering, physics-bending, true blue magicians. It seems like it'd be fun to write.
Bicker like a married couple, but both sides are male?

Kenjona

How powerful is the mage? How common are mages? If he is some random street mage who has minor powers. Nothing much, gets paid maybe to work for the billionaire. Depending on his power level, he could be the Billionaire/Trillionaire, in which case they would be dealing with each other as peers.

A Billionaire is a Billionaire because of the wealth they own, not because they actually have a billion dollars in cash. Probably the fastest way to become a billionaire is to be born one. But most earn it through time.
The Rapper Jay Z is a Billionaire (1.2 to 1.3 Billion) because of the value of his songs, his record label, and all of the other properties he owns. His actual income is still huge compared to normal people but it is not a billion dollars a year. His income is in the 100 to 200 Million range, before taxes and fees. Yes, still huge! Most billionaires their actual income is anywhere from 0.1% to 20% of the value of their wealth.

But! A Wizard! In our present day world with no other wizards around or anything to stop their magic.

Divining
Divining best places for oil wells, gas wells, deposits of ores, Stock market fluctuations. Maybe those who have been called Wizard(s) of Wall Street, were actual diviners. A venture capitalist who knows which company to invest in and at which time, 100% of the time, would be an easy billionaire.
Sports betting, Roulette tables, cards and so on.

Creation/Summoning
If you can easily create 1 troy ounce of 999.99 fine gold per day (31.1035grams or 1.09714ounces) that is about 730,000 dollars per year before taxes and not adjusting for 80-90% percent of spot price. After spot price of 90% and US Federal tax of 28% (Selling gold is not taxed as income in the US, it is taxed as capital gains) that is nearly in the half a million dollar range cash; per year. If you can invest most of it every year you would end up easily that billionaire. Especially if you could divine where the market is going.
Can you summon 2 troy ounces per day?; can you increase that by 1000 troy ounces? Once you have enough starting capital money it can take care of itself to a degree.
Summon and sell rare animals.
Summon and sell rare plants.
Oh wait I can only summon wood; Ok I summon a pile of African Blackwood, most expensive wood in the world. Maybe Agar maybe Lignum Vitae.

Teleportation/Gate
I go from buying gold in Africa at 50% of Spot price and sell it for 80-90% of spot price.

Healing
Doctor, doctor name your price. I got a bad case of needing your advice.

Mind
Thank you for your donation to my Charity; The Mindful Wizards retirement fund.

And ad infinitum.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Tony Stark, clad in his Iron Man suit, landed with a metallic thud in the middle of Doctor Strange's sanctum, causing books to topple off shelves and mystical artifacts to rattle.

"Hey, Doc! Mind if I drop in unannounced?" Tony quipped, flashing a cocky grin.

Doctor Strange, engrossed in studying an ancient spellbook, looked up with a mixture of annoyance and amusement. "Stark, must you always make such grand entrances?"

"Well, when you've got an entrance as grand as mine, it's hard not to show it off," Tony replied, striking a pose.

Strange sighed. "What brings you here, Stark? I assume it's not just to disrupt my peace and quiet."

"You assume correctly, Sorcerer Supreme," Tony said, walking over to where Strange was seated. "I need your help with something."

Strange raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And what might that be? Another one of your 'world-saving' schemes? Your attempt of building an armor around the world isn't really on the good books."

"Hey, this time it's different," Tony protested, feigning offense. "This time it's personal. I need your expertise in mystical matters."

Strange leaned back in his chair, intrigued. "Go on."

Tony explained the situation, outlining the threat they were facing and why he believed Strange was the only one who could help. As he spoke, Strange listened intently, his expression growing more serious with each passing moment.

Once Tony finished, there was a moment of silence before Strange spoke. "Very well, Stark. I will assist you, but on one condition."

Tony raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

"You promise to stay out of my way and refrain from making any reckless decisions," Strange said firmly.

Tony grinned. "You drive a hard bargain, Doc, but deal. Just don't expect me to sit on the sidelines while you work your magic."

"Rest assured, Stark, I have no intention of keeping you on the sidelines," Strange replied, a hint of amusement in his voice. "So what is the problem?"

"So... I accidentally knocked up a girl, and she really has a good lawyer. Can you like rewind time? Please~! Pepper will kill me! No, scratch that, Thor will kill me!" Tony literally begged on his knees.

"..."