Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xianxia!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fantasy!

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Potatome

If curious about the title...Dm me; Looking for a proofreader---or if anyone could share a good app that could assist me in grammar!

I will gladly appreciate it!

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Nah, but thanks... I'm using it, but readers still complaining about my grammar!
grammarly doesn't work like an editor unless if you pay for premium... or use it enough for it to give you free premium access like I did. It can only really make mild suggestions and fix obvious grammar problems/spelling problems for free. double it up with the microsoft editor chrome extension and that should help make up the difference. The rest is dependent on your skill and/or who you pay to edit.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
If curious about the title...Dm me; Looking for a proofreader---or if anyone could share a good app that could assist me in grammar!

I will gladly appreciate it!

1. Write the chapter yourself.

2. Run it through a simple spell checker like word.

3. Go to ChatGPT and type "Rephrase The Following Paragraph" Take one paragraph of at least 3 sentences and save it in a separate file. Feed that paragraph to ChatGPT. Copy resulting paragraph to the separate file. Make a hybrid paragraph of the best of both.

4. Repeat step 3 until you have done every paragraph.

5. Turn on Grammerly. Just use the spell checking feature. Screw the suggestions.

6. Go through your chapter to search for the following words:
Suddenly
Very/really
Started
Just
Somewhat/slightly
Somehow
Seem(s)
Definitely
If you see any of these words, reconsider them. Usually these words are misused. If someone is speaking, no problem, but outside of conversation, they usually are a bad sign.

7. If there are any sections which don't feel right use the following at random:
prowritingaid.com/rephrase
sudowrite.com/app
writesonic.com/
But they do not allow unlimited use, so just use these occasionally to get a different perspective on how you phrased something.

8. Put it through Text Edit and turn on the text to speech feature. Listen to the chapter and fix it as it reads it out loud to you.

9. Turn on Grammerly one last time for spell checking.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!

3. Go to ChatGPT and type "Rephrase The Following Paragraph" Take one paragraph of at least 3 sentences and save it in a different file. Feed that paragraph to ChatGPT. Copy said paragraph to different file. Make a hybrid file of the best of both.

5. Turn on Grammerly. Just use the spell checking feature. Screw the suggestions.

Suddenly
Very/really
Started
Just
Somewhat/slightly
Somehow
Seem(s)
Definitely
If you see any of these words, reconsider them. Usually these words are misused. If someone is speaking, no problem, but outside of conversation, they usually are a bad sign.

7. If there are any sections which don't feel right use the following at random:
But they do not allow unlimited use, so just use these occasionally to get a different perspective on how you phrased something.

8. Put it through Text Edit and turn on the text to speech feature. Listen to the chapter and fix it as it reads it out loud to you.

Me who uses suddenly :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Me who uses suddenly :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
It's that you can't use it, it's that chances are you are misusing it.

For example:
She just stared at him, "I don't believe it."

She Stared at him AND spoke saying, "I don't believe it." She didn't JUST do anything. Just means she does nothing else BUT ONE THING.

When I see "just" and someone does two or more things, I want to flip a table.

Suddenly has to be instantaneous. Suddenly the car started to drive down the road.

How the hell does a car drive down a road SUDDENLY? It had better have been at a dead stop then gone from Zero to 60 in like .3 seconds. Otherwise, it isn't sudden.

It's not that you can't use it. It's that those words need to be looked at with a magnifying glass to make sure they are used correctly, or even needed at all.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
It's that you can't use it, it's that chances are you are misusing it.

For example:
She just stared at him, "I don't believe it."

She Stared at him AND spoke saying, "I don't believe it." She didn't JUST do anything. Just means she does nothing else BUT ONE THING.

When I see "just" and someone does two or more things, I want to flip a table.

Suddenly has to be instantaneous. Suddenly the car started to drive down the road.

How the hell does a car drive down a road SUDDENLY? It had better have been at a dead stop then gone from Zero to 60 in like .3 seconds. Otherwise, it isn't sudden.

It's not that you can't use it. It's that those words need to be looked at with a magnifying glass to make sure they are used correctly, or even needed at all.
Usually I use suddenly differently, I hope.
Example: The car drove down the road like normal, but then, suddenly, another car slammed into it.

LORD_SHAXX

3. Go to ChatGPT and type "Rephrase The Following Paragraph" Take one paragraph of at least 3 sentences and save it in a separate file. Feed that paragraph to ChatGPT. Copy resulting paragraph to the separate file. Make a hybrid paragraph of the best of both.

Suddenly
Very/really
Started
Just
Somewhat/slightly
Somehow
Seem(s)
Definitely

prowritingaid.com/rephrase
sudowrite.com/app
writesonic.com/

Adding to this. NEWER versions of word have a "read aloud" function. Having your text read back to you can help you identify any mistakes and help identify sentences that don't make or could sound better.